PDA

View Full Version : Toys for the Big Boys & Lovely Girls

LION
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Life begins at _____, so I got myself a new toy.* Since the high level of uric acid in my body prevents me from running long distance, I've decided to try a mountain bike.* Here is the pic (the one I got though has disc brakes).

http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/bikes/08_bikes/08trailx1.html#

This model is really good for newbies.*

lekiboy
06-03-2008, 11:31 AM
^^ mayor lang namin meron nyan.. :)

salsa caballero
06-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Nice bike! Welcome to mtb riding!

Here's my bike: http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/xc_full_suspension/product_124218.shtml

Enjoy it and happy trails!

gameface_one
06-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Just starting my airsoft hobby. Recently bought HK 416 and Glock 23 F both China made (very cheap). Planning to buy the MP-5 Navy with full accessories.

Sam Miguel
06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Already have a China-made airsoft Colt M4 Carbine. Maybe we should have a shootout sometime...? 8)

LION
06-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Nice bike! Welcome to mtb riding!

^^Here's my bike: http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/xc_full_suspension/product_124218.shtml

Enjoy it and happy trails!

Thanks Salsa.

Your bike is THE bike! And mighty expensive too. *Saw models like that in Ross (Cartimar) but not the same brand. Full suspension models are priced from 70k - 150k. *I saw a road bike that costs about 350k. *

So that's the origin of your call sign. *:)

salsa caballero
06-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Exactly ;)

If you noticed though, my bike is older already - almost 4 years old. It still rides well anyhow.

Anyway, I'm about to get a road bike too. I'd like to get a little fitter than I am now, and I think road riding will help. Don't get me wrong, mtb'ing helps but you can only go so fast on a mtb. A road bike will let you test your aerobic threshold on the city streets, unlike a mtb which is really meant for gnarlier terrain.

razor
06-03-2008, 04:14 PM
My Airsoft collection:

1. M16A1
2. M4 RIS
3. FAMAS SV (French assault rifle)
4. Berreta Pistol (Gas with blow-back)

(All Tokyo Marui; all modified)

I haven't played a game though in more than 2 or 3 years. Planning to go play again but the airsoft crowd is getting younger and younger unlike before ;)

LION
06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
^^

Same here Salsa. I am planning to get a second bike but this time it won't be an upgraded mountain bike. The mountain bike will be my utility bike but I will eventually get a road bike.

I saw a really beautiful road bike in Rockwell (Power Bikes) and I made a decision to own one. My timeline is January 2009, when I get the year-end bonus. ;D

danny
06-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Ayan na! Maglalabasan na ang mga matatadang nag-babaril barilan! nyehehehehe.

Unfortunately, I have to settle with Laser Tag. My son is just 8 years old you know. He's my only reliable playmate. ;D

MonL
06-04-2008, 01:07 AM
^^"Mountain LION" ka na pala, pareku... :D

LION
06-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Puma. ;D

salsa caballero
06-04-2008, 11:05 AM
^ When you go to Powerbikes, ask for the wrench, Boyet Camba. He will help you to make a decision on the rig best suited to you. May I also suggest ALL TERRA at Club 650 Libis, Bike Town Cyclery at PSID Pasong Tamo and Velocity at Leveriza, off Cartimar. (Sabak at Pasong Tamo is also supposed to be ok, but I've yet to deal with them.)

Tancha ko, magbabago isip mo about your bike come January :) The timeline's a bit long. Long enough for you to waver and learn about custom sizing and fitting for the price of that shiny red rig at Powerbikes :)

Gil_Andrews
06-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Anybody still has the original steel Voltes V robot with Camp Big Falcon? The worn out displays in Greenhills are being sold for P 25k to P 35k. Back in the late 70s, they fetched as low as P 295 in Casman Drug in Quezon Ave.

bchoter
06-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Haaay. Buti pa kayo from Powerplant ang bikes niyo. I've had mine for 5 years now purchased from and custom-fit at Quiapo :D

Pansin ko lang sa trend ng pag post... parang hindi na apt yung title. For the Big boys nga ba? :D

lekiboy
06-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Just starting my airsoft hobby. Recently bought HK 416 and Glock 23 F both China made (very cheap). Planning to buy the MP-5 Navy with full accessories.

great collection, gameface one,
i also have the HK 416 and the Mp5 navy- my main field and cqb guns....ayos na yang mga yan---

for my plinking - the ca33e with sp160 and the bar 10g- the former is at 600+ fps and the latter at 550fps....

si razor di pa nakikilaro sa amin e...ratratan na!!!

bchoter
06-04-2008, 12:34 PM
^ Hanggang counterstrike lang ako... dokleng pa ako don. I hope Coolmanny finds this thread. He's into it na rin and he's convincing me to try it out.

Yung iba kayang big boys ano kanilang favorite toy? Apoy?

