PDA

View Full Version : A Trip Down Memory Lane (The Studio 23 UAAP Replays)

Dark Knight
01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Im watching right now the replay of Game 1 of the 2000 UAAP championship between FEU and La salle. How time flies very fast. I remeber i waswatching this game that year when i was still in my last year with FEU. I almost forgot the players that were involved during that time.

FEU

Avenido
Bacani
Castro
Cruz
Roldan
Catli
Sinco
Zablan
Jones
Tolentino

that black fil am guy who reports for FEU at the sidelines.
Koy Banal's first year as coach.

La Salle

Wilson
Magsumbol
Cortez
Jose
Sta Maria
Manalo
Ritualo
Vainio
Castro
Ramos
Cuan
Gozum

courtside reporter George Rocha

even the sponsors

Milo
Close up
Cali Shandy
Kamiseta

Sacdalan and Turcuato doing the analysis

This the first year of ABSCBN broadcast of UAAP. Too bad FEU lost that game but our memories are the real winner. Thanks ABSCBN

AnthonyServinio
01-09-2008, 12:44 AM

* * *THAT was no Fil-Am but a 100% pure-blooded Nigerian exchange student named Ian Adewuya.* Who could foresee at that time that there would be an even bigger Nigerian in the future for Coach Koy Banal!* *:o ;D

Dark Knight
01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks sir Anthony.

They are still using the 2 20 minute half format.

The game was very close and could have gone either way. With a few seconds remaining, and La Salle up by 2, Bacani took a 3point shot at the left corner but was short. It spelled doom for the Tams.

Celino Cruz was very good along with Bacani and Castro. ROY was Cortez. MVP was Alvarez. Avenido was in his sophomore years. It was the last year of Roldan, Bacani and Cruz. It was also the last year of Ritualo.

You can see the youthness of Jones, Sinco, Catli and Zablan and their awkward moves but later will capture the crown 3years later along with the arrival of Isip in 2001 and Santos in 2002.

james_ty
01-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks sir Anthony.

The game was very close and could have gone either way. With a few seconds remaining, and La Salle up by 2, Bacani took a 3point shot at the left corner but was short. It spelled doom for the Tams.

Celino Cruz was very good along with Bacani and Castro. ROY was Cortez. MVP was Alvarez. Avenido was in his sophomore years. It was the last year of Roldan, Bacani and Cruz. It was also the last year of Ritualo.

You can see the youthness of Jones, Sinco, Catli and Zablan and their awkward moves but later will capture the crown 3years later along with the arrival of Isip in 2001 and Santos in 2002.

Don't forget Denok Miranda and RJ Rizada.

Of that group, only Santos, Miranda and Isip are enjoying good PBA careers.

Catli's game has gone down due to lack of playing time.

Where's Jones now? Isn't he looking for another team. As far as I know, he was released by San Mig Coffee to make room for Sam Ekwe.

paul_tamaraws
01-09-2008, 08:09 PM
for me, DLSU and FEU are the greatest finals game i have ever watched, both facing each other 3 times since 2000, the last time FEU won over DLSU in the championship was in 2005...

Dark Knight
01-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks sir Anthony.

Don't forget Denok Miranda and RJ Rizada.

Where's Jones now? Isn't he looking for another team. As far as I know, he was released by San Mig Coffee to make room for Sam Ekwe.

Rizada's rookie year was 2002 if im not mistaken. sabay sila pumasok ni Santos. Nasa Mentos rookie watch commercial sya along with Kramer in 2002 thats why last year nya nung 2005.

Sayang talaga si Jones. A behind the basket post player. Yun ang wala ang FEU line up ngayon.

Dark Knight
01-09-2008, 10:16 PM
for me, DLSU and FEU are the greatest finals game i have ever watched, both facing each other 3 times since 2000, the last time FEU won over DLSU in the championship was in 2005...

FEU and DLSU faced 3 times also during the 90's. 1991, 1997 and 1998.

tigerman
01-09-2008, 11:30 PM
It was also the last year of Ritualo.

Ritualo's last year in the UAAP was in 2001. He was part of the 4-peat DLSU teams from 1998-2001.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

atenean_blooded
01-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Im watching right now the replay of Game 1 of the 2000 UAAP championship between FEU and La salle. How time flies very fast. I remeber i waswatching this game that year when i was still in my last year with FEU. I almost forgot the players that were involved during that time.

FEU

Avenido
Bacani
Castro
Cruz
Roldan
Catli
Sinco
Zablan
Jones
Tolentino

La Salle

Wilson
Magsumbol
Cortez
Jose
Sta Maria
Manalo
Ritualo
Vainio
Castro
Ramos
Cuan
Gozum

courtside reporter George Rocha

even the sponsors

Milo
Close up
Cali Shandy
Kamiseta

Sacdalan and Turcuato doing the analysis

This the first year of ABSCBN broadcast of UAAP. Too bad FEU lost that game but our memories are the real winner. Thanks ABSCBN

The part of this game I remember most was that La Salle rally, where Mon Jose anchored the press, stole the ball, passed it to Ritualo, who hit a three. This play was repeated several times in a row.

stonecold316
01-15-2008, 04:31 AM
Ok din ang naging replay ng laban between UST vs UE.

UST back then has Cyrus Baguio, Nino Gelig, Marvin Ortiguerra, Glen Manching, Alwyn Espiritu, () Hubalde, Gilbert Lao, Melchor Latoreno, etc. while UE then has rookie James Yap, Paul Artadi, Ronald Tubid, etc.

Down the wire ang naging finish ng laro. It was a good thing that UST hold on to the lead and won the game to gain entry to the Final Four. UST in 2000 was the host of the UAAP. This was the first time that Studio 23 aired the UAAP games. Wala pa ang NCAA nito. Nasa Channel 4 pa ata sila. (Correct me if I am wrong).

stonecold316

Dark Knight
01-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Ist Game

Date : Sep. 21, 2000

Scenario : Do or die game between UE and UST for the last slot in the Season 63 Final 4.

Venue : Ninoy Aquino Stadium

Commentators : Mark Molina and Mico Halili

Sponsors : Cali Shandy, Milo, Nestea, Secret Deodorant, Safeguard, Globe GenTxt, Closeup

Sidelights : Nestea Face Of The Day, JAG Player Profile, Ascend True Filipina Beauty

Sidecourt Reporters : Jonathan Perez for UE and a certain Christine from UST.

Coaches : Aric Del Rosario for UST and former Tanduay player Itoy Esguerra for UE

Players :

UE

James Yap (rookie)
Aldwin Manubag (last year)
Adrian Ronquillo
Ronald Tubid
Omar Ali (foreign stude)
Paul Artadi
Jason Alminario
Arnold Booker
Jayarr Estrada
Paulo Hubalde

UST

Mel Latoreno
Cyrus Baguio
Alwin Espiritu
Marvin Ortiguerra (last year)
Glen Manching
Nino Gelig
Gilbert Lao
Derick Hubalde
Jake Agleron
Dondon Villamin (rookie)

Highlights : A very exciting ballgame. UST took early control leading by as much as 11 points. It was during the last half of 2nd half when UE slowly inch their way thru the game with the steals of Artadi ad clutch plays by Manubag. We see flashes of brilliance from then rookie James Yap. Gelig is amazing with his fastbreak dunk off Booker that brought the house down.

Contratry to what many believe, Ortiguerra didnt win a single championship for UST in his UAAPO career. He was arookie in 1997 and 2000 is his last year.

Ironically, UE's team consultant is Alfrancis chua who played for UST. Codinera watched and Babilonia.

Dark Knight
01-15-2008, 06:17 PM
2nd Game

Date : Sep. 28, 2000

Scenario : Do or die game between ADMU and FEU for the last slot for the right to meet La Salle in the Season 63 Finals.

Sponsors : Cali Shandy, Milo, Nestea, Secret Deodorant, Safeguard, Globe GenTxt, Closeup

Sidelights : Nestea Face Of The Day, JAG Player Profile, Ascend True Filipina Beauty

Sidecourt Reporters : Nigerian Iya Adewuya for FEU and Pia Arcangel from ADMU (who will later be GMA 7 reporter married to Mico Halili).

Coaches : Rookie coach Koy Banal for FEU (minus the optical device) and the now ousted UP coach Joe Lipa for Ateneo.

Players :

FEU

Leo Avenido
Edwin Bacani (last year)
Rysal Castro
Celino Cruz (last year)
Mico Roldan (last year)
Cesar Catli (rookie)
Rhagnee Sinco
James Zablan
Gerard Jones
Michael Tolentino
James Razon
Vincent Conlu

ADMU

Rainier Sison
Wesley Gonzales
Enrico Villanueva
Rich Alvarez
Paolo Bugia
Andrew Cruz
Magnum Membrere
Larry Fonacier

Highlights : Another exciting game (as always). Contrary to what many believe (because maybe they have forgotten) Mico Roldan made the last second winning shot in the game 1 face off between FEU and ADMU. The game was close until FEU made a run in the 2nd half. Ateneo kept the game close but Membrere's ill advised trifectas thats not going in spelled doom for the Eagles.

I love to see again the trash talkings between Gonzales and Bacani (which Gonzales will share with Artadi in the coming seasons). Little known Tolentino who's been beched all season long contributed 8 points in lieu of Castro's foul trouble.

FEU's coaching staff includes Bert Flores (who will capteure the crown in 2005) and team consultant Danny Gavieres ( who gave FEU the 1997 title and who's daughter Yvette will bore a son courtesy of Santos).

This season also saw Adamson registered a 0-14 record. NU fared better with 4 wins.

stonecold316
01-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Wow, thanks for the game analysis. At least sa mga hindi nakapanood, they were able to visualize what happened in the game with your account. Mabuhay ka sir.

stonecold316

Dark Knight
01-16-2008, 12:02 PM
No prob stonecold. I made this thread for future reference. ;D

james_ty
01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
2nd Game

Date : Sep. 28, 2000

Scenario : Do or die game between ADMU and FEU for the last slot for the right to meet La Salle in the Season 63 Finals.

Sidecourt Reporters : Nigerian Iya Adewuya for FEU and Pia Arcangel from ADMU (who will later be GMA 7 reporter married to Mico Halili).

Coaches : Rookie coach Koy Banal for FEU (minus the optical device) and the now ousted UP coach Joe Lipa for Ateneo.

Players :

FEU

Leo Avenido
Edwin Bacani (last year)
Rysal Castro
Celino Cruz (last year)
Mico Roldan (last year)
Cesar Catli (rookie)
Rhagnee Sinco
James Zablan
Gerard Jones
Michael Tolentino
James Razon
Vincent Conlu

ADMU

Rainier Sison
Wesley Gonzales
Enrico Villanueva
Rich Alvarez
Paolo Bugia
Andrew Cruz
Magnum Membrere
Larry Fonacier

Highlights : Another exciting game (as always). Contrary to what many believe (because maybe they have forgotten) Mico Roldan made the last second winning shot in the game 1 face off between FEU and ADMU. The game was close until FEU made a run in the 2nd half. Ateneo kept the game close but Membrere's ill advised trifectas thats not going in spelled doom for the Eagles.

I love to see again the trash talkings between Gonzales and Bacani (which Gonzales will share with Artadi in the coming seasons). Little known Tolentino who's been beched all season long contributed 8 points in lieu of Castro's foul trouble.

FEU's coaching staff includes Bert Flores (who will capteure the crown in 2005) and team consultant Danny Gavieres ( who gave FEU the 1997 title and who's daughter Yvette will bore a son courtesy of Santos).

This season also saw Adamson registered a 0-14 record. NU fared better with 4 wins.

Yesterday was the second time Studio 23 replayed that game. Can't that station air any more replays from later UAAP seasons?

Dark Knight
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi james, i didnt know it was the second time they replayed those games. Studio 23 will only show the season 63 F4 and Finals,, i think. ;D

pablohoney
01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Dark Knight; Rizada's rookie year was 2002 if im not mistaken. sabay sila pumasok ni Santos. Nasa Mentos rookie watch commercial sya along with Kramer in 2002 thats why last year nya nung 2005

Jhun Cortez, Jun Dizon and Anthony Espiritu of UST were rookies as well in 2002.
They already played their last game as Growling Tigers in the UAAP.

Ask ko lang, why didn't Rizada opt to play out his playing years, in this case till 2007, if he was indeed a rookie in 2002?
Is he in the PBA ba?

