PDA

View Full Version : UAAP Season 70 Finals Game 2: DLSU vs UE

batangueño
10-04-2007, 09:31 PM
With the De La Salle Green Archers now holding 1-0 advantage in the series, will Sunday's game be the day of vindication for the team from Taft or will the UE Red Warriors make a comeback and extend the series? ABANGAN! :)

Kid Cubao
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
congrats to DLSU for winning the season 70 title!

Tommy Vercetti
10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
73-64, DLSU. the Archers are this year's UAAP Men's Basketball Champions!

mighty_lion
10-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Congrats. A very nice comeback story.

cub
10-07-2007, 06:21 PM
UE sweeps the elimination.....

La Salle sweeps the sweeper in the finals... ;D :P

CONGRATULATIONS DLSU!

tigerman
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Indeed, a historical season for UE but still the same old result.

choke UE choke, choke UE.

Congrats DLSU.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

batangueño
10-07-2007, 08:25 PM
UAAP 2007 FINALS GAME TWO: De La Salle Green Archers def. UE Red Warriors, 73-64.

SWEET VINDICATION.

After one year of being suspended from the league and a hard season-long journey, the De La Salle Green Archers are once again men's basketball champions of the UAAP.

Great game from the boys this time. Despite having some problems arising during the game, everything went right for the boys. From offense to defense to free throw shooting, greatness had been shown by our dear team.

Thank you TY T@ng for being this year's leader. While you might not have made it to this year's UAAP Mythical Five, you are very much the team captain of Season 70's men's basketball champions.

Thank you JV Casio, Cholo Villanueva, Rico Maierhofer, TY T@ng, PJ Barua and Kish Co for showing such a great heart while playing against the UE Red Warriors. We would not have gone into this day of vindication without the greatness and the prowess that you guys had displayed today.

Thank you to the UE Red Warriors. You guys were worthy opponents this year. We'll see you in the UAAP next year.

Thank you to the Lasallian fans and supporters. You never stopped cheering up to the very last minute of the game.

Thank You Lord for giving us this great blessing.

We're back. We're one. We're the 2007 UAAP Men's Basketball Champions. WE ARE LA SALLE.

ANIMO LA SALLE!

TruVerde
10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
WE'RE BACK! WE'RE ONE!

WE'RE #1

ewe_rach
10-07-2007, 10:47 PM
congratulations green archers! a grand comeback indeed! ;)

motuphils
10-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Watched the game with a La Sallian officemate. Congrats DLSU! A very well-deserved win. Lahat ng "deficiencies" ng team were solved kanina. Rebounding and freethrow-shooting. I know Cholo and JV bagged the Finals Co-MVP award, but to me, the unsung hero of GAME 2 was Kish Co. Hustle plays, rebounds and great,tenacious defense on Gregorio and Borboran.

Congrats din sa UE. They tried, but the championship this year is DLSU's destiny.

Salamat sa isang makulay na UAAP Season 70 mga kaibigan.

from a Bedan basketball fan.

ANIMO!!

LION
10-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Congrats to the Green Archers!

Apocrypha
10-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Congratulations la salle! Your team deserves credit. They know how to win with what they have, and they make sure to seize an opportunity when it presents itself. You truly are back.

Stardust
10-08-2007, 11:03 AM
last night's championship victory for franz and the archers is the sweetest thus far, i believe. they did it sans any superstar in their fold. the 5 previous crowns had ren-ren, don, dino, mon jose, mike, mac-mac, joseph et al.

as was posted earlier, dls did it with what they had. plus superb coaching from franz.

enjoy your victory. you deserve it!

animo la salle!

LION
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
JV is a superstar by any standard.

Sama ko na si Rico M., Cholo V. and TY.

glock23
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
thanks lion! iba talaga ang puso ng former red cub! Jv truly is our MVP! Animo lasalle

Fried Green Tomato
10-08-2007, 04:31 PM
We have a lot to be thankful to San Beda... Renren & JV are fine examples!

Everybody thought that this year is going to be a RED year for both ncaa & uaap.

Di pala... mas maganda pa rin yata ang CHRISTMAS COLOR - RED & GREEN!

Kahit pula kalaban namin sa uaap finals, iba pa rin talaga si JV - pusong pula na hinaluan ng berde - at yon yata ang perfect combination!!

