PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Fr. Martin Open Collegiate Cup -- Scores and Schedules

AnthonyServinio
11-20-2007, 05:41 PM
OPENS
NOVEMBER 30, 2007

bchoter
11-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Anthony, Do you already have the list of participants?

Dark Knight
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Based on the "Im Confused.........." thread, red cub mentioned that this will be the 4th staging of the tournament.

So, is it really 3rd or 4th? ;D

LION
11-22-2007, 09:44 AM
OPENS NOVEMBER 30, 2007

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Another tournament for our Team Behold. 8)

What's on the menu, Anthony?

danny
11-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Are we going to witness a battle between San Beda's Team Animo and Team Behold, Lion? :)

LION
11-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Post moved to Red Lions Team Behold thread.

AnthonyServinio
11-27-2007, 01:05 PM
GROUP A
Adamson University
Far Eastern University
Jose Rizal University
La Consolacion College-Manila
Metro Manila Colleges
San Beda College-Manila A
San Sebastian College-Manila
STI College
University of Santo Tomas

GROUP B
Centro Escolar University
Colegio San Juan de Letran
De La Salle University-Manila
Mapua Institute of Technology
Manuel L. Quezon University
Philippine College of Criminology
San Beda College-Manila B
San Sebastian College-Cavite
University of the East

FORMAT

* * *Elimination Round.* The 18 participating schools have been divided into two groups of two.* They will play a single round robin amongst their groupmates.* Top two teams in each group advance to the crossover semifinals.

* * *Semifinal Round.* Top team of Group A faces second-ranked team of Group B and top team of Group B faces second-ranked team of Group A in separate knockout games.* The winners advance to the championship round.

* * *Championship Round.* The two semifinal round winners will play a one-game showdown for the championship.

AnthonyServinio
11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
November 30 (Friday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
9:00AM Mapua Institute of Technology vs. Philippine College of Criminology
10:30AM STI College vs. Adamson University
12:00PM Jose Rizal University vs. Metro Manila Colleges
1:30PM San Sebastian College-Cavite vs. San Beda College-Manila B

December 1 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
10:00AM Manuel L. Quezon University vs. University of the East
11:30AM Far Eastern University vs. San Sebastian College-Manila
1:00PM La Consolacion College-Manila vs. University of Santo Tomas

December 2 (Sunday) -- venue to be announced
10:00AM Mapua Institute of Technology vs. San Sebastian College-Cavite
11:30AM Philippine College of Criminology vs. Centro Escolar University
1:00PM Metro Manila Colleges vs. San Beda College-Manila A

Note: Schedule subject to change.

LION
11-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Oh boy!* This is good.* Nov. 30 is a holiday. I can watch Team Behold's game against a tough SSC-Cavite squad.

Sunday features a Team Animo game, just perfect to cap the weekend. :)

I was told that SBC - A and SBC - B are hybrid teams,* a mixture of Animo and Behold players sans the Animo starters who will be taking a much needed rest.

Dark Knight
11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Who's the defending champions?

mighty_lion
11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh boy!* This is good.* Nov. 30 is a holiday. I can watch Team Behold's game against a tough SSC-Cavite squad.

Sunday features a Team Animo game,* just perfect to cap the weekend.* *:)

I was told that SBC - A and SBC - B are hybrid teams,* a mixture of Animo and Behold players sans the Animo starters who will be taking a much needed rest.

Count me in as well! Astig na long weekend ito. ;D

bchoter
11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Notes:

1. No Ateneo, UP and NU. UP for obvious reasons.
2. DLSU and UE in the same group should be interesting.
3. From what I heard UST will also field a hybrid squad.

5FootCarrot
11-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Ateneo de Manila won the FMC3 championship over the past two years.

Dark Knight
11-28-2007, 08:00 PM

Ateneo de Manila won the FMC3 championship over the past two years.

Thanks sir...

mighty_lion
11-28-2007, 08:49 PM
^ Dark, Mam si 5FC.

amdgc82
11-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Fr. Martin Cup starts Nov 30
11/28/2007 | 06:36 PM

The 3rd Fr. Martin Collegiate Open Cup starts Friday (November 30) at the La Consolacion College of Manila Gym with an 18-team cast that includes University Athletic Association of the Philippine (UAAP) champion De La Salle University and back-to-back National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) titlist San Beda College.

According to a league statement, the Red Lions will be divided into two teams – San Beda A headed by 6-foot-9 Nigerian Emeka Udo and 2006 NCAA high school rookie MVP Elvin Pascual, and San Beda B to be led by 2007 NCAA rookie of the year Dave Marcelo and Bam Bam Gamalinda.

San Beda B will immediately see action in this event as it takes on San Sebastian-Cavite in the main offering of a heavy four-game bill at 1:30 p.m.

Other matches will see Mapua Institue of Technology, led by reigning NCAA MVP Kelvin de la Peña, facing Philippine College of Criminology at 9 a.m., NAASCU champion STI College against Adamson University at 10:30 a.m., and Jose Rizal University versus Metro Manila College at 12 noon.

The Fr. Martin Cup games will be played during weekends and holidays in three venues — the gyms of Arellano University, La Consolacion College, and Far Eastern University.

The league is organized by Ato Badolato, Joey Lim, and Kurt de Guzman with Aric del Rosario as commissioner. - GMANews.TV

Dark Knight
11-28-2007, 11:19 PM
^ Dark, Mam si 5FC.

Thanks might lion. My mistake. Sorry mam Carrot. :)

Dark Knight
11-28-2007, 11:41 PM
FEU might parade the followig players this FMC Open

Rob Kave 6'6
Pipo Noonduo 6'4
Jonas Paguia 6'5
Rap Mangahas 6'3
Garcia 6'1
Russell Yaya 6'5

A mix of Team A and Team B.

5FootCarrot
11-29-2007, 08:49 AM
^ Dark, Mam si 5FC.

Thanks might lion. My mistake. Sorry mam Carrot.* :)

No worries :) Good luck to all the teams participating in this year's FMC Open!

oca
11-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Eto at biglang dumating ang anak ng kapit-bahay namin na nag-aaral sa CEU,Mendiola. Nag early dismissal daw for security reasons due to what is happening now at Makati/ManilaPen.

Anak ng ewan 'to si Trillanes, baka ma-cancel pa ang mga laro bukas sa LaCo. Ngayon ko lang masisilip yung mga bagong players ng Mapua, mapupurnada pa yata >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

bchoter
11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
^ Stuck pa rin ako dito sa Makati. We're near Manila Pen :(

oca
11-29-2007, 05:21 PM
^ Stuck pa rin ako dito sa Makati. We're near Manila Pen :(

Ingat, pare.

AnthonyServinio
11-30-2007, 08:30 AM
November 30 (Friday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
9:00AM Mapua Institute of Technology vs. Philippine College of Criminology
10:30AM STI College vs. Adamson University
12:00PM Jose Rizal University vs. Metro Manila Colleges
1:30PM San Sebastian College-Cavite vs. San Beda College-Manila B

9:00AM Manuel L. Quezon University vs. University of the East
10:30AM Far Eastern University vs. San Sebastian College-Manila
12:00PM La Consolacion College-Manila vs. University of Santo Tomas

December 2 (Sunday) -- San Sebastian College-Manila Gym
10:00AM Mapua Institute of Technology vs. San Sebastian College-Cavite
11:30AM Philippine College of Criminology vs. Centro Escolar University
1:00PM Metro Manila Colleges vs. San Beda College-Manila A

AnthonyServinio
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
University of the East d. Manuel L. Quezon University, 94-85
San Sebastian College-Manila d. Far Eastern University, 89-67
University of Santo Tomas d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 85-80

December 2 (Sunday) -- San Sebastian College-Manila Gym
San Sebastian College-Cavite d. Mapua Institute of Technology, 68-67
Centro Escolar University d. Philippine College of Criminology, 71-64
San Beda College-Manila A d. Metro Manila Colleges, 87-56

Note: Schedule subject to change. More games to follow.

red cub
12-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Greetings! I am very sorry if I wasn't able to update you guys on the opening of the 3rd (not 4th as I announced earlier...my informant kasi), I was so busy attending to the needs of the participating teams and the sudden cancellation of venue reservation at Arellano University last Friday and Sunday, due to a miscommunication between me and the gym in-charge.
Due to the Trillanes failed coup and the expected big rally at Mendiola bridge, we were forced to cancel the Friday games at La Consolacion College. As life at Mendiola normalized the following day, the opening was a green and go at the La Consolacion gymnasium.
Pre-tournament favorite University of the East showed why they deserve to be one of the tournament favorites as they humbled M.L.Q.U. 94-85. Val Hezy Acuna and Paul Christian Zamar, son of former National Coach David Zamar led the scoring for the Red Warriors with 15 and 14 respectively.
San Sebastian Stags showed that they would be no pushover in this tournament, as the scored a big upset win against Far Eastern University Tamaraws 89-67, on the torrid shooting of Stag Jim Viray finishing with 24 points, on five (5) triples.
University of Santo Tomas showed-up in the game in full strength, with Philippine-SEAG team member Jervy Cruz present, humbled the deadly La Consolacion Blue Royals 85-80, on Cruz' 24 points and Khasim Mirza's 22 points, 14 of which were made in the last quarter.
The next day at the San Sebastian College-Recto gym, "Sunday Shocker" came a bit too early that day, as the San Sebastian Baycats of Cavite upset the Mapua Cardinals 68-67, on the second half torrid shooting of Brayan Filio who finished with 17 points, 15 in the last two quarters. Surprising, NCAA MVP Kevin dela Pena was scoreless in the game.
League newcomer Centro Escolar University showed they also would be no pushovers, as they beat the Philippine College of Criminology (PCCr) 71-64.
San Beda Red Lions Team A of Coach Mike Advani having the services of his NCAA Twin Towers, NCAA Rookie-of-the Year, David Marcelo and Jay-R "Baby Shaq" Taganas in his team, showed no mercy in beating Metro Manila College 87-56. Erwin Castillo led the Red Lions with 25 points and Taganas with 19
On Saturday, the Emeka Udo-led San Beda Red Lions Team B tests its mettle against tournament favorite University of the East at 10am, while San Sebastian Stags and the University of Santo Tomas goes for win number 2, as they face Adamson Falcons and the STI Olympians at 11:30am and 1pm respectively. All games will be at the La Consolacion gymnasium at Mendiola.
On Sunday, at the Arellano University-Legarda gymnasium, opening day losers FEU Tamaraws and the La Consolacion Blue Royals meet at 9am, while the San Beda Red Lions Team B guns for their second win on the debuting Jose Rizal Heavy Bombers at 11:30am. While debuting UAAP Champion De La Salle University Green Archers faces the other opening day loser, MLQU at 1pm.
Games are every Saturday and Sunday, at the La Consolacion-Manila and Arellano University gymnasiums respectively until December 16. The league will go on a Christmas break starting the 17th and will resume again on January 12.

vannnesssa
12-07-2007, 01:02 AM
anybody who knows the line-up of feu and ue?

AnthonyServinio
12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
December 8 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
University of the East d. San Beda College-Manila B, 100-88
University of Santo Tomas d. STI College, 81-59
San Sebastian College-Manila d. Adamson University, 69-64

December 9 (Sunday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda)
Far Eastern University d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 91-88
De La Salle University-Manila d. Manuel L. Quezon University, 81-59
San Beda College-Manila A vs. Jose Rizal University, postponed to a later date

Note: Schedule subject to change.* More games to follow.

