PDA

View Full Version : shaq to phoenix, the matrix to miami!

mighty_lion
02-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Ricky Davis is an expiring kaya no redundancy sa forward position ng Phoenix. Ang habol ng Miami dito is cap space next summer because Marion can opt out. Thats basically getting away with Shaq's $20 million and a $17 million (Marion) instant cap space for Miami to rebuild plus Bank could be a solution for thier PG problem.

Shaq is on his way to Phoenix for final medical evaluation. Thumbs up na lang ng mga medical doctor ng Phoenix yong hinihintay and this is a done deal. Suns feel that Nash & Amare' window for championship is closing. Shaq is reportedly agreeing to the deal.

Looks like ito na yong line-up ng Suns.

Nash / Barbosa
Bell / Barbosa
Hill / Diaw
Amare / Diaw
Shaq / Skinner

Im not sure how Shaq will fit with Phoenix's run & gun style pero kung nakaka-run and gun ang Red Lions with Taganas and Marcelo on its front court baka kayanin din ng Phoenix. *;D ;D ;D

Wala akong masabi sa trade na ito. Holy Cow!

http://www.ktar.com/sports/?nid=126&sid=724522

MonL
02-06-2008, 03:03 PM
^They missed out on the Gasol opportunity. Being a big man who can run, he would have been a better fit in their system. More likely the Suns will have to adapt to Shaq's presence by implementing half court sets. Can a Stockton-to-Malone imitation be adapted here?

As for Shaq Taganas, I'd like to think he's more like Big Baby Davis in Boston. ;D

mighty_lion
02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
^ I am just kidding about J-Taganas. ;)

Link to ESPN report regarding this transaction.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3232862

Bennie Bangag
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
good move by steve kerr. phoenix is going to need shaq for the playoffs. with shaq daddy, they now have that veteran inside presence who can clog the middle on defense, and knows what to do when opponents slow down the pace and play a more deliberate, physical style. with phoenix's current record, mike d'antoni can afford to bring shaq gradually into the flow of things and buy time for him to heal his innumerable aches and pains in time for mid-april.

dark_seid
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
so with the recent turn of events, will the mavs finally trigger the jkidd trade?

bydpogi
02-06-2008, 04:21 PM
How will Shaq run with the Suns? eh Dinosaur na si Shaq eh... :D

mighty_lion
02-06-2008, 04:32 PM
I think the Nets is asking for Josh Howard which is a no-no for the Mavs.

I agree with Bennie here that Kerr pulled the right button. Risky move as it is but Suns need Shaq more than 2 Marions come playoff. Mas maraming magiging variations sa front-court ang Suns. Thats Amare, Shaq, Diaw and Skinner frontcourt with different type of game. I am expecting a rejuvinated Shaq this time.

Shaq dont have to run like the Suns does as there are 4 other players out there in the court who could run and score. Besides Shaq can be passive with the ball if he trust his teammates. Note that in Miami malaki ang tiwala ni Shaq kay Wade. Nag-iisang Wade. What more with Nash, Barbosa, Hill and Amare who can light up for 30 points on any given night.

bigfreeze_bibby
02-06-2008, 04:44 PM
As a numero uno Los Angeles Lakers hater, let 'em get Gasol. Who cares? Remember when they got Malone and Payton? ;D

Celtics will make it.

Pare ko, I am also a Boston fan. E kaso, kay LeBron nga lang hindi na tayo makalagpas whether KG is present or not hehehe. Three superstars in one man hehehe.

mighty_lion
02-06-2008, 05:24 PM
It seems to me that Phoenix will do one more transaction to complete the puzzle.

Trade Exception + Atlanta Pick for Mike Miller. Arguably the best offer Memphis to dump Mike Miller.

There you go. The Suns 2008 Playoff Team:

Nash/Barbosa
Bell/Barbosa /Hill
Miller/Hill/Diaw
Amare/Skinner/Diaw
Shaq/Amare/Skinner

joelex
02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
As much as i think phoenix will need shaq for playoff type halfcourt game and experience, they will definitely be toast on D. Marion gave them so much on defense and without him Amare should step it up on the defensive end more than ever. Shaq and Hill are like a combined 70 years old and (not) running, and they wont give them any defense, and if any, Nash is always burned by his man. That leaves Bell alone to play D. Time will tell though if this will bring them the title 3 years overdue.

john_paul_manahan
02-06-2008, 06:14 PM
the dominoes are in effect.

pau gets traded

shaq gets traded

damon gets signed.

what you gonna go, cuban?

Dark Knight
02-06-2008, 07:21 PM
As a numero uno Los Angeles Lakers hater, let 'em get Gasol. Who cares?* Remember when they got Malone and Payton?* ;D

Celtics will make it.

Pare ko, I am also a Boston fan.* E kaso, kay LeBron nga lang hindi na tayo makalagpas whether KG is present or not hehehe.* Three superstars in one man hehehe.

Talagang ganon bossing. Mukang Cleveland ang kontrapelo sa Boston. They are the only team we have'nt defeated along with Wizards. Dont worry, time will come when we will defeat the Cavs. Hopefully sa playoffs. ;D

aircanda
02-06-2008, 10:10 PM
As a numero uno Los Angeles Lakers hater, let 'em get Gasol. Who cares?* Remember when they got Malone and Payton?* ;D

Celtics will make it.

Pare ko, I am also a Boston fan.* E kaso, kay LeBron nga lang hindi na tayo makalagpas whether KG is present or not hehehe.* Three superstars in one man hehehe.

Talagang ganon bossing. Mukang Cleveland ang kontrapelo sa Boston. They are the only team we have'nt defeated along with Wizards. Dont worry, time will come when we will defeat the Cavs. Hopefully sa playoffs.* ;D

hmm.. naku sir wag na.. baka magala-Jordanesque na naman si LBJ when playoffs comes.. I have this strong feeling na playoffs this year will be better for lebron..

peace ya'll

tigerman
02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
This move by Phoenix is clearly a proof of the lack of faith by Steve Kerr with the D' Antoni system.

