PDA

View Full Version : Another ineligibility issue in the UAAP?

batangueño
05-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Another ineligibility issue in the UAAP?
by Josef Ramos
inboundpass.com (http://www.inboundpass.com/2008/05/28/another-ineligibility-issue-in-the-uaap/)
Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Someone has inquired about the real story of this player included in the 2005 and 2003 UAAP edition of the Far Eastern University Tamaraws.

But due to the ongoing investigation, this site will not reveal his name to protect the player’s image and the reputation of the personalities around him.

More of the article here (http://www.inboundpass.com/2008/05/28/another-ineligibility-issue-in-the-uaap/).

Kid Cubao
05-28-2008, 04:09 PM
i thought the maximum age in the UAAP is 25 years old, provided you turn 25 upon or during the season? supposing it were true that the player in question was born in march 1983 as was alleged, eh di eligible pa rin sya last season because he would have been only 24 years old in 2007.

ingat lang po tayo sa pagpost ng mga copy-paste articles.

bchoter
05-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Looks like it's the time of the year when good friends ain't really dear. Somebody's doing a Montinola on Anton :D

I hope FEU won't suffer the same fate as UST where I felt the school reacted too late, rendering them sitting ducks when Jojo was lost for the season.

Tutal sa gameface naman may respeto tayo sa kapwa ka gamefce... sa mga tiga FEU (paging Dark Knight) ok lang ba mag speculate? O wag nalang muna until may konting linaw na?

Kid Cubao
05-28-2008, 04:45 PM
marami kasing sablay eh. una, hetong player daw ay kasama sa champion 2003 at 2005 FEU squads na nakapaglaro pa last year. pero alam naman nating halos mga bagito ang natira magmula 2006, pero nakalineup daw last year. teka, sino ang mga ito? heto ang mga beterano ng tamaraws sa season 70:

1. benedict fernandez
2. marnel baracael
3. marlon adolfo

heto ang tanung: sino sa kanila ang nakalineup nung 2003, nang tinalo ng FEU ang ateneo para sa kampeonato? paki-correct lang po kung kinakailangan, pero mukhang wala eh.

ikalawa, sakaling ipinanganak ka march 1983, eligible ka pa rin sa 2007.

The_Big_Cat
05-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Ryan Joseph Rizada is also a part of those teams. He is easily the most versatile (can play spots 1,2 & 3) and is 6'2" as what described in the article. Si RJ.

If he is ineligible, ang makikinabang dito from FEU's 2003,2004 & 2005 championship titles is Ateneo. Sa Ateneo mapupunta yung mga trophies na yan considering they have the second best record in those years and La Salle being disqualified.

What is the difference between this from the Jojo Duncil case a couple of years ago?

bchoter
05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
^ If it's RJ Rizada then no damage is done in the upcoming season unlike with Duncil whose absence greatly affected his team's chances because of the very short time to make adjustments. Unless the objective is to suspend FEU this coming season. Parang ganon ang pinatutunguhan ng article.

Sino kaya ang nag memaintain ng dosier sa mga UAAP players :D? How can they obtain a NSO-certified birth certificate without the player's consent?

The_Big_Cat
05-28-2008, 07:38 PM
The allegations are the birthdates. I think ang contention dito is that the player might have used two birth certificates. one is true while the other one is tampered.

Sa aspetong legal, if one field is tampered the whole document itself is anomalous.
2003 & 2005 pa daw. Ang tagal na yan at bakit ngayon lang lumabas?

RockLobster
05-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Sorry, parang I tend to agree na hindi si Rizada kasi sabi nga nung source nung writer, although parang mali yung grammar, "The guy is no longer eligible last year." If the source meant that the guy should not have played last season but did so, eh hindi nga si Rizada kasi he last played in 2005. Either that o mali ang intindi ko dun sa article.

But you do have a point na ang tagal na eh bakit ngayon lang ito lumabas. Parang current events ito... matagal nang tumamataas ang singil sa kuryente, bakit ngayon lang kinukwestyon.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Akala ko La Salle na naman.