Thanks.

Dark Knight
01-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Dark Knight; Rizada's rookie year was 2002 if im not mistaken. sabay sila pumasok ni Santos. Nasa Mentos rookie watch commercial sya along with Kramer in 2002 thats why last year nya nung 2005

Jhun Cortez, Jun Dizon and Anthony Espiritu of UST were rookies as well in 2002.

Ask ko lang, why didn't Rizada opt to play out his playing years, in this case till 2007, if he was indeed a rookie in 2002?
Is he in the PBA ba?

Thanks.

Yun din pinagtataka ko bro. Both Rizada and Santos could have played their 5th and final year in 2006 but they opted to leave FEU. Maybe because they're already 25 years old come Season 69?

Had they stayed (like what Isip did, playing 5 full years) they could have been 4peat titlist. Santos was pressured to join PBA because of his skills but Rizada? Not that im downplaying his abilities.

pablohoney
01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks, DK.
AFAIK, ibang pressure ang nagpaalis kay Arwin sa Tams lineup. ;D
2002 riin pala si Arwind? Dahil siguro expectional ang talents niya, napagkamalan kong beteranong-beterano na siya. :)

oca
01-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks, DK.
AFAIK, ibang pressure ang nagpaalis kay Arwin sa Tams lineup.* ;D
2002 riin pala si Arwind? Dahil siguro expectional ang talents niya, napagkamalan kong beteranong-beterano na siya.* :)

Hindi mali ang akala mo. He may be a rookie that year but he was no college freshman.

Nowadays, we must distuinguish a rookie-college freshman from a rookie-upperclassman. This is in fairness to a legit college freshman, who in their rookie year may seem to underperform. But the reality is, they are simply rookies in the truest sense of the word.

Samantala ang isang rookie-upperclassman ay lamang sa maturity ng katawan at exposure sa game. Kaya hindi lang sila mukhang beterano, beterano na talaga.

Dark Knight
01-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks, DK.
AFAIK, ibang pressure ang nagpaalis kay Arwin sa Tams lineup.* ;D
2002 riin pala si Arwind? Dahil siguro expectional ang talents niya, napagkamalan kong beteranong-beterano na siya.* :)

Hindi mali ang akala mo. He may be a rookie that year but he was no college freshman.

Nowadays, we must distuinguish a rookie-college freshman from a rookie-upperclassman. This is in fairness to a legit college freshman, who in their rookie year may seem to underperform. But the reality is, they are simply rookies in the truest sense of the word.

Samantala ang isang rookie-upperclassman ay lamang sa maturity ng katawan at exposure sa game. Kaya hindi lang sila mukhang beterano, beterano na talaga.

Arwind acually played for a commercial league before joining FEU. Thats the point of contention raised by UP during that time because no player could play in UAAP if an athlete already played in commercial leagues.

But UP underestimated Montinola. ;D

Rizada though came from Ateneo De Davao.

pablohoney
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Sir Oca: bilib talaga ako sa iyo... may pagka ESP pala ang superpowers mo ;D... Actually yun nga ang tema ng post ko, pero na-obvious mo ;D
Pero tama ka, ang term na rookie ay iba-iba ang interpretasyon, eg Khazim Mirza and Soc Rivera. Both played in Season 70 for the first time, but only Soc Rivera is a true rookie, as Mirza has played college ball first at World Citi College. :) Eligible si Rivera sa ROY while Mirza is not.

DK: Iba rin talaga ang gayuma ni Sir Anton. ::) Malakas! ;)

tigerman
01-20-2008, 01:10 PM

Dude, just a correction.* ;D
Cortez, Dizon and Espiritu were not yet part of the Tigers in 2002. All of them started in 2003. I'm sure that Espiritu was still in the Tigercubs in 2002 because I was one batch ahead of him in the USTHS (I'm batch 2001). Cortez despite being in HS until 2002, last played HS ball in 2001 due to his age. Meanwhile, if I'm not mistaken, Dizon and Allan Evangelista were teammates while playing for the San Sebastian Staglets.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

stonecold316
01-21-2008, 02:30 PM

Right on the money ball ka Tigerman. Dizon and
Cortez, Dizon and Espiritu were not yet part of the Tigers in 2002. All of them started in 2003. I'm sure that Espiritu was still in the Tigercubs in 2002 because I was one batch ahead of him in the USTHS (I'm batch 2001). Cortez despite being in HS until 2002, last played HS ball in 2001 due to his age. Meanwhile, if I'm not mistaken, Dizon and Allan Evangelista were teammates while playing for the San Sebastian Staglets.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Tama ka Tigerman, both Jun Dizon and All Evangelista played junior's ball sa San Sebastian. I think they opted to play in USTe back then at bilib sila sa basketball program natin.

Dark Knight
02-05-2008, 06:33 PM
UAAP Season 64 Elimination 1st Round

July 28 '01

Ateneo Blue Eagles (2-1) vs Adamson Falcons (0-3)

Ateneo Players (apparel sponsored by Guess?)

Sison (last year)
Cruz
Villanueva
Alvarez
Tenorio (rookie)
Membrere
Bugia
Quimpo
Tanchi (last year)
Yao
Chia
Fonacier
Elmido

Coach: Joe Lipa (last year)

Courtside reporter : (the beautiful miss Patti Laurel who took over from Pia Arcangel)

Adamson Players:

Abadia (rookie)
Tagupa (rookie)
Hate
Rolan
Yong
Mangulabnan
Gandarosa
Taylor
Mamaclay
Ferrer
Capati
Tajonera

Coach : Luigi Trillo

Courtside reporter : a certain miss Santiago?

Ateneo 62, Adamson 59

After a frustrating winless record the previous season and a 0-3 start, the Falcons are out to get their very first win but the Eagles still held them. The game was very close until the last few minutes of the 4th quarter when Mamaclay suddenly scored 6 straight points to tie the ballgame. But Ateneo was'n denied of the win.

Adamson was led by then would be superstars Abadia and Tagupa and for Ateneo, the usual suspects. Controversy haunts Lipa (just like with his stint in UP) as he was rumoured to be replaced the following season after failing to advance to the Finals against the Tamaraws in Season 63 despite having the twice to beat advantage. Rainier Sison playing in his last year wears the "I Love Joe" band in his upper right uniform in support of his mercurial coach.

Ateneo made the Finals this season but lost to DLSU and AdU suffered their second consecutive winless record. It was not until season 65 when the Falcons notch their first win via defeating the weakened Tams.

I thought this is the game wherein Rico and Rolan exchange blows.* Tenorio already showed his brilliance in his rookie year. Curiously, former Adamson coach Bogs Adornado served as team consultant for the Eagles.

Saw even a glimpse of Bianca Gonzales watching in the sidelines.

Minor Awards : Milo Energy Player Of The Game, Close-Up Smile Of The Day, Globe Gentxt Steal Of The Game.

Commentators : Randy Sacdalan and Jude Turcuato.

Venue : The Blue Eagles Nest

Dark Knight
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM

August 2 '01

La Salle Green Archers ( 3-1 ) vs. NU Bulldogs ( 2-2 )

La Salle players: (apparel sponsored by FILA)

Ritualo (last year)
Cardona (rookie)
Wilson
Manalo
Sta. Maria
Cortez
Vainio
Sharma (even before he met Salvador)
Gavino
Galinato
Ramos
Yeo (rookie)
Gozum
Villanueva
Arejola

Coach : Franz Pumaren

Courtside reporter : George Rocha

NU players:

De Castro
Baguion
Napa
Cayabyab
Santico
Manabat
Neo
Grijaldo
Urbano
Malagueno (rookie)
Mendoza
Tolentino

Coach : Manny Dandan

Courtside reporter : Cash Irati????

DLSU 88, NU 87 - contrary to my belief, i thought this is the game wherein the Bulldogs defeated the Archers. Nevertheless, the game is very exciting with a strong Bulldogs taking on the traditionally competitive Archers. The game was very close although La Salle took an early 12 point lead. But trifectas from Baguion and Cayabyab brought them back, even took the lead.

But the controversy happened. The pesky Cardona made a layup on the right side with the game tied, fell down on the already fallen Cayabyab and landed his arn on Archen's face. Cayabyab instinctively, like any human would do, planted his elbow on Cardona's mouth, meted him a technical plus ball possesion for La Salle. Archen Cayabyab eventually was thrown out of the game. Bravo Cardona!!!

Rico Perez served as Dandan's asst. coach and eventually took over from Manny. Gee Abanilla is asst to Pumaren.

Its good to see this batch of the Bulldogs again especially Neo. The only batch who made it to the Final 4 that season. La salle won their 4th straight championship against the Eagles.

Minor Awards : Milo Energy Player Of The Game, Close-Up Smile Of The Day, Globe Gentxt Steal Of The Game.

Commentators : Randy Sacdalan and Mico Halili.

james_ty
02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
What game will they replay next?

james_ty
02-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Courtside reporter : (the beautiful miss Patti Laurel who took over from Pia Arcangel)

Dark Knight, was Bianca a student of Ateneo at that time? I remember seeing her again at the last Ateneo-La Salle game last year but she was already in Y Speak and she was at Araneta to get some interviews with students of both schools for her show.

Another question ... What is Patty Laurel doing now after Breakfast was axed? I remember, she did a sexy pictorial for Diether Ocampo's UNO Magazine with Toni Gonzaga on the cover.

Please reply. Thanks.

Dark Knight
02-06-2008, 02:24 PM

Dark Knight, was Bianca a student of Ateneo at that time? I remember seeing her again at the last Ateneo-La Salle game last year but she was already in Y Speak and she was at Araneta to get some interviews with students of both schools for her show.

Another question ... What is Patty Laurel doing now after Breakfast was axed? I remember, she did a sexy pictorial for Diether Ocampo's UNO Magazine with Toni Gonzaga on the cover.

Please reply. Thanks.

Hi James. I could be wrong but my knowledge is that Bianca is an Ateneo student that time. She got a blossomin career going at ABS-CBN.

I dunno about Patti's whereabouts now. Wasnt she at MTV?

Sorry but they are not announcing the next ganes to be replayed.

james_ty
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
From what I know, matagal nang nawala sa MTV si Patty.

pablohoney
02-06-2008, 08:29 PM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Thanks.
So mali pala ang Varsitarian na nabasa ko. ;)
The same Varsistarian issue that mentioned Ford Arao used to practice with the Tigers, before jumping to ADMU.
So, mali din yun?

stonecold316
02-07-2008, 12:57 AM

Dude, just a correction. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Thanks.
So mali pala ang Varsitarian na nabasa ko. ;)
The same Varsistarian issue that mentioned Ford Arao used to practice with the Tigers, before jumping to ADMU.
So, mali din yun?

I think there is some truth to that report.
;D ;D ;D

danny
02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Wala bang UAAP pre-1980s. Ano ba meron nung mga panahon na yan? Mukhang kulang ang kwentuhan tungkol diyan.

LION
02-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Oo nga. ;)

Ang natatandaan ko diyan sa era na yan e from mid to late 80s na, yung UST vs. UE rivalry (Caidic and Codinera vs. Pido, Benjie "Guti" and Raymond Fran); the championship of Ateneo (Danny Francisco, Gilbert Reyes, et. al.) and UP (Paras, Magsanoc, Altamirano, Salvaterra, Mendoza, Celis), DLSU's Dindo Pumaren, Limpot, Cardel; FEU's Roa, Capacio, etc. (Yung mga pata ni Jolas walang sinabi sa mga pata ni Roa ;D).

Joko Diaz I think also played for FEU in the late 80s.

AnthonyServinio
02-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Wala bang UAAP pre-1980s. Ano ba meron nung mga panahon na yan? Mukhang kulang ang kwentuhan tungkol diyan.

* * *SAVE FOR some Betamax and VHS tapes tapes (hopefully by now transferred to VCD or DVD) in the private collection of fans, school libraries, former players and team officials, the offical pre-2000 UAAP archive is in the possession of Silverstar Communications of Mr. Louie Kierulf, the UAAP broadcaster at that time.* These games are stored on pneumatic tapes and were not turned over to the new broadcast am.

* * *Sadly, a lot of the earlier games have been overwritten due to the prohibitive costs of the storage devices.* When I was working there, I recall that the oldest games were circa 1995 or 1996.* That was because one player was asking for copies of his UAAP stint during the 1993 and 1994 wars.* He just went home empty-handed.

