PDA

View Full Version : Commentators: Benjie Paras + Jolly Escobar =

crisgee
11-16-2007, 02:56 AM
RATINGS!

It's 2:48am and i guess fatigue is making shallow (i.e. sabaw) that's why i just can't stop laughing at how these two are calling the game! Neither of them are taking it seriously!

james_ty
11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I agree with your observation.

Last conference, the PBL had Eric Tipan and Ronnie Magsanoc as commentators.

They did a good job but ABS-CBN didn't allow them to come back, which is why Solar hired both Paras and Escobar.

Escobar is better suited for the PBA radio coverage while Paras ...well, he should concentrate on showbiz.

Studio 23 did a better job with the PBL telecast although right now, the league is getting more sponsors under Solar.

I hope Solar management does something about it.

nastrans
12-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Nagpapatawa pa daw si Paras at nilalabas pa ang kanyang Fil-Sham sentiments :D

AnthonyServinio
12-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Nagpapatawa pa daw si Paras at nilalabas pa ang kanyang Fil-Sham sentiments* :D

* * *BENJIE Paras hosts another program on RPN-9 called "Finish Line" where he and a female co-host read sports news.* When it was time to report on the latest PBA games, Paras was observed to editorialize his news reading by calling Mick Pennisi an "import".* Certain words uttered by Paras describing the likes of Asi Taulava and Eric Menk were obviously edited out.* For example -- gumawa ang <bleep> Filipino ng 21 puntos at 10 rebound.

oca
12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Dapat mapayuhan si Benjie kung ano ang ginagawa niya.

Sa ngayon, medyo "harmless" pa ang birada niya. Pero pag namihasa siya, he may find himself saying more than just "expressing an opinion".

dioning
12-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Dapat mapayuhan si Benjie kung ano ang ginagawa niya.

Sa ngayon, medyo "harmless" pa ang birada niya. Pero pag namihasa siya, he may find himself saying more than just "expressing an opinion".

E di ba may lahing Australyano din itong si Paras? If I remember right, his full name is Venancio Johnson Paras. Tama ba?

nastrans
03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
May konting snipe si Paras kahapon sa Harbour-Hapee contest.

May times na tinawag niya si Mercado na "Amerkado" kaya medyo hindi halata dahil may pagkarhyme.

batangueño
03-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Hala! Benjie Paras as a commentator? Wala lang. Bumalik na lang siya sa UP at tapusin na niya yung natitirang eligibility niya. ;) ;D

Well, I guess it's all but a matter of "training" the guy to do sports reportage. Kung well-trained na si Pareng Benj, siguro naman ay mababawasan na ang mga "side comments" niya. :)

tigerman
03-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Para silang nag-iinuman kapag sila ang commentators. ;D

Benjie's double-meaning remarks are below the belt but I can't help but laugh at it sometimes.

I remember vividly in a game when Gabe Norwood made a slam dunk. Benjie said "Ang lupit ng dunk. Parang import". :D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

reforms
03-29-2008, 04:33 AM
ngayon ko lang nalaman ng commentators na silang 2 at magkasama pa. ang kulit malamang ng mga to! e dating teammates to sa shell diba? at alam ko pareho pang bedista. ;)

si jolly bagay nga maging commentator. si benjie? courtside reporter? :D

The_Big_Cat
03-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Jolly and Benjie are the new breed of commentators. Funny and outrageous! Kulang na lang ay pulutan. :) :)

During the Finals between Hapee and Harbour Centre, I recall them calling Maierhoffer as "Epi Quizon".
And recently, their new favorite player is SALADAAAGA! Referring to Saladaga.

abcdef
03-29-2008, 11:56 PM
They are sick . . .

They make fun of the players which is I think wrong. Not Jolly but mostly Benje.
This is a disgrace to the long line of respected commentators of the game.
Calling them new breed I think is too generous to them. Ganyan ako mag comment pag nanonood ako sa mga laban parang miron lang sila na may mike.

And honestly they sound irritating. . .

The_Big_Cat
03-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Here's another one. Harbour Centre and UST's Dylan Ababou. At one point they called him "Dylan LABABOU".

