PDA

View Full Version : Season 84 Juniors Division - General Discussion Thread

mighty_lion
04-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Mapua is in and PCU is still out.

San Sebastian Staglets - Bringas is the name and low post is his game. The best low post finisher in the NCAA last year is back for another campaign this season.* Bringas is due to prove his worth on leading this team for another NCAA title. Four-peat? Its not that hard to imagine.

Letran Squires - Kevin Alas is no longer a secret. The projected top pick of NCAA graduating class of 2008-2009 (Sorry na lang tayong lahat naka-lock na to sa Letran for obvious reasons* :'(* ;D ) is expected to put-up Kobe-like scoring numbers.

San Beda Red Cubs - Can Art Dela Cruz and John Ayala lead this young team back to the Finals? Will Season 84 be thier breakout season? The incoming young cubs better perform like veterans to surpass the Staglets and the Squires.

LSGH - The Reyeses are back for another stint. Too much Reyeses and a new coach to lead this team. ;D

JRU Light Bombers - Rebuild mode? No idea.

UPHR - No idea.* :D

Mapua Red Robins - Rebuild mode.

King_stag
04-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Mapua is in and PCU is still out.

San Sebastian Staglets - Bringas is the name and low post is his game. The best low post finisher in the NCAA last year is back for another campaign this season.* Bringas is due to prove his worth on leading this team for another NCAA title. Four-peat? Its not that hard to imagine.

Letran Squires - Kevin Alas is no longer a secret. The projected top pick of NCAA graduating class of 2008-2009 (Sorry na lang tayong lahat naka-lock na to sa Letran for obvious reasons* :'(* ;D ) is expected to put-up Kobe-like scoring numbers.

San Beda Red Cubs - Can Art Dela Cruz and John Ayala lead this young team back to the Finals? Will Season 84 be thier breakout season? The incoming young cubs better perform like veterans to surpass the Staglets and the Squires.

LSGH - The Reyeses are back for another stint. Too much Reyeses and a new coach to lead this team. ;D

JRU Light Bombers - Rebuild mode? No idea.

UPHR - No idea.* :D

Mapua Red Robins - Rebuild mode.

baste also has gusi manning the point, a spitfire who is a proven scorer. the Staglets will flex it's muscle in the paint with bringas in front. Baste has a lot of bigs. mamaril, ramsey, andrada are all above 6'4".

mighty_lion
05-02-2008, 08:09 AM
I saw the Staglets team yesterday and it looks like Bringas added 10-20 lbs of muscle in his frame. Katabi ko sya sa upuan before the Staglets game at ang bigat tingnan. His ball handling improved a lot.

King_stag
05-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Taking pointers from his older brother anthony? hehe ;D Arvie is lean but anthony is bull strong..

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Taking pointers from his older brother anthony? hehe ;D Arvie is lean but anthony is bull strong..

Arvie is more of a finesse player. I hope San Sebastian will keep him.

marmand
05-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Hope not. ;)

mighty_lion
05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
I think Arvie is more of a bruiser than finesse player. Arvie to me is more like Carlos Boozer. Anthony on the otherhand plays like Rasheed Wallace.

King_stag
05-02-2008, 08:05 PM
The other half of the "bataan boys" in the stags arsenal, hopefully the other one will stay gold and red. Anthony loves contacts, he throws his body in the paint regardless of the height or width of the opposing player he also has a nice shooting touch.

Dkembe
05-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Perpetual Altas( jrs.) -- Joseph Eriobu will play this season ......I'm not sure yet if his fellow olanggapo natives will play this season. 8) 8)

mighty_lion
05-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Notable performers in NSL (statlines are average per game):

JRU
Kieth Agovida 20.1 points/ 8.4 rebounds/ 4.6 assists/ 2.4 steals /3.4 blocks in 24 minutes/5 games
Louie Vigil* * * 15.2 points/ 6.8 rebounds/ 2.0 assists/ 3.4 steals /0.2 blocks in 21 minutes/5 games
Kim Villena* * *12.6 points/ 0.8 rebounds/ 2.8 assists/ 1.2 steals/ 0 blocks in 19 minutes/5 games
Joshua Saret* 11.6 points/ 1.6 rebounds/ 3.6 assists/ 2.4 steasl / 0 blocks* *in 23.6 minutes/5 games

SBC
Garrick Ayala* * 22.3 points/ 11.3 rebounds/ 2.5 assists/ 2.5 steals/ 1.8 blocks in 28 minutes/4games
Dave Moralde* *13.3 points/ 4 rebounds/* 4.5 assists / 3.3 steals/ 0.3 blocks in 23 minutes/4games

Art Dela Cruz is injured I think. Surprisingly, Ayala is putting up Nico Salva numbers out of nowhere.

Letran
Glen Khobuntin 19.8points/ 8.25 rebounds/ 2.5 assists/ 2.3 steals/ 1.5 blocks in 23 minutes/4 games
Kevin Alas* * * * *16points/ 2.75 rebounds/ 3 assists/ 2.5 steals/ 0.3 blocks in 24.3 minutes/4 games
Jake Tampos* * 14.5points/ 3.75 rebounds/ 2.5 assists/ 2.3 steals/ 0 blocks in 23 minutes/4 games

San Sebastian
Almond Vosotros 17.3 points/4 rebounds/ 2.3 assists/ 2 steals/ 0 blocks in 20.7 minutes 3 games
Arvie Bringas* * * 12 points/4.5 rebounds/ 0.5 assists/ 0.5 steals/ 0.5 blocks in 15 minutes 2 games

This is not yet the full-battle mode Arvie Bringas based on playing minutes & statline.

LS Greenhills
Martin Reyes** *11.8 points/ 5.2 rebounds/ 1.8 assists/ 0.8 steals/ 1 blocks in 21 minutes 5 games
Mikee Reyes* * *11.2 points/ 1.6 rebounds/ 4.2 assists/ 3.8 steals/ 0 blocks in 17 minutes 5 games

* Kapangalan lang nya yong player ng UP Maroons.

bchoter
05-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Ooops. Wrong thread

The_Big_Cat
05-15-2008, 04:00 PM

JRU
Kieth Agovida 20.1 points/ 8.4 rebounds/ 4.6 assists/ 2.4 steals /3.4 blocks in 24 minutes/5 games

Complete package itong si Agovida. Besides the points and rebounds, impressive yung assist, steals & block stat niya.

Get_Blazed
05-17-2008, 09:41 PM

Arvie is more of a finesse player. I hope San Sebastian will keep him.

Me too. Or amin nalang. hehehe. I'd rather for him to stay in Baste than go elsewhere(especially not to the UAAP). Pero I'd be happy too, if out of nowhere he decides to go to Benilde instead. :D

Get_Blazed
05-17-2008, 09:44 PM
LS Greenhills
Martin Reyes* 11.8 points/ 5.2 rebounds/ 1.8 assists/ 0.8 steals/ 1 blocks in 21 minutes 5 games
Mikee Reyes 11.2 points/ 1.6 rebounds/ 4.2 assists/ 3.8 steals/ 0 blocks in 17 minutes 5 games

How I wish for LSGH players to just move up to play for Benilde rather than go to the UAAP.. Pag Zobel players, kanila, pati ba naman jrs. ng Benilde kanila padin?:-[

christian
05-18-2008, 11:07 AM
You and your alumni should better do something.

Get_Blazed
05-18-2008, 11:33 AM
You and your alumni should better do something.

The alumni is young and as they say, is not yet ripe for the picking. We are a young institution, with that said, you should understand why DLSU always wins over us in the recruitments. :-\

christian
05-18-2008, 07:07 PM
You could have started when you won the championship. Anyway, only the De La Salle community can solve your dillema. Good luck.

Get_Blazed
05-19-2008, 04:56 PM
You could have started when you won the championship. Anyway, only the De La Salle community can solve your dillema. Good luck.