AnthonyServinio
02-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Oo nga.* ;)

Ang natatandaan ko* diyan sa era na yan e* from mid to late 80s na, yung UST vs. UE rivalry (Caidic and Codinera vs. Pido, Benjie "Guti" and Raymond Fran);* the championship of Ateneo (Danny Francisco, Gilbert Reyes, et. al.)* and UP (Paras, Magsanoc, Altamirano, Salvaterra, Mendoza, Celis), DLSU's Dindo Pumaren, Limpot, Cardel; FEU's Roa, Capacio, etc.* *(Yung mga pata ni Jolas walang sinabi sa mga pata ni Roa* ;D).*

Joko Diaz I think also played for FEU in the late 80s.*

* * *Romy Roa is my idol!* He is one of the better players on the executive team of Misamis Oriental Governor Oscar S. Moreno that plays a lot of goodwill exhibition games.* Romy works for the Misamis Oriental provincial government these days.* By the way, his teammates are a powerful bunch consisting of aside from Gob Oca, a slew of elected and appointed government officials.

* * *Joseph Francisco "Joko" Diaz was the star player of the old FEU High School based in Morayta coached by Berting Flores.* He graduated high school in 1994, and was a prime material to make the FEU Seniors.* Instead, he opted to focus on his show business career.

LION
02-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the correction re Joke Joko Diaz, Anthony. :)

danny
02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
But these are fairly recent. How about the 50s, 60s or the 70s? How was it back then? Kahit sa mga sportswriters wala ako masyadong mabasa tunkgol sa mga panahong yan.

toti_mendiola
02-08-2008, 03:18 PM
But these are fairly recent. How about the 50s, 60s or the 70s? How was it back then? Kahit sa mga sportswriters wala ako masyadong mabasa tunkgol sa mga panahong yan.

pare forgettable kasi.

Dark Knight
02-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Siguro kulang sa coverage noong araw. Although ive seen some articles sa FHM pero pahapyaw lang. Siguro sa respective school records na lang makukuha ang mga rosters and some history like this one.

http://file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/ROD/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/logos/ewanbk2.jpg

Dark Knight
02-08-2008, 09:33 PM
This is embarassing but can someone please teach me how to post images. ;D ;D ;D :D ::)

danny
02-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Not just objective facts but "tales of fanaticism". Tales of glory and agony. "Blood", sweat and tears . Surely, the bigger and more populous schools would have their share of story-tellers and lore-keepers.

Something that excites the human spirit. Stories beyond the statistics.

james_ty
02-09-2008, 11:57 AM

July 28 '01

Ateneo Blue Eagles (2-1) vs Adamson Falcons (0-3)

Ateneo Players (apparel sponsored by Guess?)

Sison (last year)
Cruz
Villanueva
Alvarez
Tenorio (rookie)
Membrere
Bugia
Quimpo
Tanchi (last year)
Yao
Chia
Fonacier
Elmido

Coach: Joe Lipa (last year)

Adamson Players:

Abadia (rookie)
Tagupa (rookie)
Hate
Rolan
Yong
Mangulabnan
Gandarosa
Taylor
Mamaclay
Ferrer
Capati
Tajonera

Coach : Luigi Trillo

Courtside reporter : a certain miss Santiago?

Ateneo 62, Adamson 59

After a frustrating winless record the previous season and a 0-3 start, the Falcons are out to get their very first win but the Eagles still held them. The game was very close until the last few minutes of the 4th quarter when Mamaclay suddenly scored 6 straight points to tie the ballgame. But Ateneo was'n denied of the win.

Adamson was led by then would be superstars Abadia and Tagupa and for Ateneo, the usual suspects. Controversy haunts Lipa (just like with his stint in UP) as he was rumoured to be replaced the following season after failing to advance to the Finals against the Tamaraws in Season 63 despite having the twice to beat advantage. Rainier Sison playing in his last year wears the "I Love Joe" band in his upper right uniform in support of his mercurial coach.

Ateneo made the Finals this season but lost to DLSU and AdU suffered their second consecutive winless record. It was not until season 65 when the Falcons notch their first win via defeating the weakened Tams.

I thought this is the game wherein Rico and Rolan exchange blows.* Tenorio already showed his brilliance in his rookie year. Curiously, former Adamson coach Bogs Adornado served as team consultant for the Eagles.

Commentators : Randy Sacdalan and Jude Turcuato.

I saw Patty. But where was Bianca seated and when was she focused on cam?

stonecold316
02-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Sayang naman at wala man lang capability ang Silverstar Sport na i-save ang mga videos nila nung 80s at early 90s. Kung ako sa kanila, kung di rin nila kaya alagaan ang mga old tapes, sana binenta na lang nila sa ABS-CBN para may mga footages tayo nung games ng UAAP back then. Nakaka-miss panoorin ang mga games noon.

stonecold316

SAVE FOR some Betamax and VHS tapes tapes (hopefully by now transferred to VCD or DVD) in the private collection of fans, school libraries, former players and team officials, the offical pre-2000 UAAP archive is in the possession of Silverstar Communications of Mr. Louie Kierulf, the UAAP broadcaster at that time. These games are stored on pneumatic tapes and were not turned over to the new broadcast am.

Sadly, a lot of the earlier games have been overwritten due to the prohibitive costs of the storage devices. When I was working there, I recall that the oldest games were circa 1995 or 1996. That was because one player was asking for copies of his UAAP stint during the 1993 and 1994 wars. He just went home empty-handed.

AnthonyServinio
02-11-2008, 02:52 AM
Sayang naman at wala man lang capability ang Silverstar Sport na i-save ang mga videos nila nung 80s at early 90s. Kung ako sa kanila, kung di rin nila kaya alagaan ang mga old tapes, sana binenta na lang nila sa ABS-CBN para may mga footages tayo nung games ng UAAP back then. Nakaka-miss panoorin ang mga games noon.

stonecold316

* * *I THINK this is very unlikely to happen.* Silverstar and ABS-CBN had already taken each other to court over the UAAP broadcast rights in 2000.* It almost led to the UAAP opening games not being shown on television.

stonecold316
02-11-2008, 03:51 AM

stonecold316

I THINK this is very unlikely to happen. Silverstar and ABS-CBN had already taken each other to court over the UAAP broadcast rights in 2000. It almost led to the UAAP opening games not being shown on television.

Yes, I do remember that. Galit ang Silverstar Sports sa UAAP Board at binigay nila ang rights to air the games sa Studio 23. UST ang host nun at ang opening ceremonies was held sa bagong renovated na Araneta Coliseum. Marami din kasing pagkukulang ang Silverstar Sports sa UAAP kaya nag-decide ang board na ibigay sa 23 ang rights, I think isang consideration was that Studio 23 promised na i-air ang ibang UAAP games other than basketball.

stonecold316

oca
02-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Yes, I do remember that. Galit ang Silverstar Sports sa UAAP Board at binigay nila ang rights to air the games sa Studio 23. UST ang host nun at ang opening ceremonies was held sa bagong renovated na Araneta Coliseum. Marami din kasing pagkukulang ang Silverstar Sports sa UAAP kaya nag-decide ang board na ibigay sa 23 ang rights, I think isang consideration was that Studio 23 promised na i-air ang ibang UAAP games other than basketball.

stonecold316

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

If not for the initiative of the V-League organizers volleyball will not attain the modest popularity it has gained, w/c gave S23 the avenue to televise UAAP women's vball.

Talagang dapat i-open ng UAAP for bidding ang broadcast ng games ng UAAP. Hindi pwedeng pangako, dapat naruon sa terms ng contract w/c must first stated as an intent in the bid.

..and for the second time this early morning, I am OT. ;D ;D ;D

pablohoney
02-11-2008, 11:04 AM

stonecold316

If not for the initiative of the V-League organizers volleyball will not attain the modest popularity it has gained, w/c gave S23 the avenue to televise UAAP women's vball.

Talagang dapat i-open ng UAAP for bidding ang broadcast ng games ng UAAP. Hindi pwedeng pangako, dapat naruon sa terms ng contract w/c must first stated as an intent in the bid.

Tama ka Sir Oca...
Malaking bagay ang ginawa ng Shakey's sa Philippine Volleyball.
Masyadong nagcoconcentrate ang S23 sa basketball games these past few years, and if not for Viva Prime and NBN-4 airing games (kahit na hindi live) na-"discover" ng S23 na may "market" din ang volleyball, particularly women's volleyball.

Whatever happened to the supposed talk with Solar Sports ba yun or GMA-7?

Para hindi ako offtipic, may game sched pa ng replay ng old UAAP games?
Madalas kong makita year 2000.

stonecold316
02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Napansin ko na puro basketball din ang priority ng Studio 23. Kahit sa pre-season programs nila, puro basketball ang topic considering that in the first round of competitions, madaming games ang nilalaro sa liga. Anjan ang chess, contact sports like judo ang taekwondo ang the swimming competitions. Sana kahit papano bigyan nila ng equal importance ang mga games na ito para mabago ang image sa UAAP na puro pang-basketball lang ang alam. ;D ;D ;D

We need to help the other sports to pick-up from its current status. Makakatulong din ito para tumaas ang consciousness ng mga tao sa ibang sports.

stonecold316

stonecold316

nastrans
02-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Napansin ko na puro basketball din ang priority ng Studio 23. Kahit sa pre-season programs nila, puro basketball ang topic considering that in the first round of competitions, madaming games ang nilalaro sa liga. Anjan ang chess, contact sports like judo ang taekwondo ang the swimming competitions. Sana kahit papano bigyan nila ng equal importance ang mga games na ito para mabago ang image sa UAAP na puro pang-basketball lang ang alam. ;D ;D ;D

We need to help the other sports to pick-up from its current status. Makakatulong din ito para tumaas ang consciousness ng mga tao sa ibang sports.

stonecold316

stonecold316

If they can't cover these sports in its entirety, at least a recap show would do. Hindi bat may UAAP Sports Center kono sila noon? Dapat UAAP Basketball Center ang title ng programa instead na Sports dahil halos two minutes lang ang mga 'other sports'.

Pero sabi daw icocover championship ng men's football sa 23.

danny
02-12-2008, 02:27 AM

pare forgettable kasi.

I guess so.

Oh well...I was hoping to start a discussions beyond TV replays of fairly recent games hoping eventually that a spin-off thread will be created.* Wala bang "istorya" pre-1980s? I guess the response (actually the no response) to my question speak for itself.

batangueño
02-12-2008, 02:41 PM
UAAP Replay Today:

First Game: UP vs FEU, Aug. 23, 2001. UP def. FEU, 71-64.

batangueño
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Next Game: DLSU vs UE, Aug. 26, 2000.

DLSU def. UE, 78-74.

Dark Knight
02-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Nice to see these former Maroons play again

Abby Santos
Kenneth Robin
Bornancin
Mike Bravo
Jomalesa
Jinio Ferrer
Patrick Madarang
Toti Almeda
Cielo
Josant Cervantes
Abby Nunag

Coach Ryan Gregorio

Reporter Jordan DeCastro

As for FEU....well........the usual suspects.

stonecold316
02-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Sana laban naman ng UST vs Ateneo nung 2000 season ang ipakita ng Studio 23. Hahahaha! Pwede rin UST vs FEU nung 2002 season! ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

anghusay
02-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Next Game: DLSU vs UE, Aug. 26, 2000.

DLSU def. UE, 78-74.

ang ganda talaga ni George Rocha!

Dark Knight
02-13-2008, 09:45 AM
game on friday

UST vs DLSU

coreytaylor
02-13-2008, 12:12 PM
^ 1 game lang?

james_ty
02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Friday kasi, UAAP volleyball. I think.

batangueño
02-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Baka naman first and second round DLSU vs UST games ang ipapalabas on Friday. ???

paul_tamaraws
02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
pangit panoorin kung puro talo FEU... sana i-replay nila yung FEU in the Arwind era naman...

Dark Knight
02-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I dont think Studio 23 will replay the Arwind era simply because it was just recent. Its still fresh in our memory. The purpose of the replays (aside from they having no shows to air during that time slot) is to remember the exciting games of 2000 and 2001, the players and what was the situation like during that time.

Its not true that they are only showing FEU losses. They are showing 'classic games' wether your team loses or not. Besides, ive seen lots of FEU wins during the replays.