Kerr knows that the run and gun 'till you die approach won't give them the title.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

joelex
02-07-2008, 12:11 AM
on the brighter side, i honestly think the trade benefits Miami alot. They acquire a perennial all star in Marion to add to a still getting better Wade and a lottery pick next season. Marion incidentally is off the books in a year or 2.

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 06:23 AM
The loss against Parker-less San Antonio and the Gasol Trade triggered this Shaq trade. Kerr may have realized the Suns will go nowhere with Marion-Amare frontcourt come playoff. Too much risk is in stake here but Shaq is reportedly happy and rejuvinated with this trade. Ito yong mali ng Miami, they did a lot of roster change when it isnt even broken. Hopely Shaq, Hill and Nash will retire on the same time with rings in them. Malay nyo maisipan pang bumalik ni Mourning next season. ;D

No matter what still a good move for Miami. They just have to tank this season and aim for Jordan or Beasley. There are lot of available veteran PG's they can take this offseason. Marion, whether he will opt out or not is a good fit for them. Forget about Ricky Davis, he is a heck of basketball player with very low basketball IQ.

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Shaq for Marion + Banks Deal now Final. Being a diehard Suns fans, I have mixed feelings about it.

bigfreeze_bibby
02-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Ang magiging trabaho ni Shaq: tagakuha ng defensive rebound then outlet pass kaagad for the fastbreak. Sa opensa naman, puedeng siya ang first option ng Suns since risky mag-double team sa kanya due to lahat ng nakapaligid sa kanya ay shooters mula sa three point region. Tingin ko magkakaroon pa ng pakinabang si Shaq sa Suns.

Kid Cubao
02-07-2008, 09:44 AM
my thinking here is that the shaq deal is really meant for the short term. everyone knows that shaquille's best years are already behind him, and that age, injuries, and offseason distractions will always be factored in when assessing his true worth. on the other hand, shaq never lets a slight slide off his massive shoulders, and he felt he was unjustly criticized by many for miami's downward spiral. if there's anything shaq needs to get his waning mojo on the up and up again, it's starting anew in another team, and he'll be surrounded by superstars who are also great role players. *

in terms of strategy, shaq would be a welcome addition to the double corner-out attack preferred by phoenix. as trailer, o'neal would find it easy pickings inside whenever the defense stretches out to close phoenix's shooters. most importantly, having shaq inside means more zone coverages by opponents, which for the case of phoenix is similar to inviting a fox inside your chicken coop.

let's see if this trade proves to be a winner. here's my gut feel: if phoenix fails to land an NBA finals berth this season, then it'll be a failed endeavor.

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I wont be surprised if the Spurs and Mavs pulls out a big deal in response to this one. This two teams are seriously in trouble against the Lakers and Phoenix come playoff (assuming a healthy Shaq). Phoenix very well know they have a good chance come making it to the finals this year. Shaq is no longer the Shaq that he used to be in his days with the Lakers but heck come playoff you cant stop worrying about Shaq. Nearly all his years in the Heat he always had thought of something like come on team just make it to the playoff and i'll carry you from there. This is what defines Shaq, he has one of the best post season mentality.

Right now, im starting to smell Ben Wallace + a promising young Bulls ending up somewhere in West.

How will the suns cope up with their run and gun with Shaq? Lets not that the Suns has one of the best if not the best PG in the league today. Shaq will end up his career saying.... Nash is the greatest guard I played with over my entire career. *;D ;D

tigerman
02-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Well Phoenix just lost one of its spot up shooters in Marion. I know he's not exactly a Ray Allen or Peja Stojakovic type of a shooter but more than that the Matrix is an also integral part on both ends of the court for the Suns. Hill and Diaw are not exactly known for their outside shooting. James Jones could have easily filled in that shooter role. Remember also that Marion together with Bell are usually the ones assigned on the perimeter guys of the opposing teams as we all know that Nash is a liability on the defensive end. Who would guard now the Pauls, Derons, Barons, Parkers etc.?

As for Miami, I don't know how Marion would blend with a losing team. Of course he used to be on that kind of a team after Kidd's departure and before Nash's arriva but playing on the worst team record-wise, let's see how he performs sans the presence of great pg's. On the financial side of things, Miami got rid of Shaq's huge contract while at the same time they have a chance to go after the star free agents (Brand, Arenas etc.) since Marion has the option to opt out after this season.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

cub
02-07-2008, 10:13 AM
just wait a few weeks and you'll be scared with this Suns team.. they will be using their 2008 pick from the Hawks to acquire Mike Miller. we all know that the Grizzlies is saving money. so they will dump Miller just like that..
Imagine this lineup:

Shaq/Skinner
Amare/Diaw
Hill/Miller
Bell/Barbosa
Nash

2008 NBA Champs?? :P ;D

Kid Cubao
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
tigerman, you still have leandro barbosa and steve nash as shooters. put them on opposite ends of the floor to open up the defense.

i agree, though, that the loss of shawn marion is a big loss to phoenix because of his defensive quickness. but he's overmatched at the 4 position, and phoenix is looking toward the playoffs and, specifically, in their possible matchup with san antonio. with shaq at center and amare at the big forward, they now have the brawn to match up with the spurs frontline.

mighty lion, magbabago nang konti ang flow ng phoenix transition game, pero essentially it will be unchanged. the good thing about the shaq deal is that amare will finally slide to his natural position as power forward after all this time that he played out of position since coming out of high school. still, i don't think we'll be seeing much of o'neal in the early goings :)

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Currently watching Suns-Hornets now. Looks like the trade just triggered the re-awakening of Diaw. Diaw playing well as starting 4 for the Suns.

Suns can still run & gun with Nash, Bell, Hill, Diaw and Amare. My guess is they will start with run & gun then transition to half-court when Shaq is in. It goes to the other way depende sa kalaban.

This trade is Steve Kerr's moment to be tagged either as one of the leauges genius or dumb GM in history.

Dark Knight
02-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Hey everyone!

Lakers lost to Hawks. With Gasol.

What a happy day! Boo Bryant!!! ;D

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 11:30 AM
^ Shaq trade is bothering Kobe all night. Only 4/16 from the field. ;D

oca
02-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I am not a hardcore NBA fan, but I have seen a lot of Suns playoff games these past 2-3 years and I can't understand what people meant that Shaq will slow down the team.

