PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Trash Talkers Of All Time (UAAP)

Dark Knight
02-13-2008, 10:39 PM
The 'All Time' in the thread title kinda erratic since most of us here (i may be wrong) probably didnt witness the pre 80's or even pre 90's UAAP wars.

But in case you do or even in just recent memory, who do you think are the great trash talkers of UAAP? Players that will get in your nerves and will prompt you to wait for him outside the venue and punch him right in the face. :D ;D ;D (kiddin')

La Salle - Cardona
Ateneo - Gonzales, Tenorio
UE - Artadi
FEU - Bacani

nash_bedista
02-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Ateneo - Jai Reyes
DLSU- Maiehoffer
NU - Jhanke >:( and Fernandez
UE - Espiritu
Adamson - of course Cabahug

cub
02-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Mac Cardona! ;D

shyboy
02-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Arwind Santos - FEU
Mark Abadia - Adamson
Ronald Tubid - UE
Al Hussaini - Ateneo (pinaka-walang karapatan mag-trash talk!) :D
Badjie del Rosario - Ateneo

Scout
02-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Wesley Gonzales numero uno!

Mac Cardona and Joseph Yeo

Arnold Booker and Paul Artadi, Ronald Tubid

Arwind Santos

stonecold316
02-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Pansin ko lang na walang thrash talker among UST players na nababanggit so far ah? hahaha!

Actually, meron ako naaalala na Tiger who played for UST in the 1999 season. His name was Jeff Valeriano. His rivalry against Ateneo's Rich Alvarez was one for the books dahil ilang beses na sila muntik na magsuntukan. I consider Jeff as the RP version of Dennis Rodman kasi ang galing niya talagang mang-asar ng player. Hehehe.

Anyway, para sa akin ang Number 1 trash-talker would be Mac-Mac Cardona of De La Salle. Second would be Ronald Tubid ng UE then Wesley Gonzales ng Ateneo. I'm sure naalala ninyo ang rivaly ng tatlo na ito sa UAAP. Mga pang-asar lahat pero they can back their big mouth with big plays inside the hard-court. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

NY
02-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Jet Nieto

stonecold316
02-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Jet Nieto

Sino si Jet Nieto? Please give us a brief background of the guy and why did you consider him as the greatest trash talker of all time in the UAAP. ;)

Welcome nga pala sa Gameface.

stonecold316

5FootCarrot
02-14-2008, 01:33 PM
stonecold, Jet Nieto played for the Blue Eagles in the late 1980s. (I think he was part of one or both of the '87-'88 championship teams.) He figures prominently in the BEN's "Bad-@$$ Blue Eagles" thread (read it here (http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=203.0)).

IIRC, Jet forwent his last year of eligibility to go to medical school. So if you're going to try and engage him in trash-talking now, better address him correctly - that's "Dr. Jet" to you! ;D

lurkinggood
02-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Jet Nieto

Sino si Jet Nieto? Please give us a brief background of the guy and why did you consider him as the greatest trash talker of all time in the UAAP. ;)

Welcome nga pala sa Gameface.

stonecold316

Kay Jet, asar-talo ka.

I remember one time against La Salle in a deadball situation, Dindo Pumaren called his team mates for a huddle in mid-court. I suppose Dindo wanted to talk about a mini-game plan with his La Salle team mates. Jet (in a confident, sarcastic manner) sneaked in and joined the huddle to listen! Yes, he was there all blue, listening to what Dindo was telling his team mates!

The La Sallites tried to push him away, pero si Jet.... kebs! Kulang na lang, sipain sya ng mga Lasalista! ;D

Not sure though if he trash talked that time... (just to be on topic... ;))

stonecold316
02-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the info about the guy. Nung nag-start ako manood ng UAAP, kainitan ng rivalry ng Ateneo at DLSU nung 87-88. Ang kilala ko lang talaga nung time na yun was Danny Francisco and Jun Reyes for Ateneo and Jun Limpot, John Cardel and Dindo Pumaren for DLSU. Hindi ko kasi na encounter ang name ni Jet Nieto pero base sa mga description ninyo sa mama, eh mukha talagang mahirap makabangga siya. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

stonecold, Jet Nieto played for the Blue Eagles in the late 1980s. (I think he was part of one or both of the '87-'88 championship teams.) He figures prominently in the BEN's "Bad-@$$ Blue Eagles" thread (read it here (http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=203.0)).

IIRC, Jet forwent his last year of eligibility to go to medical school. So if you're going to try and engage him in trash-talking now, better address him correctly - that's "Dr. Jet" to you! ;D

a_ron
02-15-2008, 12:35 AM
JAy Alabanza correct me if I am wrong, he is the best trash talker to BJ Manalo..

blueatheart
02-15-2008, 01:33 AM
cardona and yeo of dlsu
gonzales and salamat of ateneo

5FootCarrot
02-15-2008, 07:44 AM
I remember one time against La Salle in a deadball situation, Dindo Pumaren called his team mates for a huddle in mid-court. I suppose Dindo wanted to talk about a mini-game plan with his La Salle team mates.* Jet (in a confident, sarcastic manner) sneaked in and joined the huddle to listen! Yes, he was there all blue, listening to what Dindo was telling his team mates!

The La Sallites tried to push him away, pero si Jet.... kebs! Kulang na lang, sipain sya ng mga Lasalista!* ;D

May pinagmanahan pala si Alec Rivera... ;D

Anyway, going back to the topic, in my experience the greatest trash-talker of all time has to be Wesley Gonzales. He put a lot of thought into the things that came out of his mouth on the court :P The others whom I know like to jaw at their opponents are mere pretenders to the throne.

mighty_lion
02-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Bakit puro players? Wala bang trash talker na coach? :D

Dark Knight
02-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Not in UAAP but Yeng Guiao best fits the description mighty lion. ;D

GHRanger
02-15-2008, 10:01 AM
I think both Coach Pido and Aric have had their episodes in this area. :)

How about a slight modification to the thread? Trash tallking duos...

Mac Cardona (DLSU) vs Wesley Gonzales (ADMU)

Dark Knight
02-15-2008, 10:08 AM
I think both Coach Pido and Aric have had their episodes in this area. :)

How about a slight modification to the thread?* Trash tallking duos...

Mac Cardona (DLSU) vs Wesley Gonzales (ADMU)

Anyway you want it sir. ;D

Regarding Aric, he's also trash talking to his own players. :D

michaelangelo_kid
02-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Trash talking is not right. It will never be. To think that some of these trash talkers even pray before the game and do the sign of the cross everytime they are fielded in. ::)

oca
02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Teka muna, let's clarify some things here. To talk trash doesn't necessarily mean one has to commit sin. To talk trash doesn't mean "magmura". You don't even threaten to kill or kidnap your opponents gf if he converts a free throw.... ;D

A way of talking trash is to challenge your defense to stop you on your next attempt to the basket, then you say something sweet and blow a kiss to his direction if he fails to do so.* ;D

Edited: spell check lang.

GHRanger
02-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Teka muna, let's clarify somethings here. To talk trash doesn't necessarily mean one has to commit sin. To talk trash doesn't mean "magmura". You don't even threaten to kill or kidnap your opponents gf if he converts a free throw.... ;D

A way of talking trash is to challenge your defense to stop you on your next attempt to the basket, then you say something sweet and blow a kiss to his direction if he fails to do so.* ;D

It's all about getting into your opponents head. Heck, even saying "Ang cute cute mo.. (sabay kindat)" would do... hahahaha... :)

JonarSabilano
02-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Heck, even saying "Ang cute cute mo.. (sabay kindat)" would do... hahahaha... :)

Nangyari na sa akin dati ito. High school dorm league game, 1997. Pramis, nakaka-disturb talaga, lalo na't 6-footer ang nagsabi sa akin nun...

MonL
02-15-2008, 12:25 PM
If getting into opponent's heads would be a prime indicator, then Seph Canlas would rank among the top five dahil kinuyog siya ng UP players sa isang laro noon sa UAAP.... ;D

bchoter
02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Tubid wasn't just a trash talker. He was also a "spit" fire the late Tembong Melencio and Onchie Dela Cruz would be proud of.

nel
02-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Is that why rubbing alcohol was always on hand on the opponents' benches during his time? It's funny, but some sportscasters persisted in calling him the "saint" despite his less than savory behavior. Talk about split level religion - he crosses himself then proceeds to employ his unhygienic tactics on his opponents.

JonarSabilano
02-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Is that why rubbing alcohol was always on hand on the opponents' benches during his time? It's funny, but some sportscasters persisted in calling him the "saint" despite his less than savory behavior. Talk about split level religion - he crosses himself then proceeds to employ his unhygienic tactics on his opponents.

