PDA

View Full Version : knights in season 84

calle_sorbetes
04-02-2008, 12:26 AM
so, what's up for the knights in season 84?
new guys on the team, guys that left the team, anything...

ilovedhay
04-02-2008, 09:33 PM
they will miss the services of Andro Quinday which already finished his eligibility and same with Brian Faundo. So the holdovers will carry the sword of a first knight will be former squires RJ Jazul, Ray Guevarra, Rey Dangcal, Kojak "Mr.Pogi" Melegrito and Anjo Latonio. Veteran and 2007 Mythical Five member Dino Daa. Bullstrong Schubert Reposar and Alywn Cabonce. This will be still be handle by coach and now on his 7th season Louie Alas. Definitely he will elevated from squires his son Kevin Alas and sweet shooting John Noble

Rafiboy_05
04-02-2008, 11:35 PM
si taplah (Letran Calamba) alam ko naka 1 year residency na sa Letran, nasa line up na yata sa season 84 then baka si Saleh Yousif (from San Beda) yung isa pang makakasama sa line up

si noble ba sa Letran amg-cocollege? si Jun Jun Alas lang kasi yung nakikita ko na nagprapractice kasama ng Team B.

Joescoundrel
04-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Kevin Alas and John Noble should be good additions for the Knights. Noble in particular seems to have been under the radar as far as recruiting goes. I believe he can be at least as good as Woody Co is now for UP since they have similar size and game, but Coach Louie needs to teach him better decision-making and shot selection because he won't get the easy ones in college that he got on sheer height and heft in high school. The young Alas should be at least as good as the likes of Borgie Hermida of San Beda and Mapua's Jonathan Banal, providing good energy and hustle at both guard spots off the bench.

marmand
04-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I like Noble's game. He can mixit up inside or outside. Did he graduate already? Surprising that his name was not floated around as one of the highly touted and sought after players.

ESCALERA JR.
04-07-2008, 07:57 PM
News is that Noble will not be suiting up for the Knights...he has not been seen scrimaging in practice sessions kahit sa Team B unlike one of the Alas bros.

Sayang kung pakakawalan ng Letran toh...all 3 of them could form the nucleus for Letran in a couple of years. Aside from their familiarity with their plays, maganda rin meron continuity ang laro nila sa mga darating na panahon nila as Knights.

Lets see what happens during the summer...baka magbago ang ihip ng hangin.

marmand
04-07-2008, 08:14 PM
What a pity if Letran loses him. He would really be a factor for the knights. If he ends up in the UAAP, hope he joins the eagles. ;D

razor
04-07-2008, 09:05 PM
^^ He's with la salle?

batangueño
04-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Saan kaya pumunta ang batang si Noble? ???

marmand
04-07-2008, 09:38 PM
^^ He's with la salle?

What? Got to talk to ____ to stop recruiting all the good players from Bacolod. ;) ( If I am not mistaken, Noble is from Negros )

batangueño
04-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, Noble has indeed gone to La Salle.

ilovedhay
04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Any idea kung sino sino ang nasa roster ng knights this season 84. Pero most likely kung sino ang mga naglalaro ngayon like Filoil, NSL and Father Martin yung na rin most likely about 90%.

LION
04-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Ang alam ko may tinatagong player ang Letran. He played in the recently concluded FMC but was never mentioned in any press releases. He mans the slot for Letran's Team B, is about 6'5, wide bodied, has good enough footwork and with good basketball sense. A slightly darker version of PJ Walshan.

No wonder Louie Alas is not really bothered by the unexpected departure of everybody's favorite player, Bryan Fauuuuuuuunnnndoooooooooo!

In addition to this, there is also a player in Team B who can make Bogart Melegrito obsolete. Mukhang hindi kaya ni Melegrito ito. About 5'10 - 5'11 tall and built like a bulldozer.

Hope our friends from Letran can give us more information.

mighty_lion
04-16-2008, 09:10 AM
^ I think you are referring to Cortez and Taplah. Kung sila nga, yah agree katawan pa lang pang defensive stopper yong mold. Yong Cortez maraming tumatalsik dun sa FMC. :D

LION
04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
These 2 players can take on Mark Pradas and Marvin Hayes. Yung guard (Taplah?) solid ang katawan. Taong Bato. ;D

bchoter
04-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I'll swear by Taplah din. Solid ang katawan. Pero hindi stiff.

boozer
04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm excited to see how Letran would fare with the JRU-FC Bombers. It's like watching American Football. The only difference is that players dribble the ball.

Tagal ng NC season. Tsk.