Maybe next year, they will show the 2002 season.

tigerman
02-14-2008, 11:04 AM
game on friday

UST vs DLSU

From what season? and what round?

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

nash_bedista
02-14-2008, 12:16 PM
season 64

stonecold316
02-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Aray! I'm sure talo ang USTe dito hehehehe. Before beating DLSU last season, UST last defeated the Green Archers in Game 1 of the 99 UAAP Finals. Dahil Season 64 ito (2001), ang alam ko eh tambak ang Tigers dito kungdi ako nagkakamali. This year saw UST losing star-player Cyrus Baguio and big men Melchor Latoreno and Gilbert Lao due to academic deficiencies. This was also the first time that UST failed to enter the Final Four tournament since this format was adopted in 1993 or 1994.

stonecold316

game on friday

UST vs DLSU

From what season? and what round?

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

james_ty
02-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Guys, you can catch Patty Laurel, George Rocha and Andi Manzano hosting the National Open Cheerleading Championships.

It will run for one month every Sunday on Studio 23, 6:30 pm.

coreytaylor
02-17-2008, 07:44 PM
^ Aaahhh Andi Manzano.... is tattooed in my mind....

MonL
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM

pare forgettable kasi.

I guess so.

Oh well...I was hoping to start a discussions beyond TV replays of fairly recent games hoping eventually that a spin-off thread will be created.* Wala bang "istorya"* pre-1980s? I guess the response (actually the no response)* to my question speak for itself.

Best you could do is to spend a few days at the National Library and look for bound volumes of the Manila Times and the Manila Bulletin from the pre-Martial Law days and The Daily Express of the dark years (kung hindi pa binukbok o pulbos na yung mga bound issues.) I'm sure meron ding mga supplements tulad ng Sunday Times Magazine, Panorama and the Sports Weekly and Sports World magazines nung late 70s at early 80s. These were a treasure trove of individual player profiles and highlights.

The 1977 closed door game between Ateneo and SBC was televised by GTV(now PTV)-4 as a matter of public service, with no commercial breaks. Since all tv stations were government controlled then, collegiate games didnt get any exposure and lost out to the PBA and, to a lesser extent, the MICAA for airtime.

james_ty
02-18-2008, 04:11 PM
It's not PTV, but NBN.

MonL
02-18-2008, 10:03 PM
It's not PTV, but NBN.

Basta Channel 4. ;D

stonecold316
02-19-2008, 01:02 AM

pare forgettable kasi.

I guess so.

Oh well...I was hoping to start a discussions beyond TV replays of fairly recent games hoping eventually that a spin-off thread will be created.* Wala bang "istorya"* pre-1980s? I guess the response (actually the no response)* to my question speak for itself.

Best you could do is to spend a few days at the National Library and look for bound volumes of the Manila Times and the Manila Bulletin from the pre-Martial Law days and The Daily Express of the dark years (kung hindi pa binukbok o pulbos na yung mga bound issues.) I'm sure meron ding mga supplements tulad ng Sunday Times Magazine, Panorama and the Sports Weekly and Sports World magazines nung late 70s at early 80s. These were a treasure trove of individual player profiles and highlights.

The 1977 closed door game between Ateneo and SBC was televised by GTV(now PTV)-4 as a matter of public service, with no commercial breaks. Since all tv stations were government controlled then, collegiate games didnt get any exposure and lost out to the PBA and, to a lesser extent, the MICAA for airtime.

Yes, tama ka. Sa Manila Bulletin Library pwede ka magbasa ng mga sports pages as late as the 30s ata. If sports fans want to read sports history especially games from the UAAP and NCAA< just go the office and you will be entertained by the people there.

Ang alam ko nagkaroon lang ata ng tv coverage sa NCAA at UAAP nung 70s eh. hehe!

stonecold316

shyboy
02-19-2008, 12:15 PM
It's not PTV, but NBN.

Basta Channel 4.* ;D

Tama, basta channel 4 yon. Iba na kasi dating ngayon kapag sinabing NBN. ;D

batangueño
02-19-2008, 02:08 PM
UAAP Classic Games for today:

First Game: UST vs NU, August 4, 2002 at the Makati Coliseum. UST def. NU, 85-84.

Dimples Romana was courtside reporter for UST during that time. ;D

james_ty
02-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Dimples is now married and she has a baby girl.

Dark Knight
02-19-2008, 05:14 PM
UAAP Season 65 - Aug. 4 '02 - 1st round elims.

UST (3-2) 85 vs NU (0-4) 84

Players: UST

Manansala
Espiritu
Raterta
Gelig
Baguio
Luanzon
Villamin
Vizcarra
Del Rosario
De Guzman
Hubalde
Manching

Coach - AricDel Rosario

Courtside Reporter - Dimples Romana

After losing Emerson Oreta last season, the Tigers beefed up their line up with rookies Vizcarra and Luanzon. This is the season wherein UST entered the F4
for the last time. UST struggled in the following seasons under Nel Parado. It was'nt until 2006 when they regained their glory winning the title that year under Jarencio.

Players : NU

Urbano
Mendoza
Baguion
Napa
Tolentino
Grijaldo
Santico
Cajayon
Balijon
Miclat
Malcontento
Catamora

Coach - Rico Perez

Courtside Reporter - Sharon Sunga

After entering the the F4 the previous season, NU find themselves struggling again after losing Gilbert Neo. Archen Cayabyab and Chico Manabat. Napa, who is playing in his last year, scored a career high 32 points. Perez took over from Dandan the previous season.

Minor Awards

Rexona Defensive Play
Lipton Iced Tea 3 Pointer
Globe GenTxt Fastbreak Play
Kamiseta Campus Girl
Nokia Scoreboard
Nestle Non Stop Cheerdance Halftime

Venue - Makati Coliseum

At The Panel - Randy Sacdalan and Mico Halili

stonecold316
02-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the info. More power to you. Hindi ko napanood ang laban dahil sa work. sayang naman. At least UST won this game. Ang alam ko napanood ko ng live ito sa Makati Coliseum. Tambak na ang NU dito pero they keep coming back with the outstanding shooting of Jef Napa from the three-point range.

stonecold316

UAAP Season 65 - Aug. 4 '02 - 1st round elims.

UST (3-2) 85 vs NU (0-4) 84

Players: UST

Manansala
Espiritu
Raterta
Gelig
Baguio
Luanzon
Villamin
Vizcarra
Del Rosario
De Guzman
Hubalde
Manching

Coach - AricDel Rosario

Courtside Reporter - Dimples Romana

After losing Emerson Oreta last season, the Tigers beefed up their line up with rookies Vizcarra and Luanzon. This is the season wherein UST entered the F4
for the last time. UST struggled in the following seasons under Nel Parado. It was'nt until 2006 when they regained their glory winning the title that year under Jarencio.

Players : NU

Urbano
Mendoza
Baguion
Napa
Tolentino
Grijaldo
Santico
Cajayon
Balijon
Miclat
Malcontento
Catamora

Coach - Rico Perez

Courtside Reporter - Sharon Sunga

After entering the the F4 the previous season, NU find themselves struggling again after losing Gilbert Neo. Archen Cayabyab and Chico Manabat. Napa, who is playing in his last year, scored a career high 32 points. Perez took over from Dandan the previous season.

Minor Awards

Rexona Defensive Play
Lipton Iced Tea 3 Pointer
Globe GenTxt Fastbreak Play
Kamiseta Campus Girl
Nokia Scoreboard
Nestle Non Stop Cheerdance Halftime

Venue - Makati Coliseum

At The Panel - Randy Sacdalan and Mico Halili

Dark Knight
02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
UAAP Season 65 - Aug. 24 '02 - 2nd Round Elims

Venue - Rizal Coliseum
Commentators - Jude Turcuato and Danny Francisco

UE (6-2) 97 vs ADMU (4-4) 96 , OT at 82 all

Players (UE)

Yap
Artadi
Butel
Alminario
Omiping
Hubalde
Estrada
Canaleta
Booker
Tubid
Masbang
Tan

Coach - Boysie Zamar
Courtside Reporter - Vanessa Perez?

A strong UE team this season bannered by James Yap despite losing Aldwin Manubag and Omar Ali. This season is similar to UE's woeful campaigns the following years, entering the F4 but coming up short of the Finals. Canaleta was still a rookie.

Players (ADMU)

Chia
Quimpo
Gonzales
Alvarez
Villanueva
Fonacier
Cruz
Tadeo
Del Rosario
Intal
Tenorio

Coach - Joel Banal
Courtside Reporter - Patti Laurel

Ateneo struggled during the eliminations of this season after entering the Finals the previous year. They fell to 4-5 after their loss to this game. In fact, they faced the same UE squad with a twice to beat disadvantage, and we all know the miracle that happened with Chia. They won the title this year with graduating players Chia, Quimpo, Tadeo and Cruz. It was the rookie year of Banal and Intal. Too bad Sison and Tan Chi already graduated while Bugia and Membrere suffered injuries to experience Ateneo's 3rd title in the UAAP.

batangueño
02-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Look at all the names and who among them are in the PBA now:

UE

Yap
Artadi
Butel
Alminario
Omiping
Hubalde
Estrada
Canaleta
Booker
Tubid
Masbang
Tan

ADMU

Chia
Quimpo
Gonzales
Alvarez
Villanueva
Fonacier
Cruz
Tadeo
Del Rosario
Intal
Tenorio

UST

Manansala
Espiritu
Raterta
Gelig
Baguio
Luanzon
Villamin
Vizcarra
Del Rosario
De Guzman
Hubalde
Manching

NU

Urbano
Mendoza
Baguion
Napa
Tolentino
Grijaldo
Santico
Cajayon
Balijon
Miclat
Malcontento
Catamora

Post edited. With thanks to Manong bchoter and Sir AnthonyServinio. :)

bchoter
02-20-2008, 12:06 AM
The best thing that happened to UST that season was Dimples. She was more than just a pretty face and sure gave a good account of herself. Too bad, for us at least, she got married early.

kabayan, only Baguio and Gelig have live pro contracts. Christian had a brief stint with Alaska but hardly played. Warren will be making a comeback in the PBL.

batangueño
02-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Salamat sa corrections, manong bchoter. I was thinking that Luanzon was still in the pros. Oh well. Gelig and Baguio only so I'll do some editing (sana tulungan na ako nung iba dito. ;D ). :)

bchoter
02-20-2008, 12:39 AM
^ ON the other players, like Warren de Guzman, Alwyn Espiritu, Christian, and Hubalde will play in the PBL. Warren also had some stint on the catwalk with Iago Raterta. Villamin last played for the ill-fated Cebuana Lhuiller-RP Team. Nino Manansala is taking up Nursing while serving as an assistant coach.

So far, the ADMU line up are the most productive with 8 players (plus Magnum of RB) in the pros. Im sure their DLSU counterparts have their own share of pros with Cortez, Sta Maria, Wilson, Cardona, and Sharma. UE also has a handful of pros with Yap, Artadi, Canaleta, Tubid, and Hubalde. That's why it's not surprising to find them in the Final Four that year.

AnthonyServinio
02-20-2008, 02:39 AM
Look at all the names and who among them are in the PBA now:

UE

Yap
Artadi
Butel
Alminario
Omiping?
Hubalde
Estrada
Canaleta
Booker
Tubid
Masbang
Tan

* * *ADD Philip Butel to the list, he is on the current roster of Santa Lucia.

Meanwhile, Paolo Hubalde has been relegated to the reserve list of Barangay Ginebra. He did see action before for former team San Miguel Beer.

* * *Olan Omiping was drafted by Purefoods but was never signed.* He is now a member of the Philippine National Police.

* * *RJ Masbang was also drafted last year by Air21 but was not signed and was instead sent to their PBL-affiliate Mail and More last conference.

Eagle_Eyes
02-20-2008, 10:26 AM
^ I think the active line-up of the eagles then (since bugia and membrere were out for that season) also included doug kramer and macky escalona, who both eventually landed in the PBA as well.

james_ty
02-20-2008, 11:47 AM
The best thing that happened to UST that season was Dimples. She was more than just a pretty face and sure gave a good account of herself. Too bad, for us at least, she got married early.

kabayan, only Baguio and Gelig have live pro contracts. Christian had a brief stint with Alaska but hardly played. Warren will be making a comeback in the PBL.

