PDA

View Full Version : CeSAFI Ground Rules

thadzonline
01-03-2008, 01:29 PM
long overdue na po..sorry..hehe, this is the ground rules na binigay ng CeSAFI Secretariat c/o Mr. Bernard Ricablanca of UC:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/thadzonline/cesafirules1.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/thadzonline/cesafirules2.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/thadzonline/cesafirules3.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/thadzonline/cesafirules4.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/thadzonline/cesafirules5.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/thadzonline/cesafirules6.jpg

ankle breaker
01-09-2008, 03:27 AM
it is really there in section 7.2 that players are disqualified if they are playing for the national team.

thadzonline
01-09-2008, 07:28 AM
I hope they amend it soon

thadzonline
06-18-2008, 08:42 AM
WITH the growing number of Fil-foreigners beefing up the line-up of basketball teams for this season’s Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc. (Cesafi), the latter wants to make sure that there will still be equal chances for these recruits and the local players.

Because of the growing number of Filipino-foreigners in the teams, Cesafi had implemented a rule that will allow only one Fil-Foreigner playing on the court at a time per team.

“This is for parity’s sake. This should give locals the chance to play. Otherwise, if not regulated, it might become an all-Filipino-foreigner league,” said commissioner Felix Tiukinhoy after their meeting with athletic directors and coaches last week.

Factor

With University of the Visayas’ (UV) Filipino-American 6-foot-7 gem Gregory Slaughter proving to be a crowd drawer and whose presence had helped UV’s staggering seven straight title success, a number of schools have decided to get the services of more Filipino-Foreigners. However, some have exaggerated and acquired more than one of these tall players.

Not one team, however, has divulged their Fil-Foreigner recruits or their line-up for that matter, yet.

This rule is just one of the many changes that are to be implemented this season, which will be run army-style. “No colored hair, no tomahawk hair cut, no ponytails.
These are all prohibited. We expect the players to look decent on court,” he added.

“The rationale for that is they are representing their universities so it is necessary for them to do so in a neat and decent manner,” said Tiukinhoy.

Meanwhile, stricter rules for academic loads of athletes are also to be implemented this year. Instead of the minimum 12 units that each athlete needs to enroll in a semester, it was raised to 15 units.

Cesafi lays down rules on importing players

Tiukinhoy stressed the importance of balancing the athletes’ responsibilities as athletic scholars and as students.

Drug test

Meanwhile, another important addition to the rules that will be instigated this year is the drug testing. Random drug tests will also be done on random athletes all throughout the tournament.

Plans on having drug tests never materialized in the past seasons and Cesafi administration is putting its foot down this year. Those testing positive for illegal substance will be facing stiff sanctions.

With less than two months remaining before the unveiling of the 2008-2009 season of Cebu’s premier inter-collegiate competition, the Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc., preparations are well underway for an exciting basketball season when it opens on August 2 at the Cebu Coliseum. MCB

http://sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/06/18/sports/cesafi.lays.down.rules.on.importing.players.html

watch out for my take on this issue, I'll be writing in Basketbolista or the Southern Scout column

ankle breaker
06-18-2008, 09:26 PM
i thought tiukinhoy resigned as CESAFI commissioner?

amdgc82
06-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Players in fistfights will face one-year suspension
www.sunstar.com.ph

WHOLESOMENESS is the motif for this year’s Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc. (Cesafi).

The Cesafi officials and the team’s coaches and athletic directors met the other day to amend the sanctions that will be slapped on players, who figure in a free-for-all.

“We want to keep the games wholesome and entertaining that is why we will be giving stiffer penalties. Players will now have to think twice before they throw a punch,” said Cesafi commissioner Felix Tiukinhoy.

The stiff penalty that Tiukinhoy is referring to is the slapping of erring athletes with up to a one-year ban depending on the gravity of the offense.

Before, players only face a possible suspension of 1-5 games.

There has never been a year in Cesafi, where it is so peaceful that no fistfights occurred. With the new ruling, it will be a big challenge for the players, especially the known trouble-makers and hot-heads, to contain themselves.

In another development, the group decided that the women’s basketball competition will be scrapped this year because of very few participants.

After years of settling for second place, the women’s basketball of University of San Carlos finally nailed its first championship last year. Little did they know that they could no longer defend the crown.

Meanwhile, playing in the opening game on Aug. 2 at the Cebu Coliseum is perennial runner up USC Warriors, which will be parading its gigantic cast of Filipino-Americans, against an all-Filipino cast of Southwestern University.

For the past two years, USC had failed to snatch the title losing to powerhouse University of the Visayas on both occasions.

