PDA

View Full Version : Quo vadis Ryan Buenafe?

Scout
10-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I'd like to hear it from Ryan Buenafe himself. Where is he really headed for college? Ateneo seemed like a lock until I spoke to a San Beda official, stating that the high school sensation is headed to Mendiola. UST on the other hand is also in there as Buenafe was seen at their game, wearing school colors. He also has been in touch with DLSU. FEU also has the Valenzona connection and has not been ruled out. Then again, will he stay put at SSC? Impossible as it may seem, but is this kid playing a very mean game of catch me if you can? :o

If so, then he really is as cunning as his game. It is impossible that he has enrolled in another school aside from SSC. We have no letter of intent, as in the US NCAA.

On the downside: his grades, though, leave much to be desired.... will he opt for ______________?

Your guess is as good as mine? No. Your guess is as good as it gets. ;)

BigBlue
10-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I'd like to hear it from Ryan Buenafe himself.

member ba sya dito? ???

atenean_blooded
10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I'd like to hear it from that San Beda official himself, too.

Schortsanitis
10-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Enrollment is still a couple of months away, & until a player enrolls into a college or university, a lot of things can still happen.

Once a player enrolls, though, & he is officially included into a team's lineup, then it'll be more difficult for him to transfer to another school. So I think enrollment is the best indication of where a player will go.

Scout
10-15-2007, 06:03 AM
I'd like to hear it from Ryan Buenafe himself.

member ba sya dito? ???

Hmmm....not necessarily... perhaps a simple announcement with a newspaper interview? That would suffice.

Scout
10-15-2007, 06:06 AM

Let's see.....maybe they can come up with an announcement, similar to what you guys did.

LION
10-15-2007, 07:51 AM
^ I doubt the report about the San Beda official allegedly making that statement.

mighty_lion
10-15-2007, 08:38 AM
^ From the insider himself. Hirap talaga pag-sikat na recruit. Pinag-aagawan, pinagnanasaan, minsan naman sinisiraan at kung ano-ano pa man.

To our UAAP counterparts, dont blind yourself alone with this kid. Buenafe alone does not translate to championship. Manpowerwise, as far as I know, FEU is the one making the best moves to breakaway from rest. Buenafe is indeed the best high school prospect in the country but he can be negated by players that FEU have in its stockroom. Sorry kung medyo OT ng konti.

LION
10-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Am not an insider, ML. Nakiki-miron lang at usi.

ESCALERA JR.
10-15-2007, 10:25 AM
bukas na bukas ang pinto sa Intramuros para sa kanya... ayun eh kung gusto niyang pumasok ;D

Mighty_Alumnus
10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Sabihan ka ba na di ka na kaialangan mag aral vs. doon kailangan ka mag aral, ano ang pipiliin mo?

;D

toti_mendiola
10-15-2007, 12:56 PM
ahhh. basta, mahirap.

johnreyes
10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
kung san malaki offer dun siya ;D

Semenelin
10-15-2007, 04:10 PM
ayaw nya i-try NCAA sa US? kaya naman nya magPG e. malay nyo makuha sya sa USC e di kakampi pa nya si demar derozan next year at kung hindi umalis si OJ dami sya papasahan. hehe

peejster123
10-15-2007, 08:03 PM
hmmm...

meron din ako narinig na balita na he's staying with the family of kirk long na.

di ko lang sure how reliable yung nagkwento nun sa akin.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-16-2007, 08:43 AM
^ From the insider himself. Hirap talaga pag-sikat na recruit. Pinag-aagawan, pinagnanasaan, minsan naman sinisiraan at kung ano-ano pa man.

To our UAAP counterparts, dont blind yourself alone with this kid. Buenafe alone does not translate to championship. Manpowerwise, as far as I know, FEU is the one making the best moves to breakaway from rest. Buenafe is indeed the best high school prospect in the country but he can be negated by players that FEU have in its stockroom. Sorry kung medyo OT ng konti.