Dark Knight
05-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Looks like it's the time of the year when good friends ain't really dear. Somebody's doing a Montinola on Anton :D

I hope FEU won't suffer the same fate as UST where I felt the school reacted too late, rendering them sitting ducks when Jojo was lost for the season.

Tutal sa gameface naman may respeto tayo sa kapwa ka gamefce... sa mga tiga FEU (paging Dark Knight) ok lang ba mag speculate? O wag nalang muna until may konting linaw na?

When i first read the title of the article, i thought it was the Arwind Santos eligibility issue which was raised by UP in 2002. Arwind played for a Cebu commercial league before joining the UAAP. But when i find out that it was an age issue, i cant think of anyone from the Tamaraws, who played in 2003 until 2007 na supposedly ay overage na.

Tama si sir Kid Cubao. Fernandez, Adolfo were rookies in 2004. Baracael in 2005. All these players played last season. Gerilla was cut from the team last yaer because of game fixing fiasco. Mangahas last plyed in 2006. Chan in 2003 to 2006. Yabut in 2005. Villanueva came in 2005. Jobim Garcia is gone in 2006. So wala talaga ako maisip na ineligible player who played in 2003-2007.

Maybe the writer commited an error sa time.

Or someone is just trying to get back at FEU.* :D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Si Montinola daw ineligible. Overstaying na sa FEU.

batangueño
05-28-2008, 10:57 PM

Bwahahahaha! Nice one, Kabayan. ;D

Dark Knight
05-28-2008, 11:15 PM
From U=Belt.com

Marlon Adolfo (1/12/1986)
Benedict Fernandez (12/13/1984)

The most logical candidate would be Fernandez as he will turn 24. Pero sa December pa ng 2008.

Baka ma suspend kami pag totoo. If that happens, then our banner will be "From Suspension To Champions".* :D

danny
05-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Looks like another demolition job. This time against FEU.

winters
05-29-2008, 08:51 AM
malabo yung details ng report...

ganun na ba kalakas ang FEU that entities are trying to prevent/hamper FEU's participation this season 71?

GHRanger
05-29-2008, 09:07 AM

Bwahahahaha! Nice one, Kabayan. ;D

:D.
I can name 7 schools as possible suspects. :)

Kid Cubao
05-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Ryan Joseph Rizada is also a part of those teams. He is easily the most versatile (can play spots 1,2 & 3) and is 6'2" as what described in the article. Si RJ.

What is the difference between this from the Jojo Duncil case a couple of years ago?

how on earth is that possible when RJ rizada's last playing season was in 2005? if i understood the allegations correctly, the player in question last played in 2007, just a year ago.

The_Big_Cat
05-29-2008, 12:14 PM
how on earth is that possible when RJ rizada's last playing season was in 2005? if i understood the allegations correctly, the player in question last played in 2007, just a year ago.

The first paragraph of the article said that he was part of the 2003 & 2005 teams. He is 6'2" and versatile.
One player came to my mind with those descriptions, RJ.

May mali dyan sa article at maraming impossible. Mukhang minadali para maka-exclusive??
Either which year, 1983 or 86, ay eligible sya. I am guessing this player used two birth certificates, one is true while the other is tampered. Sa batas, one tampered or erroneous field means that the entire document is anomalous hence any contract transacted with that anomalous document is INVALID.

bluewing
05-29-2008, 01:17 PM
blind item pa kasi. obvious naman na may mali sa article.

pangalanan na lang kasi, para mas madaling ipagtanggol o ipako sa krus.

Raging Blue
05-29-2008, 01:51 PM
The article was written in a convoluted manner. A classic example of not clearly thinking before writing. If the writer submitted it in my English composition class, I would have graded it an "F".

Lucas Palaka
05-30-2008, 12:58 PM

The first paragraph of the article said that he was part of the 2003 & 2005 teams. He is 6'2" and versatile.
One player came to my mind with those descriptions, RJ.

Only one FEU player fitted those descriptions?!? When you say 6'2 and versatile, that's practically describing HALF of the entire FEU roster at any given UAAP season. think about it.

