NU - Ponferrada, Jahnke
UE - Lee, Arellano, Martinez
UP - Gamboa, Lopez
UST - Cruz, Cuan, Ababou, Afuang, Camus, Fenequito

Jeep
10-10-2007, 11:18 AM
my additions (on top of those mentioned by paul_tams) :

adamson - cañada, gorospe, olalia
ateneo -basically the old-timers (tiu, salamat, escueta, al husseini, nkemakolam -- still my starting 5)
al salle - cua, barua, co, walsham
FEU- barroca, cervantes, knuttel
NU - salvado, luy (and asoro should still be there)
UE - llagas, lingganay, bandaying
UP - co, reyes, rivera
UST - scott, mirza

bchoter
10-10-2007, 02:04 PM
^ Jeep you might as well stop watching out for Scott in the UAAP. He's one-and-done. You can watch him in the PBL (with Harbour Center?)

paul_tamaraws
10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
my additions (on top of those mentioned by paul_tams) :

adamson - cañada, gorospe, olalia
ateneo -basically the old-timers (tiu, salamat, escueta, al husseini, nkemakolam -- still my starting 5)
al salle - cua, barua, co, walsham
FEU- barroca, cervantes, knuttel
NU - salvado, luy (and asoro should still be there)
UE - llagas, lingganay, bandaying
UP - co, reyes, rivera
UST - scott, mirza

asoro will not gonna play next year for NU, same with fernandez, aguilar, lingaolingao and malagueno

batangueño
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Asoro still has one more year to play for the NU Bulldogs. Depende na nga lang yun kung gagamitin pa niya yung natitirang taon niya o baka gawin din niya yung ginawa nina Marvin Cruz at Ken Bono this year.

NU will definitely lose Raymond Aguilar, Jonathan Fernandez, Jonathan Jahnke at Joseph Lingao-Lingao in 2008.

irateluvmachine
10-12-2007, 01:30 AM
what i'll be watching out for sure in season 71 would be the ryan buenafe sweepstakes...

ateneo, beda, la salle, baste or ust? all the top schools seem to be after him, with no definite news on where he's ending up...

FearTheTear
11-28-2007, 04:11 PM
ATENEO
Ken Baracosso- might be next season's Ford Arao.
Kirk Long- should have a more expanded role, and should play better now that he doesn't have rookie jitters.
Nonoy Baclao- showed great promise as a defensive demon, it will be interesting to see how he expands his game (ala-Meirhoffer)
Eric Salamat- Ateneo's only slashing guard, it remains to be seen if he is better off as a pass-first guard or if he should prioritize his scoring ability.
The rookies- should be interesting to see how they fit in to the Ateneo team concept. Obviously, they're talented offensively, but like earlier Ateneo blue-chippers, they'll have to sacrifice statistics for team wins.
LA SALLE
Simon Atkins- if I'm not mistaken, should be La Salle's starting point guard. Might be a breakout year.
Marko Batricevic- how will they play him?
UP
Mark Lopez- I've always thought he had more potential than Mike Gamboa, he would be great as a point guard because he has great size and can get into the lane. Also showed he didn't lose his cool when being pressed.
Co/De Asis/M.Reyes- will they bounce back from a terrible 2nd year showing?
Soc Rivera- UP desperately needs him to start playing like the player they envisioned him to be.
UST
Khasim Mirza- can he make the transition to great roleplayer to someone who could be UST's future star?
Japs Cuan- just because I spend every year wondering if he'll develop a jump shot.
UE
Hans Thiele- more than anyone on this list, I believe he has the tools and confidence to become a superstar. It's pretty evident from his showing in the ongoing PBL that he is very skilled and is beginning to be a go-to guy for his team.
NU
Edwin Asoro- will be next year's Patrick Cabahug (godly all-around stats with a terrible team record).
FEU
The elevated rookies- will they have "import"-like contributions?
Mac Baracael/Jr Cawaling- should be interesting to see which one will assert himself as the team's star player.
ADAMSON
Leo Canuday- has great promise as a combo guard, should now be Adamson's go-to-guy with his great athleticism and approach to the game. His jumper is improving as well, might be the next Ronald Tubid.
Jerrick Canada- could be a great point guard in the vein of guards such as Jonathan Jahnke and Rob Labagala: fearless contributers who never got any notice.

professor
11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Adamson will be fielding in Pappy Galinato next year. He is practising with the team a lot and is supported by the two guys from Guam (6'5" and 6'3") taking up residency.

JonarSabilano
11-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Adamson will be fielding in Pappy Galinato next year.* He is practising with the team a lot and is supported by the two guys from Guam (6'5" and 6'3") taking up residency.

Are these Guam guys Fil-Ams?

stat
11-29-2007, 06:46 PM
ilang years ang residency

Dark Knight
11-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Watch out for Garcia, a 6'1" guard from feu, is rumored to replace Arthur Reyes.

paul_tamaraws
11-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Watch out for Garcia, a 6'1" guard from feu, is rumored to replace Arthur Reyes.

slasher ito inside the paint and can hit outside the rainbow territory... he's an additional firepower to the Tams' next UAAP season...

Schortsanitis
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Breakout Alert:

Rabeh Al-Husseini (ADMU) - Good games during the University Games & CCL
Dylan Ababou (UST) - Good games during the CCL
Francis Allera (UST) - Good games during the CCL

aircanda
11-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Adamson will be fielding in Pappy Galinato next year.* He is practising with the team a lot and is supported by the two guys from Guam (6'5" and 6'3") taking up residency.

galeng siya sa la salle di ba? eto ba yung kasabayan ni japhet sa mapua nung hs?

professor
12-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Si Pappy Galinato was not able to play for DLSU as it got suspended. He then went to SBC and ended up in AdU. The two imports are big and muscular. However, with the coaching not yet final we might not know how this will pan out.

jembengzon
12-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Si Pappy Galinato was not able to play for DLSU as it got suspended.* He then went to SBC and ended up in AdU.* The two imports are big and muscular.* However, with the coaching not yet final we might not know how this will pan out.

prof, are there any implications to the boys eligibility ? did he enroll in any of the three schools ?

professor
12-01-2007, 04:04 PM
The two imports are ages 20-21 so AdU might have a problem on the serviceability of the two as by the time they are eligible, they might be able to only play for 1-2 years.

The 6-8 guy from Davao Agricultural school turns out to be like 6'5" (Ahambot?) and still not athletic. It is like Berame being 6'7" but in the last CCL looked small as he was compared to small players.

aircanda
12-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Si Pappy Galinato was not able to play for DLSU as it got suspended.* He then went to SBC and ended up in AdU.* The two imports are big and muscular.* However, with the coaching not yet final we might not know how this will pan out.

prof.. im quite sure na nakita ko si galinato playing for the archers back in 04.. highly recruited "ata" siya nun?

christian
12-02-2007, 01:20 AM
I agree sir, very limited minutes lang yata sya sa DLSU. He could have been a good low post player for SBC if not for his off court antics, very good passer, left handed pa.

Schortsanitis
12-02-2007, 12:03 PM
The two imports are ages 20-21 so AdU might have a problem on the serviceability of the two as by the time they are eligible, they might be able to only play for 1-2 years.

The 6-8 guy from Davao Agricultural school turns out to be like 6'5" (Ahambot?) and still not athletic.* It is like Berame being 6'7" but in the last CCL looked small as he was compared to small players.

professor, the guy's name I think is JOEL AMBOHOT, playing for the Agro Industrial Foundation College Sailors in Davao City.

So, you've seen this guy play, & confirmed he's not really 6'8", & not really that good, right?

professor
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
The nephew of my wife used to be a star player in that school. Ahambot was his team mate. He was a little taller than him. He called his coach and talked about the growth spurt of Ahambot. He was told that Ahambot just grew two inches and is not 6'7" but rather 6'5". He is still not athletic as in the time he left the school last year.

Schortsanitis
12-02-2007, 08:22 PM
The nephew of my wife used to be a star player in that school.* Ahambot was his team mate.* He was a little taller than him.* He called his coach and talked about the growth spurt of Ahambot.* He was told that Ahambot just grew two inches and is not 6'7" but rather 6'5".* He is still not athletic as in the time he left the school last year.

Thanks for the info.

As for the name, is it "Ahambot", or "Ambohot"? I saw some news articles from some online newspapers from the south, & they indicated a player named "Ambohot" from AIFC in the boxscores. The links are gone now, but managed to preserve some pics of the pages thru "Snag-It".

canmaker
12-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Basta dili AMBOT ha .... Hehehe

salsa caballero
12-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Ay pastilan, AMBOT sa imo! What-iber! ;D

sobsil
12-03-2007, 07:59 PM
There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding Clark Bautista, i have been hearing all sorts of rumors...from him being the next Chris Tiu to a spot up shooter who can't do anything else. So is he more like Tiu or more like de Assis. That's almost like comparing night and day. No offense to any Maroon fan out there.

ankle breaker
12-05-2007, 12:01 AM
what about justin chua and ryan buenafe? reports coming out that they are playing for the blue eagles next year.

professor
12-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Sorry guys I just mispelled his name.

aircanda
12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
prof.. ilang years na lang ang eligibility ni pappy sa ADU?

abcdef
12-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I saw Clark Bautista play in MMBL and i think he is more of a Ritualo than Tiu.

professor
12-06-2007, 08:39 AM
The guiding rule is seven years after high school. He is a bacthmate of Japeth so he might have a max of 2 years.

aircanda
12-06-2007, 04:46 PM
The guiding rule is seven years after high school.* He is a bacthmate of Japeth so he might have a max of 2 years.

magreresidency pa siya sa adu? kasi nag san beda siya db?

bchoter
12-06-2007, 06:40 PM
^ Is he considered a transfer from another league even if he never played Team A ball there?

professor
12-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Pappy Galinato has been practising with the team for months already. I do not know the timing so there might be questions here that only AdU can answer next year.

addikt
12-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Hi...Newbie here..

just some questions.

- Buenafe and Chua seems to be going to ADMU, while Webb most probably will go to La Salle. Where will Salva and Bautista go? From my readings, It seems Salva wants to go to UP while Bautista wants to play for UST. However some "other" schools are trying to convince these rookies to go play for them. So, any reports on where these two rookies are going?

- Reports on other rookies aside from the blue chippers?

For me the players to watch out next season would be Ababou,Mirza, Lee, Batricevic, Cawaling, Cervantes, and of course, Buenafe. ;D

peterstrauss
12-07-2007, 09:15 AM
admu is also trying to recruit salva but for all these talks there is nothing definite until june of 2008 when these students-athletes enrolled in the universities. dapat ang itanong sa kanila is this - why do you want to enroll in admu, up, dlsu, ust, ue, feu, adu, nu?

baka majority dyan ang sagot ay - to play basketball ...

dapat ang main basis natin sa admu is - TO STUDY ..... 2nd nalang yung to play basketball .... kasi pag their answer is the 2nd & we get them .... pareho na lahat

crees
12-13-2007, 08:38 PM
ask ko lang po, since chris tiu did not played last season 68, makakapaglaro pa po ba sya next year?

adamson: taga adu ako pero ala talaga akong nalalaman sa mga bagong recruit ng school.. di na kasi ako napapagawi sa gym. but jerry canada is pwede na as well as lester alvarez,.. konting shaping na lang.. and of course, leo canuday. minsan nga lang madalas syang ma-foul. hehehe. puro pala sila point guard.. si yambot may potential sya. mukhang kabado lang
ateneo: i really like kirk long. he's a superstar in the making. pati na din si baclao. laking bulas. hahaha
dlsu: rico maierhoffer tps my list. si cua pwede na rin.
feu: jr cawaling (for personal reasons, hahaha!!) si sanga nakakagulat sya.
ust: mirza. and of course jervy cruz.
nu: andami palang mawawala sa kanila. ala na tuloy akong kilalang bago.
up: martin reyes. migs de asis. woody co. i hope they will make it this time. sayang eh. may talent pa naman.
ue: arellano. martinez. llagas. lee. fampulme. package deal pa rin ang ue eh. :D

stonecold316
01-16-2008, 01:24 AM
UST - Khasim Mirza, Dylan Ababou, Francis Allera (hold muna sa rookies, hehe)
Ateneo - Kirk Long, Nonoy Baclao
DLSU - Cua, Bader Malabes, Betrievic
UE - James Martinez and Paul Lee
FEU - JR Cawaling and Paul Sanga
UP - Woody Co, Martin Reyes
Adamson - Leo Canuday (pwede pa diba)

yung NU di ko kilala new recruits

ocean
01-17-2008, 10:16 AM
admu is also trying to recruit salva but for all these talks there is nothing definite until june of 2008 when these students-athletes enrolled in the universities.* dapat ang itanong sa kanila is this - why do you want to enroll in admu, up, dlsu, ust, ue, feu, adu, nu?

dapat ang main basis natin sa admu is - TO STUDY ..... 2nd nalang yung to play basketball .... kasi pag their answer is the 2nd & we get them .... pareho na lahat

Ah, so Buenafe is going to ADMU to STUDY! Good, kasi he's not doing that in Baste.

shyboy
01-17-2008, 11:56 AM
admu is also trying to recruit salva but for all these talks there is nothing definite until june of 2008 when these students-athletes enrolled in the universities.* dapat ang itanong sa kanila is this - why do you want to enroll in admu, up, dlsu, ust, ue, feu, adu, nu?

