PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NBA Offseason Thread (Post-draft, Trades, Signings etc.)

mighty_lion
05-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Ang thread ng mga early exit at lotto teams. ;D

NJ is rumored in the run for Melo and Camby.

marmand
05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Artest wanting to stay in Sacramento. Other interesting situations that could happen in the off-season are Baron Davis wanting out of the Bay area and where will Marion end up? Expect to hear Mike Miller's name in almost all trade rumors.

erichubert
05-20-2008, 01:43 PM
The Melo trade is gaining steam. Supposedly it is Melo, Camby for Jefferson, Van Horn, 1st round pick, Marcus Williams and fillers. I don't like this trade for Denver, it would mean rebuilding for them, and I think they would not get a good young stud in return for trading their franchise player.

coreytaylor
05-20-2008, 01:57 PM
melo and camby for jefferson, van horn, williams, & a 1st rd pick!? hell no!! are they out of their minds!?

erichubert
05-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Well they are still in the discussion stages, and as of now Denver doesn't seem inclined to deal Melo just yet. The key daw would be the 1st round pick of the Nets this year, if the Nets move up to the top 3, ok na ang Denver. The question is if the Nets move up, would they still want to deal the pick?

coreytaylor
05-20-2008, 02:58 PM
^ i see. i hope they dont trade carmelo coz if they do, their franchise will be on the verge of rebuilding again (iverson is old & i think is now 31 or 32). men, i like denver. its just that they play poorly on defense. hays...kung pwde lang sana si popovich ang coach nila, malamang champion na sila ngayon. ;D

marmand
05-20-2008, 06:45 PM
^ Change the Coach and do some minor adjustments on the roster.

aircanda
05-20-2008, 07:51 PM
pero come to think of it.. mabubuhay ang rivalry nila lebron-melo-wade... ;D

mighty_lion
05-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I think the Nets proposal is too loopsided. Lugi yong Denver.

King_stag
05-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Joe D likes walter herrmann over hayes. i Hope they re-sign walter, he is a better defensive gem and is quite athletic. Hayes is inconsistent, if those minutes were given to walter i think he is the better option at the 3 spot.

cub
05-20-2008, 10:24 PM
i see Mike Miller, Corey Maggette, Jose Calderon and maybe Elton Brand moving to another team. same goes to the players who opt out of their contract before the 07-08 season began and im talking about Iggy, Gordon, Okafor and Deng.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-20-2008, 10:43 PM
So what is Sarver planning with Phoenix?

mighty_lion
05-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Bulls is now in the perfect position to draft Derrick Rose. It would have been a pipeline dream for D'Antoni and Rose in Chicago.

BigBlue
05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Bulls is now in the perfect position to draft Derrick Rose. It would have been a pipeline dream for D'Antoni and Rose in Chicago.

P#@!%$, ang SWERTE ng Bulls! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Auh20KumR5oUcqPE9f9_3y68vLYF?slug=ys-nbalotteryresults052008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

mighty_lion
05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
I think the Bulls have enough assets to acquire #2 pick from Miami as well. Rose and Beasley combo would be a pipeline dream. Bulls fan na ako pagnakataon. ;D

coreytaylor
05-21-2008, 11:28 AM

d'antoni is the head coach of the new york knicks, not the chicago bulls.

coreytaylor
05-21-2008, 11:30 AM
if chicago wants derrick rose, then expect to trade hinrich w/ cedric simmons or shannon brown or demetris nicholes for a CENTER. i want rose to start, while chris duhon will replace him off the bench. if they select beasley, then should trade drew gooden together w/ cedric simmons or shannon brown or demetris nicholes for a CENTER so that they could give room for beasley. i want beasley to start, while tyrus thomas will replace him of the bench. i think chicago really needs a versatile center right now who can help them offensively and defensively and i think right now, noah is not ripe enough to start, same with aaron gray, in the center position.

projected starting line-up if chicago selects rose:

pg - derrick rose
sg - ben gordon
sf - luol deng
pf - drew gooden
c - a new center

projected starting line-up if chicago selects beasley:
pg - kirk hinrich
sg - ben gordon
sf - loul deng
pf - micheal beasley
c - a new center

Semenelin
05-21-2008, 11:46 AM
No love for Noah? ;D

mighty_lion
05-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Picking #1 pick is more difficult than picking at #2. Rose is a Chicago native while Beasley is the multi-dimensional scorer that Bulls covet for years. Chicago may consider trading Hinrich, Deng (S&T) and Noah for #2 pick + fillers

Bulls:
Rose, Gordon, Nocioni, Beasley, Gray

Miami:
Hinrich, Wade, Deng, Marion, Noah

BLUE HORSE
05-21-2008, 12:40 PM
You guys are dreaming. Chicago will draft Rose number 1. He will solve multiple problems for the team. Prognosticators call him a clone of Williams of Utah but more explosive and will give the team the size and explosiveness at the point.

There is no trade value for Hughes and Duhon is on his way out of Chicago. Duhon was in the dog house because of playing time and skipped a team practice to watch Duke play UNC at Durham. The team suspended him and was pulled from the roster for a number of games. Chicago is hoping to get a draft choice for him. Gordon is another restricted free agent who is asking for to much money. In the end, the Bulls may decide on Heinrich over Gordon because Gordon may have more trade value because of his instant offense in a sign and trade for a first round pick. Heinrich can start as the shooting guard with Hughes and Sefolosha rounding out the guards. Nocioni and Thomas will be the back-up forwards and Gray or a big man rookie to be the center.

Miami will not trade the second pick. Miami wanted the first pick to pair Rose and Dwayne Wade but the fall back pick isn't to bad as Beasley can be the low post scorer that the team needs to go with Sean Marion.

coreytaylor
05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
it doesnt really matter if chicago gets rose and beasley will end up in miami or the other way around. i mean come on, we all know that both of these guys can turn both franchises around. but will never know, i may end up eating my words sooner or later.

cub
05-21-2008, 07:20 PM
So what is Sarver planning with Phoenix?

try to get a defensive coach like Terry Porter, Tyrone Corbin, Phil Johnson or Mike Budenholzer. then add a defensive minded wing player like Mike Miller or Quinton Ross.

BLUE HORSE
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Phil Johnson is attached to the hip of Jerry Sloan. If Sloan retires, I expect Phil Johnson to get first consideration for the head coaching job. He has been a long time assistant to Jerry Sloan going back to their days with the Chicago Bulls.

tigerman
05-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Mr. John Paxson, what about a package of RJ, M. Williams, Swift and Jay-Z plus our no. 10 and no. 21 picks in exchange for the no. 1 pick? ;D

- Mr. Rod Thorn

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Phil Johnson is attached to the hip of Jerry Sloan.* If Sloan retires, I expect Phil Johnson to get first consideration for the head coaching job.* He has been a long time assistant to Jerry Sloan going back to their days with the Chicago Bulls.

Phil is already 67 years old I think, I think if Sloan retires, he would follow him and retire as well. Phoenix has a lot of interesting choices for their coach including Elston Turner of Houston. There are a lot of underrated yet brilliant assistant coaches in the league among them Turner, Tom Thibodeau of Boston, Johnson and Corbin of Utah, Brian Shaw and Kurt Rambis of the Lakers. I think the Suns and the Bulls are targetting these people together with Mark Jackson and Terry Porter.