Edited to add: Iba tayo rito sa gameface when it comes to sensible basketball discussions. Kala ko tuloy kung anong mainit na pasabog ito, yun pala parang rebentador na kalpot. Dapat hindi na ipinost ang walang ka-kwenta-kwentang "balitang" ito.

pio_valenz
05-30-2008, 01:25 PM
The writer, or at least his source, couldn't even get his math right. To quote:

If he was born in 1986, he is already 23-years-old which makes him eligible for the coming season. But if he was born in 1983, he is already 26-year-old and already ineligible play, even in Season 70.

1986 + 23 = 2009
1983 + 26 = 2009

2008 pa lang tayo. Bukod doon, mali pa yung paggamit ng hyphens. You only hypenate 23-year-old if it's used as an adjective. But then I'm already nitpicking.* ;D

Pero habang walang formal request to the UAAP Board to investigate this matter, walang mangyayari dyan. It'll all be hearsay. Personally, I don't like how some UAAP members use the press to leak potentially explosive eligibility info like this. If you have something to say, and if you're really sure about it, then take it to the proper forum: the UAAP Board.

The_Big_Cat
05-30-2008, 01:42 PM
^Minadali yung pasusulat ng artikulo na yan.

Bruticus
05-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Unless the guy has solid evidence to back him up, this will be nothing but plain and simple "haka-haka". Kaya Ii don't think this issue will go anywhere.

kryptonite
05-31-2008, 05:20 AM

If he is ineligible, ang makikinabang dito from FEU's 2003,2004 & 2005 championship titles is Ateneo. Sa Ateneo mapupunta yung mga trophies na yan considering they have the second best record in those years and La Salle being disqualified.

Did Rizada entered the UAAP in 2003? Kung matutuloy ang disqualification ng FEU...three-peat ang ATENEO!!! Walang kahirap-hirap...pero ang dapat VACANT na lang ang championship noong 2003 to 2005. Ganun naman ang ginagawa sa US NCAA di ba?

Dark Knight
05-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Rizada'a rookie year was 2002, along with Santos.

The Big Cat : The difference between his and the Duncil case is evidence. ;)

The_Big_Cat
05-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Rizada'a rookie year was 2002, along with Santos.

The Big Cat : The difference between his and the Duncil case is evidence. ;)

There is no other versatile player in the "2003 & 2005 teams with the 6'2" height" description allegedly than him.
Sana nga its just a rumor.

I hate to see young kids embroiled themselves into this kind of controversy. It creates a more damaging effect to the college basketball scene in general.

fmanyakis
05-31-2008, 12:22 PM
grijaldo?

flsfnoeraekadad
05-31-2008, 12:45 PM
grijaldo?

Grijaldo was from NU

batangueño
06-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Montinola: My players are not like Duncil
by Josef Ramos
inboundpass.com (http://www.inboundpass.com/2008/06/01/montinola-my-players-are-not-like-duncil/)
Sunday, 1 June 2008

“NO FEU player has breached the age limit, even before.” This was the statement made by Anton Montinola, Far Eastern University Board representative to the Universities Athletic Association of the Philippines, to inboundpass.com, regarding reports that one of his school’s players was ineligible when he suited up for the Tamaraws.

More of the article here (http://www.inboundpass.com/2008/06/01/montinola-my-players-are-not-like-duncil/).

BigBlue
06-02-2008, 10:01 AM
by Josef Ramos
inboundpass.com (http://www.inboundpass.com/2008/06/01/montinola-my-players-are-not-like-duncil/)
Montinola was referring to former Santo Tomas hotshot and current PBA pro Jojo Duncil, who was found guilty of possessing two birth certificates last year.

Found guilty? i dont recall any decision being made on the Duncil case last year. Josef Ramos, your journalistic credibility is sinking really fast.

bchoter
06-02-2008, 10:17 AM
by Josef Ramos
Sunday, 1 June 2008
Montinola just showed his lack of class.

The_Big_Cat
06-02-2008, 10:37 AM
by Josef Ramos
Montinola was referring to former Santo Tomas hotshot and current PBA pro Jojo Duncil, who was found guilty of possessing two birth certificates last year.