Sam Miguel
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
How in God's name did Letran lose John Noble...? I was always of the impression that Noble would go straight to the Knights. What happened?

marmand
04-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Same sentiments here. He would have bolster the line up of the Knights. He may not be their saving grace but at least another player to score, rebound and play defense on the likes of Ekwe. ( no match but another body to use 5 fouls on Ekwe )

The_Big_Cat
04-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Same sentiments here. He would have bolster the line up of the Knights. He may not be their saving grace but at least another player to score, rebound and play defense on the likes of Ekwe. ( no match but another body to use 5 fouls on Ekwe )

Noble is noble enough to go to taft considering the punishment he will receive from Ekwe if he stays with Letran. ;D

Joescoundrel
04-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Which means Noble will now be rewarded with the opportunities to guard the likes of Nonoy Baclao, Mac Baracael, Hans Thiele and Edwin Asoro in the UAAP. ;D

bchoter
04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
^ And Jervy Cruz ;)

The_Big_Cat
04-19-2008, 12:26 PM
^A llighter task for Noble physically. ;D

marmand
04-19-2008, 12:28 PM
^ Not if all the Fil-somethings and imports come in. ;)

stonecold316
04-19-2008, 12:48 PM
I was able to talk to Coach Alas and he seems upbeat of Letran's chances this year. Of course for him San Beda pa rin ang team to beat pero syempre lalaban ang Knights.

Sa mga bagong players, may chance na may idadagdag pa siya. Wait and see na lang raw.

stonecold316

stonecold316
04-19-2008, 01:04 PM
sorry, double posts.

Gusto ko Knights this year. Mukhang may tinatago si coach Alas.

stonecold316

ESCALERA JR.
04-19-2008, 07:39 PM
ganyan lang naman tlga si coach...lagi nakatago ang ALAS. He has manage to keep a low profile lalo na sa mga player na bago (para siguro hindi ma-scout masyado ng kalaban ;D

Since the exodus of Big Mac, E_Rod, Aldave Alcaraz etc...the knights have come out still a fighting team just short of winning another championship.

The past 2 seasons were considered a rebuilding stage but surprisingly Letran has manage more W's than L's.

Lahat kami umaasa na mas maganda ang kalalabasan nitong NC season 84.

Lets just wait and see.

stonecold316
04-20-2008, 01:54 AM
ganyan lang naman tlga si coach...lagi nakatago ang ALAS. He has manage to keep a low profile lalo na sa mga player na bago (para siguro hindi ma-scout masyado ng kalaban ;D

Since the exodus of Big Mac, E_Rod, Aldave Alcaraz etc...the knights have come out still a fighting team just short of winning another championship.

The past 2 seasons were considered a rebuilding stage but surprisingly Letran has manage more W's than L's.

Lahat kami umaasa na mas maganda ang kalalabasan nitong NC season 84.

Lets just wait and see.

Ako din coach. I would like to see the Knights win another crown. Kahit nagbabago ng players hindi nawawala sa fighting form ang Letran. Good luck sa susunod ng NCAA basketball season.

stonecold316

oca
04-20-2008, 11:58 AM
To derail SBC's hopes of a 3-peat, the Knights just a need a reliable second option in offense, if possible a third.* Hindi naman dapat 15+ pts a game from these 2nd and 3rd options. Kahit mag average lang ng 8 to 10 pts, laban na. Just someone who will keep opposing defenses honest and not zero-in on Jazul.

Though binibiliban ng marami ang depensa ni Alas, hindi ka mabubuhay sa depensa lang.

You force a turnover, it has no value if you can't convert at the other end. If you are ahead and you preserve it by your defense, well and good. Pero naroon na yung lamang mo- that's scoring...offense.

Dapat may katuwang si Jazul.

The_Big_Cat
04-20-2008, 01:18 PM
That's why I rate the Knights at the 4th spot in the NCAA.

My NCAA picks:

1. San Beda
2. JRU
3. Mapua
4. Letran

nastrans
04-20-2008, 09:41 PM
How about Rey Guevarra? It seems he has been doing well production-wise in the PBL and the preseason tilts although consistency is still the issue.

Nasa Letran na din pala si Junjun Alas, at least the Knights still have some banger inside although ewan natin pag San Beda na ang kalaban.

calle_sorbetes
04-22-2008, 03:18 AM
what do i like about the knights?
---consistency. final four appearances..even in the finals.

sad to hear about noble leaving the muralla-basd squad to go to the taft guys. ;D

Joescoundrel
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
JP BELENCION
ALVYN CABONCE
JAM CORTEZ
DINO DAA
REY DANGCAL
CLARENCE FORONDA
JOHN FORONDA
REY GUEVARRA
REYMAR GUTILBAN
RJ JAZUL
RHEYDAN LACAMENTO
ANJOE LATONIO
BOYET MELEGRITO
REGIN RANISES

These are the guys seeing action for Letran in the ongoing Fil-Oil. There are 14 of them. It looks like a smaller team. And no Junjun Alas there yet.