Does being fast means 5 players running down in offense?

A healthy Shaq assures Phoenix better stats in defensive rebounds. That's the key to a fast offense. That what makes a running team run.

Do you run from a baseline inbound? Hardly. Seldom. It is off the boards and forced turnovers that you get to run.

Okay, you will say, "Pero Oca, will Shaq be healthy enough..."

Yes, this is a big gamble, I must agree, and I tip my hat to Kerr for having the courage to do this. He is not exactly dismantling the team but if Shaq's health prevents him from being on the floor, there's no way Kerr can unload him next season without losing other key players. We all know Shaq is considered having a diminished market value that makes him untradeable until Phoenix got into the picture.

This is calculated risk taken by Kerr and I wonder how he computed that risk. But if I want a title THIS YEAR, after all the frustrations of seasons past, even I would be willing to take on that risk.

Someone had called this trade an act of desperation on the part of Phoenix. Well, I hope anyone who said that is not part of any NBA organization or a diehard fan of a team other than San Antonio, for that makes him a hypocrite! ;D

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Argg.j_vFNuiow6GUqnOUNO8vLYF?slug=ap-shaq-trade&prov=ap&type=lgns

The addition of O'Neal doesn't necessarily put the brakes on the running game, Kerr said.

"We ran when Kurt Thomas was here. He got the rebound, and everybody else ran down the court," Kerr said. "We're still going to run, but we feel like we'll have a better halfcourt team."

Mikhail
02-07-2008, 12:46 PM
The Suns made this move to match up better against San Antonio. If Shaq's legs doesn't explode, he'll look a lot better in the Suns even if he just maintains his current season form (before he went down). This is because Phoenix has elite 3pt threats- Nash, Bell, Barbosa. Miami had nothing once they let Posey and Kapono go. This is a great trade for both teams (again assuming Shaq does not go down). Even without Marion they can breeze through the regular season and still barge into the playoffs with the 1/2/3 seed.

What they lose is Marion's versatility and iintangibles on defense- as he guards all positions from 1 to 5. Yes, Phoenix is a bad defensive team, but Marion did help a lot when they needed that one defensive stop in a key possession.

The Suns do consistenly run on baseline inbounds. :P

I don't see the Spurs and the Mavs making drastic moves because of this. Those two teams are built to match up against a variety of styles- with the Mavs being weaker as they don't have a post threat to help slow down running teams. The Mavs now even matches up better against the Suns- no more Marion to hound Dirk. :)

dark_seid
02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
This is calculated risk taken by Kerr and I wonder how he computed that risk. But if I want a title THIS YEAR, after all the frustrations of seasons past, even I would be willing to take on that risk.

Someone had called this trade an act of desperation on the part of Phoenix. Well, I hope anyone who said that is not part of any NBA organization or a diehard fan of a team other than San Antonio, for that makes him a hypocrite! ;D

phoenix has nothing to show for the past 3 years. and with nash not getting younger (and the back not getting any more limber), the challenge to get out of the west needs to happen.

a few days ago, i mentioned about the suns wanting to avoid the lakers in the playoffs. this was due to the bigs matchup of shawn-amare-diaw/hill going against lamar-pau-bynum. well (assuming good health), the suns can parade their own intimidating frontline if they so wish.

at the end of the day (as well as history), the championship is all that matters. just ask boston (and new england patriots) fan.

oca
02-07-2008, 03:11 PM
The Suns made this move to match up better against San Antonio. If Shaq's legs doesn't explode, he'll look a lot better in the Suns even if he just maintains his current season form (before he went down). This is because Phoenix has elite 3pt threats- Nash, Bell, Barbosa. Miami had nothing once they let Posey and Kapono go. This is a great trade for both teams (again assuming Shaq does not go down). Even without Marion they can breeze through the regular season and still barge into the playoffs with the 1/2/3 seed.

What they lose is Marion's versatility and iintangibles on defense- as he guards all positions from 1 to 5. Yes, Phoenix is a bad defensive team, but Marion did help a lot when they needed that one defensive stop in a key possession.

The Suns do consistenly run on baseline inbounds. :P

I don't see the Spurs and the Mavs making drastic moves because of this. Those two teams are built to match up against a variety of styles- with the Mavs being weaker as they don't have a post threat to help slow down running teams. The Mavs now even matches up better against the Suns- no more Marion to hound Dirk. :)

Not against the top tier teams they meet in the playoffs. Otherwise they would have done better than what they had these past 3 years. Kerr would also not justify this trade by saying they'll have a better half-court team. :P

Pero sang-ayon ako sa opinyon na huwag gumawa ng drastic moves ang ibang WC teams just because of Shaq being in Phoenix now. Kerr sees a need and he addressed it, for obviously they cannot rely on their strength/ run, run, run game during the playoffs.

Bakit ka nga naman bibili ng pick-up truck, kung dahil nakita mo lang bumili ang kapit-bahay mo...

erichubert
02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't think the Suns would do the Miller for draft pick deal, remember their owner specifically stated that he didn't want to exceed the salary cap, that is primarily the reason why they traded Kurt Thomas to Seattle.
As for Shaq in Phoenix, it is really a mixed bag, history shows that whenever Shaq is traded or signs with a new team, he feels challenged and his game really steps up a notch (See Lakers and Miami trades). And so far he has brought championships to every new team he has joined. But on the other hand, he is 36 years old after all, and no matter what people say, his presence would affect the running game of the Suns. I always believed that the best way for the Suns to win the championship was to stick with its run and gun game, in that kind of game, they are the best, and teams have to react constantly to them. Now that they would try to outplay the Spurs and Lakers in the halfcourt game, I seriously have my doubts, I don't think the Suns can beat the Spurs in a halfcourt setting with or without Shaq.

erichubert
02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
And people tend to forget that Suns were one Robert Horry flagrant foul away from possibly making the Finals last year. They were toe to toe with the Spurs for 4 games before that foul changed the series. Of course, this is speculative but still they were there with the Spurs and they should have given this core another chance to go after that championship.