Found guilty? i dont recall any decision being made on the Duncil case last year. Josef Ramos, your journalistic credibility is sinking really fast.

That would probably be Josef Ramos' own investigation. ;D
I would like to hear from the UAAP, if they have started the inquiry already?

batangueño
06-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Mag-iimbestiga ba ang UAAP board kapag bata ni Anton ang involved? Hindi ba't puro mga "bata" ni Anton ang karamihan ng members ng UAAP board? ;D

GHRanger
06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
by Josef Ramos
Sunday, 1 June 2008

I agree bchoter. I found the statement uncalled for. It's okay to defend your players, but at the exepense of another's reputation - that's classless.

JonarSabilano
06-02-2008, 11:53 AM
by Josef Ramos

Did he have any to begin with?

Sam Miguel
06-02-2008, 02:06 PM
And that boys and girls is why we should read only articles and information from credible sources who do their own legwork and do not have a "scoop at all cost" mentality.

As for the ineligibility issue, all I can say is that the "facts" apparently cannot stand on their own, and the presentation of the information and narrative style were, all right I won't go there, baka sabihin ako lang marunong magsulat... ;D

Kid Cubao
06-02-2008, 06:47 PM
pinalalaki pa kasi ang isyu. sinabihan nang wag ipopost ang ganitong sablay na balita, dinugtungan pa ng mas sablay...

The_Big_Cat
06-02-2008, 07:44 PM
^"Hari ng Sablay"? ;D

Tigercub
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
this article is just simply tabloid-ish...

pablohoney
06-02-2008, 11:41 PM
by Josef Ramos
Sunday, 1 June 2008

I agree with this 100%.
tsk tsk.
Di ba siya natatakot na doble-doble na ang KARMA na parating sa kanya? >:(

fmanyakis
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
who was the player that was silently stricken off the line-up in the middle of the season last year due to alleged game fixing? could he be the one? i thought the name was a certain grijaldo. but im not sure.

bluegirl
06-03-2008, 01:59 PM
do you mean jr guerilla?

pablohoney
06-03-2008, 03:03 PM
who was the player that was silently stricken off the line-up in the middle of the season last year due to alleged game fixing? could he be the one? i thought the name was a certain grijaldo. but im not sure.

Gerilla.

Hoops McCann
06-03-2008, 03:08 PM
alfie grijaldo now plays in the PBL, having last seen action in the UAAP as an NU bulldog in 2001. that was also the last year NU reached the final 4.

The_Big_Cat
06-03-2008, 03:30 PM
^^ guerilla, gerilla or gorilla. ;D

danny
06-03-2008, 03:35 PM
For crying out loud! Please merge this with the tsismis thread. :D

shyboy
06-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Close this thread na lang.

JonarSabilano
06-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Puwede ring i-save at palitan ang title to "How not to write a chismis article".

RockLobster
06-03-2008, 05:19 PM
^"Hari ng Sablay"?*;D

I think he was once referred to as "The Troll". ;)

Jump_Shooter
06-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Much as I hate it when posters lift entire articles from other sites just to start a thread here, I cannot close this thread just yet because 1) there is no proof that Mr. Ramos' article is, in fact, mere chismis; and 2) I can't close a thread just because majority of you don't like the article or the threadstarter or both. The topic, after all, is related to the UAAP, even if some of the facts are questionable.

But once it becomes clear that nothing will come out of this "investigation", then that's the time we can safely say that this thread is useless.

Comemnts, people?

JonarSabilano
06-03-2008, 07:28 PM
^ Fair enough, I guess. :)

nash_bedista
06-03-2008, 09:27 PM
auz,tma si Guerilla nga galing nung nakahula. Nawala kc yun na bula dahil nagbebenta ng laro.

cgsavage
06-03-2008, 10:18 PM
is anton using duncil to save face or redirect the issue to someone else? pwede namang yung 2 players from ****. but no kidding, hinde ganun sumagot sa ganung issue. what if UST reacts and asks for some investigation? kahit bata pa niya nakaupo sa board eh bastusan ang hanap.