He was called "The Saint" because he was the model for images of the then newly-beatified Blessed Pedro Calungsod, who was reportedly born in Tubid's hometown.

LION
02-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Me thinks that the example given by oca is not trash talking at all.

There are really players and coaches who utter obscenities on court and this is literally trash talking. I agree that trash talking should not be encouraged.

Lintek sa juniors pa nga lang ang dami ko nang nakikitang mga manlalaro na trash talkers. Masakit sa mata at sa tenga. ;D

oca
02-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Basically, trash talk is talk that is not essential to the game.

That was how it was when they first referred to this kind of talk. But it has evolved. Has since been imitated by locale players. Ibinibida at pinagyayabang pa nga ng iba.

But before, any player who talks that much oncourt is bound to receive this compliment from the stands,"Pu t@ng 1na mo.... ang daldal mo , daig mo pa ang bakla!"

LION
02-15-2008, 06:02 PM
^ ;D ;D

MonL
02-16-2008, 05:37 AM

Never improved the game. Never will.

danny
02-16-2008, 05:45 AM

Opo, kuya.* ;)

danny
02-16-2008, 05:53 AM

That was how it was when they first referred to this kind of talk. But it has evolved. Has since been imitated by locale players. Ibinibida at pinagyayabang pa nga ng iba.
But before, any player who talks that much oncourt is bound to receive this compliment from the stands,"Pu t@ng 1na mo.... ang daldal mo , daig mo pa ang bakla!"

"Binibida at pinagyayabang..."* *Should athletes trash talk on the first place? Hindi ba yan unbecoming of a collegiate* athelete?

Ika ng anak ko,"Manners...". :D

MonL
02-16-2008, 05:56 AM

Opo, kuya.* ;)

;D

mangtsito
02-17-2008, 03:20 AM
Arwind Santos - FEU
Mark Abadia - Adamson
Ronald Tubid - UE
Al Hussaini - Ateneo (pinaka-walang karapatan mag-trash talk!)* :D

Del Rosario a trash talker?* I think his actions speak louder than words.* ;)

Dark Knight
02-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Are we missing Ryan Arana here? ;D

macgyver
02-29-2008, 09:22 AM
The greatest trash-talker of all time is..........

OSCAR the GROUCH of Sesame Street

When it comes to talking trash, walang sinabi si Cardona, Gonzales, Yeo, Tubid. etc

LION
02-29-2008, 09:27 AM
^ I disagree.* It should be Muhammad Ali. But then Oscar and Ali are not qualified under this thread.

paul_tamaraws
02-29-2008, 09:02 PM
when it comes to trashtalkers, its gotta be Cardona and Yeo from DLSU..

bchoter
03-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Puwede ba sa ibang discipline? The FEU Women's Voleyball Team seem ot have a monopoly on talking trash on the court. That;s why I caould just imagine yung inis nila when AdU's Segodine dared to do some 'talking' against them. Last year I remember one FEU player taunting UST's Denise Tan with 'ganda ka lang' or something to that effect, which the later just laughed off.

Magnaye of the FEU Men's Volleyball Team did his own version of trash talking against the UST faithfulls in the just concluded Finals series with the Tigers. He flipped the bird on the crowd.

gcc888
03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Arnold Booker!!!!! His trash talk goes something like "Sige Ka, Mag-shoot ka pa, squatter ako". Go Figure.

ankle breaker
03-14-2008, 04:53 AM
thrash talking coach?
aric del rosario and joe lipa heads the group.

fujima04
03-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Maoi Roca could also qualify here. CHICKEN! ;D

mary
03-18-2008, 11:45 PM
pUede sumingit HAhhahah.. BAxTAh xa PbL c mR. kiel mISa!! hahaah.. PeaCE kuya ;D

JonarSabilano
03-19-2008, 09:24 AM
pUede sumingit HAhhahah.. BAxTAh xa PbL c mR. kiel mISa!! hahaah.. PeaCE kuya ;D

UAAP nga sabi e.

Dark Knight
03-19-2008, 10:44 AM

I just had a headache reading you post. ;D

stonecold316
03-19-2008, 10:14 PM
thrash talking coach?

Bakit naman naging trash talker sila? Is it because they argue with the refs call lalo na kung against sa team nila?

Normal lang naman umangal ang coach. Kahit anong liga pa yan whether UAAP, NCAA, PBA, NBA, PBL bubunganga ang coach kung may nakita siyang mali sa tawag ng ref.

stonecold316

Dark Knight
03-20-2008, 10:36 AM
thrash talking coach?

Bakit naman naging trash talker sila? Is it because they argue with the refs call lalo na kung against sa team nila?

Normal lang naman umangal ang coach. Kahit anong liga pa yan whether UAAP, NCAA, PBA, NBA, PBL bubunganga ang coach kung may nakita siyang mali sa tawag ng ref.

stonecold316

Thats precisely the reason why they were mentioned.

dude17
03-22-2008, 11:16 AM
thrash talking coach?

haha pero si coach joe lipa, yung mismong players niya ang tinatrash talk. may nasuntok na raw syang player back in admu.

mangtsito
03-22-2008, 12:25 PM
^ I dunno with Joe Lipa, but Aric del Rosario allegedly does the same.

animo_mapuan
03-22-2008, 12:37 PM
wlang trashtalk kpag coach. edi na technical un plge?? haha. ;D
Viva MAPUA !! Animo La Salle !!* ???

dude17
03-23-2008, 09:59 PM
^ I dunno with Joe Lipa, but Aric del Rosario allegedly does the same.

oh yeah i remember one time del rosario screamed at one of his players (i dont know what he said, sa TV lang eh) and kicked the gatorade cooler. :o

Semenelin
03-23-2008, 11:36 PM
nung nanuod ako dati binatukan ni coach aric si oreta. may isa pa, sinigawan nya si ortiguerra, tapos sinipa ni marvin yun bench, lumayo si aric. ahihi

Howard the Duck
04-02-2008, 12:29 PM
yeo
arana
cardona

pero walang tatalo kay aric :)

leon.guinto
04-02-2008, 01:19 PM
numero uno on my list is Ronald Tubid... lupit ng trash talking skills nitong batang to!

The_Big_Cat
04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Edwin Bacani of FEU and Jerwin Gaco of DLSU.

Mananambol
04-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Mark Abadia ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Ernesto "Estong" Ballesteros. The former Mapua Red Robin was part of the UST Tigers that won the 1995 & 1996 UAAP Championship against DLSU. During that championship seasons with uste, nahirapan sila Allen Patrimonio and Mark Telan of La Salle sa kanya because of his rugged defense.

bchoter
04-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Errr... how about his trash talking "skills"?

batangueño
04-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Kasama na ba sa listahan sina Patrick Cabahug at Jonathan Janhke? ;D

Sam Miguel
04-04-2008, 01:24 AM
I'd say it'd have to be be Chris Tiu. Not only is he the UAAP's dirtiest elbow thrower, but this guy can really talk some smack. The really hard part in dealing with his trash talking is how do you talk back at him?

Opposing player: "Larong mayaman ka lang!"

Chris: "Ganun ba naramdmana mo nung siniko kita?"

Opposing player: "Sa labas na lang tayo!"

Chris: "Kaya nga may pambili ako ng bodyguard."

Opposing player: "Puro ka porma!"

Chris: "Kung sakali man tumama ka ng Lotto mararamdaman mo din ito."

Opposing player: "Puro ka yabang!"

Chris: "Tumahimik ka na kung ayaw mong masisante ng bisor ko tatay mo."

Opposing player: "T---na mo, wala kang binatbat!"

Chris: "Ikaw at lahat ng mga kamaganak mo sa'kin manghihingi ng trabaho."

tiuperman
04-04-2008, 01:28 AM
wala pa ata akong nababasang ENRICO VILLANUEVA?

Sam Miguel
04-04-2008, 01:50 AM
^ That's because he isn't much of a talker, he just smacks people around a lot. Including imports.

tiuperman
04-04-2008, 02:22 AM
ah... eh di wesley gonzales at mark cardona na! walang tatalo sa dalawang 'to!

aircanda
04-04-2008, 08:16 AM
I'd say it'd have to be be Chris Tiu. Not only is he the UAAP's dirtiest elbow thrower, but this guy can really talk some smack. The really hard part in dealing with his trash talking is how do you talk back at him?

sir.. natawa ako dito ah.. ;D

Dark Knight
04-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Safe na safe ang tirada ni Tiu, IMO. ;D

Joescoundrel
04-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Wesley Gonzales to Arnold Booker in the first half "Pre kilala mo ba tatay mo?"

Wesley Gonzales to Arnold Booker in the second half "Pre ano trabaho ng nanay mo?"