LION
06-04-2008, 01:46 PM
post deleted.

]

LION
06-04-2008, 01:47 PM

i also have the HK 416 and the Mp5 navy- my main field and cqb guns....ayos na yang mga yan---

for my plinking - the ca33e with sp160 and the bar 10g- the former is at 600+ fps and the latter at 550fps....

E papano naman kasi kahit konting piraso lang ng tenga ang nakalitaw e kaya nyong butasin.

5FootCarrot
06-04-2008, 01:49 PM
So this probably isn't the thread for me to talk about my doll collection... ;D

LION
06-04-2008, 01:49 PM
^ Hanggang counterstrike lang ako... dokleng pa ako don. I hope Coolmanny finds this thread. He's into it na rin and he's convincing me to try it out.

Yung iba kayang big boys ano kanilang favorite toy? Apoy?

Don't forget the girls. What's their favorite toy/s? * *

salsa caballero
06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I know some guys like playing with dolls, (albeit large and inflatable ones :D)

lekiboy
06-04-2008, 03:05 PM

E papano naman kasi kahit konting piraso lang ng tenga ang nakalitaw e kaya nyong butasin.

LION,
walang bukingan!!! :):) we regularly play during saturdays- usually in the south and boom na boom- whole day from 9am to 4pm...matipid na hobby- 100 pesos game fee for the whole day- you will spend 12k for 2 guns, 6k for gear and 6 k for future upgrades.

TOTAL 24k PHP one time.... just don't start an armory
24k is so much cheaper than a golf driver worth 30k and you still have to pay for green fees.....and of course, the other clubs...

carrot, yes, pls post some pics of your dolls... :)

bchoter
06-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Crash test dummy by day...

LION
06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
The title of the thread has been modified to encourage the lovely girls of gameface to tell us about their toys.

salsa caballero
06-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Crash test dummy by day...

...drive test mommy by night :P

danny
06-04-2008, 03:45 PM

Boys don't play with dolls. They are "action" figures. :D

Dark Knight
06-04-2008, 09:50 PM

Boys don't play with dolls. They are "action" figures. :D

I collect Mcfarlane toys especially Spawn action figures. I got the series classic comic covers and series 6 Regenerated. Since its now expensive, im buying "loose" items at Greenhills.

I also hacve a modest collection of batman action figures especially the lLegends Of The Dark Knight line by kenner. Never like the Mattel brand though.

As for dolls, im now starting to collect My Scene Nolee dolls. Im not gay BTW. :D

LION
06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
^ When you go to Powerbikes, ask for the wrench, Boyet Camba. He will help you to make a decision on the rig best suited to you. May I also suggest ALL TERRA at Club 650 Libis, Bike Town Cyclery at PSID Pasong Tamo and Velocity at Leveriza, off Cartimar. (Sabak at Pasong Tamo is also supposed to be ok, but I've yet to deal with them.)

Tancha ko, magbabago isip mo about your bike come January :) The timeline's a bit long. Long enough for you to waver and learn about custom sizing and fitting for the price of that shiny red rig at Powerbikes :)

I will certainly heed your advice Salsa.

About the timeline, I have no choice. The road bike I want is really expensive. The only way I could justify the purchase is to do it Christmas time or immediately after it. I wiill have 6 months to be a good boy just in case Santa is watching. :)

And you are right. I want that red road bike in Powerbikes.

salsa caballero
06-05-2008, 10:22 AM
My about-to-be-built bike is less flashy, but costs 40% as much. I wil post a pic here once it's done. I have two toddlers and I have to balance my luho on the scale with Nido and Pampers ;D

Nevertheless, hindi na rin nakakahiya i-parada sa tapat ng istarbaks ang bagong rig hehehe

5FootCarrot
06-05-2008, 06:33 PM
As for dolls, im now starting to collect My Scene Nolee dolls. Im not gay BTW.* :D

What got you into collecting My Scene? :)

Also, do the My Scene dolls have big heads like the Bratz girls? One frustration that fashion doll collectors have today is that the newer dolls have big heads.

Fortunately, I collect vintage dolls so no "big head syndrome" here 8)

Dark Knight
06-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Yep, my wife influenced me to collect My Scene. We dont like Barbie coz theres too many imitations and her face becomes tiresome after numerous stares. BTW, there is a Barbie character in My Scene.

My Scene is Mattels answer to Bratz. But Bratz head is way too disproportionate to the body. My Scene, even though had big heads, is compensated by their long bodies.

Wow, vintage dolls are quite expensive right? Especially those Japanese porcelain dolls wearing a Kimono. :)

Dark Knight
06-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I once had a racer Bike. The Frame is Giant and the break accesories were Shimano Ultegra. Quite expensive during that time until the influx of motorbikes came along.