It sometimes gets out of hand. That is why we don't see them both together nowadays. They are now being paired with another commentator.

james_ty
03-31-2008, 11:52 AM
That's the problem when Solar lacks good sportscasters.

Many of them have contracts with other broadcasters like ABS-CBN and ABC.

If I remember, Eric Tipan and Ronnie Magsanoc did some PBL broadcasts during the first year of BTV but they weren't allowed anymore by ABS-CBN Sports due to contractual reasons.

batangueño
03-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Kabayang james_ty: Correct me if I am wrong pero hindi ba't freelancers sina Eric at Coach Ronnie? How come iniipit na sila ng ABS-CBN ngayon? Is this ABS-CBN's way of harassing Solar? ???

james_ty
03-31-2008, 01:01 PM
I believe so. Besides, I have a feeling that ABS-CBN will get these guys to cover the PBA games next season if Studio 23 wins the PBA bid.

You know how Gabby Lopez still feels sore that Manny Pacquiao left ABS-CBN for Solar and GMA.

The_Big_Cat
03-31-2008, 01:21 PM
I would like for Paras and Escobar is to first strut "commentating skills" in either the NCAA or UAAP before they go up to the PBA.

I doubt that the PBA will go to Studio 23. Conflict schedules with NCAA and UAAP skeds looms if they go to ABS.
NCAA TV Schedule are on Wednesday and Fridays (2pm to 6pm). UAAP TV Schedules are on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays (2pm to 6pm). The PBA holds its TV Playing sked at Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I think the UAAP and NCAA will not move their playing skeds for the PBA.

james_ty
03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
I would like for Paras and Escobar is to first strut "commentating skills" in either the NCAA or UAAP before they go up to the PBA.

I doubt that the PBA will go to Studio 23. Conflict schedules with NCAA and UAAP skeds looms if they go to ABS.
NCAA TV Schedule are on Wednesday and Fridays (2pm to 6pm). UAAP TV Schedules are on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays (2pm to 6pm). The PBA holds its TV Playing sked at Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The PBA will start its new season in October or November, right after the college leagues. So once the UAAP and NCAA seasons end, papasok na ang PBA sa Studio 23.

RockLobster
03-31-2008, 05:00 PM
I might sound like I'm asking for it, so here it goes... :)

In fairness to ABS-CBN/Studio 23, ito na nga siguro yung dahilan why I believe they're still far better in their coverage, at least as far as the PBL games are concerned. Bukod sa capability to broadcast the games live, the talents are there. Hindi ako expert, pero hindi siguro maganda na sabihing iniipit ng Studio 23 yung talents nila. That's like looking out the window rather than in the mirror. If Solar Sports did not have enough of the talent to begin with to be able to achieve a certain quality standard in their coverage, hindi naman dapat siguro isisi sa iba yun at maghanap ng excuse, di ba?

Then again, personally, I'm about to shift to Destiny Cable, precisely because of these basketball coverages--I'm missing a lot already. Pero nakaka-relate pa naman kasi napanood ko na rin ang mga games na na-cover ni Paras at Escobar. Paras does have issues, pero mukhang outdated nya issue nya against Fil-Ams kasi yung mga kasama nya sa crusade na sina Aquino at Espino eh nakarating na sa promiseland dahil sa mga Fil-Am.

batangueño
03-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Pero Kabayang james, hindi ba mag-aabot ang Finals ng last conference ng PBA sa opening games ng NCAA at ng UAAP? Hindi ba't doon pa lang ay may conflict na?

Also, what if the PBA decides to go back to the old three conference format? How will Studio 23 accommodate that if it too also handles coverage of the UAAP and the NCAA?

batangueño
03-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Kabayang Rocklobster, siguro you could not blame some of us who were thinking na baka nga iniipit ng ABS-CBN yung iba nilang talents na nagco-cover din for Solar. Remember that the Lopezes have a grudge with Wilson Tieng, which had gotten worse when Manny Pacquiao decided to leave ABS-CBN for Solar and GMA, Solar's new business partner.

