PDA

View Full Version : question about the UAAP

jonas-jason
04-30-2008, 11:02 AM
hi there.

is Chris Tiu still going to play for team Team Ateneo? ???

ilang playing years po ba ang itatagal ng isang player sa UAAP?

pang ilang year na po b ni kuya Chris?

paano po ba nalilipat ang isang player ng UAAP sa PBL?

jonas-jason
04-30-2008, 11:03 AM
hi there.

Dark Knight
04-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Wow................hardcore questions. :D

GHRanger
04-30-2008, 03:54 PM
hi there.

is Chris Tiu still going to play for team Team Ateneo?* ???

1. I believe so. Otherwise, he won't be playing during the summer leagues.
2. 5 years, as long as he's only 7 years out of HS and 24 (? - i forgot) years old or less.
3. He's on his 5th Year. (6th to be exact, since he did an exchange program in Europe a couple years back.)
4. They go through a draft.

You might want to post questions regarding Chris Tiu and ADMU at the BEN.

RockLobster
04-30-2008, 05:58 PM
^And I think they have to play one or two full seasons in the UAAP first before they become eligible to apply for the PBL draft. Or something to that effect. The idea is for them to play for school first before entertaining ideas of being in the commercial league.

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 07:18 PM
One season with the UAAP is enough to play in the PBL. However, you need to have clearance from your school to participate in the PBL nowadays.

BigBlue
04-30-2008, 07:33 PM
One season with the UAAP is enough to play in the PBL. However, you need to have clearance from your school to participate in the PBL nowadays.

sa NCAA ata yung one year, alam ko two seasons pa rin ang UAAP.

GHRanger
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Yup I recall 2 years as well.

GHRanger
04-30-2008, 10:49 PM
This looks like a duplicate thread.

jonas-jason
05-02-2008, 10:46 AM
hi there.

1. I believe so. Otherwise, he won't be playing during the summer leagues.
2. 5 years, as long as he's only 7 years out of HS and 24 (? - i forgot) years old or less.
3. He's on his 5th Year. (6th to be exact, since he did an exchange program in Europe a couple years back.)
4. They go through a draft.

You might want to post questions regarding Chris Tiu and ADMU at the BEN.

tnx for the reply. anyway i'm just asking that cause i was wondering why kuya Ty Tang is on PBL right now. mukha kasing sabay lang silang nagsimula sa PBL.

jonas-jason
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
^And I think they have to play one or two full seasons in the UAAP first before they become eligible to apply for the PBL draft. Or something to that effect. The idea is for them to play for school first before entertaining ideas of being in the commercial league.

tnx for the reply. you mean, a player can apply/eligible to be in the commercial league even if they are still not college graduate?

jonas-jason
05-02-2008, 10:51 AM

you mean if the college/university doesn't approve your clearance
that means you will remain an UAAP player?

bluegirl
05-02-2008, 11:09 AM
pansinin mo ng mabuti, walang current ateneo player ang naglalaro sa PBL. i think that's because the coaching staff wants them to focus their training with the team. Chris Tiu was approached by Noosa Shoes to play for them.

and i don't think you need a clearance per se. more of a consent lang naman.

and yes, you may apply but if you do apply and matanggap ka, you will be ineligible to play in the UAAP and NCAA, if i'm not mistaken.

jonas-jason
05-02-2008, 11:19 AM
pansinin mo ng mabuti, walang current ateneo player ang naglalaro sa PBL. i think that's because the coaching staff wants them to focus their training with the team. Chris Tiu was approached by Noosa Shoes to play for them.

and i don't think you need a clearance per se. more of a consent lang naman.

and yes, you may apply but if you do apply and matanggap ka, you will be ineligible to play in the UAAP and NCAA, if i'm not mistaken.

???
Graduate na po b c Kuya Ford Arao ng San Mig Coffee (former team ateneo)?
bakit di po pumayag si Kuya Chris sa offer ng noosa?

bluegirl
05-02-2008, 11:25 AM
i'm not sure if ford arao has already graduated. but he has played the maximum 5 years so di na sya pwde next season.

kung di ako nagkakamali, his reasons were he wants to focus on his ateneo training and manonood daw sya ng laban ni pacquiao.

GHRanger
05-02-2008, 11:30 AM
tnx for the reply. anyway i'm just asking that cause i was wondering why kuya Ty t@ng is on PBL right now. mukha kasing sabay lang silang nagsimula sa PBL.

Not sure with Chris Tiu -- but TY maxed out his playing years.

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 11:38 AM

Hindi daw yata nag fit ang Shoes na binigay ng Noosa kay Chris Tiu. ;D
To give way to his last year with Ateneo.

jonas-jason
05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
i'm not sure if ford arao has already graduated. but he has played the maximum 5 years so di na sya pwde next season.

kung di ako nagkakamali, his reasons were he wants to focus on his ateneo training and manonood daw sya ng laban ni pacquiao.

nakakatawa naman ang reason niya.

baka sa acting na magfocus si kuya Chris instead of basketball. sayang naman ang skills niya.

jonas-jason
05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
tnx for the reply. anyway i'm just asking that cause i was wondering why kuya Ty t@ng is on PBL right now. mukha kasing sabay lang silang nagsimula sa PBL.

Not sure with Chris Tiu -- but TY maxed out his playing years.

sayang naman at nawalang ang team La Salle ng magaling na Team Captain.

Alam mo po ba nag course ni kuya Ty? i think masteral na siya right?

jonas-jason
05-02-2008, 11:48 AM

Hindi daw yata nag fit ang Shoes na binigay ng Noosa kay Chris Tiu. ;D
To give way to his last year with Ateneo.

Nice one ;D

baka sabihin mo, ayaw ni Kuya Chris ng noosa dahil pang Adidas lang ang paa niya hehehe ;D

last na play na pala season ni kuya Chris ngayon.