Ah, so Buenafe is going to ADMU to STUDY! Good, kasi he's not doing that in Baste.

Genius pala yang si Buenafe. Kayang mag-college kahit di nag-aaral sa high school.

erichubert
01-17-2008, 02:17 PM
It is safe to say that if Buenafe continues to ignore his studies in Baste right now, he won't be going to Ateneo because he won't be accepted. It doesn't matter how good it is, that is how it is in Loyola, maybe we can ask Webb the same question, I heard magcollege din siya kahit di nag-aaral sa high school.

5FootCarrot
01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't know the real story with Ryan Buenafe or Joshua Webb, so I can't respond to the remarks being made about them (not that I was planning to). However, I will say that the current discussion is not only unpleasant, but also strays from the topic. Maybe we should just limit the coverage of this thread on "players to watch out for" to guys who played in the UAAP seniors last year and are coming back next year, to avoid the muckraking on high-profile recruits.

I'm not a mod here, just an ordinary forum member, but speaking in that capacity I'd like to request everyone to keep the discussion from degenerating into bashing and mean gossip.

Thank you for your time.

Fried Green Tomato
01-18-2008, 01:42 AM
It's all over the tsismis thread... but just like the title of the thread - tsismis... so far.

We expect buenafe to still go to ateneo.

A month or so ago, lots of news about buenafe but I'm wondering now why the sudden news blackout??? ::)

Jump_Shooter
01-18-2008, 06:04 AM
I don't know the real story with Ryan Buenafe or Joshua Webb, so I can't respond to the remarks being made about them (not that I was planning to). However, I will say that the current discussion is not only unpleasant, but also strays from the topic. Maybe we should just limit the coverage of this thread on "players to watch out for" to guys who played in the UAAP seniors last year and are coming back next year, to avoid the muckraking on high-profile recruits.

I'm not a mod here, just an ordinary forum member, but speaking in that capacity I'd like to request everyone to keep the discussion from degenerating into bashing and mean gossip.

Thank you for your time.

You heard the lady. :)

Can we please not take potshots at each other's recruits? Para walang away, based on my personal information, BOTH Webb and Buenafe aren't exactly running for honors in their respective high schools. So let's leave it at that. As for carrot's request to limit the discussion to existing seniors players, I will have to disagree with this. If the potential player has generated so much hype even though he hasn't officially enrolled, then he certainly qualifies as a player to watch out for.

5FootCarrot
01-18-2008, 08:02 AM
As for carrot's request to limit the discussion to existing seniors players, I will have to disagree with this. If the potential player has generated so much hype even though he hasn't officially enrolled, then he certainly qualifies as a player to watch out for.

No problem with that, sir :) Back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Nike Air
01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Good thing that this has been monitored. Nauuwi sa pulaan ng tao yung discussions e and worse this becomes a Pex thread na hindi napapansin.

Going on topic, failing the entrance test is not a good gauge of a player's (or person for that matter) intellectual capability. Madaming factors ang dapat ma-consider if a person fails on an entrance exam especially that this is one-time scenario (since you take this only once). The challenge here is that if Buenafe goes to Ateneo, how well can he adapt sa academic pressure dun with all the news coming out na hindi nga siya mahilig mag-aral. One solution might be giving a lot of tutors and sana they might be successful with this one.

For sure Buenafe will solidify Ateneo's chances in season 71 of winning the UAAP championship. They'll be my number one team for the preseason rankings if Buenafe plays for the Katipunan school.

stonecold316
01-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Reports of Ryan Buenafe and Joshua Webb not interested in their studies is quite disheartening. Sana huwag lang basketball ang atupagin nila kasi hindi sila forever magiging isang basketball player. What if ma-injure sila permanently? Saan Sila pupulutin niyan? Kung makapagtapos sila ng pag-aaral, at least they will have a fall-back.

Anyway, para hindi maging off-topic, if ever matuloy ang dalawang players na yan maglaro sa UAAP (regardless kung saan man sila mapuntang team) I'm sure they will make an immediate impact both inside and outside the court. Heard that the two has solid following in the junior's division so welcome development ito for the UAAP.

stonecold316

oca
01-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Let us temper our expectations on incoming college freshmen who are playing the 5 or 4 positions in high school.

High school center and power forwards are the ones who adjust the most at the varsity level. They no longer have the advantage in height and heft. Sliding to the "smaller positions" would have them matched up against faster players who may be equally same in size or may even be bigger or taller than them.

Not since the time of Benjie Paras was there a high school big man who made an impact on the college ranks right off his freshman year. Pero sa mga guards, either uno or dos, palagay ko kung blue chip pwedeng sumabay, but not the "big boys".

Kaya hinay-hinay lang tayo sa mga college freshmen na yan. Huwag masyadong i-pressure.

Pressured na nga sa academics, pressured pa sa expectations. ;D ;D ;D

boyscout
01-21-2008, 05:21 PM
David Webb is attending class and passing his subjects. My guess he is being dragged down because of the revelation on RB's academic standing in his school. Maybe another case of talangka mentality.

It's actually surprising that the other side is doing that to him when he is actually being hounded and recruited to study and play for them.

shyboy
01-21-2008, 06:42 PM
^ For me, it's Webb over Buenafe anytime in terms of talent, academics and puso't sipag sa paglaro.

Scout
01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Joshua Webb's desire to excel, and his athleticism will always overshadow his academic abilities. He studies hard, contrary to the usual posts in this fora. He has been doing well, considering the standards that DLSZ has.

David will prove to be a great addition to the DLSU Team.

irateluvmachine
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Good thing that this has been monitored.* Nauuwi sa pulaan ng tao yung discussions e and worse this becomes a Pex thread na hindi napapansin.

Going on topic, failing the entrance test is not a good gauge of a player's (or person for that matter) intellectual capability.* Madaming factors ang dapat ma-consider if a person fails on an entrance exam especially that this is one-time scenario (since you take this only once).* The challenge here is that if Buenafe goes to Ateneo, how well can he adapt sa academic pressure dun with all the news coming out na hindi nga siya mahilig mag-aral.* One solution might be giving a lot of tutors and sana they might be successful with this one.

For sure Buenafe will solidify Ateneo's chances in season 71 of winning the UAAP championship.* They'll be my number one team for the preseason rankings if Buenafe plays for the Katipunan school.

i second the motion...let's not let this thread turn into (ahem, ahem) another pex-type thread...

ryan buenafe would be the only exception to what 5fc said about discussing existing seniors players...the hype surrounding him has been considerably louder than most other incoming freshmen in quite a while, and he's sure to be a contributor to any school he decides to play for, mapa-UAAP man o NCAA...

blueatheart
01-21-2008, 10:10 PM
^ For me, it's Webb over Buenafe anytime in terms of talent, academics and puso't sipag sa paglaro.

webb is like another maierhoffer for DLSU. strong in rebounds and, when i watched the jrs finals, his asset mainly is his ability to get the offensive rebounds, the thing which i think killed the blue eaglets, and go for a strong put back and blocks as well. Buenafe can be compared to fonacier. he could play as a guard and as a small forward. he has a 3 point shot and could drive in the lane and he can also pass the ball. he can also rebound (based on statistics) but not as good as webb. this is understandable naman because of the height and leaping ability.

these are the assets of the two IMO lang and i think sa pangangailangan lang ng team ang magddetermine who is better.

back to the topic: i think for DLSU, the players to watch out for is atkins (watch lang, not necessarily expecting a drastic improvement from last season) and Malabes. for ateneo, there is long, rabeh, baclao, salamat. the team that i can't wait to see is FEU with their import.

Fried Green Tomato
01-22-2008, 02:09 AM
buenafe is studying at san sebastian while webb is studying at DLSZ. I think there's little (or no comparison) at all when it comes to the school with stricter academic requirements for its students.

There's a world of difference between a player struggling and trying very hard to study to a player showing little (or no) effort at all.

Webb is no rocket scientist but he's doing well at zobel. As for buenafe as a student, he has been the real subject of doubt. While there maybe rumors of him being academically deficient (some say he's just too lazy), it is not a hindrance for him or to anyone to get a quality education. If ateneo wants to pursue buenafe and give him the education it gives to all its students eventhough they know his deficiencies then at their own risk go for it

To be fair, I think we have no right to deprive or even ridicule a player from getting a good education from a real good school just because of the perception that he is an intellectual lightweight... the decision to get him rest solely to the school recruiting him. But by doing so, the school is only answerable to its community - admin, faculty, students, alumni & supporters. In short, to each his own - different schools have different standards.

In a way, the players have become the victims of the unnecessary hype by some (or soon to be) supporters. The moment you project a player to someone bigger than him in the real life then you're not doing any good to him. Nowadays, it is very easy to check the veracity of a news or information as there are many avenues available to do the verification. It is better that you just keep quiet or just tell the plain truth... and no hypocrisy at all.

LION
01-22-2008, 07:48 AM
^ I agree with FGT. I pity the kids who are suddenly thrown into the limelight and become the subject of ridicule. If Buenafe is lazy to study, there is still hope for him. Bata pa naman yan. What he is now is a combination of many factors, e.g., personal, school (allowing the situation), environment and family.

It appears now that Buenafe has suddenly become some sort of a leper. Pano yan? Iiwasan na ba yan ng Ateneo o DLSU because of the stigma brought about by his lack of zeal in studying? What the kid needs now is a school with a good basketball program supported by good academic mentoring.

Buenafe is still a kid. Pwede namang pangaralan yan. Pwedeng bantayan sa kolehiyo. If he says that he will reform, mend his ways and promises to be a good student, then by all means let's give him a chance.

shyboy
01-22-2008, 08:42 AM
^ I agree with the two above comments. However, what does it take for this to happen? Ipapasa na lang ba yung bata sa HS at gagawan ng diploma kahit hindi dapat kasi aasikasuhin naman siya sa college? What if the knowledge level of the individual is nowhere near 4th-year-HS standards? Ngayon if one school dares to extremely lower its acceptance standards using the excuse that tutoring will be provided anyway, then so be it.

Funny thing though, these are the same hypocrites who maligned Mac-Mac when he came in to Taft. Eh mukhang mas malala pa ata itong pinaguusapan natin.

Schortsanitis
01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
buenafe is studying at san sebastian while webb is studying at DLSZ. I think there's little (or no comparison) at all when it comes to the school with stricter academic requirements for its students.

Ouch. I'm not from Baste, but I guess schools from SSC would not feel great about reading such stuff.

salsa caballero
01-22-2008, 11:19 AM
^I second the motion. The Recollects will definitely not appreciate this sort of statement, and will certainly have a comeback of their own... but then everyone is entitled to an opinion.

gallery
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
After winning the UAAP Jrs. Crown, Joshua Webb has been working hard on his studies, knowing well that his dream of playing college ball and graduating with a College degree will depend on his HS academic performance.

shyboy
01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
^ So that's the reason why he's not in the list of NBTC aspirants. Maybe when he's done with his HS academic responsibilities, he can take time to play for the Youth team.

dioning
01-22-2008, 02:22 PM
^I second the motion. The Recollects will definitely not appreciate this sort of statement, and will certainly have a comeback of their own... but then everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Aba! alam ba ni OCT eto?
Paging Omar da walking hotdog, your alma mater needs you!
Kailangan ng mga Recoletos ang depensa niyo.*

boyscout
01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
^ So that's the reason why he's not in the list of NBTC aspirants. Maybe when he's done with his HS academic responsibilities, he can take time to play for the Youth team.