... baka puwede nyo nang christmas gift si salva sa amin. ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
10-09-2007, 11:04 AM
... baka puwede nyo nang christmas gift si salva sa amin. ;D

Sana puede hehe.* *;D

batangueño
10-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Si Salva, hindi ko din masasabi eh. Alam ko kasi kung saan gustong maglaro nung bata eh. ;D

Teka muna, bakit ba natin tinitingnan si Salva eh nasa atin na sina Webb, Manguerra at Fortuna. ;)

shyboy
10-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Si Salva naman parang si JV eh, pusong berde at pula rin. Di na maganda kung hahaluan ng asul. ;D

batangueño
10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Si Salva naman parang si JV eh, pusong berde at pula rin.* Di na maganda kung hahaluan ng asul.* *;D

Pareng shyboy, baka luntian at pula ang maging kulay ni Salva next year. Ang importante nga siguro ay hindi mahaluan ng kulay asul yung bata. ;) ;D

Peace sa mga kaibigan natin dyan! :D

danny
10-13-2007, 02:38 AM
Si Salva, hindi ko din masasabi eh. Alam ko kasi kung saan gustong maglaro nung bata eh. ;D

Teka muna, bakit ba natin tinitingnan si Salva eh nasa atin na sina Webb, Manguerra at Fortuna. ;)

Oo nga naman. Congrats uli sa inyo!

batangueño
10-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Salamat danny. :)

shyboy
10-13-2007, 07:39 AM
I would like to post here what I wrote in a thread in AP.com hours after our win last Sunday.

"After all the trials. After all the insulto. After all the paninira. We became champions in only our first year after the mortals in the UAAP Board suspended us last year.

The first thing that came to my mind after the final buzzer? God is so good to La Salle.

May the glory of our win today be offered to Him.

Thank you Jesus. Thank you Mama Mary."

Animo La Salle!

LION
10-15-2007, 08:20 AM

Oo nga naman. Congrats uli sa inyo!

Congrats ulit.

From the "hayoks". ;)

batangueño
10-15-2007, 10:00 AM
To LION, danny and our friends from San Beda, just in case wala nang mapuntahan si Salva, pwede bang pakisabi sa kanya na pumunta sa Taft? ;D

LION
10-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Mga magulang ang nagde decide dun sa bata e. Menor de edad. At dahil former Maroons ang mga magulang, sabihin na nating angat ng konti ang UP.

batangueño
10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Mga magulang ang nagde decide dun sa bata e. Menor de edad. At dahil former Maroons ang mga magulang, sabihin na nating angat ng konti ang UP.

Walang problema sa akin kung sa UP pumunta yung bata just in case the situation in Diliman stabilizes. UP graduate din naman ako eh. :)

glock23
10-15-2007, 05:14 PM
masama ang loob ni mando sa lasalle because of what happened to nico in LSGH, so its really hard to get him to suit up for the green and white. Another thing that wil make him choose a school in diliman is the proximity to their house in cainta. But then of course stranger things have happened in the past. ;)

batangueño
10-15-2007, 05:32 PM
masama ang loob ni mando sa lasalle because of what happened to nico in LSGH, so its really hard to get him to suit up for the green and white. Another thing that wil make him choose a school in diliman is the proximity to their house in cainta. But then of course stranger things have happened in the past. ;)

I know pero magkaiba naman ang team management ng Greenhills at ng Taft eh. Baka pwede pang mapakiusapan sila na mai-consider ang Taft as one of their choices although I have to admit to you that the Salvas are quite hell bent as far as their choices for their son Nico are concerned.

Fried Green Tomato
10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
But then of course stranger things have happened in the past.* ;)

magdilang anghel ka sana. :-X

BigBlue
10-16-2007, 11:14 AM

To LION, danny and our friends from San Beda, just in case wala nang mapuntahan si Salva, pwede bang pakisabi sa kanya na pumunta sa Taft? ;D

nahilo ata ako :P

Kid Cubao
10-16-2007, 11:48 AM
nahilo o nahuli? ;D

Ranger
10-16-2007, 12:00 PM

So, sya pa pala ang may masama ng loob. Kung ganoon, huwag na sya mag balak sa Taft. Ayaw namin ng mga tao na may sama ng loob. Doon na lang siya sa Katipunan. Dami doon tao na may masang loob sa La Salle... ;D

batangueño
10-16-2007, 12:11 PM
BigBlue at Kid Cubao talaga. Bawal ba akong magbago ng isip? ;D

shyboy
10-16-2007, 12:40 PM
masama ang loob ni mando sa lasalle because of what happened to nico in LSGH, so its really hard to get him to suit up for the green and white. Another thing that wil make him choose a school in diliman is the proximity to their house in cainta. But then of course stranger things have happened in the past.* ;)

So, sya pa pala ang may masama ng loob. Kung ganoon, huwag na sya mag balak sa Taft. Ayaw namin ng mga tao na may sama ng loob. Doon na lang siya sa Katipunan. Dami doon tao na may masang loob sa La Salle...* ;D

bwahahaha...nice one. Pero yung tatay lang naman ang masama ang loob eh. Yung tatay ang mag-Katipunan and yung anak sa La Salle. We promise to take good care of him. ;D

glock23
10-19-2007, 01:12 PM

So, sya pa pala ang may masama ng loob. Kung ganoon, huwag na sya mag balak sa Taft. Ayaw namin ng mga tao na may sama ng loob. Doon na lang siya sa Katipunan. Dami doon tao na may masang loob sa La Salle... ;D

thats why to prevent the exodus of our lsgh players to other schools, we are working on implementing the same system as what franz has in taft by putting a member of the seniors coaching staff to handle greenhills. Its easier said than done but it SHALL BE DONE!

