PDA

View Full Version : O J Cua and Sorela Former Green Archers?

izon
05-17-2008, 07:23 PM
O J Cua has decided to quit playing for the Green Archer. New comer Sorela has transferred to San Beda. This is the news I got from a La Salle Forum website.

michaelangelo_kid
05-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Sorela went to San Beda first, then to DLSU; now back to San Beda? Make up your mind, kid. ;D

glock23
05-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Add JM Noble to the list!

mighty_lion
05-18-2008, 09:50 PM
^ What happened? San si Noble papunta?

batangueño
05-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Ha? Anong nangyari? Saan pumunta si Noble? :o

izon
05-19-2008, 08:43 AM

Malamang si Sorela at Noble hindi nakapasa sa DLSUET.

The_Big_Cat
05-19-2008, 11:01 AM

Noble might be doing an Ogie Menor.
After suiting up for DLSU in the pre-season, he might go back to his mother school ???

michaelangelo_kid
05-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Tsk tsk tsk..... kawawa naman si Sorela at Noble. Nasiraan agad. ;D

bchoter
05-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Wala bang 'appeals' process sa DLSU for such cases?

The_Big_Cat
05-19-2008, 02:30 PM
^Every school has an appeals process especially when you are a part of the basketball program.
Unless they have given the slot to somebody else. DLSU has a game against LETRAN on Wed. (Fil-Oil/Flying-V).

sa_pula
05-19-2008, 02:56 PM

kapag lumipat ba sya sa ibang uaap school kelngan nya bang mag 2 year residency? Kung hindi na,lipat na lang sya sa UE. ;D

LION
05-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Since all of us are guessing here, my guess is that Sorela and Noble did not perform well and were accordingly told that they will not probably crack Team A. *Maybe Franz is just making enough room for the projected *influx of younger but taller players.

When Sorela tried out at San Beda 2 months ago, he was already informed that *Team A this year is not feasible and so, he packed his bags and went to Taft and wore the green color in the off-season games.

Anyway, no one knows for sure if Sorela really went back to San Beda considering that the Red Lions, including GM Mike Advani, Frankie Lim and the rest of the coaching staff are still in the US.

Fried Green Tomato
05-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Noble & Sorela are still up for reconsideration. Up to now, there's no decision from the admin as to the status of the 2 players. Noble was still playing with the team last week and he was present during the game against adamson in the nike league. Sorela was sent back home to Cagayan de oro around 3 weeks ago bec. of a death in the family. As to whether he's back in manila again with another team that we don't know but up to now he is still considered as a potential Green Archer.

As for the two's chances of finally making the team, we shall know by next week as the new school year in La Salle begins on May 26.

For aspiring players given the chance to play with the Green Archers in the summer leagues, it only means that they have a good chance of making the team. It is already a good indicator that they are being seriously considered for the team. From the reports, the coaching staff gave Sorela and Noble good marks but with the entrance exam as the only hindrance, the final decision is now with the Admin.

Of the 6 rookies so far that we have shown, we can count on webb, villanueva, revilla & bagatsing most likely to be in La Salle for passing the entrance exam. And if Noble & Sorela get the nod of the admin, they too are going taft.

But don't be surprised if we add another rookie player in the final uaap list.... as he passed the dlsu exam. :D

btw, the thread title is partly wrong. Yes, OJ Cua was a Green Archer but Sorela is only an aspiring Green Archer.

coreytaylor
05-20-2008, 03:35 PM
my goodness! ngayon ko lang nabasa to! so does this mean that jm noble will do an ala-julius wong act? or an ala-ogie menor act?

Fried Green Tomato
05-20-2008, 04:53 PM
^ I guess you better read some more.

izon
05-20-2008, 11:38 PM

JM Noble was in the La Salle bench, when they played against EAC Generals this morning at the FEU gym. However, he was not able to play. La Salle won. So I guess Noble is still an Archer as of now.

izon
05-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Noble & Sorela are still up for reconsideration. Up to now, there's no decision from the admin as to the status of the 2 players. Noble was still playing with the team last week and he was present during the game against adamson in the nike league. Sorela was sent back home to Cagayan de oro around 3 weeks ago bec. of a death in the family. As to whether he's back in manila again with another team that we don't know but up to now he is still considered as a potential Green Archer.