I know, totally and awfully un-PC, but those were the days... ;D

Joescoundrel
04-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Eman Nazareno, then on the Glory B lineup, and another future UAAP player then on FEU B, Jonas Villanueva, had one heck of a time always talking smack to each other in their FMC stints.

Eman "Tira ng tira para sikat" then "accidentally" sent his knee into Jonas's family jewels.

Jonas after making a third straight trey in Eman's face "Akala ko ba magaling ka sa depensa? Cute pala ng depensa niyo sa Ateneo ano?"

And on and on it went...

The_Big_Cat
04-04-2008, 11:51 AM
When Larry Fonacier blocked Mac Cardona's shot to seal the 2002 UAAP title for Ateneo.

Larry to Mac: "Mag ahit ka ng kili-kili mo para bumango ang tira mo!"

:D :D :D

aircanda
04-04-2008, 10:13 PM
When Larry Fonacier blocked Mac Cardona's shot to seal the 2002 UAAP title for Ateneo.

iniisip ko kung ano ang sinabe ni wesley kay mac2 nung nablanka siya ni Larry.. nakaupo sa floor si mac2 nun tapos lumapit pa si Larry... hahaha.. angas..

The_Big_Cat
04-05-2008, 11:15 AM

iniisip ko kung ano ang sinabe ni wesley kay mac2 nung nablanka siya ni Larry.. nakaupo sa floor si mac2 nun tapos lumapit pa si Larry... hahaha.. angas..

Dalawang jump-hooks ang na block ni Fonacier that game. Mas maganda sana kung si Wesley ang naka block sa shot ni Mac.
:D :D

cub
04-05-2008, 12:01 PM

uhhhmm.. sino na ba ang mas maganda ang career ngayon sa PBA? ::) is there someone in the pros who can stop macmac's "mabahong tira"?? ::) ;D

glock23
04-05-2008, 12:59 PM

uhhhmm.. sino na ba ang mas maganda ang career ngayon sa PBA? ::) is there someone in the pros who can stop macmac's "mabahong tira"?? ::) ;D

ouch! touche' hahaha! ;)

The_Big_Cat
04-05-2008, 01:43 PM

Actually both of them are playing brilliant basketball in pros right now. Larry was a ROY while Mac had that breakout conference last season where he led TNT to the finals.

mangtsito
04-06-2008, 03:41 AM
Escalona to a then-rookie Gatchalian:

"Bakit ka ba takbo ng takbo, eh hindi ka naman pinapasahan ng mga kakampi mo?"

The_Big_Cat
04-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Jason Webb and Gerard Francisco during the 1995 & 1996 UAAP Finals. DLSU vs UST.
Although they would not talk directly, they would often smile at each other whenever one makes a basket over the other. Great match-up.

stonecold316
04-07-2008, 01:33 PM

sir.. natawa ako dito ah..* ;D

typical Ateneo players.

Porket mayaman akala mo kung sino na siya at kaya niya na bilin lahat. Kahit mga iba nilang alumnus ganyan ang sinisigaw during the games. Na kesyo magkano daw ba ang sweldo ng ref. Babayaran na lang raw nila, etc., tsk, tsk, tsk. Sa ordinary fan, mabibilib ka kay Chris Tiu dahil ok naman siya as a basketball player pero kung kaw na ang player at kaharap mo siya, masusuka ka how dirty he plays and how dirty he talks to an opponent. Ganyan ba talaga ang mga mayayaman? Di bale, their time will come.

;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

JonarSabilano
04-07-2008, 02:05 PM

typical Ateneo players.

Di bale, their time will come.

;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

Parang ang laki ng galit mo sa Ateneo (at sa mga mayayaman) ah. Kung ayaw mong ma-generalize ka ng ibang tao, huwag ka ring mang-generalize. For all we know, hindi totoong sequence ang nakal-quote. Hindi lahat ng Atenista ay mayayaman at lalong hindi lahat ng mayayaman ay ganyan ang asta.

Eagle_Eyes
04-07-2008, 08:46 PM
stonecold,

before you accuse people of anything, make sure you have your facts straight - - fertile masyado imagination mo. you actually believe there was such an exchange on court?

Dark Knight
04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Masyadong affected ka stonecold. Typical of a childish behavior. Iba rito sa Gameface. If you will notice, walang reaction na parang naapi sila.

Learn the art of sarcasm and the beauty of parody. This is not PEx. :D

joelex
04-08-2008, 02:20 AM
^ That's because he isn't much of a talker, he just smacks people around a lot. Including imports.

isnt much of a talker, but on the few times he does talk, he in fact shouts:

"pers pive dapat ako o trade na lang, 550 gusto ko kahit 350 and max"

fujima04
04-08-2008, 05:09 AM
Lufet mo katotong Dark Knight ;D

Stonecold, joke time lang yun ba ga. :D

Dark Knight
04-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Pareng Fujima....bihira ka ng dumaan sa kabila. ;D :D

stonecold316
04-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Well, kung yung kay Chris Tiu hindi totoo sorry for that. Pero Like I said, totoo ang sinasabi ko na may mga alumnus ng Ateneo (especially mga oldies) ang hindi maganda ang asta kapag nanonood ng game. Classic example is some Ateneo fans/alumnus na nakatabi namin manood ng game at wala silang tigil sa kakasigaw at tinatanong ang ref kung magkano ang salary niya at babayaran na lang nila ang mama. Hindi ba nakakalungkot na scenario iyun? Just because rich ka ganun ka na mag-asta?

You're saying na mag PEX ako? Been there, done that po. Mind you, may thread na nagawa dun proving my claim. May picture pa nga ng isang Ateneo alumnus na may hawak ng mop at gustong paluin ang isang Adamson supporter during a game sa Cuneta Astrodome.

How about the incident involving an Ateneo alumnus hinamon ng suntukan si Commissioner Ed Cordero last year. Yun ba magandang asal?

Hindi po ako galit sa Ateneo. I'm just stating a fact. I know na maraming matitinong rich people from Ateneo and that is also a fact. Galit ako sa mga tao na mahilig mang-api ng maliit ng tao just because they are rich and powerful.

Inuulit ko, may iba diyan hindi maganda ang breeding. Hope malinaw na po ang lahat.

stonecold316

tigerman
04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Jason Webb and Gerard Francisco during the 1995 & 1996 UAAP Finals. DLSU vs UST.
Although they would not talk directly, they would often smile at each other whenever one makes a basket over the other. Great match-up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember Webb still playing for DLSU in 1996. I believe that 1995 was the last year he played and that Dino Aldeguer was already the main pg of the Archers in 1996.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

stonecold316
04-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Kayo na magpasensiya with regards sa Chris Tiu.
Peace.

stonecold316

fujima04
04-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Pareng Dark Knight,

I always suffer from Diarrhea every time I go there. Napaparami palagi ang kain ko ng popcorn. :D

Pwede bang i-consider na trash talkers ang mga hecklers sa sidelines? ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-09-2008, 03:09 PM

Pareng Dark Knight,

I always suffer from Diarrhea every time I go there. Napaparami palagi ang kain ko ng popcorn. :D

Good point. If you will consider the hecklers too. How about the referees too?

The referee's staredown to a player or coach reacting to the latter's whistle is indirectly a" psychological trash-talk"
:P

fujima04
04-10-2008, 04:26 AM
^Then after mag-stare down ay pipituhan ka ng Technical Foul kaya mas lalong asar-talo ang player or coach. ;D

Pag todo asar na at ayaw pa rin papigil ni player or coach, a second T would definitely shut them out.

Yun nga lang hindi na trash talk ang tawag dun...Trash blow (Whistle) na. ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-10-2008, 11:03 AM
^Then after mag-stare down ay pipituhan ka ng Technical Foul kaya mas lalong asar-talo ang player or coach. ;D

Pag todo asar na at ayaw pa rin papigil ni player or coach, a second T would definitely shut them out.

Yun nga lang hindi na trash talk ang tawag dun...Trash blow (Whistle) na. ;D

Great Call Ref!
;D

A-boy97
04-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Well, kung yung kay Chris Tiu hindi totoo sorry for that. Pero Like I said, totoo ang sinasabi ko na may mga alumnus ng Ateneo (especially mga oldies) ang hindi maganda ang asta kapag nanonood ng game. Classic example is some Ateneo fans/alumnus na nakatabi namin manood ng game at wala silang tigil sa kakasigaw at tinatanong ang ref kung magkano ang salary niya at babayaran na lang nila ang mama. Hindi ba nakakalungkot na scenario iyun? Just because rich ka ganun ka na mag-asta?