What is certain is that Miami really lucked out with this trade, Marion could opt out after this season so if he doesn't pan out, they could get rid of his huge contract. If he blends well with Wade, then they could extend his deal, plus they have an expected high pick next year to boot. Imagine Derrick Rose, Wade and Marion as their core, that would be competitive in the Leastern Conference.

MonL
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Well Phoenix just lost one of its spot up shooters in Marion. I know he's not exactly a Ray Allen or Peja Stojakovic type of a shooter but more than that the Matrix is an also integral part on both ends of the court for the Suns. Hill and Diaw are not exactly known for their outside shooting. James Jones could have easily filled in that shooter role. Remember also that Marion together with Bell are usually the ones assigned on the perimeter guys of the opposing teams as we all know that Nash is a liability on the defensive end. Who would guard now the Pauls, Derons, Barons, Parkers etc.?

I wonder whether or not if it's worth opening a separate discussion thread for this as it deviates slightly from the hot topic at hand, but as a sideshow discussion point I think *Marion and Stojakovic possess probably the ugliest looking strokes displayed by any currently active player. I would rank them # 1 and 2, respectively. *Marion seems to just hoist the ball up from his chest in a looping arc while Stojakovic, a righthander, cocks his shooting hand to the left side of his head and the the resulting release and follow-through causes a sideways ballspin looking more like the earth's rotation. *But wonder of wonders, their strokes work for them. *If I were a shooting coach like Chip Engelland, I'd be scratching my head looking at these unorthodox styles. ???

They are, however, in good company, as even some Hall of Famers are in the list of bad looking shots (at least those that work :)):

3) Jamaal Wilkes (cocks the ball to the back of his head in a rotating motion before hefting it up in one fluid motion)
4) Tim Hardaway (shot-put style)
5) George (Iceman) Gervin (shoots with his arm cocked widely from the side of his head)
6) Bob McAdoo (his shot was described as "a short man shoving a pizza in a tall oven." ;D)

La lang. There may be more in of such in the current season such as Kevin Martin of the Kings, a righthander who strokes his *wrist from the left side as if his left eye is used for aiming, but I'll stop here.

Back to topic: Suns got Nash, Bell, Barbosa and even Hill to stroke the 3, so they wont have a problem with that. But, without Marion, they just lost in double OT to the Hornets on a last second Peja J.

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 05:36 PM
^ Barbosa's stroke is unorthodoxed as well. Parang Chico Tirona.

Qoute from an ESPN article regarding the trade:
This will be recorded as Kerr's first major move since assuming control of the Suns' front office and maybe the biggest trade he'll ever make. He knows he's "on the line" with how it turns out.

"If it works, I'm a genius," Kerr said. "If it doesn't, I'm a moron, I guess."

Maybe that's why Kerr turned out to be the hardest to convince.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080207

Im thinking of a third posibility here: Kerr will end up both Genius and Moron at the sametime. This is assuming Phoenix win it all this year and turns out to be like Miami in the next two seasons. :P Hopely not as I value this team so much.

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 06:20 PM
To qoute:

D'Antoni likes to play as few as seven guys anyway, so this move would give more time to Leandro Barbosa, Raja Bell and Hill in most games. They're going to need Shaq for extended minutes only when they're facing big centers (roughly 30 percent of the games) -- that's what the Suns need Shaq for now.

In the playoffs, the game is going to slow down some, and that's again where Shaq comes in to play. Somebody's got to play the 5, why not the Diesel?

But if you're a Suns fans, keep your fingers and toes crossed for good health for Shaq and Hill, especially.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=rose_jalen&id=3233246

I love the article. Especially knowing it coming from a guy who saw it all before.

bydpogi
02-07-2008, 06:50 PM
^ Barbosa's stroke is unorthodoxed as well. Parang Chico Tirona.

Qoute from an ESPN article regarding the trade:
This will be recorded as Kerr's first major move since assuming control of the Suns' front office and maybe the biggest trade he'll ever make. He knows he's "on the line" with how it turns out.

"If it works, I'm a genius," Kerr said. "If it doesn't, I'm a moron, I guess."

Maybe that's why Kerr turned out to be the hardest to convince.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080207

Im thinking of a third posibility here: Kerr will end up both Genius and Moron at the sametime. This is assuming Phoenix win it all this year and turns out to be like Miami in the next two seasons.* :P Hopely not as I value this team so much.

Ok to, talaga namang ganyan minsan kailangang sumugal, no guts no glory...pero sana wag nilang makatapat ang spurs sa playoffs kasi isang clothes line lang ulit ni horry kay nash tapos nanaman ang pangarap ng suns... :)

gameface_one
02-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Suns acquire giant center O'Neal in blockbuster trade with Heat

Agence France-Presse

MIAMI - Four-time NBA champion Shaquille O'Neal was traded from the Miami Heat to the Phoenix Suns in a three-player deal that sees Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks go to Miami, the Suns reported on Wednesday.

O'Neal, who was named one of the NBA's 50 Greatest Players of all-time, boarded a flight to Phoenix on Wednesday morning to meet with team officials and undergo a physical.

"We're thrilled to add a player and person of Shaquille's quality to our roster," Suns general manager Steve Kerr said.

"We believe this addition strengthens our team. We thank Shawn and Marcus for their contributions to our team.

"Shawn in particular has been a tremendous player for this organization the past eight-and-a-half years and his impact both on and off the court in Phoenix will not be forgotten."

The Suns said O'Neal, Marion and Banks would all have to pass physicals before the trade could be finalized.

O'Neal, who is currently sidelined with a hip injury, had his string of 14 straight all-star appearances broken this season. The 7ft 1in, 325-pound O'Neal turns 36 next month.

The former Los Angeles Laker is averaging a career-low 14.2 points and has played just four games since December 27 with the Heat.

Miami players were saying little at Wednesday morning's practice before the blockbuster trade became official.

"I have no reaction yet because I don't know the truth. Until that time comes -- this is the NBA, I'm not surprised at anything that happens or anything that's said," Dwyane Wade said.

O'Neal is one of the prolific scorers in NBA history. The 16-year veteran led the Heat to an NBA championship in 2006. Before that he powered the Lakers to NBA titles in 2000, 2001, 2002.