Tigercub
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
may sched na po ba for this coming weekend? thanks!

bigfreeze_bibby
12-11-2007, 01:16 PM
As per advice, the De La Salle Green Archers will face San Sebastian College - Cavite this Sunday, December 16 at 12 noon at the Arellano Legarda gym.

red cub
12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
As per advice, the De La Salle Green Archers will face San Sebastian College - Cavite this Sunday, December 16 at 12 noon at the Arellano Legarda gym.
just this morning I got a call from the team representative of De La Salle, Mr. Dave Dichupa, requesting that their game this Sunday be moved to another date, since Head Coach Franz Pumaren is sending team coach Jack Santiago to Cebu for the SBP National Youth try-outs. The request was approved after talking to Head Coach Egay Macaraya of San Sebastian Cavite Baycats, who did not decline the request.
* * *The Green Archers' next game is on January 12, 2008, 1:30pm, as they play PCCr, at the La Consolacion College gymnasium

red cub
12-12-2007, 07:45 AM
may sched na po ba for this coming weekend? thanks!

Here is the sked of the 3rd Fr. Martin Cup Collegiate Open for weekend December 15-16

Saturday,December 15,2007 at La Consolacion College
9:00 am* * -* * * * *Metro Manila College* * *v.* * *San Sebastian - Mla.
10:30 am* -* * * * *Mapua* * * * * * * * * * * * v.* * * U.E.
12:00 n* * -* * * * *La Consolacion College* *v.* * *San Beda Team A
1:30 pm* *-* * * * *Centro Escolar Univ.* * * v.* * * San Beda Team B

Sunday, December 16,2007* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * at Arellano University-Legarda
9:00 am* *-* * * * * M.L.Q.U.* * * * * * * * * * *v.* * * P.C.Cr.
10:30 am -* * * * * STI* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *v.* * * J.R.U.
1:30 pm* *-* * * * *Adamson University* * * * v.* * * F.E.U.

Fr. Martin Cup will take a Christmas break, then resume on Saturday, January 12,2008 at La Consolacion College gymnasium

bigfreeze_bibby
12-12-2007, 08:25 AM
just this morning I got a call from the team representative of De La Salle, Mr. Dave Dichupa, requesting that their game this Sunday be moved to another date, since Head Coach Franz Pumaren is sending team coach Jack Santiago to Cebu for the SBP National Youth try-outs. The request was approved after talking to Head Coach Egay Macaraya of San Sebastian Cavite Baycats, who did not decline the request.
The Green Archers' next game is on January 12, 2008, 1:30pm, as they play PCCr, at the La Consolacion College gymnasium

Thanks for the correction parekoy.

voltaire_mad
12-13-2007, 02:50 AM
Is the schedule FMC after the Christmas break available already? Can someone post the team standings as of the present? Thanks very much.

ankle breaker
12-13-2007, 05:13 AM
Notes:

1. No Ateneo, UP and NU. UP for obvious reasons.
2. DLSU and UE in the same group should be interesting.
3. From what I heard UST will also field a hybrid squad.

what do you mean about hybrid squad?

mighty_lion
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Combination of Team A and B I think.

amdgc82
12-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Martin Cup: UE, SSC win
People's Journal
December 17, 2007 Monday

University of the East downed Mapua, 73-67, and San Sebastian College walloped Metro Manila College, 73-56, over the weekend to post their third straight victory in the 3rd Fr. Martin Open Conference Cup at the La Consolacion Gym.
James Martinez and Val Acuna paced the Warriors with 10 points apiece while the prolific troika of Gilbert Bulawan, Jimbo Aquino and Jason Ballesteros fired 23, 22 and 16 points, respectively, for the Stags to stay on top.
Nigerian behemoth Emeka Udo unloaded 13 points including a monster dunk off an alley-oop pass from Carmelo Lim, son of coach Frankie Lim, as San Beda B smashed Centro Escolar U, 89-53.
In the only other game, La Consolacion College of Manila sent San Beda A to its first loss with a shock 100-94 triumph.

LION
12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
^ Because of SBC's big lead at the end of the first half, Kevin Emeka was no longer fielded in the the 2nd half. That accounts for the measly 13 points of Kevin.

That dunk by Kevin would definitely (in my biased opinion ;D) qualify for the NBA's top ten plays.

oca
12-17-2007, 04:58 PM
^ Because of SBC's big lead at the end of the first half,* Kevin Emeka was no longer fielded in the the 2nd half. That accounts for the measly 13 points of Kevin.

That dunk by Kevin would definitely (in my biased opinion* ;D) qualify for the NBA's top ten plays.* *

...and Mukesh Advani sez hindi pa pwede paglaluruin sa NC'.

Sinungaling talaga! ;D ;D ;D

AnthonyServinio
12-17-2007, 10:07 PM
December 15 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
San Sebastian College-Manila d. Metro Manila Colleges, 73-56
University of the East d. Mapua Institute of Technology, 73-67
La Consolacion College-Manila d. San Beda College-Manila A, 100-94
San Beda College-Manila B d. Centro Escolar University, 89-53

December 16 (Sunday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda)
Manuel L. Quezon University d. Philippine College of Criminology, 72-69
Jose Rizal University d. STI College, 66-63
Far Eastern University d. Adamson University, 57-46
De La Salle University-Manila vs. San Sebastian College-Cavite, postponed to January 23

sephyu
12-19-2007, 04:58 AM
It seem La Consolation is a strong team. What other leagues does it play in? What is it's mother league? Maybe they should join the NCAA.

Schortsanitis
12-19-2007, 09:51 AM
* I agree. With rumors of PCU finally leaving the NCAA next season, I wonder if La Consolacion College has plans & the resources to join the NCAA.

* STI College lost by only 3 pts. to JRU. They're definitely stamping their class as one of the stronger teams outside of the NCAA/UAAP this season.

* Too bad that DLSU-SSC Cavite game had to be postponed, I wanted to see how SSC Cavite, another team outside the NCAA / UAAP out looking for respectability in the collegiate basketball scene.

LION
12-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Elibibility rules are more relaxed and less stringent in the mother leagues of STI and La Co, I believe. That is why you have guys like Balneg and graduate players of MIT finding themselves qualified to play right away to play for STI.

The La Co team is impressive against UAAP and NCAA teams during off-season. But that's about it for La Co. UAAP and NCAA teams treat these off-season games as practices, experimenting with their hybrid teams, rotation, combination and plays. The moment La Co and STI are exposed to the big games and the big crowd, I doubt if they can play up to par with the schools in the big leagues.

Schortsanitis
12-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, some of these teams can't even give any of the NCAA or UAAP teams a good fight even in these off-season tournaments. In the case of STI or La Consolacion, I guess you could saythey are the ones who have shown the most promise among the none NCAA or UAAP teams out there, & that is a good start for them. The crowds, the team A caliber players, those are the things they will need time to adjust to once they are in the big leagues.

As for the eligibility, well, I guess that is the more serious issue. You have guys in their late 20s, already playing college basketball for more than 5 years, so that makes them grizzled veterans who would've otherwise not been eligible anymore to play for the NCAA or UAAP teams.

However, I think in Balneg's case, he transferred to STI due to academic issues, so he may not necessarily be an "oldie".

Still, its nice to root for the underdogs, to see NCAA or UAAP beaten by less heralded teams, even in these off-season tournaments.

bchoter
12-19-2007, 11:39 AM
OT: Pasintabi to ex Tiger cub and now La Consolacion coach Bong Dela Cruz but I don't think they can cut it in the bigger leagues at this point. Their basketball program seem smaller than their NCAA counterparts. They may look good in the offseason but I doubt if they can replicate their performance during the NC season when teams bring their A-game.

mighty_lion
12-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Credit LaCo's play to the thier system and coaching staff. IMHO kung ako tatanungin they can run a win on NCAA teams specially pagmahina ang backcourt kahit Team A pa yan. Note that this team also defeated a much taller and heftier Letran Team last on previously concluded FMC tournament. How good they are? Naging half-court ang laban 75% of the regulation.

Ganun talaga pag underdog. Mas ginaganahan, mas may kumpyansa, afterall there is nothing to lose. Im not sure about thier players if they follow the same qualifications similar to that of the NCAA but it seems to me mga bata pa naman.

AnthonyServinio
12-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Is the schedule FMC after the Christmas break available already?* Can someone post the team standings as of the present?* Thanks very much.

GROUP A
San Sebastian College-Manila 3-0
University of Santo Tomas 2-0
Jose Rizal University 1-0
Far Eastern University 2-1
San Beda College-Manila A 1-1
La Consolacion College-Manila 1-2
Adamson University 0-2
STI College 0-2
Metro Manila Colleges 0-2

GROUP B
University of the East 3-0
De La Salle University-Manila 1-0
San Sebastian College-Cavite 1-0
San Beda College-Manila B 1-1
Centro Escolar University 1-1
Manuel L. Quezon University 1-2
Mapua Institute of Technology 0-2
Philippine College of Criminolgy 0-2
Colegio San Juan de Letran 0-0

Note: Games through December 16, 2007.

Nike Air
12-25-2007, 07:46 PM
* Too bad that DLSU-SSC Cavite game had to be postponed, I wanted to see how SSC Cavite, another team outside the NCAA / UAAP out looking for respectability in the collegiate basketball scene.

In the Father Martin's tournament back in 2006, SSC-Cavite, led by Mark Yee defeated a complete Green Archer line up. I am not sure if Magdadaro also played in that game. Yee burned the Archers via their 1-4 high play, wherein Yee almost single-handedly carried the fight for the Baycats. He was the one playing the isolation at the top of the key and no one from the Archer line up could stop him.

NYHC
12-27-2007, 09:07 AM
i hope may mag lagay ng sched! para some of us or ung mga walang ginagawa ehh makapanood or support our school.. thanks!! sched po pls!!!

Schortsanitis
12-27-2007, 10:00 AM
In the Father Martin's tournament back in 2006, SSC-Cavite, led by Mark Yee defeated a complete Green Archer line up.* I am not sure if Magdadaro also played in that game.* Yee burned the Archers via their 1-4 high play, wherein Yee almost single-handedly carried the fight for the Baycats.* He was the one playing the isolation at the top of the key and no one from the Archer line up could stop him.

Well, good for SSC-Cavite, then.

But the key, is for SSC-Cavite to keep beating UAAP-NCAA teams out there are much as possible. This means CONSISTENCY. If they do that, then expect their reputation to continue to rise. 'Para di masabing tsamba.'

Am saying this in light of UST's win over STI. STI beat them in the CCL, & now UST came back & beat STI badly in the FMC.

pokpok
01-12-2008, 01:54 AM
hi guys kamusta na ano na ba balita sa liga

AnthonyServinio
01-14-2008, 01:59 AM
January 12 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
University of the East d. Centro Escolar University, 91-55
Adamson University d. STI College, 63-57
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. San Sebastian College-Cavite, 58-49
De La Salle University-Manila d. Philippine College of Criminology, 73-56
Far Eastern University d. Metro Manila Colleges, 91-47

January 13 (Sunday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda)
Mapua Institute of Technology d. San Beda College-Manila A, 85-78 (OT)
San Sebastian College-Manila d. Jose Rizal University, 75-64
University of Santo Tomas d. San Beda College-Manila B, 87-81
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. Manuel L. Quezon University, 68-45

pokpok
01-14-2008, 07:28 AM
thanks for the update... so far so good... goodluck UE!!!

stonecold316
01-15-2008, 04:21 AM
Hello there. I just want to ask the people here kung pwede i-post nyo naman ang updated standings sa Fr. Martin Cup. Isama na rin sana ang schedule ng games. Thanks!

stonecold316

mighty_lion
01-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Jan 19 La Consolacion Gym:
9:00 AM LCCM vs. JRU
10:30 AM CSJL vs. UE
12:00 NN FEU vs. SBC-A
1:30 PM CEU vs. MLQU
3:00 PM SSC-R Manila vs. STI

Jan 20 Arellano Gym:
9:00 AM UST vs. MMC
10:30 AM MIT vs. DLSU
12:00 NN PCCr vs. CSJL
1:30 PM SSC-R Cavite vs. SBC-B

Jan 23 San Beda Gym:
10:00 AM STI vs. MMC
11:30 AM DLSU vs. SSC-R Cavite
1:00 PM SBC-B vs. JRU

stonecold316
01-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Thanks sir for the updates, God Bless! Maganda ang laban sa Sat and Sun.

stonecold316

mighty_lion
01-19-2008, 03:10 PM
^ Ealier I was expecting another exhibition match-up between Singh and Pipo. Turns-out to be muntik ng free for all UFC and WWF between players and coaches ang nadatnan ko. Oh well, lesson of the day.. When you play physical be sure you have the mental toughness to accept it.* ::) ::) Basketball players are more than just athletes. I hope those schools should learn how to teach these STUDENT-athletes with good moral character. Very Dirty. Ang sakit sa mata tingnan.* Anyway hindi SBC vs FEU ang nagkagulo. Tingnan nyo na lang sa schedule at tiyak you would know kung sino. ::)

oca
01-19-2008, 05:25 PM
^
That can only be the match-up between the Barangay All-Stars of LaCo and the Whinning Musclemen of JRU. ::)

It must be fun watching them go at each other. ;D ;D ;D

mighty_lion
01-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Pahabol hirit narin. _________ for the second time around, nagtago ulit sa likod ng mga players at coaching staff. Kahit man lang tumulong umawat ba. ::) ::) Naalala ko tuloy ang famous quotable qoute ni Coach Frankie:
" :-X :-X ang mga* :-X :-X yan!!"