Sorry but off topic din. I have to agree on this one and I have to commend their recruitment year in and year out. They tend to get not-so-big names na mga players ("tago" in basketball recruitment terms) and then once they're there playing, magagaling pala at you get to think where did they get these guys.

Buenafe can sure contribute and can be a factor bringing in a championship but then there's no guarantee. Baka meron dyan sa tabi-tabi na hindi napapansin pero mas malupit pa pala sa kanya maglaro. Yun yung sa tingin kong mas nakakatakot because di masyado na-scout as compared to a more popular household name in Buenafe na nakita na yung laro. It will also depend on the collegiate team system that he'll join in. Pag fit sa kanya system, okay yan since he'll get the chance to develop and improve what he has. Kung di masyado maganda and fit for him yung system, yun yung magiging konting problema.

kats613
10-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Quick question, how are Buenafe's grades? Are they really enough not only to warrant admission into a UAAP or NCAA school but more importantly to graduate from High School? Hmmm, I guess its about time I pay my former HS a visit.

danny
10-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Quick question, how are Buenafe's grades?* Are they really enough not only to warrant admission into a UAAP or NCAA school but more importantly to graduate from High School?* Hmmm, I guess its about time I pay my former HS a visit.

Duda ka din ano.. hehehe... I think Mrs. Aliwalas is still the HS Principal. * Paki-check nga grades nung bata.* *. ;) ;D

kats613
10-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Quick question, how are Buenafe's grades?* Are they really enough not only to warrant admission into a UAAP or NCAA school but more importantly to graduate from High School?* Hmmm, I guess its about time I pay my former HS a visit.

Duda ka din ano.. hehehe... I think Mrs. Aliwalas is still the HS Principal. * Paki-check nga grades nung bata.* *. ;) ;

Mrs. Aliwalas will most likely sing praises for this kid regardless of his performance in the classroom (she said the same thing about you 20 years ago di ba?). Maybe a Mrs. Miguel or a Ms. Tanedo may be a better source.

Seriously, all this talk about Buena-pay, este Buenafe going to this and that school and that he'll be getting this and this amount is somewhat disturbing not because the kid and his family appear to be hell bent on running up the bids for his services but more of them coming across as not knowing what to do with so many choices around. Nakakatakot for them because it leaves them open to be taken advantaged of in the long run.

Anyway, the grades thing was just a thought, I wish the kid and his family all the luck in the world. Seeing people like Buenafe really makes me think about things that I should have done differently in the past. A this point there would've have been 3 specific things: 1) Should have said no to smoking, 2) Exercised regularly and 3) Ditched the books for basketball.

Raging Blue
10-17-2007, 12:25 PM
In dealing with the various schools competing for Ryan's enrollment, I just hope that Buenafes live up to their family name ("good faith" in Spanish).

Scout
10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
^^^

I agree with this 100% -- that is why this topic was started. The boy has been talking to quite a few schools, he cannot deny it.

bluegirl
10-17-2007, 03:10 PM
hmm... wala akong nakikitang masama kung maraming kumakausap or kinakausap na schools ang family ni ryan buenafe. it is HIS FUTURE that they are deciding. and if you would notice, hindi naman ata sa kampo nila ryan buenafe nanggagaling ang mga chismis eh. madalas from a third party. and last time i checked, ang pinag-uusapan eh pagpasok nya sa college ranks pa lang. so what's up with all this talk about monetary offers?

danny
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM

Dalawa lang naman ang nag-aagawan kay Buenafe at hindi tayo kasama dun. Di ba? Kaya petiks lang tayo.* ;)

Let's just wish him luck.

toti_mendiola
10-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Pare hindi lang tayo ganun ka ingay. Who would not want Ryan Buenafe in their teams line up? Lahat naman siguro gusto masilo itong batang ito. Medyo nasa "lets wait and see" mode lang tayo.

danny
10-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Pare hindi lang tayo ganun ka ingay. Who would not want Ryan Buenafe in your teams line up? Lahat naman siguro gusto masilo itong batang ito. Medyo nasa "lets wait and see" mode lang tayo.

