PDA

View Full Version : University of San Carlos Warriors Fort

Pages : [1] 2

thadzonline
10-16-2007, 03:52 PM
University of San Carlos, back-to-back finalist and runner-up in the past 2 CESAFI Seasons take inspiration from the glory days of the USC Green and Gold Warriors of the era when Julian Macoy burned the hoops to national basketball scoring record of 126 points in 29 minutes and the era when one of the PBA's greatest players "El Presidente: Ramon Fernandez once donned green and gold.

Carolinian fans, this thread is for you.

yokam
10-16-2007, 06:37 PM
It might take some time before USC could once again regain the status they have reached in the past two seasons. Enrico Llanto and Niño Ramirez will no longer be playing for the Warriors next season and that would leave a very big void in the Warriors roster.

Anyway, Coach J-Ram and his troops has really done a great job in turning the USC Basketball team around. Who would've taught that the CESAFI's resident doormats were the ones who's going to challenge and give the league's mightiest team a big scare and a run for their title?

lady_warrior
10-17-2007, 08:32 AM
hala dapat sd mag english diri or tagalog?...heheh...

anyweiz..USC Warriors gave the UV green lancers a very hard time to get that championship once again...

there is still next year and hope that we can get the title next yr...

GO WARRIORS!!

-----------------------------------

OT: yokam and thadzonline, dark_phoenix here gikan istorya...heheh

thadzonline
10-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Its hard to imagine USC without its established stars 6-1 Niño Ramirez and 6-4 Enrico Llanto. Ramirez's departure may not be as hurting since the 6-2 Carlo Padayao has started to come into his own. Fil-Canadian recruit 6-2 Eddie Bakker showed he was however far from the level of Llanto. USC should put in place a good recruitment program to maintain their status as a legit contender in the CESAFI

OT: oist dark_phoenix a.k.a. lady_warrior, welcome to gameface.ph, mangharos ta diri..hehehe

lady_warrior
10-17-2007, 08:51 AM
^i love this forum...heheh...all about basket and basketball and basketball....heheh...

yokam
10-17-2007, 09:39 AM
USC really lacks height. Eddie Bakker is too small to fill in for Enrico Llanto's spot.

thadzonline
10-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Eddie Bakker is at least 2 inches shorter than Llanto, and he plays a game far below the level of Llanto, unless he transforms overnight. His development is a crucial factor to the Warrior' campaign next season

amdgc82
10-19-2007, 06:25 AM
Llanto and Ramirez: from buddies to USC power duo
By Marian C. Baring
Sun.Star Staff Reporter
Friday, October 19, 2007

THE just-concluded Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc (Cesafi) season was a fulfillment to a lifelong dream shared by two buddies, Enrico Llanto and Niño Ramirez of University of San Carlos Warriors.

The dream to defeat the imperial Lancers happened at the most opportune time as the two steered USC to beat the University of the Visayas twice in a championship series that could be their final year in collegiate basketball.

Though they eventually lost to UV, they gave the latter a run for their money as the Warriors stretched the Lancers to their limits in their best-of-five championship series before the Lancers won Game 5, 82-73.

How did you become friends?

Llanto– We felt an instant connection because we both had abnormal heights in grade school. We were the biggest and tallest kids in the classroom and at first we felt alienated and that was also the factor why we became friends.

When did you start playing competitive basketball together?

Ramirez- In Grade 5, Bogs (Llanto) and I wanted to play together in the SBP (Small Basketeers of the Philippines of Milo Best). But he was not accepted because he was too tall and he exceeded the height limit. I remembered him crying out loud when he wasn’t allowed to compete.

Llanto-We played together in Grade 6 in the Passerelle division until high school. We eventually parted ways in college.

How did college ball start out for you?

Ramirez– We still both went to Manila. I played for Ateneo and Bogs played for the University of the Philippines. But eventually, almost at the same time also, we went back to USC. Just months apart. For my part, I have foreseen that I did not have a future there that I could not finish school there that was why I decided to go home. I guess you could say USC is our home.

Llanto– I was just there a few months. When Niño was with Ateneo, I also wanted to go to Ateneo. So when he went home, I decided to go home also.

Ramirez-And when we came home, we were both bloated as we gained a lot of weight.

As friends and as basketball players, what were your goals?

Ramirez– Our main goal really was to defeat UV. Even just once. We had that mission in mind since we were in high school because we have not won against them ever.

Well, until this year, our last year. And we did it twice.

What makes your partnership on court click?

Ramirez – We share. We support each other. It is okay with me if he scored and it’s okay with him if I scored. We don’t fight and there is no jealousy between us.

Llanto– Off court, we cover each other up from girls, from our parents. (laughter) We are classmates so we also help each other out in that department.

What is at stake for you now that you have graduated?

Llanto – I can’t tell really. I’m still having second thoughts if I will still play next season. I have a whole year to think about it. (To be continued)

What about for you (Ramirez) now that you have used up all your playing years in the Cesafi?

Ramirez– I’m still waiting for a team to get me. So right now, I’m standing by for that. But while I’m at it, I will finish school so that I can graduate. I still have 20 units left.
Do you hope to get into the PBA or other commercial leagues? Or go into the corporate world?

Llanto– I’ll work but not here. Somewhere else but definitely not here. With regards to the PBA, the two of us will always have that dream. That has never gotten out of our sights, but we just want to make sure that we will have a fallback because we will never know what will happen in the future. We might have injuries like before so we really need to have a plan B. That’s why we were serious in our studies.

What have you observed about the support from your fellow students this year?

Llanto– We came from Manila and we all know how high the support system of each school were. And we felt that here this year.

Ramirez– The support is overwhelming. Most especially when Sir Saso brought his PE students to the games. That had really started the interest of the students for the team and we are very grateful of him.

Llanto– Before, we already had a group of supporters but we always lost so it became silent. Another reason for the support would be my good-looking teammates, who are the real crowd-drawers.

What about the administration’s support?

Llanto- They are very supportive. But in terms of the facilities, even allowances among other things, there is still room for improvement.

With Cesafi, what can you suggest to improve the league from the athlete’s point of view?

Ramirez–Next time, they should only let those who are going into classes play. We really felt that we were at the disadvantage because during Game 4 (where they still won), we came from the finals exams and we were exhausted, while our counterparts were very relaxed because all they think of is basketball.

Llanto- Cesafi officials should also improve. I know I would have no reasons to complain because they love me (he is two-time MVP), but I could not understand why they don’t like Niño. Imagine, for two straight years, they never included him in the mythical five. He is really good. Statistics-wise, he scored higher than me. It is not fair to him because he worked really hard this season.

Did you expect to win the MVP again this year?

Llanto- No because there were many good players. Also, in our team, it was Niño who did most of the scoring.

Do you have any regrets or things do you wish you can take back this season?

Ramirez – I speak for both of us, since our first year until our last year, we have no regrets. Lingaw kaayo mi sa among college basketball career. We do not want it any other way. (MCB)

thadzonline
10-19-2007, 07:38 AM
The Batman and robin connection for USC...I hope Llanto still plays next season

lady_warrior
10-19-2007, 07:42 AM
what year did llanto first played with the warriors?

amdgc82
10-19-2007, 09:07 AM

Enrico John Llanto's first year playing for USC Warriors was in 2002. In 2003, he did not play because of injury.

He will no longer be around next year.

yokam
10-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Basing it on his statements, Llanto is still eligible to play for another season for USC. But I really I doubt it if he'll do. He's PBL-bound.

fer15
10-19-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm new here..I'm also a Carolinian..i just would like to comment on what nino ramirez said in the interview..about them playing after their final exams while the players in the other team were sa relaxed..it's because we value education.. :) just like what llanto said..they never know what will happen in the future..they might have an injury that's why they always have plan b..their education..Good luck guyz..i still believe we can make it next year.. :)

yokam
10-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Plus the fact that being a basketball player is not really a long-term career. Basketball players are normally good for only about 10-15 years while some that are lucky enough reach about 20 years of playing, but after that it's all over. They're damn dead right, a fall back is not an option, it's a must. But players do have different outlooks in life.

Enrico Llanto and Niño Ramirez will surely go down among USC's Hall of Fame.

thadzonline
10-19-2007, 01:48 PM
yup Llanto is applying for the PBA draft...but that happens sometime in September/October when the CESAFI season is in its late stages so he can probably suit up for USC in the CESAFI which can run from June to early October, and then play in the PBL right after. Player Eligibility usually counts 5-6 years, so if its 6 years, Bogs has one more season left

fer15
10-19-2007, 03:07 PM
yup Llanto is applying for the PBA draft...but that happens sometime in September/October when the CESAFI season is in its late stages so he can probably suit up for USC in the CESAFI which can run from June to early October, and then play in the PBL right after. Player Eligibility usually counts 5-6 years, so if its 6 years, Bogs has one more season left

PBA draft or PBL?..

fer15
10-19-2007, 03:08 PM
i hope the other players will step up..

thadzonline
10-19-2007, 03:34 PM

PBA draft or PBL?..

PBL I mean, my bad

fer15
10-19-2007, 03:42 PM
did he really confirm that he'll be trying out for PBL?

yokam
10-19-2007, 04:37 PM
USC Warriors 2007

Bakker
Bercede
Blanes
Codilla
Ferraren
Hermosa
Igao
Joven
Lazalita
Llanto
Padayao
Padillo
Ramirez

Head Coach: Jesus Ramirez

lady_warrior
10-19-2007, 10:10 PM
^ako na si ferraren...lol...hahha...

imo fer15?...heheh :)

thadzonline
10-22-2007, 10:04 AM
USC is looking at recruiting at least 2 key reinforcements and seems to have 1 tall wingman in the bag come the VAAA

yokam
10-23-2007, 07:04 AM
I can't wait to see the USC Warriors this coming VAAA. I hope these guy/s won't turn to be a bust.hehehe

thadzonline
10-23-2007, 09:07 AM
only 1 of them is probably playing in the VAAA, not so sure yet though

thadzonline
10-23-2007, 09:10 AM
USC Warriors 2007

Eddie Bakker, Forward/Center, 6-2
Francis Luigi Bercede, guard, 5-8
James Ryan Blanes, center, 6-2
Robert Gines Codilla, center, 6-3
Earvin Dennis Ferraren, Forward, 6-0
Sam Jordan Hermosa, Guard/Forward, 6-0
Johmel Igao, Guard, 5-11
Paul Norman Joven, Guard, 5-10
Harvey Lazalita, Guard,
Enrico John Llanto, Center, 6-2
Ryan Carlo Padayao, Forward, 6-3
Giovanni Padillo, guard, 5-10
Niño Ramirez, Guard, 6-0

lady_warrior
10-23-2007, 09:30 AM
I can't wait to see the USC Warriors this coming VAAA. I hope these guy/s won't turn to be a bust.hehehe

they did pretty good last year...
they were eliminated by the cobras in last year's semis...