Sa tingin ko kasi, it's all about business. Alam ng ABS-CBN na may potential ang joint GMA-Solar bid para sa PBA pero yung mga commentators ng Solar at ng ABC ay medyo walang panama kumpara sa mga commentators na nasa ABS-CBN. If GMA-Solar does win the bid for the PBA, papayag ba ang ABS-CBN na maglipatan sa GMA-Solar yung mga commentators nila? Siyempre, hindi.

ABS-CBN loves seeing a "tomador" tandem of Benjie Paras and Jolly Escobar on Solar. Yun ang kanilang "clincher" para ma-kumbinsi sina Tony Chua na sa ABS-CBN ibigay ang rights ng PBA sa halip na sa GMA-Solar.

james_ty
03-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Pero Kabayang james, hindi ba mag-aabot ang Finals ng last conference ng PBA sa opening games ng NCAA at ng UAAP? Hindi ba't doon pa lang ay may conflict na?

Also, what if the PBA decides to go back to the old three conference format? How will Studio 23 accommodate that if it too also handles coverage of the UAAP and the NCAA?

I'm sure the PBA and Studio 23 will work something out. It's still too early to tell. We'll know once the bidding process starts in July.

batangueño
03-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Kabayang james, do you think that by July eh magkakaroon ng contesting bid ang GMA-Solar against ABS-CBN's? Also, is a GMA-Solar joint bid possible? Lastly, will ABC do something to retain the PBA on their network?

Ewan ko lang pero sa tingin ko talaga, kung hindi iniipit ng ABS-CBN ang talents nila, walang magiging isyu sa coverage nina Jolly Escobar at Benjie Paras sa PBL.

james_ty
03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Kabayang james, do you think that by July eh magkakaroon ng contesting bid ang GMA-Solar against ABS-CBN's? Also, is a GMA-Solar joint bid possible? Lastly, will ABC do something to retain the PBA on their network?

Ewan ko lang pero sa tingin ko talaga, kung hindi iniipit ng ABS-CBN ang talents nila, walang magiging isyu sa coverage nina Jolly Escobar at Benjie Paras sa PBL.

A GMA-Solar bid for the PBA is possible. In my opinion, puwedeng sumabay na mag-bid ang ABS at GMA.

As for ABC, the network needs to improve on a lot of things, like its signal, its programming and its studios. Sobrang layo kasi ang ABC sa may Novaliches and you have to go through the heavy traffic along Quirino Avenue just to get there.

In addition, ABC has yet to recover from the financial losses it sustained when it aired American and Philippine Idol. Malaki ang nalugi ng istasyon kaya Fremantle gave the Idol local franchise to GMA and QTV.

bchoter
03-31-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm not into the network wars but I'd still pick ABS-CBN over GMA in terms of its seriousness in getting into sports. GMA has token coverages while ABS-CBN has been into sports for the longest time. GMA is into it now only because ABS-CBN is.

The_Big_Cat
04-01-2008, 10:28 AM

The PBA will start its new season in October or November, right after the college leagues. So once the UAAP and NCAA seasons end, papasok na ang PBA sa Studio 23.

With the impending change of the PBA format back to a 3-Conference regular season, tatamaan pa rin ang skeds ng NCAA and UAAP. And that will be an issue for sure they will have to consider.

Indeed, ABS-CBN is the best broadcast partner out there. But the last bidding prior to ABC-5, the PBA would like to have the PBA games broadcasted on ABS-CBN Channel 2 rather on Studio23. The inability of ABS-CBN is to broadcast games on Channel 2 led to ABC-5 winning the bid. At least that was the story behind the last bid and I hope ABS-CBN will present the best possible scenario for the PBA if they plan to snatch the broadcasting rights of the PBA.

erichubert
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Whether they change to a 3 format sched or not, the PBA's playing season would remain to be from October to July. This is to ensure that they would be available for the international competitions that are usually held from August- September.

The_Big_Cat
04-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Paras + Escobar = Beavis + Butthead

:D :D

JonarSabilano
04-01-2008, 12:45 PM

http://www.geocities.com/stimpysvideotrading/bandb.jpg

james_ty
04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Whether they change to a 3 format sched or not, the PBA's playing season would remain to be from October to July. This is to ensure that they would be available for the international competitions that are usually held from August- September.