LION
06-06-2008, 08:21 AM
My about-to-be-built bike is less flashy, but costs 40% as much. I wil post a pic here once it's done. I have two toddlers and I have to balance my luho on the scale with Nido and Pampers* ;D

Nevertheless, hindi na rin nakakahiya i-parada sa tapat ng istarbaks ang bagong rig hehehe

Aba kahit iparada mo sa tabi ng BMW o Chedeng yan e pwedeng pwede.

Btw, when I ride in safe areas, i.e., controlled environment, I use my ipod and play "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins over and over para bumilis ang pag pedal. ;D

yungha
06-06-2008, 08:53 AM
i collect, oops i mean my son collects, die-cast airplane models of the different airlines. we buy when we try the different airlines and when someone we know travels. i have friends who'll travel on qantas and emirates soon and i'm looking forward to adding those to the collection.

LION
06-06-2008, 08:56 AM
i collect, oops i mean my son collects, die-cast airplane models of the different airlines. we buy when we try the different airlines and when someone we know travels. i have friends who'll travel on qantas and emirates soon and i'm looking forward to adding those to the collection.

KLM gives free model planes to passengers as souvenir. They gave me one before but I don't know if they are still doing it now.

Joescoundrel
06-06-2008, 10:21 AM
So when do we start shooting each other?

There's a place along Anonas, the old Victoria elementary school, where we can shoot each other.

Any one want to shoot me? I'd certainly like to shoot you guys.

;D

5FootCarrot
06-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Yep, my wife influenced me to collect My Scene. We dont like Barbie coz theres too many imitations and her face becomes tiresome after numerous stares. BTW, there is a Barbie character in My Scene.

My Scene is Mattels answer to Bratz. But Bratz head is way too disproportionate to the body. My Scene, even though had big heads, is compensated by their long bodies.

Wow, vintage dolls are quite expensive right? Especially those Japanese porcelain dolls wearing a Kimono.* :)

Yup, I've seen the My Scene dolls and there is indeed a Barbie. They do look nicer than the Bratz :)

Yes, vintage dolls can be rather expensive, and the ones I collect are available mainly in the US, which is why I don't have many, and the ones I do have I got through trades with other collectors. (It helps to know how to sew doll clothes ;D )

lekiboy
06-06-2008, 10:31 AM
So when do we start shooting each other?

There's a place along Anonas, the old Victoria elementary school, where we can shoot each other.

Any one want to shoot me? I'd certainly like to shoot you guys.

;D

joe,
are you talking of airsoft or something else?? :):):)
we are regulars at boom na boom - every sat- punta ka lang- kame bahala sa yo

pm me your cel...

danny
06-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Uy mga collection. Pwede na ako dito. ;D

Magnets for the fridge. Whenever we go on holidays, we always buy magnets for the fridge.

I am also starting my 1 oz. silver coin collection particularly Canadian Maple. These are 99.99% pure silver. Double purpose actually. As a core investment in preserving asset value and just for the heck of it. ;)

^^^^^^^Ulul! ...core investment ka diyan...e mas mahal pa yung mga airsoft at mga bisikletang nabanggit...^^^^^^ ;D

5FootCarrot
06-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Hey, I have a collection of souvenirs, too - but instead of magnets, I collect keychains. I've always liked keychains, even when I was little, and now I always buy one from places that I visit, or get one as "pasalubong" when my mom goes abroad.

danny
06-17-2008, 05:15 AM
My new toy. I got this for Father's Day. So far, the best micro RC plane I ever had. ;D

http://www.interactivetoy.com/microfighter/hulkmicrofighter-tx-model.JPG

danny
06-17-2008, 05:17 AM
Ooops. Double post. :)

LION
06-17-2008, 07:41 AM
^ Bakit kasya pa rin ang pants ni Incredible Hulk? Lumaki rin ba size ng pants niya pati sa waist?

Pareng danny magaling ang anak mo. He gave you a toy? Matalinong bata.

easter
06-17-2008, 09:11 AM
:D Ako collection ko tumblers at yung may characters na buckets ng KFC! Dami ko na ngang na miss eh baka meron kayo dyan na itatapon nyo na. ;D

5FootCarrot
06-17-2008, 10:11 AM
^ Bakit kasya pa rin ang pants ni Incredible Hulk?* Lumaki rin ba size ng pants niya pati sa waist?* *
Baka pareho ang waist measurement nila ni Bruce Banner.

Or, kung mas malapad si Hulk, baka matibay yung pants kaya hindi nasisira. Tapos yung sikip ng waistband yung isang dahilan kung bakit palaging galit si Hulk. :P

LION
06-17-2008, 10:25 AM
;D ;D ;D

Spandex daw yata yung pants. :)

Joescoundrel
06-17-2008, 10:32 AM
My squad and I just went through hell with a bunch of veteran sergeants in Fernando Air Base in Lipa during an airsoft meet. Those oldtimers didn't even use modified guns.