Warren will play yata for Noosa. Teammate niya si Jemal Vizcarra, a former Tiger.

james_ty
02-20-2008, 11:48 AM
^ ON the other players, like Warren de Guzman, Alwyn Espiritu, Christian,* and Hubalde will play in the PBL. Warren also had some stint on the catwalk with Iago Raterta. Villamin last played for the ill-fated Cebuana Lhuiller-RP Team. Nino Manansala is taking up Nursing while serving as an assistant coach.

So far, the ADMU line up are the most productive with 8 players (plus Magnum of RB) in the pros. Im sure their DLSU counterparts have their own share of pros with Cortez, Sta Maria, Wilson, Cardona, and Sharma. UE also has a handful of pros with Yap, Artadi, Canaleta, Tubid, and Hubalde. That's why it's not surprising to find them in the Final Four that year.

Villamin will play for Pharex.

eightyfiver
02-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Ang daming UAAP player kahapon sa NC Season '79 - JRU: Borboran, Serios vs SSC: Aguilar

RuckuS
02-27-2008, 04:44 PM

from the 2002 Ateneo Blue Eagles Champion Team, Villanueva, Alvarez, Tenorio, Gonzales, Fornacier, Bugia, Chia, Membrere, Intal, Kramer, and Escalona made it all the way to the PBA. Only Marco Benitez, Epok Quimpo(but drafted by Talk&Text), Sonny Tadeo and Dom Banal did not make it to the Pros.

cub
02-27-2008, 08:20 PM
please correct me if im wrong but were Membrere and Bugia part of that 2002 champ team?

atenean_blooded
02-27-2008, 11:54 PM
please correct me if im wrong but were Membrere and Bugia part of that 2002 champ team?

Nope. Both were injured at the time.

paul_tamaraws
02-28-2008, 08:54 PM
UAAP CLASSICS SKED on Studio 23:

TUESDAY:

2pm: FEU vs. NU (Season 65)*
4pm: DLSU vs. UST (Season 65)*

*The games were not televised due to ZTE hearing

FRIDAY:

2pm: UP vs. UST (Season 66)
4pm: ADMU vs. FEU (Season 65)

stonecold316
02-29-2008, 02:39 AM
I wonder why you call the games being re-played by studio 23 as classics? Is it because maganda ang mga laro o dahil may kalumaan na?

Kasi kung five years ago lang ang mga laban, malabong maging classic yun kasi recent lang naman ang mga UAAP basketball games na ito. Ang classic games para sakin eh ang UAAP games nung 80s or maybe 90s. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

paul_tamaraws
02-29-2008, 09:00 PM
^ it was abs-cbn sports who got that idea...

AnthonyServinio
03-01-2008, 12:27 AM
I wonder why you call the games being re-played by studio 23 as classics? Is it because maganda ang mga laro o dahil may kalumaan na?

Kasi kung five years ago lang ang mga laban, malabong maging classic yun kasi recent lang naman ang mga UAAP basketball games na ito. Ang classic games para sakin eh ang UAAP games nung 80s or maybe 90s.* ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

* * *AS WHAT I have explained in the past pages of this thread, save for those in private collections of players, coaches, fans and school libraries, the official pre-2000 UAAP archive is in the possession of Mr. Louie Kierulf of Silverstar Communications, the former broadcast arm of the league.

* * *Back then, he took the current broadcast arm to the court of law stemming from the fact that Silverstar claims to hold the right of first refusal upon their contract with the UAAP that just expired.* Instead, the UAAP awarded the rights to the current broadcaster.* The series of legal actions almost prevented the 2000 UAAP season opener from being telecast that day.

* * *It is still to be determined if Silverstar further pursued the case -- is it still pending or has it been amicably settled off-court?* Either way, the bad blood is already there and there is a miniscule chance that Silverstar will lend these tapes to the current broadcaster.

* * *A resort to the private collections mentioned earlier is out of the question.* First and foremost, these copies stored on Betamax or VHS tapes or hopefully VCDs and DVDs, do not or hardly meet broadcast quality.* Second, assuming they satisfy the minimum broadcast standards, airing these pre-2000 games could easily ignite another round of court actions.

james_ty
03-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Okey lang. I want to see how again how Arwind Santos and Denok Miranda made FEU a real contender back in the day.

stonecold316
03-04-2008, 07:12 PM

Kasi kung five years ago lang ang mga laban, malabong maging classic yun kasi recent lang naman ang mga UAAP basketball games na ito. Ang classic games para sakin eh ang UAAP games nung 80s or maybe 90s. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

AS WHAT I have explained in the past pages of this thread, save for those in private collections of players, coaches, fans and school libraries, the official pre-2000 UAAP archive is in the possession of Mr. Louie Kierulf of Silverstar Communications, the former broadcast arm of the league.

Back then, he took the current broadcast arm to the court of law stemming from the fact that Silverstar claims to hold the right of first refusal upon their contract with the UAAP that just expired. Instead, the UAAP awarded the rights to the current broadcaster. The series of legal actions almost prevented the 2000 UAAP season opener from being telecast that day.

It is still to be determined if Silverstar further pursued the case -- is it still pending or has it been amicably settled off-court? Either way, the bad blood is already there and there is a miniscule chance that Silverstar will lend these tapes to the current broadcaster.

A resort to the private collections mentioned earlier is out of the question. First and foremost, these copies stored on Betamax or VHS tapes or hopefully VCDs and DVDs, do not or hardly meet broadcast quality. Second, assuming they satisfy the minimum broadcast standards, airing these pre-2000 games could easily ignite another round of court actions.

Yup sir, nabasa ko. I would like to believe na tinawag ng ABS-CBN na classics not because the games are already old but because magaganda ang mga laban na pinapalabas nila ulit.

Thanks for the clarification.

stonecold316

Dark Knight
03-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Just watched today the FEU vs DLSU season 66, the season where FEU won the championship. I know that DLSU never won against the Tams this season. A ripe Santos showed the way with 26 points mostly on tip ins and Denok won the ballgame with his devil may care lay up to the basket that saved the day for the Tams. Nice to see the trash talks between Cardona and Santos. Also FEU courtside reporter Jam Alindogan.

Earlier was the defending champs ADMU vs the strong UE red warriors. This was the second loss of Ateneo after capturing the title the previous year. Coach by Sandy Arespacochaga, (Banal was absent), Ateneo staged a good fight but they sorely miss the services of Villanueva, Cruz, Chia and Quimpo. Nice to see again ADMU's reporter Camille Tanjutco.

james_ty
03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Just watched today the FEU vs DLSU season 66, the season where FEU won the championship. I know that DLSU never won against the Tams this season. A ripe Santos showed the way with 26 points mostly on tip ins and Denok won the ballgame with his devil may care lay up to the basket that saved the day for the Tams. Nice to see the trash talks between Cardona and Santos. Also FEU courtside reporter Jam Alindogan.

Earlier was the defending champs ADMU vs the strong UE red warriors. This was the second loss of Ateneo after capturing the title the previous year. Coach by Sandy Arespacochaga, (Banal was absent), Ateneo staged a good fight but they sorely miss the services of Villanueva, Cruz, Chia and Quimpo. Nice to see again ADMU's reporter Camille Tanjutco.

And who would have thought that Denok Miranda would give Sta. Lucia a PBA title?

CM_Punk
03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
UP vs. Adamson was shown today at 2 PM, 2nd round of 2003, a game which Adamson won in overtime. UP had a tall frontline back then, and were #2 in the league in rebounding.

They had the twin towers combo of Kenneth Robin & Jay-R Reyes starting, with Nestor David, Josant Cervantes, and Ira Buyco coming off the bench for the Maroons. It was also the rookie year of their starting point guard, Marvin Cruz. 3 of the starting 5 players of UP are now in the PBA- Reyes, Cruz, and Jireh Ibanes.

james_ty
03-09-2008, 08:46 AM
No basketball replays today, Sunday.

The women's volleyball final four will be rebroadcast today.

(FEU vs. UST, Ateneo vs. Adamson)

stonecold316
03-10-2008, 01:30 AM
No basketball replays today, Sunday.

The women's volleyball final four will be rebroadcast today.

(FEU vs. UST, Ateneo vs. Adamson)

I rather see the best-of-three UAAP men's volleyball finals between UST vs FEU.

Action pack ang laro and yet hanggang ngayon hindi pinapalabas ng Studio 23.

Pathetic talaga.

>:( >:( >:(

stonecold316

leondealabang
03-10-2008, 04:15 PM
maganda sana yung season 65 finlas (ADMU-DLSU)

Jeep
03-11-2008, 01:07 PM

the best! :)

batangueño
03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
No UAAP replay today. Studio 23 is giving way to the ANC coverage of the Senate hearing on the NBN-ZTE scandal.

coreytaylor
03-11-2008, 04:28 PM

the best! :)

the good times

nash_bedista
03-11-2008, 07:06 PM
sa friday meron

james_ty
03-12-2008, 10:04 AM
sa friday meron

Ano ang mga laro sa Friday?

eightyfiver
03-12-2008, 06:29 PM
I rather see the best-of-three UAAP men's volleyball finals between UST vs FEU.

Action pack ang laro and yet hanggang ngayon hindi pinapalabas ng Studio 23.

stonecold316

They finally showed the complete game 1 of Men's Volleyball Finals.

CAMPIONE!

paul_tamaraws
03-14-2008, 08:43 PM
No UAAP replay today. Studio 23 is giving way to the ANC coverage of the Senate hearing on the NBN-ZTE scandal.

I hope Studio 23 would stop airing those senseless ZTE Hearings, imbes na nakakanood tayo ng UAAP Replays e yun pa ang pinagtutuunan nila, why not listen na lang sa radyo?! sheeshhh!!! >:(

nassefadiong
03-16-2008, 12:01 AM

I hope Studio 23 would stop airing those senseless ZTE Hearings, imbes na nakakanood tayo ng UAAP Replays e yun pa ang pinagtutuunan nila, why not listen na lang sa radyo?! sheeshhh!!! >:(

I'm sorry but I don't think Senate hearings are senseless. Thanks.

james_ty
03-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Ano ang i-re-replay mamaya sa Studio 23? Sana Ateneo vs. La Salle game naman.

stonecold316
03-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Replay ng Game 2 of the UAAP women's volleyball finals between FEU and ADU.

stonecold316

JonarSabilano
03-17-2008, 02:42 PM
sa friday meron

Ano ang mga laro sa Friday?

UP vs Ateneo, 2003. Last-second steal by Fonacier off Bornancin seals the win.

james_ty
03-23-2008, 11:56 AM
May UAAP classic today -- FEU vs. UE from August 2003, 2 pm before the Ateneo vs. La Salle PBA classic.

batangueño
03-23-2008, 03:05 PM
UAAP classic game today:

FEU vs UE, August 3, 2003, Blue Eagle Gym.

The Tamaraws defeated the Warriors, 64-62. The best player for the Tamaraws was Gerard Jones while it was James Yap who lead the Warriors.

Wait. Where's Gerard Jones now?

james_ty
03-23-2008, 03:42 PM
As far as I know, Gerard Jones is inactive right now. He has no PBL team kasi wala na siya sa San Mig Coffee.

a_ron
03-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I saw the reply of the game of Ue vs Ateneo Last Sunday, and I observe that paul Artadi played much much more better than now, during that time he still have a potent outside shoting and a food FT shooting..

batangueño
03-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Today's UAAP Classic Games featured games from UAAP Season 66 (2003-2004):

1st Game: UST vs Adamson (2nd round), Aug. 30, 2003, held at the Araneta Coliseum. The Tigers defeated the Falcons, 64-61. Top players for UST included Jemal Vizcarra, Dondon Villamin, Warren De Guzman and Christian Luanzon while Adamson was lead by Patrick Cabahug, Mark Abadia, Ken Bono and Ramil Tagupa.

2nd Game: UE vs FEU (2nd round), Aug. 30, 2003, held at the Araneta Coliseum. the James Yap-lead Warriors defeated the RJ Rizada-lead Tamaraws, 77-72.

Dark Knight
03-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Actually, FEU defeated the Warriors.

The game was a playoff for the no. 2 spot after the UAAP board reverses the game between DLSU and UE, nullifying the last second 3pointer by Junjun Cabatu. The result was a 3 team log jam at the no.1 spot. But since Ateneo has the superior quotient, theEagles took the no. 1 spot.