Anyway, back to the topic.

razor
01-19-2008, 08:16 PM
^ Sige na Mighty Lion, give us a blow by blow account. Tayo-tayo lang naman nandito ;D

mighty_lion
01-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Second half lang yung nadatnan ko. JRU was up by 20+ points all through out and playing thier signature physical game. JRU even used Sena and Hayes to dispose Laco dahil turnovers at travelling palagi yong mga bigmen nila. LaCo fans and supporters were "too hot" on Pradas et al. Players from both sides are also doing thier own extra curricular activities (ulakan, simpleng bayagan, etc.) basta hindi nakikita ni ref. It was last two minutes when a newly inserted LaCo player engaged his JRU defender for fight. Pikon vs Pikunin. That incident nearly triggered a melee for players and coaches as both sides are already on attack mode. While the heat is on in the middle of the court, the person I mentioned in blank above silently placed himself in safety at the back. :P

KingRedLion
01-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Second half lang yung nadatnan ko. JRU was up by 20+ points all through out and playing thier signature physical game. JRU even used Sena and Hayes to dispose Laco dahil turnovers at travelling palagi yong mga bigmen nila. LaCo fans and supporters were "too hot" on Pradas et al. Players from both sides are also doing thier own extra curricular activities (ulakan, simpleng bayagan, etc.) basta hindi nakikita ni ref. It was last two minutes when a newly inserted LaCo player engaged his JRU defender for fight. Pikon vs Pikunin. That incident nearly triggered a melee for players and coaches as both sides are already on attack mode. While the heat is on in the middle of the court, the person I mentioned in blank above silently placed himself in safety at the back. :P

Baka naman he was just "Guarding his Van" ;)

pokpok
01-20-2008, 01:06 AM
nanalo ba ang UE?? guys may score update ba??

bchoter
01-20-2008, 08:15 AM
It's just a matter of time 'til something like that happens. It's one thing to play tough and it's another thing to play dirty. These two teams have no qualms crossing the line. It's not surprising for them to engage in a melee. Wait until one of them go up against STI, another team with the same style of play.

Schortsanitis
01-20-2008, 09:14 AM
While the heat is on in the middle of the court, the person I mentioned in blank above silently placed himself in safety at the back. :P

'Yan ba yung magaling daw sa MMA?'

:D :D :D

hisbenz
01-20-2008, 10:28 AM
UST def. MMC

93-72

Viva ust

chemENGsTUdJ
01-20-2008, 10:49 AM
DLSU vs. MIT na,, guys please have some update..

Rafiboy_05
01-20-2008, 12:44 PM
nanalo ba ang UE?? guys may score update ba??

panalo daw UE sa Letran kahapon. yun ang sabi dun sa Letran kahapon nung nakibalita kami, nakalimutan ko lang yung score.

AnthonyServinio
01-21-2008, 01:36 AM
January 19 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
University of the East d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 68-59
Jose Rizal University d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 68-59
Far Eastern University d. San Beda College-Manila A, 82-48
Manuel L. Quezon University d. Centro Escolar University, 90-75
San Sebastian College-Manila d. STI College, 81-41

January 20 (Sunday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda)
University of Santo Tomas d. Metro Manila Colleges, 93-72
Mapua Institute of Technology d. De La Salle University-Manila, 73-66
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. Philippine College of Criminology, 82-49
San Beda College-Manila B d. San Sebastian College-Cavite, 85-82 (OT)

AnthonyServinio
01-21-2008, 02:50 AM
WITH 36 of 72 games played or one-half of the elimination round schedule, here are the latest team standings:

GROUP A
San Sebastian College-Manila 5-0
University of Santo Tomas 4-0
Far Eastern University 4-1
Jose Rizal University 2-1
Adamson University 1-2
La Consolacion College-Manila 1-3
San Beda College-Manila A 1-3
STI College 0-4
Metro Manila Colleges 0-4

GROUP B
University of the East 5-0
Colegio San Juan de Letran 3-1
De La Salle University-Manila 2-1
Mapua Institute of Technology 2-2
San Beda College-Manila B 2-2
Manuel L. Quezon University 2-3
San Sebastian College-Cavite 1-2
Centro Escolar University 1-3
Philippine College of Criminolgy 0-4

Note: Games through January 20, 2008.

Schortsanitis
01-21-2008, 08:18 AM
January 20 (Sunday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda)
Mapua Institute of Technology d. De La Salle University-Manila, 73-66

Wow, MIT beats DLSU. Did both teams field complete lineups?

nightowl
01-21-2008, 08:43 AM
MIT did not have de la Pena but I heard new recruit (from PCU and DLSU) Alan Mangahas, younger brother of James of DLSU, was the top scorer of MIT.

DLSU did not have Maierhofer, Casio, Walsham, Kish Co. Tang, Cholo and Ilad also no longer playing.

yellow_we
01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
wow! way to go Tigers! COngrats! :D 4 wins in a row. When will be the next game? I want to watch them live soon..

Nike Air
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Mapua played their almost NCAA season 83 lineup sans Dela Pena and Co (please correct me if I am wrong). Allan Mangahas played well yesterday even played better than Jonathan Banal in my own point of view. This could be a good backcourt combo for the Cardinals in season 84 wherein Banal plays the point while Mangahas can play both PG and SG positions. Guillermo should do well in practice or else, his starting spot might be taken away in season 84.

mighty_lion
01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
The Cardinals are doing well in FMC. While the La Salle game might not be a good barometer for it with a depleted line-up nevertheless its safe to say MIT's team play and chemistry are doing wonders for them. Same goes with the Stags. Ganda nung nilalaro lately. Watch-out for these two teams next NCAA Season.

stonecold316
01-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Congratulations to th UST Growling Tigers for beating MMC. Ganda ng nilaro ng mga bagong players ng USTe, hope magtuloy-tuloy na ito.

4-0 is a good record pero mahaba pa ang laban.
:)

chemENGsTUdJ
01-21-2008, 08:14 PM
it was very surprising that the cardinals won against DLSU. A good sign to them that they are improving, I also heard allan mangahas had the best performance. Congrats to him. As Mapuans says, Viva Mapua!!

Sam Miguel
01-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Any one with schedules for this weekend?

silent_killer
01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
mapua is really an improved team so this coming season of NCAA they will be very competitive, watch out for this team!! ;D "Viva Mapua!"

pokpok
01-23-2008, 02:54 AM
so far so good... go UE!!! still final 4 contender...

danny
01-23-2008, 07:40 AM
MIT did not have de la Pena but I heard new recruit (from PCU and DLSU) Alan Mangahas, younger brother of James of DLSU, was the top scorer of MIT.

DLSU did not have Maierhofer, Casio, Walsham, Kish Co. t@ng, Cholo and Ilad also no longer playing.

Bottomline. Temper the expectations. This tournament, is not as competitive as it seems. ;)

AnthonyServinio
01-24-2008, 12:08 AM
January 23 (Wednesday) -- St. Placid Sports Complex, San Beda College
STI College d. Metro Manila Colleges, 76-58
De La Salle University-Manila d. San Sebastian College-Cavite, 68-65
Jose Rizal University d. San Beda College-Manila A, 88-85 (OT)

stonecold316
01-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Sir Anthony, may schedule na ba tayo ng games for Saturday and Sunday? Pakipost na lang kung mayron ha? Thanks for the latest result. God Bless.

stonecold316

stonecold316
01-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Schedule of weekend games sa Fr. Martin Cup

Games on Saturday
(San Beda Gym)
9 a.m. - UE vs PCCR
10:30 a.m. - Letran vs CEU
3 p.m. - San Beda A vs DLSU Taft

Games on Sunday
(San Sebastian Gym)

9 a.m. - Mapua vs Letran
10:30 a.m. – MLQU vs SSC Cavite
12 noon - UST vs San Sebastian College (SSC-Recoletos)

stonecold316 :)

bigfreeze_bibby
01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
I think La Salle will face San Beda-B but I have to check the time because the last info that I have, it says 5pm.

nash_bedista
01-25-2008, 11:50 PM
sir my confusion lang po. Kasi Frolics po ngayon.

Base on Sched ng Game tomorrow

3pm. Adamson vs San Beda

4:30 Dlsu Vs San Beda A

stonecold316
01-27-2008, 01:18 AM
Baka nagkaroon ng changes last minute. the sched of games came from the organizer itself. thanks. :)

bchoter
01-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Hmm, kung Frolics nga ngayon malabong may laro sa San Beda. stonecold sino source mo sa sked? May balak din manood ang pamangkin ko today. Baka walang abutan na laro.

mighty_lion
01-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Any news on the winner between SSCR-UST game? Gusto ko sanang panourin to ngayon but I need to attend some urgent matter. :(

chemENGsTUdJ
01-27-2008, 07:28 PM
aNY uPdates on today's games??

stonecold316
01-28-2008, 02:50 AM
Sorry for the late reply guys cause I had to go pa sa Ateneo gym for the UST vs FEU game in women's volleyball.

SSC-Recoletos pulverized UST, 99-72. SSC was on fire from opening tip until the final second of the fourth period. UST was no match for Baste's outstanding offensive machinery. Lahat ng tira from inside and outside halos pasok lahat. Maganda rin ang fastbreak attack ng Baste.

Hanga talaga ako Kay Viray, ibang klase!

In fairness sa USTe, Coach Pido didn't really used his starting five that long. Medyo gumagamit siya ng mga combination of players sa duration ng game whereas sa Baste, makikita mo na seryoso talaga si head coach George Gallent na talunin ang USTe.

Anyway, congrats sa Baste at 6-0 na sila. Ang Uste naman, 4-1.

stonecold316

gfy
01-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Baste played without Bulawan, Najorda and a few others (they were in Cebu daw). I think UST is very vulnerable to fastbreak attacks because their team is tall and slow.

mighty_lion
01-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Like what I said in another thread, gumanda na din talaga laro ng Baste since last NCAA season. Gallent did a wonderful job reviving the Baste team.