Would it be safe to say that these will be the same guys seeing action in Season 84? What's the lineup limit for Season 84?

Guys from last year that I no longer see there are Bryan Faundo, Miko Quinday and Hafer Mondragon. Did I miss any other departees?

calle_sorbetes
04-23-2008, 12:34 AM
though i've seen junjun alas play in the also on-going nike summer league. ;)

bchoter
04-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Last season he's been passive in some stretches and looked content on playing second fiddle to Jazul (na talaga namang mahusay with a take-charge mentality). But, lately, Guevarra has shown aggressivenes in the PBL. Baka ito na ang kasagutan sa consistent second option.

Regular Grey
04-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Hindi ba lalaro si Saleh Yousif?

BedanRoar
04-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Noble would have been a good addition for the Knights with Faundo missing S84. BTW, whats the story with Faundo? Will he be missed for one season only?

The_Big_Cat
04-23-2008, 04:40 PM
^Academics ang problema daw ni Faundo.

ilovedhay
04-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Hindi ba maglalaro yung Taplah? parang wala sa line-ups. Akala ko magaling na point guard yun

bugleboy
04-23-2008, 11:04 PM
JP BELENCION
ALVYN CABONCE
JAM CORTEZ
DINO DAA
REY DANGCAL
CLARENCE FORONDA
JOHN FORONDA
REY GUEVARRA
REYMAR GUTILBAN
RJ JAZUL
RHEYDAN LACAMENTO
ANJOE LATONIO
BOYET MELEGRITO
REGIN RANISES

These are the guys seeing action for Letran in the ongoing Fil-Oil. There are 14 of them. It looks like a smaller team. And no Junjun Alas there yet.

Would it be safe to say that these will be the same guys seeing action in Season 84? What's the lineup limit for Season 84?*

Guys from last year that I no longer see there are Bryan Faundo, Miko Quinday and Hafer Mondragon. Did I miss any other departees?

you missed mentioning kirk del rosario, who has been injured. re hafer mondragon, he has been out of the team since season 83.

LION
04-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Wala din si Reposar.

calle_sorbetes
04-24-2008, 05:20 PM
here's the knights' line-up in the on-going nike summer league:

LETRAN 4 REPOSAR, Schubert
6 LETRAN 5 LACAMENTO, Raydhan
7 LETRAN 6 GUTILBAN, Reymar
8 LETRAN 7 ALAS, Junjun
9 LETRAN 8 CABONCE, Alvyn
10 LETRAN 9 LATONIO, Anjoe
11 LETRAN 10 MELEGRITO, Kojack
12 LETRAN 12 DANGCAL, Rey
13 LETRAN 14 FORONDA, Clarence
14 LETRAN 15 DAA, Dino
15 LETRAN 16 FELENCION, Jp
16 LETRAN 17 RANISES, Regin
17 LETRAN 18 GUEVARRA, Rey
18 LETRAN 19 FORONDA, Jhon
19 LETRAN 20 JAZUL, Rj
20 LETRAN 21 CORTES, Jamieson
21 LETRAN 23 SORIANO, Marvin
22 LETRAN 24 ANG, Patrick
23 LETRAN 29 SALEH, Yousif

got this from get_blazed.

stonecold316
04-25-2008, 03:41 AM
Don't easily count out the Letran Knights. May mga alas pa si Coach Alas.
;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

ilovedhay
04-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Bakit wala si Taplah, both sa line-ups ng NSL at FlyingV

ponce
04-25-2008, 12:34 PM
My Letranite officemate has been telling me to watch out for a certain Tagarda this coming season. May tulog daw ang Red Lions namin if this guy plays for the Knights. Pardon my ignorance pero please give me some info about this guy. Medyo di ako familiar sa kanya. Thanx guys!

bchoter
04-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Lucas? He's migrated to UE via UST

King_stag
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
The former letran squire? He is a red warrior, i saw him play in FMC getting extended minutes against UST

razor
04-25-2008, 03:37 PM
My Letranite officemate has been telling me to watch out for a certain Tagarda this coming season. May tulog daw ang Red Lions namin if this guy plays for the Knights. Pardon my ignorance pero please give me some info about this guy. Medyo di ako familiar sa kanya. Thanx guys!

Tell your friend that we dont have to worry about Tagarda as he is already with UE via UST. In other words, nag-campus tour na. ;D

ESCALERA JR.
04-25-2008, 03:52 PM
My Letranite officemate has been telling me to watch out for a certain Tagarda this coming season.* May tulog daw ang Red Lions namin if this guy plays for the Knights.* Pardon my ignorance pero please give me some info about this guy. Medyo di ako familiar sa kanya.* Thanx guys!