Basta petiks lang tayo. ;D

toti_mendiola
10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Pare hindi lang tayo ganun ka ingay. Who would not want Ryan Buenafe in your teams line up? Lahat naman siguro gusto masilo itong batang ito. Medyo nasa "lets wait and see" mode lang tayo.

Basta petiks lang tayo. ;D

Mismo, petiks lang tayo.

lekiboy
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Pare hindi lang tayo ganun ka ingay. Who would not want Ryan Buenafe in their teams line up? Lahat naman siguro gusto masilo itong batang ito. Medyo nasa "lets wait and see" mode lang tayo.

Ako :):)
- Gege muna bago si Buenafe...sayang ang 50K sa Red Cubs....

LION
10-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Kung ang Malacanang e namimigay ng 500k, si lekiboy e namumudmod ng kwarta sa Taytay.*

lekiboy
10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Kung ang Malacanang e namimigay ng 500k, si lekiboy e namumudmod ng kwarta sa Taytay.*

kala ko ba organizer at ballpen lang? ....hehehehe

may natira pa daw na brown envelope dun - may nakasulat - for the san beda red lions > season 71... :):):)

LION
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Basta bigyan mo daw sila ng animo scarf mo. ;D

lekiboy
10-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Basta bigyan mo daw sila ng animo scarf mo.* *;D

naubos na...as in SA-ID....
makukuha lang daw ang envelope kapag season 71 at di season 84 ang sinalihan.... :)

Scout
10-17-2007, 07:54 PM

Dalawa lang naman ang nag-aagawan kay Buenafe at hindi tayo kasama dun. Di ba? Kaya petiks lang tayo. ;)

Let's just wish him luck.

Guys,

Believe me, hindi naman ako gumagawa ng kwento... nakausap ko lang kasi si ______ ___ na kaibigan ko matagal na....at dun ko lang na realize na hindi pala dalawa lang ang pursigido......

atenean_blooded
10-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Let's see.....maybe they can come up with an announcement,* similar to what you guys did.

Maybe, in whatever the equivalent of the Church of the Gesu is (I think it's the Abbey), with Buenafe singing the Song for Mary's equivalent too.

Maybe.

danny
10-18-2007, 12:56 AM

Let's see.....maybe they can come up with an announcement,* similar to what you guys did.

Maybe, in whatever the equivalent of the Church of the Gesu is (I think it's the Abbey), with Buenafe singing the Song for Mary's equivalent too.

Maybe.

The Bedan Hymn? We don't do that inside the Abbey. Only the Gregorian Chant.

Besides he's not a Bedan to sing the Hymn. In San Sebastian he sings "Hail to thee , dear Alma Mater. To you we pledge our loyalty......" If he starts singing a different "Hail" then somthing is in the works.

Personally, I prefer a Red Cub over a Staglet. Just like lekiboy.

danny
10-18-2007, 12:57 AM

Buti pa yang mga Red Cubs, dahil Bedista, kahit Burger King lang ayos na. :D

toti_mendiola
10-18-2007, 07:58 AM

Yun ang akala mo pare... humihirit pa ng balot at chicharon ni Mang Roger yung mga yun. ;D

MonL
10-18-2007, 07:28 PM

Yun ang akala mo pare... humihirit pa ng balot at chicharon ni Mang Roger yung mga yun. ;D

Eh yung "popcorn" pag-angat nila sa Seniors? ;D

vanquish
10-21-2007, 12:49 AM

Eh yung "popcorn" pag-angat nila sa Seniors?* ;D

Brother Mon, Sagot na yan ni Atty. Art Tugade. ;D

brownjapanese
10-21-2007, 01:17 PM
kung hindi sya nag-aaral, malabong maging red lion yan.
i prefer a red cub.