AnthonyServinio
01-28-2008, 09:53 AM
January 26 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
University of the East d. Philippine College of Criminology, 81-64
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. Centro Escolar University, 107-65

January 26 (Saturday) -- St. Placid Sports Complex, San Beda College
Adamson University d. San Beda College-Manila A, 76-69
San Beda College-Manila B d. De La Salle University-Manila, 59-49

January 27 (Sunday) -- San Sebastian College-Manila Gym
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. Mapua Institute of Technology, 67-63
San Sebastian College-Cavite d. Manuel L. Quezon University, 69-60
San Sebastian College-Manila d. University of Santo Tomas, 99-72

yellow_we
01-28-2008, 10:00 AM
oh men.. UST just had a bad day yesterday. The tigers tasted their first loss against Baste in this tournament and ironically, on the same day, our Tigresses was defeated again by the Lady Tamarraws in the ongoing UAAP Volleyball Tourney. Tough day for UST. :-\

stonecold316
01-28-2008, 11:58 AM
oh men.. UST just had a bad day yesterday. The tigers tasted their first loss against Baste in this tournament and ironically, on the same day, our Tigresses was defeated again by the Lady Tamarraws in the ongoing UAAP Volleyball Tourney. Tough day for UST.* :-\

Hindi lang yan, talo pa tayo kahapon sa baseball. Malas at St. Thomas Aquinas Day pa naman ngayon. Anyway, Baste was excellent in fastbreak attacks. But i beg to disagree on the notion that UST was slow in defending the fastbreak attack by Baste because of having tall but slow players.

Hindi lang talaga maganda ang laro ng mga players ni Pido. Aside from that, iba talaga kapag nasa homecourt ka as this kind of gave the players San Sebastian some kind of extra motivation. Kitang-kita mo sa mata ng players ng Baste na gusto nila talunin ang USTe whereas for USTe, they kind of coasted along, content of making one-on-one plays and not playing Tigers basketball.

Isa pa, Coach Pido used the game as an experiment to test combination of players which he might field during the UAAP season. May times na nasa loob ang starting five niya but after a few minutes, ipapasok niya ang kanyang mga key recruits in efforts of giving them time to sharpen their teeth and claws.

I'm sure babawi ang USTe next game. Lagi namang ganun eh.

bchoter
01-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Bulawan wasn't even there? The Stags must be good because their inside defense is hinged on Bulawan, who could have given UST more headaches. I tend to agree with the weak transition defense of UST. That's what killed them for most parts this UAAP season. We all know that Japs loves to drive and dish. Once the defense gets the ball UST is usually outnumbered on the break. In the time of Jojo and Allan, UST played a lot of half court sets that emanate form both players which allows the the PG and the other wingman to get back on defense.

This has to be addressed. At least there's still a long way before the next season.

silent_killer
01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
bakit wala ba si jervy cruz sa line-up ng UST??, at talo na naman ang DLSU, wla ba si rico at jv???

paki post yung sked at standings!!!

cub
01-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Rico and JVee is not playing for the Archers.. Atkins, Malabes, Mangahas, Barua, Ferdinand, Bagatsing, Rodriguez, Ng and i think that is Liwag are the players of La Salle.. (there are 3 more, i don't know their names)

bchoter
01-28-2008, 10:54 PM
silent killer easy on the ?s and the !s. Baka akala ng mga tao dito na galit ka at napaka demanding o kaya baka sabihing you are killing us loudly :D

Sa tanong mo, according to people who saw the game, naglaro daw si Jervy. Kaya din ako nagtaka na "pinulbos" ng Baste and USTE samantalang anon na nga si Jervy absent pa si Bulawan, na dapat na panapat kay Jervy. His absence couuld have cancelled out (in a reverse way) yung observation ni stonecold na madaming experiments in combination si coach Pido. Kung totoo nga na coach Pido used this game to try out new plays and gauge the newbies abilities sangayon ako don. Initially kasi UST was hell bent in winning all the off season they play in. Which is ok from a hardcore's perspective. But that may sacrifice the benefits of the offseason. Yes, we can aspire to win these tourneys but let's keep it real. The offseason are the best way to experiment on plays, gauge the aspirants, and develop synergy in a actual competition.

mokongduke
01-29-2008, 12:44 AM
mga bosing wala bang makakapag post ng line ups? tnx

mighty_lion
01-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Here is my bet for the FMC Open semis and finals:

SSCR vs SBC-B/MIT
UST/FEU vs UE

Then UE will win it all. ;D

chemENGsTUdJ
02-02-2008, 09:45 PM
meron bang may alam sa inyo sked for this tomorrow/??

pokpok
02-03-2008, 04:10 AM
hi guys... how true na tinalo ng UE ang DLSU ng 20 big points??? paki confirm naman.. di daw naglaro sila Casio at Arellano...

sweet_girl
02-03-2008, 11:02 AM
alam ko lang sched today is ung sa UST vs. Adamson at 1:30 pm.... I'll be there to see this game. :)

mighty_lion
02-03-2008, 12:48 PM
hi guys... how true na tinalo ng UE ang DLSU ng 20 big points??? paki confirm naman.. di daw naglaro sila Casio at Arellano...

Yes its true.

yellow_we
02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
oh men.. UST just had a bad day yesterday. The tigers tasted their first loss against Baste in this tournament and ironically, on the same day, our Tigresses was defeated again by the Lady Tamarraws in the ongoing UAAP Volleyball Tourney. Tough day for UST. :-\

Hindi lang yan, talo pa tayo kahapon sa baseball. Malas at St. Thomas Aquinas Day pa naman ngayon. Anyway, Baste was excellent in fastbreak attacks. But i beg to disagree on the notion that UST was slow in defending the fastbreak attack by Baste because of having tall but slow players.

Hindi lang talaga maganda ang laro ng mga players ni Pido. Aside from that, iba talaga kapag nasa homecourt ka as this kind of gave the players San Sebastian some kind of extra motivation. Kitang-kita mo sa mata ng players ng Baste na gusto nila talunin ang USTe whereas for USTe, they kind of coasted along, content of making one-on-one plays and not playing Tigers basketball.

Isa pa, Coach Pido used the game as an experiment to test combination of players which he might field during the UAAP season. May times na nasa loob ang starting five niya but after a few minutes, ipapasok niya ang kanyang mga key recruits in efforts of giving them time to sharpen their teeth and claws.

I'm sure babawi ang USTe next game. Lagi namang ganun eh.

ay honga noh?! didn't notice that! palibhasa i'm not a student anymore LOL! haha.. I heard there's UST game today? any updates guys? I hope the tigers gets the win this time after the tough loss last week! ugh!

yellow_we
02-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Bulawan wasn't even there? The Stags must be good because their inside defense is hinged on Bulawan, who could have given UST more headaches. I tend to agree with the weak transition defense of UST. That's what killed them for most parts this UAAP season. We all know that Japs loves to drive and dish. Once the defense gets the ball UST is usually outnumbered on the break. In the time of Jojo and Allan, UST played a lot of half court sets that emanate form both players which allows the the PG and the other wingman to get back on defense.

This has to be addressed. At least there's still a long way before the next season.

hey sir! I'm not sure if this question is too early to ask but I would like still to try though.. what do you think about Tigers' chances in the next UAAP season?? I guess I'm trying to know how strong we are or prepared we are for the next season? Let's say in scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, how would you rate coach Pido's team right now?? Looking forward for your response very soon sir! thanks in advance! ;)

silent_killer
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
paki-post naman yung sked pati yung complete result ng mga past games dito lang kasi may update eh!!

gfy
02-04-2008, 07:35 AM
UST won over Adamson by 6 or 8 points (not sure) in the FMC. UST showed its pressing defense which resulted in a lot of turnovers for the raw Adamson squad (some veterans of ADU play only in HAIL - Canuday, Pacheco, de la Paz). Looks like UST will play 4 big and one small which has pluses as well as minuses.

tax_e_vasion
02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
No Ateneo?

WHHHYYY????

gameface_one
02-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Stags, Warriors move to semis

The Philippine Star

San Sebastian thumped La Consolacion, 80-58, and University of the East smashed reigning UAAP champion De La Salle, 76-62, to clinch the first two semifinal berths in the third Fr. Martin Cup at the La Consolacion Gym.

The Stags thus remained unbeaten in Group A with seven wins while the Warriors kept their immaculate slate also at seven triumphs in Group B of this tournament backed by Molten Balls.

San Sebastian will take on the second best team in Group B while UE tackles the No. 2 squad in Group A in a pair of knockout semis games on Feb. 24.

The race is still wide open for the last two semis slots.

In other results, Mapua trounced Centro Escolar U, 95-75, and back-to-back NCAA titlist San Beda A walloped reigning NAASCU titleholder STI, 86-73.

stonecold316
02-05-2008, 03:21 AM
UST won over Adamson last Sunday, 69-64. Andun si Coach Pido at talagang all-out ang pagco-coach niya.
5-1 na ang UST sa Fr. Martin Cup with FEU and JRU their remaining opponents.

IN a scale of 1-10, I think UST right now is at 7-8 in terms of how well they are playing as a team. Madami silang bagong players na pwede ng ipasok sa starting five. Heard may mga papasok pa na mga bagong recruits pero hanggang dun lang muna. ;D ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

AnthonyServinio
02-05-2008, 12:11 PM
February 2 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
Mapua Institute of Technology d. Centro Escolar University, 95-75
University of the East d. De La Salle University-Manila, 95-75
San Beda College-Manila A d. STI College, 86-73
San Sebastian College-Manila d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 80-58

February 3 (Sunday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda)
Philippine College of Criminology d. San Sebastian College-Cavite, 60-57
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. San Beda College-Manila B, 76-73
Jose Rizal University d. Metro Manila Colleges, 101-84
University of Santo Tomas d. Adamson University, 69-64

AnthonyServinio
02-05-2008, 12:16 PM
* * *WITH 54 of 72 games played or three-fourths (75%) of the elimination round schedule, here are the latest Third Father Martin Cup III team standings:

GROUP A
San Sebastian College-Manila 7-0*
University of Santo Tomas 5-1
Far Eastern University 4-1
Jose Rizal University 4-1
Adamson University 2-3
San Beda College-Manila A 2-5
La Consolacion College-Manila 1-4
STI College 1-5
Metro Manila Colleges 0-6

GROUP B
University of the East 7-0*
Colegio San Juan de Letran 6-1*
Mapua Institute of Technology 3-3
San Beda College-Manila B 3-3
De La Salle University-Manila 3-3
San Sebastian College-Cavite 2-4
Manuel L. Quezon University 2-4
Centro Escolar University 1-5
Philippine College of Criminology 1-5

*clinched Final Four slot.

* * THE SECOND semifinal slot in Group A is still to be determined between Santo Tomas (5-1), Far Eastern (4-1) and Jose Rizal (4-1). *These three teams will begin to face each other this coming two weekends.

Remaining games:

University of Santo Tomas (5-1) = Far Eastern University (4-1), Jose Rizal University (4-1)
Far Eastern University (4-1) = Jose Rizal University (4-1), University of Santo Tomas (5-1) and STI College (1-5)
Jose Rizal University (4-1) = Far Eastern University (4-1), University of Santo Tomas (5-1) and Adamson University (2-3)

* * All other games will be for final ranking purposes and for pride! *The Final Four is tentatively set for February 24 at a venue to be determined.

Note: Games through February 3, 2008.

stonecold316
02-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the information sir. Malaking tulong ito lalo na sa mga nagtatanong kung sino papasok sa Final Four!

