PDA

View Full Version : STI BASKETBALL

Mhel_Garrido
04-04-2008, 10:40 AM
As I write this new topic, I hope that STI Basketball will be known in the future as the best program outside the UAAP and NCAA. STI Basketball is a young program that we hope to further boost as we go nationwide with our grassroots recruitment.

Just last january, Coach Vic Ycasiano and I toured several cities and held tryouts to establish presence and hopefully good relations with other cities, municipalities and in the future schools with sound HS Basketball programs. We hope that this coming school year we can lay down the ground work of what we can call the "STI Machine" that will hopefully discover and develop student athletes.

I have been a long time basketball fanatic and recruitment and managing a team seems to be more enjoyable.

I will be posting here what STI Basketball seeks to do for Philippines Basketball. Feel free to add your thoughts.

Joescoundrel
04-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Mhel, maybe you should also hang around the UAAP and NCAA schools, you never know who among their recruits may or may not make their regular lineups. This is not a case of STI scrounging around for crumbs. There are actually some very talented players who for one reason or another just never make it to a UAAP or NCAA lineup, not even a B Team stint. For instance, how the heck did the likes of your Ramon Mabayo and Mike Cabangon ever escape the notice of UAAP and NCAA teams?

You should also communicate regularly with the folks running this site. They have a lot of good players who may never see a UAAP or NCAA lineup, sayang naman. For instance, there was a black kid who was at the practice of Ateneo last night who seems to have arrived way too late to take his admissions tests and enroll. You should give gameface_one a buzz, see if he's got any players out there looking for teams.

Mhel_Garrido
04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks Joe,
For the moment what we are establishing now is our own recruitment process. Remember we have 100 schools nationwide which gives us access to even the other places where UAAP and NCAA teams don't go to. My goal in the next two years is to establish basketball presence in as many STI schools nationwide. That way our own STI schools can recruit and hopefully bring in talents from their province to our Olympian national squad.

Just yesterday, we brought in six guys from Cagayan de Oro. One of them, a 6'4 small forward who is a poor man's Wesley Gonzalez, played for the STI College Cagayan de Oro Team.

Outcasts from the UAAP and NCAA are still welcome but for the moment we want to establish our own and like what I mentioned hopefully we can be known as the best basketball school outside these two leagues.

thadzonline
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
just my two cents..

While building a national program centered in Manila, why dont STI also look at the possibility of building teams in some places which are hotbeds of talents, say for example Cebu..This way, it will not only benefit STI but also in efect can raise the level of competition outside of Metro Manila..

Sam Miguel
04-11-2008, 10:47 AM
^ I agree with Thadz on this one. There is too much talent in the provinces and not enough breaks and opportunities for these kids. Sayang naman. They would also get a bonus: STI is arguably the premiere IT school in the country, imagine getting an education that makes you ready for Silicon Valley.

The_Big_Cat
04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
^ I agree with Thadz on this one. There is too much talent in the provinces and not enough breaks and opportunities for these kids. Sayang naman. They would also get a bonus: STI is arguably the premiere IT school in the country, imagine getting an education that makes you ready for Silicon Valley.

Silicon Valley? Why not put up a league, The Silicon Valley Conference.
The member schools could be Systems Technology Institute, AMA Computer University, Asia-Pacific College, East-Asia College, University of Asia and the Pacific and other IT schools.

:)

Sam Miguel
04-11-2008, 01:13 PM
^ University of Asia and the Pacific is a school for bankers is it not...? ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-11-2008, 01:16 PM
^ University of Asia and the Pacific is a school for bankers is it not...? ;D

Yes I agree but It has an excellent IT curriculum. It was then the Center for Research & Communications.
I almost went there in the early 90s.
;D

nastrans
04-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I heard that STI-Calamba will participate in the Nike Summer League.