Tell your friend that we dont have to worry about Tagarda as he is already with UE via UST. In other words, nag-campus tour na.* ;D

bka sa susunod naman makita yan sa ABS' Bahay ni kuya ;D

razor
04-25-2008, 04:22 PM
^ How about Green. Where's he now? I think batchmate sila ni Tagarda.

christian
04-25-2008, 09:43 PM
That Taplah guy is mysteriously missing ;D

King_stag
04-25-2008, 11:04 PM
That Taplah guy is mysteriously missing* ;D

Hmm maybe he is a part of gma's new show, survivor. ;D

calle_sorbetes
04-27-2008, 11:41 PM
i seriously don't know where is this taplah guy. to other knights out there, where is he?

ESCALERA JR.
04-28-2008, 10:27 AM
^ How about Green. Where's he now? I think batchmate sila ni Tagarda.

aYAW MAG-ARAL NG BATA...KAYA AYUN PALABOYLABOY SA MGA INTER-BARANGAY LEAGUES ???

Rafiboy_05
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
may rumors na sa season 85 pa siya (Taplah) ilalagay sa Team A kasabay ni Jujjun Alas pero rumors pa lang naman yun.

christian
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Sayang naman, i've seen this guy since last year pa, kakatakot to. Hmmm...

ESCALERA JR.
05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Meron ba tayong iba pang "tirador" maliban kay RJ Jazul?

Kulang sa suporta scoring-wise si Jazul. Aside from Rey Guevarra who is very inconsistent, sana meron pang ibang pumutok para hindi naman puro sa isang tao ang aasahan sa puntos.

Time for Gutilban, Daa and the new recruits to shine.

ilovedhay
05-25-2008, 05:12 AM
Ang laki ng improvement ni guevarra, we expect a lot from him. He reminds me of Michael Garcia and JC Intal. RJ Jazul will still provide a very good shooting and defensive prowess of Dino Daa. Parang silang Big Three ng Boston Celtics (Allen, Pierce and Garnett).

cub
05-25-2008, 01:27 PM
i saw Melegrito played for the Squires team against the Arao led Cubs in a replay few months ago. now, Arao has already graduated, so does this mean Melegrito will not play for Letran this season? or was he a 3rd year HS student dati?

The_Big_Cat
05-25-2008, 02:00 PM
i saw Melegrito played for the Squires team against the Arao led Cubs in a replay few months ago. now, Arao has already graduated, so does this mean Melegrito will not play for Letran this season? or was he a 3rd year HS student dati?

Present Knights Rey Dangcal and Rey Guevarra were also part of that Squires team.

LION
05-26-2008, 09:11 AM
AFAIK, Melegrito spent a year with Letran's Team B unlike Arao, thus, Melegrito will be able to complete his 5 year term only this coming season.

The_Big_Cat
05-26-2008, 11:32 AM
AFAIK, Melegrito spent a year with Letran's Team B unlike Arao, thus, Melegrito will be able to complete his 5 year term only this coming season.

Gusto daw kasi ni Louie Alas na "magpa-makeover" muna si Melegrito sa Team B para pag-akyat niya sa Team A ay "pogi" na siya. ;D :D

red_red
05-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Sa UE na ba maglalaro si Noble? Di ba naglaro na siya sa DLSU?

ESCALERA JR.
06-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Isang lingong tulog pa...bakbakan na naman.

Are the Knights ready for NCAA battle?

The off-season have proven to be a nice venue to try some new patterns, hone the skills of the 2nd unit and reinforce the leadership of veterans Jazul, Guevarra, Melegrito and co.

Time to test their armour against the Heavy Bombers of JRU...magandang labanan ito.

Kita-kits na lang sa Araneta

Arriba!!!

LION
06-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Isang lingong tulog pa...bakbakan na naman.

Are the Knights ready for NCAA battle?

The off-season have proven to be a nice venue to try some new patterns, hone the skills of the 2nd unit and reinforce the leadership of veterans Jazul, Guevarra, Melegrito and co.

Time to test their armour against the Heavy Bombers of JRU...magandang labanan ito.

Kita-kits na lang sa Araneta

Arriba!!!

Andito ka pala sa 'Pinas, sir. :)

ESCALERA JR.
06-21-2008, 11:57 AM
^hindi, sa Sept. pa ko uuwi...para panoorin ang SBC-Letran FINALS (iyon ay kung aabot kayo ;D)hahaha

Inaaliw ko lang sarili ko matapos panoorin ang BOSTON - L.A...sana ganon din katindi ang labanan natin.

Alam mo naman dito sa Down-Under, walang kabuhay-buhay, di masyadong pinapansin ang larong basketbol. Puros nalang cricket at rugby na di ko talaga ma-enjoy.