You're saying na mag PEX ako? Been there, done that po. Mind you, may thread na nagawa dun proving my claim. May picture pa nga ng isang Ateneo alumnus na may hawak ng mop at gustong paluin ang isang Adamson supporter during a game sa Cuneta Astrodome.

How about the incident involving an Ateneo alumnus hinamon ng suntukan si Commissioner Ed Cordero last year. Yun ba magandang asal?

Hindi po ako galit sa Ateneo. I'm just stating a fact. I know na maraming matitinong rich people from Ateneo and that is also a fact. Galit ako sa mga tao na mahilig mang-api ng maliit ng tao just because they are rich and powerful.

Inuulit ko, may iba diyan hindi maganda ang breeding. Hope malinaw na po ang lahat.

stonecold316

Pards, i suggest you stop watching pinoy basketball and maybe start supporting pinoy chess.* Pinoy basketball is a passionate sport.* I'm not contradicting your post but if your are going to single out the Ateneo community, why don't you look at the entire Pinoy basketball?* I'm willing to bet whatever school you come from that there are supporters who go out of line as well.

You're stating facts, listen to this fact. Lahat ng supporters, ma pa Ateneo, La Salle, NU, San Beda, Letran, at kung ano pang eskwellahan, pag sobra sobra ang pagka "die-hard", may tendency na maging bastos! That is fact! Hindi porke mahirap, ok lang maging bastos. Walang mayaman o mahirap dito. Pag bastos, bastos.

Look first at your own school before judging others.* Chew upon the quote. "When you point a finger at someone, check first how many of your own fingers are pointing back at you. ;)

Dark Knight
04-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Pareng Fujima....bihira ka ng dumaan sa kabila.* ;D :D

Pareng Dark Knight,

Dapat nga may Technical Foul din ang crowd. :D

Avoid the AdU section sa kabila. ;D

bluegirl
04-10-2008, 02:06 PM

Pareng Dark Knight,

wag naman! ahahah malamang kasi labas nyan, mahigit kalahati ng crowd eh thrown out. kawawa naman kami! :P

stonecold316
04-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I know what you're talking about. Hindi ako bulag pare ko.

Pero hindi bat mas nakakahiya na galing ka sa exclusive school pero ganon umasta ang ibang mga members ng alumni?

May nakita ka na ba na alumnus ng UST, DLSU, FEU, NU, UP etc na nanghamon ng suntukan sa isang commissioner ng UAAP?

Nakakita ka na ba ng fans from other schools na kumuha ng mop para paluin ang isang fan ng Adamason? Sa ateneo nakakita na ako.

Yes, i see other fans make dirty finger. Pero walang kasamang mga bata or hindi kasama ang mga anak nila or apo. Imagine, mura ng mura naririnig ng mga anak nila. Hindi ba pathetic? Exclusive school pa galing tas. tsk., tsk,.

Yes, we can be passionate in a game pero kung may pinag-aralan ka dapat alam mo limitations mo. Basketball lang eh parang gusto ng pumatay ng tao. Ganun ba ang tinatawag na school pride?

I hope I made my point. Kung may negative reaction pa rin. well.
;D ;D ;D

Anyway, para hindi off topic.

Wesley Gonzales ng Ateneo at Mac Cardona ng DLSU, mga trash talkers talaga mga yan.

stonecold316

A-boy97
04-10-2008, 05:45 PM
^Nanonood ka ba talaga ng uaap? ???

I won't mention any other "bastos" moments from the other schools because I don't want to step on the nerves of people from the said schools. Just read back at some of the other topics. Baka pag malaman mo yung ginagawa ng iba, magmukhang anghel yung mga nasabi mong "bastos at nakakahiyang walang breeding."

The point here is an act is not justified based on social class or gravity. Magnakaw ka ng piso at isang daang piso, pareho lang na pagnanakaw yon. Pag bastos manood ng game ang sinasabi mong taga exclusive school at isang taong hindi taga-exclusive school, pareho lang yon.

Peace! ;)

on topic:

Billy del Rosario of Ateneo! Hanep mag trash talk yon dati!

bchoter
04-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Si Billy Reyes din

fujima04
04-10-2008, 11:09 PM

Pareng Dark Knight,

Kabilaan ang trash talkers sa AdU section sa kabila. Sila-sila nagta-trash talk. ;D

May nakita ako before sa PBA nga lang. Ball Boy or Water Boy ng A21, kalakas mag-trash talk from the sidelines. ;D

May ganyan kaya sa UAAP? :D

stonecold316
04-11-2008, 01:08 AM
^Nanonood ka ba talaga ng uaap? ???

I won't mention any other "bastos" moments from the other schools because I don't want to step on the nerves of people from the said schools. Just read back at some of the other topics. Baka pag malaman mo yung ginagawa ng iba, magmukhang anghel yung mga nasabi mong "bastos at nakakahiyang walang breeding."

The point here is an act is not justified based on social class or gravity. Magnakaw ka ng piso at isang daang piso, pareho lang na pagnanakaw yon. Pag bastos manood ng game ang sinasabi mong taga exclusive school at isang taong hindi taga-exclusive school, pareho lang yon.

Peace! ;)

on topic:

Billy del Rosario of Ateneo! Hanep mag trash talk yon dati!

Gusto mo mag-usap tayo ng history ng UAAP at baka may matutunan ka.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wala talagang tatalo kay Wesley Gonzales, Angas!

stonecold316

Eagle_Eyes
04-11-2008, 12:46 PM
masarap pala dito kahit summer. ang lakas ng hangin.

bchoter
04-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Mukhang may trash-talking among gamefacers ah... Time out muna tayo at balik na tayo sa topic. Usually naman after the game bati-bati din ang mga player (puwera lang si Enrico at si Yeo :D). Peace na ;)

Joescoundrel
04-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Tin Alonalon of the Lasalle Lady Archers is one of the most motor-mouthed trash talkers in the women's game. After she nails one of her treys she'll get in your face "Magbantay ka naman" or the more solid "Ganda mo palang gawing asintahan"

Before she was severely reprimanded by Coach John Alonalon met her trash talking match in Lady Eagle Katrina Quimpo. After making a steal and completing the transition either with a lay-in or a nifty pass "Itawid mo naman ang bola, hindi inimbento ang linya sa gitna para wag tawirin"

Jump_Shooter
04-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Thank you, J[boscoundrel, for veering the discussion back to the topic. Lahat tayo naging bastos at one time or another, so let's all move on. It's pretty obvious Sam Miguel's post about Chris Tiu's alleged trash talking gems is an exaggeration, unless 1) he and Chris Tiu are one and the same person; or 2) he has bionic ears and actually heard all those exchanges amid the noise of the crowd. So let's all realx a bit and get back to the discussion. we are talking about players who trashtalk, not gamefacers who trashtalk.

On-topic: Wesley Gonzales and Mac Cardona were among the best. They understood the art and real purpose of talking trash: it wasn't really to get an ego boost over your opponent or show off to the crowd how you "owned" someone. It was to get into your foe's head and make him lose his concentration. Gonzales did this to Joseph Yeo beautifully in '03, while Cardona succeeded in getting Warren De Guzman thrown out of a crucial game in '04 by pinching his nipple while no one was looking.

joelex
04-12-2008, 02:14 AM

stonecold316

Pards, i suggest you stop watching pinoy basketball and maybe start supporting pinoy chess.* Pinoy basketball is a passionate sport.* I'm not contradicting your post but if your are going to single out the Ateneo community, why don't you look at the entire Pinoy basketball?* I'm willing to bet whatever school you come from that there are supporters who go out of line as well.

You're stating facts, listen to this fact. Lahat ng supporters, ma pa Ateneo, La Salle, NU, San Beda, Letran, at kung ano pang eskwellahan, pag sobra sobra ang pagka "die-hard", may tendency na maging bastos!* That is fact!* Hindi porke mahirap, ok lang maging bastos.* Walang mayaman o mahirap dito.* Pag bastos, bastos.Look first at your own school before judging others.* Chew upon the quote. "When you point a finger at someone, check first how many of your own fingers are pointing back at you. ;)

when one is truly educated, one is more equipped to know what actions are deemed acceptable and what is not. and there is such a thing as anger management. those who are able to refrain themselves from being bastos and keeping thoughts that would do no good to themselves are thus looked upon higher anywhere you go. too much passion is never an excuse for shameful actions. :)

mangtsito
04-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah.

Or we could all go fishing.

tigerman
04-13-2008, 06:44 AM
while Cardona succeeded in getting Warren De Guzman thrown out of a crucial game in '04 by pinching his nipple while no one was looking.