Mhel_Garrido
04-11-2008, 10:19 PM
The past years saw most of the STI schools break ground in different areas. The STI team from Urdaneta Pangasinan took the UCAA title two years ago besting the top universities in that province. ANother notable school is STI CDO which beat Xavier U and lots of schools in CDO. STI CDO has suddenly become a respected basketball school in that area. STI Sta. Rosa won the SLCUA and is joining the Nike Summer League.
As you can see, we are now reaping the fruits of the efforts we have put in aligning all these basketball programs to the STI College Olympians (the STI National Team).
We identified certain areas nationwide in which we will try to scout for players and if budget will permit we will bring them here in manila to train them and hopefully develop them into student athletes. We have been to Baguio, La union, Laguna, Ormoc. Davao, and CDO in which we established a presence and hopefully create ties with certain schools who can help us with our recruitment. This year isasama namin ang Iloilo, BAcolod and CEbu na rin. Actually we are not really that keen in looking for prospects in CEbu. KAsi Cebu is like Manila for the people in Vismin. For those who cannot afford to make it to Manila they go to cebu first. Meaning a lot of players who are studying in Cebu are from different vismin areas also, what we want to discover is from where they come from and recruit there even before they reach cebu.

I am actually excited with all these things, lalo na if these players turn out to be PBA athletes in the future. I am praying that it will happen. But for now, laying down the foundation for this to happen is our immediate concern.

chinito_guy
09-02-2008, 01:35 PM
The past years saw most of the STI schools break ground in different areas.* The STI team from Urdaneta Pangasinan took the UCAA title two years ago besting the top universities in that province. ANother notable school is STI CDO which beat Xavier U and lots of schools in CDO. STI CDO has suddenly become a respected basketball school in that area. STI Sta. Rosa won the SLCUA and is joining the Nike Summer League.
As you can see, we are now reaping the fruits of the efforts we have put in aligning all these basketball programs to the STI College Olympians (the STI National Team).*
We identified certain areas nationwide in which we will try to scout for players and if budget will permit we will bring them here in manila to train them and hopefully develop them into student athletes.* We have been to Baguio, La union, Laguna, Ormoc. Davao, and CDO in which we established a presence and hopefully create ties with certain schools who can help us with our recruitment.* This year isasama namin ang Iloilo, BAcolod and CEbu na rin. Actually we are not really that keen in looking for prospects in CEbu. KAsi Cebu is like Manila for the people in Vismin. For those who cannot afford to make it to Manila they go to cebu first. Meaning a lot of players who are studying in Cebu are from different vismin areas also, what we want to discover is from where they come from and recruit there even before they reach cebu.

I am actually excited with all these things, lalo na if these players turn out to be PBA athletes in the future. I am praying that it will happen. But for now, laying down the foundation for this to happen is our immediate concern.

Sir Mhel marami po pala sa players ng Olympians ay galing Cagayan at sa South. If ever, for students nman from other STI branch pede ba magTryouts din sa team? I do believe kac na marami pang magagaling na STI student varsity from other STI schools at sa ibang Provinces. I am from Pangasinan and i have witnessed first hand kung panong ang isang NAASCU team (i will not name the university) recruits players from teams/school sa pangasinan. Nasabi kong first hand kac i was a former member ng coaching staff ng isang team natin sa North: STI-URDANETA STIngers(UCAA Champion 2006), (1st Runner-up UCAA 2007).
Grabe ang scouting din ng players dun, most of our prospects madalas nakukuha ng isang UAAP team, clue( It has produced the likes of PBA MVP Ildefonso, and PBA mainstay Tugade* ;D).

Ang siste ngaun eh di p graduate sa high school kinukuha na para maglaro sa juniors team nila, para magkaroon na ng residency (which is very clever in deed too bad wala pa tayo Junior Team).
Right now nasa Roster na ng team na ito ang mga sinasabi kong prospects sana noon for our team, pero may isa na pagkagraduate sa juniors naRecruit ng isang PowerHouse team ng UAAP, Green ang team color.

Bottom line:* I am a fan of the Olympians and i would love to see players from our region also to join STI's elite, especially yung mga talented talaga na naghihintay lang ng chance makapasok sa bigger leagues dito sa manila at makapag patuloy sa pagaaral. If ever you will conduct tryouts malapit sa Region ng Pangasinan, please notify me so that i can tell my former team and some of my former players (ung iba still playing in Urdaneta and ung iba kac pinapirate ng ibang team since 2 year courses lang ang offer ng STI-Urdaneta* may players kami na graduate at gagraduate na at the age of 18-19 years old na gusto pa sana makapagtapos ng 4 year course.* Sana lang mabigyan ng chance ang mga batang yun.*

Wishing a very fruitful year para sa STI Olympians and hope to see them in the Finals! Go Olympians! Go STI!