Group A is very interesting at magkakalaban ang UST, FEU and JRU. Matira matibay dito.
;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

AnthonyServinio
02-07-2008, 12:36 AM
February 6 (Wednesday) -- St. Placid Sports Complex, San Beda College
Adamson University d. Metro Manila Colleges, 62-54
La Consolacion College-Manila d. STI College, 77-68
San Beda College-Manila B d. Philippine College of Criminology, 73-66
Far Eastern University d. Jose Rizal University, 71-68

stonecold316
02-07-2008, 07:05 PM
February 6 (Wednesday) -- St. Placid Sports Complex, San Beda College
Adamson University d. Metro Manila Colleges, 62-54
La Consolacion College-Manila d. STI College, 77-68
San Beda College-Manila B d. Philippine College of Criminology, 73-66
Far Eastern University d. Jose Rizal University, 71-68

Naglaban na pala ang La Consolacion at STI College, buti hindi nag-rumble ang dalawang koponan na ito knowing how physical these two team's play. ;D ;D ;D

FEU also won. Mukhang UST at FEU na ang maglalaban for the Number 2 slot sa Group A ng Fr. Martin Cup. It will be interesting to see how these two teams will play especially with their new recruits in tow.

stonecold316

bchoter
02-09-2008, 12:33 PM

hey sir! I'm not sure if this question is too early to ask but I would like still to try though.. what do you think about Tigers' chances in the next UAAP season?? I guess I'm trying to know how strong we are or prepared we are for the next season? Let's say in scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, how would you rate coach Pido's team right now?? Looking forward for your response very soon sir! thanks in advance!* ;)
It may not be too early but it's off topic ;). Let's discuss this in the Jungle ;)

bchoter
02-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Will there be games this weekend?

gfy
02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
^UST vs. JRU Feb 10 Sunday 12 nn at Baste gym.

stonecold316
02-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Sunday, February 10
SSC Manila Gym

10:30 a.m. MIT vs MLQU
12:00 nn UST vs JRU
1:30 a.m. SBC A vs SSC Manila

:D :D :D

Gandang mga laban ito!

stonecold316

tawkytawny
02-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Who won in our game against JRU?

stonecold316
02-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Who won in our game against JRU?

UST won against JRU, 94-93, in a hotly-contested game. Ganda ng game, physical pero ok lang ang bungguan sa loob.
UST is now 6-1 sa elimination round. Next game will be against FEU Tamaraws. Sa Sunday rin ata ang game.

stonecold316 :D :D :D

gwaps
02-10-2008, 10:07 PM
^^Sa sobrang physical ng game, parang nagkapalit ang mukha si nocom at si jervy. :o*

Aside from jervy, I was awed with dylan's performance.* Inside-outside yung laro.* I think, next year will be his year. Idol! ;D

toti_mendiola
02-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Pambihira kala ko finesse na maglaro ang JRU, drama lang pala yun. Iyun sguro ang talagang gusto nilang reputasyon.

AnthonyServinio
02-11-2008, 12:34 AM
February 9 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
Adamson University d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 63-58
San Sebastian College-Cavite d. Centro Escolar University, 70-57
Far Eastern University d. STI College, 81-52
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. De La Salle University-Manila, 99-96 (2OT)

February 10 (Sunday) -- San Sebastian College-Manila Gym
Mapua Institute of Technology d. Manuel L. Quezon University, 78-68
University of Santo Tomas d. Jose Rizal University, 94-93
San Sebastian College-Manila d. San Beda College-Manila A, 94-88

stonecold316
02-11-2008, 03:45 AM
February 9 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
Adamson University d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 63-58
San Sebastian College-Cavite d. Centro Escolar University, 70-57
Far Eastern University d. STI College, 81-52
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. De La Salle University-Manila, 99-96 (2OT)

February 10 (Sunday) -- San Sebastian College-Manila Gym
Mapua Institute of Technology d. Manuel L. Quezon University, 78-68
University of Santo Tomas d. Jose Rizal University, 94-93
San Sebastian College-Manila d. San Beda College-Manila A, 94-88

Thanks for the update. Mukhang FEU at UST ang maghaharap for the final slot sa Group A. Ayos ito!

stonecold316

yellow_we
02-11-2008, 09:51 AM
UST won over Adamson last Sunday, 69-64. Andun si Coach Pido at talagang all-out ang pagco-coach niya.

IN a scale of 1-10, I think UST right now is at 7-8 in terms of how well they are playing as a team. Madami silang bagong players na pwede ng ipasok sa starting five. Heard may mga papasok pa na mga bagong recruits pero hanggang dun lang muna. ;D ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

oh great! hey dude any idea who will fill the slots of Espiritu, Cortez, Dizon and Scott? So far those are the players I know we are to miss this coming UAAP season.. Wondering who will be added in the line up.. ???

yellow_we
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM

hey sir! I'm not sure if this question is too early to ask but I would like still to try though.. what do you think about Tigers' chances in the next UAAP season?? I guess I'm trying to know how strong we are or prepared we are for the next season? Let's say in scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, how would you rate coach Pido's team right now?? Looking forward for your response very soon sir! thanks in advance! ;)
It may not be too early but it's off topic ;). Let's discuss this in the Jungle ;)

oh.. sorry about that sir.. alright, I'll check this instead on that forum.. ;)

stonecold316
02-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I can't give you any details kung sino ang mga papasok na bagong players sa team kasi as of this time, it's still a dog fight kung sino ang may chance maline-up for season 71. Basta as far as I know, marami pa recruits ang coaching staff na ipapasok sa training pool na malaki rin ata ang chance maline-up. Sa Fr. Martip Cup, a total of 19 players are seeing action for the Tigers and most of the new recruits are talented and are ready to play sa next season.

Punta ka na lang sa Tigers Lair if you want to have a hint kung sino ang mga players na ito. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

stonecold316

oh great! hey dude any idea who will fill the slots of Espiritu, Cortez, Dizon and Scott? So far those are the players I know we are to miss this coming UAAP season.. Wondering who will be added in the line up.. ???

stonecold316
02-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Fr. Martin Cup
Feb 17, San Beda Gym
12 noon - UST vs FEU

di ko pa alam yung iban games. thanks.

AnthonyServinio
02-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Fr. Martin Cup
Feb 17, San Beda Gym
12 noon - UST vs FEU

February 17 (Sunday) -- Saint Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College
9:00AM Manuel L. Quezon University vs. San Beda College-Manila B
10:30AM Jose Rizal University vs. Adamson University
12:00PM University of Santo Tomas vs. Far Eastern University

**END OF ELIMINATION ROUND**

stonecold316
02-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the game sched sir. As usual, magaganda na naman ang mga laban this day! ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

Fr. Martin Cup
Feb 17, San Beda Gym
12 noon - UST vs FEU

yellow_we
02-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the game sched sir. As usual, magaganda na naman ang mga laban this day! ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

Fr. Martin Cup
Feb 17, San Beda Gym
12 noon - UST vs FEU

shoot! I wish I can watch the game later! anyway, are YJs also peresnt in the games?? just curious... should UST loss here, does it mean they are out for semis? forgive me for being ignorant with the scenarios.. I would appreciate if you can shed some light though. Thanks sir! ;)

AnthonyServinio
02-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Manuel L. Quezon University d. San Beda College-Manila B, 20-0
Adamson University d. Jose Rizal University, 70-66
University of Santo Tomas d. Far Eastern University, 73-69

FINAL FOUR: February 24 (Sunday) -- venue and time to be determined
University of the East vs. University of Santo Tomas
San Sebastian College-Manila vs. Colegio San Juan de Letran

**END OF FINAL FOUR ROUND**

AnthonyServinio
02-17-2008, 03:42 PM
* * *AFTER COMPLETING the 72-game elimination round schedule, here are the final Third Father Martin Cup III team standings:

GROUP A
San Sebastian College-Manila 8-0*
University of Santo Tomas 7-1*
Far Eastern University 6-2
Adamson University 5-3
Jose Rizal University 4-4
La Consolacion College-Manila 3-5
San Beda College-Manila A 2-6
STI College 1-7
Metro Manila Colleges 0-8

GROUP B
University of the East 8-0*
Colegio San Juan de Letran 7-1*
Mapua Institute of Technology 5-3
San Beda College-Manila B 4-4
De La Salle University-Manila 4-4
San Sebastian College-Cavite 3-5
Manuel L. Quezon University 3-5
Centro Escolar University 1-7
Philippine College of Criminology 1-7

*clinched Final Four slot.

Note: Games through February 17, 2008.

Rafiboy_05
02-17-2008, 06:18 PM

knock-out game yung semis?

mighty_lion
02-17-2008, 06:42 PM
^ Yes.

Schortsanitis
02-17-2008, 08:42 PM
** I was able to watch the last game of the eliminations of the FMC Open between FEU & UST, as I expected it to be a good game to watch, & I wasn't disappointed.* UST won, 73-69.

FEU

** First question about FEU, was where the heck was Pippo Noondou?* Is he still w/ FEU, w/ their Team B, perhaps?* The lineup that they had in this game was mostly their lineup last season, except for Paul Sanga, who wasn't w/ the team, & Robert Kave, the only rookie it seemed to who saw good playing time.

** FEU really doesn't seem to have much inside presence, & whatever problem FEU has in their frontline, am not sure if the 6'5" Robert Kave is the answer.* He is a deadshot from the perimeter, though.* Took around 3-4 perimeter shots, didn't miss any of them.* Ironically, closer to the basket though, he missed a couple of shots.* Rebounding-wise, he's not really that great also.

** However, FEU was able to make the game close, thru their good outside shooting, tight interior defense, & some good passing plays.* Mark Barroca, Benedict Fernandez & Robert Kave took turns carrying the offensive load for this team.

UST

** Unlike FEU, the UST players only had their jersey numbers on their uniforms, so I wasn't able to spot if any of the new players played.* It seemed, though, that UST had their full 2007 lineup for this game, & the usual suspects carried the load for the team;* Jervy Cruz underneath the boards, Dylan Ababou hitting some difficult layups, Khasim Mirza & Francis Allera also hitting some shots.

** I felt that UST had the better players on an individual basis, but their biggest problem was that against FEU's tight interior defense, they missed a lot of open, outside shots, especially in the 1st half, which was why they were not able to pull away despite their advantage.* They were moving the ball well, the players were getting good looks for those outside jumpers, but they were just not sinking in.*

** They were able to push the ball very quickly for some fastbreak points, though, & some of their outside shots went in in the 2nd half.* Coupled w/ their superior inside presence, they were able to win the game.* But that outside shooting weakness is something I think they will need to work on next season.

** Jervy Cruz really puzzles me.* If you look at their lineup, there are quite a number of players there who are visibly taller than he is, like Chester Taylor, Mirza & even Allera.* However, he still was the team's best inside operator, w/ good quickness, great reflexes & great coordination.* He is also barrel chested, he looks similar to JR Quinahan in terms of build.* Not sure how far he will go in the PBA w/ that lack of height & leaping ability, but then again, if the 6'2" Enrico Villanueva can make it, then I guess maybe Jervy could make it, too.* As of now, though, I think he will make a decent role player in the PBA, despite the numbers he's putting up now in the UAAP.*

** Pido really likes to shout at his players.* At times he seemed like he constantly had a megaphone w/ him

mighty_lion
02-17-2008, 09:00 PM
** First question about FEU, was where the heck was Pippo Noondou?* Is he still w/ FEU, w/ their Team B, perhaps?* The lineup that they had in this game was mostly their lineup last season, except for Paul Sanga, who wasn't w/ the team, & Robert Kave, the only rookie it seemed to who saw good playing time.

Wala yata si Pipo sa line-up ng FEU FMC Open. Pero sa mga laro ng FEU na nadadatnan ko madalas andyan si Pipo sa bench ng audience naka-casual wear lang.

eightyfiver
02-17-2008, 09:03 PM
are YJs also peresnt in the games?? just curious... should UST loss here, does it mean they are out for semis? forgive me for being ignorant with the scenarios.. I would appreciate if you can shed some light though. Thanks sir!* ;)

Walang YJ. Feeling YJ, meron...ang Tiger Pack, Hehehe! ;D This is a sort of an "up close and personal" kind of league. Iilan lang ang nanonood.
Pretty exciting game earlier between UST and FEU earlier. With both teams evenly matched and with contrasting styles. In the end, UST escaped with a 4 point win.