Sports Illustrated said on its web site that the Heat initiated trade talks with the Suns because the relationship between O'Neal and team president and coach Pat Riley had soured.

The deal also has major ramifications for the Suns since O'Neal has two years and 40 million dollars remaining on his contract after this season.

Miami is struggling this season and own a league-worst 9-37 record just two seasons since they won an NBA championship.

Marion asked to be traded over the summer after the team turned down his request for a three-year, 60 million dollar contract.

The 29-year-old Marion is a four-time all-star. He is averaging 15.8 points and 9.9 rebounds this season.

Banks, 26, has averaged 5.2 points and 1.0 assists as a backup to MVP Steve Nash.

After this season, he has three years left on his contract worth a total of 13.4 million dollars.

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Arguably the best article regarding Shaq-Matrix trade if your a Phoenix Fan. ;D

http://hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/index.php/2008/02/07/why-phoenix-made-the-deal-for-shaq/

tigerman
02-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Baka naman sinasabotahe ni Kerr ang Phoenix? ;D Remember that Kerr used to play for San Antonio.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

john_paul_manahan
02-08-2008, 03:25 AM
^ Shaq trade is bothering Kobe all night. Only 4/16 from the field.* ;D

more like the hand injury he got in the game versus jersey.

coreytaylor
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
The Phoenix Suns will regret their decision of trading Marion for Oneal. Oneal can't run and Phoenix's game is more on fast-paced, up-tempo offense relying on fastbreaks and quick scoring. Steve Kerr is an idiot!

mighty_lion
02-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Oneal says otherwise. In a presscon he said he will prove his critics that he can run and fit the Suns uptempo game.* ;D Maybe we have underestimated the Suns training staff here. Suns do have the best training and medical staff among NBA teams to start with. Risky as it is but it might work.

"I'm very upset," he said Thursday at a news conference to introduce him as a member of his new team. "You just don't really want to get me upset. When I'm upset, I'm known to do certain things -- like win championships."

"This team has always been there in the Western Conference," he said. "They just couldn't quite get over the hump. I think with my experience and my on the court-off the court leadership, I can help them get over the hump."

Asked what he felt when he heard he could be going to Phoenix, O'Neal said, "I wanted it to happen because I was going to be coming to a fabulous team with a lot of unselfish players, a lot of great players."

"The last couple of years I was in a system that we really didn't run, so you automatically think I can't run," he said. "But I love to run, especially if I'm playing with a great guy like Steve Nash. I look forward to making people eat their words, I really do."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmvjsfZYV8Vy0DleGAaj.aS8vLYF?slug=ap-shaqtrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

I asked a colleague working in Phoenix few hours ago regarding his thought about this trade. He said they are pretty exited with the Shaq acquisition and at the same time they are praying hard for Shaq's health and hopely a title.

Gusto ko rin yong nabasa ko somewhere where D'Antoni and Kerr acknowledged that winning the Western Conference Title is going to be hard for them if they will go status quo. Suns will always be an elite team in the West with Marion but the trade was done for Suns "puncher's chance" to win it all.

Go Suns!* ;D ;D

erichubert
02-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Upon further thought, this trade might work for Phoenix. Shaq just really needs to play his part and stay motivated. I think from what we saw in the New Orleans game yesterday, Phoenix remains to be potent even without Marion, sometimes he even became a big distraction to them with his whining about not getting enough touches so there was a chance he would leave at the end of the season leaving them holding an empty bag. At least now, they got Shaq in return. Shaq could get the role that Kurt Thomas was doing before, and of course he could score more and be a leader more than Thomas ever was.

oca
02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
What I like most of this trade is, more than players involved and their effect or prospective contribution to their new teams, the GM's job/ role is again up for discussion. (At least for guys like me, anyway. ;) )

To be a GM is to be paid well. Lots of perks. You don't have to take as much risk, as what coaches do during games. If your team loses, the coach takes the blame. If it wins, the players take credit, and the GM can say, "I brought these guys here".

That is assuming your acquisition of players are low risk but with good prospects for very good returns, sounds fine to so called experts. It doesn't have to be a popular decision, but acceptable and aggeable at its face. Stay within these parameters, you secure your fat paycheck, all the while sitting on your a$$.

But we find a Steve Kerr, a first year GM, who goes against all that and even gave critics a punchline if this becomes a flop-- they can call him a moron!

Prior to the trade, Steve Kerr has more rings than all the players in that team combined. (Or does he also have more rings than Shaq?) He was part of not one but 2 champion franchises. Each with a different character, yet both winners. Being part of those teams makes him a winner and he is not your end-of-the-bench-cheering-player. He is one capable of taking a championship winning shot.

Now, how many kind of winners of Kerr's type are holding GM post? There are almost 3 dozen GMs in the league. All collecting fat paychecks and enjoying their perks. But how many franchises have become champions after the Jordan/ Bulls era? Kerr is even part of post Jordan era champion team.

He knows what it takes to win. Now he shows he can and will take that risk to win. Being competitive isn't enough anymore. You have to win up until June of every year.

Yes, he may just be called a moron after the first round of the playoffs. But I'll take a moron who acts to win, than a so called street smart executive whose team is just another name on the roster of NBA franchises.

Besides, if he proves to be a moron, he can be fired and a better moron can take his place. A true moron who collects fat paychecks and sits on their a$$es.

erichubert
02-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I do commend Kerr for what he did, the risk involved makes it really an unbelievable trade. What I liked about his mindset is that he wants to win championships, he won't settle for anything else. The ruthless aspect of Kerr makes him perfect for the Suns who the past years have been too laid back and free-wheeling. At the end of the day, what Kerr brought to the franchise is the mindset of a champion, that it isn't enough to have the best record in the regular season or the most enjoyable team in the league, in the end, it is about that ring.

But Kerr is not your normal GM, he doesn't need the job, he was really convinced to take it by Robert Sarver, the owner of the Suns. He isn't afraid to take the risk because if he fails, he can always go back to his passion- being a writer and broadcaster.

dark_seid
02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
and commend pat riley. he made an under-performing player with a $20M salary disappear. now 2010 can arrive without dwade thinking about ... some other destination aside from miami.

tigerman
02-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I just read this article in suns.com and to my surprise, Shaq made his NBA debut vs. Phoenix. We might as well say that this team is where he will probably end his storied career.