I started to hate Cardona more after this game. ;D But wait, can we consider the pinching of nipple as trashtalking? :P

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

aircanda
04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Gonzales did this to Joseph Yeo beautifully in '03.

sir kwento naman ano nagyare? ;D

bchoter
04-21-2008, 03:08 PM
At the rate his mouth is running, looks like Caloy Fenequito will rank among the top trash talkers for the Tigers in the coming season :D.

But he's not the annoying type. He just can't stop his mouth from running :D

The_Big_Cat
04-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Maybe Kirk Long? ???

pablohoney
04-22-2008, 02:46 PM
while Cardona succeeded in getting Warren De Guzman thrown out of a crucial game in '04 by pinching his nipple while no one was looking.

I started to hate Cardona more after this game. ;D But wait, can we consider the pinching of nipple as trashtalking? :P

I think I remember this incident.
Hindi kaya hindi lang napigilan ni Mac-mac ang kanyang emosyon? ;D
Parang na-rape sa court si Warren De Guzman nuon. ;D ;D ;D

I, too, hated Cardona because of this.
Pero I give credit to him for being creative.
Kase ako hindi ko kayang gawin yun sa kalaban.. maniko pwede pero mangurot? :D

Seriously, I would rank Wesley among the top.
Though I think he met his match in Jeff Valeriano, which resulted in a game being replayed behind close-doors after a near free-for-all.

stonecold316
04-22-2008, 05:02 PM

I think I remember this incident.
Hindi kaya hindi lang napigilan ni Mac-mac ang kanyang emosyon? ;D
Parang na-rape sa court si Warren De Guzman nuon. ;D ;D ;D

I, too, hated Cardona because of this.
Pero I give credit to him for being creative.
Kase ako hindi ko kayang gawin yun sa kalaban.. maniko pwede pero mangurot? :D

Though I think he met his match in Jeff Valeriano, which resulted in a game being replayed behind close-doors after a near free-for-all.

I remember watching this game live sa Cuneta Astrodome. Talagang batuhan ng mineral water during that time. Not even an appeal from officials of both school's can stop the crowd from hurling bottles and even coins inside the court.

stonecold316

bchoter
04-22-2008, 05:06 PM
^^ Pre it was Rich Alvarez yata who Jet went up against.

stonecold316
04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
^^ Pre it was Rich Alvarez yata who Jet went up against.

So it was Rich vs Jeff then? Buti naalala mo pa.

stonecold316

pablohoney
04-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Right, Manong.
It was indeed Rich Alvarez.
Parehong spokening-dollars sila kung magtrash-talk. ;D

By the way, Cuneta ba iyun?
Ang pagkakatanda ko is Araneta? ???

Sorry, memory gap. ;D

mangtsito
04-23-2008, 08:48 AM

I'd still rank Wesley Gonzales above Jeff Valeriano on a mythical head-to-head trashtalk match.

Valeriano can be intense, with matching facial expressions, ...but Gonzales?... Pare, ire-research niyan ang katauhan mo, hahanapan ka ng baho.* Kung anuman ang sikretong ikinahihiya mo sa sarili mo, malalaman niya yan at ipamumukha sa iyo.* Actually, kahit hindi naman totoo, kaya niyang iparamdam sa iyo na totoo.* ;D

Edited to add:

Sa totoo, ayoko talaga sa trash talk.* Nakakatawa lang basahin yung mga documented na hirit, pero sa tingin ko wala namang magandang naidulot iyan sa laro.* ;)

mangtsito
04-23-2008, 09:05 AM
I remember watching this game live sa Cuneta Astrodome. Talagang batuhan ng mineral water during that time. Not even an appeal from officials of both school's can stop the crowd from hurling bottles and even coins inside the court.

stonecold316

Yeah, I remember seeing some bottles hit Gilbert Lao. Hindi naman siya yung binabato, pero tinatamaan siya dahil siya yung pinakamatangkad sa bench ng UST. ;D

I had a sneaking suspicion that it was the Ateneo side that started the bottle-hurling. and it was because Jeff Valeriano's actions against Rich Alvarez were infuriating the Ateneo crowd. Remember that this was at a time when Ateneo had a good chance of entering the semifinals for the first time since God knows when.

My theory was that the crowd itself got too emotional when Valeriano's antics were not being spotted by the referees. One person from the Ateneo side threw a plastic bottle in disgust, and others from the same side followed. The UST side, seeing that the moral high ground was given to them on the silver platter, started hurling objects too...since they could always justify that they did not start it.

The game was stopped and was continued at a later date, behind closed doors in the Lyceum Gym. Ateneo won. :)

pablohoney
04-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Pare, ire-research niyan ang katauhan mo, hahanapan ka ng baho. Kung anuman ang sikretong ikinahihiya mo sa sarili mo, malalaman niya yan at ipamumukha sa iyo.

Kata-cute pala si Wesley eh.
Freaky! ;D

But you're right, though.
Walang magandang naidudulot ang trash-talk.

I had a sneaking suspicion that it was the Ateneo side that started the bottle-hurling. and it was because Jeff Valeriano's actions against Rich Alvarez were infuriating the Ateneo crowd.

We have the same suspicion. ;D

Question: Were the Pep Squads allowed to cheer for the teams ba (during the replay)?
Parang hindi rin, not sure.
???

Jeep
04-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Question: Were the Pep Squads allowed to cheer for the teams ba (during the replay)?
???

kayo may tanong niyan, ha? hindi kami ;)

BigBlue
04-24-2008, 10:44 AM
???

It wasnt actually a replay, but both teams were made to finish the remainder of the game. Iirc, venue was Lyceum gym. I was still with the BBB at that time, and we were dying to see the game, but were not allowed to do so, hanggang TV lang kami nun.

mangtsito
04-24-2008, 12:19 PM
???

kayo may tanong niyan, ha? hindi kami ;)

Buti nga yung mga taga-lyceum napanood nila. ;D The gym was closed to the public, but the students watched through the gaps in the windows. If I remember correctly, the lyceum crowd was cheering for UST (it was audible in the broadcast, and it was confirmed by the game commentators).

RockLobster
04-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Right, Manong.
It was indeed Rich Alvarez.
Parehong spokening-dollars sila kung magtrash-talk. ;D

Hindi ba na-involve din si Mel Latoreno sa incident na yun? If I'm wrong, eh memory gap din ang excuse ko. Hehe. ;D

salsa caballero
04-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Agree with Wes as a top-ranking trashtalker.

Wes to Arnold Booker1 - "Booker, nakilala mo na ba Daddy mo?"

Wes to Arnold Booker2 - "Booker, ano trabaho ng mommy mo?"

Back in the day, Seph Canlas was in the same league.

Seph to Dindo - "Dindo, ang pangit-pangit mo...nagkakasyota ka ba?"

Seph to Cardel - "57!?!" (alluding to the latter's infamous NCEE exam)

Too bad David Nye wasn't a baller because I'd nominate him for best trashtalker of all time. It's really hard to reconcile the straightlaced news presenter on Channel News Asia with his UAAP fan persona. To this day, I wonder if Jeff Valeriano had any idea who the guy he had the privilege of exchanging swings with, was.

bluegirl
04-24-2008, 02:30 PM
o baka may maniwala na naman dito ah... ::)

The_Big_Cat
04-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Kirk Long and Sam Ekwe on the Ateneo-San Beda match.

After Kirk Long made his first two field goals in the first quarter.

Sam: Nice shot man!
Kirk: Thanks man!
Sam: What did you drink for breakfast man?
Kirk: Alaska man!
Sam: Masarap?!
Kirk: Yeah! Masarap.

PA system: Wala pa rin tatalo sa Alaska.
;D :D ;D :D

allblue
04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
bluegirl, haha! pero totoo talaga yung kay Wesley and Seph Canlas. whapak!

Dark Knight
04-24-2008, 04:26 PM

LOFTMAO!!!! ;D

We should watch volleyball games.

How i wish UST's Boongaling played basketball.

pablohoney
04-25-2008, 10:30 AM
???

It wasnt actually a replay, but both teams were made to finish the remainder of the game. Iirc, venue was Lyceum gym. I was still with the BBB at that time, and we were dying to see the game, but were not allowed to do so, hanggang TV lang kami nun.

Same here, sir bigblue.
Was with the YJs at that time but hindi rin kami pinayagan.
Kaya nagtiyaga na lang ako sa TV. ;D

mangtsito
04-25-2008, 10:49 AM

;D ;D ;D

This has got to be the funniest post of the year. :D

Mukha akong g@go dito sa Starbucks sa katatawa nang mag-isa. :D ;D :D

===============

If I'm not mistaken, the black guy was an import named Young. And the kid was Wilfred Uytengsu. Correct?

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 11:00 AM

;D ;D ;D

This has got to be the funniest post of the year. :D

Mukha akong g@go dito sa Starbucks sa katatawa nang mag-isa. :D ;D :D

===============

If I'm not mistaken, the black guy was an import named Young. And the kid was Wilfred Uytengsu. Correct?

