PDA

View Full Version : CESAFI is Active Member of SBP-BAP

bleachertalk
04-10-2008, 10:39 AM
The CESAFI is one of 15 organizations accepted as an active member of the SBP-BAP. Check out the story below...There's a list of organizations accepted as associate members and there's an "interesting" name there.....

SBP BOARD APPROVES FIRST BATCH OF ACTIVE MEMBERS
NATIONAL CONGRESS AND ELECTIONS SET ON 31ST MAY 2008

http://www.sbp.com.ph/about.php#members

The Board of Trustees of BAP-Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (BAP-SBP) in a meeting held on 4th April 2008 approved the recommendation of the Nominations and Elections Committee (NOMELCOM), headed by Chairman Eliezer Capacio, to grant active and voting membership status to fifteen (15) basketball organizations nationwide. These qualified organizations are:

1. University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP)
2. National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
3. National Collegiate Athletic Association – South (NCAA-South)
4. Philippine Basketball Association (PBA)
5. Philippine Basketball League (PBL)
6. Cebu School Athletic Foundation, Inc (CESAFI)
7. National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities (NAASCU)
8. Small Basketeers of the Philippines, Inc (SBPI)
9. National Capital Region Athletic Association (NCRAA)
10. Women’s National Collegiate Athletic Association (WNCAA)
11. Cagayan De Oro Schools Athletic Association (COSAA)
12. El Federacion Basketbolista de Zamboanga
13. Baguio-Benguet Educational Athletic League (BBEAL)
14. Pinoy Basketball, Inc.
15. Cagayan De Oro Basketball Federation (CDOBF)

The organizations that did not make active membership status as at the Board Meeting date of 4th April have been given by the Board up to 15th April 2008 to submit their credentials and proof of qualification in order to render them eligible to vote in the National Congress scheduled for next month. The NOMELCOM will process such credentials and is expected to make the necessary recommendations to the Board by 25th April. Soon thereafter, the Board – acting through its Executive Committee – will announce the final list of validated active members and call for nominations for sectoral representatives to the Board of Trustees which will be elected in May.

ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP (68)
Note: I posted only the Cebu-based organizations

1. Mindanao Visayas Basketball Asoociation (MVBA) - c/o Coach Yayoy
2. M. Lhuillier Development Foundation, Inc (MLSDF) - c/o Coach Eddie
3. Cebu Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) - c/o ?
4. Visayas Amateur Athletic Association (VAAA) - c/o Coach Yayoy

thadzonline
04-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Sir Rico, I thought the CCAA was long defunct..It was the forerunner of the CAAA and CeSAFI..WOnder what the organization is about

bleachertalk
04-11-2008, 08:26 AM
That's true. The CCAA was the collegiate league before the CAAA. I confirmed this with Coach Boy Cabahug & Danny Duran lat night. We were all curious as regards who submitted the CCAA papers for accreditation. Hmmm ??? ??? ???

bleachertalk
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
The Visayas Amateur Athletic Association (VAAA) was also accepted as an active member of the SBP-BAP. Cebu thus has 2 collegiate leagues in.....

thadzonline
05-17-2008, 03:21 PM
good to know nakahabol ang VAAA

D_I_A
05-22-2008, 08:45 PM
good to know nakahabol ang VAAA

just wanna ask which is more credible ccaa or vaaa?

thadzonline
05-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I still have to check kung ano yang CCAA na yan..VAAA has had 2 good seasons thus far

D_I_A
05-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I still have to check kung ano yang CCAA na yan..VAAA has had 2 good seasons thus far

ang CCAA by yung kina Gullas / Cabahug? kasi mukhang identified ang VAAA with Lhuilier/ Alcoseba..correct me if i'm wrong...

thadzonline
05-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Gullas and Cabahug? havent heard of it...UV is part of both CeSAFI and VAAA

D_I_A
05-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Gullas and Cabahug? havent heard of it...UV is part of both CeSAFI and VAAA

before kasi, when Cebu was divided between Pilipinas Basketball and BAP, Gullas and Cabahug sided with Pilipinas Basketball while Alcoseba and Lhuilier with BAP. But it's great that they're in the same boat now for the sake of basketball unity.

thadzonline
05-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Gullas, Cabahug, Lhuillier and ALcoseba were never at odds naman...i only recall ang naging kontrobersyal ay Alcoseba(VAAA) vs. Tiukinhuy(CeSAFI) and of course later on yung pagpapatalsik kay Mr. Chao SY from the SBP..In Cebu its not whether you support BAP or SBP, ang gusto lang ng mga basketball leaders dito more basketball away from politics kaya SBP is welcome and even yung naging programs ng BAP like the NSBC, Intercities League...let Cebu be, wag nang lagyan ng kulay politika, we just want more basketball

D_I_A
05-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Gullas, Cabahug, Lhuillier and ALcoseba were never at odds naman...i only recall ang naging kontrobersyal ay Alcoseba(VAAA) vs. Tiukinhuy(CeSAFI) and of course later on yung pagpapatalsik kay Mr. Chao SY from the SBP..In Cebu its not whether you support BAP or SBP, ang gusto lang ng mga basketball leaders dito more basketball away from politics kaya SBP is welcome and even yung naging programs ng BAP like the NSBC, Intercities League...let Cebu be, wag nang lagyan ng kulay politika, we just want more basketball

i'm just curious about what's happening there in cebu.. nakakabasa lang ako from the net, i hope CESAFI and VAAA would have the similar tv coverage with what Manila-based leagues are receiving.

thadzonline
05-31-2008, 04:36 AM
plano ko nga I can do a live video stream using Mogulus, am still looking at Smart Bro if kaya

D_I_A
06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
plano ko nga I can do a live video stream using Mogulus, am still looking at Smart Bro if kaya

cge cge i shout mo na lang dito pag pwede para makapanuod naman yung mga taga NCR. Ty.

thadzonline
06-06-2008, 11:01 AM
@bleachertalk:

Is the CCAA not the brainchild of SCSIT coach Jojo Romarate? kasi they dont have a league they can call their own yet so probably they made one so they can have their own competitions

D_I_A
08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
@bleachertalk:

Is the CCAA not the brainchild of SCSIT coach Jojo Romarate? kasi they dont have a league they can call their own yet so probably they made one so they can have their own competitions

may i ask how many member schools and what these schools are?
are they affiliated with whom? SBP or BAP? thanks.