And what a way to start your NBA career Mr. O' Neal! Pabagsakin ba naman ang goal. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

gameface_one
02-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Why the Suns went for Shaq
THE GAME OF MY LIFE By Bill Velasco
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Philstar.com

Surveys say basketball fans in the US overwhelmingly believe that the trade of Shaquille O’Neal to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks was a bad deal for Phoenix. The Suns have been a dominant team in the West, have the most exciting offense, and have consistently overperformed.

So why did Suns general manager Steve Kerr pull the trigger?

Close doesn’t count. The only thing that would satisfy the Phoenix Suns management is their first NBA title in four decades of existence. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, the saying goes. And many experts have argued that Phoenix does not know how to play playoff (i.e. San Antonio Spurs) style basketball. They couldn’t walk it up, because they didn’t have a big man to toss it into. Running only gets you so far.

Half a Shaq is still better. True, O’Neal is averaging career lows, around 15 points and 8 rebounds a game. And he is injured. And he is overweight. But, he can still post up, and is hard to push out of the paint. This is a dimension the Suns have never had. And half a Shaq is still half of a real center who has dominated the league in years past. In his book, “Who’s Better, Who’s Best in Basketball?” NBA statistician Elliott Kalb says, “Shaquille O’Neal is the best of the almost four thousand NBA players who have ever suited up in a uniform.” Half of that is still better than half the centers in the NBA.

Time is running out. No matter how many times Steve Nash pooh-poohs the age card, he’s still 34. Phoenix has much more mileage than most of the teams, and this is because they’ve been so good so consistently. Someone is going to break down, eventually. In two or three years’ time, the team will have to rebuild. They had to gamble in the hope of winning now.

Half the job is done. Whatever happens, the Suns are going to be in the playoffs. If not for a freak jumper by Peja Stojakovic to beat the buzzer, Phoenix would have beaten New Orleans, their hottest team in the West, without Shawn Marion. The rest of the players like Boris Diaw, have stepped into the void. All Shaq needs to do, realistically, is help them win a handful of crucial games in the playoffs, especially against teams that have talented big men, like Los Angeles and San Antonio.

Shaq needs a change. He’s gotten fat and lazy. He got a quick fix with a championship in Miami. Although he’s part of the reason they’ve been lousy this year, Shaq always needs new motivation. But unlike Michael Jordan, who needed bigger goals to get himself going, Shaq’s energy comes from changes of scenery. He needs a new toy so he can play well with others. And a fighting chance to take down LA?

Marion wanted out. Two days before training camp, Matrix expressed his desire to be traded. Seems he and Amare Stoudemire can’t really get along, despite results. Management was concerned that, when crunch time came in a big game, their differences might surface, costing the team when it is most crucial. With Shaq, they may not have that problem. Maybe.

More West games. The Suns have the best record in the West, but that’s because they’ve won more against East teams. They still have a lot of battles against fellow West powerhouses, and remember, they need to get out of the West first before even thinking about the Finals. A healthy Shaq would be a big help in getting them over the hump.

Playing possum. Remember the last year or so? Riley has surgery, Shaq and Wade go on vacation, and when the Heat get interesting, they come back. Shaq may not actually be as hurt as Miami claims he is. For all we know, he may have some minor injury, but is exaggerating it so he can get out of there. Why risk getting injured when you’re buying a ticket out?

Of course, the biggest question mark is whether or not Shaq is really motivated to even get back in shape. The warm weather might just relax him too much, and the Suns do have a surplus of wins at this point. If he doesn’t coast, if he gets excited playing alongside Nash, this may turn out to be a good trade for Phoenix. But if ever, it’s only for the short term.

oca
02-11-2008, 11:59 AM
If Phoenix makes the Finals, but fails to win the title, will that still make Kerr a moron?

Sabi kasi ni Shaq, he will help the Suns go over the hump.... ang nakita kong hump ay yung hirap nilang makapasok sa finals? ::)

Of course he did motioned sliding a championhsip ring through his finger when he was first introduced to the Phoenix homecrowd. But I interpret that as a bad finger gesture to those who were critical of the trade. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GHRanger
02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
The first think Shaq should worry about are the extra humps on his belly, arms, legs and chest. If he get's into shape, he'll be in a better position to help out Nash et al.

erichubert
02-11-2008, 03:03 PM
The only way this trade works for Kerr is if they win the championship. Nothing else would be enough and the best chance they have to win is this year and next year. After that it would be almost impossible to win with a core of an aging Shaq, Nash, Bell and Grant Hill.

mighty_lion
02-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Shaq never had a team like this one before that he dont have to the first, second, third nor fourth option. Phoenix have 6 players who can score 20 points on a given night. 3 Suns players can light up 30 points anytime depending on the mismatch. In short, Shaq dont have to score that much for Phoenix to win even without Marion.

Of course sa opensa lang yun. *;D Sa depensa, this is by far the worst defensive team Shaq will play. Imho, tapikin lang ni Shaq sa balikat ang first 8 rotations ng Suns, sigurado talsik. *;D ;D

Shaq's contract is a $20 million expiring by 2010. Dagdag mo pa ang contract ni Nash somewhere $10 million. Sana masilat ng Suns kahit isa man lang kina Lebron, Wade and Bosh. ;D ;D

mighty_lion
02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Thoughts on the Shaq Trade
Posted by: Gilbert Arenas (nba.com)

It makes sense to me because they never had a post play. They never had somebody they can throw the ball into in the post. As much as they run and gun, all those years they couldn’t get far. They’ve been having nice records during the regular season, but once playoffs hit they got hurt by post play.

They can run all they want, but now they got that five man that they can just throw the ball into once in a blue moon that’s going to attract double teams and that’s going to get people in foul trouble. Amare doesn’t have to worry about sticking Tim Duncan anymore and all these other five mans, he can just play offense.

I know Shaq’s numbers have been down in rebounding, but you have that big fella down there, all he’s going to do is rebound, throw the ball up the court and they’re going to run. In the fourth quarter if they start struggling from the outside with their shots, they can just throw it down into the big fella.