Its alright. Benilde is in a rebuilding stage, we'll take it one step at a time. ;)

GHRanger
05-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Get_Blazed:

Remember that CSB came from a coaching slump -- yes -- I believe it was a coaching slump and internal player problems. I think CSB was the epitome of being an underachiever for the past few years. IT HAD and HAS talent --no question.

This year CSB is rebuilding -- rather -- reorienting and changing it's paradigm and attitude. The materials are there and having Gee as the coach was probably the best move CSB has made in a long time. Once CSB gets back it's winning ways, you'll see an influx of players trying out. A winning system and the opportunity to play is the best advertisement for a team.

Don't think of it as DLSU getting first dibs -- bottomline is the parents and kid will still decide where to play. If you can sell the team in terms of playing time, development, etc. then that's good. I too would like to see our young brothers from Zobel and Greenhills take DLSU and CSB as the top two options to play college ball. Sayang lang this year kasi Gee came in a bit late, pero next year expect Gee to do the rounds in scouting and recruiting early on.

As you said, take it one step at a time lang pre. Peace.

Get_Blazed
05-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Get_Blazed:

Remember that CSB came from a coaching slump -- yes -- I believe it was a coaching slump and internal player problems. I think CSB was the epitome of being an underachiever for the past few years. IT HAD and HAS talent --no question.

This year CSB is rebuilding -- rather -- reorienting and changing it's paradigm and attitude. The materials are there and having Gee as the coach was probably the best move CSB has made in a long time. Once CSB gets back it's winning ways, you'll see an influx of players trying out. A winning system and the opportunity to play is the best advertisement for a team.

Don't think of it as DLSU getting first dibs -- bottomline is the parents and kid will still decide where to play. If you can sell the team in terms of playing time, development, etc. then that's good. I too would like to see our young brothers from Zobel and Greenhills take DLSU and CSB as the top two options to play college ball. Sayang lang this year kasi Gee came in a bit late, pero next year expect Gee to do the rounds in scouting and recruiting early on.

As you said, take it one step at a time lang pre. Peace.

Natumbok mo. I just hope wala nalang maging discrimination na mga latak nalang ang nahuhulog sa amin(which in reality might be partly correct). I just hope madevelop ang system especially sa LSGH considering the supposed close ties between them and Benilde.

GHRanger
05-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Natumbok mo. I just hope wala nalang maging discrimination na mga latak nalang ang nahuhulog sa amin(which in reality might be partly correct). I just hope madevelop ang system especially sa LSGH considering the supposed close ties between them and Benilde.

:) No comment Get_Blazed --

Like CSB, LSGH was not spared of its share of coaching problems. In this case, the exodus and prodigal children. Sayang that time, there were a lot of good players in the team. Fran, Salva, Revilla to name a few. And like CSB, the school solved its problem by taking another Lasallian for a Coach -- Hubert Delos Santos, LSGH'93 (who happens to play excellent Football as well.)

From the looks of the summer league, the team is on its way to being a contender.

Get_Blazed
05-29-2008, 03:32 PM

:) No comment Get_Blazed --

Like CSB, LSGH was not spared of its share of coaching problems.* In this case, the exodus and prodigal children.* Sayang that time, there were a lot of good players in the team.* Fran, Salva, Revilla to name a few.* And like CSB, the school solved its problem by taking another Lasallian for a Coach -- Hubert Delos Santos, LSGH'93 (who happens to play excellent Football as well.)

From the looks of the summer league, the team is on its way to being a contender.

Hope we could say the same for Benilde. Very well, good luck sir! May LSGH make it big here and in the 84th NCAA! Good lcuk to both schools. ANIMO BENILDE! :)

-insane-
06-25-2008, 03:23 PM

JRU

Complete package itong si Agovida. Besides the points and rebounds, impressive yung assist, steals & block stat niya.

e2 poh ba ung rookie last year na nkasama sa mythical 5

King_stag
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM

JRU

yep, He's the ROY plus defensive player of the year :o
e2 poh ba ung rookie last year na nkasama sa mythical 5

Howard the Duck
06-30-2008, 04:43 PM
any results today? ;D

oca
06-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Light Bombers defeated Squires, 107-105 !!!

The kids from Kalentong posted a 98-90 lead with good perimeter shooting with less than 3 minutes in the game. But protected the lead too early and the Squires rallied behind the steady play of Sumang and took the lead at 105-104. Score was tied at 105 and JRU in possesion but missed the go ahead basket with 5 seconds in the game clock. The Squires controlled the rebound but a steal at the backcourt resulted in an uncontested shot for the final count.

I must say, the Light Bombers are the most fun to watch with their good perimeter shooting. Wait for the box scores tomorrow to know who made major contribution in this victory.

As for the Squires, it is worth noting that inspite of a bad game from Kevin Alas, they are still a tough team to beat. For this loss, I'll put the blame on Coach Latonio, he kept Alas on the game though it was apparent his shooting was off. The kid is never known as a good defender and true enough his man always got good looks at the basket.

Pag malas ang player, malas. Palitan. Okay lang kung hindi pinupuntusan ng binabantayan niya, pero hindi eh.

Howard the Duck
06-30-2008, 07:29 PM
how about the other games?

yung squires naman kasi walang sistema... bahala na sina alas at noble (at least on the game that i saw last year)

oca
06-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Red Cubs over Red Robins. Tambakan, can't count the margin with my 10 fingers even if I count by 5s.

Staglets over Perp. Nakatulugan ko. Pero sabi ng katabi ko, Staglets ang nanalo! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If the Light Bombers will show consistency in their perimeter game, 5 team race ito sa F4. SSC-R, CSJL, SBC, JRU at LSGH. Kahit Red Cub fan ako, I will say this is one season na pwedeng hindi pumasok sa F4 ang mga bata ni Ato. Lintek, kahit kanina na walang pressure ang laro, ayaw pumasok ang mga tira sa labas. Paano ba yan!

Howard the Duck
06-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the updates!

On second thought, the other two games would've been easy pickings. SBC over MSHS and Perps is always walloped so... ;D

Get_Blazed
06-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Kelan may game ang GH? And sino kalaban?? :)

oca
06-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Kelan may game ang GH? And sino kalaban?? :)

There's a thread on the skeds. May laban ang LSGH this coming Wed vs Perp, and on Fri vs Squires. What time? Go to the thread. :P

Maganda match-ups sa Friday, July 4. Aside sa Squires/ Greenies, merong Light Bombers/ Staglets. It would be interesting if this confidence boosting win by the Light Bombers can make it two in a row for them.

Get_Blazed
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM
There's a thread on the skeds. May laban ang LSGH this coming Wed vs Perp, and on Fri vs Squires. What time? Go to the thread. :P

Maganda match-ups sa Friday, July 4. Aside sa Squires/ Greenies, merong Light Bombers/ Staglets. It would be interesting if this confidence boosting win by the Light Bombers can make it two in a row for them.

Oh right. There it is. Thanks!

christian
06-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Sir Oca, si Boy De Vera ang coach ng Light Bombers diba?

Kumusta laro ng Red Cubs sir? Kung may duda ka, naku po!

Parang magandang match up yung Agovida at Khobuntin ;D

oca
07-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Sir Oca, si Boy De Vera ang coach ng Light Bombers diba?

Kumusta laro ng Red Cubs sir? Kung may duda ka, naku po!

Parang magandang match up yung Agovida at Khobuntin* ;D

--Si Boy pa rin.

--Wala talagang perimeter shooting ang Red Cubs. Sakit sa mata panoorin yung outside shooting nila. They can't win on defense alone. Alisin mo ang MIT at Perp, all can defend. All are quick and athletic. Kaya kung parehong maglalagay ng bakod ang magkabilang koponan, the game will be decided on outside shooting.