Mag-patalo naman kayo at paiinumin kita ng 1 case na Wolf Blas Red Wine 8)

Regular Grey
06-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Mga Kaibigang Letranista, so that you will know.
Thank you for the space.

Latest from inboundpass.com
“By banning Pascual, the ManCom committed a blatant injustice”

Posted: 21 Jun 2008 07:46 AM CDT

Editor’s note: Inboundpass.com received this letter from a lawyer who is, at present, a master of laws student of International Human Rights Law and Criminal Justice in the Netherlands. The sender has asked inboundpass.com not to divulge his/her identity. As such, inboundpass.com has decided to publish the letter in full, while providing two public documents that the sender furnished to us – the report of Mr. Henry Atayde, NCAA ManCom board member, and affidavit of Mr. Elvin Jake Pascual - both of which can be accessed here: atayde-pcu-report.rtf pascual-affidavit.rtf

Dear Mr. Abasolo:

Pardon my intrusion to your Multiply account. I have been searching for your official e-mail address on the Net to reach you. After an ardent search, your Multiply account was the closest I could get to.

I write to you to expose an injustice committed to one of the young players in the roster of the San Beda College Red Lions, Elvin Jake Pascual. Pascual was the 2006 NCAA Juniors Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Player awardee, playing for the Philippine Christian University Baby Dolphins. As you may know, PCU was suspended by the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) last year for various irregularities involving falsification of documents and identity switching among its athletes. Four players of the PCU Baby Dolphins were directly involved in these anomalies and have been banned from competition in the NCAA. Pascual moved to San Beda College. Subsequently, the NCAA recommended to San Beda not to include Pascual in its team last year because of certain concerns that were raised that may jeopardize the team. San Beda heeded this and as a sign of good faith, Pascual was not included in the Red Lions’ campaign in Season 83.

On June 5, 2008, the NCAA Management Committee (ManCom) issued a ruling to exclude Pascual from the official Season 84 line-up of San Beda’s seniors basketball team for violating the NCAA rule prohibiting graduating high school students who are repeaters from participating in any competition in the NCAA. Also, his purported submission of falsified documents to the NCAA became a reason for the ManCom’s ruling. As of this writing, San Beda has brought this case on appeal before the NCAA Policy Board.

In 2004, Pascual was sixteen years old and a fourth year high school student of St. Rose Catholic School in Paniqui, Tarlac. His brother brought him to Manila and encouraged him to apply for a basketball scholarship with PCU. On his own volition, he personally came to PCU with the intent to join its seniors basketball team, as he was, at that time, a graduating high school student. He was advised by a certain Pedro “Bong” Sales, head coach of the PCU Baby Dolphins, to repeat his third year of high school to gain experience and be familiar with Manila basketball. According to his sworn statement, Pascual was then instructed to officially drop out from his fourth year high school studies in St. Rose Catholic School in Tarlac, and to bring with him his second year high school report card to officially enrol as a third year high school student at PCU. Mr. Sales facilitated Pascual’s enrolment in PCU High School, enabling him to serve a one-year residency and play for a year with the Baby Dolphins. He succeeded in winning both the Rookie of the Year plum and Most Valuable Player honors in the Juniors Division that year.

From the antecedent facts, it may be inferred that there was no falsification involved in the case of Pascual as he submitted to Mr. Sales his authentic and genuine second year high school report card. Nor in any stage of this process did Pascual have any intent to repeat his third year of high school. There was no intent on his part to violate NCAA rules and regulations. As a minor who knew nothing about his chances to study in Manila, he was merely acting upon the advice of his future basketball coach. In fact, Mr. Sales, who was an athletics official in PCU, was in a position to know the regulations fairly well. The intent to falsify or undertake fraudulent acts must be imputed on Sales. For abusing the innocence and noble intent of Pascual, it is Sales who must be penalized and not the victim, who is Pascual.

The NCAA ManCom took as legal basis Rule 1.2.4 of the NCAA By-Laws to exclude Pascual from the Red Lions line up. It is the contention of San Beda that this rule, which provides that a GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT who is a REPEATER be deemed ineligible to compete in any NCAA tournament (emphasis mine), shall apply only to a current high school student and not to Pascual, who is now a bona fide graduate of PCU High School, and a bona fide student currently enrolled in twelve academic units in San Beda College. This is in faithful compliance with Rules 1.2 and 1.3 of the NCAA, which also concurrently apply to athletes in the Juniors and Seniors Divisions. Pascual’s status as a graduate of PCU High School and his eligibility to play in the Seniors Division was validated by Mr. Henry Atayde in an investigation he headed, one commissioned by the NCAA as well.

