PDA

View Full Version : Arnel Manosca? What happened??

thekidblue
12-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Arnel Manosca! What happened to the guy!!
Back in the day i thought this guy was one of the best players. I thoughtd he was going to become one of the greatest but he had a career ending injury. Does anyone know what happened to him?
I was looking back and i remember this guy and he was named lil jawao and his signature move the barrel drive!!
Comment on him please.
who was on his team also, they had a nice lineup

dioning
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Arnel Manosca! What happened to the guy!!
Back in the day i thought this guy was one of the best players. I thoughtd he was going to become one of the greatest but he had a career ending injury. Does anyone know what happened to him?
I was looking back and i remember this guy and he was named lil jawao and his signature move the barrel drive!!
Comment on him please.
who was on his team also, they had a nice lineup

After getting injured, Manosca was not the same player that he used to be. Parang si Dave Supnet of San Sebastian who injured his knee matapos sahurin ni Dave Brodett ng San Beda. Ga-toothpick nalang ang talon nila at slow motion pa ang kilos. Atsaka medyo ilang na pag naglalaro. I heard many years ago that Manosca is now in Amerika. Not really sure though.

Like BJ Manalo and JV Gayoso, Manosca studied and played for Ateneo and Lasalle. Ang galing talaga niyang maglaro. I think he played a couple of seasons for Lasalle in the NCAA during the early eighties. Ang tsismis nga noon e ni-recruit (o pinirata?) siya ni Boss Danding from Ateneo para maka-laro for Lasalle. Ang iba naman sabi e mas gusto niya mag-laro sa NCAA keysa sa UAAP. I think he was with the Lasalle team na nakikipag-umbagan sa Letran noong nasa NCAA pa sila.

Am not sure but I think Lasalle players like Morabe and Afable also played for Ateneo before donning the green jersey. Sino pa bang mga Atenistang basketbolista ang naging Lasalista?

Ranger
12-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Arnel Manosca is now living in San Francisco area. He was part of the rebuilding team boss danding started in DLSU. Other rookies with him in that team coached by Pilo Pumaren were Franz Pumaren, Alfie Almario, Richard Mendoza, Teddy Alfarero, Jun Tan, Tonichi Yturri and Pio Morabe. Holdovers of that team were Jong Uichico, Aldo Perez, Eugene Navarette, Greg Bichara, Bong Lacson, Boy Manguera and Alex Aranez.

That 1980 team was well on their way to a 13-1 season, only losing to San Beda on opening day, until that infamous game wherein Letran supporters were mauled by constituents of boss danding. This in turn caused the NCAA to discontinue the tournament for that year..