This summer, the Red Cubs suffered defeats vs CSJL, SSC-R and LSGH. That made me seed them 4th. Pero kung nariyan ang Light Bombers na lalaban din, it is possible na hindi pumasok ang SBC sa F4! Ewan ko kung na-i-imagine yan ng mga Bedista.

--Khobuntin was a non factor. But Agovida was. This is a win the Light Bombers can build upon. They held on and didn't choke. That's the most important thing they can take from this game. Kahit ako, akala ko bumaligtad na ang laro when the Squires rallied from a 98-90 deficit and took a 1-pt lead less than 2 minutes remaining. Boy called time, got the boys back to their senses and recovered. Yun ang pinakamahalang bagay para sa kanila- di sila bumitaw.

Imo, their next game vs the Staglets will define the course of their campaign. They don't necessairly have to win, but if they will be there competing for 40 minutes, that should be a warning to all other teams that the kids of Boy are for real.

Lintek, baka sa next game tambakan itong Light Bombers ng Staglets, ah! ;D ;D ;D

amdgc82
07-01-2008, 12:01 PM
July 01, 2008 07:02 PM Tuesday
Staglets nagparamdam
www.journal.com.ph

Mga laro bukas:
(Astrodome)
10 n.u. – CSB vs UPHSD (jrs)
12 n.t. – SSC-R vs MIT (jrs)
2 n.h. – CSB vs UPHSD (srs)
4 n.h. – SSC-R vs MIT (srs)

UMARANGKADA na ang kampanya ng San Sebastian Staglets para sa ikaapat na sunod na korona sa NCAA juniors basketball.
Matikas na sinimulan ng Staglets ang pagdepensa sa titulo makaraang ilampaso ang Perpetual Altalettes, 88-61, sa umpisa ng aksiyon sa Cuneta Astrodome kahapon.
Kumarera ang San Sebastian sa 20-6 kalamangan at pinalobo pa ito sa 77-41, may pitong minuto ang nalalabi sa laro.
Bumandera si rookie guard Almond Vosotros na may 17 points, habang nagdagdag si big man Arvie Bringas, na naglalaro sa huling season para sa Staglets, ng 15 points, 10 rebounds, apat na assists at dalawang blocks.
“Medyo gigil ang mga players, pero maganda na rin kasi kita sa mga players na excited sila to defend our title,” wika ni San Sebastian mentor Raymond Valenzona.
Nagkaroon ng bench-clearing incident sa second quarter, kung saan may wa-long players ang napatalsik sa laro makaraang lumisan sa court matapos magkaroon ng altercation sina Jerome Delgado at Joshua Alolino.
Kabilang sa mga na-eject ay sina Staglets’ Raffy Gusi, John Trinidad, Jeric Estrada at Joel Laconico, at sina Altalettes’ Ronald Torres, Joel Jolangcob, Jesserie Teves at Eugene Canuza.
Sa ikatlong laro, nasingitan ng Jose Rizal University Light Bombers ang Letran Squires, 107-105, tampok ang game-winning lay-up ni Joed Villena sa huling 1.3 segundo.
Sa opening match, nilampaso ng San Beda Red Cubs ang nagbabalik na Malayan High School of Science (dating Mapua), 104-33.* Jeralde C. Catarlaba, Ruvielyn Madrid

Iskor:
Unang laro
SBC (104) – Dela Cruz 16, Moralde 14, Feliciano 12, Pujante 9, Javier 6, Monteclaro 6, Goyladera 6, Pe 6, Amin 6, M. Magat 5, Ayala 5, M. Magat 4, Mozo 4, Verzosa 3, Ludovice 2.
MIT (33) – Domingo 10, Valdez 9, Basas 7, Sevilla 4, Alejandro 2, Targa 1,
Abad 0, Roxas 0, Espiritu 0, Pobre 0, Castillo 0, Reyes 0.
QS: 28-7; 50-19; 80-24; 104-33
Ikalawang laro
SSC-R (88) – Vosotros 17, Bringas 15, Ortuoste 13, J. Delgado 9, Andrada 9, Mamaril 6, Gusi 6, Cam 5, Laconico 2, F. Delgado 2, Mendoza 2, Estrada 2, de Guzman 0, Villarosa 0.
UPHSD (61) – Baptista 18, Gonato 10, Gonzalez 7, Eriobu 6, Torres 6, Flor 4, Alolino 4, Canuza 4, Pigao 2, Iñigo 0, de Guzman 0, Martinez 0, Teves 0, Jolangcob 0.
QS: 22-10; 40-20; 67-41; 88-61
Ikatlong laro
JRU (107) – Saret 21, Vi-llena 20, Agovida 18, Oliveria 16, Madlangbayan 16, Vigil 10, Matias 4, Lontoc 2, Vital 0.
Letran (105) – Sumang 32, Tampus 30, Alas 19, Vasig 10, Ongteco 9, Kho-buntin 5, Satairapan 0, Sugahara 0, Roxas 0.
QS: 27-26; 52-57; 80-75; 107-105

batangueño
07-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Mga Kabayan mula sa NCAA, I am just curious. :)

If ever a team, whether its from the UAAP or from the NCAA, needs a big man for next season, who would be the better candidate, Arvie Bringas or Keith Agovida? ???

christian
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
May isang game ako na napanood sa TIP Manila, RC vs Squires, RC was up by 20+ bridging the 3rd and 4th qtrs. Humabol ang Squires because of Alas, lumamang pa yata, pero yung kamukha ni Monteclaro (I assume sya yung kapatid) bumitaw ng tatlong 3 pts, eventually nagpanalo sa RC. NSL yata yun, no bearing na for the RC.

Binangko din ni Latonio si Khobuntin, madalas pagalitan eh. Anyway, ma-solve sana yung perimeter shooting nila.

Medyo na impress ako kay Ludovice nun, parang Borgie.

christian
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Mga Kabayan mula sa NCAA, I am just curious. :)

If ever a team, whether its from the UAAP or from the NCAA, needs a big man for next season, who would be the better candidate, Arvie Bringas or Keith Agovida? ???

Bringas. Agovida plays more 3/4.

batangueño
07-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Bringas. Agovida plays more 3/4.

But they seem to be of the same height (6'4"?), right? It's just that Bringas has a much bigger built than Agovida. ???

King_stag
07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Bringas* is a force in the paint, he can create space for himself. I think he will have an easy transition to college hoops, just stay away from shooting the trey kid *;D

*6'4" is the listed height last year, i think he grew bigger

mighty_lion
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Bringas and Agovida reminds me of Marcelo and Pascual few years back. Modern version siguro. Bringas is more of a mean machine inside. Bruiser. Agovida is more of a do-it-all forward/center. Rebound, block, steals, score, create for others. Agovida is like poorman's Ryan Buenafe.

batangueño
07-02-2008, 03:06 PM
How multi-role is the multi-role Keith Agovida? Sorry for asking this but I am not really that familiar with this kid. Was he able to play a major role with the JRU Light Bombers? Is Coach Ariel Vanguardia now trying to guard this kid from being recruited by other NCAA teams and by UAAP teams? ???

As for Arvie Bringas, I have already read and heard so many things about this kid. Some are saying that with the kind of body that he has and the way he plays his basketball right now, he might not find that much difficulty in transitioning to a college basketball team. Perhaps Bringas is the type of player that a team with a gaping hole in the middle (e.g. UP) might need. ???

mighty_lion
07-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Staglets dump Red Robins for win #2
Written by jonas_terrado
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 5:01:00 PM*
http://www.ubelt.com/blogs/jonasterrado/viewpost.aspx?id=735

Defending two-time champion San Sebastian College-Recoletos coasted to its second consecutive victory by crushing hapless Malayan High School of Science, 119-25, in the second day action of the 84th NCAA juniors basketball tournament at the Cuneta Astrodome last July 2.

Last year’s Mythical Five member Arvie Bringas paced the Staglets with 39 points on 16-for-21 shooting from the floor while hitting five triples.