Besides, they may have to shorten all three conferences to fit the new format.

Kid Cubao
04-01-2008, 01:11 PM
para sa akin, mas gugustuhin kong sina benjie at jolly escobar kesa naman sa mga nagmamarunong na chino at quinito. unlike benjie and jolly, the other pair have this unique talent of dumbing down any topics for discussion they dive into, which is a great disservice to filipino sports fans. ok lang sa akin if benjie and jolly make "fun" of other people's names, because in the coverages i heard, i have yet to hear them say anything about any certain player they won't be able to say right in front of his* face. players and coaches these days know they're just being irreverent and wacky, nothing more. wala namang below-the-belt sa mga hirit nila. if anything, because both broadcasters were ex-PBA pros, they are able to give a lot of insight in the basketball life that other color crews are not aware of.

about benjie paras's continuing digs on fil-am players: remember that at the height of the fil-am invasion, benjie paras and alvin patrimonio did most of their talking on the court against the likes of asi, davonn, erik menk, al segova, sonny alvarado, and a host of many others. in 1999, he launched one of the greatest comebacks in PBA history by copping the MVP crown, scoring one for the "home team" so to speak. benjie was a kickass player in college and in the pros, and for me, he can say whatever he wants on the air ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I like their personalities. They will be around for a long time.

JonarSabilano
04-01-2008, 01:47 PM

Charles Barkley. Times two.

The_Big_Cat
04-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Maybe, they could get Ramon Bautista from MTV's Ramon Bautista Show. Get him as Benjie and Jollliy's sidecourt reporter. That would be fun.

Sam Miguel
04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
These guys are at least meaning to be funny.

Almost all of the female courtside reporters aren't even remotely funny. Their sheer basketball ignorance is a downright tragedy even.

bchoter
04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Amen to that Kid... the "mute" function is always handy with the Chinito-Quinito pair.

nastrans
04-02-2008, 02:40 PM

Maybe, they could get Ramon Bautista from MTV's Ramon Bautista Show. Get him as Benjie and Jollliy's sidecourt reporter. That would be fun.

Hai! Aym Ramon Bautista, En Aym Yor Corthsayd Riporter! En Dis Is Da Ramon Bautista Corthsayd Riporter Seo! Ay Hop U Engioy Dis Seo! :D

batangueño
04-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Benjie-Jolly-Ramon Bautista? RIOT yan, mga tol! ;D

toti_mendiola
04-02-2008, 02:47 PM

http://www.geocities.com/stimpysvideotrading/bandb.jpg

minus the espresso. my name iscornelio i eat portfolio forbreakfast.

toti_mendiola
04-02-2008, 02:51 PM
para sa akin, mas gugustuhin kong sina benjie at jolly escobar kesa naman sa mga nagmamarunong na chino at quinito. unlike benjie and jolly, the other pair have this unique talent of dumbing down any topics for discussion they dive into, which is a great disservice to filipino sports fans. ok lang sa akin if benjie and jolly make "fun" of other people's names, because in the coverages i heard, i have yet to hear them say anything about any certain player they won't be able to say right in front of his face. players and coaches these days know they're just being irreverent and wacky, nothing more. wala namang below-the-belt sa mga hirit nila. if anything, because both broadcasters were ex-PBA pros, they are able to give a lot of insight in the basketball life that other color crews are not aware of.

about benjie paras's continuing digs on fil-am players: remember that at the height of the fil-am invasion, benjie paras and alvin patrimonio did most of their talking on the court against the likes of asi, davonn, erik menk, al segova, sonny alvarado, and a host of many others. in 1999, he launched one of the greatest comebacks in PBA history by copping the MVP crown, scoring one for the "home team" so to speak. benjie was a kickass player in college and in the pros, and for me, he can say whatever he wants on the air ;D

BecUSE back then it was a personal thing for him to get back at those fil ams especially at al segova. hehe

The_Big_Cat
04-02-2008, 04:43 PM
para sa akin, mas gugustuhin kong sina benjie at jolly escobar kesa naman sa mga nagmamarunong na chino at quinito. unlike benjie and jolly, the other pair have this unique talent of dumbing down any topics for discussion they dive into, which is a great disservice to filipino sports fans. ok lang sa akin if benjie and jolly make "fun" of other people's names, because in the coverages i heard, i have yet to hear them say anything about any certain player they won't be able to say right in front of his face. players and coaches these days know they're just being irreverent and wacky, nothing more. wala namang below-the-belt sa mga hirit nila. if anything, because both broadcasters were ex-PBA pros, they are able to give a lot of insight in the basketball life that other color crews are not aware of.