The black guy was former PBA import, Cisco Oliver. Played in the 1970s. Ateneo coach Norman Black might have played against that guy. Norman Black first played for Tefilin in the PBA.

The commercial was originally played back in the late 1970s and was re-run again in the mid-1980s when Alaska entered the PBA. There was even a joke that circulated in the 1980s that it was Tim Cone who played the kid in that commercial. You can also ask Frankie Lim regarding that joke because Lim was the starting point guard of Alaska when they entered the PBA.
;D ;D

bchoter
04-25-2008, 11:17 AM
They're playing it again. I just saw it as recent as a week ago yata.

mangtsito
04-25-2008, 11:21 AM

;D ;D ;D

This has got to be the funniest post of the year.* :D

Mukha akong g@go dito sa Starbucks sa katatawa nang mag-isa.* :D ;D :D

===============

If I'm not mistaken, the black guy was an import named Young.* And the kid was Wilfred Uytengsu.* Correct?

The black guy was former PBA import, Cisco Oliver. Played in the 1970s. Ateneo coach Norman Black might have played against that guy. Norman Black first played for Tefilin in the PBA.

The commercial was originally played back in the late 1970s and was re-run again in the mid-1980s when Alaska entered the PBA. There was even a joke that circulated in the 1980s that it was Tim Cone who played the kid in that commercial. You can also ask Frankie Lim regarding that joke because Lim was the starting point guard of Alaska when they entered the PBA.
;D ;D

Ganun ba? *My jumbled basketball memory somehow matched that black guy's face with Michael Young of Manila Beer. *Well, if it was in the late 70's, talagang wala pang Manila Beer noon. *;D

As for the kid, I dunno but my mom was pretty sure it was Uytengsu. *I don't know how she knew, but my mom can be a very refined and eleagant "barbero" in terms of supposed trivia, at times. *::) *As for Tim Cone being the kid, I dunno, but Tim must be a lot older. *Maybe it's his face on the milk can., now that's chronologically possible *;D

Sorry for the OT, mods. *:D *Wouldn't it be nice if instead of trashtalking, opposing players got along like in that Alaska commercial?

BigBlue
04-25-2008, 11:26 AM
They're playing it again. I just saw it as recent as a week ago yata.

Rafe Bartholomew, they guy who wrote the Ateneo-La Salle article that came out on the NY Times, posted about it on his blog (http://katipunani.blogspot.com/2008/04/alaska-commercials.html), he even included the video from youtube. Mesarap?

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 11:28 AM
^^You maybe right about the kid.

Michael Young. I definitely remember this import. Young played alongside Patrick Ewing in the Georgetown team that won the US NCAA. Young is a left handed SF. He was a flashy import and won the 1986 PBA REINFORCED CONFERENCE BEST IMPORT.

I watched that MANILA BEER-GINEBRA championship. Two imports per team. Ginebra was bannered by Michael Hackett and the "Black Superman" Billy Ray Bates. Rookie season din ni Cresencio "Dondon" Ampalayo for Ginebra.

Aside from Michael Young, Manila Beer also had the 6'2" point guard import Harold Keeler and Ramon Fernandez. Parang si Loreto Carbonnel yata ang coach ng Manila Beer. Anyways, natalo ang Manila Beer.

fujima04
04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
^^It was Uytengsu's son that is in the can of Alaska.

So based from the posts that were made, it's a neck to neck for the no. 1 trashtalker of all time. Wes vs. Mac.

Hanggang trashtalking...Blue vs. Green pa rin. :D

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 11:35 AM
^^It was Uytengsu's son that is in the can of Alaska.

Parang kamukha ni Kirk Long yung Alaska kid sa commercial kasi. ;D
I hope Kirk develops an emotional attitude in the UAAP for him to be a better player.
Parang kulang sa emotion siya at sana magpa haba din ng buhok parang Alaska kid? ;D

mangtsito
04-25-2008, 11:52 AM
So based from the posts that were made, it's a neck to neck for the no. 1 trashtalker of all time. Wes vs. Mac.

Hanggang trashtalking...Blue vs. Green pa rin. :D

Nagkataon lang siguro. ::)

Nothing to be proud of, but anyone who goes against Wesley Gonzales is bound to result to a lopsided win for Gonzales.

salsa caballero
04-25-2008, 04:31 PM
The Alaska Kid's whole name is Michael Brooks Uytengsu. He must be Wilfred Steven's brother. If my calculations are correct, Michael should now be around 38-39 years old, and will likely have Alaska kids of his own. ;)

bchoter
04-25-2008, 05:08 PM
OT: T_B_C, maybe you had your big man teammate crossed. Michael Young played alongside another future HOF big man Hakeem Olajuwon for the Houston Cougars. That batch of Cougars were named the Phi Samma Jamma Phi and they were led by Clyde Drexler. Or pwede maybe napagkamalan mong teammates sila ni Patrick Ewing of Georgetown, who beat them in the F4. Damn you Patrick. And you, too, Lorenzo Charles :(

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 05:15 PM
OT: T_B_C, maybe you had your big man teammate crossed. Michael Young played alongside another future HOF big man Hakeem Olajuwon for the Houston Cougars. That batch of Cougars were named the Phi Samma Jamma Phi and they were led by Clyde Drexler. Or pwede maybe napagkamalan mong teammates sila ni Patrick Ewing of Georgetown, who beat them in the F4. Damn you Patrick. And you, too, Lorenzo Charles :(

Yes. I stand corrected. Thanks.
Iba kasi pag tumatanda na eh.? ;D

Wala pang cable noon and you can watch the NBA and US NCAA through a TV BOOSTER ANTENNA that is relayed from the Clark US Airbase which na inabutan ko pa. ;D

I love that Manila Beer team though. A year later they became Tanduay.

yungha
04-25-2008, 05:23 PM

Michael Young. I definitely remember this import. Young played alongside Patrick Ewing in the Georgetown team that won the US NCAA. Young is a left handed SF. He was a flashy import and won the 1986 PBA REINFORCED CONFERENCE BEST IMPORT...

...Aside from Michael Young, Manila Beer also had the 6'2" point guard import Harold Keeler and Ramon Fernandez. Parang si Loreto Carbonnel yata ang coach ng Manila Beer. Anyways, natalo ang Manila Beer.

michael young played against patrick ewing, not alongside, in the 1984 us ncaa final. young was part of houston's phi slamma jamma team that included olajuwon, greg "cadillac" anderson and other future PBA imports benny "the outlaw" anders, alvin franklin and rob williams. clyde the glide drexler was also part of phi slamma jamma but only played up to the 1983 when they lost to lorenzo charles and NC State.

also, young's import partner was named harold keeling.

and perhaps you got fernandez and guidaben mixed up, because it was guidaben who played on that manila beer team, not el presidente.

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 05:29 PM

Michael Young. I definitely remember this import. Young played alongside Patrick Ewing in the Georgetown team that won the US NCAA. Young is a left handed SF. He was a flashy import and won the 1986 PBA REINFORCED CONFERENCE BEST IMPORT...

...Aside from Michael Young, Manila Beer also had the 6'2" point guard import Harold Keeler and Ramon Fernandez. Parang si Loreto Carbonnel yata ang coach ng Manila Beer. Anyways, natalo ang Manila Beer.

michael young played against patrick ewing, not alongside, in the 1984 us ncaa final. young was part of houston's phi slamma jamma team that included olajuwon, greg "cadillac" anderson and other future PBA imports benny "the outlaw" anders, alvin franklin and rob williams. clyde the glide drexler was also part of phi slamma jamma but only played up to the 1983 when they lost to lorenzo charles and NC State.

also, young's import partner was named harold keeling.

and perhaps you got fernandez and guidaben mixed up, because it was guidaben who played on that manila beer team, not el presidente.

Yes. You're correct. ;D
Harold was the second player i have seen to wear the "number 1" jersey after Toyota import Andy Fields.
Before naging Manila Beer, they were known as the Beer Hausen.

One of their huge pick ups after the Toyota disbandment was Mon Fernandez. Other if my memory is right, were Mike Bilbao, Gary Vargas, Abet Gutierrez and big man Zaldy Latoza.
Come to think of it, indeed it was Guidaben in that Manila Beer team.
It was a long time ago.

bchoter
04-25-2008, 06:01 PM
^ It was easy to get mixed up with Guidaben and Fernandez because they were traded with each other, not only once but twice. Guidaben cried twice :D

pablohoney
04-25-2008, 10:44 PM
The_Big_Cat: Wala pang cable noon and you can watch the NBA and US NCAA through a TV BOOSTER ANTENNA that is relayed from the Clark US Airbase which na inabutan ko pa.