Finally, the NCAA ManCom used against Pascual the very facts that he declared to be the best of his knowledge in an affidavit he, together with San Beda College, voluntarily executed and submitted to the NCAA. This was initiated by San Beda to clarify any involvement he may have had with the PCU anomaly. With this affidavit, Pascual actually helped the NCAA gather more information leading to the responsible officials who directly took part in the fraudulent acts. Even in courts of law, an offender, who has collaborated with authorities through his testimony, is lawfully discharged from his case as a state witness. By banning Pascual on the basis of his own statements and readmitting his former Alma Mater PCU to play this season, the ManCom committed a blatant injustice by violating his right against self-incrimination.

I humbly seek your able assistance, hoping that this narration of facts merits the attention of our media, whether through print, broadcast or cyberspace, in fighting the injustice committed on the defenseless. Elvin Jake Pascual left his home in Paniqui, Tarlac, as a sixteen-year-old to secure an education with only his basketball prowess to offer. He took his chances, all knowing that his parents – his father, a tricycle driver and his mother, a simple housewife – were not financially equipped to give him this opportunity. With your help, it is hoped that the dream of this upcoming basketball star lives on.

Thank you for your valuable attention.

calle_sorbetes
06-24-2008, 02:13 AM
LET THE GAMES BEGIN ON SATURDAY.
First blood, the Bombers!

knight38
06-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Well Regular Grey, based from what I read on today's newspaper, Pascual and the Bedan's prayers where heard! It will be exciting to see him don the Red Jersey against the Knights. Good luck.

LION
06-24-2008, 08:52 AM
^hindi, sa Sept. pa ko uuwi...para panoorin ang SBC-Letran FINALS (iyon ay kung aabot kayo ;D)hahaha

Inaaliw ko lang sarili ko matapos panoorin ang BOSTON - L.A...sana ganon din katindi ang labanan natin.

Alam mo naman dito sa Down-Under, walang kabuhay-buhay, di masyadong pinapansin ang larong basketbol. Puros nalang cricket at rugby na di ko talaga ma-enjoy.*

Mag-patalo naman kayo at paiinumin kita ng 1 case na Wolf Blas Red Wine 8)

Jacob's Creek na lang, sir, ok na sa akin.

With Louie Alas coaching the Knights, an upset against SBC is always possible.

BedanRoar
06-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Most likely a Letran vs San Beda Showdown in S84 Finals!

LION
06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Agree. San Beda vs. Letran. Letran vs. San Beda. Let's have a trilogy.

ESCALERA JR.
06-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Make that Juniors and Seniors...para sulit ang pamasahe pag-uwi :D

mighty_lion
06-24-2008, 04:43 PM
^ They only way possible yan sir is ipa-kidnap natin si Bringas. Itago sa liblib na lugar at October na pakawalan. ;D

christian
06-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Bigyan natin round trip ticket sa Jolo... Joke!

full battle gear
06-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Letran coach ranks team as ‘third seed’

By JP ABCEDE
www..mb.com.ph

If you ask coach Louie Alas about Letran’s chances in the coming NCAA basketball tournament, he would put the Knights where he feels it belongs – "third seeds."

"We are just third seeds," Alas said as he rattled off the teams he considers ahead of Letran in the rankings.

Alas said reigning champions San Beda College is the top seed.

After that, he mentioned Mapua, Jose Rizal University, Philippine Christian University, and San Sebastian College Recoletos as tied at second.

Finally, he bunches Letran along with College of Saint Benilde and University of Perpetual Help Dalta System at third.

That actually puts Letran in sixth place among eight competing schools.

"We have to beat (the second-tier teams) for us to make the final four," Alas adding that reaching the semifinals this season would be an achievement.

He based his assessment on his wards’ performance in the pre-season tournaments last summer.

In the Fr. Martin Cup, the Knights were soundly beaten by Arellano University in the finals and were also eliminated in their group stage in the Nike Summer League. They forfeited their games in the Filoil Invitational due to a "conflict on schedule".

Alas was particularly disappointed with his stint Filoil tournament.

"May pinipili silang pinagbibigyan," said Alas referring to the organizers.

He said that while other teams were able to have weeks off and their games rescheduled, his request for a one-day adjustment was denied.

Nevertheless, the multititled coach sees some light ahead.

He was satisfied with his players’ showing in their tune-up games against University of Santo Tomas, University of the Philippines, and the Laguna Stallions of Liga Pilipinas.

Alas also hopes the tightness of the competition would favor them in the long run, saying his boys are physically and emotionally in top condition.

"Collegiate baskeball is very unpredictable," he said. "Kahit ano pwede mangyari."

Letran lost big men Bryan Faundo and Schubert Reposar and it now has to rely on brothers John and Clarence Foronda, Regin Ranises, Jam Cortez, and Dino Daa for inside presence.