BecUSE back then it was a personal thing for him to get back at those fil ams especially at al segova. hehe

Benjie the "Avenger"?

toti_mendiola
04-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Nope but Al the "forster" Segova.

reforms
04-03-2008, 01:18 AM
si segova ung sa purefoods dati diba? kasabayan ni alvarado.

si devon harp ba nasan na? di rin pinoy un no? kaya siguro di nya tinanggap ung slot sa philippine team dati.. kasi alam nyang di sya pinoy. ang sinabing reason daw bakit di nya tinanggap e "personal reasons".

joelex
04-03-2008, 01:39 AM
a close friend of harp confided to me that davonn spent time as a waiter for a baltimore, MD steakhouse after his stint here. not sure where he is now though

The_Big_Cat
04-03-2008, 11:22 AM

Well, if you add Joey Marquez to that trio, gulo talaga yan!!

:D :D :D

AnthonyServinio
04-03-2008, 12:02 PM

Joey Marquez is qualified for the job being a former national junior player and a seven-year PBA veteran so he definitely knows his basketball. As shown by his show business and political career, Marquez is very articulate and can express his opinions well.

The_Big_Cat
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Joey Marquez could have been an excellent color commentator but went to a different direction. Joey together with Totoy Marquez were one of the many basketball playing brothers in the PBA

stonecold316
04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
hay naku. sana palitan na lang sila.

stonecold316

aircanda
04-05-2008, 10:05 PM

isama na ren naten sa roster ng mga commentators sila Dennis Padilla, Long Mejia at the baddest of em all.. si Dagul.. ;D

suo na ang KOOL KA LANG!! ;D

kwentuhang tambay na talaga.. ;D

seriously.. ok yang si sir Benjie, gaya nga ng sinabe ni sir Kid Cubao.. madame at malupit ang pinagdaanan nito at para sa akin he can also say whatever he wants..

mangtsito
04-06-2008, 04:12 AM

* * *Joey Marquez is qualified for the job being a former national junior player and a seven-year PBA veteran so he definitely knows his basketball.* As shown by his show business and political career, Marquez is very articulate and can express his opinions well.

Na-uphold na pala yung conviction ni Joey Marquez. ;D

batangueño
04-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Pwede kaya na si Jimmy Santos na lang ang isama natin sa grupo (Benjie Paras-Jolly Escobar-Ramon Bautista) tutal makukulong din lang naman si Tsong? ;D

I love you three times a day! Nyah! :D

nastrans
04-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Pwede kaya na si Jimmy Santos na lang ang isama natin sa grupo (Benjie Paras-Jolly Escobar-Ramon Bautista) tutal makukulong din lang naman si Tsong? ;D

I love you three times a day! Nyah! :D

Oha! :D

Isama din natin si Carmi Martin kung magkataon hehehe

The_Big_Cat
04-06-2008, 02:35 PM

Joey Marquez is qualified for the job being a former national junior player and a seven-year PBA veteran so he definitely knows his basketball. As shown by his show business and political career, Marquez is very articulate and can express his opinions well.

Na-uphold na pala yung conviction ni Joey Marquez. ;D

Nakapag piyansa pa siya. Appeal pa ulit for reconsideration. Dahil sa "overpriced walis tingting" nakulong. Mag walis na lang siya doon sa Arena sa San Juan.

batangueño
04-06-2008, 02:52 PM
The_Big_Cat: Eh paano ba yan, Kabayan? Mas gusto ko si Jimmy Santos kaysa kay Joey Marquez eh. Oha! ;D

Pwede sigurong compromise. Sabay na lang silang dalawa tapos si Ramon Bautista ang mag-handle ng Halftime. ;) :D

The_Big_Cat
04-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I like that combo. Joey Marquez and Jimmy Santos tandem? I would love to see Jimmy Santos use his Carabao english.
:D

I recall noong late 1980s while Jimmy Santos was hosting Eat Bulaga, he often used his "carabao english" (crooked english). Many people from different sectors were afraid that children would emulate him. Thus, he was given a warning by the MTRCB.