This what im saying. Bringas can hit three. Though blow-out game ito, its must have been attempted for fun. But still...

batangueño
07-02-2008, 11:36 PM
This what im saying. Bringas can hit three. Though blow-out game ito, its must have been attempted for fun. But still...

Whoa! Big man na nakakatira ng tres? Lalong dadami ang gustong kumuha sa kanya niyan. ;D

anniegurl
07-03-2008, 12:15 AM
SIno bet nyo na magiging MVP this year?

flsfnoeraekadad
07-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Bringas.

batangueño
07-03-2008, 01:14 AM
I think Arvie Bringas is the leading candidate for NCAA Juniors MVP for this year. :)

BLUE HORSE
07-03-2008, 02:35 AM

Whoa! Big man na nakakatira ng tres? Lalong dadami ang gustong kumuha sa kanya niyan. ;D

Lahat naman gustong lumigaw kay Arvie but seriously how many schools actually have a chance to sign him? It is quite to early but I smell another round of "package deals". :o ;D

LION
07-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Syempre sa Ateneo na yan. Salamat kay Eric at naryan si Buenafe. :)

batangueño
07-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Nah. I am hoping that the MMDA enforcers along Katipunan Avenue can re-direct the traffic coming from Recto towards Commonwealth Avenue instead. ;) ;D

Get_Blazed
07-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Nah. I am hoping that the MMDA enforcers along Katipunan Avenue can re-direct the traffic coming from Recto towards Commonwealth Avenue instead. ;) ;D

Di ba pwedeng sa Taft nalang? Mas malapit sa Recto, LRT lang oh. Pero hindi sa side ng McDo/UM ha, dito sa may canto ng Vito Cruz. North bound side.;D ;D ;D

-insane-
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
arriba letran

LION
07-03-2008, 07:05 PM

If I were Bringas I'd transfer to the UAAP to avoid facing the Red Lion bigs Dave Marcelo, Jake Pascual and Superman. Starting next year, Marcelo will still be eligible for 3 years, Jake will have 4 years left and Superman will start playing for 5 years.

Regular Grey
07-03-2008, 09:52 PM

If I were Bringas I'd transfer to the UAAP to avoid facing the Red Lion bigs Dave Marcelo, Jake Pascual and Superman. Starting next year, Marcelo will still be eligible for 3 years, Jake will have 4 years left and Superman will start playing for 5 years.

Bossing bakit di na lang si Bringas sa Red Lions mag transfer. para kakampi pa niya ang All of the Above! Kahit magtitira pa siya ng Threee points hangga't gusto niya. Off Guard na laruin niya.

danny
07-04-2008, 01:04 AM

No kidding? Grabe na yan. ;D

lekiboy
07-04-2008, 10:06 AM
I'd bet everything for Garrick Ayala and Ryan Monteclaro to crack team A next year... :)

Superman will seal team A..

Graduating next year would be:
Sam
Pong
??

JONAS HAO
07-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Bringas with Dave Marcelo, Jake Pascual and Superman (?).. Wow!

Pyesta si Garbo and Borgy nyan!
Tapos na ang boxing. May nakagawa na ba ng back2back sweep sa NC? ;)

danny
07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Bringas in San Beda? I don't think so.

bchoter
07-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Pareng LION my hope is he stays with San Sebastian to stem the tide of great NCAA juniors moving over to the UAAP. Kayo ang nag tanim iba ang aani. Bad yun.

Sige na nga I'll say the real reason why I want SSC to keep him. There's just too much truth in BLUEHORSE post. Diyan na siya sa Baste para hindi namin siya maging sakit ng ulo sa loob ng limang taon. :(

salsa caballero
07-04-2008, 04:37 PM
^ Oks lang yan. Pinapasakit rin naman ni Jervy ulo namin, diba? ;D Weather, weather lang yan...

bchoter
07-04-2008, 04:46 PM
^ Sana 3 years lang dni magbigay ng sakit ng ulo si Bringas.

Pasintabi po sa Eaglets but the NC competition is like the battle for the best Juniors squad in the country

Howard the Duck
07-04-2008, 05:01 PM
sino panalo sa LC-LSGH?

batangueño
07-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Mukhang may halong katotohanan ang post ni Kabayang BLUE HORSE. It looks like Ateneo will try to attempt a "package deal" to get Arvie Bringas. The Ateneans did it when they got Eric Salamat and Ryan Buenafe so it would not be a surprise to me if ever they would attempt to get Arvie Bringas.

However, I am still hoping that the MMDA traffic enforcers along Katipunan Avenue could divert the Recto motorcade towards Commonwealth Avenue. We all know that the Commonwealth Avenue is still in dire need of a plug in the middle. ;D

bchoter
07-04-2008, 05:06 PM
^ Hindi pa ba "done deal" yan?

Sana lang magustuhan niya ng tunog ng "Go USTeeeee" na hawig ng "Go Basteeeee".

batangueño
07-04-2008, 05:20 PM
"Done deal" na po siguro yan, Manong bchoter, pero mas maganda na maghintay muna tayo nang konti pang panahon hanggang sa sila mismo ang magbuko sa mga sarili nila. ;D

However, while Arvie Bringas is the superstar Staglet that he is now, I am still looking for a Paul Lee-type of player in his batch. Lee was not hyped during his stint with the Staglets and went to UE without that much fanfare. He worked hard during his residency in UE and when he got elevated to Team A, he showed his stuff and proved his worth as a true role player.

Ewan ko na lang po kung may ganung player ngayon sa batch ng Staglets pero kung meron ganun, napakswerte ng team na makakakuha sa kanya.

danny
07-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Kayo talaga o.

Kulang ba talaga sa talent ang UAAP Juniors? ;) Ibigay niyo na yan sa Baste. Ok din sa aking kung Usteeeee at UP. At least I know na at home ang mga Sebastinians diyan.

Pero dahil may kasamahan na siya sa Katipunan, baka mahirapan.

Lakas talaga ng mga products ng NCAA ano? Ala pang hype yan. ;D

mighty_lion
07-05-2008, 04:16 AM
^ Produkto din kasi si Bringas ng pinahinog ng husto at sinagadsagad sa edad. Mamang mama na talaga ang laro at this level. Parang Prime Shaq vs. Erika Dampier ang agwat nya sa mga counterpart nya sa NCAA HS.

ESCALERA JR.
07-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Pareng LION my hope is he stays with San Sebastian to stem the tide of great NCAA juniors moving over to the UAAP. Kayo ang nag tanim iba ang aani. Bad yun.

Sige na nga I'll say the real reason why I want SSC to keep him.* There's just too much truth in BLUEHORSE post. Diyan na siya sa Baste para hindi namin siya maging sakit ng ulo sa loob ng limang taon. :(

Sige kayo...baka mag-detour yan papuntang Intramuros ;D

Global Greenie
07-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Can someone post the previous games stats? Or direct me to where I can see it? Thanks.

-insane-
07-07-2008, 05:47 PM
sa ubelt.com meron poh

Howard the Duck
07-18-2008, 08:01 PM
talo red cubs ah

oca
07-19-2008, 12:03 PM
talo red cubs ah

..at tagilid sila sa Light Bombers. Game will be on Mon, 21 Jul at 10am.

Binago yata ang sched.

-insane-
07-19-2008, 03:12 PM
sa wed na ata yung game nila eh

christian
07-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Sino coach ng LSGH?

Tagilid nga ang RC vs. Light Bombers and Squires, we lost vs. the Staglets and the Greenies. Pumutok pa ang kilay ni Al Amin. Sila ang malalakas sa NCAA.

Howard the Duck
07-21-2008, 02:58 PM
SBC 108-86 UPHD

Standings
SSC 5-0
JRU 3-1
LSGH 3-2
LC 2-2
SBC 2-2
UPHSD 1-5
MHSS 0-4

jayts
07-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Sino coach ng LSGH?