Still, Alas has a pair of veteran players Rey Guevarra and RJ Jazul can be the team’s take-charge guy at a given time and day. Both have toughened themselves up while playing in the PBL the past three conferences.

"Naniniwala ako sa desire ng mga Knights," he said.

That will be partly answered when the Knights collide with the Heavy Bombers on Saturday.

-insane-
06-25-2008, 03:38 PM
pa humble effect hihihi

gfy
07-02-2008, 10:14 AM
I think Letran is taking a page off the UE playbook by relying largely on outside shooting. Remember UE beat San Beda. And since they are not big inside, they don't have any choice.

mighty_lion
07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
^ True. I think most NCAA teams will exploit the perimeter defense of the Red Lions this season. Mapua utilized this strategy during the opening game but Menor did a great job on containing KDP, the catalyst of MIT's outside shooting. KDP had hard time hitting his outside shots and his teammates followed resulting to a poor team outside shooting. Letran should expect Menor to guard Jazul one-on-one and all of its shooters should take it as an opportunity to step up. Eto yong edge ng UE, kahit bantay sarado yong marque outside shooters (Martinez and Arellano) nila all else can step up and hit the J with consistency.

The_Big_Cat
07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
This is the style Louie Alas wants to do all season long. Run-and-gun.
Dribble penetration and kick-out to the perimeter. Parang South Korean basketball.
Even the big men has the license to shoot, Cabonce and Daa. Dino converted 2 triples in the opening game.
Basta libre, expect them to shoot right away.

LION
07-02-2008, 12:12 PM
^ True. I think most NCAA teams will exploit the perimeter defense of the Red Lions this season. Mapua utilized this strategy during the opening game but Menor did a great job on containing KDP, the catalyst of MIT's outside shooting. KDP had hard time hitting his outside shots and his teammates followed resulting to a poor team outside shooting. Letran should expect Menor to guard Jazul one-on-one and all of its shooters should take it as an opportunity to step up. Eto yong edge ng UE, kahit bantay sarado yong marque outside shooters (Martinez and Arellano) nila all else can step up and hit the J with consistency.

Effective lang yun ganong offensive strategy ng ibang teams when the RLs are employing a zone defense. But note that in the recent off-season games, the RLs displayed that they also have an effective man-to-man defense.

lekiboy
07-02-2008, 01:10 PM

Effective lang yun ganong offensive strategy ng ibang teams when the RLs are employing a zone defense.* But note that in the recent off-season games, the RLs displayed that they also have an effective man-to-man defense.

i do not think we will employ the zone defense anymore in this season - we have 15 players to do man to man the whole nine yards... i shoudl know :):):)

LION
07-02-2008, 01:52 PM
That's the coach speaking. 8)

christian
07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Hehehe! Go coach!

gfy
07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
The Knights,especially the shooters, are made to shoot 200-300 times everyday ;). So I was told.

lekiboy
07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
The Knights,especially the shooters, are made to shoot 200-300 times everyday* ;). So I was told.

sana pag nagmintis, ma-rebound nila... :)

LION
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
The Knights,especially the shooters, are made to shoot 200-300 times everyday* ;). So I was told.

An daming bola nun, sir. ;D

-insane-
07-03-2008, 06:04 PM
hehehe

ESCALERA JR.
07-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Next game for the Knights against the PCU Dolphins, parang unpredictable.

Kung tutuusin, si Jason Castro lang ang nawala sa core ng PCU while the rest of the guys that placed runner-up in 2006 and who knocked us out in the semis are still there eg. Beau Belga, Amparado and David. with their coach Dualaan.

PCU is still a strong, formidable team. Huwag sana balewalain oisang tabi...baka tayo madisgrasya ???.

cub
07-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Kung tutuusin, si Jason Castro lang ang nawala sa core ng PCU while the rest of the guys that placed runner-up in 2006 and who knocked us out in the semis are still there eg. Beau Belga, Amparado and David. with their coach Dualaan.

Sir, Espinas played his last season in 2006. PCU's 1st and 2nd option are now gone. Garrido also contributed much to that 2006 PCU team.

-insane-
07-07-2008, 05:55 PM
kaya nmn cguro ng lc ung pcu lalo na ngayon mejo kabisado na ni JAZ ung cuneta nd la nmn c castro eh

ESCALERA JR.
07-07-2008, 06:37 PM
kaya nmn cguro ng lc ung pcu lalo na ngayon mejo kabisado na ni JAZ ung cuneta nd la nmn c castro eh

brother insane, #1 House Rule: Please refrain from using TEXT speak here. Feel free to write down your thoughts in english, tagalog or any dialect...Huwag langiyang parang nag te-text. All right!