Now if they run that one-four pick and roll with Amare rolling to the basket and the five man comes over to help, who’s going to be wide open on that five man’s side? Shaquille O’Neal.

If Amare does catch the ball, and he’s two feet from the basket and he misses it, who’s on the other side? Shaquille O’Neal.

Shaq’s never played with a four man like this in his career or a one man like this in his career. He played with Penny, but Penny wasn’t this kind of point guard. This is going to be interesting to see what happens because Shaq’s the third option. I know he can live with that right now. All he’s doing is bringing a bigger name and a bigger body to a team that runs and guns and already knows how to win.

It should be easier for them to win the championship. They have every element. You have your five man who’s a big body who can rebound, that’s all you need him for – a distraction. You throw the ball down to him in the post in the half court offense. They don’t need him for full court, just half court. When they get into a half-court situation, throw it down into him. If he doesn’t have anything, he’ll throw it back out and somebody’s going to shoot. Who are you going to double team now?

I know people are looking around thinking, “Oh, he doesn’t have anything left in the tank. He’s declining.” Come on, Shaq misses games because he wants to miss games, he’s protecting his body. But, at the end of the day, if he has something to play for he’s going to play. He’s never missed the playoffs. That’s what he’s built for, the playoffs. Doesn’t anybody remember Kareem’s last couple years when he was with Magic Johnson and that Showtime team? He was still rebounding and throwing outlet passes. That’s all Shaq needs to do.

Steve Kerr did what he had to do. You don’t see moves like that happening a lot, but when they do, it increases the team’s value that much. Hopefully I can get some tickets when we play out there.

Now Raja Bell has that big fella behind him so he might break out the clothesline once again, haha.

I don’t know if losing Kurt Thomas this summer was the real reason that led to this deal. You get rid of pieces to get pieces. They needed a change because what they were doing wasn’t getting them to where they needed to get to. That was a brilliant move by them.

http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=400032200

oca
02-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Most current and retired NBA players sees the reason for this trade. In a way, the wisdom of it. They know how this thing will work out on the court. Who else would be in a better position to make those statements?

The executives and professional scribes?

Tagal ng playoffs.....

stonecold316
02-18-2008, 02:01 AM
With Shaq around, Phoenix only becomes more dangerous. Expect Shaq to have the motivation to shed some of his unwanted weight and bring the Suns its first tast of NBA championship. Who knows, the year will be now.

stonecold316

gameface_one
02-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Shaq trade
THE GAME OF MY LIFE By Bill Velasco
Monday, February 18, 2008
Philstar.com

Slowly, a few more beat writers have been raising questions about what was so one-sided about the Shaquille O’Neal-Shawn Marion trade.

Initially, it seemed like an overwhelming majority of American sports fans thumbed down the exchange, saying it was a bad deal for the Phoenix Suns.

Here are some other points to consider.

Marion was not irreplaceable. Phoenix is leading the West, and has won three of its last four games, seven of their last 10. Understandably, Phoenix stumbled against San Antonio, New Orleans and Golden State. All this, despite the boat being rocked by the trade, and the subsequent changes in rosters. Still the Suns have been winning without Marion, and without Shaq.

Steve Kerr showed guts. The Phoenix Suns general manager pulled the trigger on a trade that caused a huge uproar, but actually brought even more attention to Phoenix. Let’s face it, you can’t sit on the fence in this kind of situation. With the pieces he had, Kerr wouldn’t have won an NBA title. Now, at least, he has a chance, albeit a very intriguing one.

Shaq is a show unto himself. It’s like the circus has come to Phoenix.

Shaquille O’Neal, like Gorgeous George and Muhammad Ali before him, is a showman, plain and simple. His first practice made news, even though it didn’t look so good for him. And now, there are surveys asking what new or old nickname to give him, and sales of his new jersey and merchandise are climbing.

Shaq doesn’t need to run. If the Suns can win by running without a solid rebounder like Shaq, just think of how much better they can be with him. All the great centers started fastbreaks, but didn’t necessarily run them. So it’s not accurate to say that Shaq can’t run with the Suns; he doesn’t have to. With Nash, Barbosa and Stoudemire, Shaq would slow them down if he ran. But teams are already hard-pressed to stop the Suns as it is. If they get more rebounds, they can run even more.

It addressed the need. True, the Suns have been playing excellently and the record proves it. Still, they have been occasionally joyless, save for the rare thriller. But the sore point is that they have been beaten up by every team that has a quality big man. If Shaq is healthy, even if he doesn’t run, he will plug the vacuum in the middle. Who can really push him around? And if the Suns can’t run, then they can wait for Shaq and pound it inside, a dimension they didn’t have before.

The Magic-Kareem principle. Some astute writers have pointed out that Shaq has played with some really talented players, but never a high-quality point guard. Kareem was a great player, if a bit unentertaining, and certainly expressionless, until Magic Johnson came around. Not a few NBA observers have said that Magic extended Kareem’s career by a few years precisely because the Lakers ran and took the pressure off him. The same applies. If you think Shaq is happy, imagine how Steve Nash feels.

Chemistry gets better. Marion and Stoudemire didn’t get along, and it showed. What if they were in a big game and that feud flared up? When O’Neal is in a good mood, everybody’s happy. And there is no reason for Shaq to be in a bad mood in the near future. This team has a solid chance to win, and he could be the last piece they need.

Standing still gets rewarded. There are many exciting teams in the NBA, they just don’t win championships. Many teams are perpetual contenders, just ask former Phoenix Sun Charles Barkley. Teams would rather stay thrilling also-rans than gamble on getting better. Look at the Lakers. They gave up Shaq because Kobe was younger and would sell out more seasons, never mind the chances of winning a championship.

Steve Kerr had a great team three weeks ago, no doubt. But isn’t the goal to win a championship?

Money is not really an issue. Teams have demonstrated their ability to trade players with expiring contracts and get something big in exchange. LA just did it with Kwame Brown, and got Pau Gasol. Even if Shaq doesn’t pan this year, he stirred things up, and got other teams thinking about how to get better. That may not help Phoenix win a title, but it will help the rest of the NBA think championship, not just box office.