May Philippine Bulaga Association pa noon as one of their games in Eat Bulaga. That was hilarious then. ;D

batangueño
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Ewan ko lang, Kabayang The_Big_Cat, pero hindi ba't matagal nang hindi active sa basketball si Jimmy Santos? Does he still play some basketball despite being more active in show business? ???

Jimmy Santos-Joey Marquez combo! Nice! ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Jimmy Santos still plays basketball. But nowadays its for a cause. He played recently in Gensan against Manny Pacquiao and high ranking military officials in an exhibition basketball.

The former JRU player still draws attention to the game primarily because of his outrageous and funny antics during the game.
:D

batangueño
04-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Kabayang The_Big_Cat, it's good to know that Jimmy Santos still plays basketball despite being more active in show businesses these days, especially with his hosting stint in Eat Bulaga and "tour" of comedy bars Zirkoh and Klownz. :)

However, I still would like to imagine Jimmy Santos and Joey Marquez doing the PBL coverage as alternate sportscasters to Benjie Paras and Jolly Escobar. Ang kulit siguro nina Tsong at Bondying. ;D

Mhel_Garrido
04-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Siguro kelangan diyan si CHiquito Hanes-on

AnthonyServinio
04-09-2008, 12:18 AM
May Philippine Bulaga Association pa noon as one of their games in Eat Bulaga. That was hilarious then. ;D

* * *Their roster of "sportscasters" was legendary -- Joe Kantodas (Cantada), Andy Haw-Haw D' Carabao (Jao) and Steve Katas (Kattan).

Hope I get this right -- Tito Sotto was Joe, Vic Sotto was Steve and Joey de Leon was Andy.

The_Big_Cat
04-09-2008, 11:43 AM

Their roster of "sportscasters" was legendary -- Joe Kantodas (Cantada), Andy Haw-Haw D' Carabao (Jao) and Steve Katas (Kattan).

Hope I get this right -- Tito Sotto was Joe, Vic Sotto was Steve and Joey de Leon was Andy.

Yes its correct. It was very outrageous then. :)

james_ty
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Jolly Escobar was the analyst of the second PBL game pero buti na lang at wala si Benjie kagabi.

The_Big_Cat
04-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Jolly Escobar was the analyst of the second PBL game pero buti na lang at wala si Benjie kagabi.

In the upcoming Fil-Oil/Flying-V tournament baka ipag sabay sila Benjie at Jolly ng BTV sa coverage doon. :)

Maganda siguro kung isama din si Benjie sa UAAP coverage sa studio23 since "Centennial Anniversary" ng UP. Maybe include din si Magsanoc, who has been a part of the UAAP coverage in the past. :)

batangueño
04-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Kabayang The_Big_Cat, I think having Benjie in the UAAP coverage is not possible. Benjie is a Kapuso, remember? ;)

stonecold316
04-09-2008, 01:46 PM

Their roster of "sportscasters" was legendary -- Joe Kantodas (Cantada), Andy Haw-Haw D' Carabao (Jao) and Steve Katas (Kattan).

Naaalala ko ata itong era na ito. hahaha! Nasa grade school pa ata ako when they had this segment sa Eat Bulaga.

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
04-10-2008, 05:36 PM
A while ago I saw Benjie and Olsen doing today's first game, Noosa and San Mig.

batangueño
04-10-2008, 09:54 PM
A while ago I saw Benjie and Olsen doing today's first game, Noosa and San Mig.

Benjie Paras and Olsen Racela? Now that's a better combination. ;D

Still, I am for the Jimmy Santos-Joey Marquez duo with Ramon Bautista doing Halftime. :D

jiggerman04
04-10-2008, 11:27 PM
haha.. natawa ako dun kay Ramon Bautista.. Sa Stangebrew show pa lang inaabangan ko na segment nyan. sana gawin nalang syang courtside reporter! pero may maniniwala kaya sakanya?