We're all the same actually, all of us just used whatever came out of the box when we bought the blasted things.

What is it with other airsoft guys who modify every thing to death?

razor
06-17-2008, 10:45 AM
My squad and I just went through hell with a bunch of veteran sergeants in Fernando Air Base in Lipa during an airsoft meet. Those oldtimers didn't even use modified guns.

We're all the same actually, all of us just used whatever came out of the box when we bought the blasted things.

What is it with other airsoft guys who modify every thing to death?

Advantage over the enemy, i.e., accuracy, greater velocity, longer range, faster rate of fire and most of all, the "pogi" factor ;)

Coolmanny
06-21-2008, 09:49 PM
uuuy finally found this thread as directed by manong

i have a collection of hardrock shirts pero hindin yun ang dahilan nang pag post ko dito hehehe

i'm into airsoft na rin, just started a few months ago, and manong bchoter gave me his camo jacket earlier hehehe

usually play in boom na boom on saturdays, pero i've tried sitting ducks and aushau in marikina, kanina dapat sa km 18 kungdi umuulan

ok sa aushau, scenario nilalaro dun resident evil ;D

kung may mga adik pa dyan na naghahanap nang kasama game ako

bchoter
07-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Mukhang nag move on na ang mga BigBoys :D

LION
07-03-2008, 08:28 AM
^ Bakit kasya pa rin ang pants ni Incredible Hulk?* Lumaki rin ba size ng pants niya pati sa waist?* *

Or, kung mas malapad si Hulk, baka matibay yung pants kaya hindi nasisira. Tapos yung sikip ng waistband yung isang dahilan kung bakit palaging galit si Hulk. :P

This was answered in the latest Hulk movie. Bruce Banner wears pants bigger than his normal size. Pero kahit na, unbelievable pa rin.

BigBlue
07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
^ Bakit kasya pa rin ang pants ni Incredible Hulk? Lumaki rin ba size ng pants niya pati sa waist?

This was answered in the latest Hulk movie. Bruce Banner wears pants bigger than his normal size. Pero kahit na, unbelievable pa rin.

stretchy!

danny
07-04-2008, 04:32 AM
Langhiya naman. Si Incredible Hulk ang napansin at hind yung RC.

Magaling akong mgpalipad niyan! ;D

Lion, someone just gave a Raleigh Mountain Bike for free. O ngayon. Ano gagawin ko dito? Scooter na lang sana. :D

LION
07-04-2008, 08:19 AM

Lion, someone just gave a Raleigh Mountain Bike for free. O ngayon. Ano gagawin ko dito? Scooter na lang sana. :D

Pare, you should have also asked for a helmet and gloves and you are ready to go.

Mountain biking is ideal in Canada. Climate is* perfect for this hobby.* I envy the European bikers everytime I see them in different groups on their way to the alps. I gotta do that at least once in my lifetime.* :)

lekiboy
07-04-2008, 10:15 AM
sa mga middle aged airsofters: :)
nasa boom na boom kame tomorrow- 9am to 4pm

gear up, boys!

danny
07-05-2008, 01:56 AM

Pare, you should have also asked for a helmet and gloves and you are ready to go.

Mountain biking is ideal in Canada. Climate is* perfect for this hobby.* I envy the European bikers everytime I see them in different groups on their way to the alps. I gotta do that at least once in my lifetime.* :)

Correct ka diyan pare!

During the summer season, the resort municipality of Whistler BC becomes the mecca of North American Mountain Biking! We're going back there ,again, this August* Not to Mountain Bike but to relax and enjoy. It's gorgeous in Whistler. The food, the wine, the people, the scenery... the works! (Yun e kung hindi kami matuloy sa Manhattan, at libre din lang naman ni Mama, este mommy ni missis ;D).

Imagine snowboarding and skiing during Winter to Mountain Biking and ATVs during summer.

Check out the trails:

Whistler is a mountain biking Mecca. We accommodate all types of riders, offering downhill, technical single track, cross country, wide single track and the paved valley trail. There is something for everyone.

http://www.whistler.ca/content/view/106/261/

Hey did you just come back from Tuscany?* Biking? 8)

LION
07-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Whistler is mountain biking mecca indeed. :)

Not from Tuscany but the swiss alps.