I believe he missed the age cut-off requirement by a few months, similar to the case of Justin Chua.

stonecold316
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Unfair nga naman na i-compare and San Sebastian sa De La Salle Zobel. Anyway, I always believe na Baste is a good school especially on the kind of education that it gives to its students. Baka magalit ang mga tao Recoletos dahl sa comment ni FGT. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

danny
01-23-2008, 05:56 AM
Who is Cardel?

danny
01-23-2008, 06:02 AM
There's a world of difference between a player struggling and trying very hard to study to a player showing little (or no) effort at all.

Webb is no rocket scientist but he's doing well at zobel. As for buenafe as a student, he has been the real subject of doubt. While there maybe rumors of him being academically deficient (some say he's just too lazy), it is not a hindrance for him or to anyone to get a quality education. If ateneo wants to pursue buenafe and give him the education it gives to all its students eventhough they know his deficiencies then at their own risk go for it

To be fair, I think we have no right to deprive or even ridicule a player from getting a good education from a real good school just because of the perception that he is an intellectual lightweight... the decision to get him rest solely to the school recruiting him. But by doing so, the school is only answerable to its community - admin, faculty, students, alumni & supporters. In short, to each his own - different schools have different standards.

In a way, the players have become the victims of the unnecessary hype by some (or soon to be) supporters. The moment you project a player to someone bigger than him in the real life then you're not doing any good to him. Nowadays, it is very easy to check the veracity of a news or information as there are many avenues available to do the verification. It is better that you just keep quiet or just tell the plain truth... and no hypocrisy at all.

I think La Salle partisans are also not in the proper position to preach honesty around here.

Zobel? No comment. :D

danny
01-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Genius pala yang si Buenafe.* Kayang mag-college kahit di nag-aaral sa high school.

I just hope La Sallians still remember Cardel.

If the kid has high hopes of entering Ateneo, let him be. Huwag nang sisiraan pa. If you want, attack the school and not the recruit.

danny
01-23-2008, 06:13 AM
^* I agree with the two above comments.* However, what does it take for this to happen?* Ipapasa na lang ba yung bata sa HS at gagawan ng diploma kahit hindi dapat kasi aasikasuhin naman siya sa college?* What if the knowledge level of the individual is nowhere near 4th-year-HS standards?* Ngayon if one school dares to extremely lower its acceptance standards using the excuse that tutoring will be provided anyway, then so be it.*

Funny thing though, these are the same hypocrites who maligned Mac-Mac when he came in to Taft.* Eh mukhang mas malala pa ata itong pinaguusapan natin.

Those same people will get the point eventually. Spare Baste and Buenafe. La Salle also benefitted from Baste in the 80s c/o Cardel.

danny
01-23-2008, 06:16 AM
Besides, hindi naman katalinuhan ang karamihan ng mga college players* sa UAAP at NCAA.* ;D :D

Teka nga muna, saang mga HS ba galing itong mga "players to watch for"?

oca
01-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Besides, hindi naman katalinuhan ang karamihan ng mga college players* sa UAAP at NCAA.* ;D :D

Sa maraming nabanggit na tiyak pwedeng maglaro next season, si Webb lang yata ang taga-UAAP.

Ang lalaki ng mga hs departments hila, napakakonti lang ng varsity grade players na nagmumula sa bakuran nila.

Talking about preserving.... "identity...tradition...and history"... ;D ;D ;D

O sige na, isang facet lang yan...

To get back on topic, naiinip na ako sa pagdating ng summer para mapasimulan yung FMC at Nike. Dito talaga malalaman sino yung mga unheralded players to watch out for in Season71.

mighty_lion
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Paumanhin mga co-gamefacers I hope we could stick to the topic otherwise medyo nagmumukha tayong Pex dito.* :-[

Going back to the topic, ako to up to this date dalawa lang muna ang bet ko for players to watch next season excluding known veterans of course. Acuna of UE and Maliksi of UST. These are the guys who got my nod ngayong mga offseason tournaments.

boyscout
01-23-2008, 11:22 AM

I think La Salle partisans are also not in the proper position to preach honesty around here.

Zobel? No comment. :D

San Beda high and Bene? Cge na nga no comment na rin

person
01-23-2008, 12:56 PM

I for one am not appreciative of the remark made about San Sebastian.. Being an alumnus of Baste, it hurts me to read negative remarks about my former Alma Mater.. I'd just like to share some info to those who don't really know what it's like to study in Baste..

San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Manila (SSC-RM) or Colegio de San Sebastian - Recoletos de Manila (CSS-RM), is a Catholic institution of higher learning recognized by the Philippine Government. The school is a part of the Recollect schools in the Philippines, it is owned and operated by the Augustinian Recollect Fathers.

It was named after the saint martyr of Rome, to whom a church (Basilica Minore de San Sebastian) at Legarda Street, is dedicated.

The College was given Level 3 accredition by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities in the Elementary department, High School Department and the College Department including the Graduate Studies and College of Law.

Although it may not have the University status, it is one of the recognized schools in the Philippines..

I just hope wherever Buenafe or Webb end up, these 2 will surely be the star players for their respective teams.. :)

AnthonyServinio
01-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Who is Cardel?

* * *JOHNEDEL CARDEL was the star player of De La Salle from 1988 to 1992.* He was a transferee from San Sebastian-Manila but was able to play immediately because he was enrolled in a non-degree program, a secretarial course, at his old school.* Cardel played for the Stags in NCAA '87.* He was also a member of the 1987 Philippine Youth NT.

* * *The first issue raised against him by DLSU's detractors was that he failed to pass the National College Entrance Exam (NCEE), a requirement for all high school seniors at that time.* This has yet to be proven to this day. By the way, Cardel studied high school at the then Jose Rizal College in Mandaluyong.

* * *Second, Cardel was enrolled not in DLSU but another school, Saint Benilde, along with several other DLSU athletes from all sports.* That resulted in an en masse transfer across Taft Avenue, with Cardel shifting from an AB Management course at CSB to AB Humanities at DLSU.

* * *Anyway, Cardel went on to have a long and fruitful basketball career after the UAAP, playing for the PBL (Magnolia), PBA (Alaska, Santa Lucia, Shell) and MBA (Negros, Olongapo).

AnthonyServinio
01-23-2008, 03:36 PM
^* I agree with the two above comments.* However, what does it take for this to happen?* Ipapasa na lang ba yung bata sa HS at gagawan ng diploma kahit hindi dapat kasi aasikasuhin naman siya sa college?* What if the knowledge level of the individual is nowhere near 4th-year-HS standards?* Ngayon if one school dares to extremely lower its acceptance standards using the excuse that tutoring will be provided anyway, then so be it.*

Funny thing though, these are the same hypocrites who maligned Mac-Mac when he came in to Taft.* Eh mukhang mas malala pa ata itong pinaguusapan natin.

Those same people will get the point eventually. Spare Baste and Buenafe. La Salle also benefitted from Baste in the 80s c/o Cardel.

* * *ASIDE FROM Johnedel Cardel, De La Salle was also able to recruit Ponce Castelo from San Sebastian.* Castelo transferred in 1989 and played his first and only UAAP season in 1990. A decade later, DLSU would again draw from the Stags center Carlo Sharma.

dioning
01-23-2008, 04:56 PM

* * *ASIDE FROM Johnedel Cardel, De La Salle was also able to recruit Ponce Castelo from San Sebastian.* Castelo transferred in 1989 and played his first and only UAAP season in 1990.* A decade later, DLSU would again draw from the Stags center Carlo Sharma.

ang tsismax noon eh cardel's ncee average was 11%
my friend was ponce castelo's schoolmate in baste
i remember him telling me that castelo was a tranferee from dlsu

another baste who transferred to lasalle was el presidente don ramon fernandez
fernandez was a transferee from usjr but never suited up for baste
while fernandez was a red shirt for baste, he was pirated by dlsu
after spending 1 year as a red shirt for dlsu fernandez decided to play for smc in the micaa instead
that's why he also did not suit-up for the green and white

a former officemate told me that his LSGH classmate elmer reyes was also recruited by baste
he (reyes) and fernandez were supposed to play together for baste
but reyes later transferred and played for the red lions
i think his son is now playing for the stags (or staglets ata)

bigfreeze_bibby
01-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, Elmer Reyes' son Raffy plays for the UE Red Warriors but played for the San Sebastian Staglets back in high school. I'm not sure though if Elmer has other sons playing for the Staglets.

shyboy
01-23-2008, 06:31 PM
after spending 1 year as a red shirt for dlsu fernandez decided to play for smc in the micaa instead

a former officemate told me that his LSGH classmate elmer reyes was also recruited by baste

Elmer Reyes and Ramon Fernandez supposed to play together for baste? Fernandez I think is at least a decade older than Reyes. Pumasok siya ng PBA 1975 while Reyes became pro in the mid-80s thru San Miguel.

stonecold316
01-23-2008, 06:50 PM

Elmer Reyes and Ramon Fernandez supposed to play together for baste? Fernandez I think is at least a decade older than Reyes. Pumasok siya ng PBA 1975 while Reyes became pro in the mid-80s thru San Miguel.

Gulat din ako ng nabasa ko to. Ang laki ng agwat ng edad ni El Presidenta Ramon Fernandez at ni Elmer Reyes. Malabong nagkaabot sila nung college days.

stonecold316

dioning
01-23-2008, 07:03 PM

I for one am not appreciative of the remark made about San Sebastian.. Being an alumnus of Baste, it hurts me to read negative remarks about my former Alma Mater.. I'd just like to share some info to those who don't really know what it's like to study in Baste..

San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Manila (SSC-RM) or Colegio de San Sebastian - Recoletos de Manila (CSS-RM), is a Catholic institution of higher learning recognized by the Philippine Government. The school is a part of the Recollect schools in the Philippines, it is owned and operated by the Augustinian Recollect Fathers.

It was named after the saint martyr of Rome, to whom a church (Basilica Minore de San Sebastian) at Legarda Street, is dedicated.

The College was given Level 3 accredition by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities in the Elementary department, High School Department and the College Department including the Graduate Studies and College of Law.

Although it may not have the University status, it is one of the recognized schools in the Philippines..

I just hope wherever Buenafe or Webb end up, these 2 will surely be the star players for their respective teams.. :)

Bravo Baste!

some famous sebastinian alumni
Parañaque Reps. Eduardo Zialcita (1st Dist.) and Roilo Golez (2nd Dist.)
Former Pangasinan Governor and Executive Secretary Oscar Orbos
Former Ilocos Sur Governor Chavit Singson
Rocker Ruperto "Boy" Camara
Palawan Mayor Edward Hagedorn
Sta.Lucia Realty's Exequiel Robles

the recoletos were also famous for brewing beer
it was said that during the early 1900's smc saw the rcoletos as a threat to their beer business
kaya what smc did was buy the beer recipe of the recoletos
yung pale pilsen na iniinum natin ngayon was said to be originally brewed by the recoletos

kaya wag niyong ismolin ang baste!

dioning
01-23-2008, 07:15 PM

Elmer Reyes and Ramon Fernandez supposed to play together for baste?* Fernandez I think is at least a decade older than Reyes.* Pumasok siya ng PBA 1975 while Reyes became pro in the mid-80s thru San Miguel.

Gulat din ako ng nabasa ko to. Ang laki ng agwat ng edad ni El Presidenta Ramon Fernandez at ni Elmer Reyes. Malabong nagkaabot sila nung college days.

stonecold316

ganyan din ang reaction ko nung sinabi sa akin eto
sinabi sa akin ito nung mga early 1990's siguro yon
naglalaro pa nga si elmer reyes nun eh
sabi ko sa ex-officemate ko eh paano mangyayari yon eh di ba malaki tanda ni don ramon kay reyes
i think that time nearing 40 na si el presidente
pero ang sabi sakin halos magka-edad lang si reyes at fernandez
puedeng totoo siguro kasi gurang na yun officemate kong yun nung early 90's eh
sobrang taba pa hehehe....*
enway, just correct me nalang if i'm wrong

bchoter
01-23-2008, 09:34 PM
^ Just do the math and you'll know there's not even a chance for both players to play in varsity TOGETHER. You were obviously taken for a ride.

pio_valenz
01-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Totally impossible that Mon Fernandez and Elmer Reyes are about the same age. Fernandez was born in 1953, Reyes in 1962. Remember, El Presidente played for the RP Team in 1973, while Reyes was part of Danding Cojuangco's NCC team of the early 80s. Fernandez was a PBA pioneer in 1975. Reyes joined the PBA in 1986. So please tell me how their ages can't be too far apart. It's just not possible.

danny
01-24-2008, 01:33 AM
San Beda high and Bene? Cge na nga no comment na rin

Hi! We haven't been introduced. I'm Danny. Bedistang tunay na galing Baste na isa ding La Salista. :D

I see you are new in gameface. Welcome!

