PDA

View Full Version : The HAIL Rules and Regulations Thread

5FootCarrot
01-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I seem to recall that the HAIL has eligibility requirements that bar a school from fielding in players competing in the PBL or with PBL experience. Is this true or still the case?

(Sorry about the blah thread title. I couldn't think of anything.)

Dark Knight
02-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Only 3 players with PBL orV-League ex[erience areallowed according to Wikipedia.

stonecold316
02-05-2008, 04:12 AM
As far as I know, ang usually pinaglalaro ng mga teams eh players coming from their Team B. This league was created to help young players develop their skills. Ginagamit rin ito ng mga coaches as a guide kung sinong players ang pwede nila ipasok sa regular roster. Tiga Lyceum ata ang nag conceptualize ng HAIL base sa information na nakuha ko.

stonecold316 :D :D :D

myktristan
02-05-2008, 12:20 PM
The Home and Away Invitational League (HAIL) is an intercollegiate basketball and volleyball league in the Philippines formed in 2004. It is managed by group led by Far Eastern University Athletic Heads Mark Molina and Anton Montinola.

The member teams are from different leagues around Metro Manila, namely the Ateneo de Manila University, the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde, De La Salle University-Manila, Emilio Aguinaldo College, the Far Eastern University, the Lyceum of the Philippines University, the San Beda College, the University of the East, and the University of Santo Tomas.

The first batch of champions in each division are the University of the East for Men's Basketball, the Ateneo de Manila University for Women's Basketball, the Far Eastern University for Men's Volleyball and the Ateneo de Manila University for Women's Volleyball.

Every team is limited to field in only 3 players who played in Philippine Basketball League or Shakey's V-League to keep the competition at a collegiate level.

San Beda College is the only school not fielding a team for both women sports.

In S.Y. 2006-2007, San Sebastian College - Recoletos, FEATI University and Adamson University joined the league.

5FootCarrot
02-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the clarification, guys :)

Of course, it's now moot and academic as far as I'm concerned because Ateneo ended up not joining the tournament :P but it's good to finally know what the deal is as far as the PBL thing goes.