Tagilid nga ang RC vs. Light Bombers and Squires, we lost vs. the Staglets and the Greenies. Pumutok pa ang kilay ni Al Amin. Sila ang malalakas sa NCAA.

The coach of LSGH is Hubert De Los Santons. Coach Hubert is an alumni and played for LSGH in the early nineties. He also played for UP in the UAAP.

-insane-
07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
SBC 108-86 UPHD

Standings
SSC 5-0
JRU 3-1
LSGH 3-2
LC 2-2
SBC 2-2
UPHSD 1-5
MHSS 0-4

hala anu na nangyari sa SBC nd LC jrs bkit nasa gitna

christian
07-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Medyo hindi surprise sa SBC, mas nakakgulat ang LC-Squires. Malakas talaga ang Staglets, Greenies, Light Bombers.

nicksy
07-22-2008, 01:26 PM
San Beda Red Cubs' Roster is still full of Rookies, I think there is only 2 or 3 veterans in the Line-up, but they gave the Staglets a one hell of a fight losing in Over Time.

-insane-
07-25-2008, 04:53 PM
pero dami narin nawala sa squires eh kaya cguro ganun din nangyari sa kanila

King_stag
07-25-2008, 06:15 PM
In the juniors division, Arvie Brigas had 27 points as titleholder San Sebastian Staglets completed a first round sweep with a 71-65 win over CSB-La Salle Greenhills.

Keith Agovida scored a tournament-high 59 points, 12 rebounds and 10 steals as the Jose Rizal Light Bombers routed Mapua-MSHS Red Robins, 130-60.

Howard the Duck
07-25-2008, 08:41 PM
points differences (offense minus defense):

SSC-R +164
JRU +79
SBC +81
LC +13
LSGH +111

UPHSD -47

MHSS -401

Global Greenie
07-25-2008, 11:51 PM
points differences (offense minus defense):

SSC-R +164
JRU +79
SBC +81
LC +13
LSGH +111

UPHSD -47

MHSS -401

I re-calculated points for/against - sequence though is standings based on won/loss record.

SSC R +164
JRU + 79
SBC +81
LC + 96
LSGH + 111

UPHSD -37
MHSS -494

Global Greenie
08-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Who are the players to look out for in the Juniors division?

In the race for MVP, ROY, Mythical, etc. are there any names worth mentioning already?*

Howard the Duck
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
yung sa JRU, si agovida ba yun?

King_stag
08-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Almond Vosotros - ROY ;D, this guy has been consistent for the staglets

coreytaylor
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
2008 JUNIOR'S MYTHICAL 5:
PG - KEVIN ALAS
SG - MIKEE REYES/DELA CRUZ
SF - MARTIN REYES (PF NA LANG! WAKEKEKE!)
PF - KEITH AGOVIDA
C* - ARVIE BRINGAS

OTHER NOTABLE BUT INCONSISTENT PLAYERS: LOUIE VIGIL,KHOBUNTIN,ONTENGCO,GUSI,FRANCO/MORALDE. THAT'S ABOUT IT.

ROY: VOSOTROS (PWEDE NGANG MAG-MYTHICAL 5 TOO EH)

Global Greenie
08-25-2008, 09:49 PM
There will be the National Career Aptitude Examinations (NCAE) for all fourth year students nationwide. All juniors matches will be moved. What will the Juniors schedule look like after the postponement of Wednesday's matches?

The schedule in NCAA website is confusing. If someone has final official schedule, please post.

Thanks.

Howard the Duck
08-26-2008, 02:02 AM
SSC is assured of twice to beat in the semis, if they get to be beaten ;D
LC is in the inside track of the twice to beat advantage. their last games are vs. MHSS and SBC.
JRU will likely fall a game short on #2. that is if they lose to SSC

LSGH and SBC will fight tooth and nail for the last F4 slot. the winner of the LSGH-SBC will game will likely be #4.

anyone knows the mechanics kung naka-sweep sa NCAA?

aircanda
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
SSC is assured of twice to beat in the semis, if they get to be beaten ;D
LC is in the inside track of the twice to beat advantage. their last games are vs. MHSS and SBC.
JRU will likely fall a game short on #2. that is if they lose to SSC

LSGH and SBC will fight tooth and nail for the last F4 slot. the winner of the LSGH-SBC will game will likely be #4.

anyone knows the mechanics kung naka-sweep sa NCAA?

twice to beat sa sa finals..

Get_Blazed
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM

Good luck to the LSGH Greenies! Animo Benilde! ;)

-insane-
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
gud luck red cubs

arriba letran

Howard the Duck
08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
twice to beat sa sa finals..

how about the other teams? parang UAAP din? (#3 vs. #4) vs. twice to beat #2?

King_stag
08-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Juniors Game Results

First Game (Jrs)

LETRAN 127 — Alas 29, Tampus 24, Ongteco 13, Satairapan 11, Khobuntin 10, de Guia 8, Sumang 8, Crisologo 7, Gonzales 7, Villanueva 5, Reyes 3, Sugahara 2, Katigbak 0, Roxas 0.

MALAYAN 36 — Domingo 17, Basas 7, Alejandro 6, Sevilla 3, Abad 2, Targa 1, Roxas 0, Espiritu 0, Reyes 0, Castillo 0.

Quarters: 21-8, 56-13, 86-23, 127-36.

Second Game (Jrs)

SSC 83 — Vosotros 28, Bringas 21, Gusi 14, Delgado, J. 6, Andrada 6, Cam 4, Ortuoste 4, Trinidad 0, de Guzman 0, Mamaril 0, Laconico 0, Villarosa 0, Delgado, F. 0, Estrada 0, Mendoza, 0.

LSGH 65 — Mart. Reyes 18, Franco 16, Mi. Reyes 13, Adornado 9, Marc Reyes 5, Quebral 2, Flores 2, Vergara 0, Malimban 0, Viñas 0, Cruz 0, Henares 0, Mars Reyes 0.

Quarters: 23-8, 42-28, 62-49, 83-65.

Get_Blazed
08-30-2008, 11:54 AM
So what are the updated standings? Is there a good chance still for LSGH?

Global Greenie
09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
La Salle Green Hills moved up to 4th with an 84-65 win over Perpetual Help. It was their sixth win in 11 games in the juniors' division. A win on Monday against San Beda Red Cubs will ensure their final 4 slot.

Get_Blazed
09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
The Greenies are currently 4th after playing 11 games. A win on Monday against Beda will ensure their final 4 slot.

Sino ang 5th? And nanalo ba LSGH kahapon? Good luck, and hope you make it to the F4! The Blazers didnt make it, but we promise also to support your squad all the way. Animo LSGH/Benilde! ;)

Global Greenie
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
The Greenies are currently 4th after playing 11 games. A win on Monday against Beda will ensure their final 4 slot.

Sino ang 5th? And nanalo ba LSGH kahapon? Good luck, and hope you make it to the F4! The Blazers didnt make it, but we promise also to support your squad all the way. Animo LSGH/Benilde! ;)

Had to edit my earlier post.

Baste is first, then Letran, JRU is third. LSGH fourth, SBC fifth, UPHDS is 6th and MIT last.

Get_Blazed
09-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Baste is first, then Letran, JRU is third. LSGH fourth, SBC fifth, UPHDS is 6ht and MIT last.

How close is LSGH and SBC? If we lose, what would happen?

Global Greenie
09-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Baste is first, then Letran, JRU is third. LSGH fourth, SBC fifth, UPHDS is 6ht and MIT last.

A loss will cause a playoff between the 2 schools as they will be tied for 4th. Then the long road to the finals. 4 vs 3. Winner plays 2 but twice to beat. SSC-R assured of finals slot due to possible sweep.

Get_Blazed
09-02-2008, 10:39 PM

A loss will cause a playoff between the 2 schools as they will be tied for 4th. Then the long road to the finals. 4 vs 3. Winner plays 2 but twice to beat. SSC-R assured of finals slot due to possible sweep.