Back to the topic.

So from what high schools are these new kids coming from?

danny
01-24-2008, 01:43 AM

Sa maraming nabanggit na tiyak pwedeng maglaro next season, si Webb lang yata ang taga-UAAP.

Ang lalaki ng mga hs departments hila, napakakonti lang ng varsity grade players na nagmumula sa bakuran nila.

Talking about preserving.... "identity...tradition...and history"... ;D ;D ;D

O sige na, isang facet lang yan...

To get back on topic, naiinip na ako sa pagdating ng summer para mapasimulan yung FMC at Nike. Dito talaga malalaman sino yung mga unheralded players to watch out for in Season71.

Hmm. Si Webb lang ba?

danny
01-24-2008, 02:22 AM
* * *ASIDE FROM Johnedel Cardel, De La Salle was also able to recruit Ponce Castelo from San Sebastian.* Castelo transferred in 1989 and played his first and only UAAP season in 1990.* A decade later, DLSU would again draw from the Stags center Carlo Sharma.

Thanks for the info, my fellow Bedan. I do hope our fellow alumni from La Salle and the other gamefacers got the point already. ;D

Fried Green Tomato
01-24-2008, 06:23 AM
OT:

What i stated was my opinion.

I've no doubt that San Sebastian is a good school but i still think that DLSZ is the better school. I maybe bias with my assessment but that's what i firmly believe.

If others think otherwise then so be it.

danny
01-24-2008, 07:27 AM
OT:

I've no doubt that San Sebastian is a good school but i still think that DLSZ is the better school. I maybe bias with my assessment but that's what i firmly believe.

You should have followed you own advise to just keep quiet.

In my opinion also, the main difference between Zobel and Baste High is the socio-economic profile of the students. Heck, many students from both Baste and Zobel usually end up in La Salle for college anyway. La Salle is the favorite school of many HS Sebastinians together with UST.

This thing about academic standards would never have been raised by La Salistas around here had Buenafe decided to enter La Salle. You accepted Cardel and the other Sebastinian players into your fold. You accepted players from shabbier high schools and colleges and embraced them as fellow La Salistas.

Probably it's Ateneo's time to attract these Sebastinians. Let them be.

Sir, just follow your own advise.

danny
01-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Now let's go back to the topic.

Saang mga HS ba galing itong mga "players to watch out for"? Are there more potential recruits from their respective high schools?

LION
01-24-2008, 08:20 AM
[
it was said that during the early 1900's smc saw the rcoletos as a threat to their beer business
yung pale pilsen na iniinum natin ngayon was said to be originally brewed by the recoletos

Famous pala ang Recoletos for brewing beer. Ang Benedictine monks naman famous for wine. At pag may amats na, nagsisimula na silang mag chant (joke!). Let's drink to that! ;D

LION
01-24-2008, 08:23 AM

Thanks for the info, my fellow Bedan. I do hope our* fellow alumni from La Salle* and the other gamefacers got the point already.* ;D

Bakit kasi ang mga Pilipino e minamaliit ang mas mahirap na kapwa nilang Pilipino. Kaya nagkaka rebolusyon dahil sa ganyang kultura.

shyboy
01-24-2008, 08:44 AM
No one is saying everyone from any school is bobo as we all know there will always be bright spots. *Maybe if we just be a little realistic with such things as academic standards, then there shouldn't be much discussion about the opinions made here. *I'm neither from Zobel nor Baste. *I'm not even from any other La Salle high school. *But I can say I am at peace with my high school's place under the sun. *It's up to us to go beyond what our school can offer.

Back to topic. :)

danny
01-24-2008, 08:46 AM
No one is saying everyone from any school is bobo as we all know there will always be bright spots. *Maybe if we just be a little realistic with such things as academic standards, then there shouldn't be much discussion about the opinions made here. *I'm neither from Zobel nor Baste. *I'm not even from any other La Salle high school. *But I can say I am at peace with my high school's place under the sun. *It's up to us to go beyond what our school can offer.

What HS if I may ask?

Jeep
01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
[

Famous pala ang Recoletos for brewing beer.* Ang Benedictine monks naman famous for wine. At pag may amats na, nagsisimula na silang mag chant (joke!).* Let's drink to that!* *;D

i was told the christian brothers are also nothing to sneeze at when it comes to making wine. if i recall, i think i saw some bottles with a "christian brothers" label on them on some wine rack somewhere.

anyway, back to topic. i think we'll know exactly who to watch out for when the summer leagues begin. i wouldn't exactly feel comfortable sneaking into moro, the CHK premises, or the gyms in downtown manila just to see who are the new faces in practice.

LION
01-24-2008, 08:53 AM

^Completely agree on both paragraphs. ;D

danny
01-24-2008, 08:56 AM

^Completely agree on both paragraphs.* *;D

Kaya nga simple lang naman ang hinihiling sa mga gamefacers. Magrespetuhan.

shyboy
01-24-2008, 08:57 AM

What HS if I may ask?

LS...not La Salle, Lourdes School, the one in QC. * :D

Walmart
01-24-2008, 09:01 AM
You can express your opinion, but it doesn't mean you can step on other people when expressing it. Kaya tino troll sa PEx ang ibang eskwelahan dyan dahil sa ang aangas, at dapat lang troll-in. Mabuti sana kung napakatino kaso marami rin namang baho.

danny
01-24-2008, 09:04 AM
OT.

OK ang mga taga-Lourdes QC. Nung panahon namin, yan ang mga ka-kosa namin sa CMLI conventions sa Baguio.

Ok sobrand OT na talaga. :D

GHRanger
01-24-2008, 09:53 AM
[

Famous pala ang Recoletos for brewing beer.* Ang Benedictine monks naman famous for wine. At pag may amats na, nagsisimula na silang mag chant (joke!).* Let's drink to that!* *;D

i was told the christian brothers are also nothing to sneeze at when it comes to making wine. if i recall, i think i saw some bottles with a "christian brothers" label on them on some wine rack somewhere.

anyway, back to topic. i think we'll know exactly who to watch out for when the summer leagues begin. i wouldn't exactly feel comfortable sneaking into moro, the CHK premises, or the gyms in downtown manila just to see who are the new faces in practice.

OT: Correct, the Christian brothers had a wine distellery in Napa Valley, California in the 1882-1989. I think the wines they produced were well known during that time. However, they're more well known for their brandy. The rights were sold in 1989 to a private company as part of their Socially Responsible Investing philosophy.

Pwede ba tama na. :) It's funny while i read the posts - here's one guy saying his piece/bash/sarcasm, then at the end saying let's end this. IMHO it adds more to the flame. People are asking to stop but at the same time doing a one-up-manship. So please, Back to the topic. If you seriously want to berate or flame someone do it using the PM.

JonarSabilano
01-24-2008, 10:02 AM
[

OT: Correct, the Christian brothers had a wine distellery in Napa Valley, California in the 1882-1989.* I think the wines they produced were well known during that time.* However, they're more well known for their brandy.* The rights were sold in 1989 to a private company as part of their Socially Responsible Investing philosophy.

OT lalo: Ang alam ko, si Francis Ford Coppola ang bumili ng winery nila. Tama ba? :)

GHRanger
01-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Hahaha... OT Again... the rights were sold to Heublein, Inc. in 1989. Heublein, Inc. holds a lot of other brand names like Smirnoff, etc. In 1987, Heublein, Inc. was sold by RJR Nabisco to a UK firm. I'm not sure who actuall holds the rights right now.

bchoter
01-24-2008, 11:29 AM
danny, CMLI. Now that brings back some memories :D

pablohoney
01-24-2008, 12:39 PM
shyboy:LS...not La Salle, Lourdes School, the one in QC.

Aba eh fellow Son-of-Lourdes ka pala.* :)
LSMandaluyong naman ako.

"Let us blend our tongues in praises..."* ;D

PAX ET BONUM ;)

shyboy
01-24-2008, 01:37 PM
shyboy:LS...not La Salle, Lourdes School, the one in QC.

Aba eh fellow Son-of-Lourdes ka pala.* :)
LSMandaluyong naman ako.

"Let us blend our tongues in praises..."* ;D

PAX ET BONUM ;)

...Let the years resound our voices...* ;D

Pax Et Bonum!

Homecoming na namin this Feb.

Super duper OT.* Tama na! *;D* ;D* ;D

Fried Green Tomato
01-24-2008, 04:09 PM
OT:

You should have followed you own advise to just keep quiet.

In my opinion also, the main difference between Zobel and Baste High is the socio-economic profile of the students. Heck, many students from both Baste and Zobel usually end up in La Salle for college anyway. La Salle is the favorite school of many HS Sebastinians together with* UST.

This thing about academic standards* would* never have been raised* by La Salistas around here had Buenafe decided to enter La Salle. You accepted Cardel and the other Sebastinian players into your fold. You accepted players from shabbier high schools and colleges and embraced them* as fellow La Salistas.

Probably it's Ateneo's time to attract these Sebastinians. Let them be.

Sir, just* follow your own advise.

You have stated your opinion well and whether I agree or not with some of the points you have raised, i'm not going to make further comments anymore in order not to divert the discussion of this thread to somewhere else... so be it.

In the end, it is up to the individual to make good use of the education provided to him.

dioning
01-24-2008, 04:38 PM
OT lang po sandali for some corrections atbp
baka nga pinasasakay lang ako ni ex-officemate taba
el presidente was from usc not usjr before the transfer to ssc, mali ako hehehe
sabi sakin ni walking hotdog kanina, his baste classmate ponce castelo transferred from ssc to dlsu
korek si anthonyservinio, ako yun mali ulit (hehehe ulit)
when cardel was recruited by dlsu, sinama daw niya si ponce according to walking hotdog

Bravo Baste!
more of famous sebastinians
coutourier and fashion icon Randy Ortiz
hotshot corporate lawyer Troy Luna (former partner at Roco Kapunan Migallos Perez & Luna *Law Offices)
hotshot labor lawyer and Sycip Law Partner Justo Cacanindin
more hotshot lawyers in Rod Domingo and Prospero Crescini
matinee idol Eddie Gutierrez

back to topic
siguro naman may talinong itinatago yan si Buenafe
Buenafe ata yan
ang mga Buenafe at kamag-anakan nila sa Ilocos at Abra (pati na Isabela) ay kilala sa kanilang talino
baka kaya tamad mag-aral yan eh dahil nga matalino
bored lang siguro siya mag-aral dahil alam niya at kaya niya mga subjects na itinuturo
atsaka di naman kailangan maging dalubhasa para mag-basketbol
ang importante sa basketbol ay magaling magbasketbol
yayaman pa siya di tulad ng mga sayantipikong kapitbahay ko sa hardin
sankaterbang titulo sa pag-aaral, ala datung naman
awan ti kwarta!

Ryan Buenafe will be a great basketball player, Buenafe ata yan
ditto with the recruits of Lasalle and Ateneo
am also excited to see UE's Acuña and FEU's imports
UST din pala will be in the mix
season 71 will be exciting
push on UP kahit kulelat ka
no way but up
angat ka talaga sa iba! *

danny
01-25-2008, 01:17 AM
danny, CMLI. Now that brings back some memories :D

Ayayayay! CMLIer ka din pala!* *:D I'll drink to that pare!

FGT, I do agree with you last statement. No problema.

stonecold316
02-02-2008, 02:04 AM
UST, Ateneo, FEU, DLSU and UE will slug it out for the UAAP season 71 title.
As for UP, Adamson and NU. Better luck next time.

stonecold316

stat
02-02-2008, 07:11 PM

stonecold316

ikaw b si nostradamus para alam mo tlga

blueatheart
02-02-2008, 07:39 PM

stonecold316

agree with everything except UE.

ankle breaker
02-05-2008, 01:16 AM
palagi naman ganun ang mangyayari eh. kulilat parati ang 3 schools na yan. peace....

stonecold316
02-05-2008, 03:43 AM

stonecold316

ikaw b si nostradamus para alam mo tlga

I have reason's why I didn't picked UP, Adamson and NU to enter the Final Four of UAAP season 71:

UP - Coaching problems. As a result the team is in complete disarray.