Ah, the good old days.
Far Eastern Network (FEN) used to be the in-thing before the advent of Cable TV.
Aba eh ako madalas ang taga-adjust nang antenna nun, dahil ako lang ang nakakaakyat sa bubong, lalo na at madaling araw madalas ang laban nun (for me ;D), lalo na during the heydays of my idol, Larry Legend.

On Topic: I think for me ang pinakamatinding trash-talker na naabutan ko is si Macmac Cardona.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
The_Big_Cat: Wala pang cable noon and you can watch the NBA and US NCAA through a TV BOOSTER ANTENNA that is relayed from the Clark US Airbase which na inabutan ko pa.

Ah, the good old days.
Far Eastern Network (FEN) used to be the in-thing before the advent of Cable TV.
Aba eh ako madalas ang taga-adjust nang antenna nun, dahil ako lang ang nakakaakyat sa bubong, lalo na at madaling araw madalas ang laban nun (for me ;D), lalo na during the heydays of my idol, Larry Legend.

Yes you have to wake up early to watch those games. Cable TV came to the Philippines by early 1990s. Those were the great mornings a hot cup of choco while watching the NBA games on the CLARK ANTENNA. Aside from the Clark Antenna then, you could catch the NBA live on radio particularly to 90.7 FM where they broadcast the games live.

On topic: I saw another replay of the 2001 ADMU-DLSU championship game yesterday. BJ Manalo and then rookie LA Tenorio had a heated exchange of trash talking in the first quarter. I thinik Tenorio ended the game with more than 20 points but Manalo and DLSU came away with the title.

Animo_Nation
05-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Ateneo- Jet "TAKBO" NIETO

DLSU- RAFA DINGLASAN

blublood
05-03-2008, 05:31 PM
based on the posts i've read mukhang si wesley gonzales ang top notcher. :D i agree. he's really good in talking trash.

i know trash talking is not essential to a game pero naaaliw ako pag nakikita ko sya nagta-trash talk. ;D

stonecold316
05-05-2008, 03:57 AM
o baka may maniwala na naman dito ah... ::)

OT: Oo nga, baka may maniwala na naman. tsk.

Si Wesley kasi parang bakla. putak ng putak sa opposing players. Pero parang pag hinamon mo ng away sa labas, siya ang unang uurong. Tignan ninyo sa PBA hindi sya gaano makagpag angas, takot niya lang siguro.

;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

Eagle_Eyes
05-05-2008, 09:37 AM
::)

mangtsito
05-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Parang bakla nga. Gaya ng mga pumapatol sa babae.

All these stereotypes make me reminisce about the good old 80's. ;)

Dark Knight
05-06-2008, 09:25 AM
::)

Get used to it. :D

bchoter
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Wesley is the type of player who you'd love if he's on your side but would absolutely hate him when he's on the other side.

Jeep
05-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Wesley is the type of player who you'd love if he's on your side but would absolutely hate him when he's on the other side.

couldn't agree more.

jeffjan
05-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Toe-to-toe sila Macmac at Wesley sa UAAP Replay ;D

tigerman
07-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Just when you thought Cardona and Gonzales are the kings in this deparment, here comes Paul Lee spoiling you all.* ;D

Was the ejection of Lee due to excessive trashtalking a sign that NABRO won't tolerate this art this season?* ::)

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

BedanRoar
07-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Ayun, thrown-out see Paul Lee vs UST for too much Trash Talking.

THE ONLOOKER
07-07-2008, 08:40 AM
New breed of trashtalker: Josh Webb

Raging Blue
07-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Bakit puro players? Wala bang trash talker na coach? :D

Pati na rin commissioner :D

I would have loved to hear the repartee of sweet nothings between Norman Black and Chito Narvasa before the start of the quarter during yesterday's game between Ateneo and La Salle.

LION
07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Sorry for being a KJ guys but I hope that we are not glorifying trash talking here.

It defeats the very purpose why we have the UAAP or NCAA, i.e.,* to foster camaraderie, instil sportsmanship and discipline.*

Sorry for being so old school albeit I really belong to the High School Musical generation.* ;D*

benah_g
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
bakit considered trash talker c paul artadi?? ???

christian
07-07-2008, 03:53 PM

Reminds me of Gabby Cui.

jieun17
10-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Arwind Santos - FEU
Mark Abadia - Adamson
Ronald Tubid - UE

now i wanna ask you, does he (RABEH) now has the rights to trash talk? (well, of course no one has the right to trAsh talk, i'm just asking you in the sense that "trashtalking is normal on court"... ;D)

jieun17
10-14-2008, 10:14 PM

oo nga! chris does trash talk pala?! ??? di halata eh...
at least he is telling the truth.. is it his fault that he was born filthy rich and was blessed with an innocent jaw dropping looks?! ;)?!

jieun17
10-14-2008, 10:27 PM

yeah, one of the most maangas player in season 71 ::) yet hasn't prove kung me ibubuga ba talaga sya?! nka-shoot lang ng freethrow mag aangas na kaagad.. tsk tsk tsk

jieun17
10-14-2008, 10:31 PM

couldn't agree more.

yeah, you'd be really happy to see him play for your team, he adds to the so called "excitement on court"... :D add pa the fact that he's quite hot... ::)

jieun17
10-14-2008, 10:51 PM
the ultimate (ultimate, meaning lahat pinapatos) trash talker for me is RONALD TUBID

- lakas ng trash talking powers nito, di nababawasan kahit nasa PBA na sya.. i remember in separate interviews,both Cardona and Racela were asked kung sino pinaka ayaw nilang makalaro on court and they both answered Tubid with the same explanation- because Tubid is very annoying with his verbal (trash talk) and non verbal cues (now thats what i call "trash moves" ;D). he really gets into your nerves... take it from another trash talker, who is actually topping other lists of trash talkers (cardona), and from a veteran that has almost 2 decades of playing experience in amateur and pro basketball.. ;)

my ultimate trash talk duo is wesley gonzales and mac cardona

- you always feel tension in the air when you see this 2 players go head to head. it feels like there will always be "something happening" when they are both inside the court. and who could forget the ever famous gonzales-cardona conversation back in 2002 finals game 1!* ;D

xxiocebu
10-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Bro Armin??

Just kidding guys, but if he does want to dish it out he should be willing to take it as well.

Jeep
10-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Arwind Santos - FEU
Mark Abadia - Adamson
Ronald Tubid - UE

now i wanna ask you, does he (RABEH) now has the rights to trash talk? (well, of course no one has the right to trAsh talk, i'm just asking you in the sense that "trashtalking is normal on court"... ;D)

sapul ;). kinda reminds you of scenes from just some weeks back: nonoy's block on mayerhofer, rabeh's block on ferdinand, or yuri's block on bangbang, i mean, la revilla ... straight down the esophagus. ;D

pepman
10-19-2008, 08:57 AM
LA Revilla- look at the FEU-DLSU Final 4 game. "Yabang" gesture.

atenean_blooded
10-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Doug Kramer to an opponent: "Ano ba hitsura ng girlfriend mo?"

tigerman
10-19-2008, 03:07 PM
^ Aba kung si Migs de Asis ang sinabihan niyan, mapapalaban siya.

Napakaswerte mo Migs. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

emorej
10-22-2008, 05:29 AM

Napakaswerte mo Migs.* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

sino po ba girlfriendni migs de asis?

5FootCarrot
10-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Doug Kramer to an opponent: "Ano ba hitsura ng girlfriend mo?"

Did Doug really say this to someone? Must have picked it up from one of the hardcore hecklers... ;D

john_paul_manahan
10-22-2008, 11:50 PM

gf of migs is the girl who won a special prize for herself in the CDC for UP.

fujima04
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM

Napakaswerte mo Migs.* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Frances Fleta - Member of UP Pep and the Samsung Stunner Awardee in this year's CDC.

augustine
10-23-2008, 07:50 PM

RR Garcia will make LA Revilla look quite ordinary next year.

bchoter
10-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Ronald Tubid has brought his trashy ways to the pros. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In the game vs. Red Bull it didn't.