So, twice to beat pala tayo versus SBC. Tapos long road ahead if we advance. Whew! Have faith! Animo! :)

Global Greenie
09-02-2008, 10:55 PM
2008 JUNIOR'S MYTHICAL 5:
PG - KEVIN ALAS
SG - MIKEE REYES/DELA CRUZ
SF - MARTIN REYES (PF NA LANG! WAKEKEKE!)
PF - KEITH AGOVIDA
C* - ARVIE BRINGAS

OTHER NOTABLE BUT INCONSISTENT PLAYERS: LOUIE VIGIL,KHOBUNTIN,ONTENGCO,GUSI,FRANCO/MORALDE. THAT'S ABOUT IT.

ROY: VOSOTROS (PWEDE NGANG MAG-MYTHICAL 5 TOO EH)

Here are the current top 12 based on statistical points:

Keith Jasper M. Agovida (JRU)
Jarelan A. Tampus (CSJL)
Glenn R. Khobuntin (CSJL)
Martin John M. Reyes (CSB)
Arvie P. Bringas (SSC-R)
Shej Roi D. Sumang (CSJL)
Ricardo R. Madlangbayan (JRU)
Louie Philippe V. Vigil (JRU)
Jeffrey Ryan G. Ongteco (CSJL)
Joshua Benhur C. Saret (JRU)
Arthur A. Dela (SBC)
Miguel Antonio R. Reyes (CSB)

oca
09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Naglaban kanina ang Staglets at Red Cubs.

Nakaupo sa likuran ng bench ng Staglets sina Ryan Buenafe at Eric Salamat. Sa likuran naman ng Red Cubs sina Nico Salva, Mike Baldos, at Yuri Escueta. All current Blue Eagles.

Sa pagtunog ng final buzzer, mula sa magkabilang dulo, tumanggap ng kantiaw yung tatlo mula sa dalawa. Hindi umawit ng school hymn yung dalawa at nakuntento sa pagkantiaw duon sa tatlo sa pamamagitan ng hand gestures. Ang lalaki pa ng ngiti na tilang nakakaloko. ;D

Hindi ko malaman tuloy kung yung ngiti ng dalawa ay dala ng panalo o natuwa dahil naka-isa sila duon sa tatlo. ;D

Siyanga pala, panalo ang Staglets kanina. Malamang sweep na ito.

oca
09-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Standings after the Sep 3 gameday:

SSCR 11-0
CSJL 8-3
LSGH 6-5
JRU 6-4
SBC 5-5
UPHSD 2-10
MIT 0-11

Remaining games are:

Sep 5
Light Bombers v Red Robins
Red Cubs v Squires

Sep 8 (?)
Light Bombers v Staglets
Red Cubs v Greenies

Pag tinignan mo ang kartada ng CSJL, LSGH, JRU at SBC, napakaraming scenario ang pwedeng mangyari, depende sa resulta ng mga natitirang laro.

Dahil hardcore tayo dito, di na kailangan i-detalye yung mga scenario.

Pero may isang scenario na malamang di inaakalang pwedeng mangyayari ng nakakarami --- malaglag ang Red Cubs at di pumasok sa F4. Pag nangyari, first time mula nang pinasimulan ang Final 4 format.

Subaybayan.

BigBlue
09-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Naglaban kanina ang Staglets at Red Cubs.

Nakaupo sa likuran ng bench ng Staglets sina Ryan Buenafe at Eric Salamat. Sa likuran naman ng Red Cubs sina Nico Salva, Mike Baldos, at Yuri Escueta. All current Blue Eagles.

Sa pagtunog ng final buzzer, mula sa magkabilang dulo, tumanggap ng kantiaw yung tatlo mula sa dalawa. Hindi umawit ng school hymn yung dalawa at nakuntento sa pagkantiaw duon sa tatlo sa pamamagitan ng hand gestures. Ang lalaki pa ng ngiti na tilang nakakaloko. ;D

Hindi ko malaman tuloy kung yung ngiti ng dalawa ay dala ng panalo o natuwa dahil naka-isa sila duon sa tatlo. ;D

Siyanga pala, panalo ang Staglets kanina. Malamang sweep na ito.

baka may usapan silang magpapa-burger yung matatalo

Get_Blazed
09-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Standings after the Sep 3 gameday:

SSCR 11-0
CSJL 8-3
LSGH 6-5
JRU 6-4
SBC 5-5
UPHSD 2-10
MIT 0-11

Remaining games are:

Sep 5
Light Bombers v Red Robins
Red Cubs v Squires

Sep 8 (?)
Light Bombers v Staglets
Red Cubs v Greenies

Pag tinignan mo ang kartada ng CSJL, LSGH, JRU at SBC, napakaraming scenario ang pwedeng mangyari, depende sa resulta ng mga natitirang laro.

Dahil hardcore tayo dito, di na kailangan i-detalye yung mga scenario.

Pero may isang scenario na malamang di inaakalang pwedeng mangyayari ng nakakarami --- malaglag ang Red Cubs at di pumasok sa F4. Pag nangyari, first time mula nang pinasimulan ang Final 4 format.

Subaybayan.

If manalo ang LSGH sa SBC(sana sana sana), first time nga talaga. Decline na ba talaga ang Red Cubs dynasty?
Ngunit hindi magiging madali ang daraanan ng Greenies, magkakaplay-off pa sila after kahit manalo sila sa SBC, lalaban pasa JRU. Tapos step-ladder(?) pa para umangat. Good luck Greenies. Animo Benilde!

bossman
09-03-2008, 10:12 PM
LS Greenhills
Martin Reyes* 11.8 points/ 5.2 rebounds/ 1.8 assists/ 0.8 steals/ 1 blocks in 21 minutes 5 games
Mikee Reyes 11.2 points/ 1.6 rebounds/ 4.2 assists/ 3.8 steals/ 0 blocks in 17 minutes 5 games

How I wish for LSGH players to just move up to play for Benilde rather than go to the UAAP.. Pag Zobel players, kanila, pati ba naman jrs. ng Benilde kanila padin?:-[

I doubt kung maisipan mag CSB nyan 2 na yan. Suntok sa buwan kung may mag CSB kahit isa dyan.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I doubt kung maisipan mag CSB nyan 2 na yan. Suntok sa buwan kung may mag CSB kahit isa dyan.

Not necessarily silang dalawa lang. Marami pang talented sa line-up ng Greenies. And please, be supportive naman of our program. The least we need now is pessimism.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 08:34 PM
San Sebastian Staglets 11 0
Letran Squires 8 3
JRU Light Bombers 6 4
LSGH Greenies 6 5
San Beda Red Cubs 5 5
UPHD Altalettes 2 10
Malayan Red Robins 0 11

The Greenies would be playing SBC, while the Cubs would be playing first the Squires.
In an event where the Cub would lose to the Squires, we only need to win over the Cubs to advance. Else, we need to play them again for a tie-breaker.

Good luck Greenies! Animo Benilde! ;)

christian
09-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Good luck Red Cubs tomorrow!

oca
09-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Squires won over the Red Cubs, 65-61, and firmly clinched the second spot in the standings regardless what happens to the rest of the forthcoming games.

As for the Red Cubs, they have to beat LSGH on Sept 8 which will result to a 6-6 record for both schools. Sudden death ang kasunod nuon.

I say, tagilid mga bata ni Ato.

The Light Bombers are sure to end up with at least 7 wins as they still have to play the Red Robins.

If LSGH beats the Red Cubs on Sept 8 and the kids from Kalentong doesn't notch their 8th win, tabla sila at 7-5, may playoff dyan. If this game materializes, I say every hardcore who has the time to spare to go and see it. Maraming promising kids sa dalawang koponan na ito.

oca
09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Sulit talaga manood ng NCAA. The cost of your ticket includes the games of the Juniors.