NU - They will lose star players such as rebounding and blocking phenomenon Edwin Asoro, big-man Joseph Lingao-Lingao, shooter Jonathan Fernandez and point-guard Jonathan Jahnke due to graduation.

Adamson - Just like NU, the team will be in a re-building stage as star-players Patrick Cabahug and () Hugnantan have also graduated from the team.

As you can see, I base my post on pure facts and not on mere predictions alone. Kahit itaga mo pa sa bato, malabong pumasok ang tatlong teams na nabanggit what with teams such as UST, FEU, Ateneo, DLSU and UE beefing their line-up for next season's basketball wars.

Hope malinaw na ang lahat! ;D ;D ;D Peace! :D :D :D

stonecold316

mighty_lion
02-05-2008, 06:05 AM
^ Based on the offseason games na napanoud ko, I agree with stonecold.

stonecold316
02-05-2008, 05:39 PM
^ Based on the offseason games na napanoud ko, I agree with stonecold.

Thanks mighty_lion. hindi naman sa minamaliit ko ang UP, Adamson, and NU. It's just that so far, talagang napakalakas ng five other teams na napili ko na magra-rumble for the Final Four slot.

UST, FEU, DLSU, Ateneo and UE are all strong teams compared sa tatlo so expect them to lord it over sa standings.

That's all for now my friend! ;D ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

stonecold316
02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I already mentioned my players to watch for UAAP Season 71 at gusto ko lang magdagdag.

Heard that a school in Manila is beefing up its guard line-up for Season 71. At least dalawang point guards out of high school ang kasama na sa team sa mga practices. Both are slasher type of players who could run the break and also play outstanding defense. Mukhang sure-ball na ipasok na ito sa line-up kahit mga bata dahil sa husay at taas ng IQ sa basketball. :D :D :D

I know some of you may idea na kung sino ang mga tinutukoy ko. Hehe. Lalo na yung mga mahilig manood ng off-season tournaments such as Fr. Martin Cup.

stonecold316

fujima04
02-05-2008, 08:21 PM
^Bro, parang pang-tsismis thread ang tema ng post mo. :D

stonecold316
02-06-2008, 12:10 AM
^Bro, parang pang-tsismis thread ang tema ng post mo. :D

Gusto ko sana i-reveal ang names pero mahirap na at baka masilat pa. Andito ka rin pala fujima. In due time, I will reveal the players name. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

THE ONLOOKER
02-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Heard that a school in Manila is beefing up its guard line-up for Season 71. At least dalawang point guards out of high school ang kasama na sa team sa mga practices. Both are slasher type of players who could run the break and also play outstanding defense. Mukhang sure-ball na ipasok na ito sa line-up kahit mga bata dahil sa husay at taas ng IQ sa basketball. :D :D :D

DLSU? :)

stonecold316
02-07-2008, 12:46 AM

Malayo na masyado yung onlooker? hehehe. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

coreytaylor
02-07-2008, 10:20 AM

baka NU ;D

RockLobster
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM
^Come to think of it, sa UAAP eh Ateneo at UP lang ang nasa QC, the rest nasa Manila na. Mahirap yata yung clue na yun ah. Pwede bang additional hints? ;D

stonecold316
02-07-2008, 06:52 PM
^Come to think of it, sa UAAP eh Ateneo at UP lang ang nasa QC, the rest nasa Manila na. Mahirap yata yung clue na yun ah. Pwede bang additional hints? ;D

Hmm, magaling ang mga players pati na rin ang coach. Very aggressive ang recruitment nila especially sa provinces. One of the favorites to win the title in season 71. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

silent_killer
02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
sino kaya sinsabi ni stonecold316 pwedeng i e-mail mo sa akin...hehehe..... ;D ;D ;D

jayverns
02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
si Revilla ng Red Cubs? hula lang naman...

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 11:02 PM

Hmm, magaling ang mga players pati na rin ang coach. Very aggressive ang recruitment nila especially sa provinces. One of the favorites to win the title in season 71.* ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316*

UP - QC. Out.
ADMU - QC. Out.
NU & ADU. With due respect to them but winning the title next season is somewhat a long shot. Out
FEU - Kelangan pa ba nila ng PG sa Team A? Incase man oo, ang dami sa Team B. Out.
DLSU - Tang is graduating which leaves them with Casio and Atkins at the point. In. Reportedly eyeing Revilla (SBC), Lansang (PCU) or Monteclaro (SBC).
UST - Reportedly recruiting a back-up PG. Or is it a starting PG?

So thats my guess. Either or both DLSU & UST.

stonecold316
02-08-2008, 12:41 AM

Hmm, magaling ang mga players pati na rin ang coach. Very aggressive ang recruitment nila especially sa provinces. One of the favorites to win the title in season 71. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

UP - QC. Out.
ADMU - QC. Out.
NU & ADU. With due respect to them but winning the title next season is somewhat a long shot. Out
FEU - Kelangan pa ba nila ng PG sa Team A? Incase man oo, ang dami sa Team B. Out.
DLSU - t@ng is graduating which leaves them with Casio and Atkins at the point. In. Reportedly eyeing Revilla (SBC), Lansang (PCU) or Monteclaro (SBC).
UST - Reportedly recruiting a back-up PG. Or is it a starting PG?

So thats my guess. Either or both DLSU & UST.

Yan ang gusto ko sayo mighty_lion eh. Talagang pinag-iisipan mo mga post mo. Basta, abangan na lang kung ilalabas na sa mga off-season tourney's ang mga bata na ito. See you at the venues. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

addikt
02-08-2008, 01:02 AM
UST ba??

Is it Bautista and Vargas?Slasher ba sila?

I know Vargas since graduating ako sa HS nung 3rd year HS sya sa school namin...hmm...slasher sya oo pero nung HS yun...ewan ko lng sa collegiate ball...

go_flames_go
02-08-2008, 03:15 AM
So I guess that leaves UST na nga. Hindi daw DLSU eh. ;D

addikt
02-08-2008, 09:28 PM
UST ba??

Is it Bautista and Vargas?Slasher ba sila?

I know Vargas since graduating ako sa HS nung 3rd year HS sya sa school namin...hmm...slasher sya oo pero nung HS yun...ewan ko lng sa collegiate ball...

err mali hindi si vargas yung isa kasi recruit na nga sya ng ust...hmmm....sino nga kaya yun?

Sino si felix?

silent_killer
02-08-2008, 11:55 PM
parang ndi active ang recruitment ng dlsu & Ust sa province???? ???

shyboy
02-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Nakalimutan ni mighty_lion ang UE.

Hmm, magaling ang mga players pati na rin ang coach. Very aggressive ang recruitment nila especially sa provinces.

Sa first sentence, pasok na pasok ang UE dyan. Sa next sentence naman, FEU ang numero uno. Pero kailangan ba nila pareho ng mga point guards?

mighty_lion
02-09-2008, 11:51 PM
My bad. Nakalimutan ko UE but I dont think they are looking for PG's. They still have Martinez, Arellano, Lingganay, Bandaying and Reyes.

mighty_lion
02-10-2008, 04:51 PM
^ Looking at the UST-JRU game kanina the more I believe this PG talk is about UST. Next is DLSU.

tawkytawny
02-10-2008, 05:28 PM
^ Looking at the UST-JRU game kanina the more I believe this PG talk is about UST. Next is DLSU.

Who won the game? UST or JRU?

mighty_lion
02-10-2008, 05:37 PM
^ UST. Forgot the score.

stonecold316
02-10-2008, 11:33 PM
^ UST. Forgot the score.

UST won over JRU, 96-95. UST's last opponent in the elimination round would be the FEU Tamaraws.

stonecold316 ;D ;D ;D

dude17
03-22-2008, 10:59 AM

sure na raw si LA revilla from SBC sa DLSU. ;D

animo_mapuan
03-22-2008, 12:39 PM

pnu mo nman nlman ??
Viva Mapua !! Animo La Salle !! ???

gameface_one
03-22-2008, 02:35 PM
animo_mapuan, pls be reminded that we don't allow text speak in the Media Forum. Kindly read the Rules in the Officials' Table Forum. Thanks.

mighty_lion
03-22-2008, 02:53 PM

If this is final and confirmed, good for him. We wish him all the best.

Best worst case scenario for S71: Perfect pass leading to an easy hoop/dunk... by Nico Salva. Mortal sin para sa mga DLSU fans. Hehe. ;D

animo_mapuan
03-22-2008, 04:34 PM
animo_mapuan, pls be reminded that we don't allow text speak in the Media Forum. Kindly read the Rules in the Officials' Table Forum. Thanks.

I'm sorry moderator. I will not do it again. Sorry. :-X

gameface_one
03-22-2008, 07:38 PM
^^^ no problem. Welcome to Gameface by the way. :)

dude17
03-22-2008, 08:50 PM

pnu mo nman nlman ??

of course nothing is final as long as he hasn't enrolled. but a good friend of his told me. dlsu daw talaga first choice niya ever since.

glock23
03-22-2008, 09:15 PM

pnu mo nman nlman ??

of course nothing is final as long as he hasn't enrolled. but a good friend of his told me. dlsu daw talaga first choice niya ever since.

The mom of LA along with the foster parents here in manila will be meeting with DLSU officials and the coaching staff on monday. And he has been practicing with the green archers for some time now. Looks like a positive sign for lasalle ;)

dude17
03-23-2008, 09:10 PM

pnu mo nman nlman ??

The mom of LA along with the foster parents here in manila will be meeting with DLSU officials and the coaching staff on monday. And he has been practicing with the green archers for some time now. Looks like a positive sign for lasalle ;)

yup. this is true. id give it 99% sureness. hahaha.

Joescoundrel
04-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Watch out for the new and improved Paul Lee. Val Acuna and Lucas Tagarda have also come a long long way form being just street ball players. Whoever is the skills coach of UE is not getting paid enough.

batangueño
04-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I hope that Sam Miguel will come up with his 2008 version of this article (http://www.gameface.ph/columns/sammiguel013107.php). ;)

marmand
04-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Now, you can add Noble of La Salle in this list.

The_Big_Cat
04-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Mirza of UST.

izon
04-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Now, you can add Noble of La Salle in this list.

Who is Noble? Where did he come from?

marmand
04-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Noble was the former power forward of the Letran Squires. 6-2 to 6-3 in height. Good all around skills. He played with Alas boys that challenge the Buenafe led Staglets for the championship last season.

ilovedhay
04-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Noble was the former power forward of the Letran Squires. 6-2 to 6-3 in height. Good all around skills. He played with Alas boys that challenge the Buenafe led Staglets for the championship last season.

JM Noble was given a possible slot for DLSU Green archers for this upcoming uaap seasons which unfolds this july. He will much much better if he stayed at Letran. But Coach Louie Alas system is you have to be team b first (add muscles, gain weight) as all we know the the brand of play in the NCAA is too physical and intense compare to UAAP. If you gonna ask me, but im not against that JM Noble left Letran and headed to Taft Avenue. He will learn a lot from Franz Pumaren and La Salle Basketball System. Same also Alvin Magpantay star player during the early 90's before he went to La Salle he is a Letran Squires Stalwart. Recently PJ Walsham and OJ Cua they are dynamic duo during the 2002 NCAA Junior Finals against JV Casio who previously was a red cub that won the juniors championship that time.

stat
04-12-2008, 09:14 PM
colina at galinato of adu falcons

stonecold316
04-13-2008, 03:44 AM
madaming players to watch out for this season 71.

sa uste isa na diyan si Mirza, ababou etc. eto mga pupukol.

stonecold316

aircanda
04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
colina at galinato of adu falcons

i wonder how is galinato's play nowadays.. nung high school.. yeah monster siya.. eh ngayon mga sir?any improvements? i've always thought that he'd become a college hoops great.. sayang..

leon.guinto
04-14-2008, 11:39 AM
LA Revilla, he played quality minutes for DLSU yestery against JRU in the opening of the FILOIL Invitational.
Crowd fave na nga yung bata. ;)

jeffjan
04-14-2008, 12:11 PM
LA Revilla! Steady point guard, played quality minutes yesterday against JRU. :D

marmand
04-14-2008, 04:56 PM
People are raving about LA Revilla but lets not forget the other guard that made an impact yesterday. Bagatsing. He is taller and built to bang inside. He did not show much of his outside game yesterday but he looks like a player who can shoot with range.

stonecold316
04-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Sa USTe si Allen Maliksi sana kung di na injure. Sama na narin si Vargas.

stonecold316

bchoter
04-18-2008, 01:54 PM
^ Dylan and Francis for me. Dylan has gained strength considerably. Wala na ang baby fats. Francis has has some good games in the PBL. I'm looking forward for him translating it to UAAP play. Si Jervy din malaki ang ipinayat.