"Tubid out of the playing court"

diedlsu
12-21-2008, 01:36 PM
I agree. Is it just me or is there something really wrong (mentally retarded perhaps) with this kid ? Have you seen his facial expression when taking free throws ? Pang-asar ba yun or natural talaga ?

dose
12-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Di hamak na mas ok ang hitsura ni Webb kaysa kay ryan "i sold my soul to the devil for 1.5M" buenapay. I bet Webb's way smarter as well.

nash_bedista
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
pero nasa performance daw yan ... sa on-court ;D

bluewing
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Di hamak na mas ok ang hitsura ni Webb kaysa kay ryan "i sold my soul to the devil for 1.5M" buenapay. I bet Webb's way smarter as well.

hmmmmm..... no. ;D

bchoter
12-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Ayos. Looks like the trash-posting has begun :D

tamarawz_14
12-22-2008, 09:23 PM

RR Garcia will make LA Revilla look quite ordinary next year.

hahaha.. i like to see this match-up..hahaha.. but Barroca is the best..hahaha

Dark Knight
12-22-2008, 11:24 PM

hmmmmm..... no.* ;D

Agree. Any player who earns 1.5 million at a very young age is very smart. ;D

fujima04
12-23-2008, 12:53 PM

hmmmmm..... no.* ;D

Agree. Any player who earns 1.5 million at a very young age is very smart.* ;D

allegedly from the owner of Smart...makes him smarter. ;D

But my bet, one of the greatest trashtalker is Dark Knight himself.

Langya parekoy, mod ka na pala ngayon? ;D

Dark Knight
12-23-2008, 07:15 PM
g138041 date=1230008007]

hmmmmm..... no. ;D

Agree. Any player who earns 1.5 million at a very young age is very smart. ;D

allegedly from the owner of Smart...makes him smarter[/code]. ;D

But my bet, one of the greatest trashtalker is Dark Knight himself.

Langya parekoy, mod ka na pala ngayon? ;D

Proabably because im the only active Tamaraw here. Musta bro. ;)

fujima04
12-25-2008, 02:02 AM
^Ok naman bro.

Merry Xmas nga pala.

Mods, pardon for the off topic. Last na po. ;D

Growling.Fish
01-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Did anyone watched the Ginebra-SMB game last night? There was one play wherein Macky Escalona was on a fastbreak and he tried to take it strong against Mick Pennisi. Naturally, the bigger player just erased Macky's shot and he found himself sprawled on the floor. Guess who was trash talking the fallen Escalona? -- It was his fellow Atenean Wesley Gonzales ;D

Lemuel M.
03-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Joseph Yeo and Mac Cardona plus enrico Villanueva and Badjie Del Rosario.

maroonmartian
06-10-2009, 12:35 AM

Saw him on this FilOil vs Ateneo na nagthrash talk. Nasa Upper Box ako ng Arena pero napansin ko.
May masasabi ba kayo na thrash talker from UP. Parang walang namention ah (except siguro with Coah Lipa ;D) Mababait lang ba ang mga taga UP or di ko lang alam?

Posterized
06-10-2009, 08:16 AM
^
Mike Bravo talked a lot of trash during his time.

maroonmartian
06-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Buti naman at least panatag ako na me ganun pala sa UP (a rare breed indeed). Pero tagal na nun ah?
Sa mga current players ngayon interesado ako sa Webb vs Lee rivalry in comes of thrashtalking. Nung isa FilOil game, grabe asaran ng 2 players na ito. Grabe si Webb kay Lee pero si Lee ang nakakuha ng last laugh kasi panalo sila. I wonder how would they face in their UAAP Season 72 opening game (DLSU/UE) ata? ;D

mangtsito
06-12-2009, 10:44 PM
^ All teams in recent years have trashtalkers in them. Yung iba, hindi lang kasi magaling maglaro kaya hindi gaanong pinapansin ng audience/media.

yungha
06-12-2009, 11:42 PM
UP had a slew of trash talkers in the late 90s - bravo, peña, gamboa, gumatay, madarang, ferrer, jomalesa. andrew cruz, rico and wes were rookies in 98 but were already talking a lot too which made the battle of katipunan encounters back then pretty heated. of all those maroon players it was dom peña who talked the most which was ironic considering how marginal his talent was.

maroonmartian
06-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I think there are two kinds of thrash talkers:

1) those who have the skills to boast it (e.g. Mac Mac Cardona)

2)those who don't have the skills but still managed to thrash because their team is doing well (e.g. Wesley Gonzalez)
==> I know some would disagree pero di super star caliber si Wesley. Me skills pero di yung mapapa Wow like Cardona but his team is strong.

Ang point ko, ang may "K" na mag thrask (kung right man yun) ay binaback-up ng skills or ng team mo.
Kaya po siguro ganun ang UP nung late 90's at least malakas pa ata.

mangtsito
06-23-2009, 03:49 AM

Using your logic, magaling rin pala maglaro ang UP the past 5 years. ;)

maroonmartian
06-23-2009, 05:45 PM
What I mean is that thrash talkers will rise on those power house team. Siguro meron namang exceptions. Bakit marami ba sa UP?
Using my typology on thrashtalkers: Macmac and Wesley.
Ganito na ata ngayon: Lee (macmac), Webb (Wesley).

mangtsito
06-23-2009, 10:48 PM
^ The only certain general rule is that trashtalkers will emerge from any team, whether the team is a powerhouse or not. So that already covers the exceptions that you are thinking about.

yungha
06-23-2009, 11:45 PM

2)those who don't have the skills but still managed to thrash because their team is doing well (e.g. Wesley Gonzalez)
==> I know some would disagree pero di super star caliber si Wesley. Me skills pero di yung mapapa Wow like Cardona but his team is strong.

Ang point ko, ang may "K" na mag thrask (kung right man yun) ay binaback-up ng skills or ng team mo.

dom peña was a scrub on a team that never made it to the final four. how would you classify him?

maroonmartian
06-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Sige pa add na nga isa pang classification. Those were the types who have no skills nor the team's performance to back their thrastalking. Kapalan na lang at pure "kayabangan" (or the desire to intimidate) ang source ng kanilang thrastalking. The ideal thrashtalker (pero not the ones that are famous) ;D ;

bchoter
06-28-2009, 07:45 PM

I think, too.... I think there is only one kind of trash talker pareng DK would want to talk about here. Yung mga "great"

Dark Knight
08-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Joshua Webb baby........... ;D

maroonmartian
08-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Joshua Webb ;D Anymore candidates?

Sa Women's Basketball:

Treena Limgenco (UAAP)
Raiza Palmera (FEU)

sanlo
08-15-2009, 07:13 PM

Does trash talking include facial expressions na nakakainis?

Tanopoman
08-15-2009, 08:39 PM

Does trash talking include facial expressions na nakakainis?

Lol! he can't even keep his mouth shut. hahahah!

maroonmartian
08-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Guwapo naman ang bata so carry niya ;D
In the DLSU-ADMU game which they lost, binoo siya ng Ateneo crowd pero me lakas pa na humarap sa kanila. Lot of guts!! Baka matalo si Wesley sa Greatest Trash Talkers of all time. Me 2 years ka pa!!

Paul Castellano
10-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Bumping up this interesting thread!

Yes, trash talking should NOT be condoned, but at the same time, one can't really do anything about it because it has been part of the game for decades now. Mapa-NBA, PBA, PBL, UAAP, NCAA (dito at sa US) ka man, may isang player talaga diyan na susubukang sirain ang laro at concentration mo. Alam naman natin kung papano mag-psych up ang players bago ang laro. Lahat ng aspeto (physically, mentally, even emotionally) pinapaghandaan nila. Isa lang ang masira diyan, sira na ang laro mo.

As for Spider Webb. Kahit Lasalista ako, tingin ko wala pa siyang karapatan maging trash talker. Andaming beses kong nainis sa kanya, lalo na this season, dahil sa mga game na pinatalo niya. Sasaksak sa loob, pero butata naman. Oo, ok na mataas energy level niya, at hanga ako sa laro na pinakita niya noong first round ng UAAP this year, kalaban Ateneo. Pero yung mataas na energy level din na yun ang papatay sa kanya. I don't mean to bring him down, but a lot of maturity is needed in his game. As of the moment, he is more of a liability than an asset. Sana maayos nga niya ang sarili niya para sa ikabubuti rin ng team.

solq
03-10-2011, 02:49 PM
A close friend who played for the Blue Eagles (late 90's, early 00's), said that Don Allado and Enrico Villanueva would really talk a lot smack during games DLSU-ADMU games. I think it was back in 1999 when Don was contemplating on foregoing his remaining playing years at DLSU and going pro. Anyway, Enrico would come up with funny trash for Don on the court. He would say things like: "Don, ayos yung form mo sa free throw ha? Pwede ka na mag Pro!" or after beating Enrico to the rebound : "Kayang kaya mo na i box out si Patrimonio sa lagay mo" I guess Enrico's trash talking worked because Allado ended up with Alaska the same year. :D

jembengzon
03-10-2011, 06:11 PM
greatest trash talker of uaap?

punta kayo sa nu forum - ayan si sampaloc kid ;D

Dark Knight
09-05-2013, 11:42 AM
JJ Atayde