Back to regular programing...

A Letran W by a double digit ;D

Regular Grey
07-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Well Regular Grey,* based from what I read on today's newspaper,* Pascual and the Bedan's prayers where heard!* *It will be exciting to see him don the Red Jersey against the Knights.* Good luck.

Thank you very much po. Good Luck din sa Knights. 2 - 0 na kayo. Sana sa wed ganun na din kami.
Sana nga totoo - See you sa finals.

stonecold316
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
The Knights just won over the SSC Stags, 71-67. Ang galing talaga ng team na ito.
Dino Daa was best player with 26 points, 17 rebounds ans three assists.

Anyway, what's happening with SSC? Sa pre-season ang lakas nila pero right now latak sila. Hay.

ilovedhay
07-16-2008, 04:50 PM
were no.1...most likely. Arriba Letran!

calle_sorbetes
07-16-2008, 10:18 PM
ARRIBA LETRAN!
Number 1 again in the standings. :D

Next Joust: UPHR Altas

Joescoundrel
07-17-2008, 10:09 AM
CONTRASTING FORTUNES

San Sebastian was a ggod news-bad news deal yesterday at the Cuneta Astrodome. In the junior division the defending champion Golden Staglets came through with a 79-70 victory over the Letran Squires. In senior action the Golden Stags were edged by the Letran Knights 71-67.

Bull-strong power forward Arvie Bringas led the charge for the Staglets early on as San Sebastian established their size advantage right away. Helping out the 6-foot-4 Bringas inside were 6-foot-6 stick man Yutien Andrada and 6-foot-5 center-forward Jeric Estrada. Bringas, Andrada and Estrada were blocking shots, altering shots they didn't block and controlling the boards with relative impunity against the smaller Squires.

With the three San Sebastian bigs clogging the lanes and the Letran post players at a disadvantage the Squires tried to go to the run and gun game. Main gunner Kevin Alas however was off in this game as he failed to find the range. He tried all the tricks - running off the staggered screens, leaning into the hand-off pass, even trying to set himself up with his own dribble - but the Staglets' perimeter defense was simply all over him.

San Sebastian's perimeter took it strong to the Letran perimeter right from the get go as Kervin Ortuoste, Almond Vosotros, Raffy Gusi and JM Trinidad attacked the power zone, filled the lanes quickly on transition, and basically played hard attack basketball from start to finish as they gave the Staglets a big 58-42 lead late in the third period on a variety of layups.

Letran tried to come back behind the efforts of high leaping forwards Glenn Kobunting and Jeff Ongteco and the frenetic play of pointguard Roy Sumang, but it just wasn't enough as Gusi, Andrada, Bringas and Marco Cam held off any Letran attempts to rallye. Bringas had 17 points and 11 rebounds to go with two blocks while Ortuoste added 16 points and three steals for the Staglets.

Kobunting had a game high 20 points and nine rebounds for the Squires, Sumang added 15 points.

In the senior game San Sebastian hung around and even came back from double digit deficits but just could not find the winning formula as they bowed to Letran. Dino Daa played the game of his life and took nearly the entire Stags roster with him on every play. Underrated forward Alvyn Cabonce also asserted himself and provided support when Daa needed a blow.

Jim Viray, Franz Delgado and Pamboy Raymundo led the Stags to an early 11-4 lead and kept that lead for the better part of the first half. Great ball movement, shooting from the field and quick help on the match-up zone confounded the Knights in the early going. Coach George Gallent went to the quick lineup to try and match up better against the athletic Letran roster and succeeded for about two and a half quarters.

In the second half however the Knights recovered as they adjusted their coverage along the perimeter to stymie the Stags' shooters. Rey Guevarra, RJ Jazul and Rey Dangcal then ran off on transition and gave the Knights a 42-36 cushion midway through the third period.

Froilan Saquillo and Jimbo Aquino shot the Stags back into the game 58-56 midway through the fourth period and San Sebastian looked ready to pull an upset. Daa, Cabonce and John Foronda however held strong inside to rpevent any further incursions and the Knights caught the good bounces in the last minute and a half of play for the final count.

Daa had career numbers of 26 points and 19 rebounds while Cabonce added 14 markers. For the Stags Aquino had 13 and Saquillo 12.

The_Big_Cat
09-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Sino-sino ba ang mawawala for the Letran Knights after Season 84? ???
Aside from Dino Daa, who are the others?

The_Big_Cat
09-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Carl Melegrito gave a karate chop to the head of Mark Cagoco at the end of the play after the buzzer.
That should have been an unsportsman foul.

-consecrated-
09-23-2008, 05:28 PM
ano ang pangalan ng new Big Man sa Knights? :)

-insane-
09-28-2008, 04:11 PM
sinong bigman yun