Mhel_Garrido
09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Pre
just email me agarrido@stihq.net and we'll figure out a way on how we can create opportunities to
recruit there
thanks

chinito_guy
09-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Pre
just email me agarrido@stihq.net and we'll figure out a way on how we can create opportunities to
recruit there
thanks

ok thanks sir Mhel!

thadzonline
09-11-2008, 08:32 AM
musta campaign ng Olympians?

Mhel_Garrido
09-16-2008, 11:10 PM
We are currently running second and the best team weve fought is the san sebastian cavite team
we will meet them this friday and hopefully make head way
we are one game ahead of the third placers so every win counts
hope we do good in the homestretch

thadzonline
09-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Good luck sa inyo pareng Bill, este, Mhel pala. We also start our semifinal against UV tomorrow, so good luck to us both

Mhel_Garrido
09-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Here is a nice article about the STI COLLEGE OLYMPIANS written by Business Mirror Columnist Rick Olivares.

http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/09222008/sports05.html

Hail to the Olympians

Wang-Bu
04-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Sir Mhel, magkakaroon na daw kayo ng Juniors sa NAASCU Season 9? May high school na pala ang STI? Sana pati na din Women's team magkaroon kayo para kompleto na sa lahat ng divisions ng NAASCU.

McCoy
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Tama si Wang-Bu sir Garrido, dapat magtayo rin kyo ng women's and junior team sa NAASCU.

ksi pangit nman kung concentarted lng ang STI sa men's basketball lalabas nyang na mahina ang sports program ng STI kung konti lng sports team nyo. may volleyball rin ba kyo? ninth season na ng NAASCU this year

and saan ba main school nyo dba dapat kung saan main dapat doon rin nag-aaral yun player ng team!? balita sa iba't-ibang location ng STI nag-aaral mga player na naglalaro sa NAASCU! ano yun selection team!?

Mhel_Garrido
04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Tama si Wang-Bu sir Garrido, dapat magtayo rin kyo ng women's and junior team sa NAASCU.

ksi pangit nman kung concentarted lng ang STI sa men's basketball lalabas nyang na mahina ang sports program ng STI kung konti lng sports team nyo. may volleyball rin ba kyo? ninth season na ng NAASCU this year

and saan ba main school nyo dba dapat kung saan main dapat doon rin nag-aaral yun player ng team!? balita sa iba't-ibang location ng STI nag-aaral mga player na naglalaro sa NAASCU! ano yun selection team!?

Yes Meron na kami Juniors team. We are taking things one step at a time.
Matagal na kami may volleyball team, 3 years ago nga nag runner up pa sa NAASCU.

YOu said saan ba main school nyo dba dapat kung saan main dapat doon rin nag-aaral yun player ng team!?
Are you familiar with the rules of the NAASCU?
Yes we have players studying in STI Las PInas, CUbao, Makati and Quezon Ave. as long as they meet the requirements in school and with the NAASCU I dont think there is a problem with that. Masama ba gumawa ng selection ng mga players? Sana wag kang comment ng comment kung hindi mo alam ang ruling sa NAASCU. The rule states that a member school with multiple branches can form a team with its athletes coming from different branches. Pwede naman gawin ng AMA, Informatics,CEU at San Sebastian iyan pero they don't, remember NAASCU liga namin hindi UAAP or NCAA. We have different set of rules.

And also to answer your question, STI does not have a "MAIN SCHOOL/BRANCH/CAMPUS." Some STI schools are bigger some are smaller pero pare parehong STI iyan,. Tignan mo ang Ateneo, DLSU, UP....ang tingin ng mga taga Manila mas magaling sila sa mga taga probinsya dahil "de Manila" sila. Sa STI kung minsan mas magagaling ang mga taga probinsya as proven in our academic competitions. Kaya pantay pantay lang ang tingin ng isat isa.

We are new to sports and it will take time for STI to create a full sports programs that can rival the big universities in the country, but remember 25 yrs pa lang ang STI and we hope that in the next few years mailatag na ang sports program namin.

Thanks

Joescoundrel
04-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Glory B bounced back with a 62 - 29 victory over NAASCU runner-up STI College in the ongoing FMC summer tournament at the La Consolacion gym in Manila.

Eman Monfort led the charge with efficient outside sniping as the Olympians of team manager Mhel Garrido played as if they were hungover in the worst way.

Both teams shot terribly from the field save for Monfort with Ateneo going 24% and STI an abysmal 19%.