FEU and UE was relegated to a best of three series which FEU won 2 games to none and frustrating the Warriors hope for a Finals stint for 2 years in a row. They were eliminated last year by Ateneo via the Gec Chia shot.

Too bad for UE as 2003 was the last year of Artadi, Estrada, Alminario, Butel, Omiping, Booker, Tan and worse, Yap skipped his last year of eligibility by joining the pros.

FEU went on to win the title by defeating the defending champs Ateneo 2 games to nil.

coreytaylor
03-26-2008, 01:17 PM
^ ang lakas kasi ng line-up ng feu nung season na yon kaya tinalo nila ang ateneo. they really deserved that championship. sana studio23 will replay the 2003 uaap championship.

batangueño
03-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Salamat sa correction, Dark Knight. I was thinking that it was one of the regular elimination games that were played by UE and FEU that time. :)

Oh well, the Tamaraws deserved the crown that year. It was a time when they were ripe to win the UAAP men's basketball championship.

Dark Knight
03-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Thats ok Batangueno. FEU and UE split ther match in the elims. FEU won the 1st round. UE took the second.

stonecold316
03-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Malakas talaga ang FEU during that time. Sila ang Champs nung 2003 eh. Imagine, kulelat nung 2002 season tas bumawi the following year.

stonecold316

james_ty
03-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Malakas talaga ang FEU during that time. Sila ang Champs nung 2003 eh. Imagine, kulelat nung 2002 season tas bumawi the following year.

stonecold316

That's because they got Arwind Santos and Denok Miranda at the right time.

batangueño
04-01-2008, 03:16 PM
UAAP Classics Game Today:

1st Game:

Ateneo vs Adamson, July 31, 2004, Philsports Arena. The Falcons lost to the Blue Eagles, 58-55.

I love seeing Chinie Canivel again. ;D

batangueño
04-01-2008, 04:03 PM
2nd Game:

UE vs UST, August 1, 2004, Philsports Arena. The Tigers defeated the Warriors, 74-72.

Rheena Villamor and Anna Santos. Wow! ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-01-2008, 04:15 PM

1st Game:

Ateneo vs Adamson, July 31, 2004, Philsports Arena. The Falcons lost to the Blue Eagles, 58-55.

Ateneo swept the first round that year. Rookie season of Japeth Aguilar.

vickster
04-01-2008, 10:07 PM

1st Game:

I believe that's the Larry game. First game after Fonacier goes down with a season ending injury, and with Larry's mom watching at the ULTRA, the Blue Eagles play emotional but tight and trail by more than 25 points initially. But a searing rally capped by an LA Tenorio step back three pointer with 3 seconds left seals the inspirational win.

The_Big_Cat
04-02-2008, 09:56 AM

1st Game:

I believe that's the Larry game. First game after Fonacier goes down with a season ending injury, and with Larry's mom watching at the ULTRA, the Blue Eagles play emotional but tight and trail by more than 25 points initially. But a searing rally capped by an LA Tenorio step back three pointer with 3 seconds left seals the inspirational win.

Yes. Its was Fonacier's final year for Ateneo.

coreytaylor
04-02-2008, 10:33 AM
when ateneo lost larry, i knew that ateneo's dream of reaching the finals again was all over

james_ty
04-02-2008, 01:55 PM

1st Game:

LA Tenorio hit the winning triple in that one. It's been uploaded in YouTube.

james_ty
04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
2nd Game:

UE vs UST, August 1, 2004, Philsports Arena. The Tigers defeated the Warriors, 74-72.

Danny Pribdhas won the game for UST with his last-second shot. Where is he now?

tiuperman
04-04-2008, 01:16 PM
2nd Game:

Danny Pribdhas won the game for UST with his last-second shot. Where is he now?

he's in pbl,di ko lang sure kung anong team.

Dark Knight
04-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Todays replay was the last game of the 1st round between FEU and Ateneo in Season 67. The then defending champs lost to ADMU via the 3pointer of Tenorio with a few secs left. Ateneo was riding on a 6 game winning streak and eventually swept the 1st round.

The second game was between DLSU and UP, 1st round elims of Season 67. La Salle came back from a 14 point lead to hand the Maroons their 6th loss in a row.

batangueño
04-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Todays replay was the last game of the 1st round between FEU and Ateneo in Season 67. The then defending champs lost to ADMU via the 3pointer of Tenorio with a few secs left. Ateneo was riding on a 6 game winning streak and eventually swept the 1st round.

The second game was between DLSU and UP, 1st round elims of Season 67. La Salle came back from a 14 point lead to hand the Maroons their 6th loss in a row.

Season 67 (2004-2005) was the one when UP almost made it to the Final Four. If not for those six consecutive losses during the first round and that death blow from La Salle in the second round, UP would have forged with UE a do-or-die game for the last Final Four slot that season. Wasted opportunities. :(

aircanda
04-04-2008, 10:10 PM

Season 67 (2004-2005) was the one when UP almost made it to the Final Four. If not for those six consecutive losses during the first round and that death blow from La Salle in the second round, UP would have forged with UE a do-or-die game for the last Final Four slot that season. Wasted opportunities. :(

napakagaling ni Toti Almeda during the 2nd round of that season..

batangueño
04-04-2008, 10:27 PM

Yes. Toti's heroics in the 2nd round of eliminations really mattered a lot for UP. Too bad UP still fell short of a Final Four appearance that season. :(

the Season 67 line-up of UP (Toti Almeda, Josant Cervantes, Jireh Ibañes, Marvin Cruz, Nestor David, Abby Santos) was, in my honest opinion, the "best" line-up the Diliman squad had came up since the last time UP made it to the Final Four in 1997 (the Paolo Mendoza era). It was quite ripe for, at least, a Final Four appearance but then... Oh well. :(

The_Big_Cat
04-05-2008, 11:12 AM

Yes. Toti's heroics in the 2nd round of eliminations really mattered a lot for UP. Too bad UP still fell short of a Final Four appearance that season. :(

the Season 67 line-up of UP (Toti Almeda, Josant Cervantes, Jireh Ibañes, Marvin Cruz, Nestor David, Abby Santos) was, in my honest opinion, the "best" line-up the Diliman squad had came up since the last time UP made it to the Final Four in 1997 (the Paolo Mendoza era). It was quite ripe for, at least, a Final Four appearance but then... Oh well. :(

That '97 team also had Ogie Gumatay, Brian Gahol and Bing Victoria.

paul_tamaraws
04-05-2008, 06:58 PM

ADMU had a 14 point lead going to the lemon period and FEU rallied in the 2nd half but still lost to the Eagles in the endgame 67-64... good thing nakabawi ang Tams sa Eagles in the second round 65-51...

james_ty
04-06-2008, 11:10 AM
May UAAP replay ba ngayon? As far as I know, Studio 23 will air the Invasion boxing card later this afternoon after the Channel 2 broadcast.

stonecold316
04-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Ang pinalabas ng studio 23 was the 2001 and 2002 Nestle Non-Stop Cheerdance competitions.

UP and UST won the titles during that year.

After that, UAAP and NCAA primer. Then top plays sa NCAA Season 82.

stonecold316

coreytaylor
04-07-2008, 03:04 PM
no basketballl replays today. studio23 is replaying invasion phil. vs. world.

Raging Blue
04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
If someone from Studio 23 is reading this forum (or if someone else reading is close to higher-ups in this station), can we request the posting of the schedule of UAAP and NCAA classic basketball to be aired at least a day before telecast date so we may be able to schedule watching, or at least record the games. Thanks.

vickster
04-07-2008, 06:39 PM
got this from a friend at the station, so please dont shoot me if it turns out to be inaccurate ;D

games tomorrow: FEU vs NU 7/31/04 UE vs DLSU 8/7/04

also, hopefully this pushes through -- starting next week april 18 and every tuesday and friday thereafter till the end of May will be all ADMU-DLSU games from 2000 onwards! time to set your DVRs folks!

batangueño
04-08-2008, 02:03 PM
UAAP CLASSICS
April 8, 2007

First Game: FEU Tamaraws vs NU Bulldogs, July 31, 2004, Philsports Arena.

FEU def. NU, 86-85.

Kawawa naman si Howard Flor sa laro na ito. Ang sama ng bagsak niya. Na-twist yung paa niya.

batangueño
04-08-2008, 02:04 PM
also, hopefully this pushes through -- starting next week april 18 and every tuesday and friday thereafter till the end of May will be all ADMU-DLSU games from 2000 onwards! time to set your DVRs folks!

Coolness! ;D

tigerman
04-08-2008, 02:45 PM
UAAP CLASSICS
April 8, 2007

FEU def. NU, 86-85.

Eto ba yung laro kung saan tinawagan ng foul ang isang NU player against Don Yabut with no time left remaining or was it .2 second. Yabut converted on his freebies and the Tams went on to win.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

vickster
04-08-2008, 02:50 PM
UAAP CLASSICS
April 8, 2007

FEU def. NU, 86-85.

Eto ba yung laro kung saan tinawagan ng foul ang isang NU player against Don Yabut with no time left remaining or was it .2 second. Yabut converted on his freebies and the Tams went on to win.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Yes, you're correct. Quite a memorable day since it was the feast of St.Ignatius and the Larry game (admu vs adu) immediately followed in the doubleheader.

coreytaylor
04-08-2008, 03:33 PM
^ it should have been a let go situation. the ref changed the outcome of the game.

batangueño
04-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Si Asoro pala ang nang-foul kay Yabut kaya natalo ang NU sa laro. ;D

Dark Knight
04-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Ugly win by FEU. Lots of Technicals. They couldnt stop Mendoza. The Tams are just lucky in that game.

batangueño
04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
UAAP CLASSICS
April 8, 2008

Second Game: De La Salle Green Archers vs UE Red Warriors, August 7, 2004, Araneta Coliseum.

The first meeting of the Pumaren brothers as head coaches of their respective teams (Franz in DLSU, Dindo in UE). Dindo won over Franz, 82-79.

tigerman
04-08-2008, 04:13 PM
FEU got lucky with that call. One of the most dubious calls made in my recollection.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

batangueño
04-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Ugly win by FEU. Lots of Technicals. They couldnt stop Mendoza. The Tams are just lucky in that game.

Kitang kita naman sa reaction ng mukha ni Coach Koy Banal noon. Hindi siya masaya na nanalo ang FEU. It was indeed an ugly win by the Tamaraws over the NU Bulldogs.

james_ty
04-08-2008, 05:00 PM
UAAP CLASSICS
April 8, 2008

Second Game: De La Salle Green Archers vs UE Red Warriors, August 7, 2004, Araneta Coliseum.

The first meeting of the Pumaren brothers as head coaches of their respective teams (Franz in DLSU, Dindo in UE). Dindo won over Franz, 82-79.

And who would have imagined that three years later, Franz would beat Dindo in the UAAP finals?

The_Big_Cat
04-08-2008, 06:59 PM
UAAP CLASSICS
April 8, 2008

And who would have imagined that three years later, Franz would beat Dindo in the UAAP finals?

Even in their PBA careers, Franz Pumaren's San Miguel would beat Dindo Pumaren's Purefoods in the late 80s up to mid 90's. But Dindo had the better stats in their careers.

RockLobster
04-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Sorry as this question may have been posed way back and I just missed out on the response. Why aren't these reruns being shown on weekends as well? I would think that a lot of the target audience who are part of the labor force (like me) would be most reachable during Saturday and/or Sunday, right? I'd have to wait for the next weekday holiday to be able to see these reruns.

Dark Knight
04-08-2008, 10:57 PM
I feel for you Rocklobster, but thats the sked.

But hey, look at the bright side. At least, you have a job. ;D :D

RockLobster
04-09-2008, 08:19 AM
^Thanks for empathizing, Dark Knight. :)

Ako pa naman yung klase ng tao na mahilig manood ng replays. Lalo na't UP fan ako--baka sakaling sa replay man lang, eh makapanalo ang Fighting Maroons. ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Sorry as this question may have been posed way back and I just missed out on the response. Why aren't these reruns being shown on weekends as well? I would think that a lot of the target audience who are part of the labor force (like me) would be most reachable during Saturday and/or Sunday, right? I'd have to wait for the next weekday holiday to be able to see these reruns.

It is summer. The target audience are students.