jayverns
01-12-2008, 03:10 PM
may rumors na kumakalat na mag-stay at maglalaro siya sa San Sebastian Stags sa Season 84, ginawa pang blind item ni T.A. dun sa article niya.

person
01-12-2008, 07:47 PM
may rumors na kumakalat na mag-stay at maglalaro siya sa San Sebastian Stags sa Season 84, ginawa pang blind item ni T.A. dun sa article niya.

sang article?? hindi papayag basta basta ateneo na mawala siya sa mga kamay nila...

jayverns
01-13-2008, 01:48 PM

sang article?? hindi papayag basta basta ateneo na mawala siya sa mga kamay nila...

sa inboundpass.com, tapos naririnig ko din sa iba, rumors pa lang naman eh malay mo...

gameface_one
01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
^^^^If they are still rumors, suggest that you post and continue the discussion in the Tsismis thread in the General Discussions forum. Thanks.

01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Ryan Buenafe already has sent feelers to other schools..... so it's going to be interesting to see where he finally ends up at.....

myktristan
01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Ryan Buenafe already has sent feelers to other schools..... so it's going to be interesting to see where he finally ends up at.....

"collect lang ng collect then select"..nice one, buena bonita, este, buenafe..hehehe

dioning
01-25-2008, 06:46 PM
suntok sa buwan pero
sana mag UP nalang siya
VAAS lang oks na
di pa kailangan mag-aral
diskarte lang and you will survive
mahirap pang ma-kickout when you're inside
diskarte lang talaga ang kailangan

person
01-26-2008, 12:47 PM

so Buenafe will just choose if it's Ateneo, Baste or maybe UST kahit longshot...

toti_mendiola
01-26-2008, 01:45 PM

so Buenafe will just choose if it's Ateneo, Baste or maybe UST kahit longshot...

Wag naman sa UST baka mawalan ng puwesto si Chris Camus niyan. wag naman sana. ;)

person
01-26-2008, 05:58 PM

Wag naman sa UST baka mawalan ng puwesto si Chris Camus niyan. wag naman sana. ;)

hindi naman niya siguro kukunin slot ni Camus if he ever chooses UST.. most rookies who choose UST will stay in Team B for a year to hone their skills and to get use to the system.. kaya longshot andgUST sa pagkuha kay Buenafe..

01-26-2008, 10:43 PM
ADMU and SSC of course are the top two..... but he sent feelers to three schools not mentioned (one NCAA and two UAAP) --- perhaps it's leverage he's after.....

gameface_one
01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
^^^If these are facts, then the posts would be more appropriate if we have evidences to support them. If not and if we don't have the evidences, then I suggest that we transfer them to the tsismis thread instead.

Thanks.

01-27-2008, 07:22 AM
With all due respect, how does one present evidence here? By the way, "evidence" is an uncountable noun. You can have evidence, pieces of evidence, loads of evidence, but you can't have "evidences" (as a noun, that is).

Ranger
01-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Just tell them Ryan got in touch with coach the other day asking what else can he be offered... :P

bchoter
01-27-2008, 12:09 PM
person, from the SSC games I've seen and from the gamafacers' accounts, Ryan looks to play right away. He's that good.

person
01-27-2008, 12:35 PM
person, from the SSC games I've seen and from the gamafacers' accounts, Ryan looks to play right away. He's that good.

totoo yun manong bchoter.. i've been monitoring the SSC games ever since I first watched Buenafe, Lee and Salamat beat the Red Cubs who were led by Hermida, Marcelo and our very own Melo Afuang.. so if he has sent feelers to the other schools, UST can still be in the Buenafe sweepstakes along with DLSU.. sa NCAA, Baste and Beda.. but it's really a longshot for UST.. :)

gameface_one
01-27-2008, 03:16 PM
With all due respect,* how does one present evidence here?* *By the way,* "evidence" is an uncountable noun. You can have evidence, pieces of evidence, loads of evidence, but you can't have "evidences" (as a noun, that is).*

You can present evidence in many ways specially by just making it appear that the posts come from "reliable" sources. There are lots of creative ways of doing it.