As for the two's chances of finally making the team, we shall know by next week as the new school year in La Salle begins on May 26.

For aspiring players given the chance to play with the Green Archers in the summer leagues, it only means that they have a good chance of making the team. It is already a good indicator that they are being seriously considered for the team. From the reports, the coaching staff gave Sorela and Noble good marks but with the entrance exam as the only hindrance, the final decision is now with the Admin.

Of the 6 rookies so far that we have shown, we can count on webb, villanueva, revilla & bagatsing most likely to be in La Salle for passing the entrance exam. And if Noble & Sorela get the nod of the admin, they too are going taft.

But don't be surprised if we add another rookie player in the final uaap list.... as he passed the dlsu exam. :D

btw, the thread title is partly wrong. Yes, OJ Cua was a Green Archer but Sorela is only an aspiring Green Archer.

That another rookie could be Banal.* He has enrolled in a computer science course. As mentioned by jancarlo in the AP thread (if my memory serves me right) he was with Banal when they took the physical exam. Btw, Malabes, Atkins, Mangahas, Barua (am not sure), ( surprise!) Ilad (he intends to graduate, this is the reason why he didn't join the PBL) and I think Casio have appeared in the Dean's List.* Marko played against the EAC Generals contributing 1 point.

izon
05-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Sorela went to San Beda first, then to DLSU; now back to San Beda? Make up your mind, kid.* ;D

Sorela initially tried out with San Beda but was told that the roster of Red Lions are already full. He then is trying his luck with the Green Archers. Sorela used to play for a team in Gen. Santos.

Scout
05-21-2008, 06:41 AM

That another rookie could be Banal. He has enrolled in a computer science course. As mentioned by jancarlo in the AP thread (if my memory serves me right) he was with Banal when they took the physical exam. Btw, Malabes, Atkins, Mangahas, Barua (am not sure), ( surprise!) Ilad (he intends to graduate, this is the reason why he didn't join the PBL) and I think Casio have appeared in the Dean's List. Marko played against the EAC Generals contributing 1 point.

Banal is still serving the RP Youth, he will not be able to suit up for S71.

arrow_head
05-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Sayang si Oliver. I remember this kid growing up in Claret, where his brother, who donned the varsity colors of the school, was a batchmate of mine. He,along with JC Intal and Japs Cuan were supposed to be the foundation of a Claret HS varsity that was set to dominate the PAYA and other HS leagues. But for one thing or another, the trio was scattered to the four winds (ok, two) with OJ and JC going to Letran and Japs to UST for their HS studies. But i'm still proud of him, as he played a key part in handling DLSU the Season 71 crown. Thanks Oliver, and good luck in your future endeavors.

Fried Green Tomato
05-21-2008, 12:55 PM
That another rookie could be Banal.* He has enrolled in a computer science course. As mentioned by jancarlo in the AP thread (if my memory serves me right) he was with Banal when they took the physical exam.

NOPE.

bchoter
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Paredes?

Fried Green Tomato
05-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Paredes?

Sorry but NOPE also.

bchoter
05-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Si Rit

Fried Green Tomato
05-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Manong Bchoter:

Rit who? But whoever is that guy, i think, nope again.

I'm just wondering kung may tinutumbok ka? Hahahaha! Di naman ito guessing game. ;D

bchoter
05-21-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm just giving up. Sirit na :D

LION
05-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Si rit nga. ;D

Fried Green Tomato
05-22-2008, 03:41 AM
^^
ah ok.

No clearance yet to reveal him now but Im sure basketball pundits are too familiar with him as he goes with initials of...
M J

GHRanger
05-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Holy Cow!!!
Michael Jordan? Jr?
:)

Next week na pasukan, malalaman na natin yan.

izon
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM
^^
ah ok.

No clearance yet to reveal him now but Im sure basketball pundits are too familiar with him as he goes with initials of...
M J

Nakakabitin naman ito.