Pres. Bush is also an avid mountain biker. He tours his more than 1,000 acre Texas ranch on board his Trek mountain bike. :) Gotta invite him one of these days. ;D

Coolmanny
07-09-2008, 11:27 PM

gear up, boys!

pre i was there too, sayang di ko agad nabasa to, i arrived mga 920am, konti pa lang tao, by 1030 dumami pati yung team na "BI-TAG", alat ako nung sabado, lagi akong hit

dun uli kami this coming saturday

lekiboy
07-10-2008, 01:07 AM

gear up, boys!

pre i was there too, sayang di ko agad nabasa to, i arrived mga 920am, konti pa lang tao, by 1030 dumami pati yung team na "BI-TAG",* alat ako nung sabado, lagi akong hit

dun uli kami this coming saturday

ayos! our team is full auto.. hanapin mo yung mga guwapo at mga matatangkad... :):):)- pag wala kang nakita...... di kame naglaro - hahha

saturday ulit...

danny
07-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Eto na! Tirahan na. ;D

Coolmanny, etong sila leki, kahit ilong lang daw nakalabas, sapul. Balitaan niyo kami. ;D

lekiboy
07-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Eto na! Tirahan na. ;D

Coolmanny, etong sila leki, kahit ilong lang daw nakalabas, sapul. Balitaan niyo kami. ;D

^ kaliwa o kanang butas??? ;D

Coolmanny
07-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Eto na! Tirahan na. ;D

^ kaliwa o kanang butas???* ;D

ampotah, malaki pa naman ilong ko, kahit malayo kita, baka dumerecho sa utak ko yan?

lekiboy - di naman siguro kayo yung naka 498 fps na sniper rifle nung sabado? alam ko na, sa inyo kami kakampi para mahaba buhay namin, pm kita pre nang mobile ko

bchoter
07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
sawakas nagkita rin kayo :D

Di ka na lonely pareng manny. Pass muna ako sa glug-glug sa sabado bro. Hanggang 4PM lang exit pass ko. Yung warden ko kasama kong manood ng laro :D

lekiboy
07-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Eto na! Tirahan na. ;D

^ kaliwa o kanang butas???* ;D

ampotah, malaki pa naman ilong ko, kahit malayo kita, baka dumerecho sa utak ko yan?

lekiboy - di naman siguro kayo yung naka 498 fps na sniper rifle nung sabado? alam ko na, sa inyo kami kakampi para mahaba buhay namin, pm kita pre nang mobile ko

hahaha- nasa banded kame...i think the one with the 498 was on the other side... we made an assault on their stronghold last sat- naratrat si 498 or 488 yata...hehehe- we just heard: " aray, aray, hit hit hit naaaa!!!" bwhahahaha

Coolmanny
07-10-2008, 07:39 PM
magkalaban nga tayo saturday, nagtago ako sa may gulong at nakikipagtanawan dun sa isang kakampi mo sa may kubo at dun sa nasa tower, tinamaan ako sa kamay umayaw nako

nung nag change court na, dun ako sa may cqb, na hit ko yung naka knife kill sa kakampi ko, 2 shots lang sa vest para hindi masakit, malapit na kasi, di nga nya naramdaman nakita lang nang marshall, pagka hit ko sa kanya natanaw ko mga kakampi mo marami pa at malapit na, umayaw nako hehehe

see you saturday

manong - hahaha buti na lang at wala rin ako sa game sa saturday, may lakad pa sa lodge after airsoft, sa thursday tayo magkita for the dlsu game pero pasok pako after the game, teka teka usapang basketball na sorry hehehe

LION
07-10-2008, 07:43 PM
OT ang usapang basketball dito. ;D

danny
07-11-2008, 01:20 AM
OT ang usapang basketball dito. ;D

Nyehehehehe.

Pwede din daw, basta pasok sa ilong. :D

Coolmanny
07-14-2008, 12:03 AM
i was there at boom na boom saturday, i texted lekiboy and i think it's her better half who replied for him, she said that he just got out of surgery

lekiboy
07-14-2008, 06:45 AM
i was there at boom na boom saturday, i texted lekiboy and i think it's her better half who replied for him, she said that he just got out of surgery

pasensya na pre- got screws implanted last fri- to repair a torn shoulder tendon- bawi ako in 2 weeks pre. ;D - si kumander nga raw sumagot.... ;)

LION
07-14-2008, 08:48 AM
^ Asus. Nagulpi ka lang ng esmi mo e. Umuwi ka kasi ng maaga, hindi kapag umaga. ;D

Coolmanny
07-14-2008, 03:25 PM

pasensya na pre- got screws implanted last fri- to repair a torn shoulder tendon- bawi ako in 2 weeks pre.* ;D - si kumander nga raw sumagot.... ;)

pano yan pre, every time you pass by a metal detector mag a-alarm na?! sabihin mo na lang "boss, bulitas" hehe sige pre mukhang di rin ako lalaro muna, wala pa license nang baril, nilalakad pa

mangtsito
07-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm buying a Canon EOS 450D tomorrow. Naiinip na ako ;D

LION
07-14-2008, 03:57 PM
^ Shooter. :)

mangtsito
07-14-2008, 04:21 PM
^ i.e. ibang klaseng shooter ako. Ayoko yang Airsoft, masakit. ;D

Ok na sa akin yung shots na gamit ay Canon o Nikon.