The semis games are scheduled next Sunday @ SBC, gametime is 9:00 am. Pero gaya ng sabi ni Señor Anthony, schedules are subject to change. :)

stonecold316
02-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Hehe! Hindi naman feeling YJs ang TIGERPACK. At least kung walang YJs, we are there to provide cheering support sa team. Pansin mo ba? When we started shouting Oh, Defensa!, nabuhay bigla ang Tigers sa defense that's why they were able to lead by as much as 10 points ata. Yan ang malaking papel ng mga supporters sa team. Nakakadagdag ng motivation sa mga players at coaches. Isa pa, proud kaming mga Tomasino eh! That's why win or lose, UAAP or off-season games, andiyan kami to support our beloved UST TIGERS!

Anyway, UST won over FEU, 73-69 in a highly-physical match-up. Maganda ang laro with the Tigers mostly controlling the ball game. Among the Tigers who contributed to the cause include MVP Jervy Cruz, Dylan Ababou, Francis Allera and Mark Canlas. Point-guards Japs Cuan and Milan Vargas were also great in handling the ball despite pressure from the guards of FEU.

Next in line for UST will be the undefeated UE Red Warriors. Bale Final Four na ang match-up. Sa Sunday ata ang game pero wala pang oras at venue.

stonecold316

;D ;D ;D

pokpok
02-18-2008, 01:20 AM
WOW very nice game this sunday.. between my BELOVED UE WARRIORS and the strong UST TIGERS!!!
may the best team win!!!

I see this two teams in season 71 FINALS!!!!

GO UE!!!!!

Schortsanitis
02-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Wala yata si Pipo sa line-up ng FEU FMC Open. Pero sa mga laro ng FEU na nadadatnan ko madalas andyan si Pipo sa bench ng audience naka-casual wear lang.

Ata akong napansin na ibang maitim dun sa bench nila this time, aside from Kave, so mukhang ala siya dun kahapon.

LION
02-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Maybe because Pipo is not yet eligible to play next season. Maybe FEU is already using the FMC as training ground for its UAAP 2008 roster.

bchoter
02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
^ Short, there's a darker guy with earphones among the FEU crowd yesterday.

Jervy is a true back to the basket player who has learned to play facing the basekt. In his Team B stints he was purely a back to the basket player. But coach Cenen and Beaujing encouraged him to move out of the paint and develop a jumper and developed enough dribbling skills to allow him to dribble around his defender. That was really crucial in winning 69. With him (and Allan) pulling the defense out, Jojo and the other slashers had more room to... slash. In season 70, Ateneo was able to limit him by constatly sending Baclao to help out. Jervy might have overcome this if not for the impeccable timing of Baclao. That really confused Jervy and the Tigers were not able to recover from it. End of the season and a trip to Secaucus. Ay mali.

It was really easy to feel like a YJ yesterday because UST was leading most of the way. It was a good sized crowd considering it's not the UAAP and we're neither ADMU, DLSU, or SBC, who are known to bring the crowd in especially on weekends. Yun nga lang pag DLSU crowd they come in their sunday's best samantalang sa UST maraming naka shorts :D

OT: Pareng LION I was looking for you among the crowd but, I guess I arrived a little too late. Ang ganti ni Ninong is waiting for you ;)

gelaibabydoll
02-18-2008, 01:06 PM

was it San Beda who forfeited?

LION
02-18-2008, 01:35 PM

Jervy is a true back to the basket player who has learned to play facing the basekt. In his Team B stints he was purely a back to the basket player. But coach Cenen and Beaujing encouraged him to move out of the paint and develop a jumper and developed enough dribbling skills to allow him to dribble around his defender. That was really crucial in winning 69. With him (and Allan) pulling the defense out, Jojo and the other slashers had more room to... slash. In season 70, Ateneo was able to limit him by constatly sending Baclao to help out. Jervy might have overcome this if not for the impeccable timing of Baclao. That really confused Jervy and the Tigers were not able to recover from it. End of the season and a trip to Secaucus. Ay mali.

It was really easy to feel like a YJ yesterday because UST was leading most of the way. It was a good sized crowd considering it's not the UAAP and we're neither ADMU, DLSU, or SBC, who are known to bring the crowd in especially on weekends. Yun nga lang pag DLSU crowd they come in their sunday's best samantalang sa UST maraming naka shorts :D

OT: Pareng LION I was looking for you among the crowd but, I guess I arrived a little too late. Ang ganti ni Ninong is waiting for you ;)

Pasensiya na pare ko. Demanding yung alaga kong aso kaya hindi ako nakapanood. Will pm you next time.

Schortsanitis
02-18-2008, 03:33 PM

'Di ko na masyado napansin, maganda yung laro, e.'

'Maingay nga yung impromptu UST cheering squad kahapon, habang yung FEU, ala masyado followers sa stands.'

bchoter
02-18-2008, 03:42 PM
LION pare, maybe next time. I think UST's next game will be on Sunday same venue. I might hand over ninong to you if you're there.

Short did you sit accross the benches? There's this atenenan who's always present during the off season games. Were you with him?

Schortsanitis
02-19-2008, 08:48 AM
No, I came alone. As for my location, secret, he-he-he.

LION
02-19-2008, 08:57 AM
^^bchoter, seniors na namin yung mga palaging kasama ni atenista na binabanggit mo. Gamefacer din si atenista.

bchoter
02-19-2008, 09:42 AM
^ I see. I've seen him from way way back. Madalas yung mga tiga reserve nila ng seats dun din ako nakiki reserve as long as it's not a UST vs. ADMU game :D. Malamang di mo siya kasama kasi, like me, junior alumni pa rin tayo ;)

I also noticed 3 sets of video cams in the FEU game. Rabbi has one. I assume FEU has the second. Whose camera is the 3rd kaya?

Short ikaw yung nag checheer sa FEU side? hehehe

stonecold316
02-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Pukpukan ang game ng UST vs UE at San Sebastian vs Letran. Hopefully, UST vs Letran ang magharap sa Finals para parehong Dominican schools ang magharap sa championship!

stonecold316

pokpok
02-20-2008, 04:36 AM
it will be UE vs SAN SEBASTIAN... the battle of RECTO!!!!
GO UE!!! beat UST!!!

epnaguit
02-20-2008, 11:13 AM

hello! may i ask anyone if there's final venue and time na for the game above? can't seem to find in the thread. if there is na, sorry kung di ko nakita. salamat po.

King_stag
02-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Who is the starting PG for baste? is it raymundo or zulueta?

nassefadiong
02-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Tira UE! Fight for Victory!

stonecold316
02-21-2008, 12:42 AM
UE vs UST at 9 a.m. sa San Beda Gym.

UST will win the game against UE. I'm sure ibang-iba ang Tigers na kakalabanin ng UE this time around. ;D ;D ;D

It will be a UST vs Letran Finals. Labanan ng mga Dominicans ito!

One for USTe!

stonecold316

pokpok
02-21-2008, 11:49 PM
may the best team win... GO UE!!!!!! beay UST again...

stonecold316
02-22-2008, 10:42 AM
UST let's GO Fight.

Hopefully umpisa pa lang ng laro eh mag-init na kagad ang mga Tigers. Undefeated ang UE red Warriors sa group nila so mabigat na laban ito on Sunday.

stonecold316

LETRANISTA!
02-22-2008, 04:36 PM
mas maganda cguro kung mag kk harap ang UE VS CSJL sa FINALS kc both 2nd placer in UAAP at NCAA

stonecold316
02-22-2008, 06:35 PM
mas maganda cguro kung mag kk harap ang UE VS CSJL sa FINALS kc both 2nd placer in UAAP at NCAA

Bakit, ayaw mo ba maglaban ang parehong Dominican schools? hehehe. Let's see what will happen. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

codiak
02-22-2008, 07:27 PM
ako kahit ano basta UE nasa final masana ako... matalo manalo UE parin ako....
go UE

King_stag
02-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Bravo Baste!
Show 'em the might of the stags!

gameface_one
02-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Please be advised that the venue of the Final 4 crossover semis has been moved to Arellano University Legarda Gymnasium from san Beda. Time is still the same at 9 am.

Thanks.

stonecold316
02-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Please be advised that the venue of the Final 4 crossover semis has been moved to Arellano University Legarda Gymnasium from san Beda. Time is still the same at 9 am.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info sir. Mabuhay ka!

stonecold316

AnthonyServinio
02-23-2008, 01:40 AM
FINAL FOUR: February 24 (Sunday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda)
9:00AM University of the East vs. University of Santo Tomas
10:30AM San Sebastian College-Manila vs. Colegio San Juan de Letran

masterboy
02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Game na! Paki-update sa scores mamaya ha? and results din kung sino nananlo, goodluck sa lahat ng teams :)

codiak
02-24-2008, 11:50 AM
matalo manalo ue parin
go Red Warriors
gud luck sa lahat ng team...

mighty_lion
02-24-2008, 12:00 PM
UE won over UST.

sa_pula
02-24-2008, 12:11 PM
anong score sir?

mighty_lion
02-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Cant recall but 20+ points margin.

King_stag
02-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Cant recall but 20+ points margin.

97-74 Final Score

King_stag
02-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Baste will meet UE in the finals after Beating letran 76-66

Viray Led the stags in scoring. It was A close game in the 4th as letran narrowed baste's lead to 4, but viray provided the finishing touches. Gilbert Bulawan and Jason Ballesteros controlled the paint, Swatting Shots and Altering easy attempts.

codiak
02-24-2008, 01:10 PM
salamat sa update sir mighty_lion nice game. congrats ue and san sebastian
kelan ang final???

AnthonyServinio
02-24-2008, 03:22 PM
FINAL FOUR: February 24 (Sunday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda)
University of the East d. University of Santo Tomas, 97-74
San Sebastian College-Manila d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 76-66

THE FINALS: March 2 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College
9:30AM University of the East vs. San Sebastian College-Manila

Schortsanitis
02-24-2008, 04:29 PM
UST vs. UE

** UE won over UST by a whopping 23 pts., 97-74 to clinch a finals slot in the FMC Open Cup.* I was actually cheering for* UST, after all, they seem to have the most gorgeous fans around, he-he-he.* But w/ UST out of the finals, we probably won't get to see those ladies soon (sob).

** UE went into a full court press right from start, getting a 27-1 lead, & never looked back.* The best UST could do, was cut the lead down to 10 in the 3rd quarter.* But they ran out of steam, & the lead ballooned again to 20 plus points after that.

** Having a tall backcourt gives UST some advantage in some situations, but I also felt it made them vulnerable to a full court press because that tall backcourt might not have enough ballhandling ability to resist the pressure of a full court press, & that was true in this game.* UST's offense was in shambles because of that press, committing turnover after turnover, & they couldn't run their plays well.* Pido was forced to switch to a smaller backcourt to try to correct it.

** The biggest beef I have against Japs Cuan, is that he may be a decent ballhandler, but obviously not good enough to resist UE's full court press.* It was only after he was taken out & replaced by no. 8 that UST was able to restore some sanity on their offense.* No. 8 was obviously a much better ballhandler than Japs.*

** Hans Thiele played very well in the game, blocking shots & grabbing rebounds on defense.* On offense, he didn't show much of an inside game, but he has a good perimeter shoot, & can create shots facing the basket.* He also has good reflexes, scoring off those quick passes underneath the basket.* He looked shorter on TV, but in reality is probably a legitimate 6'5" Center.* W/ Marc Borboran out due to graduation, expect this guy to be UE's main big man, & to have a breakout season this year.* Kinda thin, though.

** Jervy Cruz got his tons of rebounds as usual, but was a non-factor on offense after being rattled by UE's pressing defense.* Missed a lot of shots underneath the basket, & just couldn't carry his team thru.* *

** Unless UST gets good reinforcements this season, and/or they find a way to solve UE's pressing defense, expect the next UAAP season to be a repeat of last season, w/ UE likely running roughshod over everybody, & hopefully winning the crown this time around.