ABS-CBN might be lobying for a renewal of its broadcasting contract with UAAP. Or have renewed it already?
It has been said in the past, that the contract will be expiring this year.

The NCAA contract with ABS-CBN was renewed last year already

GMA-7 and ABC-5 are also interested in acquiring UAAP in their programming lineup.

stonecold316
04-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Sana i-consider ang GMA 7. Let's see baka mag ok ang coverage kung sila.

It's just my honest opinyon. Pero ok na rin sa Studio 23 although they suck nung pinutol nila ang games ng men's volleyball championship.

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
04-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Sana i-consider ang GMA 7. Let's see baka mag ok ang coverage kung sila.

It's just my honest opinyon. Pero ok na rin sa Studio 23 although they suck nung pinutol nila ang games ng men's volleyball championship.

stonecold316

Yes. They should consider other offers on the table. When I do go out of town, some hotels don't have studio23 in their cable lineup especially in Mindanao. Lalo na siguro doon sa mga local household na walang cable.

About that Volleyball game, kung Basketball yun siguradong hindi puputulin yun. Tatapusin yun kahit replay.

batangueño
04-09-2008, 08:58 PM
If ever GMA wins the rights to broadcast the UAAP, it will most probably be placed on QTV. I also doubt that GMA will handle the broadcast by itself given its lack of experience in sports coverage so I am thinking that it will be a joint bid by GMA and Solar. :)

The_Big_Cat
04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
If ever GMA wins the rights to broadcast the UAAP, it will most probably be placed on QTV. I also doubt that GMA will handle the broadcast by itself given its lack of experience in sports coverage so I am thinking that it will be a joint bid by GMA and Solar. :)

Yes. Kung GMA-Solar tandem broadcast yan baka mapunta sa BTV naman! At baka delayed parang sa PBL games.
Sana huwag. :D :D

Sino naman kaya magiging commentators? Richard Gutierrez, Ding Dong Dantes, Ogie Alcasid, Michael V., or maybe Mike Enriquez (Hindi namin kayo tatantanan!) :D :D

Seriously, Studio23 (ABS-CBN) has the best to offer among other bidders.

batangueño
04-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Kabayang The_Big_Cat, malamang sa QTV yan mapupunta if ever GMA-Solar wins the rights to broadcast the UAAP. Sportscasters, baka sina Jude KABOOM Turcuato, Mico Halili, and the ever favorites Quinito Henson and Chino Trinidad. :o ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Kabayang The_Big_Cat, malamang sa QTV yan mapupunta if ever GMA-Solar wins the rights to broadcast the UAAP. Sportscasters, baka sina Jude KABOOM Turcuato, Mico Halili, and the ever favorites Quinito Henson and Chino Trinidad. :o ;D

Yes. Maybe?
:)

I don't think Quinito Henson and Chino Trinidad would go back to college basketball. If the PBA would go to GMA, then they will.

stonecold316
04-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Maganda naman ang tandem ng GMA-Solar. Pero kung delayed ang telecast, forget it.
Studio 23 na lang.

stonecold316

batangueño
04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
It seems like we are going to have replays past UAAP Cheerdance Competitions this afternoon. On TV right now, the 2004 Nestle Non-Stop UAAP Cheerdance Competition.

It's a good thing that Nestle pulled out from sponsoring the event. At least, the cheering squads do not have to pay homage to an ice cream with an ugly taste (e.g. Nestle Non-Stop Black). ;D

stonecold316
04-13-2008, 11:25 PM
I watched the replay of the 2004 cheerdance competitions and got a shock when UST's winning routine was not shown by Studio 23. A friend text me na supposedly UST's turn should have come after Ateneo's performance. Pero as it turns out, UP ang sumunod then DLSU na ang last.

So I called up Channel 2 to complain. I asked kung ang nangyari ba eh sinadya ang pagputol ng routine ng UST dahil kulang na sa oras or may pagkakamali lang sa nangyari? Hindi ko maiwasan maasar kasi UST ang champion that year and I was really excited again to see Sallingawi's winning performance. Then sila pa ang nawala sa exsena.

Hay buhay!

stonecold316

james_ty
04-14-2008, 10:44 AM
I think it was because of time constraints. Studio 23 had to end the cheerdance competition at 6 pm to give way to a cartoon show on primetime.

I hope Studio 23 doesn't cut the PBA broadcast once the games are aired on that station.

The_Big_Cat
04-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Anyways, sana mag merge na lang ang NCAA at UAAP Cheerdance Competition? Malay niyo this might trigger the "real merger". ;D

batangueño
04-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Sorry if this is off-topic but I am currently tuned in to the NCAA replays. It is nice to see Say Alonzo doing courtside reportage for CSB. ;) :D

The_Big_Cat
04-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Sorry if this is off-topic but I am currently tuned in to the NCAA replays. It is nice to see Say Alonzo doing courtside reportage for CSB. ;) :D

Yes. A sight for sore-eyes in this sweltering heat of summer.

batangueño
04-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes. A sight for sore-eyes in this sweltering heat of summer.

True. ;D

batangueño
04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
UAAP CLASSICS
April 15, 2008

First Game: Adamson vs FEU, July 15, 2004, Araneta Coliseum.

The Tamaraws defated the Falcons, 64-57. Top player for FEU was Mark Isip while for Adamson, it was Ken Bono.

By the way, where is Beau Canlas now?

Also, nasaan na si Cummings ng Adamson?

stonecold316
04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
I think it was because of time constraints. Studio 23 had to end the cheerdance competition at 6 pm to give way to a cartoon show on primetime.

I hope Studio 23 doesn't cut the PBA broadcast once the games are aired on that station.

I don't think it was because of time constraints. When I looked at the clock, ang dami pang oras so they don't have reason to cut it. Tsaka bakit UST's performance ang pinutol when in fact sila ang champions that year? Dun pa naman ginawa yung helicopter routine tas yun pa pinutol.

>:( >:( >:(

stonecold316

batangueño
04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
UAAP CLASSICS
April 15, 2008

Second Game: La Salle vs UST, July 29, 2004, Araneta Coliseum.

The Archers won over the Tigers, 79-75. Mac Cardona was the top Archer while Danny Pribdhas was the top Tiger.

tiuperman
04-18-2008, 03:36 PM
games today:

Season 63 (circa 2000)
2 pm - Ateneo (70) vs. La Salle (94) rd.1

2nd game: Ateneo vs. La Salle (rd. 2)

batangueño
04-18-2008, 04:25 PM
This is the start of the Ateneo vs La Salle games replays! Tambakan series again! ;) ;D

stonecold316
04-18-2008, 04:54 PM
This is the start of the Ateneo vs La Salle games replays! Tambakan series again! ;) ;D

Thanks for the updates sir.

stonecold316

Dark Knight
04-18-2008, 05:38 PM
UAAP Season 63. Year 2000.

Ateneo vs La Salle 1st and 2nd Round Eliminations.

La Salle

Franz Pumaren

Gozum
Ritualo
Vainio
Castro
Cuan
Jose
Sta Maria
Cortez
Ramos
Wilson
Magsumbol

Ateneo

Lipa

Gonzales
Villanueva
Sison
Tanchi
Cruz
Antonio
Bugia
Membrere
Alvarez
Quimpo
Chia

1st Rd Panelist : Sarmenta and Sacdalan CR : DLSU Bobby Yan

La Salle Won

Game was close until all hell broke loose for La Salle in the 2nd Quarter capping a 20 something blast that transformed a tight match into a blowout. Ritualo was a man possessed that time hitting from all cylinders.

2nd Round Panelist : Bill Velasco and Freddie Webb (yep, you read it right). CR DLSU-George Rocha ADMU-Pia Arcangel

ATENEO Won

Ateneo was fighting for the 2nd seed and a twice to beat advantage. And they all went bald. An Ateneo loss will tie them to the then third place FEU. Ateneo controlled the game until the 2nd half when La Salle made a serious run, but Villanueva's free throw shootingklept La Salle at bay.

Ateneo got the 2x to beat advantage but was wasted when the FEU Tamaraws upsets them thus setting a DLSU vs FEU Finals that season.

yellow_we
04-20-2008, 06:32 AM
what would it be for today? Kung hndi man UAAP Cheering Competition ang replay sana Basketball FInals replay ulet and more likely ADMU vs. DLSU or UST vs. ADMU or UST vs. DLSU games! hehe.. di ako obvious kung saang school galing. ;D ;D :D

stonecold316
04-21-2008, 05:09 AM
what would it be for today? Kung hndi man UAAP Cheering Competition ang replay sana Basketball FInals replay ulet and more likely ADMU vs. DLSU or UST vs. ADMU or UST vs. DLSU games! hehe.. di ako obvious kung saang school galing. ;D ;D :D

no replays kanina.

stonecold316

james_ty
04-21-2008, 11:53 AM

no replays kanina.

stonecold316

Balls channel block ang ipinalabas.

stonecold316
04-21-2008, 12:41 PM
nauubusan na ba ang studio 23 ng mga replays?

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
04-21-2008, 01:06 PM

stonecold316

Siguro. ;D
Yung 2007 UAAP Awards paulit-ulit.
Wala ba sila nun past UAAP Awards, mukhang hindi nila na record? ;D

yellow_we
04-21-2008, 02:31 PM

stonecold316

mukha nga e! talagang hinintay ko pa naman! LOL! maski nga NCAA replay ngaun monday boxing ang pinalabas amp! :o

vickster
04-21-2008, 09:30 PM
games 1 and 2 of the 2001 finals between admu and dlsu tomorrow, barring any breaking events..

The_Big_Cat
04-21-2008, 09:35 PM
games 1 and 2 of the 2001 finals between admu and dlsu tomorrow, barring any breaking events..

LA Tenorio had that fabulous game 1 then scoring over 20 pts.

batangueño
04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
UAAP CLASSICS
April 22, 2008

UAAP Classic Games today featured Games 1 and 2 of the 2001 UAAP men's basketball finals between the Ateneo Blue Eagles and the De La Salle Green Archers.

1st Game: Finals Game 1: DLSU def. ADMU, 74-68.

2nd Game: Finals Game 2: ADMU def. DLSU, 76-72.

I love watching Coach Joe Lipa in his glory days as a head coach (although I was rooting for DLSU at that time). Curious nga lang ako kung sino yung nakasagutan niya sa likod ng Ateneo bench right after the end of Game 2 wherein the Eagles defeated the Archers by six. Inawat nga si Coach Joe ni Enrico Villanueva noon eh.

aircanda
04-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Killer 3 ang pinabagsak ni Magnum.. ;D sarap panoorin..

also, Cortez.. oh man.. im sure inis na inis ang mga admu fans sa galing niya nun..

batangueño
04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Kabayang aircanda, iba talaga ang nostalgia ng isang Ateneo-La Salle UAAP game, ano? ;) :D

aircanda
04-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Kabayang aircanda, iba talaga ang nostalgia ng isang Ateneo-La Salle UAAP game, ano? ;) :D

Hindi ako Atenista o Lasalista pero tuwang-tuwa ako at damang-dama ko ang excitement bawsat laro.. ;D

batangueño
04-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Hindi ako Atenista o Lasalista pero tuwang-tuwa ako at damang-dama ko ang excitement bawsat laro..* ;D

Kung exciting na nga yung game sa TV, what more kung nandoon ka mismo sa loob ng Araneta Coliseum, watching the game live. Ateneo vs La Salle UAAP men's basketball games really bring back memories. ;) ;D

-----------

Curious lang ako. Where did ABS-CBN find that rare footage of the 1988 UAAP men's basketball finals between Ateneo and La Salle which they featured on the opening billboard of the 2001 UAAP men's basketball finals between, yes, Ateneo and La Salle?

bluewing
04-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Curious lang ako. Where did ABS-CBN find that rare footage of the 1988 UAAP men's basketball finals between Ateneo and La Salle which they featured on the opening billboard of the 2001 UAAP men's basketball finals between, yes, Ateneo and La Salle?

it's not that rare. i have a copy of that game. and so do a bunch of other guys. some of us even have a copy of the 1987 championship game against UE.

The_Big_Cat
04-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Pocholo "Cholo" Villanueva was a rookie on that 2001 DLSU champion team.
I wonder why it took until 2007 for him to graduate? ???
Kaya pala beteranong-beterano na kung maglaro last year.