Pwede na rin yung shots ng Cuervo. :D

LION
07-14-2008, 06:34 PM
I have a Nikon D80. But I have yet to get a wide-angle and telephoto lens. And I plan to enrol in a photography class as soon as commander gives me the go signal. :)

danny
07-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Mga shooters. ;D

From my childhood "holen"/"jolen" to golf balls. It's the peak of summer and I've finally continued my new hobby after 6 years of inactivity, golf. Since the price of playing golf here is equivalent to two premium cup of coffee from
Caffè Artigiano (http://www.caffeartigiano.com/), I will choose golf for the next 3 months. That means I have 3 more short games to play... 18 holes, par 3. :D nyahahahaha! Ala lang magawa.

By the way, who knows how to modify a PSP version 4.1. I need a homebrew firmware to play .cso/.iso games. :)

LION
07-15-2008, 07:57 AM
^Us local residents just go to Greenhills to modify our PSP units. :P

Wang-Bu
07-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Mga amo ano ba 'yang PSP? Pangarera ba 'yan parang box sa drag?

LION
07-15-2008, 10:34 AM
May larong karera din dun sa PSP kaibigang Wang-Bu. Mura lang pa-download sa sa greenhills. :)

danny
07-16-2008, 12:31 AM
^Us local residents just go to Greenhills to modify our PSP units.* *:P* *

Yup. I practically forgot about that when I was there. Pero pre, yung NDS mayroon na akong R4. 2 Gigs is enough for 50 NDS games..ayos! ;D

WampumTribe
08-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Recently bought a Jing Gong G36C (walang makuhang Tokyo Marui dito sa Dubai). Available ba ang XM8 at Tavor TAR-21 sa Pinas?

Coolmanny
09-02-2008, 02:40 PM
finally got to meet lekiboy at boom na boom on saturday, we were on the opposing sides thought hehehe

bought a canon 450D last saturday too, starting a new hobby

LION
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
^ Ayos! UAAP games is a good venue to hone your camera skills.

Coolmanny
09-02-2008, 10:06 PM
^ Ayos! UAAP games is a good venue to hone your camera skills.*

sir, sayang nga eh, maiksi season namin ngayon, mga off season leagues na lang hehehe, masyadong matagal pa season 72

mangtsito
09-04-2008, 02:28 PM
finally got to meet lekiboy at boom na boom on saturday, we were on the opposing sides thought hehehe

Good choice! It's what I purchased too. :)

Jaco D
09-05-2008, 01:16 AM

Good choice!* It's what I purchased too.* *:)

Beware of the disease called GAS: Gear Acquisition Syndrome, which is prevalent in hobbies like photography. If you don't have a sense of how a junkie gets addicted to a certain narcotic of his or her choice, this would be a safe way to experience that "high" or addiction. Nonetheless, have fun - you'll never regret getting bitten by the bug!!!! :)

Coolmanny
09-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Beware of the disease called GAS:* Gear Acquisition Syndrome, which is prevalent in hobbies like photography.* If you don't have a sense of how a junkie gets addicted to a certain narcotic of his or her choice, this would be a safe way to experience that "high" or addiction.* Nonetheless, have fun - you'll never regret getting bitten by the bug!!!! :)

thanks for the advice hehehe i think i can control the syndrome, the same way i was able to control it when i got into airsoft, pero i'm already thinking of getting a second gun plus i already have a list on what to buy next for photography and a list where and what to shoot

come to think of it, i already have a lot of GAS in me ;D

lekiboy
09-05-2008, 01:19 PM
cool manny- it was great meeting you last SAT at boom na boom...

Coolmanny
09-05-2008, 02:23 PM

lekiboy - likewise pare, sa sabado ulit, and minsan sundan natin nang mother of all bottles!

mangtsito
09-06-2008, 05:02 AM

Good choice!* It's what I purchased too.* *:)

Beware of the disease called GAS:* Gear Acquisition Syndrome, which is prevalent in hobbies like photography.* If you don't have a sense of how a junkie gets addicted to a certain narcotic of his or her choice, this would be a safe way to experience that "high" or addiction.* Nonetheless, have fun - you'll never regret getting bitten by the bug!!!! :)

Your reminder came too late, but thanks nevertheless ;D

I'm on a self-enforced gadget ban due to my 450D currently being in the Canon service center for repairs. :D

Bigla akong natauhan, hehehe

LION
09-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Anyone here selling a second hand but mind condition 12-24mm f/4 wide angle lens Sigma or Tokina?

lekiboy
09-08-2008, 08:06 AM

lekiboy - likewise pare, sa sabado ulit, and minsan sundan natin nang mother of all bottles!