----------------------------------

@yokam: bercede's real name is LUIGI FRANCIS not Dan... :)

thadzonline
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
oist USC is also competing sa Unigames 2007 in Bacolod, check out the thread sa Mindanao and Visayas Varsity Scene Subforum for updates, USC won its first game against La Carlota City College 90-66

yokam
10-25-2007, 07:48 AM
USC is doing great so far and has a greater chance of cracking into the semifinals

thadzonline
10-25-2007, 10:16 AM
USC playing in the Unigames has a new 6-2 player in Joven Cortez, had 18 points against SFACS

yokam
10-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Unsa ang position ni Cortez?

thadzonline
10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Center, im not sure if he is really 6-2, maybe taller

a_ron
10-26-2007, 04:02 PM
i am very hapi na finally Carolianians are now in game face...pwede rata mag bisaya diri?

thadzonline
10-26-2007, 06:21 PM
hahaha, just like in interbasket, it would probably be best if we speak a language most forumers understand, kung magbinisaya, pakitranslate lang sad(translation: please translate your posts into a common language forumers understand)

canmaker
10-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Heard that Angeles University upset USC today by 1 point.

Sayang .. guapo unta ang dula --- Ateneo vs San Carlos

lady_warrior
10-27-2007, 01:56 PM
it was a bad call...mao toh naka pa pilde nila...
ngnau gud tawon sila mu foul nga sila man labaw....
sayang...

canmaker
10-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Aguy ... NABRO gihapon ???

=================

it was a bad call...mao toh naka pa pilde nila...
ngnau gud tawon sila mu foul nga sila man labaw....
sayang...

lady_warrior
10-28-2007, 07:29 AM
what is NABRO?

canmaker
10-28-2007, 09:59 AM
National BULOK Refs Org ...

==========

what is NABRO?

fer15
10-28-2007, 02:28 PM
yah..it was a bad call..the crowd evn booed the refs..disappointing lng jud au..

thadzonline
10-28-2007, 10:32 PM
no worries, we look forward to the Collegiate Champions League come November 10

lady_warrior
10-29-2007, 09:32 AM
^november 10?!...niya ang VAAA?....dibah november 9?>.. ??? ???

thadzonline
10-29-2007, 06:54 PM
From the USC Coach, he said they are still awaiting approval from the school and are not yet sure if they are going to play in the CCL...Even UAAP champions DLSU is still not committed to play in the CCL

amdgc82
11-07-2007, 06:37 AM
http://cesafibasketballnews.blogspot.com/2007/11/fil-aussie-walk-on-impresses-usc.html

Fil-Aussie Walk-on Impresses USC Warriors Coaches
Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Jetlagged and with very little sleep, Fil-Australian Emel Rowe was running all over the Anselmo Bustos Sports Center basketball court on his first day of practice with the University of San Carlos Warriors. Rowe arrived from Melbourne, Australia yesterday and went straight to the USC Athletics Office from the airport. Less than 24 hours later, he reported for practice and didn't seem like he just came in a flight from a different timezone, 3 hours ahead of Philippine time.

Coaches Impressed

USC Basketball director Mike Reyes and head coach Jay Ramirez wore wide grins while supervising the drills. They were all praises for their prized find.

"Magaling to", quipped Mike Reyes, "magagamit kaagad, tsaka marunong dumepensa. In two years, pwede na sa PBA yan".

During the morning drills, they let him play the post and the wing and he was impressive. In one offensive drill, he dribbled the full length of the court and outsprinted everyone. He has good shooting form and appears to hit shots in streaks.

"Maganda yung fundamentals, pag may tumira, nakaboxout kaagad", adds Reyes referring to Rowe's good grip of the basics.

Smart Player

Rowe impressed Reyes and Ramirez with his superb conditioning, high basketball IQ and work ethic. He was a real workhorse, coachable and in great physical shape.

"Murag di kaila og kapoy bataa", says an elated Ramirez, "ganiha pa gud na siya sa Under-21 team nag practice, sige pa gihapon o". (He doesn't seem to get tired, he was already doing the drills with the Under-21 team and look, he's still at it)

Ramirez also relates that Rowe is easy to coach. In a defensive drill that normally takes a newcomer one week to assimilate, Rowe comprehended it right the first time he was told to do it.

Cebuano Roots

Emel Rowe is the son of the former Emily Lupiga, a native of Consolacion, Cebu. When he was 10, Emel attended the Sotero B. Cabahug Forum for Literacy. While he was on vacation last December 2006, he was asking his mom to let him talk to the coach but never got the chance. He also considered playing for Ateneo de Manila but didn't push through with his plans when he learned he had to sit out two seasons and have one year left to play.

Project Epsilon

Getting Emel Rowe to Cebu was a recruiting effort by USC students and alumni informally dubbed and popularly referred to as "Project Epsilon" at the istorya.net forums.

High Spirits

Emel Rowe brought in high energy in the USC Warriors morning drills and everyone were in high spirits while he was around. His work ethic rubbed off on the other Warriors. Everyone was all smiles and upbeat including the coaches and the curious crowd that gathered.

After practice, point guard Paul Joven shot at Eddie Bakker in jest, "Hey Eddie, next year, we're going to be champions".

yokam
11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
It won't take that long before Emel Rowe will get used to USC's system immediately. He's so coachable, Mike Reyes and Jay Ramirez are really impressed by him.

thadzonline
11-07-2007, 10:06 AM
It won't take that long before Emel Rowe will get used to USC's system immediately. He's so coachable, Mike Reyes and Jay Ramirez are really impressed by him.

maybe he already did, mas nagagawa pa nga niya ng tama yung drills compared sa mga mainstays..hahaha...even yung PGnila si Joven, ganadong ganado

yokam
11-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Carolinians, what's your assessment about Emel Rowe? Is he good or really good? ;D

thadzonline
11-08-2007, 09:58 PM
has he made a decision already?

eto yung article sa CDN:

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudailynews/sports/view_article.php?article_id=99610

Six-ft-four Fil-Aussie considers joining USC

By Jonas Panerio
Cebu Daily News
Last updated 12:02pm (Mla time) 11/08/2007

CEBU CITY, Philippines - After falling short of capturing their first-ever title in the Cesafi basketball wars, two-time runners-up, University of San Carlos Warriors may have finally found the missing piece of their championship puzzle.

And this could come in the form of 20-year old Fil-Australian guard Emel Rowe, who has been training with the Warriors during his vacation here in Cebu and is reportedly very interested in joining USC’s fold in hopes of eventually hurdling the hump that has stopped them from claiming the Cesafi basketball crown.

The 6-foot-4 guard and shooting forward, whose mother Emely Lupiga Rowe, hails from Consolacion, is intent on playing for the Warriors as he hopes that the school’s fundamentally sound basketball program can help him realize his dream of making it into the Philippine Basketball League and hopefully, the Philippine Basketball Association.

“I haven’t really followed much of Cebu basketball or even much of Philippine basketball but I have done some fair amount of research about it and I’ve liked what I’ve learned so far,” said Rowe in an exclusive interview with Cebu Daily News, while the youngster was watching the MVBA game between the M. Lhuillier Jewelers and the Holcim Pryce Misamis Oriental.

The lanky forward has also been able to talk to USC head coach Jay Ramirez and basketball consultant Mike Reyes. He has also been able to practice with USC’s teams A and B last Tuesday.

“Enrico (Llanto) is massive! It was a really good run for me, being able to play with the team and see what I can do and where I can fit in,” added Rowe who in Australia, plays in the Big V Division 2 League. He has also trained with the Melbourne Tigers, a powerhouse team in the Australian National Basketball League.

Rowe also asserted that if he really were to decide on playing in Cebu, it would be for no other school but USC.

The youngster also acknowledged that he still needs to work on his perimeter shooting and physical defense. “I want to become an animal. If I can continue to develop as a player and I make that jump together with the rest of the team, then we can really be competitive,” said Rowe.

“He’s very athletic and has a very high basketball IQ. Fit kaayo siya sa among team,” said USC head coach Jay Ramirez.

USC head coach Jay Ramirez said he was very impressed with the things that he has seen with Rowe and that he will do whatever he can to help him reach the national stage.

a_ron
11-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Saw him in Practice last Wedsday nothing impressive thou he has the height think he is 6'4 the most, still very small compare to the frontline of the Lancers who Got Bigger and More Stronger this year...But i hope the best for the Golden Warriors who knows we can still BE a surprise for CesAFI even minus Llanto and Ramirez...

thadzonline
11-08-2007, 11:07 PM
FYI, I have confirmed from coach Jay that Llanto is playing for one more year

As to Emel Rowe, I dont really know how well he did last Wednesday but when I was there Tuesday, coach Jay and coach Mike wore very wide grins. Lets put it in categories:

How hard does he work? What does he do when others take a break? Does he work harder than the rest?

How well does he absorb coaches' instructions?

How do you describe his stamina and conditioning?

How good is he at basic skills like passing, ballhandling, shooting, moving without the ball? How far is his range?

How fast is he? What kind of positions is he capable of playing?

I know, if you had this guide, you would have said something else...my opinion lang

thadzonline
11-09-2007, 11:38 AM
USC Fil-Aussie Emel Rowe has already signified he will be a Warrior. Apparently, a meeting with the USC administrators will take place today to iron out some details like insurances, board and lodging, allowances.

Konting plantsa na lang and Emel Rowe will soon be a USC Warrior, officially.

yokam
11-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Technically a very good replacement for Niño Ramirez. Will Ramirez still suit up for the VAAA event?

thadzonline
11-09-2007, 01:25 PM
I havent seen Niño in their practice last Tuesday..maganda sana if we can see Llanto, Ramirez, Padayao and Rowe play together..especially if they match up against UV..

USC will go on a Manila tour this coming December, this should be a good exposure and learning experience for the team going up against UAAP and NCAA teams

thadzonline
11-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Emel Rowe is officially a Warrior!!!!

a_ron
11-10-2007, 04:39 PM
HAHAHa I can no longer watch the practice of the warriors coz
.....I am no longer with the USC of college of law...

amdgc82
11-12-2007, 05:36 AM
USC’s basketball prodigy is also classroom captain
Sunstar Cebu
Monday, November 12, 2007

SORTEST among the boys, but a trustworthy captain ball.

Thirteen-year-old Bradlet Bacaltos earned his coach’s trust to lead the University of San Carlos’s basketball team and his consistent scoring kept him the post.

The Future Basketball League’s (FBL) captain ball, from the USC-South Campus team, Bradley Bacaltos, says “Height is not a hindrance to be a good basketball player. It’s not the height that matters, it’s how you play the game.”

Five years of serious basketball, and he had proven his mettle as an MVP title holder, earning accolades as “Best in Dribbling” and “Best in Layup”.

Last Saturday, Bacaltos led the USC-SC Warriors into beating Royal Oaks during the midget game of the opening of FBL at the Don Bosco campus.

Last March, Bacaltos was also one of the representatives for the Central Visayas Regional Athletic Association (CVIRAA) held in Dumaguete City and won the championship game.

Inspired by his former coach, Benjun Mendoza, he dreams to be one of the best basketball players like his idol Tracy McGrady.

At a very young age, he has made his family proud not only because of his performance in his games but of his performance in school as well.

Despite the tight schedule and heavy practices, he has managed his time and made it to the Cream Section, which is exclusive for outstanding students.

He managed to balance his time for his studies and basketball with the help of his parents who always remind him to study before and after practices.

His mother, Alma Bacaltos, who says she is his son’s number one fan, makes sure she is present in every game that he plays.

Before every game, his mother reminds him to be humble, confident, to be at his best and to pray even in the middle of the game.