The_Big_Cat
04-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Maganda siguro i-strutt ni Benjie at Jolly ang stuff nila doon sa collegiate level (NCAA or UAAP). Both of them came from the San Beda Red Cubs while in their college days Benjie suited up for UP and Jolly in UE.
:)

james_ty
04-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I hope Solar does not get these two if it wins the PBA bid.

stat
04-12-2008, 09:11 PM
sabi ni benjie dahil pumasok na si Guerrero sa laban ng toyota vs hapee, ipasok din day si sena para tag team sila. hehehehe. pati si potit natawa ;D ;D ;D

tigerman
04-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Too much WWE Mr. Tower of Power! ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Jolly Escobar was the commentator for the Pharex-Toyota game last night. When his favorite player entered the court, Ian Saladaga of Pharex, Jolly called him "The Dagger, Saladagger!".
;D

tigerman
05-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Yesterday it was the turn of Benjie Paras and Olsen Racela. They were the commentators for game 3 between Harbour and San Mig. Nabawasan na yung pagiging kengkoy ni Benjie but alas he was just merely saving his best hirit for last. ;D After Sol Mercado hit a difficult shot, Benjie said to Olsen "Ang galing niya. Yung tattoo niya parang kay Joaquin Bordado." Talagang matawa-tawa din si Olsen eh. ;D

Laughtrip talaga! hehe...

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Jeep
05-16-2008, 09:35 AM
benjie will have his one-liners and other hirit. he's a funnyman after all. olsen does his best to keep the discussion focused. but even in the NBA, when sir charles tosses in his own colorful commentary, expect all the talk to go off in all directions.

if it boils down to dry vs. witty commentary, i'd take the latter any old day. :)

bchoter
05-16-2008, 09:48 AM
^ Heard that one, too. Kala ko old-school comment. Yun pala isa syang kesong, este, soap opera sa kesong channel :D

The_Big_Cat
05-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Benjie teamed up with coach Ricky Dandan on the first game (Hapee vs BK) and the second game with Olsen Racela (Harbour vs San Mig)

Yung Alcaraz niya, naging Alcatraz. ;D

nastrans
05-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Panalo yung kumparison sa tato ni Wakin Burdado ah :D

Naalala ko tuloy yung posing ni Robin Padilla na sobrang pakita sa chest niya hehehe

batangueño
05-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Ayos din itong si Pareng Benjie ah. Plug talaga ng GMA shows during PBL games. Kulang na lang siguro ay isuot niya yung "Proud to be Kapuso" pin niya during a PBL broadcast. ;D

Sana nga pala umupo si Pareng Benjie sa bench ng UP this coming UAAP season. Reunion nila ni Jerry Codiñera. :o :D

bchoter
05-19-2008, 12:51 PM
During a Toyota Otis game Benjie would say Cuan while he's handling the ball or scores but it sounds more like Kuwan.

Sort of like "Ang ganda ng tira ni (very short pause) kuwan..."

JonarSabilano
05-19-2008, 02:26 PM
haha.. natawa ako dun kay Ramon Bautista.. Sa Stangebrew show pa lang inaabangan ko na segment nyan. sana gawin nalang syang courtside reporter! pero may maniniwala kaya sakanya?

Sana pati si Erning, kunin din nila. Wala lang. Nakatayo lang siya sa isang tabi at magsasabi ng "Tama!". ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-19-2008, 02:34 PM
The last time Benjie and Jolly were together was during the Finals matchup between Harbour and Hapee last December . Since, maghaharap uli ang Hapee at Harbour, we might see both of them together?

batangueño
05-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Sana pati si Erning, kunin din nila. Wala lang. Nakatayo lang siya sa isang tabi at magsasabi ng "Tama!". ;D

Angel Rivero? Why not? ;) ;D

bossman
06-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Ang ganda pakinggan nun duo na Jolly and Benjie. Biruin mo naalala pa nila yun playing days nila sa Shell pag may mga plays na parang mga ginagawa nila noon.. hehe