The_Big_Cat
04-18-2008, 03:35 PM
^ Dylan and Francis for me. Dylan has gained strength considerably. Wala na ang baby fats. Francis has has some good games in the PBL. I'm looking forward for him translating it to UAAP play. Si Jervy din malaki ang ipinayat.

Jervy looks sharp these past months after stints in the SEA Games in December and now with Hapee in the PBL. I like Dylan Ababou. In my opinion, Ababou together with Ogie Menor (SAN BEDA) are the best small forwards in college basketball today. Very polished na si Ababou.

batangueño
04-18-2008, 04:25 PM
It seems like UP's new recruit, RR Wong, is also someone to watch out for in Season 71. :)

stonecold316
04-18-2008, 04:39 PM
It seems like UP's new recruit, RR Wong, is also someone to watch out for in Season 71. :)

He is a point guard right? Balita ko nga magaling daw itong bata na ito.

stonecod316

dude17
04-19-2008, 09:25 AM
ateneo's new recruit, burke will play for team B this season.

this is probably for the best. if he plays starting season 72, he'll have at least 2 years to play without having to split the time with kirk.

he was just as good a shooter as kirk was in faith academy is but is taller and stronger.

yellow_we
04-20-2008, 06:19 AM
for me, these are the players to watch for the upcoming season 71 for UAAP..

DLSU - Casio, rookies Webb, Villanueva and Revilla
ADMU - Salamat, rookies Buenafe and Salva
FEU- Sanga, Baracael, Cawaling
UST - Ababou, Cruz, Allera, Mirza, Maliksi (kung matuloy nga sa line up), Cuan (improved na kaya FT nya? hehe)

sanlo
04-20-2008, 08:59 AM
for me, these are the players to watch for the upcoming season 71 for UAAP..

DLSU - Casio, rookies Webb, Villanueva and Revilla
ADMU - Salamat, rookies Buenafe and Salva
FEU- Sanga, Baracael, Cawaling
UST - Ababou, Cruz, Allera, Mirza, Maliksi (kung matuloy nga sa line up), Cuan (improved na kaya FT nya? hehe)

Can villanueva play this coming season or will he need one year residency?

jeffjan
04-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Maui is eligible for S71. :)

sanlo
04-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Maui is eligible for S71. :)
May I ask what is the rule for those who graduate from abroad like maui? Isn't there a one year residency? And at times there is a two year residency? When does this apply?

jeffjan
04-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Cardona Rule - 2-year residency for recruits who studied 3 of the last 5 years abroad.

Saldaña Rule - 2-year residency for HS graduates from abroad.

sanlo
04-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Cardona Rule - 2-year residency for recruits who studied 3 of the last 5 years abroad.

Saldaña Rule - 2-year residency for HS graduates from abroad.
Didnt maui come in from japan? So that means he cant play for 2 years?

jeffjan
04-20-2008, 02:18 PM
AFAIK, he is slated to play in S71 due to exemptions. We are still awaiting for that update. As of now, he is eligible to play.

sanlo
04-20-2008, 03:17 PM
AFAIK, he is slated to play in S71 due to exemptions. We are still awaiting for that update. As of now, he is eligible to play.
ok. Noted. What is AFAIK tho?

jeffjan
04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
as far as I know

sanlo
04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
as far as I know
Ty for info

robbie
04-20-2008, 11:29 PM

stonecold316

With Jeric fortuna taking nursing in UST this would fill in the void left by Maliksi. In other foras this guy is osted as someone who can score 20 pts+ so expect fortuna to fill in big shoes.

stonecold316
04-21-2008, 04:52 AM

stonecold316

With Jeric fortuna taking nursing in UST this would fill in the void left by Maliksi. In other foras this guy is osted as someone who can score 20 pts+ so expect fortuna to fill in big shoes.

I hope to see this kid later. Mukhang magaling base sa posting mo.

stonecold316

fujima04
04-21-2008, 04:58 AM

stonecold316

I thought Fortuna will suit up for the Archers?

stonecold316
04-21-2008, 05:02 AM

stonecold316

Base sa mga discussions, it looks like Fortuna no longer has a slot sa Team A ng DLSU. That's why he opted to go to Espana and be a part of the team dahil may open na slot for him. Anyway I need to see this kid play.

stonecold316

jeffjan
04-21-2008, 06:21 AM
sura na si Jeric Fortuna sa UST? :o

stonecold316
04-21-2008, 11:38 AM

I was able to talk to a UST official and revealed to me na nagpra-practice na nga raw ang bata sa USTe. Hopefully he won't change his mind and move to another team. With UST he will be assured of playing time lalo na at kailangan ng kapalit ni Japs Cuan.

stonecold316

bchoter
04-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Jeric was at the practice this morning. He still doesn;t have the UST practice jersey but he was provided with a temporary jersey. For now he's still considered an aspirant until the season starts.

stonecold316
04-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Jeric was at the practice this morning. He still doesn;t have the UST practice jersey but he was provided with a temporary jersey. For now he's still considered an aspirant until the season starts.

Tama ka diyan bchoter. Hanggat hindi naka enroll sa atin he remains as an aspirant. Sana nga wag na magbago ang isip niya at lumipat pa ng ibang team. Maganda ang future niya kung sa UST siya maglalaro.

stonecold316

LION
04-21-2008, 05:18 PM
^ Bakit aspirant pa lang? Last year na ni Japs kaya kailangan agad ng apprentice this year. Kunin na yan at sukatan ng uniporme.

glock23
04-21-2008, 05:26 PM

I was able to talk to a UST official and revealed to me na nagpra-practice na nga raw ang bata sa USTe. Hopefully he won't change his mind and move to another team. With UST he will be assured of playing time lalo na at kailangan ng kapalit ni Japs Cuan.

stonecold316

you wont be disappointed with the kid. He plays well and with a fighting heart. :)

bchoter
04-21-2008, 06:11 PM
^ Bakit aspirant pa lang? Last year na ni Japs kaya kailangan agad ng apprentice this year.* Kunin na yan at sukatan ng uniporme.* *
Sinukatan na sir. Dinala na rin niya ang mga requirements niya. Kaya lang 'aspirant' palang is we'll never know what happens between now and the opening day :D

person
04-21-2008, 06:44 PM
matanong ko lang, how tall is Fortuna? is he taller than monteclaro?

LION
04-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Sabihin nyo kay Kots wag munang sigawan ang bata. Saka na pag naka enroll na at submitted na ang lineup. * ;D

bchoter
04-21-2008, 06:57 PM
^^ Hindi nagkakalayo.

^ Pareng oca mukhang walang pangangambahan after the 'honeymoon period' si Jeric at mukhang forever lab siya ni kots. Although mostly fastbreak drills and some halfcourt drills palang mukhang saulado na ng bata sa isang bigay ng instructions. Ang clincher is napapasunod niya without a hitch yung mga kasabayan niya sa drills.

robbie
04-21-2008, 08:01 PM

stonecold316

With Jeric fortuna taking nursing in UST* this would fill in the void left by Maliksi. In other foras this guy is osted as someone who can score 20 pts+ so expect fortuna to fill in big shoes.

Based on the posts on the other site, I think this fortuna guy from dlsz was replaced by that player from san beda who left lsgh before and now was accepted back in La Salle. Not sure why he left though, just read it from another thread.

pablohoney
04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Sabihin nyo kay Kots wag munang sigawan ang bata. Saka na pag naka enroll na at submitted na ang lineup. ;D

Haha.
Sir Lion, don't worry, when I watched one practice, mukhang APPLE OF THE EYE niya (Kots PIdo) si Jeric. ;)
The kid's got game, at least from what I saw during the practice.

One of these days, I hope to catch the recruits in an actual scrimmage.
Mas magandang gauge ang practice game kaysa sa simpleng drills lang. :)

stonecold316
04-28-2008, 02:28 AM
Sabihin nyo kay Kots wag munang sigawan ang bata. Saka na pag naka enroll na at submitted na ang lineup.* *;D

Haha.

stonecold316
Sir Lion, don't worry, when I watched one practice, mukhang APPLE OF THE EYE niya (Kots PIdo) si Jeric.* ;)
The kid's got game, at least from what I saw during the practice.

One of these days, I hope to catch the recruits in an actual scrimmage.
Mas magandang gauge ang practice game kaysa sa simpleng drills lang.* :)

I'll watch the team's practice later. Baka sakali makita ko ang bata in action.

batangueño
04-29-2008, 06:10 PM
-post deleted-

oca
04-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Lucas Tagarda.

Malinaw na maglalaro siya for UE.

Many UAAP followers are not familiar with the kid's game and even his name. I won't bother to put that in detail. Pero para mabigyan kayo ng idea ng calibre ng bata, bilang batayan isipin niyo na lang na kasabayan niya sa NCAA Jrs sina Eric Salamat at Borgie Hermida. Tagarda was a Squire and was their acknowledge leader. Throughout that NCAA Season81, this kid was never outplayed by his now well known contemporaries.

Summer after he graduated, he played for UST but wasn't taken into the UAAP line-up. Went back to Letran by the 2nd semester. Hindi nya yata nakikitang kukunin siya ni Alas for NCAA S83, ayun at nagtungo sa UE by summer last year.

Give him 3 to 4 games with adequate playing time and he should settle down. Then, he should be making a few people regret why they didn't give him a Team A spot just like those of Salamat and Hermida.

batangueño
04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Ka oca, since you are one of the long-time followers of the San Beda Red Cubs here in Gameface, will it be OK with you if I ask you for some details about former Red Cub Alvin Padilla? The kid is said to be joining the roster of the UP Fighting Maroons. Thanks. :)

pablohoney
04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Lucas Tagarda.

Malinaw na maglalaro siya for UE.

Many UAAP followers are not familiar with the kid's game and even his name. I won't bother to put that in detail. Pero para mabigyan kayo ng idea ng calibre ng bata, bilang batayan isipin niyo na lang na kasabayan niya sa NCAA Jrs sina Eric Salamat at Borgie Hermida. Tagarda was a Squire and was their acknowledge leader. Throughout that NCAA Season81, this kid was never outplayed by his now well known contemporaries.

Summer after he graduated, he played for UST but wasn't taken into the UAAP line-up. Went back to Letran by the 2nd semester. Hindi nya yata nakikitang kukunin siya ni Alas for NCAA S83, ayun at nagtungo sa UE by summer last year.

Give him 3 to 4 games with adequate playing time and he should settle down. Then, he should be making a few people regret why they didn't give him a Team A spot just like those of Salamat and Hermida.

Sir Oca, ano po ba ang position ni Tagarda?
Sayang naman at hindi siya binigyan ng spot sa USTe. >:(

jonas-jason
04-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Adamson - Canuday,Yambot
Ateneo - Reyes, Long, Chua, Buenafe, Baclao
La Salle - Casio, Malabes, Webb, Maierhofer
FEU - Cawaling, Baracael, Sanga, Kave
NU - Ponferrada, Jahnke
UE - Lee, Arellano, Martinez
UP - Gamboa, Lopez
UST - Cruz, Cuan, Ababou, Afuang, Camus, Fenequito

i don't think that Arellano, Cuan, Ababou and cruz are still going to play.

tigerman
04-30-2008, 02:14 PM
^ Jervy, Dylan and Japs will still play. Not quite sure with Arellano.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
04-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Ka oca, since you are one of the long-time followers of the San Beda Red Cubs here in Gameface, will it be OK with you if I ask you for some details about former Red Cub Alvin Padilla? The kid is said to be joining the roster of the UP Fighting Maroons. Thanks. :)

Is this confirmed and final? I saw this post in Pex but Id like to think its not true. *:( I personally think he part of RL's future and just like Tecson and Gamalida last year kulang lang playing time to boost his confidence.

batangueño
04-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Is this confirmed and final? I saw this post in Pex but Id like to think its not true. *:( I personally think he part of RL's future and just like Tecson and Gamalida last year kulang lang playing time to boost his confidence.