Glory B could not get any separation until midway through the third period when they went up 40-18 after taking the half at 29-12, behind the efforts of former Eaglets Carlo Balmaceda, Alec Rivera and Kevin Gamboa. Rivera got into a bit of jawing with former San Beda Red Lion Martin Antonio.

Monfort led all scorers with 15 points including 3-4 shooting from trey range, while Gamboa, playing as a 5'9" power forward, had 12 points.

No one on the STI side even came close to double-digit scoring. It did not help that most of the Olympians showed up barely 10 minutes before the game started and got a pre-game dressing down from head coach Vic Icasiano.

christian
04-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Ano nangyari sa game na yan?

Mhel_Garrido
04-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Well, masaya ako for Ateneo but I am terribly disgusted with the way our team played.
I watched the video and sad to say we are back to square one.
Parang walang prinaktis ang mga players namin for the past five months

Hay naku.. they will hear from me! Hmp :(

Wang-Bu
04-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Sir Mhel, wala na ba sa inyo si Danganan (?) Sayang siya, makaktulong sana nung laro niyo kontra Ateneo at hirap kayo humagilap ng puntos sa laro na iyon. At hindi din ginamit nung laro si Juaminal, may iniinda ba ito?

fujitsu
04-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Sir Mhel wala ba kayong players from Davao basketball scene.

Mhel_Garrido
04-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Hmm..so far we haven't tapped our resources from DAVAO.
Unlike the STI CDO heads who are sportsminded and funds a good basketball team
our Davao STI is quite "Bagito" sa basketball...siguro in due time if ever

If I may ask, ano ba schools sa Davao na okay ang basketball program?

fujitsu
04-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Hmm..so far we haven't tapped our resources from DAVAO.
Unlike the STI CDO heads who are sportsminded and funds a good basketball team
our Davao STI is quite "Bagito" sa basketball...siguro in due time if ever

If I may ask, ano ba schools sa Davao na okay ang basketball program?

Univ. of mindanao has good basketball program. However, they underwent total overhaul of their team considering that it is becoming obvious that their players are not eligible. Holy Cross of Davao are also a force to recon with. Though they are a not stratospheric in height, they are athletic and does seem to get tired of pressing the opponent. Most of their players are from the juniors powerhouse Holychild School of Davao. You can inquire also from your GenSan Branch about players from Holy Trinity College in Gen Santos City.

Joescoundrel
05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
^ Wasn't former San Beda star Pong Escobal from Holy Cross of Davao? Maybe there are more like him there for STI.

Perhaps STI may also want to inquire if former Ateneo Team B and Ateneo De Davao player Conrad Fernando is interested in an IT career.

canmaker
05-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Pong also came from Holy Child HS, the acknowledged Davao HS/GS basketball powerhouse ... Joe/Mhel, tingnan nyo rin si Cyron Lozano at Miggy Solitaria, both back in Davao ... UM might still have a sibling of Samigue Eman in the lineup. And UP got a shooter from Rizal memorial College last year ...

=====

^ Wasn't former San Beda star Pong Escobal from Holy Cross of Davao? Maybe there are more like him there for STI.

Perhaps STI may also want to inquire if former Ateneo Team B and Ateneo De Davao player Conrad Fernando is interested in an IT career.

McCoy
05-03-2009, 12:54 PM
[quote=McCoy ]

Matagal na kami may volleyball team, 3 years ago nga nag runner up pa sa NAASCU.

YOu said saan ba main school nyo dba dapat kung saan main dapat doon rin nag-aaral yun player ng team!?
Yes we have players studying in STI Las PInas, CUbao, Makati and Quezon Ave. as long as they meet the requirements in school and with the NAASCU I dont think there is a problem with that. Masama ba gumawa ng selection ng mga players? Sana wag kang comment ng comment kung hindi mo alam ang ruling sa NAASCU. The rule states that a member school with multiple branches can form a team with its athletes coming from different branches. Pwede naman gawin ng AMA, Informatics,CEU at San Sebastian iyan pero they don't, remember NAASCU liga namin hindi UAAP or NCAA. We have different set of rules.

And also to answer your question, STI does not have a "MAIN SCHOOL/BRANCH/CAMPUS." Some STI schools are bigger some are smaller pero pare parehong STI iyan,. Tignan mo ang Ateneo, DLSU, UP....ang tingin ng mga taga Manila mas magaling sila sa mga taga probinsya dahil "de Manila" sila. Sa STI kung minsan mas magagaling ang mga taga probinsya as proven in our academic competitions. Kaya pantay pantay lang ang tingin ng isat isa.

