PDA

View Full Version : Asian College of Technology Cyberknights Cyber-Round Table

thadzonline
05-15-2008, 09:25 AM
ACT should be among the top 5 teams in the Cebu collegiate scene at the moment, this thread is dedicated to the boys in Yellow

AnthonyServinio
05-15-2008, 07:49 PM
* * *THE*SUCCESS story of the ACT*Cyber Knights is one for the books.* For over a year in 2006, Coach Lawrence Merced and team consultant Willy Generalao scoured the Vis-Min area for talent.* They also got players from the Team B's of the other Cebu City schools.* Now that is really starting from scratch!

* * *Believe it or not, this team practices in open-air cement courts.* Now that is hardcore!

thadzonline
05-16-2008, 08:52 AM
well, it shows in the way they play..a high octane team that never seem to run out of gas!

thadzonline
05-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Despite a lean 10-man lineup and minus their primary big man option(Elmer Aparice), ACT managed to score a 92-88 upset of reigning NSBC champs and VAAA runner-ups SWU Cobras thanks to the fastbreak finishes of Dondon Nuñez , the clutch conversions of Joel Vistal and the free throws of Cadiz at endgame..SWU played minus Rich Gianchand(graduated) and Elvid Polegrates(injury)

ankle breaker
05-21-2008, 03:03 AM
thadz, do you have at least a ragtag lineup of ACT?

thadzonline
05-21-2008, 12:36 PM
i can name the prominent ones with their estimated height:

6-2 Elmer Aparice(F/C)
6-3 Carl Valencia(C)
6-3 Michael Cadiz(C)
6-0 Joel Vistal(F/G)
6-1 Dondon Nuñez(F/G)
5-9 Roland Doy(G)
6-0 Cyril Pontemayor(F)
5-8 Prospeto "Jun" Batiancila(G)
5-10 Franco Suico(G)
Abillero

ankle breaker
05-21-2008, 09:32 PM
they really look formidable. i think they just blasted SWU in the ML cup.

thadzonline
05-22-2008, 09:41 AM
I was able to talk to CeSAFI secretariat pointman Bernard Ricablance yesterday and he told me there is a 10-year moratorium on new CeSAFI members that will expire on 2010, so ACT will still not be able to join the CeSAFI 8th season

ankle breaker
05-23-2008, 03:40 AM
ten year moratoriom? oh my, they should not have such rule. they should expect new teams joining the league. and besides, why they accepted SWU right away? i think SWU was not in the original cast when the league was formed in 2000 after CAAA disbanded. is that also going to be imposed to CDU who is rumored to be forming a team for CESAFI. CDU is one of the members of CAAA while ACT is not.

thadzonline
05-23-2008, 08:32 AM
SWU and CDU are founding members and have competed in the other sports even when they did not have a men's basketball team

ankle breaker
05-23-2008, 11:37 PM
oh ic. so it was only basketball that was disbanded then not the other sports. since ACT is a new school and it was not also part of the CAAA before then they have to abide with the moratorium. what if they will replace the slot of the disbanded members of CAAA, like BIT or CTS, isn't it possible? though BIT & CTS did not join CESAFI.

thadzonline
05-24-2008, 11:03 AM
The CeSAFI is independdent of the CAAA, so no I dont think so(although it did replace the CAAA)

ankle breaker
05-28-2008, 12:05 AM
did CESAFI issued some memorandum about how they are accepting schools to join them? perhaps after the moratorium end?

thadzonline
05-28-2008, 03:48 PM
there are pending applications...maybe they have acted upon ACT already but the best they can be is a guest team next season..Ive heard SIT still has a pending case and their application has not been acted upon yet

ankle breaker
05-28-2008, 09:51 PM
you mean to say, SIT is not part of the CESAFI yet?

thadzonline
05-29-2008, 08:21 AM
nope last time ive checked

AnthonyServinio
05-29-2008, 04:08 PM
you mean to say, SIT is not part of the CESAFI yet?