Kabayang mighty_lion, if I am not mistaken, si toti_mendiola yung nag-post sa UP Maroons thread sa PEX na nasa UP na daw si Alvin Padilla. Di ba member din siya dito sa Gameface? Maganda siguro na sa kanya na manggaling kung totoo ba yung nai-post niya sa PEX about Padilla.

bchoter
04-30-2008, 02:25 PM
^ Point Guard.

On hind sight it would appear that the coaching staff erred when they did not include Lucas in the S69 lineup. However, at that time the coaching felt that we had enough PGs in Japs and Jun Cortez because Jojo and Allan can share with the playmaking chores anyway. Instead of a true PG, they put in AC Marquez instead. On that season alone it appeared that the coaching staff was right becase we ended up with the crown even with just 2 PGs (which is 1 actually).

Looking back at Tagarda's performance in the pre-season tourneys prior to S69, he was actually very erratic and looked more to score than to make plays. He was given the green light to shoot and he surely took this to heart. But it looked like he was coach Pido's fair haired boy because coach hardly complained with him hogging the ball. But he got injured in the middle of the offseason. I never saw him after that.

mighty_lion
04-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Huge talent loss for RL if it is true. *Sigh* I can easily accept others leaving the Den but not Padilla. You cant teach his height and length for a PG. Its just ironic to see a natural slasher who finds it hard to fit in Coach Frankie's run and gun system and thive well on half-court. Good luck to him if that is true.

bchoter
04-30-2008, 03:43 PM
^ :o Padilla is leaving the Den for Diliman? Looks like coach Aboy and his staff are making up for lost time QUICK!

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 03:50 PM
^Wala na sigurong malulugaran si Padilla sa dami ng players in his position at San Beda.
If its true, good luck to him. Padilla's championship experience in mendiola will help this Diliman squad.
UP is hosting this year's UAAP and they are making sure that they are competitive.

BLUE HORSE
04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
^ :o Padilla is leaving the Den for Diliman? Looks like coach Aboy and his staff are making up for lost time QUICK!

Let's see, that is coach Aboy 2 to coach Frankie 0. All in the same weekend. Nasulot ni coach Aboy si Mike Silungan then Padilla. Coach Aboy is still looking for a few willing big men. Any to be taken? ;D

RockLobster
04-30-2008, 05:55 PM
^Is it just me or are is it that the hand that rocks the Red Lion's cradle is also rocking the Fighting Maroons'? Not that it's bad or anything. As someone who'd like to see UP become competitive this coming season, I'd take anything that comes our way. ;D

LION
04-30-2008, 07:29 PM

Let's see, that is coach Aboy 2 to coach Frankie 0.* All in the same weekend.* Nasulot ni coach Aboy si Mike Silungan then Padilla.* Coach Aboy is still looking for a few willing big men.* Any to be taken?* *;D

It's still 1 - 0 in favor of Aboy. ;D

Alvin Padilla was actually demoted to Team B and that prompted him to transfer to Diliman. Alvin did the right move though and I would have also encouraged him to transfer. Mabuburo lang siya sa Team B ng SBC dahil decided na kung sino ang PG at SG ng Team Animo in the coming years.

If Aboy will give Alvin enough playing time, he sure will make Frankie regret why he let go off the tall Alvin who can creat mismatches with his complete offensive arsenal. Don't forget that he was the main point guard of the Red Cubs 2 years ago.

oca
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
^ Point Guard.

On hind sight it would appear that the coaching staff erred when they did not include Lucas in the S69 lineup. However, at that time the coaching felt that we had enough PGs in Japs and Jun Cortez because Jojo and Allan can share with the playmaking chores anyway. Instead of a true PG, they put in AC Marquez instead. On that season alone it appeared that the coaching staff was right becase we ended up with the crown even with just 2 PGs (which is 1 actually).

Looking back at Tagarda's performance in the pre-season tourneys prior to S69, he was actually very erratic and looked more to score than to make plays. He was given the green light to shoot and he surely took this to heart. But it looked like he was coach Pido's fair haired boy because coach hardly complained with him hogging the ball. But he got injured in the middle of the offseason. I never saw him after that.

Imo, Tagarda plays better at the 2-spot. Pero in a half court type of offense, he can moonlight as a PG. Sa depensa, he can be the designated defender to opposing point guards. He is quick enough and has good upper body strength for this task. Yung press ng ni Dindo will find a valuable player in Lucas.

I never knew he got injured mid-summer prior to S69. The notables in that summer lineup of UST were Tagarda, Rum Perry, and Afuang. Of the 3, sino pa ba ang pwedeng asahang pumuntos? Hence, he played as he did then, and because of his desire to make it to the UAAP line up, nandun yun overeagerness w/c, imo, made him erratic. Gigil, so to speak.

There's one thing I just can't understand with many coaches. Given that you can name 14 or 15 players in the line-up, but consciously utilize only 10 to 11 every game, what then are you to do with the 12th to the 15th spot?

Imo, use these spots to lock in players who have very good potentials. Malinaw ang "mercenarial outlook ng bata", meaning, he will go where he can play.

Malinaw ang future niya sa Letran Knights if he accepts Alas' practice of keeping college freshmen in Team B for 1 year. But he doesn't want to be at Team B for one year. He enrolled at UST believing he is a better player than most of those on the bubble. But when he was not taken in he left. But maybe, the UST coaching staff was just not familiar with the kid.

Lastly, I don't think the cinderella finish of S69 made the decision not to take him right. The celebration and euphoria just set aside further discussion. But in S71... pag-uusapan yan.

Don't worry, after this post, I won't take part in that discussion. ;D

oca
04-30-2008, 08:11 PM

Let's see, that is coach Aboy 2 to coach Frankie 0. All in the same weekend. Nasulot ni coach Aboy si Mike Silungan then Padilla. Coach Aboy is still looking for a few willing big men. Any to be taken? ;D

It's still 1 - 0 in favor of Aboy. ;D

Alvin Padilla was actually demoted to Team B and that prompted him to transfer to Diliman. Alvin did the right move though and I would have also encouraged him to transfer. Mabuburo lang siya sa Team B ng SBC dahil decided na kung sino ang PG at SG ng Team Animo in the coming years.

If Aboy will give Alvin enough playing time, he sure will make Frankie regret why he let go off the tall Alvin who can creat mismatches with his complete offensive arsenal. Don't forget that he was the main point guard of the Red Cubs 2 years ago.

Ang ibig sabihin ni LION, hindi pa nakakasiguro ang UP kay Mike.

To sit 2 years at the UAAP before playing... to sit 1 year at the NCAA is a compelling issue.

Very compelling.

Gaya sabi ng marami, wait for enrollment.

batangueño
04-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Tama si Ka oca. :)

Hangga't hindi naka-enroll sa kanya-kanyang mga kolehiyo at unibersidad ang mga batang yan, they are certainly up for grabs by any team that wishes to avail of their basketball talent. ;)

Kaya habang maaga pa, sana ay mabakuran na ni Coach Aboy Castro ang mga batang yan sa UP before somebody else snatches them. :o

lekiboy
05-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Alvin Padilla was actually demoted to Team B and that prompted him to transfer to Diliman.* Alvin did the right move though and I would have also encouraged him to transfer. Mabuburo lang siya sa Team B ng SBC* dahil decided na kung sino ang PG at SG ng Team Animo in the coming years.*

If Aboy will give Alvin enough playing time, he sure will make Frankie regret why he let go off the tall Alvin who* can creat mismatches with his complete offensive arsenal. Don't forget that he was the main point guard of the Red Cubs 2 years ago.

alvin is a PG when he was a red cub... a very deadly PG with his almost 6ft frame then....now, he is already at 6-3 and still growing.

UP will definitely get a big frontline boost.

again, 6-3 and a PG? BIG MISMATCH.... huwag lang kalimutan na PG si Alvin. He needs the playing time to smoothen his skills in the collegiate level.

The_Big_Cat
05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
^Akala ko nasa NCAA Thread ako ng binabasa ko yung mga nasa "taas"? ;D ;D

JR Cawaling of FEU. I feel breakout year niya this season after a wonderful rookie year.

bchoter
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM
^ Point Guard.

Imo, Tagarda plays better at the 2-spot. Pero in a half court type of offense, he can moonlight as a PG. Sa depensa, he can be the designated defender to opposing point guards. He is quick enough and has good upper body strength for this task. Yung press ng ni Dindo will find a valuable player in Lucas.

I never knew he got injured mid-summer prior to S69. The notables in that summer lineup of UST were Tagarda, Rum Perry, and Afuang. Of the 3, sino pa ba ang pwedeng asahang pumuntos? Hence, he played as he did then, and because of his desire to make it to the UAAP line up, nandun yun overeagerness w/c, imo, made him erratic. Gigil, so to speak.

There's one thing I just can't understand with many coaches. Given that you can name 14 or 15 players in the line-up, but consciously utilize only 10 to 11 every game, what then are you to do with the 12th to the 15th spot?

Imo, use these spots to lock in players who have very good potentials. Malinaw ang "mercenarial outlook ng bata", meaning, he will go where he can play.

Malinaw ang future niya sa Letran Knights if he accepts Alas' practice of keeping college freshmen in Team B for 1 year. But he doesn't want to be at Team B for one year. He enrolled at UST believing he is a better player than most of those on the bubble. But when he was not taken in he left. But maybe, the UST coaching staff was just not familiar with the kid.

Lastly, I don't think the cinderella finish of S69 made the decision not to take him right. The celebration and euphoria just set aside further discussion. But in S71... pag-uusapan yan.

Don't worry, after this post, I won't take part in that discussion. ;D
Huling hirit din pareng oca :D.

On the part of the coaching staff they do not want to 'waste' a players eligibility by putting him in the roster and will hardly be used. The 2-guard spot is full up to this year which is 2 seasons after season 69. That means if he was lined up in 69 then he'd would have replicated the roles played by Dylan, Allera, Khasim, and, if he was not dropped, Jojo Duncil. On the PG spot Japs is in for 2 more seasons after 69, Scott was in 70, Hec can still play for 4 more seasons (although he will be relegated to Team B this coming season but there's a side issue to this that is not for public consumption). The best scenario for Tagarda would have been to sit out season 69 and then come in in 70 to feel his way in as a Team A player and then be a part of the regular rotation in 71. Not a far-fetched idea since he sat out season 69 and 70 anyway.

On Tagarda geting injured in the offseason, I got this from coach Rabbi who handled Team B then.

Of course these are all water under the bridge, so to speak, but this is still a good conversation piece especially if he plays well this coming season. And it will probably best over a couple of bottles :D.

We may throw in Tata Bautista in the conversation. He is the Tagarda of season 71 for UST.

pablohoney
05-01-2008, 12:13 PM
--post deleted--

mighty_lion
05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Alvin Padilla was actually demoted to Team B and that prompted him to transfer to Diliman.* Alvin did the right move though and I would have also encouraged him to transfer. Mabuburo lang siya sa Team B ng SBC* dahil decided na kung sino ang PG at SG ng Team Animo in the coming years.*

If Aboy will give Alvin enough playing time, he sure will make Frankie regret why he let go off the tall Alvin who* can creat mismatches with his complete offensive arsenal. Don't forget that he was the main point guard of the Red Cubs 2 years ago.

alvin is a PG when he was a red cub... a very deadly PG with his almost 6ft frame then....now, he is already at 6-3 and still growing.

UP will definitely get a big frontline boost.

again, 6-3 and a PG? BIG MISMATCH.... huwag lang kalimutan na PG si Alvin. He needs the playing time to smoothen his skills in the collegiate level.

Regarding Alvin I think everybody have to somewhat temper their expectations. While Alvin is a former starting PG for the red cubs, his training under Coach Ato was incomplete. Based on my observation last FMC Open, Alvin's dribbling, shooting form, court awareness and other fundamentals for a PG are unpolished compared to the typical Ato-trained point guards. Skillswise I would have to say notch higher sina Revilla and Monteclaro. Way back in HS im more impressed on his defense and slash than his playmaking. His statline of more or less 15-5-5 in HS was nowhere to find last NCAA Season and even during FMC Open. Lanete and Marcelo matured faster than expected but Padilla was on the other side of the world. I would have wanted him to hone his skills and mature as a player in Team Behold but I guess that option is closed now.