We are new to sports and it will take time for STI to create a full sports programs that can rival the big universities in the country, but remember 25 yrs pa lang ang STI and we hope that in the next few years mailatag na ang sports program namin.

Thanks

Hindi me nagko-comment! ask ko lang kung saan ang pinaka-main branch ng STI at kung selection nga yun team ng STI sa NAASCU. now sabi mo nga wala kyong main branch en selection nga yun team nyo coz nasa rules ng NAASCU na pwede maglaro kahit galing sa ibang branch ng school mga player. nasagot mo nman ang tanong ko. pro yun sinabi mo na tingin ng mga taga Manila mas magaling mga Manila school kesa school sa probinsya, hindi me sang-ayon sa sinabi mo. remember dumadayo pa sa mga probinsya mga coaches ng Manila school para lang mag-recruit ng player.

chinito_guy
05-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Thanks

Hindi me nagko-comment! ask ko lang kung saan ang pinaka-main branch ng STI at kung selection nga yun team ng STI sa NAASCU. now sabi mo nga wala kyong main branch en selection nga yun team nyo coz nasa rules ng NAASCU na pwede maglaro kahit galing sa ibang branch ng school mga player. nasagot mo nman ang tanong ko. pro yun sinabi mo na tingin ng mga taga Manila mas magaling mga Manila school kesa school sa probinsya, hindi me sang-ayon sa sinabi mo. remember dumadayo pa sa mga probinsya mga coaches ng Manila school para lang mag-recruit ng player.

Bro i think you did post your comment. Sinabi mo na dapat ganito at ganyan read this:

Sad to say parang negative kac dating ng pagtatanong mo, anyways nasagot nman ng maayos ni sir Mhel.

McCoy
05-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Sorry...

eto comment ko "Tama si Wang-Bu sir Garrido, dapat magtayo rin kyo ng women's and junior team sa NAASCU.

ksi pangit nman kung concentarted lng ang STI sa men's basketball lalabas nyang na mahina ang sports program ng STI kung konti lng sports team nyo. may volleyball rin ba kyo? ninth season na ng NAASCU this year"

Den eto yun question na sinasabi ko.
"and saan ba main school nyo dba dapat kung saan main dapat doon rin nag-aaral yun player ng team!? balita sa iba't-ibang location ng STI nag-aaral mga player na naglalaro sa NAASCU! ano yun selection team!?"

medyo nega nga lng na tanong. pro sa sagot ni Mr.Garrido nalinawan nman yun tanong ko. at least hindi nrin magugulat yun mga hindi nakaka-alam rules ng NAASCU. na pwedeng selection from different branch ng isang school mga players na line-up ng isang team.

fujitsu
05-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Pong also came from Holy Child HS, the acknowledged Davao HS/GS basketball powerhouse ... Joe/Mhel, tingnan nyo rin si Cyron Lozano at Miggy Solitaria, both back in Davao ... UM might still have a sibling of Samigue Eman in the lineup. And UP got a shooter from Rizal memorial College last year ...

=====

Yep. Escobal is from Holy Cross of Davao. I saw Lozano recently and I think he has stopped playing basketball. The brother of Samigue is still with Univ. of Mindanao but pwedeng na ring pagtiyagaan. He is around 6'6 to 6'7. Perhaps you could take a look
at Holy Cross of Davao player John Nard Pinto.

fujitsu
05-04-2009, 06:18 PM

=====

Yep. Escobal is from Holy Cross of Davao. I saw Lozano recently and I think he has stopped playing basketball. The brother of Samigue is still with Univ. of Mindanao but pwedeng na ring pagtiyagaan. He is around 6'6 to 6'7. Perhaps you could take a look

Solitaria I has played with Ateneo team B before, so he might not be eligible anymore.

Mhel_Garrido
05-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks for all the referrals, hirap ngayon makakuha ng blue chip players kaya dapat makauna
kami sa recruitment

canmaker
05-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Per Dad of Cyron, yes, he has not been playing college ball, but he has been keeping in shape playing with semi-commercial league players ...

=====

[/quote]

canmaker
05-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Perhaps the "impact foreign player" route would be best for you ...