* * *THAT'S the very reason why CAAA was dissolved and CeSAFI was created in 2001.* Salazar Tech was found to have violated CAAA rules and was promptly sanctioned accordingly.* Salazar Tech then went to the courts of law sued the CAAA in order to let them play.* Hence, CAAA decided to dissolve itself in order to avoid the law suit.* The CeSAFI, a totally new corporate entity was established.* CeSAFI turned out to be all the CAAA member schools except Salazar Tech!

ankle breaker
05-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks Mr. Servinio. Is there a plan by the CESAFI board to accept SIT in their fold? Owing to the fact that they have violated the rules in the now defunct CAAA?

thadzonline
08-15-2008, 09:40 AM
ACT head coach Tata Merced is usually seen in the CeSAFI games this season..early scouting coach?

benah_g
09-06-2008, 03:48 PM
anong bago sa cyberknights??

balita naman jan.. lalo na kay ponte!

dats wat my friends call bibo eh.. PONTE!! ;D

thadzonline
09-06-2008, 05:48 PM
they are idle, hindi kasi sila kasali sa CeSAFI

amdgc82
05-15-2009, 02:56 PM
ACT bags first hoop crown
Cebu Daily News
First Posted 10:01:00 05/15/2009

AFTER YEARS of hard work, the Asian College of Technology Cyber Knights finally saw their efforts come into fruition.

The Cyber Knights captured their first ever championship after they defeated the Asian College of Science and Technology-Dumaguete Lightnings, 102-71, to take the basketball title in the 2009 Visayas Amateur Athletic Association (VAAA) at the Minglanilla Sports Complex.

The wards of head coach Tata Merced blitzed the hapless Lightnings into submission early on with a relentless full court press that forced the latter into turnovers, which were promptly converted into points.

With bullstrong forward Elmer Aparice terrorizing the shaded lane and Dondon Nunez and Prospito Batiancila manning the wings with their pinpoint shooting and athletic forays to the basket, ACT continued to shine and even posted a 74-51 lead after the third canto before cruising to the easy championship victory.

Aparice feasted on the undersized frontline of ACSAT on his way to 24 points while Nunez tallied 19 markers. Batiancila and Pontemayor contributed 17 and 13 points, respectively.

According to Merced, the title was a fitting tribute to the support that was shown to them by the ACT administration led by president, Rodrigo Abellanosa, who also happens to be a Cebu City councilor.

Merced, though, said that they are not content and they are hopeful that they will be admitted entry into the Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc. (Cesafi).“Our goal is to join the Cesafi since mao man jud ang premier na liga sa college here in Cebu. I'm hoping na ma-grasyahan mi ana,” Merced added.

ACT went through the entire tournament with a perfect record as they compiled a 6-0 (win-loss) mark in the elimination round. /Correspondent Jonas Panerio

thadzonline
05-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I sure hope they are admitted in place of Don Bosco and not wait until 2011 when the CeSAFI moratorium on new memberships will have expired

ichatfilipina
05-28-2009, 09:18 PM
SIT is also part in the cesafi league pero baguhan palang. kc the last last year wla akong narinig na SIT sumali sa cesafi. nabantayan ko lang ung mga popular sa news sa freeman ung mga list of skol partisipante.

thadzonline
05-29-2009, 01:52 PM
SCSIT is not yet part of CeSAFI. That news you saw is probably about the VAAA, atmn, only 8 teams field basketball teams in the CeSAFI and these are UV, USC, USJ-R, UC, SWU, DBTC, USPF and CIT

amamangloy
06-06-2010, 01:27 AM
SCSIT is not yet part of CeSAFI. That news you saw is probably about the VAAA, atmn, only 8 teams field basketball teams in the CeSAFI and these are UV, USC, USJ-R, UC, SWU, DBTC, USPF and CIT

thadz do you have info on the foreigner/s of ACT?

thadzonline
07-17-2010, 12:09 AM
ACT has disbanded, most of their key players transferred to USJ-R. There was a foreigner in the squad who tried to apply/enrol in CeSAFI schools but denied, his visa being a missionary visa. He is now with the ACES

MykelV
07-19-2010, 07:55 AM
really sir thadz, y did they disband the team? so you mean to say wla nang ACT Team? or only the key players?

thadzonline
07-19-2010, 10:25 AM
yes coach Mykel. The whole ACT team disbanded citing financial reasons. So there really is a surplus of players from the squad

kuzma1313
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM
wala bang mapupunta sa cobras?

MykelV
07-19-2010, 03:31 PM
sayang naman.... i really thought the way they were going... kaya talaga nilang talunin ang top CESAFI squads... i guess their loss to the WLC in the VAAA championship also had an impact on it.

thadzonline
07-19-2010, 08:11 PM
sayang talaga coach mike. They had a good system, maganda yung recruitment nila, and yes they can compete against top CeSAFI squads, in fact beating Greg Slaughter and UV in an exhibition game in Lapulapu City once. The elections must have taken a toll on the financial standing of the school's owners