I was pertaining to the different "types" of evidences: ex. documentary, physical, testimonial, etc. Forgive me if I am wrong with this. :) Everyday is a learning experience.

toti_mendiola
01-27-2008, 05:05 PM
precisely my concern pare pag nagkataon malalagay ang pwesto ni camus sa alanganin. :(

Schortsanitis
02-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Although remote, I wonder what are Ryan Buenafe's back up plan, in case he doesn't pass the ACET?

Semenelin
02-18-2008, 05:35 PM
^ go to NU or CSB and carry them to the promised land. well... final four maybe? ;D

NCAA mid major team nlng...

LION
02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Stay put in Recto and bring the Stags to the F4 once again.

bchoter
02-18-2008, 10:47 PM
^ Sounds good to me. It espouses developing homegrown talent and will be one less talent to go up against :D

shyboy
02-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm sure he won't need any backup plan, whatever happens.

erichubert
02-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, I think even if he doesn't get accepted to Ateneo, a lot of other schools would happily accept him, whether it be in Taft, Recto, Mendiola or Espana.

BigBlue
02-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm sure he won't need any backup plan, whatever happens.

kaya siguro madami ding nainggit.

LION
02-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes, I think even if he doesn't get accepted to Ateneo, a lot of other schools would happily accept him, whether it be in Taft, Recto, Mendiola or Espana.

Mendiola will be divided.* Thus, "happily" is not the right word.* "Grudgingly" accept him (in our Team B) will be more appropriate.* *Mapipilitan lang kaming kunin siya kung sakasakali. ;D

Still, the* best recruits,* bar none,* are Kevin Emeka Udo and Jake Pascual. And we are very very very very happy that there is no more room for envy.

Sam Miguel
02-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Buenafe had entrance exam issues...

bchoter
02-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I get this feeling that won't prevent him from playing for ADMU.

King_stag
02-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Hope he makes the cut.. I think the same issue was raised during eric salamat's entry to ADMU

razor
02-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Buenafe had entrance exam issues...

Is he allowed a Take 2?

03-19-2008, 04:24 PM
As of now, Ryan Buenafe will play for UST

Fried Green Tomato
03-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Mukhang hindi umabot ang pamasaheng binigay kay buenafe papuntang QC at hanggang Espana lang.

That's what we've been hearing also today. According to a ust insider, they have a locked on buenafe.

LION
03-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Mukhang hindi umabot ang pamasaheng binigay kay buenafe papuntang QC at hanggang Espana lang.

That's what we've been hearing also today.* According to a ust insider, they have a locked on buenafe.

This is good for UST then.

person
03-19-2008, 09:44 PM
and the sweepstakes for Buenafe continues... :D

Out_Of_The_Blue
03-19-2008, 11:30 PM
As of now,* Ryan Buenafe will play for UST

Dapat dito tsismis thread muna.

Out_Of_The_Blue
03-19-2008, 11:31 PM

That's what we've been hearing also today.* According to a ust insider, they have a locked on buenafe.

FGT, this is true. In fact 2 Buenafes are heading to UST. Mabuti na lang at hindi ang pangatlo. He he he.

BLUE HORSE
03-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Akala ko ba binigyan ng 1.5 million si Buenafe para maglaro sa Katipunan.* Ngayon naman, kulang pa ang pamasahe.* Teka nga, bakit kailangan ng pamasahe when Ryan already ... .* ;) Di bale na nga, baka pa ako makagalitan at holy week pa naman!* *:D

Easter na sa Linggo so the announcement should be forth coming.* Lahat ba ng players ay may passport na at visa para sa States.*

blueatheart
03-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Lahat ba ng players ay may passport na at visa para sa States.

question ba yan o statement? :D

Sam Miguel
03-20-2008, 02:59 PM

That's what we've been hearing also today. According to a ust insider, they have a locked on buenafe.