Basketball runs in the family. Two other sons share the same interest. His older brother, Michael (15), has played with Bradley in the same team but had to stop because of an injury. The same happened with Bradley, but according to him, “I can still play slowly and I don’t want to miss practice and I want to show my coach that I am willing to sacrifice for the team.”

His coach, the former MVP of the USC basketball team, Cristophel Abellana, sees Bradley as someone important to the team since he is a good player, smart, well-disciplined, and Bradley knows his game well.

Coach Abellana believes that with Bradley’s skills, his dreams as a basketball star will come true.

In the seven years of mentoring, Abellana has shared his joys and has always been proud of the team and players like Bacaltos because of his dedication.

Right now, the coach is looking forward to a better and improved performance from Bacaltos as the captain ball of their team this month. (Grace Pecaoco, STC MassComm)

amdgc82
11-13-2007, 07:21 AM
Another Fil-Aussie?
Cebu Daily News
Last updated 04:06pm (Mla time) 11/12/2007

CEBU CITY, Philippines - The search for the final piece in the puzzle of the University of San Carlos (USC) Warriors’ elusive bid for its first title in the Cesafi cage wars have prodded them to look far and away for it.

In this case, the land down under, Australia, where a few days after officially signing 6-foot-4 guard Fil-Australian guard Emel Rowe, USC is now looking at the possibility of adding yet again another Fil-Australian to their fold in the person of 6-foot-2 guard PJ Estorque.

Estorque, a former teammate of Rowe in the Melbourne Metropolitan Basketball League, is a 21-year-old guard whose mother hails from Pampanga and whose father comes from the Visayas region.

According to a USC alumnus who is currently in talks with Estorque for his possible recruitment to the Warriors, the wily guard wants to follow in the footsteps of Rowe, who has already reportedly agreed to play for USC.

Both players are bent on making the national scene next year, first off with the Philippine Basketball League.

Both were also heavily wooed by the Ateneo De Manila University Blue Eagles but Rowe and Estorque balked at the possibility after learning that they had to sit out two years before being able to suit up, because of the stringent UAAP rules regarding transferees.

Estorque, though, is still trying to make a decision while at the same time, finishing his degree in Finance Statistics from Monesh University in Australia. /Correspondent Jonas Panerio

thadzonline
11-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Emel Rowe will not play in the VAAA...so we look forward to the next CESAFI instead

thadzonline
11-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Technically a very good replacement for Niño Ramirez. Will Ramirez still suit up for the VAAA event?

Nino Ramirez saw action in their tuneup game with m lhullier 11/15/2007, apparently that is the USC lineup they will use in the vaaa

starters:
C 6-2 blanes
F 6-1 llanto
F 5-8 ferraren
G 6-0 ramirez
G 5-10 joven

thadzonline
11-16-2007, 01:23 AM
USC Warriors 2007(VAAA Lineup)

Eddie Bakker, Power Forward, 6-2
Francis Luigi Bercede, shooting guard, 5-8
James Ryan Blanes, Power forward, 6-2
Earvin Dennis Ferraren, shooting guard, 5-8
Sam Jordan Hermosa, Shooting Guard, 6-0
Johmel Igao, point Guard/shooting guard, 5-11
Enrico John Llanto, Center/Power forward, 6-1
Giovanni Padillo, shooting guard, 5-10
Niño Ramirez, shooting Guard, 6-0
Joven Cid Cortes, center/power forward, 6-0
Gene Noel Gallarde, shooting guard, 6-0
Jacques Andre Bautista, point guard/shooting guard, 5-9

yokam
11-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Carlo Padayao suited up for USC in the VAAA.

thadzonline
11-19-2007, 07:01 AM
USC lost to SWU 86-78, thanks to the steady hand and experience of point guard Elvid Polegrates who teamed up with Eric Zanoria in the last minute to put the game away with about 33 seconds left. Game was close until the last 51 seconds when Paul Joven missed a three point attempt from the left corner. The game exposed the immaturity of USC's backup point guards..Polegrates took Jacques Bautista to school while it was clear Johmel Igao was not a point guard..Clefford Maguate also imposed his will inside exposing USC's weakness in the interior

ankle breaker
11-24-2007, 04:13 AM
USC Warriors 2007(VAAA Lineup)

Eddie Bakker, Power Forward, 6-2
Francis Luigi Bercede, shooting guard, 5-8
James Ryan Blanes, Power forward, 6-2
Earvin Dennis Ferraren, shooting guard, 5-8
Sam Jordan Hermosa, Shooting Guard, 6-0
Johmel Igao, point Guard/shooting guard, 5-11
Enrico John Llanto, Center/Power forward, 6-1
Giovanni Padillo, shooting guard, 5-10
Niño Ramirez, shooting Guard, 6-0
Joven Cid Cortes, center/power forward, 6-0
Gene Noel Gallarde, shooting guard, 6-0
Jacques Andre Bautista, point guard/shooting guard, 5-9

this is a very small lineup. no wonder they got clobbered in the last university games and the games against the cobras. is it true they are also eyeing a 6-9 fil am? i think llanto can still next year's CESAFI, right?

thadzonline
11-24-2007, 06:10 PM
@ankle breaker:

Llanto is still suiting up for his last year in the CeSAFI as confirmed by head coach Jay Ramirez to me and yes I heard Jayrams and the dad of one USC player talk about that 6'9" Fil-am guy

yokam
11-26-2007, 12:57 PM
USC's strength is not in numbers but in unity. Though they're smaller compared to other teams, they can still pull games off because they work as a team, they work as one. I seldom see USC playing and going on one on one type of basketball compared to other teams. Other than that, they're also the most consistent and accurate outside shooting team in Cebu colleges, a result of good team play which leaves a lot of shooters wide open.

But not too fast, USC will be having a 6'4 guard/forward for next season in CESAFI. That's a big upgrade in their small line-up and a big impact considering that he can also shoot and play the wing. If the Warriors can have the 6'9 prospect in the bag, then for sure USC will give all the other teams a run for their money. They can even give UV a lot better competition and who knows, maybe dethrone the Green Lancers for the first time.

thadzonline
11-26-2007, 03:29 PM
not only that aside from Rowe and the 6'9" center, they may also add another 6'6" center to upsize their pivot position..and in the next VAAA also look to add a 6'1" spitfire if things go as planned

ryanniex
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
It might take some time before USC could once again regain the status they have reached in the past two seasons. Enrico Llanto and Niño Ramirez will no longer be playing for the Warriors next season and that would leave a very big void in the Warriors roster.

Anyway, Coach J-Ram and his troops has really done a great job in turning the USC Basketball team around. Who would've taught that the CESAFI's resident doormats were the ones who's going to challenge and give the league's mightiest team a big scare and a run for their title?

"enrico john llanto has still one more year for the next season po......"

hope you keep on supporting on the warriors... god bless!!!!

ryanniex
11-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Its hard to imagine USC without its established stars 6-1 Niño Ramirez and 6-4 Enrico Llanto. Ramirez's departure may not be as hurting since the 6-2 Carlo Padayao has started to come into his own. Fil-Canadian recruit 6-2 Eddie Bakker showed he was however far from the level of Llanto. USC should put in place a good recruitment program to maintain their status as a legit contender in the CESAFI

OT: oist dark_phoenix a.k.a. lady_warrior, welcome to gameface.ph, mangharos ta diri..hehehe

: i hope we can have a good program if the alumni will support us. only niño ramirez will be gone next yr and harvery lazalita, i guess also dennis earvin ferraren and ryan carlo padayao also coz of academic problems...

always support the warriors!!!!! thanks god blesss

ryanniex
11-27-2007, 08:50 PM

Enrico John Llanto's first year playing for USC Warriors was in 2002. In 2003, he did not play because of injury.

He will no longer be around next year.

enrico llanto has still one last yr. and as what he says to me he will still play for us for the next yr. of the cesafi

ankle breaker
11-28-2007, 03:47 AM
anybody know the name of that 6'6" and 6'9" prospect of USC? that sounds so intriguing to me. if that's the case, then USC will be shooin to dethrone UV next year.

thadzonline
11-28-2007, 07:46 PM
PM'ed you ankle breaker..yung 6'6" is a friend of Paul Joven, USC's PG, kaso he has a small tear in his ACL he is resting as of the moment

ankle breaker
11-28-2007, 10:31 PM
PM'ed you ankle breaker..yung 6'6" is a friend of Paul Joven, USC's PG, kaso he has a small tear in his ACL he is resting as of the moment

yeah got your message and already sent a reply. if the 6'6" guy has a small ACL tear then that would be a hindrance in his part. the could mean USC will hesitate to take him in since he might not be able to suit up for the team on time. what's his change in getting the USC lineup, is it slim or he has a good chance of making the cut?

AnthonyServinio
11-28-2007, 10:39 PM

yeah got your message and already sent a reply. if the 6'6" guy has a small ACL tear then that would be a hindrance in his part. the could mean USC will hesitate to take him in since he might not be able to suit up for the team on time. what's his change in getting the USC lineup, is it slim or he has a good chance of making the cut?

* * *THE problem with the ACL injury, it has to be operated upon regardless of whether it is a partial or full tear, thus an automatic six-month vacation at the very least.

* * *Some doctors and therapists though have prescribed specific strengthening excerises around the knee and quadricep area but in the long run, an operation will do the athlete better.

thadzonline
11-28-2007, 10:42 PM
am not sure, haven't seen the kid play. It was Paul who talked to me about it

thadzonline
11-28-2007, 10:44 PM

THE problem with the ACL injury, it has to be operated upon regardless of whether it is a partial or full tear, thus an automatic six-month vacation at the very least.

Some doctors and therapists though have prescribed specific strengthening excerises around the knee and quadricep area but in the long run, an operation will do the athlete better.

yeah, this is true..sadly, from what Paul mentioned, he is just resting it..I hope he realizes he needs an operation no matter how small that tear is

ankle breaker
11-29-2007, 01:02 AM
if USC is interested in him, then that's their call. they should shoulder his medical expenses.

thadzonline
11-29-2007, 07:44 AM
that's the problem, USC doesn't just spend too much for athletics..especially if they haven't seen the guy play yet..Even Emel Rowe who already impressed the coaches in scrimmages had to have a few meet-ups with the priests just to iron out what benefits will be given to him

ankle breaker
11-29-2007, 10:37 PM
the coaches and other parties involve should present a strong case and evidence to fr. rod salazar. i think that's a good convincing factor if they are really interested. carolinians are now starting to embrace the team not like before that they don't care at all since they know USC is a very bad team. there were so many good players before but transferred to other schools because they hate lossing a game without a fight. the likes of mark cotelo, james relampagos, patrick cabahug and more.

thadzonline
11-30-2007, 07:23 PM
It doesn't take overnight, but slowly, USC admin is also starting to open up...They evaluated Emel Rowe's request and although the allowances aint too big, one thing good about USC is they have real coaches, not just PE teachers tapped to coach the team..The kind of coaches and the kind of camaraderie within the USC team meant a lot to Emel..He really had much fun while training with the Warriors

ryanniex
12-04-2007, 10:28 PM
if USC is interested in him, then that's their call. they should shoulder his medical expenses.

gud pm... wla na mi idea if wer na ang 6'6 nga ge mention sa nyo ni paul jovs but yup sauna naa pro its imposible coz wla jud to cya ni duwa sa team coz na njured ra...

we have a new player that ni try out sa amoa he is a fil.am pt. guard but i dont know if amo cya kuhaon coz i dont think he knows basketball coz wla sa iyang ang porma na pang basketball mura dli kamao mo duwa ug basketball. i just meet him kanina sa practice cousin sa bestfriend ni gino gallarde..

ankle breaker
12-05-2007, 04:26 AM
that's a sad news to the warriors fans and to the carolinian community.

thadzonline
12-05-2007, 08:06 AM
oist coach Ryan, kaw diay na..hehe..kinsa na bag-o? kadto nang French guy? taas? Di na mao ang gi mention sa dad ni Gino Gallarde nga fil-am center? PM niya ko nimo

amdgc82
12-13-2007, 05:36 AM
Pages: Fr. Vic Uy: Philippine Sports Chaplain
By John Pages
Match Point
Thursday, December 13, 2007
www.sunstar.com.ph

CONGRATULATIONS to Cebu’s very own Fr. Vicente Uy for being appointed yesterday as the executive director of the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC).

