PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for CESAFI's improvement

benchboy
10-23-2007, 07:08 PM
i hope the moderator will make this topic sticky...

anyway...ever since the CAAA days i have noticed that CESAFI has no tv coverage, no permanent venues and no advertisement(such as game schedule, etc. on local dailies, local tv or radio stations) even websites....

so guys....please post ur suggestions here on how to improve our beloved CESAFI....

yokam
10-25-2007, 08:20 AM
With all the excitement and the hype surrounding the CESAFI's 7th season, improvements are expected for it's 8th season. The bottomline is that, in it's past years, CESAFI has lacked a major fan base. Fans are a major factor in any major sporting event, without fans, games seem to be so boring, thus, it won't attract much attention.

But it's so good to know that CESAFI is already drawing in more people, special notice for the USC fans. It could've been for the massive improvements of other teams, notably USJ-R and USC, or UV's decline. But either way, it has made CESAFI more exciting and thrilling.

The league is barely 8 years old, thus there's still a lot of room for improvements. As for the concerns, here are some of my views:

1.) Media coverage -- A local television network will do, or probably air it on Visayas and Mindanao only, as well as radio coverage. CESAFI has been into papers lately, thus newspapers are the only valuable source of info and media CESAFI has so far.

2.) Scouting and recruitment -- Teams should do more better scouting and recruitment of players to further bolster up their line-ups. Sad to say, there are a lot of players in most of the teams rosters who doesn't even deserve a spot in the line-up, I mean a lot of other players out there are better players than them, either size wise or skills wise.

3.) Overall support -- Aside from the fans, CESAFI so far has failed to draw in major supporters, not just for the different teams, but for the whole league as well.

gameface_one
10-25-2007, 10:00 AM
i hope the moderator will make this topic sticky...

anyway...ever since the CAAA days i have noticed that CESAFI has no tv coverage, no permanent venues and no advertisement(such as game schedule, etc. on local dailies, local tv or radio stations) even websites....

so guys....please post ur suggestions here on how to improve our beloved CESAFI....

We have already sent a proposal to the CESAFi management about this. We are just waiting for their decision.

benchboy
10-25-2007, 06:20 PM
We have already sent a proposal to the CESAFi management about this. We are just waiting for their decision.

i hope this will materialize before the opening of the 8th season next year.

ankle breaker
11-24-2007, 04:32 AM

i hope this will materialize before the opening of the 8th season next year.

find another commissioner for next year

thadzonline
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Tiukinhuy just resigned!

yokam
11-26-2007, 03:58 PM
^^Wow!!! Finally!!! The biggest improvement so far. ;D

thadzonline
11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
no comment ako diyan bro...valid naman siguro rason niya, can you do teh favor of posting the link here? kaso bisaya man ang text ato :-D

ankle breaker
11-28-2007, 04:11 AM
no comment ako diyan bro...valid naman siguro rason niya, can you do teh favor of posting the link here? kaso bisaya man ang text ato :-D

forge an agreement with other leagues.

thadzonline
11-29-2007, 07:50 AM
am thinking, instead of VAAA, a Visayas Champions League just like the CCL format should be interesting..just a wild thought here

ankle breaker
11-29-2007, 10:33 PM
what about VUCAA - Visayan Universities and Colleges Athelitic Association. How's that?

thadzonline
11-30-2007, 07:23 PM
what's the format?

thadzonline
12-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I talked to one of the Gameface partners and we agreed that the real mass media(free TV and radio) is so much a need if we were to spread the popularity of collegiate basketball. The idea would be to get a level of awareness that the common folks like jeepney drivers, vendors and lower class people will know about what's happening in local basketball. Siguro for a start, it would be good if someone can do radio broadcast of the games, at least it is less expensive than TV then build on it

estor_boot
12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
dyRF covered live the CeSAFI 2007 finals Game 5 (am not sure about games 1-4).

thadzonline
12-07-2007, 04:48 PM
yeah, that's good and hopefully mas extensive ang coverage in the next years to come

Schortsanitis
12-16-2007, 11:22 AM
The CESAFI should get rid of that stup.... unnationalistic rule that players who play for the RP NT automatically lose their eligibility in that league.

a_ron
12-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Yes DYRF Did a live coverage during the Finals All The Games Anchored By Ike Durano II...BUt Sadly DYRF did that not because of CESAFi but because of USC which is manage and own by the SVD's which also manages the Station...T.V coverage will be a big help for the league to set awareness to the Fans and also for the respective school to encourage their students to watch the game. One way of doin that is to have a strong and competitive line-up, based on experiece way back when our P.E teachers ask us to watch the games we did watch the games but just for the sake of compling with the requirements for the reasons that back then the warriors cud hardly win their games.. But right now it its a different story the carolinian watch the games not just because of compling the requirments but to support the team coz the is very competitive...

thadzonline
12-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Ike Durano II covering a basketball game? whoa, that guy was my classmate in college. He's a smart guy, I never really thought he'd make it into broadcasting, he was somehow a quiet man back in the day.

amdgc82
03-07-2008, 10:46 PM
'Cesafi will continue to flourish' (http://sports.inquirer.net/cdnsports/cdnsports/view/20080307-123337/Cesafi-will-continue-to-flourish)
By Jonas Panerio
Cebu Daily News
First Posted 11:23:00 03/07/2008

CEBU Schools Athletic Foundation Inc. (Cesafi) commissioner Felix Tiukinhoyís term will officially end tomorrow, but he remains optimistic that Cebuís premier inter-collegiate league will continue to flourish in the coming seasons.

The Cesafi is coming off its finest season in its seven years of existence. However, one of the black-eyes to the league this year has been the pending resignation of Tiukinhoy which will take effect after the final day of the beach volleyball tournament.

The commissioner, who has been at his post for five years, resigned under dubious circumstances, after the controversy involving the dissolved Cesafi board resolution 01s.2007, which prohibited Cesafi teams from competing in other leagues without the blessings of their mother organization.

Tiukinhoy though was diplomatic regarding the sensitive issue during an interview at the SCOOP Forum at Baseline Restaurant.

ďAs far as Iím concerned, Iím not the commissioner anymore after yesterday but as far as the board is concerned, they still havenít approved my resignation so weíll have to wait and see,Ē said Tiukinhoy.

Tiukinhoy added that the Cesafi will continue to shine in spite of who is the commissioner. ďRegardless of who will be commissioner, the programs and plans are already in place. Itís just a matter of implementation. Iím really looking forward to a great tournament next seasonĒ said the commissioner.

The Third Force production which is headed by former PBA commissioner Noli Eala, plans to televise the Cesafi basketball games thru ABC-5.

Tiukinhoy divulged that he met with Eala last February 26 to discuss the plan. Though no formal proposal has been submitted, Eala is said to be looking at a three-year contract which will train the spotlight on Cebuís basketball players.

ankle breaker
03-08-2008, 12:30 AM
if CESAFI will have tv coverage, it will overshadow the other leagues i believe.

thadzonline
03-08-2008, 10:32 AM
I have info that some other entity is also interested in doing the coverage of the CeSAFI also through ABC-5, Im not sure if they are working with Thrid Force of they are an independent body themselves