Seriously, think about the possibility, which is what Phoenix is gambling on. Just the mere possibility of unloading a gifted malcontent for a proven winner. And remember, all Willis Redd had to do was hit two jump shots, and the New York Knicks did the rest in blowing out the Lakers in that classic final more than three decades ago.

It could happen again.

oca
02-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Ano ka ba naman, Bill. Do you expect Shaq to hit 2 jump shots ala Reed? Bobo nga sa FT, jump shot pa! ;D ;D ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
02-18-2008, 10:11 PM
The Suns won't win against the Lakers even when they have Shaq. We have the KGB connection. ;D

Kid Cubao
02-20-2008, 11:33 AM
the suns have eliminated the lakers in the playoffs the last two, three years. remember the most ignominious NBA playoff series loss ever was the suns-lakers first round encounter of 2006. coming into game 5, los angeles had the series all but sewn up with a 3-1 record.

the lakers lost game 5.

and game 6.

and game 7 ;D

mighty_lion
02-20-2008, 11:46 AM
That was one awesome playoff series to watch back. Favorite moment ko is when Bell body slammed Kobe on the floor. Kulit mo ha?&*%? Uhmm eto sayo. ;D :P

But true, this season Suns is having difficulty defeating the Lakers because of Bynums improvement. First 3 minutes pa lang foul trouble na agad si Amare.

char11
02-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Shaq's first game in Phoenix was ok. His offensive presence definitely helped Amare's 37pts 15reb 3blk line. Down the stretch during the 4th he showed that he can still put up some points with his post-game. His presence on the Suns offense gave them a lot of 2nd chance points and some easy baskets. So that's a plus side on their offense cause in time they'll have a formidable half-court set in their playbook.

However, they're in a pinch defensively. Raja Bell's the only one left who's good at perimeter D. Shaq, Nash and Amare, are very poor pick-and-roll defenders and teams will take full advantage of that, like what PJ and the Lakers did. I'm not very optimistic that they'll be able to improve on their defense with the players they currently have.

well this last LA-PHX season game lived up the hype. Too bad for Shaq that Kobe dropped 41pts too spoil his debut game.

Shaq at the post-game interview was very optimistic regarding the Suns future though. In fact, he said something along the lines, that he'll probably need 4-5 days before he could make an sizeable impact in PHX. Guess what, after going through Boston and Detroit, in 5 days, they'll be up against the Griz. LOL ;D For him to predict that.. Shaq will make a good Analyst after his NBA career. ;)

john_paul_manahan
02-23-2008, 02:42 AM
no problems in shaq's debut.

kaya naman niya. given the arms race in the west, it's a risk worth taking.

King_stag
02-23-2008, 03:02 AM
A playoff investment maybe. But the risk is they took is really big, Shaq is battling arthritic toes, calcified knees, herniated back discs and, most recently, hip problems before he was shifted to the suns. Just hope the big guy stays healthy this time ;D. Love the way shaq runs the floor :P

BigBlue
02-23-2008, 12:51 PM
it has been mentioned elsewhere that the suns were also considering to trade for Sam Dalembert and perhaps another player, perhaps Thaddeus Young for Marion. Would this have been a better than the trade for Shaq?

mighty_lion
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
it has been mentioned elsewhere that the suns were also considering to trade for Sam Dalembert and perhaps another player, perhaps Thaddeus Young for Marion. Would this have been a better than the trade for Shaq?

Cant really say. Suns have been shopping Marion since offseason. Id rather do a Ben Wallace and Deng or Thomas for Marion Imho.

joelex
02-25-2008, 05:27 PM
After 3 games, the gamble has shown no sign of paying. No breakout game yet for oneal, no substantial impact. gives up 130 to the Lakers, scores only 85 against boston which they won simply because pierce and allen shoots 25% combined, loses by 30 to detroit, all at home.

If 3 of your starters are 35 and your game plan is to run, then youve definitely got the wrong materials. And in Phoenix, the only bench theyve got is the bench itself.

coreytaylor
02-25-2008, 05:40 PM
the only reason they took shaq is because they wanted to match with san antonio,lakers,etc in the playoffs. they just wont win playing fast-paced basketball with these teams in the playoffs because they defend well.

flsfnoeraekadad
02-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Shaq is bringing down the Suns FT%

He is clogging their offense

He's bricking layups especially vs Detroit

If Shuttleworth and Pierce didn't have off-nights last Saturday, the Celtics might have torn the Suns to pieces.

joelex
02-25-2008, 10:34 PM
the only reason they took shaq is because they wanted to match with san antonio,lakers,etc in the playoffs. they just wont win playing fast-paced basketball with these teams in the playoffs because they defend well.

That may be arguable, but even if thats the case, losing Marion for Shaq still doesnt look like a good deal.

2005, lost Joe Johnson to injury in the WCF
2006, no Amare all season, plays small ball all the way, still pushes the Mavs to the limit.
2007, 2-2 vs the Spurs, until that questionable suspension against both Stoudemire and Diaw.

They just didnt have the breaks the past few years. If this were like even a 2003-2004 version of Shaq, it would still be reasonable. But its 2008 last time I checked.

Shaq should just watch the PBA finals and look at how rejuvenated Marlou Aquino is ;D

coreytaylor
02-27-2008, 03:11 AM

That may be arguable, but even if thats the case, losing Marion for Shaq still doesnt look like a good deal.

2005, lost Joe Johnson to injury in the WCF
2006, no Amare all season, plays small ball all the way, still pushes the Mavs to the limit.
2007, 2-2 vs the Spurs, until that questionable suspension against both Stoudemire and Diaw.

They just didnt have the breaks the past few years. If this were like even a 2003-2004 version of Shaq, it would still be reasonable. But its 2008 last time I checked.

Shaq should just watch the PBA finals and look at how rejuvenated Marlou Aquino is ;D

^ you may be correct in some point. i was also disappointed with the trade, trading of shawn marion, but what can we say? trades do happen...

King_stag
02-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Shaq is a respected ambassador of the game. Blame it all on steve kerr hehe ;D. Colangelo made the suns turnaround. steve is not a good GM.