Next to PSC Chairman Butch Ramirez, his position wields the most power.

But Fr. Vic, one of the humblest people I’ve met, is not overawed. In an interview, he told Manila Bulletin’s Nick Giongco: “I don’t look at it as a position of power.”

At 7:15 p.m. yesterday, I got the chance to talk to Fr. Vic for a few minutes. I congratulated him and asked how his day went. “It’s only my second day so, as expected, I was very busy,” he said over the phone. “I’m at the airport now to welcome our SEA Games athletes who are returning home.”

I’ve known Fr. Vic Uy for many years now and it’s hard to find a nicer person. Here in Cebu, he yielded influence. At the University of San Carlos, he held one of the school’s highest positions as VP for Finance. To relinquish his role, he sought the permission of USC President Fr. Rod Salazar.

“I asked for a ‘leave of absence’ from USC,” I recall Fr. Vic, 58, telling me a few months back. “And good thing my colleagues at USC understood my mission to help RP sports.”

Here in Cebu, apart from his huge responsibility at USC, he was regional head of the PSC. During the 23rd SEA Games two years ago, he was overall chairperson of the Volunteers Committee.

Fr. Vic Uy’s favorite sport?

Tennis. I got the chance to play doubles with him a few times. Once, at the USC Main Campus court, we rallied against the pride of USC, the Siso siblings (Nino, Sally Mae, and Sallydine). On another occasion, we played doubles at the Casino Español. I remember that as memorable because we came from behind (trailing 4-7, I believe) before winning in a tiebreak.

When asked by Giongco if he’s aware of his big responsibility at the PSC, Fr. Vic responded in his usual no-nonsense but effective way: “As long as you uphold the law and do what is right, I don’t see any problem that will come our way.”

How about saying Mass? Is he still allowed?

“Under normal circumstances,” wrote Giongco, “Uy is not allowed to celebrate Mass but he is armed with a document from the head of the Catholic Church to continue holding services ‘only for the athletes.’” And so celebrate mass he did for the athletes.

“When I was in Thailand, I held Mass for three straight days with the athletes and officials,” said Fr. Vic. “The first was on the first Friday of the month, Immaculate Conception and Sunday in the presence of athletes, coaches and officials from the PSC and POC.”

For with Fr. Vic Uy, the PSC has one man with many talents: a proven leader, trustworthy servant, tennis-loving athlete, and, best of all, RP sports’ spiritual adviser.

ryanniex
12-14-2007, 08:51 AM
oist coach Ryan, kaw diay na..hehe..kinsa na bag-o? kadto nang French guy? taas?* Di na mao ang gi mention sa dad ni Gino Gallarde nga fil-am center? PM niya ko nimo

wla naman nabalik ang kato gi dala nga fil.am ni gino black guy nga point guard ang posistion, den c rowe mga mid feb or march pa to mabalik ga talk man me a2 iya pa gi kuha iya papers den dli pa man cya makaduwa so ad2 sa cya sa austrilia mo duwa para pa condition lang aron inig baliik fit naa cya sa condition...

thadzonline
12-14-2007, 09:09 AM
unsay pangalan anang black na point guard? Si Emel kay tua na Australia but wala pa siya balik training kay nagsakit man to pag gikan diri, but yeah he told me nga mobalik siya once he has his filipino passport and high school records. Ako gusto mahibaw-an if nakumbinsir ba sa dad ni Gino kadtong 6'9" nga Fil-am nakit-an niya. Next year sad mga September, maabot si PJ Estorque kadtong best friend ni Rowe, dad-on niya to nako diha sa USC

ryanniex
12-20-2007, 02:22 AM
unsay pangalan anang black na point guard? Si Emel kay tua na Australia but wala pa siya balik training kay nagsakit man to pag gikan diri, but yeah he told me nga mobalik siya once he has his filipino passport and high school records. Ako gusto mahibaw-an if nakumbinsir ba sa dad ni Gino kadtong 6'9" nga Fil-am nakit-an niya. Next year sad mga September, maabot si PJ Estorque kadtong best friend ni Rowe, dad-on niya to nako diha sa USC

cge2x coz in need kaau me for the next yr gud, about the black guy wla naman ni balik, den dehado pud ta sa skills ato dli pareha ni rowe nga 1st palang nmo tan.aw maka ingon dayon gyud ka ug maau nga player naay sense sa basketball... i hope mo abot na ang imu gi ingon nga c estorque hopefully maka ari cya ug duwa nga wat month man kaha na siya sir?

about sa gi ingon nga 6'9 w;a man koy na dungog cge lang kung unsa mga improvements sa team ako dayon tka pahibaw.on basta for now we need a good shooter a pure shooter i mean and a 1 big guy...

take care god blesss!!!!

thadzonline
12-20-2007, 01:24 PM

cge2x coz in need kaau me for the next yr gud, about the black guy wla naman ni balik, den dehado pud ta sa skills ato dli pareha ni rowe nga 1st palang nmo tan.aw maka ingon dayon gyud ka ug maau nga player naay sense sa basketball... i hope mo abot na ang imu gi ingon nga c estorque hopefully maka ari cya ug duwa nga wat month man kaha na siya sir?

about sa gi ingon nga 6'9 w;a man koy na dungog cge lang kung unsa mga improvements sa team ako dayon tka pahibaw.on basta for now we need a good shooter a pure shooter i mean and a 1 big guy...

take care god blesss!!!!

lisod ipangita ug big guy, c Estorque mga September pa hinuon to maabot so dili na kaduwa sa CeSAFI, but sa VAAA na 3rd season na. However, I am also in touch with one Fil-am guard, 6'0" can play SF/SG/PG..nindot ug shooting, abot ug 25 feet ang range and then nindot sad iya points and rebounding numbers from High School, he was born in Olongapo and iya mom is from Bacolod but like Rowe, mas nahan sa Cebu kay duwa dayon..ako niya PM nimo ako celphone number

ankle breaker
12-25-2007, 10:17 AM
nagpower up jud diay ang USC for next season. grabe na ni. magkayamokat jud ang UV ani.

thadzonline
12-31-2007, 08:37 PM
naka exchange na diay mi messages atong 6'9 guy...di daw interesado duwa basket diri pinas

ryanniex
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM

take care god blesss!!!!

lisod ipangita ug big guy, c Estorque mga September pa hinuon to maabot so dili na kaduwa sa CeSAFI, but sa VAAA na 3rd season na. However, I am also in touch with one Fil-am guard, 6'0" can play SF/SG/PG..nindot ug shooting, abot ug 25 feet ang range and then nindot sad iya points and rebounding numbers from High School, he was born in Olongapo and iya mom is from Bacolod but like Rowe, mas nahan sa Cebu kay duwa dayon..ako niya PM nimo ako celphone number

cge2x e get in touch lang ko thadz.... ei thanks for helping us ha, maningkamot mi tanan ug maau aron lang makaabot ta sa championship ug aron pud matagaan ato mga players ug nindot pud nga future... i hope nga mangabot nang mga player nga imu gi ingon. kami dri sa san carlos thankfull kaau ana nga development if hopefully ari na cla namo... basta thadz we will do our best to grab the championship trophy...

ingatz, god bless ug thank you!!!!!

thadzonline
01-05-2008, 09:46 AM
nakaistorya na diay ko atong 6'9 nga giingon sa dad ni Gino, dili man daw siya interesado moduwa diri Pinas pero ako gi ingnan if ever makadrop by cya Cebu, pwede siya join USC practice.

thadzonline
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
coach yan, naay moabot from Siquijor ig ka february, 6'1" dako ayu og lawas kinahanglan lang ipatone ug ipolish sad ang game.

ryanniex
01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
coach yan, naay moabot from Siquijor ig ka february, 6'1" dako ayu og lawas kinahanglan lang ipatone ug ipolish sad ang game.

cge unsaon tka pag contact?

e txt ko... 09179026225

salamat god bless

pm ko nmo unya... work sa ko

thadzonline
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
okies...expect February naay duha moabot

ryanniex
01-08-2008, 12:04 AM

sori ha wla ko ka rply sa imu txt pro ako 2 nadawat...

hehehehe tawagan lang tka sa imu sun puhon if maka lugar2x nko bz2x pa man gud ko gamay karon gud...

kinsay maabot february thadz?

ryanniex
01-08-2008, 12:05 AM

wla kay na hearingan dra nga mga player sa manila nga gkan high school mobalhin dri sa cbu?

pareha ni bautista...?

ako man nka kita ana gud mao gi bingwit daun nko hehehehe.....

thadzonline
01-08-2008, 08:34 AM

sori ha wla ko ka rply sa imu txt pro ako 2 nadawat...

hehehehe tawagan lang tka sa imu sun puhon if maka lugar2x nko bz2x pa man gud ko gamay karon gud...

kinsay maabot february thadz?

ako ra i text nimo ayaw lang diri kay public kaayo..

wla kay na hearingan dra nga mga player sa manila nga gkan high school mobalhin dri sa cbu?

pareha ni bautista...?

ako man nka kita ana gud mao gi bingwit daun nko hehehehe.....

mangita ta..

ankle breaker
01-09-2008, 03:15 AM
nakaistorya na diay ko atong 6'9 nga giingon sa dad ni Gino, dili man daw siya interesado moduwa diri Pinas pero ako gi ingnan if ever makadrop by cya Cebu, pwede siya join USC practice.

asa man siya interisado? basin di kahibalo moduwa ug basket?

thadzonline
01-09-2008, 07:34 AM

asa man siya interisado? basin di kahibalo moduwa ug basket?

If wala gani sya ma recruit sa US, basin di jud kahibawo moduwa ug basket hehe

ankle breaker
01-17-2008, 10:26 PM
sayang to iyang height oi. ako palang ang naka height ug ing ana. tua nako sa nba ron. superstar nata ko. ;D

thadzonline
01-18-2008, 09:57 AM
hahaha..coach Ryan, nitubag na ang usa ka Fil-am, mo text ra niya ko nimo and re: the PG, by March to siya..a coach from Singapore will also drop by February, told Jayrams and coach Mike about it already

ryanniex
01-21-2008, 07:42 PM
hahaha..coach Ryan, nitubag na ang usa ka Fil-am, mo text ra niya ko nimo and re: the PG, by March to siya..a coach from Singapore will also drop by February, told Jayrams and coach Mike about it already

thazd..... cge2x, then maabot to ang taga siquijor by feb....?

thadzonline
01-22-2008, 12:39 AM
uhmm, ako pa try ug contact balik ang taga siquijor, wa naman nitubag balik..and the Fil-am kid from North Carolina sad..

btw, Ive read about JP Cruz and Alfred Vitug..are they any good?

amdgc82
01-22-2008, 06:18 AM
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/01/22/sports/call.for.more.slaughters..html

Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Call for more 'Slaughters'

FOLLOWING the sensation brought about by Filipino-American Gregory Slaughter to the Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc. (Cesafi), other schools are intensifying their recruitment process are extending this to other countries.