FGT, this is true. In fact 2 Buenafes are heading to UST. Mabuti na lang at hindi ang pangatlo. He he he.

Wow. Maybe its also true that Frank Golla will play for Lasalle after all. Imagine that... Poor Ateneo. Losing talents left and right. Tsk-tsk... such a shame...

person
03-21-2008, 07:43 PM
can someone please tell us if this Buenafe to UST news is real or some kind of sick joke?

Semenelin
03-21-2008, 10:39 PM
can someone please tell us if this Buenafe to UST news is real or some kind of sick joke?

totoo daw pero hindi Ryan yun name. same surname daw...

Regular Grey
03-26-2008, 09:23 AM
I just hope Ryan Buenafe isgoing to be a Good player in college ball. Baka sa sobrang kaka abang natin sa kanya, biglang di pala siya bagay sa College ball.

oca
03-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Just don't expect too much in his rookie year. Hardly was there a junior big man who made an impact on his college rookie year.

Magbalik tanaw kayo, the last was Benjie Paras in 1986.

He will contribute, but don't expect consistent MVP numbers from the kid at this stage.

erichubert
03-26-2008, 11:57 AM
But Ryan is not a big man, he is a wing man, 6'2 at most, he just played the 4 in high school because he was taller than most players. With his talent though, he should have his moments right on his first year. I can see him having the same impact as Eric Salamat when Salamat was a freshman- an energy guy that can provide instant offense based on talent alone.

oca
03-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Maybe I was loose in my use of the term "big man".

If you play either 4 or 5 in hs and move on to college, when you shift to 3 or even if you are a legit 4, you would no longer have the same advantage that you have in hs in terms of height and heft. Ang mahirap pa nito, these players who are as big as you, as tall as you, may actually be faster/ quicker than you.

Aside from that, it is common to see varsity players who are supposed to be in their second season, yet have logged 2 or even 3 years experience prior to their entry to the league. A "veteran" will hardly find difficulty in guarding any rookie. The rookiie will have his moments, but over a 40-minute stretch, pusta ako sa veteran.

Exception ang "small players". They play above the keyhole in hs, they will still play above the keyhole in college. They practically don't lose any advantage in terms of quickness.

Ryan Buenafe will going up against players whose size and quickness he has not encountered. He can spin and pivot, but he will be surprised that the help defense is NOT by a forward who stands 5'10" and 20 pounds lighter than him.

coreytaylor
03-26-2008, 01:03 PM
thats whats wrong with you peaple, you expect too much from the kid. for gods sake, his just a rookie and he wont be playing that much anyway together with the other blue chips since ateneo will be relying on their veterans. sus! maunod na lng kayo when S71 unfolds and lets just see what he can contribute and how he adjust to college ball bago kayo magsalita ng anu-ano. hindi lang si ryan b. and tinutokoy ko rito, kundi lahat ng mga rookies ng iba't ibang team.

batangueño
03-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Kabayang coreytaylor, you can't blame them for having high expectations on Ryan. Ryan's "basketball prowess" has been hyped too much and he had shown his wares very well during the past NCAA season. ;)

03-26-2008, 08:04 PM
After checking with Coach Pido himself, it seems that I was a victim of disinformation. I apologize. :-[

03-26-2008, 08:04 PM
After checking with Coach Pido himself, it seems that I was a victim of disinformation. I apologize. :-[

blueatheart
03-26-2008, 09:05 PM
thats whats wrong with you peaple, you expect too much from the kid. for gods sake, his just a rookie and he wont be playing that much anyway together with the other blue chips since ateneo will be relying on their veterans. sus! maunod na lng kayo when S71 unfolds and lets just see what he can contribute and how he adjust to college ball bago kayo magsalita ng anu-ano. hindi lang si ryan b. and tinutokoy ko rito, kundi lahat ng mga rookies ng iba't ibang team.

with the departure of ken, i expect ryan b. to have some playing time.

coreytaylor
03-28-2008, 11:33 AM

with the departure of ken, i expect ryan b. to have some playing time.

we'll see when S71 starts.