=====

Thanks for all the referrals, hirap ngayon makakuha ng blue chip players kaya dapat makauna
kami sa recruitment

Sam Miguel
06-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Mhel, I saw Mark Berry play for STI versus Informatics at the FMC. Will Berry have to sit out a year since he came from the UAAP?

chinito_guy
06-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Any news? may line up n po ba ang Olympians? Kelan start ng NAASCU??

tamarawz_14
06-17-2009, 10:49 PM

=====

i saw the brother of eman in FEU a month ago talking with mr. montinola....

Mhel_Garrido
06-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Finalizing the line up of the Olympians..enrolling everyone
tapos after the screening and everyone else is cleared
thats the only time that we will have a final lineup

July 18 ang opening ng NAASCU sa Cuneta Astrodome

fujitsu
06-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Finalizing the line up of the Olympians..enrolling everyone
tapos after the screening and everyone else is cleared
thats the only time that we will have a final lineup

July 18 ang opening ng NAASCU sa Cuneta Astrodome

good luck sir mhel. sana marami kayong pahihirapan.

Mhel_Garrido
06-22-2009, 01:32 PM
This is how I look at the teams this year come opening

1. SAN SEBASTIAN CAVITE (1)
2. STI COLLEGE (2)
3. LYCEUM OF SUBIC (3)
4. AMACU COMPUTER UNIVERSITY (5)
5. ST. CLARE COLLEGE (4)
6. UNIVERSITY OF MANILA
7. INFORMATICS
8. NEW ERA UNIVERSITY
9. CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY
10. OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY
11. PAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG PASAY
12. HOLY ANGEL UNIVERSITY
13. UNIVERSITY OF MAKATI

Hula lang po ito as of the moment. But as the tournament progresses siyempre may mga nasisilat etc
I just hope we wont digress at sana mag improve pa kami
GO STI

Joescoundrel
01-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Saturday January 16 at Lyceum Gym, Intramuros Manila

9:00 AM - STI versus FEU
10:30 AM - AMA versus Informatics
12:00 NN - Perpetual versus Fatima (Battle of the Mama Mary Schools!)
1:30 PM - Lyceum versus CEU
3:00 PM - Arellano A versus Adamson

Sunday January 17 at FEU Gym, R Papa Manila

10:30 AM - FEU versus JRU
12:00 NN - San Sebastian versus Mapua A
1:30 PM - Arellano B versus UP
3:00 PM - St Benilde versus San Beda

Saturday January 23 at Arellano Gym, Legarda Manila

9:00 AM - Informatics versus Arellano B
10:30 AM - Letran versus EAC
12:00 NN - Mapua B versus Fatima
1:30 PM - Lyceum versus San Sebastian
3:00 PM - Adamson versus FEU

Sunday January 24 at FEU Gym

9:00 AM - Mapua A versus UP
10:30 AM - Mapua B versus San Beda
12:00 NN - Perpetual versus St Benilde
1:30 PM - JRU versus Arellano A
3:00 PM - CEU versus AMA

Saturday January 30 at Arellano Gym

9:00 AM - Adamson versus STI
10:30 AM - Mapua A versus Letran
12:00 NN - St Benilde versus JRU
4:00 PM San Beda versus FEU (to be played at San Beda Gym as part of San Beda College FROLICS DAY)

Sunday January 31 at FEU Gym

9:00 AM - AMA versus UP
10:30 AM - Arellano A versus Mapua B
12:00 NN - Fatima versus St Benilde

All schedules may be subject to change without prior notice

Gameface is Philippine Basketball

Mhel_Garrido
04-16-2010, 08:52 AM
This year proves to be a good recruiting year. In the past I believe we had some problems on how we can recruit players but this year the good problem is who to cut. From last year's team the Olympians lost two centers, one shooting guard and two point guards. Obviously losing a veteran center and a veteran point guard is a big blow to any team. Since we have yet to finalize our line up all I can offer are descriptions on the players.

