PDA

View Full Version : Talk N Text coaching staff?

JustAWatcher
05-07-2008, 11:14 PM
current coaching staff? who are they? wanted to know more info, any replies would be helpful

jeffjan
05-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Head coach: Chot Reyes
Assistants: Geraldo Ramos, Tonichi Yturri, Agustin Tiongco, Bong Ravena

The_Big_Cat
05-08-2008, 12:57 PM
current coaching staff? who are they? wanted to know more info, any replies would be helpful

Are you from overseas?

joelex
05-08-2008, 01:18 PM

head is chot reyes
assistants: bong ravena, aboy castro, virgil villavicencio, nash racela

JustAWatcher
05-11-2008, 01:05 PM
does anyone have the contact info. for coach bong ravena?

i am from the u.s. i met coach bong when he was here for a summer league with talk n text.* i am trying to get my player exposed more. thank you and any help is appreciated

AnthonyServinio
05-11-2008, 04:18 PM

head is chot reyes
assistants: bong ravena, aboy castro, virgil villavicencio, nash racela

Virgil Villavicencio is the assistant team manager and as of this posting the acting team manager since team manager Frankie Lim is in the United States with the San Beda Red Lions varsity.

05-11-2008, 04:59 PM

Ever since Chot came on board, naturally he brought his own assistants with him.

AnthonyServinio
05-11-2008, 07:53 PM
HAPPY 38th BIRTHDAY
BONG RAVENA
(May 11)

JustAWatcher
05-12-2008, 10:47 AM
so does anyone have contact info?

The_Big_Cat
05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
38 na pala si Ferdinand Ravena.
Kasing edad pala niya ang Boston veterans Sam Cassell and PJ Brown. ;D

Kid Cubao
05-12-2008, 11:03 AM
here is my unsolicited advice:

1. bring karl over to the philippines. if he wants to play professionally here in the philippines, you might profit from the fact that the PBA does not allow direct hires anymore for fil-foreigners. if he wants to create a name here, bring him over to the philippines, preferably in august, because that is the time when PBL teams conduct their open tryouts. make him attend all the open tryouts, so that his chances of cracking a roster spot are bright.

2. the PBL is the developmental league of the PBA, or the philippine basketball association. if karl plays at least 25 PBL-sanctioned games, then he becomes eligible for the PBA draft. but most importantly, he must play well so that he can open the eyes of pro scouts.

Jeep
05-12-2008, 01:56 PM
TnT's fortunes of late have been quite good. so, it appears MVP's overhaul of the coaching staff is paying handsome dividends. last night's huge rout of the gin kings is just the latest in a string of successes for TnT. even when the gin kings mounted one small uprising after another in the 3rd and 4th, TnT would have an answer to every one of them.

for those in the know or for those who have had the benefit of years of observation (of hoops in general and the PBA in particular), what would you attribute the team's current success to? did coach chot merely tweak some x's and o's? or was there a more fundamental change that he and his crew brought in, beyond those x's and o's?

The_Big_Cat
05-12-2008, 02:06 PM
TNT is currently playing well.

I think its because of their coach Chot Reyes. He has rejuvenated this team after that "ridiculous" Taulava trade.
You can also attribute to the familiarity of some of the current TNT players who have played under Chot in the national team. Alapag & Ritualo (2007 national team), Ali Peek & Yancy De Ocampo (2006 Jones Cup team), Don Allado & Jay Washington (selection pool prior to the 2007 national team).

joelex
05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
i am a big fan of talk and text since the arrival of chot reyes. their intensity game in and game out are unmatched in the PBA right now and the players know their roles. cardona is shining in chot's system while we have seen the rejuvenation of sorts of Allado's career. I also prefer a team who likes press and run, and tnt so far has scored a hundred in all their victories.

shyboy
05-13-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't think we can pinpoint to Chot Reyes in particular as the factor behind the recent success of TNT. Remember, Derek Pumaren led TNT to the PBA Finals last year sans Asi Taulava, Jimmy Alapag and Renren Ritualo. It's too early to tell if Chot can bring TNT deep into the conference and win it all. Ang tingin ko dyan, the team simply needed a change in atmosphere. If it were another good coach, TNT would've still performed well given the talent at its disposal. From previous years, any change in the coaching staff usually rejuvenates the team making the change specially if you have a bunch of stars na medyo natatamad na sa paulit-ulit na systema for several years.

Kid Cubao
05-13-2008, 07:55 AM
OK naman si manong derek, but in hindsight, the decision to trade away asi taulava (a move that coach pumaren reportedly pushed for because they were growing increasingly hostile to each other) sealed his fate at talk n text. the nail in the coffin was when they got beaten by coca cola in the quarterfinals, which starred who else but asi. hanggang ngayon, talk n text has not given up on its bid to re-acquire taulava, but coke has so far resisted all efforts. parang microsoft at yahoo ;D