LION
03-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Is it true that Ryan Buenfae failed 4 subjects this year? Is this true or what? ???

abcdef
03-28-2008, 04:21 PM
^ Even if he failed four subjects, I believe "miracles" happen. ;D ;D

razor
03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Is it true that Ryan Buenfae failed 4 subjects this year? Is this true or what? ???

So who said they pamper athletes in Baste? ;D

marmand
03-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Lets just give the kid a break and hopefully stop mentioning his defects. His still a kid, and GOD willing will use his abilities to better himself in all aspects of his life. Why not just dwell in discussing his capabilities in Basketball since that is his strength. ;)

shyboy
03-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Kelan ba graduation sa Baste? Dun natin malalaman kung pasado siya o hindi.

sephyu
03-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Or is Baste getting back at him for walking around the campus wearing the T-shirt from the other school. Didn't someone say that one of the friars got very irritated by that?

kats613
03-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Is it true that Ryan Buenfae failed 4 subjects this year?* *Is this true or what?* * *???

So who said they pamper athletes in Baste?* ;D

Even if that is true there's still the summer for him to make up and pass these subjects.

kats613
03-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Or is Baste getting back at him for walking around the campus wearing the T-shirt* from the other school. Didn't someone say that one of the friars got very irritated by that?

I doubt that, the powers that be at SSCR may very well have been ticked-off by what he did but am sure they're level headed and mature individuals such that they won't resort to sabotaging a student's future.

gelaibabydoll
03-29-2008, 11:31 AM

Even if that is true there's still the summer for him to make up and pass these subjects.

summer is an option, but 4 subjects? in most schools failing 3 subjects = repeat.
but before we get to that, alamin muna natin kung talagang bumagsak. baka naman "chorva" lang yan ;D

person
03-29-2008, 12:39 PM
maybe maayos yan if he agrees to play for the seniors team ng Baste.. sabi nga e nairita yung isang pari sa pagsusuot ng shirt diba..

Schortsanitis
03-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Those Priests are religious CHRISTIAN leaders, & I'm pretty sure that it is not in their hearts the thought of something like, "Since di na natin mapakinabangan iyan, pahirapan na rin natin para di mapakinabangan ng iba."

mighty_lion
03-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Kung saan man sya mapunta abangan nyo yong laro at hindi kayo magtataka kung bakit napakontrobersyal at pinag-uusapan yung bata. Mag-aadjust pa yan sa first year nya but fear what that guy can do come his second season in college.

shyboy
03-30-2008, 12:35 AM
^ That's if he makes it past first year college. I'm sure he will. ;D

bchoter
03-31-2008, 12:41 PM
mighty_lion yan ang hirap sa pagiging magaling. Whether he goes to school or not siguradong pagdududahan... ng mga eskuwelahang hindi niya pinaglalaruan.

May tawag diyan at nagsisimula sa letter "I". Indi pinili "D

batangueño
03-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Eh saan ba kasi siya pupunta? Kasalanan ba nung bata kung na over-hype siya as a basketball player? Eh di ba ang media at ang basketball fans ang nag-hype kay Ryan? ???

coreytaylor
03-31-2008, 01:14 PM
^ damn u nailed it! absolutely true!

chba_dude
04-01-2008, 11:05 AM
It's one thing to be hyped by fans or the media, but when gamefacers na ang naghype, talagang dapat pagkaguluhan. ;D

Besides, obviously the kid is more than hype. Mahusay talaga.