1. Ivan Moreno 6'3, Power Forward - from the Juniors team he is now elevated to the seniors team
2. Point Guard/Off Guard - former San Sebastian Stag andFormer Team mate of Eric Salamat
3. Point Guard from UST HS - ably backing up Cedric Labing-isa, this 17 year old guard fits the system of coach vic and will give significant contributions
4. A 6'1 forward from Arellano - from their Team B and was actually injured the whole of last year. He is a slasher type and will hopefully address the void left by Arnold Danganan last year.
5. A 5'9 Fil-am Guard - might be the x-factor this year is we land him. We are still negotiating with him and will hopefully have some leeway when he comes in late May.
6. A forward from out of the Philippines - 19 year old forward who is still a project and will most probably play center for the Olympians. If he adjusts well rigors of playing here in the country then he will have a dominating presence after two years. But it wouldnt hurt if he improves sooner.
7. 6'4 SF/PF from CDO - a former team mate of two Corpus Cristi Juniors players (Paul Sabacahan & Jason Intong) this forward will be the next big thing of the STI team when Daddy Mac graduates- good thing is that they will play for 3 years together.

fujitsu
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
This year proves to be a good recruiting year. In the past I believe we had some problems on how we can recruit players but this year the good problem is who to cut. From last year's team the Olympians lost two centers, one shooting guard and two point guards. Obviously losing a veteran center and a veteran point guard is a big blow to any team. Since we have yet to finalize our line up all I can offer are descriptions on the players.

1. Ivan Moreno 6'3, Power Forward - from the Juniors team he is now elevated to the seniors team
2. Point Guard/Off Guard - former San Sebastian Stag andFormer Team mate of Eric Salamat
3. Point Guard from UST HS - ably backing up Cedric Labing-isa, this 17 year old guard fits the system of coach vic and will give significant contributions
4. A 6'1 forward from Arellano - from their Team B and was actually injured the whole of last year. He is a slasher type and will hopefully address the void left by Arnold Danganan last year.
5. A 5'9 Fil-am Guard - might be the x-factor this year is we land him. We are still negotiating with him and will hopefully have some leeway when he comes in late May.
6. A forward from out of the Philippines - 19 year old forward who is still a project and will most probably play center for the Olympians. If he adjusts well rigors of playing here in the country then he will have a dominating presence after two years. But it wouldnt hurt if he improves sooner.
7. 6'4 SF/PF from CDO - a former team mate of two Corpus Cristi Juniors players (Paul Sabacahan & Jason Intong) this forward will be the next big thing of the STI team when Daddy Mac graduates- good thing is that they will play for 3 years together.

nice recruiting year indeed. i hope there's a player from durian city in your lineup. ;D

bchoter
04-17-2010, 01:15 AM
Mel I hope Storm makes it. He's a fiery PG who fits coach Vic's personality!

Mhel_Garrido
04-22-2010, 07:30 AM
BChoter

Coach Vic likes storm, he is our point guard of the future. As a rookie he has shown that he can run the show
I hope and i think he will make waves in the NAASCU. What I am excited about is that with our coaching team's
guidance he will be ready for the NAASCU and even against UAAP and NCAA guards in the future

Joescoundrel
01-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Happy New Year from the Fr Martin Cup!

All of these schedules will be played at Arellano Gym in Manila

Sunday January 9 starting at 9:00 AM - - -

Adamson v NU (Women)
UP v Fatima (Women)
JRU v Letran (Men)
TIP v Rogationist (Men)

Saturday January 15 starting at 9:00 AM - - -

CEU v Lasalle (Women)
UE v Lasalle (Men)
CEU v Adamson (Men)
Fatima v JRU (Men)

Sunday January 16 starting at 9:00 AM - - -

Fatima v St Benilde (Women)
NU B v St Benilde B (Men)
NU A v St Benilde A (Men)
Rogationist v STI B (Men)

Saturday January 22 starting at 9:00 AM - - -

St Benilde v CEU (Women)
Adamson v Letran (Men)
UE v San Beda (Men)
Fatima v Rogationist (Men)
EAC v Informatics (Men)

Mhel_Garrido
03-08-2011, 07:28 PM
After a forgetful stint in the 10th NAASCU the OLympians used the FMC III as a means to toughen its players and gain enough experience.

What we did was create two teams to give enough exposure to seldom used players in an effort to expedite their growth in basketball. The two teams had a mix of veterans and upcoming players below is the mix

TEAM A
Cedric Ablaza, Ivan Moreno, Elmer Labis, Abby Chavez, Oscar Crisostomo, Storm Riva, Jasper Melano
Carlo Saldana, Eric Sanchez, Vince Amparo, Mike De Leon, Jerome Ortega

TEAM B
Jerald Bautista, Norman Ihalas, Maclean Sabellina, Noel Ojandra, Keeno Alcantara, JC Po, RK Morales
Lester Bocablo, Erven Silverie, John Parinas, Macky Delorino, Wency Magampo, Bryan Daguplo, Arjay Napenas,

Take out the loss to San Beda and Adamson, the two teams played well against Mapua, La Salle, NU and held their own in considering they are definitely undermanned. Stay Tuned.

