PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Abuda is FEU's New Assistant Coach

Dark Knight
04-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Former PBA player Freddie Abuda (who played for SMB after being drafted by Purefoods) is now one of the coaching staff of FEU.

Abuda is known for his defense and hustle plays (he was called 'the scavenger') and hopefully he can pass it on to the Tamaraws this Season 71.

The_Big_Cat
04-14-2008, 02:34 PM
He was part of the coaching staff of Koy Banal for the 2006 NCAA Champions Red Lions.

BedanRoar
04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Former PBA player Freddie Abuda (who played for SMB after being drafted by Purefoods) is now one of the coaching staff of FEU.

Abuda is known for his defense and hustle plays (he was called 'the scavenger') and hopefully he can pass it on to the Tamaraws this Season 71.

It's good news for FEU. Indeed, Freddie Abuda had a big contribution to the success of the RL Team. Sayang nga that his services also ended when coach Koy left the Team.

mighty_lion
04-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Excellent pick-up for the Tamaraws! Undisputedly, Sam Ekwe and Maggays development is largely attributable to the mentoring provided by Coach Freddie Abuda two years ago. Coach Freddie's value is not just on mentoring bigmen, magaling din mag-scout at magdevise ng depensa sa mga bigmen ng kalaban.

Good luck Coach Freddie!

Schortsanitis
04-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I saw Freddie a month or so ago on the FEU bench during the UST-FEU quarter finals match in the last FMC tournament.

nastrans
05-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Saw Freddie (one of my all-time favorites) a few weeks ago teaching JR Cawaling how to play the post...hmmm should be interesting to see.

Habang nagtuturo si Freddie kay JR, si Glen Capacio wala pa ding kupas sa three-point shooting lahat ng tinira niya halos pumasok. :D

stonecold316
06-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Congrats Freddie!

stonecold316

oca
10-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Sa opening ng PBA 34th Season kahapon sa Araneta, napag-alaman ko na bahagi na pala ng SMB coaching staff si Freddie Abuda. Knowing SMC's policy on their coaches taking on other coaching jobs, what I understood from the conversation I was part of was Abuda is no longer with the Tamaraws.

The hopes miron like me had on the Tamaraws was greatly based on how their big men has developed and will further developed.

Pero pag ganyang wala na sa poder nila si Abuda, ewan ko kung anong klaseng diskarte ang matututunan ng mga big man nila. Big man's coach pa naman ang isa sa mahirap hanapin.

From a mere hugot by Koy Banal for the Red Lions, to FEU and now back to being employed by SMC, I suppose that validates that Abuda is a good big man coach.

Pag magaling, talagang aangat.

mighty_lion
10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Coach balik ka na sa Lions den pls. :)

lekiboy
10-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Sa opening ng PBA 34th Season kahapon sa Araneta, napag-alaman ko na bahagi na pala ng SMB coaching staff si Freddie Abuda. Knowing SMC's policy on their coaches taking on other coaching jobs, what I understood from the conversation I was part of was Abuda is no longer with the Tamaraws.

The hopes miron like me had on the Tamaraws was greatly based on how their big men has developed and will further developed.

Pero pag ganyang wala na sa poder nila si Abuda, ewan ko kung anong klaseng diskarte ang matututunan ng mga big man nila. Big man's coach pa naman ang isa sa mahirap hanapin.

From a mere hugot by Koy Banal for the Red Lions, to FEU and now back to being employed by SMC, I suppose that validates that Abuda is a good big man coach.

Pag magaling, talagang aangat.

boss, magkano ba ballpark figure ng prof fee ni coach freddie? :)

Guardian Angel
10-07-2008, 07:23 PM

What policy? One of their assistants is Pido Jarencio whom we all know is the head coach of UST.

The_Big_Cat
10-07-2008, 08:16 PM
San Miguel hired Freddie Abuda because of 6'7" Jay Washington and 6'9" Sam Eman. They needed a big man's coach.

oca
10-15-2008, 07:16 PM

What policy?* One of their assistants is Pido Jarencio whom we all know is the head coach of UST.

Pag may conflict sa schedule, dapat schedule ng SMB ang mangibabaw.

Alamin niyo ang sched ng practice ng SMB at Tamaraws.

Of course off-season na ng UAAP, kahit hindi palagian nandyan si Freddie di mapapansin gaano. But yun mismo ang problema, dapat sa off season pinukpok yung mga big man ng Tamaraws.

Now, if Freddie finds a way to hold two jobs, eh di mabuti. Walang miron ang di matutuwa ang makita mas maraming competent big man sa college ball.