Kung sino man makakuha sa kanya, ipagtatanggol kung ano man akusasyon na ibato sa kanya. Ang di naman makakuha sa kanya, darating ang panahon na kung anu-ano ang sasabihin tungkol sa kanya.

mighty_lion
04-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Im not a huge Buenafe fan but admittedly the guy is a heck of a baller. Nakakapraning makakita ng naglalaro sa court na mukhang bored at tinatamad sa F4 at championship game. Is he all hype? I will stand with my initial evaluation.. Wait for his second season.

JonarSabilano
04-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Is it true that Ryan Buenfae failed 4 subjects this year?* *Is this true or what?* * *???

So who said they pamper athletes in Baste?* ;D

Even if that is true there's still the summer for him to make up and pass these subjects.*

summer is an option, but 4 subjects? in most schools failing 3 subjects = repeat.
but before we get to that, alamin muna natin kung talagang bumagsak. baka naman "chorva" lang yan* ;D

Nag-martsa raw nung Sabado.

AnthonyServinio
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM

* * *Food for thought -- marching and joining the rites does not necessarily mean a student has graduated.* When I was in high school, some of my classmates joined our graduation ceremonies but unlike the majority, their diploma cases had nothing but a sheet of typing paper inside.* They had to pass summer remedial classes in another school to get their real diploma.

The_Big_Cat
04-01-2008, 01:48 PM

but before we get to that, alamin muna natin kung talagang bumagsak. baka naman "chorva" lang yan ;D

Good for him (Ryan Buenafe).

LION
04-01-2008, 01:50 PM

* * *Food for thought -- marching and joining the rites does not necessarily mean a student has graduated.* When I was in high school, some of my classmates joined our graduation ceremonies but unlike the majority, their diploma cases had nothing but a sheet of typing paper inside.* They had to pass summer remedial classes in another school to get their real diploma.

Peeps,

I am not the type who will malign Ryan Buenafe. I just received an info which I would consider a 'rumor' that is why I raised the question. *Unfortunately, no one has confirmed or denied the rumor. *

Ryan Buenafe is just a kid and this is a basketball thread. *For me it is immaterial where he goes to college. *Ke Ateneo, La Salle o UP magpunta yan, let's wish him good luck. *

Regular Grey
04-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Buenafe dons Ateneo jersey in tune-up game
by Christian Soler
Thursday, 10 April 2008

TUNE-UP games don’t necessarily attract as much attention compared to contests that matter. Last Wednesday’s Ateneo-Jose Rizal University tilt, however, was an eye-catcher.

The matchup, won by the Blue Eagles 77-71 at the Moro Lorenzo Sports Complex, featured one of the most sought-after high school prospects in recent memory in a Blue and White jersey. Reigning NCAA Juniors basketball Most Valuable Player Ryan Buenafe, along with two other prized recruits, suited up for the Katipunan-based squad in a practice game that could very well lay to rest all the debates about where the 6’1” stalwart is going to attend college.

Two other high school superstars, Chiang Kai Shek’s Justin Chua and San Beda’s Nico Salva, also took the floor against the Heavy Bombers. A third, Vince Burke of Faith Academy and a teammate of current Blue Eagle Kirk Long was on the Ateneo bench but did not play. A reliable source who witnessed the game said Buenafe looked a little out of shape compared to Salva, who “was more active and had better court sense [in that game].”

Three preseason tournaments, to be kicked off by the Filoil Flying V showdown at the Philsports Arena this Sunday, April 13, will ultimately determine where Buenafe and even Chua and Salva will end up this season. Buenafe’s exhibition stint with Ateneo, though, can be seen as a step closer to unlocking the mystery surrounding his collegiate destination. Over the past six months, he has been linked to his high school, San Sebastian, San Beda and even De La Salle.

Buenafe led the San Sebastian Staglets to a three-peat this past season, averaging 32.5 points, 11.5 rebounds and 8.5 assists in his quintet’s two-game sweep of the Letran Squires. He also registered four triple-doubles in 12 appearances in his last playing year in the Juniors division