Joescoundrel
03-29-2011, 12:58 PM
SANDUGO COLLEGIATE DEVELOPMENTAL LEAGUE SET

Manila - Is there room for one more summer varsity basketball tournament? Nino Singco, a veteran of developmental basketball and sports development, certainly thinks so. "We thought there should be a tournament exclusively for the B Teams, a real developmental tournament," he explained.

Singco, the moving force behind the highly successful Futures Basketball League for kids, teamed with the very popular outdoor footwear and apparel maker Sandugo, to put together the Sandugo Collegiate Developmental League. They open on Monday 4 April at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum in Manila at 12:30 PM; admission is free and open to the public.

Seeing action in the tournament are the B Teams of Adamson University, Far Eastern University, and the College of St Benilde; also seeing action are STI College, Technological Institute of the Philippines, Colegio De Santa Monica and Trinity University of Asia. "We hope to give as many teams as possible exposure in the CDL," Singco said.

Opening day games pit St Benilde versus TIP at 2:00 PM followed by the 4:00 PM main game between Santa Monica and Adamson.

Please check the CDL Forum for other details.

Joescoundrel
11-17-2011, 10:15 AM
From the PCCL Media Center c/o Inquirer Sports - - -

STI, JMC forge Champs League duel

Cagayan De Oro representative STI and Jose Maria College of Davao City crushed separate rivals Tuesday to forge a finals showdown in the Mindanao Regional Championship of the Philippine Collegiate Champions League at the Almendras Gym in Davao.

The Olympians, who ruled the CDO league for the right to represent North Mindanao, overpowered Ateneo de Zamboanga, 111-94, while the Kings toppled General Santos City bet Holy Trinity College, 107-80.

The winner of the Olympians-Kings clash will face Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc. (Cesafi) champion University of Cebu in the Sweet 16 in Ormoc.

Southwestern U, the Cesafi runnerup, will meet the winner of the Visayas championship.
Tournament commissioner Joe Lipa said ABS-CBN Sports will air the regional championship games and Sweet 16 matches on Studio 23.

The Sweet 16 kicks off Saturday with University of Northern Philippines facing National U and La Salle tangling with University of Batangas.

Also assured of Sweet 16 berths are Ateneo, San Beda, Far Eastern U, San Sebastian, Adamson, Letran, University of Santo Tomas and Jose Rizal U.

Sam Miguel
11-29-2011, 08:38 AM
From Inquirer ___

PCCL: Webmasters, Olympians collide in Ormoc

The University of Cebu Webmasters and the STI Olympians tangle Tuesday in the Visayas-Mindanao leg of the Philippine Collegiate Champions League at the Ormoc Astrodome in Ormoc City.

The winner of the knockout duel between the Webmasters, back-to-back champions of the Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc. (Cesafi), and the Olympians, who topped the Mindanao regional qualifier, will take on the survivor of the match between Southwestern University and the Visayas regionals titlist.

Fighting for the Visayas slot at presstime were Iloilo champion University of Iloilo and Leyte titlist AMA Computer Learning Center.

The top two teams in the Visayas-Mindanao leg will then dispute a Final Four slot tomorrow with the winner earning the title of Southern Islands overall champion.

NCAA teams San Sebastian and Letran will contest the other semifinal slot for Luzon-Metro Manila also tomorrow after going through a grueling stepladder Sweet 16 in Manila.

As winners of the country’s top two college leagues, the four-time UAAP champion Ateneo Blue Eagles and the NCAA king San Beda Red Lions earned outright Final Four slots.

The Final Four starts on Dec. 5 at the FilOil-Flying V Arena in San Juan. The games will be aired live on Studio 23.

Sam Miguel
01-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Joe posted the 2011-2012 Fr Martin Cup Open conference schedules for the new year, please visit the thread for particulars.

scirocco montalban
01-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Happy New Year STI fans!

radiohead
01-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Happy new year din po sir scirroco!! 8)

scirocco montalban
05-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Merry Christmas ang April 30.