** Another Pumaren w/ a great system in collegiate basketball:* A team that presses effectively, runs the break on offense extremely well.* They have good penetrators who are quick, w/ good crossover dribbles & good outside shots to break a halfcourt defense.* Not only does he have a good system, but more importantly, he seems to have the knack of teaching, or finding players who could play well within that system.* At times it almost looked like watching a Chinese or South Korean team out there.* I wonder what the Pumarens are feeding their children that they end up being good college coaches.

chez_moi
02-24-2008, 04:52 PM
GO UE!!! ;)

mighty_lion
02-24-2008, 06:12 PM
I was expecting Acuna to suit up big time for UE but the guy just ended up playing only for few minutes. Second quarter na yong nakita but the lead is already 20+. From what I heard UE did most of the damage in the first quarter.

Napanganga ako sa pinakitang laro ni Melo Afuang kanina. Grade A+. :)

Schortsanitis
02-24-2008, 09:25 PM
FMC Open Cup Semis, SSC-R vs. CSJL

* I left the game w/ SSC-R leading by 10 pts., w/ only a little more than a minute left in the game. The final score was 76-66.

* Those Stags really like to push the ball as fast as possible, as they kept doing it almost all throughout the game. I think the Stags simply ran Letran to the ground in this game. They just ran ... & ran ... & ran, & Letran just couldn't match SSC's persistence at running. The scores were close at the half, w/ SSC leading by only 3 pts., 37-34. However, the Stags broke the game wide open in the 3rd quarter, & Letran just couldn't recover

* Jim Viray has become synonymous w/ the Stags these days, & little wonder because he is the top Stag out there, hitting at least six 3 pt. shots scattered all throughout the game. Probably about 6'2", runs the break well, decent ballhandler, seems to be pretty smart as he never took unnecessary chances off those fastbreak situations. Looks like a very solid player at no. 3. Let's see how he fares against UE's defense.

* Jason Ballesteros is listed sometimes as either 6'6", or 6'8", & that I think is because his body proportions makes him taller than he really is. I think he's only around 6'6", though. Decent rebounder & shotblocker, runs the floor well fitting well w/ SSC's fondness for speed, but doesn't have the skill to create his own shots anywhere. A serviceable Center for the SSC-R

* On Letran's side, it was RJ Razul who did a lot of damage. This kid has good height, yet good ball handling skills, good court vision, often sees open teammates & passing situations, passes well, is an excellent out side shot, & can score off the dribble also. He needs to exert himself this season, though, as the top Knight in that team, & then bring his game to the next level, which is the PBL, for him to be able to become a top PBA prospect later

King_stag
02-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Baste trailed in the 1st quarter, but they tightened up the D. Baste's run is the 2nd is fueled by gilbert bulawan's hustle, he rebounded in traffic and swatted some shots.

Also Give Credit to Jimbo Aquino for defending Jazul, he slowed him down. Also provided points from the bench while playing with a sore thumb.

pokpok
02-25-2008, 02:55 AM
CONGRATS UE!!! see stonecold im right.. its UE vs SAN SEBASTIAN... the battle of recto...
GO UE!! get another FR. MARTIN cup title... and get ready for the second finals appearance in season 71.. hopefully!!!

pokpok
02-25-2008, 03:31 AM
sino si melo afuang?? UE WARRIOR BA SIYA???

madskillz
02-25-2008, 09:41 AM
oo yata....

Schortsanitis
02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Melo Afuang is now playing for UST. Not sure if he has sat out the residency requirements to be able to play for the Tigers in the UAAP this season, though.

bchoter
02-25-2008, 10:44 AM
UE totally domnated UST in every aspect of the game. As expected, UE's pressing defense were their best offense. But they outplayed UST in other aspects as well. The backcourt had an easier time orchestrating plays scoring in a variety of ways off set patterns. UST was limited to outside sniping or Jervy's low post plays and were mostly off broken plays. UE had a balanced offense while UST relied heavily on Dylan, Jervy, and, in the last few minutes, Melo Afuang.

At least it's the FMC. This is the beauty of the off season leagues. It gives teams the chance to gauge their teams and a competitive setting. This can't be simulated in practice. It's back to the drawing boards for the Tigers.

nassefadiong
02-26-2008, 12:52 AM
UE Red Warriors, aim for another FMC title.

oca
02-26-2008, 08:44 AM
sino si melo afuang?? UE WARRIOR BA SIYA???

Melo Afuang is now playing for UST. Not sure if he has sat out the residency requirements to be able to play for the Tigers in the UAAP this season, though.

He completed hs at San Beda in 2006 and went to UST immediately thereafter, w/c means he was a true college freshman when he enrolled at UST that academic year and would have been eligible to play UAAP basketball without the need to take up residency.

silent_killer
02-26-2008, 05:28 PM
sino leading scorer ng UE sa last game against ust, pati na rin sa ust??? ??? ???

Schortsanitis
02-26-2008, 05:42 PM
He completed hs at San Beda in 2006 and went to UST immediately thereafter, w/c means he was a true college freshman when he enrolled at UST that academic* year and would have been eligible to play UAAP basketball without the need to take up residency.

So Melo Afuang has been languishing in UST's Team B the last 2 years?

All along I thought he played for SBC Team B, then transferred to UST.

mighty_lion
02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
^
Schort - Thats Chris Camus. UST Jersey #12. Yong kamukha ni JayR na R&B Singer. ;D

oca
02-26-2008, 06:35 PM
He completed hs at San Beda in 2006 and went to UST immediately thereafter, w/c means he was a true college freshman when he enrolled at UST that academic* year and would have been eligible to play UAAP basketball without the need to take up residency.

So Melo Afuang has been languishing in UST's Team B the last 2 years?

All along I thought he played for SBC Team B, then transferred to UST.

Si Camus nga yung naglaro sa SBC Team B.

I wouldn't say Melo was languishing this past 2 years at UST's Team B. Kung nakita mo yan during his senior yr as a Red Cub, masasabi mo rin na hindi uubra yung laro niya sa varsity level. He was strictly a power forward as a Red Cub. He first had to learn new skills and adapt his game given his size.

The more appropriate term in describing his stay at Team B this past 2 years would be-- nag-aral at nagpahinog.

For that we should admire the kid even more. He toiled and persevered. Sana nga tuluyang mapasama siya sa UAAP line-up.

ankle breaker
02-27-2008, 05:34 AM
who do you think will win the FMC cup? can UE dominate baste the way the bamboozled UST?

LION
02-27-2008, 07:50 AM
^Since this is an off-season league and UE has the advantage in terms of manpower, expect UE to dominate the Stags.

mighty_lion
02-27-2008, 08:06 AM
UE will win this one. SSCR's frontcourt is tough to beat but UE have good players to negate that defensive frontcourt.

franz_inwurdz
02-27-2008, 10:48 AM
The Stags still lacks a solid PG. UE has the edge.

King_stag
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Baste Has veteran guards in raymundo and delgado, the latter is a solid PG but not a scorer. Pamboy on the other hand is not really good in orchestrating, more of a 2-guard that can score in spurts. However, the rookie guard (cant remember his surname, it's a tongue twister hehe* ;D) can engage in a foot race with his speed, Breaks the press well and can finish in the break with his array of shots.

mighty_lion
02-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Gusto kong maposterize ni Espiritu si Ballesteros and on the other end gusto ko ring masupalpal ni Ballesteros si Espiritu para quits. ;D

King_stag
02-27-2008, 09:37 PM
;D ballesteros almost made a two-handed jam against letran last week but he was fould. The ball hitd the back iron. but it looked good hehe ;D

gwaps
02-28-2008, 12:11 AM
^^saw it too.* It would have been nasty if he made that dunk. :o* Ganda ng drop pass sa kanya ni (forgot the name).* Even my sister was awed by it.. :-* First time pa naman nya manood ng live college basketball.

I just hope you can encourage your fellow stag fans to watch more of the live games para mas masaya manood sabay cheering at konting kantiyawan.. ;)

King_stag
02-28-2008, 01:40 PM
I think that was raymundo who made the pass. ;D

stonecold316
02-29-2008, 02:32 AM
I'll go for San Sebastian in this one. Malakas sila, as in.

UE, as expected, is again lording the off-season game. hehehe. ;D ;D ;D Pero malakas kutob ko kaya sila ng Baste.

stonecold316

pokpok
02-29-2008, 03:09 AM
UE hater talaga si stonecold... proven na ngayon... mas kampihan pa ba ang ncaa team kesa sa UAAP team... anyway basta napanood mo naman ang UE- UST game at KUMBINSIDO ka na nanalo ang UE that game with Jervy Cruz, Ababou and all star cast pa ang UST.....

anyway win or lose nasa FINALS kami ng FR. MARTIN CUP

go UE get our 4th FMC title.... UST ... is still team to beat this season 71 ... SEE YOU!!!

gfy
02-29-2008, 07:43 AM
With the loss of big men Canizares, Borboran, Gregorio and Fampulme, UE is focusing on speed and efficient ball distribution to compensate. Duran and the reed-thin tall guy are still raw.Their backcourt however is relatively small but quite good. SSC has Ballesteros and the gang rebounding Viray, Bulawan and Najorda who have speed too. Coach Gallent though has to prepare for UE's full court press. Their new pg however (forgot the name) is good. This is going to be a run and run game and the one who gets tired first loses. ;D

mighty_lion
02-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Both UE and SSC utilized running game in taking out thier respective opponents during semifinals. UE's bench is so deep but SSC have the better frontcourt. That being said, I think SSCR are better off slowing the tempo. Alam naman nating mas maraming deadly perimeter players ng UE at mabibilis tumakbo.

Pero gusto ko paring magiging match up dito ay sina Ballesteros vs Espiritu. Palpalan silang dalawa ng bola. ;D

oca
02-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Skill and experience wise, I think SSC can beat UE. But I have yet to see SSC demonstrate a strong mental game. In that semis vs Letran, there was a point in the ballgame the Knights could have completed their rally and turn the game around. But typical of the Knights this past 2 seasons, if you check Jazul, no one else can be counted on.

But UE has a lot of options in offense and* their defense is a constant in their equation. SSC's PGs will be the first to break in a relentless UE press. Even if Gallent finds a way to bring that ball across mid court, I doubt if the PGs have enough poise when constantly harrased in a half court game.

And we all know, hiyang ang UE sa panahon bago ang July at matapos ang October. ::)

pokpok
02-29-2008, 02:06 PM
korek ka dyan oca.. kaya UE has the edge over SSC

King_stag
02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
With the loss of big men Canizares, Borboran, Gregorio and Fampulme, UE is focusing on speed and efficient ball distribution to compensate. Duran and the reed-thin tall guy are still raw.Their backcourt however is relatively small but quite good. SSC has Ballesteros and the gang rebounding Viray, Bulawan and Najorda who have speed too. Coach Gallent though has to prepare for UE's full court press. Their new pg however (forgot the name) is good. This is going to be a run and run game and the one who gets tired first loses. ;D

-The spitfire of baste with a tongue twister of a surname. hehe. He's an efficient ball handler. Seen him in practice and i like the way coach george yells at him. ;D seen him during scrimmages and i think his husstle and defensive stance is somehow compared to christian "baba" coronel.

King_stag
02-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Skill and experience wise, I think SSC can beat UE. But I have yet to see SSC demonstrate a strong mental game. In that semis vs Letran, there was a point in the ballgame the Knights could have completed their rally and turn the game around. But typical of the Knights this past 2 seasons, if you check Jazul, no one else can be counted on.

But UE has a lot of options in offense and* their defense is a constant in their equation. SSC's PGs will be the first to break in a relentless UE press. Even if Gallent finds a way to bring that ball across mid court, I doubt if the PGs have enough poise when constantly harrased in a half court game.

And we all know, hiyang ang UE sa panahon bago ang July at matapos ang October. ::)

The press of UE will definitely give baste a headache, but during the last game against letran the press break was effective.. The two-guard setup was great.