Wala naman marahil tututol kung sabihin ko na pinakamataas ang level of play ng NCAA Jrs over other leagues.

nastrans
09-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Keith Agovida just scored 82 F'N points in a 127-49 dumping of Mapua este Malayan High School

BigBlue
09-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Keith Agovida just scored 82 F'N points in a 127-49 dumping of Mapua este Malayan High School

hinigitan pa si Kobe!

bchoter
09-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Ampotah. Ano ba yang kalaban niya? Walang Malay?

oca
09-05-2008, 02:32 PM
On Agovida's point production.

Imo, kinakargahan lang ni Coach Boy yung stats ng bata to boost his chances of winning MVP honors.

Why the hell should I keep my main man on the floor after I have established a big margin? Baka ma-injure pa ang bata.

christian
09-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Overkill.

christian
09-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Grabe, llamadong llamado ang greenies dito, tinambakan kami ng 20 nung first round. Sana may magic pa si Ato!

Get_Blazed
09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Good luck Greenies! We are behind you! Animo Benilde!

-insane-
09-05-2008, 09:31 PM
twice to beat na pala squires good luck sana makapasok ulit sa finals

arriba letran

gameface_one
09-09-2008, 08:07 AM
SSC repulses JRU in OT, gains juniors final
By Joey Villar
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Philstar.com

Three-peat champion San Sebastian struck hard in overtime as the Staglets turned back the Jose Rizal Light Bombers, 97-88, yesterday to sweep their way to the finals of the NCAA high school basketball tournament at the Astrodome.

Arvie Bringas, playing on his last season, scored eight of his 29 points in extension to power the Staglets to a rousing 12-game sweep of the double round elims.

That sent SSC straight to the finals with the Staglets needing just a win to complete a rare four-peat championship.

“We’re happy for the sweep because we’re not going through the Final Four anymore,” said San Sebastian coach Raymond Valenzona.

In the other game, St. Benilde ousted San Beda, 77-68, to grab the fourth semifinal spot.

It was the first time that the Red Cubs were knocked out of the top four since 1977.

While Bringas took care of the scoring chores, the rest of the Staglets alternated in holding Keith Agovida to 21 points, keeping him away off his comfort zone majority of the game.

The 6-1 Agovida hit a record-setting 82-point output in leading Jose Rizal U to a 127-49 rout over Mapua last Friday.

“We allowed him to play his game, we just took some of his rebounds and inside points,” said Valenzona of the JRU gunner, who came into the match with a 35- point norm.

Agovida missed 18 of the 25 shots after going 36-of-50 from the field against Mapua.

jack_doe
09-10-2008, 12:42 AM

Imo, kinakargahan lang ni Coach Boy yung stats ng bata to boost his chances of winning MVP honors.

Why the hell should I keep my main man on the floor after I have established a big margin? Baka ma-injure pa ang bata.

before siya naka 82 points #1 na siya sa scoring. top 3 in assists, blocks and rebounds. dont think he needs the 82 points para maging MVP. If not for stat manipulation of another player, i think agovida is also #1 in rebounds :)

with regards to keeping him on the court, kanya kanyang diskarte yan. if you see his stats, that's he's average minutes per game. hindi naman pinagpilitan ang laro niya. nagkataon lang na madami siyang na iskor. dyan mo rin siguro makikita ang endurance ng bata. he also leads the league in minutes played. nakakaperform parin kahit na pagod

tigerman
09-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Rebuilding stage ba ang Red Cubs? Nakakapanibago na wala sila sa final four ngayon.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

King_stag
09-10-2008, 06:56 AM

before siya naka 82 points #1 na siya sa scoring. top 3 in assists, blocks and rebounds. dont think he needs the 82 points para maging MVP.* If not for stat manipulation of another player, i think agovida is also #1 in rebounds :)

with regards to keeping him on the court, kanya kanyang diskarte yan. if you see his stats, that's he's average minutes per game. hindi naman pinagpilitan ang laro niya. nagkataon lang na madami siyang na iskor. dyan mo rin siguro makikita ang endurance ng bata. he also leads the league in minutes played. nakakaperform parin kahit na pagod

A classic case of padding his stats. Your team is in final four contention, maybe it's too risky considering he's a key player for his team. These are just opinions so dont take it too hard

Get_Blazed
09-10-2008, 09:50 AM

before siya naka 82 points #1 na siya sa scoring. top 3 in assists, blocks and rebounds. dont think he needs the 82 points para maging MVP.* If not for stat manipulation of another player, i think agovida is also #1 in rebounds :)

"stat manipulation"? So uso na pala ang accusations like this? No matter how much you sell him as your MVP, hindi kami napapa-bilib, mind you. Watch it noob. This is not PEX. ::)

-insane-
09-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Rebuilding stage ba ang Red Cubs? Nakakapanibago na wala sila sa final four ngayon.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

nawalan po kasi sila ng star player and malaking bagay si salva sa kanila siguro nga rebuilding team sila this season

coreytaylor
09-10-2008, 12:47 PM

correct me if im wrong but i think they lost 6 or 7 players from last year's team. rebuilding talaga.

oca
09-10-2008, 01:24 PM

correct me if im wrong but i think they lost 6 or 7 players from last year's team. rebuilding talaga.

Only 2 carryovers from S83. But that is no excuse, if you ask them mismo.

There were at least 3 games which they were ahead towards end game and lost. Iba pa yung 29 point swing vs LSGH in the 1st round. Leading by 19 in the 3rd qtr and losing the game by 10 pts.

From this line-up, I was told there will be 8 carryovers. Four of which play the 4 and 5 positions, dela Cruz, Javier, Feliciano and Gotladera. May isang magulang ang humirit, championship ang target next year!

But that's going out of topic now. This is Season 84 thread....

mighty_lion
09-10-2008, 01:57 PM
sir oca sino yong remaining four?

Nike Air
09-10-2008, 04:26 PM
baste will be there in the finals already. lsgh, jru, and sino pa yung naiiwan na isang school? letran ba? alam ko lsgh will take the last spot going into the final four. hindi ko lang alam kung sino yung 2 and 3.

nastrans
09-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Baste (12-0)

Letran (9-3)
JRU (7-5)
LSGH (7-5)

jack_doe
09-11-2008, 07:56 PM

before siya naka 82 points #1 na siya sa scoring. top 3 in assists, blocks and rebounds. dont think he needs the 82 points para maging MVP. If not for stat manipulation of another player, i think agovida is also #1 in rebounds :)

"stat manipulation"? So uso na pala ang accusations like this? No matter how much you sell him as your MVP, hindi kami napapa-bilib, mind you. Watch it noob. This is not PEX. ::)

im not selling him as my MVP. nobody needs to do that. he's a shoe in for that. im just telling you what i observed from sportingpulse.com. and mind you, im not the only one who found this out. the admin in sportingpulse.com confirmed that the stats posted there are the official stats.

im more concerned of the other who are more deserving to go into the mythical 5. everyone worked hard for it. and it's a fact that awards in NCAA are given based on players' stats, irregardless of their position. so by increasing his rebounds, assists, steals and blocks and decreasing his turn overs, he becomes more efficient. at first they increased that stats to put him in #1 in index of success. but i think the one who did it realized that it would be foolish to the observers it Bringas gets the MVP award. so they just made his stats good enough to be at 2nd in the index of success assuring him of a mythical 5 award.

if you closely follow the stats, after 10 games he's good for #4 in the index of success, and he got only 10 index of success points in their game against SBC, upping his total to 292 index of success. #5 martin reyes of La salle greenhills has a total of 288 index of success. tight race?? #6 person in that race has a total of 286. and the #7 285. if the #6 and #7 players played good games on their last assignments, good enough to overtake 292 index of success. both bringas and martin reyes would be out of the race.

but with the manipulation, the supposedly #3 khobuntin moved down to #4 spot. #4 bringas moved up to an unreachable #2 position. then khobuntin and reyes would be the victims if incase the #6 and #7 players in the index of success play superb games on their last assignment right?

this is just an eye opener for everyone. it could really happen. if it was an error by someone how come it only happend to bringas?? and it happend many times. his stats changed atleast 3 times....