The_Big_Cat
05-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Sana hindi si Michael Jackson. ;D
Suspense talaga.

shyboy
05-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Si MJ, yung kapatid ni Lebron James. Si Mangahas James.

Baka si Manguera Jed?

The_Big_Cat
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Mendoza, Jovet ?

or

Marata, Joseph ?

CM_Punk
05-22-2008, 04:52 PM
^ It can't be Joseph Marata, as he is only an incoming HS senior at UPIS this June. FGT said he passed the dlsu exam, so it's someone who can play in the UAAP right away this season.

bchoter
05-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Ohmygod back to school ang hulog ng langit!

flsfnoeraekadad
05-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Sana hindi si Michael Jackson. ;D
Suspense talaga.

THRIIIIIIIIIIIIIILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER! :D :D :D :D

bchoter
05-23-2008, 09:35 AM
^ Wag papasuking sa Greenhills yan!

mighty_lion
05-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Sino ba talaga yan? Sirit na. Hehe. ;D

Semenelin
05-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Mark Jimenez? :o

bchoter
05-23-2008, 10:30 AM
^ Hulog ng Langit!!! :D

GHRanger
05-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Manong - kilala mo na ata. :)

How about:

Meric Jortuna
Myan Juenafe
Mico Jalva
Mince Jurke

The_Big_Cat
05-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Perhaps, a comebacking

Mon Jose ? ;D

mighty_lion
05-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Mala-Meozep Jeo or Macmac Jardona ba yan?

bchoter
05-23-2008, 12:50 PM
NAgpapahinog pa daw sa UPIS tournament... si Mateen Jleaves

JONAS HAO
05-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Martin is not that good...

jembengzon
05-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Martin is not that good...

kayo naman...si Mico Jalili yan :D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Baka si

Mike Jaldos

shyboy
05-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Umm, back to topic na. Sayang isang page. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Mark Jovet Mendoza of the NU Bullpups.

sa_pula
05-24-2008, 03:17 PM

kapag lumipat ba sya sa ibang uaap school kelngan nya bang mag 2 year residency? Kung hindi na,lipat na lang sya sa UE. ;D

nabasa siguro ni noble post ko ;D welcome na welcome sya sa ue. may power forward na kami.

blueatheart
05-24-2008, 04:12 PM
sa UE na siya?

shyboy
05-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Most likely an assist pass from Franz to Dindo. ;D From what was hinted in archerpride.com, "Noble is elsewhere."

Fried Green Tomato
05-24-2008, 06:47 PM
GO WEST!... gone east pala.

from 6 to 5 to 4 to 5(mj) again.

1 more slot maybe available to a still unknown rookie.

jeffjan
05-24-2008, 08:07 PM

RP youth member, reserve ba siya sa RP-Y?

The_Big_Cat
05-25-2008, 08:57 AM

Yes. Mythical five selection (center) in 2007 UAAP Juniors division.
Joshua Webb was also a part of that mythical five.

jeffjan
05-25-2008, 09:43 AM

Yes. Mythical five selection (center) in 2007 UAAP Juniors division.
Joshua Webb was also a part of that mythical five.

naalala ko na, ni-cheer siya nung awarding before mag-Game 2 (DLSU vs. UE) ;D

Fried Green Tomato
05-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Mark Jovet Mendoza from NU hs is our 5th rookie.

He was at the bench yesterday during the DLSU-Mapua game wearing the #16 jersey.

He was at OSD/DLSU last week together with his dad for enrolment.

izon
05-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Mark Jovet Mendoza from NU hs is our 5th rookie.

He was at the bench yesterday during the DLSU-Mapua game wearing the #16 jersey.

He was at OSD/DLSU last week together with his dad for enrolment.

How tall is he? What position will he be?

jeffjan
05-25-2008, 09:17 PM
6'4 si MJ ayon sa kanyang profile. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-26-2008, 08:07 AM
6'4 si MJ ayon sa kanyang profile. ;D

Si Mark Jovet Mendoza ay parang si Jake Pascual, 2006 NCAA Juniors MVP & now plays for the Red Lions. Mark has the same frame as Jake when playing in HS then.