This year, USC will be playing without top gunner Niño Ramirez. To fill the hole, USC tapped the services of Filipino-Australian Emel Rowe and a few other Filipino-foreigners, who have not finalized their entries yet. (MCB)

Semenelin
06-19-2008, 12:01 PM
paclarify naman, if a player plays for the flag, he gets disqualified. for that year only? kasi hindi pa naman banned di ba? meaning, for example, GS is picked to play for a tournament next year, he can still play the year after unless he hits his 25th bday or he already plays 5 years of college ball? tama ba pagkakaintindi ko?

thadzonline
06-19-2008, 12:30 PM
oo nga pala ano, present tense ang ginamit

Semenelin
06-19-2008, 02:05 PM
so would this mean, GS or JF can be tapped to represent the flag(and gain international experience) and still be available for the CESAFI season the following year? Ayus yun kung ganun.

ryanniex
06-19-2008, 02:15 PM

unsa na ni.....????? so if naay mga maau nga fil.ams den a2 na e disregard? den kron mao ni ang mga bag.o nga rules? what happen if ang school pag summer kay nag recruit coz wla pa man ni bag.o nga rules supposed to say nga it should be implemented on the next school year but not dis yr, kron pa man nag start na ang school yr den kron pa cla mag himo ug new rules, wat will happen like uc or uv for example if naa cla mga new fil.ams nga ni abot dli to kaduwa coz of this new rules? it should be implemented next school yr but not this yr. if kron nga yr nag make ta sla daan b4 nag summer para ang mga teams nga naay posible nga mo kuha ug mga fil ams dli nlng. maau kaau ta mo ingon if naa gani mo sikat sa us europe or bsan asa sa country a2 daun ingnon nga fil.am na cya mao ni cya etc... pro if abot na gani dri sa phil. a2 na hinoun e discrimanate... paet pud

thadzonline
06-19-2008, 04:01 PM
for board approval pa daw coach ry...pero I doubt sad if dili ma approve sa board...ang rule is dili magkadungan ug duwa ang fil-am so pwede nakalineup sila basta dili lang madungan sa court..I still have my reservations about it...and also especialy ang hairdo nga rules is really funny

ankle breaker
06-19-2008, 09:50 PM
murag nagka OA na ang rules. murag naa nay sagol binoang. agree ko anang ban ang magsumbagay pero ang kanang di magdungan, sinuon naman na sa UAAP nya ang hairdo, hahahaha. kapaet. ngano but-an ang tawo pagsport ug hairdo nga iyang gusto? fashion man tawn na oi. wala nalang jud bay freedom ug rights ang mga players ani. kung akoy player, balhin nalang ko oi. di na ko moduwa sa CESAFI. maypa adto ko duwa sa schools nga member sa usa ka league nga walay kyeme.

thadzonline
06-20-2008, 09:57 AM
the CeSAFI will be run army style daw...

ankle breaker
06-20-2008, 08:54 PM
so meaning, snappy napud na sila kung magduwa nya dili molihok kung walay command. murag na ron sila ug robot ani. hehehehe

thadzonline
06-26-2008, 08:02 AM
pati tatoo daw if hugaw tan-awon patabunan....i hope they provide along with it an operational definition of what constitutes hugaw ug ang dili hugaw

ankle breaker
06-26-2008, 09:39 PM
im just wondering. it was reported before that tiukinhoy resigned. but it seems that he's behind all of this? were they not able to find a replacement for him? it sounds ridiculous, all these new rules and changes. schools can't even ban students from sporting long hair and tattoos. how much more a school league where all fashion trend is supposed to be allowed as long as it's within the bounds of moral laws and values. i can't find any laws being violated when you sport long hair and have tattoos.

thadzonline
06-26-2008, 10:01 PM
most likely ma retain ra gihaponm si Tiukinhuy as commish

ankle breaker
06-27-2008, 10:00 PM
unsaon naman lang nang AUBC? di ba siya man ang commish ana? pila na ka weeks?

thadzonline
06-27-2008, 10:13 PM
1 week ra na ang SUBC, july 5-12, mao siguro na balhin ang supposedly July 2-6 nga Liga Pilipinas leg sa Cebu ngadto sa Pagadian

ankle breaker
07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
batia pud sa? wa man siguro nay ayo nga liga oi. basin pilde ra pud ang mga teams sa cebu ana.

thadzonline
08-15-2008, 09:35 AM
change in interpretation of CeSAFI rules:

Bakker and Rowe can play together as long as they submitted documents to prove they are Filipinos..but pure foreigners without filipino blood cannot play at the same time. Bakker by the way submitted just Canadian documents. But since Rowe submitted Filipino documents, he is to be considered a Filipino just like the "locals"

ankle breaker
08-15-2008, 11:39 PM
nice update thadz and good work cesafi for quick resolution for that new rule.