-insane-
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
hindi natin alam kung sino may gawa nung stat na yun siguro inconsistent lang talaga yung pagkakagawa nun sa ncaa.org malalaman nalang natin yan sa awards day meron pa naman vote yung mga coaches and media kaya di pa natin lam kung sino mag mvp sa kanila

jack_doe
09-11-2008, 10:21 PM
hindi natin alam kung sino may gawa nung stat na yun siguro inconsistent lang talaga yung pagkakagawa nun sa ncaa.org malalaman nalang natin yan sa awards day meron pa naman vote yung mga coaches and media kaya di pa natin lam kung sino mag mvp sa kanila

yun daw po ata ang official stats ng NCAA. sabi rin ng Admin dun sa forum sa site na yun official stats daw yun. pagka alam ko pure statistical points lang ang basis ng awards ng NCAA kahit ano pa ang position na nilalaro. hindi ata kasali ang coaches and media votes. last year ang mythical team ng ncaa juniors were salva, noble, agovida, buenafe and bringas. puro forwards yun. notably missing was kevin alas who was i think averaging close to 30ppg. he had some games of 40+ points. but still didnt make the mythical 5. yung mga naka mythical 5 puro mataas ang average sa rebound.

Joescoundrel
09-12-2008, 11:05 AM
When and what time are the Juniors Step-Ladder and Final 4?

oca
09-12-2008, 06:59 PM
When and what time are the Juniors Step-Ladder and Final 4?

Sept 15/ 11:30am/ Astrodome: LSGH v JRU.

Winner of the above match will play Letran on Sept 17/ 11:30am/ Astrodome.

-insane-
09-12-2008, 11:55 PM
ask lang po ha twice to beat din ba CSJL jrs

jack_doe
09-13-2008, 06:48 AM
ask lang po ha twice to beat din ba CSJL jrs

pagka alam ko hindi po. tapos best of 3 sa championship. pero people from other forums keep saying that baste only needs 1 win to be champs

nastrans
09-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Letran doesn't have a twice-to-beat advantage when they meet either JRU or LSGH, one game lang.

Baste ang may twice-to-beat incentive sa Finals which starts on Sept 19.

-insane-
09-13-2008, 09:54 AM
ah ganun ba single game lang yung sa squires.. yung sa baste twice to beat sila sa finals yun kasi ang rule ng ncaa pag na sweep yung buong elimination round dederecho na sa finals then may twice to beat advantage pa

jack_doe
09-17-2008, 07:43 AM
ah ganun ba single game lang yung sa squires.. yung sa baste twice to beat sila sa finals yun kasi ang rule ng ncaa pag na sweep yung buong elimination round dederecho na sa finals then may twice to beat advantage pa

Letran, JRU face off for No. 2 seeding

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Letran and Jose Rizal University slug it out for the No. 2 seeding while San Sebastian College and Mapua knock each other out for the fourth and last Final Four berth in the NCAA seniors basketball tournament at the Astrodome today.

The Knights outclassed the Cardinals, 62-52, while the Bombers held off the Stags, 57-53, last Monday to join the defending champion San Beda Red Lions in the Final Four.

Since Letran and Jose Rizal U will also meet in the semis after claiming the Nos. 2 and 3 spots, their 4 p.m. encounter serves as the start of a virtual best-of-three for the other final berth.

The Stags and the Cardinals, on the other hand, dispute the last semis slot in the first match at 2 p.m.

The Stags are eyeing to make it to the Final Four after a two-year absence, while the Cardinals are looking for their fourth straight semis appearance.

Expect San Sebastian to pin its hopes on leading MVP contender Jason Ballesteros, Jim Viray, Pamboy Raymundo and Froilan Saquillo while pro-bound Kelvin dela Peña must assert his leadership and Neil Pascual, Allan Mangahas and Ian Mazo must get their game going for Mapua to advance.

The winner of the Stags-Cardinals duel will face the Red Lions in the Final Four.

The Knights and the Heavy Bombers, who also faced off in last season’s Final Four, will go all-out to get the win and move closer to the finals.

Leading the Knights’ charge are Dino Daa, Rey Guevarra, RJ Jazul and Kojack Melegrito, while JR Sena, Marc Cagoco, John Wilson and Maui Pradas will spearhead the Bombers’ side.

In the juniors stepladder semis at 11:30 a.m., the second seeded Squires and the No. 3 Light Bombers collide for the right to face the three-time champion Staglets in the best-of-three championship.

jpmalpas
09-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Staglets all the way. 8)

-insane-
09-18-2008, 08:52 PM
wow beast of 3 pala hehehe squires vs staglets na start na bukas

hehehe ano nangyari kay agovida akala ko ba kaya niya

Get_Blazed
09-18-2008, 09:07 PM

Si Bringas daw ang kaya niya eh. :P ::)

jpmalpas
09-18-2008, 09:39 PM

Ha? Bukas naba? Hindi pala televised kung ganun? Sana sabay nalang sa Seniors... >:(

jack_doe
09-20-2008, 09:23 PM

Ha? Bukas naba? Hindi pala televised kung ganun? Sana sabay nalang sa Seniors...* >:(

sa wed pa daw po.sabay sa seniors championship ng juniors

jack_doe
09-20-2008, 09:26 PM

kaya sana niya pumasok ng championship kung limahan lang ang laro vs letran squires.
sana napanood niyo para nakita niyo kung ano nangyari sa light bombers vs squires.

pero ok lang yan... may karma naman. ginanti ng heavy bombers ang light bombers. mas masakit yun sa letran. pinagpalit ang juniors para sa seniors.

Get_Blazed
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
kaya sana niya pumasok ng championship kung limahan lang ang laro vs letran squires.
sana napanood niyo para nakita niyo kung ano nangyari sa light bombers vs squires.

pero ok lang yan... may karma naman. ginanti ng heavy bombers ang light bombers. mas masakit yun sa letran. pinagpalit ang juniors para sa seniors.

Dont imply such things. This is not PEx. Its immature to say such.

jack_doe
09-24-2008, 11:06 PM

pero ok lang yan... may karma naman. ginanti ng heavy bombers ang light bombers.* mas masakit yun sa letran. pinagpalit ang juniors para sa seniors.

Did you watch the juniors championship game this afternoon? Did you saw the last foul called on Baste? Do think there was enogh contact in that last play to merit a foul? a crucial call that could have sent the game into OT....

My opinion... that was a very stupid call.. You don't make those kind of calls on the last few seconds of a game, specially a champiohship game. That call could've changed the outcome of the game.

And the refs who made the call?? the same ref who made the stupid calls on Agovida against CSJL. 2 of the 3 refs on the championship game today, were also the officials in charge of the knock out match between light bombers and squires.

still immature?

Get_Blazed
09-26-2008, 02:52 PM

Did you watch the juniors championship game this afternoon? Did you saw the last foul called on Baste? Do think there was enogh contact in that last play to merit a foul? a crucial call that could have sent the game into OT....

My opinion... that was a very stupid call.. You don't make those kind of calls on the last few seconds of a game, specially a champiohship game. That call could've changed the outcome of the game.

And the refs who made the call?? the same ref who made the stupid calls on Agovida against CSJL. 2 of the 3 refs on the championship game today, were also the officials in charge of the knock out match between light bombers and squires.

still immature?

Still, we cannot blame the intangibles. It happens, but saying its karma doesnt do any good. Sana we should see everything from a basketball perspective.

-insane-
09-26-2008, 07:10 PM
congrats sa staglets for winning the championship (jrs division)