Last week, two Fil-Ams from Guam arrived in Cebu and are currently training with the University of San Carlos preparing to solidify the USC Warriors’ arsenal for the 2008 season of the Cesafi.

USC head coach Jay Ramirez told Sun.Star Cebu yesterday that their new recruits JP Cruz and Alfred Vitog are additions to USC’s crumbling lineup.

The two were recruited by US-based Peter Jao, Ramirez’s brother in-law, who was with him during their stint with the RP team.

USC’s star guard Niño Ramirez had used all of his playing years, leaving a whole in USC’s offensive front, while other dependable players Earvin Ferraren, Carlo Padayao and Harvey Lasalita will not be playing this season.

In Niño’s absence, however, Vitog will take his place. “Vitog, who can play the point and shooting guard positions, will be a huge factor in our back court,” said Jay, Niño’s father.

Ramirez added that he feels more confident that his team is beefed up by these Fil-Ams who are more experienced compared to his younger squad.

Both players have played in a commercial league in Guam and, according to Ramirez, are used to playing against bigger and more physical players that Cesafi will not be such a hard thing for them.

Vitog and Cruz are actually the second batch of recruits by USC. They earlier tapped Aussies Emel Rowe, PJ Estorque. Rowe, however, was eyed by Ateneo de Manila University and now trains under head coach Norman Black. Estorque will be arriving before the first semester starts.

For other schools, like Southwestern University, athletic director Ryan Aznar said that they are merely waiting for their alumni and contacts abroad to give them recommendations.

Cesafi commissioner Felix Tiukinhoy said that this is the growing trend among the collegiate basketball nowadays even in Manila.

“They are bigger players and more experienced and they will surely be a big help in a team,” said Tiukinhoy.

He added that it is a welcomed development as it will improve the level of competition among schools.

“However, we cannot deny that for other schools, they are more concerned in making students out of basketball players and not basketball players of students. They see things differently and their process of recruitment is different,” said Tiukinhoy. (MCB)

ryanniex
01-22-2008, 03:28 PM
uhmm, ako pa try ug contact balik ang taga siquijor, wa naman nitubag balik..and the Fil-am kid from North Carolina sad..

btw, Ive read about JP Cruz and Alfred Vitug..are they any good?

thadz sori wla daun ko ka rply nmo...

yup naa me bag.o nga fil.am they are good..... shooters and slashers...

sultian lang tka later naa man gud me game karon 5pm..

chao

thadzonline
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
coach yan, USC's recruitment is getting more interesting, last night while i was surfing naa ni message nako kalit 6'2 guy from California plays C/PF/SF, 17 years old and parents are from Cavite plans to play college ball after graduating in high school..kaso he wont be available until June 15, mao na iya date of graduation but he is a nice prospect for the 3rd VAAA season and CeSAFI 2009..sa kadaghan sa available talent in USC's pool now(naa pa ang San Jan brothers), pwede maghimo na lang ug Team B..hehe

yokam
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm back to Gameface mga bords..hehe

How's the game against USJ-R?

A lot of new prospects for USC and for sure all, if not most of them will be of good caliber. USC's future is looking good so far. A championship maybe for CeSAFI 2008?

thadzonline
01-22-2008, 09:17 PM
di nako unhan, but yes, the well of talent never seem to run dry..and now naa na sad ni YM nako a 5'10 PG/SG also from California..daghan na au guards but we need big men..USJ-R dominated in the paint earlier beating USC 92-80

ryanniex
01-22-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm back to Gameface mga bords..hehe

How's the game against USJ-R?

A lot of new prospects for USC and for sure all, if not most of them will be of good caliber. USC's future is looking good so far. A championship maybe for CeSAFI 2008?

we lost...... sori to disapoint you...

thadzonline
01-22-2008, 11:15 PM
ok ra na coach..at least we know we need a real big man to help spell Llanto

amdgc82
01-23-2008, 06:16 AM
http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudailynews/sports/view/20080122-114018/More-Fil-Ams

More Fil-Ams
Cebu Daily News
First Posted 14:32:00 01/22/2008

With the possible defection of 6-foot-4 Fil-Aussie Emel Rowe to the Ateneo de Manila University Blue Eagles, the University of San Carlos Warriors went back to the recruitment trail and snagged two new Fil-Americans from Guam to boost their title bid in the next season of the Cesafi basketball wars.

The two-time runners-up have beefed up their backcourt with the addition of 5’9 point guard JP Cruz and 5’11 combo guard Alfred Vitug to their already loaded roster.

The two players were brought to USC by a former teammate of head coach Jay Ramirez from his PBA days, Peter Jao.

The two played for Ace Hardware in a commercial league in Guam.

According to Ramirez, the 22-year old Cruz, who is originally from Pangasinan, may very well be their next starting guard as the latter has shown in their practices tenacity, power, and incredible leaping ability while Vitug, who is from Pampanga, is a deadly perimeter shooter.

The Warriors though, are not done yet with their harvest, as they have also added 6-foot-2 forward, EJ San Juan to their frontcourt, which already boasts of reigning MVP Enrico Llanto and new recruit Joven Cortez.

Another San Juan is also expected to join the Warriors’ ranks in the face of EJ’s brother, 6-foot-4 Nico San Juan.

In addition, USC is also expecting Fil-Aussie point guard PJ Estorque to arrive just in time for the season to start. The Warriors are also pursuing 6-foot-8 Antonio Herico and 6-foot guard Christopher Chinn. Both are Fil-Americans. /Correspondent Jonas Panerio

ryanniex
01-23-2008, 01:01 PM
ok ra na coach..at least we know we need a real big man to help spell Llanto

thadz naa koy nakit.an dri sa tc 6'3 or 6'4 nga 18 yrs. old pa... ako pa gi storyaan, player sya sauna sa high school den na undang lang ug duwa kay ga skwela.... if naa ka sa game karon ad2 lang ta mag talk about ani nga kid... potential kaau for a big man

yokam
01-23-2008, 04:18 PM
we lost...... sori to disapoint you...

It's ok. I know that USC is setting it's eyes on CeSAFI 2008. It's quite understandable that the Warriors are not winning as much as they usually do because winning is not the aim right now, it's the experience and exposure of the players especially those new ones.

With their improvement and confidence, plus the presence of those prospects, USC for sure will be the team to beat in the CeSAFI.

thadzonline
01-23-2008, 10:13 PM
somehow I felt I wanted to see more drive, not that they don't have it but gusto ko a drive and motivation that shows in character and even the words they speak..yung tipong sultian nimo "paano, loss na naman" and ang i reply is "babawi kami sa next game" and say it with conviction

ankle breaker
01-23-2008, 11:36 PM
with this latest development for USC, it's nice to go back to school for another course.

thadzonline
01-24-2008, 12:54 AM
next CeSAFI season kay naa nay USC-TC nga team kay nanobra ang players for USC lol

a_ron
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Comment lng Puro nalng ta ani Fil-foreigner na players, Cant not we just rely on our own breed of talent i those who was born here like llanto and the rest of the pure blooded pinoys who played great,

thadzonline
01-26-2008, 04:07 AM
Hindi naman lahat Fil-ams..for example, AJ San Juan is a local breed along with his bro Nico..AJ was the Nursing team's top player in the USC Intrams for some years now and a certain 6'5 cortes was also spotted in USC-TC..USC is just fortunate to be getting help from alumni, students and even from the coach's brother-in-law

ryanniex
01-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Hindi naman lahat Fil-ams..for example, AJ San Juan is a local breed along with his bro Nico..AJ was the Nursing team's top player in the USC Intrams for some years now and a certain 6'5 cortes was also spotted in USC-TC..USC is just fortunate to be getting help from alumni, students and even from the coach's brother-in-law

yup your right about that thazd... naka kita ka last game nmu?... hehehehe ni bawi na jud tah den ka2 ra jud nga game nga na execute ang game plan ug ang system naa did2 bsag wlay padayao, ferraren, ug llanto pro tambak gahapon coz mao 2 ang duwa jud sa warriors.... i hope this coming prisaa mo balik na jud ang game namu coz for now man gud nakalitan jud ang mga players nga gikan ug rest den duwa lang mi ug balik wla man lng ka practice kay exam sad so mao nga ingon a2 ang outcome sa 1st 3 games.. but now ni balik na ang warriors..........

thadzonline
01-27-2008, 09:09 PM
yup, saw the game against SIT...in the early goings, they were just trying to let the game come to them and gidimalas pa gani si Yao, hehe...but later on, when the team got the feel of the game, nindot na ang dagan, denying passing lanes, running on the break, executing the halfcourt set to almost perfection..gidungagan pa jud sa swerte sa bali-bali nila ni Blanes ug Codilla..karon siguro, the Warriors can become more deadly if they develop that killer instinct kay I also noticed when they had a big lead na naa tendency to relax and depend so much on the outside shots

ryanniex
01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
yup, saw the game against SIT...in the early goings, they were just trying to let the game come to them and gidimalas pa gani si Yao, hehe...but later on, when the team got the feel of the game, nindot na ang dagan, denying passing lanes, running on the break, executing the halfcourt set to almost perfection..gidungagan pa jud sa swerte sa bali-bali nila ni Blanes ug Codilla..karon siguro, the Warriors can become more deadly if they develop that killer instinct kay I also noticed when they had a big lead na naa tendency to relax and depend so much on the outside shots

thadz, 6'4 jud d i ang height nya, from sacred heart school his family name is ortiz... i hope we can get him

thadzonline
01-29-2008, 05:44 AM
wow..6'4..need a big guy like him...when sya graduate HS? daghan pa playing years nabilin?

ankle breaker
02-05-2008, 01:07 AM
pastilan daghana na ug dagkong players ang USC. pinaksitay na jud ni ug maayo next season. gipanguyawan na ang UV ani.

thadzonline
02-05-2008, 05:41 AM
pastilan bataa, kanang 6'4 kay naa sad problema sa grades....6'4 Nico San Juan diay is enrolled this sem sa Velez College and is playing in the BSNA(nursing students assoc diri Cebu) and has so far led Velez to a league-leading record so far. A natural wingman with a deadly touch from outside and decent leaping ability, he is rumored to transfer to USC for the CeSAFI...Transfer eligibility rules shall not apply in his case and he will be allowed to play immediately as VC doesn't have a basketball team in the CeSAFI

a_ron
02-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow pud ta toh 6'5 ang height maayo muduwa na Center Fil am Kabalo pa gyd mag Bisaya Kaso Pwede gyd ta toh para sa Fil-am laiden team na USC ,Over-age nalang itago lng nato sa ngan na Daryl Smith

ankle breaker
02-06-2008, 05:25 AM
basin ang bayot nga anak ni daryl smith imong amiga a_ron?

thadzonline
02-06-2008, 03:45 PM
PRISAA regionals karong saturday and sunday sa USC Gym a.k.a. Anselmo Bustos Sports Complex

amdgc82
02-06-2008, 03:55 PM
http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudailynews/sports/view/20080206-117162/Two-more-Fil-Ams

Two more Fil-Ams
Cebu Daily News
First Posted 14:10:00 02/06/2008

The retooling of the roster of the two-time Cesafi runners-up University of San Carlos (USC) Warriors continues as they try to reach the mountaintop of Cebu’s collegiate basketball scene.