malapit lang ang moa at blue wave, pre...sige sa susunod!

aircanda
01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
mukhang tahimik na dito ah? just bought my psp last november.. and sa kaadikan.. wala na akong maisip na magandang game.. ;D any suggestions?

gider
02-22-2009, 04:05 PM
my toys
my Carry Para ord P12
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/Weapon/IMG_0065.jpg

Game pistol Para ord 40s&w custom works by Manny Sunico
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/Weapon/PARA40.jpg

Home defense
Mossberg Maverick 12GA

Airsoft
Tokyo Marui HK G36
Socom 45

PHotography
Canon 40D 70-200 2.8L IS

I love using my index finger

LION
02-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Nice toys pare ko. I'm just figuring out where I stored my .50 caliber S&W. ;D

MonL
02-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Anybody into scale modeling?

My first ever model plane was the Batplane from Aurora, in '68. Over the years, allowance permitting, I would save up to buy a model kit plus paint. The very good scale model maunfacturers then were Aurora, The Lindbergh Line, Revell, Monogram, and Tamiya. Matchbox also made good 1/78 scale models kits. I still have two unassembled ones at home, the A-10 Thunderbolt/Warthog and the F-16 NATO twin-seater strike fighter kit, with option to make a USAF Thunderbirds Aerobatic Team version.

I've completed the following over the years:

F-4 Phantom
F-104 Starfighter
Messerschmit 262 Jet Fighter
Light Cruiser USS Biloxi
Lockheed P-38 Lightning
M-4 Sherman Tank
Thunderbird 2 heavy lift aircraft.
Thunderbird 4 Minisub
German Jagdpanther tank destroyer
Aircraft Carrier USS Essex
PT Boat - Pacific Theatre
A-7 Corsair
DeHavilland Mosquito Night Fighter
Saab 37 Viggen Interceptor
Panavia Tornado IDS Interdictor/Strike Fighter Bomber

The easy part is the assembly. The difficult, time consuming but also the most worthwhile part however is painting the finished kit. You simply cant do it in one or two day's sitting.

LION
02-23-2009, 07:55 AM
^ Marami pang space sa hangar ko pare. Park mo muna dun. :)

Jaco D
02-23-2009, 09:45 AM
One thing that scale modeling teaches you is patience, specially sa atin where not all the right tools, paints, etc. are available locally. I remember bringing home from my first NY posting ages ago two F-14 Tomcat 1/32 scale kits, one Revell the other Tamiya. The biggest mistake I made was not to buy the right finishing items when I bought the kits, thinking that they would be available in the usual outlets back home. It took me almost four years to finish both kits, relying on business trips to Southeast Asia and the US to score those items. By the time those two kits were finished, I had to migrate to Canada. Di bale, though part of the satisfaction of the hobby is admiring your work, the greater satisfaction comes from completing the kit and honing your skills as you jump from model to model. Right now I'm into flying scale modeling (time permitting), whether it be those ready-to-fly kits or those build-up from scratch ones. I've had a few crashes but that's part of the hobby.

By the way, have you guys experienced your finished models "crumbling"? I've noticed (actually it was my Mom who noticed) that the finished ones I left back home on locked display in the family room have become brittle and are slowly breaking up.

LION
02-23-2009, 09:52 AM
^The equivalent of metal fatigue?* ;D*

I will not probably enjoy this hobby. Bugnutin at wala akong pasensiya sa pag assemble ng mga bagay bagay. More so if you assemble those things inside a bottle.

MonL
02-23-2009, 10:18 AM
By the way, have you guys experienced your finished models "crumbling"?* I've noticed (actually it was my Mom who noticed) that the finished ones I left back home on locked display in the family room have become brittle and are slowly breaking up.

Buti sayo, they "died a natural death." Some of my finished models, brittle plastic as they were at the onset, fell victim to visitors to our home who brought along kids who took them out of their tabletop displays and played with them. I mean played with them.* >:(*

Have you ever seen a grown man cry?** :(

I still have the Tornado, the Mosquito, Lightning, Corsair and Viggen fighters left. One whole heap of their parts. :P
Hopefully I'll find time to resurrect them from the scrap heap box I keep them in.

LION
02-23-2009, 10:28 AM
By the way, have you guys experienced your finished models "crumbling"?* I've noticed (actually it was my Mom who noticed) that the finished ones I left back home on locked display in the family room have become brittle and are slowly breaking up.

Buti sayo, they "died a natural death." Some of my finished models, brittle plastic as they were at the onset, fell victim to visitors to our home who brought along kids who took them out of their tabletop displays and played with them. I mean played with them.* >:(*

Have you ever seen a grown man cry?** :(

I still have the Tornado, the Mosquito, Lightning, Corsair and Viggen fighters left. One whole heap of their parts. :P
Hopefully I'll find time to resurrect them from the scrap heap box I keep them in.