Dark Knight
04-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Cholo sat out for two seasons. 2004 and 2005 yata sya wala sa line up.

The_Big_Cat
04-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Cholo sat out for two seasons. 2004 and 2005 yata sya wala sa line up.

Cholo sat out the 2003 and 2004. He was on that 2005 team that lost to FEU in the Finals.
Binatukan pa nga si Arwind Santos sa ulo ng La Salle team manager na si Manny Salgado. :(

batangueño
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
it's not that rare. i have a copy of that game. and so do a bunch of other guys. some of us even have a copy of the 1987 championship game against UE.

I see. :)

Which entity did the video coverage of the 1987 Ateneo-La Salle UAAP finals? Was the UAAP already being covered by any media entity back then? ???

The_Big_Cat
04-23-2008, 08:06 PM

Which entity did the video coverage of the 1987 Ateneo-La Salle UAAP finals? Was the UAAP already being covered by any media entity back then? ???

If I recall it correctly it was Silver Stars Production in RPN-9.

jeffjan
04-25-2008, 05:22 PM
2001 UAAP Finals Game 2 and 3 - Ateneo-La Salle today :D

james_ty
04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
No UAAP replays on Thursdays and Sundays to give way to the Balls block on Studio 23. Those are sports events shown on Balls, the Skycable channel that the Lopezes created to replace BTV.

bluebruiser90
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM

If I recall it correctly it was Silver Stars Production in RPN-9.

Malamang hindi dahil 90's na lang yang Silver Star. 1990-91 at the earliest. Malamang networks na lang mismo ag nagdala ng broadcast nung 1987 finals.

The_Big_Cat
04-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Parang sa Channel 4 pinalabas yung 1987 UAAP Finals. Sa Rizal Memorial ginanap ang series. I used to record basketball games back then by either by Betamax or VHS.

james_ty
04-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Games One and Two of the 2002 UAAP Finals (Ateneo vs. La Salle) were replayed today. Definitely a must-see!

And Jude Turcuato covering the games before he joined Solar Sports.

Ditto with Mico Halili before he moved to the PBA.

Patty Laurel was pretty and she still is.

But where is Agnes Tapia now? Ang alam ko, she was Cholo Villanueva's ex.

Tigercub
04-29-2008, 08:00 PM
boo! no to Balls block...
UAAP replays na lang!!!

batangueño
04-29-2008, 09:18 PM
boo! no to Balls block...
UAAP replays na lang!!!

I have to agree with Tigercub. Talagang PANGIT ang Balls block na yan sa Studio 23.

coreytaylor
05-03-2008, 12:55 PM
naks! ang sarap panourin muli ang seasons 64 & 65 championships! ;D

stonecold316
05-03-2008, 01:08 PM
UST ako pero the Ateneo vs DLSU Finals series in 2002 was really a classic.

Most of the players who saw action in the Finals are now strutting their wares sa PBA. How fast time goes.

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 02:07 PM
The Ateneo vs La Salle UAAP championships in 2001 and 2002 were one of the exciting finals that I've seen ever.

In 2001, i watched it with my uncles (dlsu, admu) and erpat (sbc). We were sitted on the dlsu side and ironically DLSU won.

The next year, 2002, we were all sitted in the admu side and ironically Ateneo won.
Swerte ako talaga. ;D ;D

yellow_we
05-03-2008, 02:09 PM
The Ateneo vs La Salle UAAP championships in 2001 and 2002 were one of the exciting finals that I've seen ever.

In 2001, i watched it with my uncles (dlsu, admu) and erpat (sbc). We were sitted on the dlsu side and ironically DLSU won.

The next year, 2002, we were all sitted in the admu side and ironically Ateneo won.
Swerte ako talaga. ;D ;D

Next time watch a UST game, magsilbing anghel ka sa amin! haha! Like you, I'm looking forward for a Green vs. Yellow encounter in the finals but that is again, too early to tell. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Kung may time why not.

I like Espana this year.
:)

stonecold316
05-05-2008, 03:04 AM

Swerte ako talaga. ;D ;D

Sige lang, Watch ka ng UST game at baka kaw nga ay maging swerte samin. hahaha!

stonecold316

vickster
05-06-2008, 09:41 AM
2003 round 1 and round 2 games between admu-dlsu today

Raging Blue
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Alright!

I presume then that Studio 23 will be broadcasting the two bruising 2003 final four games between ADMU and DLSU on Friday. I missed that series as I had to attended my nephews wedding in the US.

Get your recorders ready.

The_Big_Cat
05-06-2008, 11:04 AM

rookie seasons nila Casio and Escueta.

joelex
05-06-2008, 11:25 AM

rookie seasons nila Casio and Escueta.

kailan papalabas yung 2003 admu-dlsu game na may gaco-tenorio incident at rafa dinglasan-andrew cruz/rico v post game fracas?

The_Big_Cat
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
kailan papalabas yung 2003 admu-dlsu game na may gaco-tenorio incident at rafa dinglasan-andrew cruz/rico v post game fracas?

I think I saw this game on television. Cruz, Villanueva et. al were all sitting behind the dlsu bench.

bluewing
05-09-2008, 05:09 PM
nakaka-miss ang kaangasan ni wesley. bakit wala na tayong ganun?

CM_Punk
05-16-2008, 10:39 PM
The 4 PM game shown today on Studio 23 was the 1st round meeting between ADMU and DLSU in July 2005, which the Green Archers won 78-60.

I was focused on Japeth Aguilar, and boy was he dominant in this game. He had 3 blocks in the first quarter alone, and in 23 minutes Japeth produced 9 points, 10 rebounds, and 6 blocked shots! Can't help but wonder what could have been if he had decided to stay with the Blue Eagles, and teamed up with Al-Hussaini to establish a formidable twin towers combo against the rest of the UAAP teams.

joelex
05-17-2008, 03:12 AM
honestly, if Aguilar, Ronnie Bughao and Chito Jaime all managed to don the Ateneo jersey in the UAAP, i think ADMU would have won at least 2-3 UAAP titles these past 4 years (counting on the fact that I do not know the remaining years of eligibility Bughao and Jaime still had). Japeth alone would have been a difference in the 2006 loss to UST, what more with the addition of the 2 aforementioned players.

coreytaylor
05-17-2008, 10:06 AM
^ what more if gian chiu stayed ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 11:15 AM
^Unfortunately all of them (Aguilar, Bughao, Jaime & Chiu) had other plans in their minds.
Wishful thinking na lang.

pablohoney
05-17-2008, 11:16 AM
^ The WHAT-IFs ng buhay UAAP. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 11:23 AM
^ The WHAT-IFs ng buhay UAAP. ;D

Ha ha ha! Its correct.
But to the serious ones, puzzling and sad in the end. :)

pablohoney
05-23-2008, 09:16 PM
The dlsu-admu game wherein rico m.'s last second shot was nullified yung nireplay kanina.
Then a few days after nun, maglalaban ang nu-admu, kung saan nakasilat ang nu.
Irereplay din kaya iyun? ???

vickster
05-23-2008, 11:26 PM
The dlsu-admu game wherein rico m.'s last second shot was nullified yung nireplay kanina.

doesnt look like it. it will be still admu-dlsu next tuesday and friday. games #3, 4, and 5 of last year's duels.

stonecold316
05-24-2008, 02:48 PM

doesnt look like it. it will be still admu-dlsu next tuesday and friday. games #3, 4, and 5 of last year's duels.

It looks like ADMU and DLSU na lang ang UAAP.

;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
05-24-2008, 02:53 PM

;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

He's right.
The title runs of FEU in 2003, 2004 & 2005 would be a good alternative.

pablohoney
05-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Since napatunayan na na may "pera" din sa volleyball, lalo na't sa women's, I expect S23 to flood its televiewers of the replays of the WVT games after the 1st sem. In the meantime, let's contend ourselves with watching "more" dlsu-admu bball games in the coming weeks.

stonecold316
05-24-2008, 03:03 PM

;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

He's right.

Kala ko nga kahapon may ibang replay ang Studio 23 ng UAAP basketball pero ADMU and DLSU na naman ang na-replay. There are eight schools sa liga at bawat isa ay may total na 14 games sa eliminations and another three to five games for the four teams na papasok sa Final Four and championship games. Sa dami ng mga laro I'm sure may alternative naman na games na pwedeng i-replay hindi ba?

Puro na lang ADMU and DLSU. halatang bias ang mga tiga Studio 23 eh.Sorry for this pero it's true.

stonecold316

sa_pula
05-24-2008, 03:14 PM
sana i-replay yung laban sa pagitan ng DLSU at UE.Yung panalo na DLSU humabol lang UE at ng OT. Kahit sabihin pa na hindi counted yung laro yun kasi inutos ng board na ulitin yung laban, sarap pa rin balik balikan kasi classic na classic talaga.

yellow_we
05-24-2008, 03:28 PM
currently being shown is season 69 UAAP Cheerdance Competition wherein UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe was proclaimed as champions and succeeded in their "jive for five" campaign. ;)

yellow_we
05-24-2008, 04:48 PM
It looks like it'll be a blow of cheer dance for today as Studio 23 shows the replay of Season 70 Cheerdance Competition. The green squad started the show wherein interestingly, they misspelled the name of their school in the middle of their performance. Next in line was UP Pep Squad. They proved "UP Rocks" with their fantastic stunts, amazing tosses and never seen maneuvers that made them finally win again the event. They were able to steal the title from UST and successfully prevented them capturing their 6peat crown. I strongly believe that it was UP's time and deserved to win the title. I even thought FEU would win the 2nd place. Not that I don't support my own team but hellah I thought FEU did something new and better on that event. But then again, it's just my opinion and still glad UST SDT made it as the 2nd place. :D

vickster
05-24-2008, 06:17 PM

;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

He's right.

Kala ko nga kahapon may ibang replay ang Studio 23 ng UAAP basketball pero ADMU and DLSU na naman ang na-replay. There are eight schools sa liga at bawat isa ay may total na 14 games sa eliminations and another three to five games for the four teams na papasok sa Final Four and championship games. Sa dami ng mga laro I'm sure may alternative naman na games na pwedeng i-replay hindi ba?

Puro na lang ADMU and DLSU. halatang bias ang mga tiga Studio 23 eh.Sorry for this pero it's true.

stonecold316

as far as i know, the studio 23 people were marketing the 6 weeks as some sort of an ADMU-DLSU bonanza which end this month. could be they were hoping for sponsorships for these but never materialized bu nasked na so tinuloy na lang but that's just my assumption.

anyway, the 2004 feu-dlsu finals is supposedly scheduled on June 6 and 10.

The_Big_Cat
05-24-2008, 07:48 PM
as far as i know, the studio 23 people were marketing the 6 weeks as some sort of an ADMU-DLSU bonanza which end this month. could be they were hoping for sponsorships for these but never materialized bu nasked na so tinuloy na lang but that's just my assumption.

This is the finals that La Salle fielded ineligible players Benitez & Gatchalian.
The 2003 & 2005 Finals would be nice.

Dark Knight
05-26-2008, 08:05 AM
as far as i know, the studio 23 people were marketing the 6 weeks as some sort of an ADMU-DLSU bonanza which end this month.* could be they were hoping for sponsorships for these but never materialized bu nasked na so tinuloy na lang but that's just my assumption.

This is the finals that La Salle fielded ineligible players Benitez & Gatchalian.
The 2003 & 2005 Finals would be nice.

Yeah! Now you're talkin......anyone here cares to record those series and sell them in Betamax format will be greatly appreciated. :D

blublood
05-26-2008, 02:48 PM

;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

He's right.

stonecold316

you know, in the past few months [january-april], hndi ateneo-la salle games ang pinapalabas nila. ngayong late april and may lng nila inumpisahan yung pagpapalabas ng blue vs green games so you can't say that they are bias.

coreytaylor
05-30-2008, 06:53 PM
i watched ateneo-la salle V kanina. remember that play when ty tang rode the back of al-huissaini? it was soo cute! it looked like a monkey riding on a gorilla. :D

blublood
05-30-2008, 07:15 PM
i watched ateneo-la salle V kanina. remember that play when ty t@ng rode the back of al-huissaini? it was soo cute! it looked like a monkey riding on a gorilla. :D

;D that's a funny one.

wilhelm
06-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Good idea tlga ito pang hype up ng season 71.

stonecold316
06-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Ano ang susunod na games na palalabas?