This time, two Filipino-Americans (Fil-Ams) who are currently playing high school varsity ball in the Los Angeles City area have expressed their utmost desire to try out for a slot on the men’s basketball team, in the hopes of becoming the final pieces to USC’s championship puzzle.

James Michael Poblete is a 6-foot-2 player who is multi-faceted enough to play small forward, center and the power forward position. He was once in the junior varsity roster of the Artesia High School in Lakewood, California and has been reported to be capable of bruising play down low as well as good rebounding and shotblocking numbers. His parents hail from Cavite.

The other is 5-foot-10 Benjamin Belong, who also hails from the same school but is on the main varsity squad, whose father comes from Ilocos and his mother from Bataan.

Solid at the point guard slot, Belong hopes to make it into the Warriors squad which is in dire need of perimeter help following the completion of star guard Nino Ramirez’ playing years.

The possible addition of the two Fil-Ams to the USC roster brings their Fil-Am player total to four with Guam’s JP Cruz and Alfred Vitug already in Cebu training with the team.

They are also awaiting the arrival of prospective guards Christopher Chinn from Dixon, North Carolina, who is expected to be in Cebu later this month, and PJ Estorque, from Melbourne, Australia, who is set to arrive later this year.

Poblete and Belong plans to come to Cebu right after graduation and are awaiting the University of San Carlos Warriors' invitation letter as of the moment. /Correspondent Jonas Panerio

thadzonline
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
The most probable lineup for USC in the CeSAFI

Starters:
C 6'4 Rowe
F 6'1 Llanto
F 6'0 Hermosa
G 5'11 Vitug
G 5'9 Cruz
C 6'2 Blanes
F 6'2 Bakker
F 6'0 Gallarde
G 5'10 adillo
G 5'10 Joven
C 6'3 Codilla
F 6'2 San Juan, A.
F 6'4 San Juan, N.
G 5'8 Bercede
G 5'9 Bautista

On the waiting list:
F 6'2 Poblete
G 5'10 Belong
G 6'0 Chinn
G 6'2 Estorque
F 6'1 Ontal
C 6'4 Ortiz
G 5'8 Otida

ankle breaker
02-07-2008, 03:34 AM
dayon na jud balhin to si san juan sa USC from velez?

thadzonline
02-07-2008, 08:11 AM
thats what his teammate over at Velez told me..BTW kana silang San Juan kay pag-umangkon na ni Jayrams..the mom of the San Juans is the twin sister of Jayrams' wife

ryanniex
02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
thats what his teammate over at Velez told me..BTW kana silang San Juan kay pag-umangkon na ni Jayrams..the mom of the San Juans is the twin sister of Jayrams' wife

thadz sori kaau if dli dayon ko ka rply sa imu coz usahay ma guba ako cp pro madawat nko tanan nmo nga msg, ok ra bsag nursing ang player pro lisod cya makaduwa coz inig 3rd yr kay mag duty2x naman gud na cla, cge lng tawag dayon ko nmo ugma sa gabie sa cp pra sa schedule sa prisaa ug uban pa nga topic like the recruitments.. tc thadz!!! god bless!!!!!

thadzonline
02-08-2008, 09:07 AM
coach ry...nakuha nimo ang address nila poblete and belong? mag nursing lageh daw na si Poblete unya si Belong ang interest niya leans into engineering...we can build on those 2 guys coz they are young at 17

thadzonline
02-14-2008, 08:06 PM
coach Ry, about sa imo plano to raise funds, i have a suggestion...use nato ang facilities sa USC like the gym, organize tournament maskin 4 teams lang then USC A(regular varsity),USC B(prospective players), Pinoyleague Texas Selection, Fil-Aussie Selection ang teams i-invite..Gamiton nato ang spaces sa gym nga pwede butangan ads, sell it for sponsorship while tournament is going on...Sa audience ato duolon si Sir Jojo Saso coz makadraw man jud na siya ug crowd..Goal is to raise a revenue of 1M unya maskin 100,000 lang gastuhon for the first year...the rest i create ug trust fund...whatchathink....I'm very much willing to help organize basta naa lang financier mo provide sa seed money and link me to the priests, Sir Saso....istoryahan ta ni tarong...Im also talking to a USC alumnus tomorrow night over coffee, mediaman siya, so he can also help

ryanniex
02-19-2008, 11:33 PM
coach Ry, about sa imo plano to raise funds, i have a suggestion...use nato ang facilities sa USC like the gym, organize tournament maskin 4 teams lang then USC A(regular varsity),USC B(prospective players), Pinoyleague Texas Selection, Fil-Aussie Selection ang teams i-invite..Gamiton nato ang spaces sa gym nga pwede butangan ads, sell it for sponsorship while tournament is going on...Sa audience ato duolon si Sir Jojo Saso coz makadraw man jud na siya ug crowd..Goal is to raise a revenue of 1M unya maskin 100,000 lang gastuhon for the first year...the rest i create ug trust fund...whatchathink....I'm very much willing to help organize basta naa lang financier mo provide sa seed money and link me to the priests, Sir Saso....istoryahan ta ni tarong...Im also talking to a USC alumnus tomorrow night over coffee, mediaman siya, so he can also help

gud pm thadz, nice ang idea, pwd kaau...but dapat naa tay ma storyaan ana nga things si sir saso pwd kaau to kay active man kaau to... mo largahay ko ugma sa gabie ug surigao sa monday pa ko abot cge tagaan tka sa no ni sir saso... salamat sa idea ug support thadz

ankle breaker
02-19-2008, 11:39 PM
thadz, mao ni imong giingon nga tournament?

thadzonline
02-20-2008, 04:23 PM
@ankle breaker, yup, as you can see floating the idea pa

ankle breaker
02-27-2008, 05:27 AM
nindot ta iapil pero wla lang jud tym.

thadzonline
02-27-2008, 09:13 AM
I have had a couple of conversations with some personalities already

thadzonline
03-01-2008, 10:55 PM
3rd place in the NSBC, not bad, just unfortunate they had to meet UV in the semifinals who had a hard time getting a 100-98 double OT squeaker

kuzma1313
03-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Who is that referee who make tanga2 on calling on the remaining minute of the game. Nakakainis! Panalo sana ang
Univ of Luzon....

thadzonline
03-02-2008, 05:53 PM
I think also that the Warriors relaxed too much when they had a big lead and i personally felt that even the coach did not recognize that his best defender at the backcourt who could have stopped Macalalad was Giovanni Padillo

ryanniex
03-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I think also that the Warriors relaxed too much when they had a big lead and i personally felt that even the coach did not recognize that his best defender at the backcourt who could have stopped Macalalad was Giovanni Padillo

thadz gud pm... naa nay nindot nga development about sa alumni, gi hinay2x na ni sir saso.... bacn maka tawag nko permi nmo pag makapalit ko sa usa ka cellphone pra sun,,,, basta ari lang gihapon tka e contact... take care thadz god blessss

thadzonline
03-04-2008, 10:12 AM
coach Ry, yep...I'll also be meeting Fr. Jo and Bro. Lando ugma kay napostpone pag sabado..ni text diay sad sir saso nako about sa developments...nindot sad to nga ideas iya gi share

ankle breaker
03-08-2008, 12:37 AM
dili pa pwede i-share namo diri ang developments thadz?

thadzonline
03-08-2008, 10:34 AM
di lang nato unhan sa, kompletohon sa nato ankle breaker ang plans before ta divulge

thadzonline
03-11-2008, 10:49 AM
coach ry, nakuha nimo ang addresses?

thadzonline
03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
one of them coach ry, I just gathered is the nephew of a former PBA player who once played for Mariwasa/Countryyfair in the 80's

ankle breaker
03-12-2008, 10:01 PM
we would be glad if we can see the possible lineup for USC next season.

thadzonline
03-12-2008, 10:55 PM
a few key additions lang siguro na bai, at most 5 key players added

ryanniex
03-13-2008, 02:40 PM
one of them coach ry, I just gathered is the nephew of a former PBA player who once played for Mariwasa/Countryyfair in the 80's

thadz gud pm, gkan nko ug athletics then wla clay idea about ang invitation i mean wla pa jud cla nka himo ug ingon ana nga abroad pa jud sa 1st time ni nla nga mohimo... is it ok ba daw nga if naa kay mura ug idea about sa invatation letter pwd ko nmo tagaan den ato tagaan ang athletics para cla ang mo usab kung naa man gani usbonon sa letter... den nag ka talk naman me nila coach jay ur mike den ok na if mao gani ang gsto ni rowe ingna cya palihug nga pwd kaau sg uf sf ang iya position sa team den naa na cya pwd ka puy.an if ever ka2 gi puy an sa 2 nato ka fil am cla jp ug alfred pwd c rowe did2... bacn ug call ko nmo unya gabie.. god bless

ankle breaker
03-14-2008, 04:35 AM
thadz, naa nay clear 2 filams play for USC aside from Emel Rowe?

thadzonline
03-14-2008, 09:08 AM
5-9 JP Cruz and 5-11 Alfred Vitug of Guam and paabot ko sa response ni Chris Chinn pa

ankle breaker
03-14-2008, 11:15 PM
ah ok. medyo gagmay pero seems to be good players right?

thadzonline
03-15-2008, 11:54 AM
yep

thadzonline
03-21-2008, 01:17 AM
http://www.basketballcebu.com/basketballcebutv.htm

a glimpse at USC's Fil-am recruits from Guam alongside returning 6'2 bruiser Antonio "AJ" San Juan III

ankle breaker
04-01-2008, 12:34 AM
they are quick and showed some flashes of ballhandling skills. USC is in for a fight next year.

thadzonline
04-01-2008, 09:53 AM
well, both are guards, haha

nastrans
04-11-2008, 03:20 PM
USC is currently here at Zamboanga for the PRISAA National Games although I'm not that aware about their performance in the tournament.

thadzonline
04-12-2008, 09:17 PM
they beat Region 9 by 12 before routing Region 4-a and Region 2 to date

nastrans
04-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Any news about their women's team? They met UST in the finals I believe.

amdgc82
04-14-2008, 04:23 PM
USC loses PRISAA title; Ladies Settle for Silver (http://www.basketballcebu.com/news.htm?blogentryid=3288661)

Mhel_Garrido
04-16-2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.basketballcebu.com/basketballcebutv.htm

a glimpse at USC's Fil-am recruits from Guam alongside returning 6'2 bruiser Antonio "AJ" San Juan III

Hi Thadz, are these the one's you texted me about?