I couldnt agree more on Lion and Leki. He needs playing time and its not easy to find a 6'3 point guard here in the Philippines.

joelex
05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Mark my word, Allen Maliksi of UST.

If Mirza surprised many with his outstanding performance last season and was basically a sleeper heading to S70, Maliksi will be a more complete and more talented even version of Mirza. Ive seen dozens of his UM and Wang's ballclub games before and knew how much potential he has.

bchoter
05-01-2008, 01:13 PM
^ He needs to play better defense and box out. And he'll be coming off an injury.

Right now he's a little concerned of the huge improvement of his fellow incoming rookies, especially Chris Camus and Caloy Fenequito. He feels left behind and feels the need to fight his way back to the rotation. Quite a huge concern considering that he was pencilled in as the starter over Dylan (who could easily start but gives more to UST off the bench) and Khasim.

He would have been the best tandem with Jervy in a two-man game with his shooting and slashing skills. He needs to tighten his handles a bit though.

The_Big_Cat
05-01-2008, 01:19 PM
^Chris Camus, the son of PBA player Ed Camus? ???

bchoter
05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Yup. And he use to be a SBC Team Beholder

The_Big_Cat
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Yup. And he use to be a SBC Team Beholder

Yes. I have heard him two years ago (2006).
Thanks.

stonecold316
05-01-2008, 05:49 PM
^ He needs to play better defense and box out. And he'll be coming off an injury.

Right now he's a little concerned of the huge improvement of his fellow incoming rookies, especially Chris Camus and Caloy Fenequito. He feels left behind and feels the need to fight his way back to the rotation. Quite a huge concern considering that he was pencilled in as the starter over Dylan (who could easily start but gives more to UST off the bench) and Khasim.

He would have been the best tandem with Jervy in a two-man game with his shooting and slashing skills. He needs to tighten his handles a bit though.

May point ka manong. Medyo alangan din si Maliksi after he got injured. That's why kahit nagpapagaling sya from the injury, he tries to get in shape by shooting hoops pag may time siya. Ayaw niya talaga mapag-iwanan.

Anyway, he promise to get back strong sa Season 72. That is if he fails to get back in top form for Season 71.

stonecold316

marmand
05-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Mark my word, Allen Maliksi of UST.

If Mirza surprised many with his outstanding performance last season and was basically a sleeper heading to S70, Maliksi will be a more complete and more talented even version of Mirza. Ive seen dozens of his UM and Wang's ballclub games before and knew how much potential he has.

If this happens, UST has the best program in recruiting/scouting. 2006-Jervy, 2007-Mirza and 2008- Maliksi? Even if these players are or were not legitimate rookies, they still came from your pool of reserves.

bchoter
05-01-2008, 07:45 PM
^ I've actually lowered my expectations becaes, as mentioned earlier, he's coming off an injury plus, nothing against UM and the teams they faced, the competition in the UAAP is a lot tougher. I'd expect more from Buenafe who has displayed a very mature game even while he was in 3rd HS and his body seem ready for the college game.

tigerman
05-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Sad to say but I have yet to see Allen Maliksi play, so Manong can you give me more details about him.

Much has been said about his similarities with Cyrus Baguio but I wanna know more straight from the best packer ever to live.* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

eightyfiver
05-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Hindi naman ganon ka galing. Siguro more of Nino Gelig ang laro niya.

bchoter
05-02-2008, 09:42 AM
IMHO he's got a more refined game than Gelig. Although Gelig is a better slasher, Allen has a more complete game and doesn't rely purely on athleticism. He's got better court awareness and is, by far, the better shooter. In fact, some say he's the best 3-point shooter in the team right now. Better than Khasim and Allera.

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 10:44 AM
IMHO he's got a more refined game than Gelig. Although Gelig is a better slasher, Allen has a more complete game and doesn't rely purely on athleticism. He's got better court awareness and is, by far, the better shooter. In fact, some say he's the best 3-point shooter in the team right now. Better than Khasim and Allera.

I like to see him healthy so I can see what he can really do. (MALIKSI)

bchoter
05-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I think teams should also watch out for UE's Llagas. In season 70 he's scored everywhere even extending out to the 3-point line. He runs the break well for a big man and scores a lot on put packs. And he reserves his best on the defensive end, If only Elmer Espiritu has some of his toughness.

chriskay6
05-03-2008, 12:18 AM
^ Not quite sure with Arellano.

According to Tita Beth, he'll still play for UE. Magma2steral daw siya.

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Arellano really wants to win a title before he leaves UE eh?

Good luck. :P

stonecold316
05-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Arellano really wants to win a title before he leaves UE eh?

Good luck.* :P

I think kahit sino naman player hindi magnanais na umalis ng hindi nananalo ng UAAP basketball championship. He still has one chance and he should not blow it.

stonecold316

yellow_we
05-03-2008, 01:45 PM

For what I know, bawal na ung pagmamasteral just to allow a player to extend his playing eligibility for college hoops. :o Correct me if I'm wrong.

pablohoney
05-03-2008, 01:47 PM

For what I know, bawal na ung pagmamasteral just to allow a player to extend his playing eligibility for college hoops. :o Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the rule was lifted just recently, as with the UAAP Board, paiba-iba ang ihip ng batas. ;)

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 01:49 PM

For what I know, bawal na ung pagmamasteral just to allow a player to extend his playing eligibility for college hoops.* :o Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think its when you take your Masteral sa ibang school. Just like what Vainio and gavino did. They played for La Salle then played for UP when they took their Masters there.

yellow_we
05-03-2008, 01:56 PM

Everyone is talking about Maliksi (as far as UST fans are concern), and I am so curious better yet, can't wait to see him play. May I just ask, as I'm not really familiar with him, how many years is he still eligible to play for our squad once he gets a go signal to suit up for team A?? Since for my understanding this upcoming season, Jervy will be playing his last year and so as Japs and Dylan (correct me if I'm wrong), Maliksi will probably be one of the "Aces" that we have for succeeding UAAP seasons.

yellow_we
05-03-2008, 02:00 PM

I think the rule was lifted just recently, as with the UAAP Board, paiba-iba ang ihip ng batas. ;)

I see.. that's UAAP for you, where RULES change and inconsistent! ;D

yellow_we
05-03-2008, 02:03 PM

I think its when you take your Masteral sa ibang school. Just like what Vainio and gavino did. They played for La Salle then played for UP when they took their Masters there.

hmm... I stand corrected then. Thanks! ;)

bluegirl
05-03-2008, 02:14 PM
changing rules isn't necessarily a bad thing. kung talagang may problema sa ruling, why not di ba?

LION
05-03-2008, 03:04 PM

Big Cat,

He played against our Team Behold (with some Team A reinforcements) in one of the FMC games last year. He buried us with his 3 point shooting. There was a point when he scored four 3-pointers in succession to lead the UST breakaway. Part of the reason was that he wasn't scouted and no one knows how good he was kaya napabayaang makatira sa labas.

But he's a really good wingman. A 6'3 guy who shoots better than Mirza and even more athletic. Imagine Mirza and Maliksi on the wings and Jervy pounding the paint and the rest of the versatile Tigers doing their thing on the court. Pretty explosive team out there.

Bad timing talaga ang injury ni Malixi.

pablohoney
05-03-2008, 10:36 PM
changing rules isn't necessarily a bad thing. kung talagang may problema sa ruling, why not di ba?

This is true indeed.
However changing rules just to accomodate one or a couple of board member's whim (hidden agenda for one's school,etc) is not good, well at least in my book.

It's just me though. ;)

mangtsito
05-03-2008, 11:06 PM

This is true indeed.
However changing rules just to accomodate one or a couple of board member's whim (hidden agenda for one's school,etc) is not good, well at least in my book.

It's just me though.* ;)

I agree with pablo. Actually, even if they had good-natured intentions (which I doubt), changing the rules on a yearly basis is very counter-productive. It throws off the planning of all the schools in acquiring recruits with the needed skills but who don't enter the seniors league the traditional way (i.e. graduating from a Philippine high school the previous school year.)

And besides, if there really was something wrong with the rules, why could they just not make all the necessary changes in one year? All those highly educated board members should have the foresight to see potential issues/problems for the next five years, at the very least.

The_Big_Cat
05-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Big Cat,

He played against our Team Behold (with some Team A reinforcements)* in one of the FMC games last year. He buried us with his 3 point shooting. There was a point when he scored four* 3-pointers in succession to lead the UST breakaway. Part of the reason was that he wasn't scouted and no one knows how good he was kaya napabayaang makatira sa labas.

But he's a really good wingman.* A 6'3 guy who shoots better than Mirza and even more athletic.* Imagine Mirza and Maliksi on the wings and Jervy pounding the paint and the rest of the versatile Tigers doing their thing on the court. Pretty explosive team out there.

Bad timing talaga ang injury ni Malixi.

Thanks for the info LION. Hindi ko alam yan especially sa mga Team Behold. I rely my info kasi on my "other friends".

Mirza nakita ko yan before nasa UST sya kaya gusto ko itong bata. This is my prototype shooting guard (bias).
As for Maliksi, from my "other friends", athletic at slasher daw.

batangueño
05-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Jonas Paguia announces during his interview over "The Buzz" that he would join the University of the Philippines Fighting Maroons. If he would be able to join the Maroons in Season 71, he would be another player to watch out for.

bchoter
05-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Allen Maliksi can play for 2 seasons. Again, we have to temper our expetations because he's never played a UAAP game before. He has yet to face bigger and better opposition. It takes more than one player to get a crown.

mighty_lion
05-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Jonas Paguia announces during his interview over "The Buzz" that he would join the University of the Philippines Fighting Maroons. If he would be able to join the Maroons in Season 71, he would be another player to watch out for.

Did he enroll in FEU right after graduation?

batangueño
05-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Did he enroll in FEU right after graduation?

Ang alam ko, Kabayang mighty_lion, part yata ng FEU Team B si Jonas Paguia. If that was the case, then we could assume that the kid was enrolled in FEU after graduating from FEU-FERN, making him only eligible to play for UP in Season 72 after spending the required one-year residency for transfer players.

Maybe those who are more familiar with the FEU program and the UAAP rules can clarify things. :)

GHRanger
05-04-2008, 09:06 PM
I think it's 2 years for the UAAP. 1 year for the NCAA.

batangueño
05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I think it's 2 years for the UAAP.* 1 year for the NCAA.

But Jonas Paguia did not play for FEU Team A, right? He was with FEU Team B, which did not directly participate in the UAAP basketball competitions. ???

If I am not mistaken, Paguia will only have to spend one year in residency instead of two years because he was with FEU Team B. I hope someone can clarify this. ???

allblue
05-04-2008, 09:19 PM
any transferee from one UAAP school to another will have to spend 2 years serving residency regardless of whether or not he played in the UAAP team. what matters is he was enrolled in the university.

CM_Punk
05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
This is what AnthonyServinio said in Oblation Nation a few months ago regarding the UAAP residency issue--

"IF A player has never seen any action in the regular UAAP tournament and he decides to transfer to a fellow UAAP school, the residency period is only one academic year.

Furthermore, a player who did not enroll in any college immediately after his high school class' graduation will be required to take up one year of residency."

I assume that Paguia enrolled with FEU after high school, but never saw action for their basketball team. Thus, he only has to sit out 1 year if he does indeed transfer to Diliman this school year, and will be eligible to play for them in 2009.

stonecold316
05-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Allen Maliksi can play for 2 seasons. Again, we have to temper our expetations because he's never played a UAAP game before. He has yet to face bigger and better opposition. It takes more than one player to get a crown.

Well said bchoter. And with Allen injured, its up to the rest of the players to make sure that they can contribute in hopes of giving UST its 20th UAAP title.

stonecold316

Dkembe
05-09-2008, 03:29 PM

Everyone is talking about Maliksi (as far as UST fans are concern), and I am so curious better yet, can't wait to see him play. May I just ask, as I'm not really familiar with him, how many years is he still eligible to play for our squad once he gets a go signal to suit up for team A?? Since for my understanding this upcoming season, Jervy will be playing his last year and so as Japs and Dylan (correct me if I'm wrong), Maliksi will probably be one of the "Aces" that we have for succeeding UAAP seasons.*

Dylan and Jervy still have one year to play........... so they can still play on Season 72 :) ;) :P