Schortsanitis
03-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Will the UE vs. SSC 2007-2008 FMC Open Finals game push thru tomorrow? I heard there were plans to put it as the game before the PBA's 2007-2008 Philippine Cup Game 7 finals at the Araneta coliseum.

gameface_one
03-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Nope. Posted this already in reply to a post in the tsismis thread. This was due to the limited time given by the Araneta Coliseum Management to the PBA.

FMC finals will also be on Sunday (tom) 10 am at San Beda Gym.

masterboy
03-02-2008, 10:41 AM
score naman dyan and results, goodluck sa both teams ;D

toti_mendiola
03-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Congrats U.E.

technologica
03-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Congratulations! University Of The East Red Warriors F.M.C. 2008 Champions

Perfect Full Court Press Defense Go UE! Good Luck in UAAP Season 71

codiak
03-02-2008, 03:32 PM
nice. congrats red warrior

mighty_lion
03-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Congrats UE!

Schortsanitis
03-02-2008, 04:16 PM
How was the game? Anybody got the scores & summaries? 'Tinamad na ako gumising ng maaga ng linggo.'

;D ;D ;D

masterboy
03-02-2008, 05:01 PM
oi! nice one, go ue!

King_stag
03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Congrats UE! ;D

technologica
03-02-2008, 05:38 PM
i forgot the score mga 7-9 ang lead but nakakagulat ang stags 1min 40secs 4th qtr naibaba nila ang 16points lead ng ue into 2points grabeh.. tama yung isang comments dito na pasakit ulo talga ang full court press defense ng u.e. sa offensive track ng baste..

oca
03-02-2008, 07:19 PM
End game.

51 seconds.

SSC-R just came back from a 16 point deficit and is just trailing by 2, 71-73 and in possession.

Nag-error ang Baste.

FT ang UE at the other end.

Error uli ang Baste.

Puntos uli ang UE.

Puntos ang Stags.

Puntos ang UE.

Error ang Stags.

Puntos ang UE.

Time expired with SSC-R in possession.

End of game. UE wins! 83 (yata* ;D) to 73.

Both teams had 5 possesion each in the last 51 seconds. The Stags committed erros in the first two and on the fourth and had to resort to fouling the Warriors in between.

That's what I said in my post yesterday about the Stags needing to demonstrate they have the mental strength. Gallent did a good job in solving the UE press. He "disguised" his formation by making it appear they'll pass when they would dribble, dribbled when UE tried to anticipate the pass. Yung PG nila na bago na supposedly magaling magdala ng bola? His surname is Maconocido (yata* ;D). Sa kanya yung unang error sa last 51 seconds. The next error was by another PG Raymundo. I told you yesterday unang bibigay ang mga guards ng Baste. ::)

I don't think the new PG will pose much of a problem to other teams. Walang tira sa labas at not a good slasher. But if you need ball protection at the backcourt, I think he can do the job.

Dikit sa first qtr. until that stretch from the start of the second quarter when UE did forced some turnovers. From a 2 point game at the end of the 1st qtr in favor of UE, the Stags found themselves trailing by double digits 4 minutes after. Imo, this was compounded by Stag center Ballesteros being rested on the sidelines. He is the only legit center in that team and Baste is a crippled team when he is not in the game. But Ballesteros showed a lot of good moves and hustle. If there is no Ekwe in San Beda, I would say he is the best center in the NCAA now.

UE protected that double digit lead until the middle of the 4th when the Stags made a gallant effort to turn the game around, until unforced errors* did them in.

I heard the people talking to the asssitant coaches of SSC-R after the game commenting about maturity.* I don't know if they were referring to the team or to their new PG. I don't think this team lacks maturity. About 3/4 of the team are carryover form last season. Some are on their 3rd playing season. Talagang mahina lang ang backcourt rotation at yung collective mental game ng team.

As for UE, wala namang bago sa laro nila. But it is worth noting the contribution of Lucas Tagarda. The former Letran Squire who went to UST then transfered to UE. The kid is ready to play at this level.

The celebration of UE was muted. Obviously, hindi na bago sa kanila ang manalo dito. ::)

silent_killer
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
really?. Tagarda is now in UE..., good for him...!

nassefadiong
03-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Congratulations UE Red Warriors! Is this their 4th FMC title?

TIRA UE! FIGHT FOR VICTORY!

pokpok
03-02-2008, 10:24 PM
see stonecold... wala kang hulang tumama!!! GO UE!!
CONGRATS!!! see you at UAAP 71!!!

King_stag
03-03-2008, 12:40 AM
End game.

51 seconds.

SSC-R just came back from a 16 point deficit and is just trailing by 2, 71-73 and in possession.

Nag-error ang Baste.

FT ang UE at the other end.

Error uli ang Baste.

Puntos uli ang UE.

Puntos ang Stags.

Puntos ang UE.

Error ang Stags.

Puntos ang UE.

Time expired with SSC-R in possession.

End of game. UE wins! 83 (yata* ;D) to 73.

Both teams had 5 possesion each in the last 51 seconds. The Stags committed erros in the first two and on the fourth and had to resort to fouling the Warriors in between.

That's what I said in my post yesterday about the Stags needing to demonstrate they have the mental strength. Gallent did a good job in solving the UE press. He "disguised" his formation by making it appear they'll pass when they would dribble, dribbled when UE tried to anticipate the pass. Yung PG nila na bago na supposedly magaling magdala ng bola? His surname is Maconocido (yata* ;D). Sa kanya yung unang error sa last 51 seconds. The next error was by another PG Raymundo. I told you yesterday unang bibigay ang mga guards ng Baste. ::)

I don't think the new PG will pose much of a problem to other teams. Walang tira sa labas at not a good slasher. But if you need ball protection at the backcourt, I think he can do the job.

Dikit sa first qtr. until that stretch from the start of the second quarter when UE did forced some turnovers. From a 2 point game at the end of the 1st qtr in favor of UE, the Stags found themselves trailing by double digits 4 minutes after. Imo, this was compounded by Stag center Ballesteros being rested on the sidelines. He is the only legit center in that team and Baste is a crippled team when he is not in the game. But Ballesteros showed a lot of good moves and hustle. If there is no Ekwe in San Beda, I would say he is the best center in the NCAA now.

UE protected that double digit lead until the middle of the 4th when the Stags made a gallant effort to turn the game around, until unforced errors* did them in.

I heard the people talking to the asssitant coaches of SSC-R after the game commenting about maturity.* I don't know if they were referring to the team or to their new PG. I don't think this team lacks maturity. About 3/4 of the team are carryover form last season. Some are on their 3rd playing season. Talagang mahina lang ang backcourt rotation at yung collective mental game ng team.

As for UE, wala namang bago sa laro nila. But it is worth noting the contribution of Lucas Tagarda. The former Letran Squire who went to UST then transfered to UE. The kid is ready to play at this level.

The celebration of UE was muted. Obviously, hindi na bago sa kanila ang manalo dito. ::)

As expected Pamboy "Fumble" Raymundo does it again hehe ;D

franz_inwurdz
03-03-2008, 12:15 PM
The Stags still lacks a solid PG. UE has the edge.

Told you so.

stonecold316
03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
see stonecold... wala kang hulang tumama!!! GO UE!!
CONGRATS!!! see you at UAAP 71!!!

Congrats. Champion ang team mo. See you sa UAAP 70th season!
;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

pokpok
03-05-2008, 02:12 AM
season 70??? ang alam ko TAMABAK ang UST sa UE noong season 70.... at first runner up at sweep kami... di naman masama ang first runner up...kapag talo tanggapin.. hahahahaha ang pikon ay talo!!!

bchoter
03-05-2008, 08:59 AM
^ Obviously typo error yan. I don't see the need to respond in such manner. Pagmumulan lang yan ng di pagkakaunawaan.

Congratulations. You won. Move on.

coreytaylor
03-05-2008, 04:12 PM
OT: espiritu and llagas is still eligible to play in S71, right? just asking...good luck nga pala to my former classmate lucas tagarda. hope he will be given more playing time in UE.

Joescoundrel
03-07-2008, 11:42 AM
^ I believe the players of note from UE who have used up all their eligibility include Jorel Canizares, Mark Borboran and Kelvin Gregorio. I am not absolutely sure about Elmer Espiritu, although to my recollection he came into the UAAP at the same time as Borboran. As for Pari Llagas, he came in with Hans Thiele, and Thiele to my knowledge still has at least one more year of eligibility left, which may thus apply to Llagas as well.

sa_pula
03-07-2008, 01:43 PM
totoo bang si paul zamar ang kumana sa game nila againts letran naka 23 points daw sya? d kaya pinaghahanda na ni coach dindo si paul para pamalit kay marcy kc mukhang magpapdraft na si marcy sya lang yung wala sa line up ng warriors.

bigfreeze_bibby
03-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Yes joe. Llagas, Espiritu, and Thiele all have eligibilities left in them. Ang alam ko e one year pa rin yang mga yan.

stonecold316
03-10-2008, 01:20 AM
season 70??? ang alam ko TAMABAK ang UST sa UE noong season 70.... at first runner up at sweep kami... di naman masama ang first runner up...kapag talo tanggapin.. hahahahaha ang pikon ay talo!!!

Sorry, dapat season 71. Anyway, congrats uli. Yeah, natalo nga pala kami sa UE. galing ng team ninyo eh.

stonecold316

pokpok
03-10-2008, 02:32 AM
champion din sa hail!!!! GOOO ue!! atleast this is a confident booster sa UAAP!!!!

stonecold316
03-11-2008, 08:37 PM
champion din sa hail!!!! GOOO ue!! atleast this is a confident booster sa UAAP!!!!

Congrats uli. Goodluck na lang sa UAAP. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

pokpok
03-12-2008, 02:39 AM
hay naku... mahirap ng umasa sa UAAP.. basta ang importante.. makapasok muna kami sa final 4 atleast...

stonecold316
03-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh, bakit parang nawalan ka ng confidence sa UE team mo? Anyway, tama ka rin. Dapat with caution muna kasi mamaya champion na naman sa off-season tournament pero pagdating ng UAAP, olats na naman kayo. No pun intended ok.

Goodluck sa UE.

stonecold316

pokpok
03-14-2008, 02:54 AM
actually, hindi ako nawalan ng kompiyansa sa UE WARRIORS... palagi naman kaming favorite at malakas ang team mula pa noong college days ko... we are always a FINAL 4 contender... kaso ang tanong dito is PAPANO MAGING CHAMPION SA UAAP.... mahirap umasa hanggang hindi nag kakatotoo...

basta KEEP the FAITH... basta UE GO FOR THE TITLE!!!!
first, be a final 4 contender this season 71....

stonecold316
03-14-2008, 12:51 PM
actually, hindi ako nawalan ng kompiyansa sa UE WARRIORS... palagi naman kaming favorite at malakas ang team mula pa noong college days ko... we are always a FINAL 4 contender... kaso ang tanong dito is PAPANO MAGING CHAMPION SA UAAP.... mahirap umasa hanggang hindi nag kakatotoo...

basta KEEP the FAITH... basta UE GO FOR THE TITLE!!!!
first, be a final 4 contender this season 71....

Ok, kala ko kasi nawalan ka na ng tiwala eh. Anyway, there was a time na hindi sila nakapasok sa Final Four. i Think 1997 and 1998 ata.

stonecold316

pokpok
03-15-2008, 02:55 AM
no... 1997 at 2000 and 2001... pero sa 2000 at 2001, natalo kami sa knockout game for 4th sa NU and UST respectively....

nassefadiong
03-15-2008, 11:47 PM
no... 1997 at 2000 and 2001...* pero sa 2000 at 2001, natalo kami sa knockout game for 4th sa NU and UST respectively....

I see....

stonecold316
03-18-2008, 04:47 AM
no... 1997 at 2000 and 2001...* pero sa 2000 at 2001, natalo kami sa knockout game for 4th sa NU and UST respectively....

thanks for the clarification. Nung 2000 at 2001 season's ata nasa rebuilding stage ang UE that's why hirap sila.

stonecold316