thadzonline
04-17-2008, 08:48 AM
nope..those guys sa video are shoo-ins sa team

thadzonline
04-25-2008, 10:12 AM
The USC Basketball puzzle:

http://uscwarriors.blogspot.com/2008/04/getting-usc-basketball-puzzle-together.html

thadzonline
04-27-2008, 12:08 AM
6'3" wingman Rene Saycon has expressed interest to join the USC Warriors

nastrans
04-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Pictures ng USC women's basketball versus Region IV-A (with the core of DLSU-D) sa National PRISAA Games, sensiya na medyo heavily dominated ng Calabarzon pics.

http://nastrans.multiply.com/photos/album/115/2008_National_PRISAA_Games_Womens_Basketball_-_Calabarzon_vs_Central_Visayas_041008

ryanniex
05-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Pictures ng USC women's basketball versus Region IV-A (with the core of DLSU-D) sa National PRISAA Games, sensiya na medyo heavily dominated ng Calabarzon pics.

http://nastrans.multiply.com/photos/album/115/2008_National_PRISAA_Games_Womens_Basketball_-_Calabarzon_vs_Central_Visayas_041008

naa kay mga pic sa mens basketball?

coach ryan d i ni... musta na?

thadz naa bay mga new information?

about sa usc ok lng naman amo team pro wla pa jud ni try.out nga dagko...

tc guys, thadz add d i ko sa ym nko... ryanniex@yahoo.com

thadzonline
05-03-2008, 11:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2loWchhLws8

coach Ry mao na si Rene Saycon kadto giingon nako nimo

ryanniex
05-04-2008, 03:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2loWchhLws8

coach Ry mao na si Rene Saycon kadto giingon nako nimo

ahh ok... cge2x tan.awon nko, abot sa letter wla pa ko ka ad2 sa usc wla pa ko ka report, ask ra gud jonas naa ba cya mga pic sa zamboanga?

MykelV
05-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Thadz, i think coach ryan has already seen him play. We went up against USC sa bacolod in last years unigames. Coach ry, mao na ag ka2 cge dunk sa warm-up, the kid the harvey was telling you about.

thadzonline
05-06-2008, 08:50 AM
yeah, I guess so coach Mykel...Jun mentioned going up against USC at the unigames in bacolod

ryanniex
05-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Thadz, i think coach ryan has already seen him play. We went up against USC sa bacolod in last years unigames. Coach ry, mao na ag ka2 cge dunk sa warm-up, the kid the harvey was telling you about.

yup3x kita nko ana ni saycon... potential kaau na, den mas mo maau pa na cya if dri cya duwa sa cebu especially sa a2a dri sa usc.

ryanniex
05-11-2008, 04:53 PM
FUTURES BASKETBALL LEAGUE 3 ON 3

What: Futures Basketball League 3 on 3
When: May 16 and 17 2008
Where: Sacred heart school gym and university of san carlos north Campus

qualifications:
mens
mini division: must be born on '99, '98, and '97
midgets division: must be born on '96, '95, and '94
junior division: must be born on '93, '92, and '91
womens category:
born in '99, '98, and '97

just bring 3 empty boxes of primovit vitamin's and 500 pesos for the registration.

regestration is on may 15 and may 16 at mayflower hotel in capitol. their are only limited slots only 16 teams for each division.

4 players in each team.

thadzonline
05-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Some notes about the new USC Warrior additions:

AJ San Juan-soft touch from midrange for a big man, excellent passing
skills, not afraid to bang bodies down low, against USJ-R scored 6
points(2 baskets from midrange), grabbed 5 rebounds and issued 2
assists thrown exactly where the recipient was in best position to
score, saw 3 or more good passes where the recipient either muffed the
shot or got fouled on the attempt; He gives the Warriors another legit
option at the post

Nilton Otida-highly touted USC juniors standout, made good account of
himself as a college rookie, scored 9 points, grabbed 3 boards, issued
2 assists and stole thrice against USJ-R; I like his maturity even for
a rookie, does not get easily intimidated and looks very intent at
learning, always listening to the coaches; while he may be an off-guard
in high school, he doesnt seem to have difficulty converting to a point
guard role for USC

Some good things about the regulars:

Giovanni Padillo-19 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, 2 steals; he could well
be coming out of the shadows of Niño Ramirez; Quite underrated for a
player where you want the ball in clutch situations

Eddie Bakker-6 points on 2 of 3 shooting from beyond the arc against
USJ-R; his shooting has improved a lot and last night, I saw him put
the ball on the floor quite a few times without turning it over(well
he did once, when he forgot to put the ball down first and took steps),
he also tried posting up but didn't get the passes down low(I would
have wanted to see what he can do with it on the block); while he is
getting attention with his shooting, he needs to get something else
going when the defender takes away the shot

Jabby Bautista-am not sure if he is really going home to Manila with
the fact that he has stayed here this late; if he stays he is emerging
as the team's top court general; I have witnessed how his game matured
over time, and now has better court awareness coupled with great
ballhandling skills, pinpoint passing and decent outside shooting; Some
5 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals against USJ-R

Gino Gallarde-had some 3 authoritative swats against USJ-R, 2 of them
on the break. He was known as a defensive ace, so I wasn't really
surprised

Team play-While USJ-R played without ace Luther Justiniani, and seemed
to be still blending as a team, USC showed the strength of their team
system, chalking up a win minus ace big man Bogs Llanto and veteran
point guard Paul Joven

Joven Cortes-while playing limited minutes, Cortes did well in closing
getting key rebounds and converting on foul shots; undersized but
never underestimate his will to secure that carom; the guy just has
great timing and excellent positioning

Some scary moments for the team:
turnovers-counted at least 7 steals completed by Armand Ponce, while
USC did well breaking the press in the second half, it also exposed
the team's need to have better ballhandlers

Size-While size wasn't an issue against USJ-R, it will be against SWU
& UV, the team's tallest player at the moment is 6'3" Robert Codilla

Injuries-Paul Joven is under rehab for his knee, Bogs is nursing groin
and back injuries; how these 2 guys heal over time is crucial to th USC
campaign

thadzonline
05-20-2008, 10:03 AM
6'4" all-around player Emel Rowe is scheduled to arrive around June 10 in Cebu from Melbourne

Mhel_Garrido
05-20-2008, 05:03 PM
@ankle breaker:

Llanto is still suiting up for his last year in the CeSAFI as confirmed by head coach Jay Ramirez to me and yes I heard Jayrams and the dad of one USC player talk about that 6'9" Fil-am guy

I heard that Llanto together with Niño Ramirez are going to try their luck once again in manila to be able to land a spot in the PBL. Is this true?

ankle breaker
05-21-2008, 03:01 AM
it's a welcome development for USC that emel rowe will be joining them this coming june 10. i also hope that jp cruz will not be send home. he's a good addition to the team and the incident involving him with other players can be fix by talking it over. i hope that this saycon guy is not all about dunking only.
thadz, what's the reason why chris chinn didn't make it to cebu?

thadzonline
05-21-2008, 12:33 PM
@ankle breaker:

I heard that Llanto together with Niño Ramirez are going to try their luck once again in manila to be able to land a spot in the PBL. Is this true?

probbaly Niño, but Llanto is playing his last year in the CeSAFI and try to win that elusive title

ankle breaker
05-21-2008, 09:34 PM
llanto, rowe, bakker, cortes and hermosa or baustista is a good starting unit for USC. jayrams will be having an easy time choosing the relievers.

thadzonline
05-22-2008, 09:11 AM
i think the starters would be Blanes at C, Llanto at PF, Rowe at SF, Vitug at SG and Bautista at PG

second unit will be COrtes at C, Bakker at PF, Hermosa at SF, Padillo at SG and Joven at PG(this looks like a first unit :D)

third stringers: Codilla(C), Gallarde(F), Palos(G), Bercede(G) and Otida(G)

this guys need one more big man as San Juan is not qualify as he graduated from HS 8 years ago(7-year rule)

thadzonline
05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
it's a welcome development for USC that emel rowe will be joining them this coming june 10. i also hope that jp cruz will not be send home. he's a good addition to the team and the incident involving him with other players can be fix by talking it over. i hope that this saycon guy is not all about dunking only.

wala kunoy plite si Chris Chinn..and I hope Saycon gets his release papers soon

ankle breaker
05-23-2008, 03:49 AM
i think the starters would be Blanes at C, Llanto at PF, Rowe at SF, Vitug at SG and Bautista at PG

second unit will be COrtes at C, Bakker at PF, Hermosa at SF, Padillo at SG and Joven at PG(this looks like a first unit :D)

third stringers: Codilla(C), Gallarde(F), Palos(G), Bercede(G) and Otida(G)

this guys need one more big man as San Juan is not qualify as he graduated from HS 8 years ago(7-year rule)

i think there were 2 san juans right? who was disqualified, the one who came from Velez?

ankle breaker
05-23-2008, 03:51 AM

wala kunoy plite si Chris Chinn..and I hope Saycon gets his release papers soon

paplitehan sa taga SVD si chinn, sayang pud maayo man kaha to moduwa. sa sunod nalang jud to siya.

thadzonline
05-23-2008, 08:27 AM
na di jud na modugo ang USC haha

ankle breaker
05-23-2008, 11:43 PM
naa si fr. rod salazar ang pres sa USC, siya lang ang plete pero sabot sila wala pug siya allowance and othe perks. hehehhee
samot ug di musogot si chinn ana.

thadzonline
05-24-2008, 10:57 AM
hahaha....Chris Chinn's half bro is Jayjay Robles, a former Pampanga Dragon

ankle breaker
05-28-2008, 12:11 AM
ah ic, hoopnightmare...
well, i would invest on these guys if that's the case if i were USC.

thadzonline
05-28-2008, 03:43 PM
oo si hoopnightmare, pareha sila ug mama ni Chris Chinn..

ankle breaker
05-28-2008, 09:54 PM
i think hoopnightmare is considering playing for liga. maybe he can bring along his half bro to play for USC.

thadzonline
05-29-2008, 08:27 AM
I hope he does..

ankle breaker
05-29-2008, 09:59 PM
that will be a welcome development for us carolinians if they can add chris chinn.

thadzonline
06-03-2008, 11:31 PM
UV is making an offer to Emel Rowe, does that sound good for you?

ryanniex
06-04-2008, 02:05 AM

maabot naman daw c rowe karon monday thadz... mura sa usc man jud daw cya duwa

thadzonline
06-04-2008, 10:20 AM
I just hope Emel knows how to honor his word and commitments made

estor_boot
06-04-2008, 10:48 AM

nyahahahahaha.. USC should have done what UC is doing.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/06/04/sports/.avoiding.a.slaughter..html

;D ;D

thadzonline
06-04-2008, 11:38 AM
I know Emel to be like a kid but he can be a man of honor and commitment, something that will make him endeared by the Carolinian community. Last night he told me he does not want to be like a dog..

Besides if he moved to UV just imagine how the USC crowd would treat him during games..

ankle breaker
06-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I know Emel to be like a kid but he can be a man of honor and commitment, something that will make him endeared by the Carolinian community. Last night he told me he does not want to be like a dog..