You can create some sort of a "monster model" out of the miscellaneous parts. Hideous. ;D

MonL
02-23-2009, 11:21 AM
You can create some sort of a "monster model" out of the miscellaneous parts. Hideous.* ;D*

Tapos pagmumultuhan nila yung nakasira sa kanila at pagsasabihan ala-Toy Story: "So play nice!"* :)

Jaco D
02-24-2009, 10:21 PM

I can sympathize with you Mon. On more than one occasion, Ermats was held hostage in the living room by a snot-nosed pamangkin threatening not to let her out until she handed over the models. Having experienced my shenanigans when I was my pamangkin's age, Ermats said OK and just sat down in front of the TV and watched her favorite afternoon shows. True enough, after about half-an-hour that seemed like an eternity, the little critter just plopped down on the sofa and took a nap. A few minutes later, the unflappable Lola was outside tending her garden.

GHRanger
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Matt Varnish would probably help in ensuring that the acrylic based paint doesn't crack. Comes in a convenient spray can variety.

My line is mostly 28-32mm scale models in metal, plastic, resin. I'm more of a collector, unfortunately, so i purchase more than i paint. :( And my models as well have fallen victim to my work schedules and paint fatigue (if you paint too much in one color, you'll probably go nuts.) I roughly have a couple of years backlog in models. Plus the 350 scale Yamato and Musashi my wife gave me.

MonL
03-02-2009, 08:14 PM
^Tamiya even had a gold-plated "Golden" version of their revered capital ship Yamato .

LION
03-06-2009, 07:30 AM
^I think you are playing with your kids' toys. ;D

freak
03-07-2009, 02:43 PM

Good choice! It's what I purchased too. :)

Beware of the disease called GAS: Gear Acquisition Syndrome, which is prevalent in hobbies like photography. If you don't have a sense of how a junkie gets addicted to a certain narcotic of his or her choice, this would be a safe way to experience that "high" or addiction. Nonetheless, have fun - you'll never regret getting bitten by the bug!!!! :)

Your reminder came too late, but thanks nevertheless ;D

I'm on a self-enforced gadget ban due to my 450D currently being in the Canon service center for repairs. :D

Bigla akong natauhan, hehehe

Marami rin palang photography enthusiasts dito hehe..

Paguwi ko I'll get myself a Nikon D40x kit + 55-200mm VR NIkkor lens. Dapat sana D80, kaya lang my friend who's supoosed to buy me the unit from the US eh hindi makakauwi in time for my vacation so I'll settle for the D40x kit na muna, beginner pa naman ako eh. ;D

danny
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
^I think you are playing with your kids' toys.* ;D

So it's not just me! Yipeee!

Now it's Nintendo Wii. Agawan na naman ng laruan. :D

MonL
03-07-2009, 07:35 PM
^I think you are playing with your kids' toys.* ;D

Zoids at Gundam na sila. Five years ago pa. Never touched the stuff.

Yet. ;D

JonarSabilano
03-23-2009, 11:04 AM
CD-R King never ceases to amaze:

http://www.cdrking.com/local/products/index.php?action=&temp=2&typeno=3131131-393544-052612481-2291956&prod=&prodcode=5371717-401117-838227107-4890103

GHRanger
03-23-2009, 11:31 AM
CD-R King never ceases to amaze:

http://www.cdrking.com/local/products/index.php?action=&temp=2&typeno=3131131-393544-052612481-2291956&prod=&prodcode=5371717-401117-838227107-4890103

Hahaha made my day.
I hope it doesn't conk out like the other stuff I've bought from CDR King. :D

danny
06-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Our new toy:

http://www.hifix.co.uk/graphics/pics/large/108417.jpg

I've read all the anti-Bose comments. Tried other end systems recommended by audiophiles (kuno). Considered some other Bose system. But what the heck, since Bose will be coming up with new Lifestyle models with an impossibly prohibitive price (relative since my wife and 10 year old son are loaded :D), I decided to finally give ourselves the home theater system that fits our "lifestyle" ( just like coffee, we morons are being sold THE lifestyle :D).

What really got us into Bose is the life-like sound. No accentuated high and low. Just plain clear, clean and crisp sound as if you are watching live concerts or a movie in a theater. Best of all, this system adapts its sound to the contours of your listening space.

This is one toy we will enjoy for a vey long time.

danny
06-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Darn, I forgot to mention. That's the Bose Lifestyle V20. It goes well with our 42"-inch Samsung LCD TV.

I can just hear some of my Bedan friends yell. "Hambog ka!!!!!!!! May Rolex naman akoooooohhhh!!!!!" .

Then laughter from everyone! hahahahahhaa. Freaking Bedans. So fun to be with. :)