Besides if he moved to UV just imagine how the USC crowd would treat him during games..

what does he mean about it? is he thinking that the USC particularly SVD community who manages the school will put a collar in his neck and drag him all along to anywhere they wanted him to be?

thadzonline
06-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Emel Rowe: "I don't think I will do that to USC and look like a dog"

probably he meant that he is out to honor his word and commitment despite the circumstances...It was Greg Slaughter who made the offer thinking Rowe was a man of less character who would jump out on it like he did

ankle breaker
06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
so greg slaughter is convincing emel rowe to join him in the lancers lineup. sounds like he's afraid that the time is coming for their reign to end. it's now time for the warriors to make noise in CESAFI. USC is doing good even if without llanto. how much more if the lineup is finalized then llanto and rowe will join the team. i can't imagine how strong the team is.

thadzonline
06-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Llanto, Rowe and Vitug are not yet suiting up so yes, you can hope...on the other hand, it is a team in search of a take charge guy and at times you see either Giovanni Padillo or Sam Hermosa taking the cudgels but they need to be more consistent and more aggressive. Leadership and stability at the point is also a concern. WHile we know what Jabby Bautista and Paul Joven can do, consistency is sometimes a problem and I hope they work to become point guards with a pass-first or team mentality as opposed to the scoring point guards we see nowadays..USC is really short down low and would definitely need a big man as EJ San Juan will no longer be eligible owing to the 7-year rule

thadzonline
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Hindsight on USC's 77-66 debacle in the MLKP Summer League semis against the SWU Cobras:

On a rebound play off a missed SWU foul shot, Sam Hermosa was called for a loose ball foul...USC assistant Ryan Betia complains: SWU had 6 players on the court, nobody listens and he does not assert. CDN's Jonas Panerio also noticed the infraction and the referees did not make any call. At that point they were in the thick of the fight slowly eating up on that SWU lead(I guess it was a 3-point lead at that point)..

My take: USC should have been more assertive in its complaint. Knowing that the team was on a good run and was needing a much-needed break in the game, I would risk a technical for continuous complaining for several reasons:

1. a technical could have been called on SWU, 2 foul shots and ball possession for USC, easily an opportunity to rack up 4 or 5 straight points.
2. the foul was committed by Hermosa on Cleford Maguate, the SWU player who was not supposed to be on the court, and that could have been nullified(or will it be under the rules? I'm not too sure though)
3. it could have shifted momentum in the game to USC's favor and knowing that USC was not in the perfect groove that game, that could have been a rallying point.

The referees upon knowing of the infraction did not make a call to correct the earlier non-call, and I presume the table officials could have pressed the buzzer upon knowing it and conferred the referees to point it out so the correct call can be made because anyway it was the table officials who are informed of substitutions.

It is not good for the local leagues how such an obvious infraction was let-go when it could have made the game more interesting even if it were but one of the very few lapses in the officiating of that game

ankle breaker
06-06-2008, 11:53 PM
so USC lost to SWU twice in the semis?

thadzonline
06-07-2008, 11:20 PM
yes, despite a twice to beat advantage..the last time USC beat SWU was in the 7th CeSAFI Semis

ankle breaker
06-10-2008, 12:40 AM
you mean to say that SWU has a winning record against USC despite of being in the league for a year?

thadzonline
06-10-2008, 12:06 PM
after eliminating SWU in the CeSAFI Finals last year, SWU added 6'4 big man Cleford Maguate and sweet-shooting 6'2 forward Alfred Belande from USP and lately Roger Caytuna and Richard Kwong from Cagayan de Oro City and has beaten USC twice in the VAAA, once in the La Fortuna Cup, and thrice in the MLKP Summer League

ankle breaker
06-11-2008, 09:35 PM
OMG. it that's the case, it's not only UV that we will looking for as the nemesis of USC, SWU too.

thadzonline
06-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Emel Rowe is in town and is on process for enrolment at USC

amamangloy
06-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Emel Rowe is in town and is on process for enrolment at USC

whats d latest on him now?

ankle breaker
06-13-2008, 10:02 PM
im sure his enrollment will not be having any hassles.

thadzonline
06-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Emel Rowe just attended the Cebu Niños practice..I guess he is going to be a practice player there

ankle breaker
06-17-2008, 09:36 PM
looks like he wanted to feel the team. who knows next year he will join them if he can't make it to the PBL or PBA right away.

thadzonline
06-26-2008, 07:54 AM
news bits:

Vitog is not considered a fil-for, he was born in Pampanga to Pinoy parents...

Saycon just got his transfer credentials from ACSAT, expect him in the 2nd sem...

6'7 emails me expressing interest, he could be here anytime soon...

Cortes nursing groin/hip injury, probably rejoining practice cautiously today...

final cut known soon, guard most likely to be dropped from roster, your guess is as good as mine...

Llanto also still hurting....

ankle breaker
06-26-2008, 09:42 PM
yeah, is that the punching guard? hehehehehe

thadzonline
06-26-2008, 10:03 PM
nope, that guy left eons ago

ankle breaker
06-27-2008, 09:57 PM
so who that guard will be?

thadzonline
06-27-2008, 10:19 PM
i said likely a guard but that is pure speculation pa lang, basin sentro diay

sKy
06-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi. Any news of Nino Ramirez's whereabouts these days? I was expecting him to play for Cebu in Liga Pilipinas. But he's nowhere to be seen. Anyone knows where he is? Trying his luck in PBL/PBA perhaps?

trigun_08
06-29-2008, 03:48 PM
where is chris chinn?? any info?

thadzonline
06-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi. Any news of Nino Ramirez's whereabouts these days? I was expecting him to play for Cebu in Liga Pilipinas. But he's nowhere to be seen. Anyone knows where he is? Trying his luck in PBL/PBA perhaps?

last time we exchanged messages, he was looking for a school in Manila and prepare better for the PBL..He was referred to STI but I dont know what happened next...could we be seeing him in NAASCU soon?

ankle breaker
07-01-2008, 10:12 PM
mao ni ang imong giingon thadz nga half bro ni jj robles no, kani si chris chinn?

thadzonline
07-02-2008, 09:14 AM
yup si chris chinn has the same mother as Jayjay Robles...way pamlite, aw puyo siya america

ankle breaker
07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
hahahaha. trabaho ta siya para naay iplete. sure ko mabawi na niya diri sa pinas if makaduwa na siya.

thadzonline
07-04-2008, 03:03 PM
a 6'3 player from a neighboring province might find his way in a green and gold jersey next CeSAFI season

ankle breaker
07-05-2008, 04:35 AM
is that rene saycon?

thadzonline
07-06-2008, 03:48 PM
nope, its not Rene Saycon. Saycon is originally from GenSan

ankle breaker
07-07-2008, 10:11 PM
nope, its not Rene Saycon. Saycon is originally from GenSan

ah ok. i thought that saycon is from zamboanguita who then played for the ACSAT lightnings.

thadzonline
07-09-2008, 09:08 PM
UC Webmasters vs. USC Warriors at 430 pm New Cebu Coliseum July 10, 2008. Cebu fans will finally get a glimpse of Emel Rowe and Alfred Vitug of USC and UC's 2 mysterious foreign-bred players

ankle breaker
07-10-2008, 09:45 PM
who won the game? i also heard the UC will play against USJR tomorrow?

thadzonline
07-11-2008, 08:49 PM
nope, it was Don Bosco versus CIT earlier...USC missing Llanto, Cortes, Hermosa, Gallarde, Padillo and Bautista fell 81-103, Rowe had 20 and Cantonao had 16, Bercede also chipped in 10(combining for 46 of the team's 81)

ankle breaker
07-17-2008, 11:30 PM
any updates on the other games played after this one? like the games in mandaue.

thadzonline
07-18-2008, 09:56 AM
any updates on the other games played after this one? like the games in mandaue.

UC did not show up in Mandaue

ankle breaker
07-18-2008, 10:07 PM
nagpa forfeit ang UC? hadlok sila kay complete na ang USC ato no?

thadzonline
07-18-2008, 10:33 PM
nope, USC was still without Llanto that time. sala sa organizers nga walay klaro nga pagkamahal ra ba jud sa ticket, luoy ang nakabayad

thadzonline
07-21-2008, 08:37 PM
A glimpse of Emel Rowe in his debut game:

http://www.basketballcebu.com/rowedebut.htm

Schortsanitis
07-21-2008, 09:09 PM
^^^
* Thanks, thadz, for the video. Great vid.

* 'Antangkad ni Junmar. He must be around 6'9"'. Great coordination for somebody his height

* Emel Rowe didn't really look particularly quick out there on the floor. He's not a flashy player, but very effective. He was hitting from everywhere: Outside shot, offensive rebound, drive in plays, fastbreak plays, etc. Very efficient with his moves.

thadzonline
08-06-2008, 08:08 AM
USC takes early lead in CeSAFi 2008 with an 80-45 massacre of CIT. after they also upset UV, 80-76 in the opener

ankle breaker
08-06-2008, 09:11 PM
thadz, can you post the boxscores of that game? how did emel played in that game?

thadzonline
08-07-2008, 09:17 AM
The stats sheet were not mailed yet..Rowe only scored 11 points, but USC played their 3rd stringers as early as the second quarter after taking a 22-4 opening canto. Cid Cortes paced USC with 12 points and 15 boards.

ankle breaker
08-07-2008, 09:31 PM
it was reported that llanto did not even play that much. he only scored 3 points.

thadzonline
08-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Llanto had 3 points but he also had 11 defensive boards, 3 assists, 3 steals and a block

ankle breaker
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
i can see a clear a future for the warriors. hopefully they can qualify in the champions league or PCCL this year.

thadzonline
08-07-2008, 10:04 PM
August 5 stats, game against CIT wildcats

http://www.basketballcebu.com/5august2008.htm

thadzonline
08-08-2008, 01:03 AM
other related articles posted at http://uscwarriors.blogspot.com

the_cool_cat
08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
i hope this would our year thads.. go carolinians.. go warriors..

thadzonline
08-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Keep the faith..Believe!

thadzonline
08-08-2008, 08:10 PM
USC just had their worst night of the season, losing at home to SWU Cobras, 54-50..The last time USC beat SWU was in last year's CeSAFI quarterfinals..parang contrapelo

ankle breaker
08-08-2008, 09:33 PM
it's a low scoring game. i can't imagine how the game was played.

thadzonline
08-09-2008, 10:32 AM
both teams didnt shoot very well, some game notes for the warriors:

-it exposed one glaring weakness: USC is too soft, they showed they can wilt under physical play
-no visible leader on court, focused on I rather than WE as a team
-exposed lack of a big man and a real slasher

the_cool_cat
08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
both teams didnt shoot very well, some game notes for the warriors:

-it exposed one glaring weakness: USC is too soft, they showed they can wilt under physical play
-no visible leader on court, focused on I rather than WE as a team
-exposed lack of a big man and a real slasher
great observation thadz, USC really needs another reliable bigman to man the paint. they just could'nt rely too much in enrico Llanto. i hope project bravo could play this year to help USC in this year cesafi tournament..

thadzonline
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
they still have a chance to win it this year, sometimes their biggest adversaries are themselves. The individual players, especially those who are returnees from last year and 2 years ago, should know better than to play 1-on-1. The system in place have already taken them places no one ever imagined possible 3 years ago.

Tuesday is a test of character against league favorites USJ-R Jaguars. Whoever wins that game, is virtually assured of a top 4 slot after elims, and twice to beat advantage in the quarterfinals, granting both will defeat Don Bosco and USC defeats USPF