BigBlue
10-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Glock, sad to say, Franz' track record at recruiting and keeping La Salle homegrowns isnt that good. I think Atkins is more the exception to rather than the rule. Artadi, the Urra brothers, and the horde of Greenies and Junior Archers who are or were with UP, there's a long list of homegrowns who eventually went elsewhere.

I have a number of La Sallian uncles who are a bit dismayed at this fact, and I for one would want to see the trend reversed.

shyboy
10-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Well, it wasn't the case only during Franz's time. Many players went elsewhere even in the 80s and 90s, notably Joey Guanio (LSGH), Eric Reyes (LSGH), Sison twins (DLS-Z) and a few others who I could not recall at the moment. Some more, though, aren't really impressive and didn't do well when they transferred to other schools.

However, there are a bunch of good recruits from LSGH and DLS-Z who went on to play for DLSU like Jonas Mariano, Dominic Uy, Jason Webb, Dino Aldeguer and Francis Zamora.

I don't wanna malign the players from LSGH who went elsewhere (mostly UP) during Franz's time but it might be because they do not fit into Franz's system. As for the Zobel boys who went to UP, well they would've been welcome to DLSU if it weren't for the suspension.

Fact is, there is already some coordination between the programs of DLSU with the high school program in LSGH and DLS-Z. Considering that the UAAP Seniors and Juniors victory party is to be held in LSGH, I would think the long overdue integrated basketball program is coming to a fruition. If Benilde isn't still included in the scheme of things, I hope they do get involved.

Franz has verbally invited the Junior Archers to try out for the Seniors squad. Probably some standout Greenies have been invited as well. I'd like to see most of next year's greenhorns already of color green.

Ranger
10-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Glock, sad to say, Franz' track record at recruiting and keeping La Salle homegrowns isnt that good. I think Atkins is more the exception to rather than the rule. Artadi, the Urra brothers, and the horde of Greenies and Junior Archers who are or were with UP, there's a long list of homegrowns who eventually went elsewhere.

I have a number of La Sallian uncles who are a bit dismayed at this fact, and I for one would want to see the trend reversed.

Who are the homegrown talent that Franz missed out on? Artadi was asked to wait a year because of the arrival of BJ Manalo, who was highly heralded. But he didn't want to wait. Martin Urra was recruited instead of Jeff Chan, and look how that turned out. David Urra never even bothered to practice in DLSU, along with De Asis and Martin Reyes. Maybe they didn't because of the impending suspension. Where are they now?

Franz surely didn't miss out on Atkins, Batricevic and Ferdinand. Soon they may be joined by Webb, Fortuna and Manguera. If Franz included more homegrown during his tenure, would that have brought us more championships???

batangueño
10-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Sorry for suddenly butting in but I heard and read rumors that Manguera and Go of DLSZ might be heading to Diliman next year after being recruited by Joe Lipa. Any word on that? ???

glock23
10-21-2007, 06:37 PM
lipa will not even coach UP! manguera has been invited to tryout with the seniors team along with webb and fortuna and it's likely that they will stay GREEN. BigBlue, im telling you now, we will be recruiting from greenhills and zobel! We will have one system in place so that by the time they reach the seniors team there wont be a big adjustment. You guys are going the way of mercenaries and heavy outside recruitment just like us several years back, we in turn will go mostly homegrown and i know we have the system to make it work. Good luck with your mercenaries! :)

flsfnoeraekadad
10-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Batanguenyo please lang tama na ang mga pekeng rumours pati kami sa APcom nililito mo eh.

Jeric Manguera pala ah. Sino yun? HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.

Lipa will not coach next year and the top priority of the Zobel guys as of now is DE LA SALLE-MANILA and not UPD.

batangueño
10-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Pasensya na fls. Nakakalito din yung pangalan nung dalawang bata (Manguera and Fortuna) dahil parang J ang simula. Oh well. Tsismis nga lang siguro at saka maaga pa nga para pag-usapan. Share ko lang doon yung sinabi sa akin. Wala lang. ;)

nel
10-21-2007, 08:29 PM
And anything to do with UP, please post in the oblation nation. This is the La Salle side of gameface. Lastly, we don't want this forum to be used for rumor mongering. Rule of thumb: if it's just speculative or you're not sure, or you're just repeating something someone told you without verification, DON'T POST IT HERE.

bchoter
10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
And anything to do with UP, please post in the oblation nation. This is the La Salle side of gameface. Lastly, we don't want this forum to be used for rumor mongering. Rule of thumb: if it's just speculative or you're not sure, or you're just repeating something someone told you without verification, DON'T POST IT HERE.
nel, do you still consider it as rumour mongering if the source of the information is somebody who personally knows the players involved?

batangueño
10-21-2007, 08:55 PM
nel, do you still consider it as rumour mongering if the source of the information is somebody who personally knows the players involved?

That is also what I wanted to know. Yung nagsabi kasi sa akin regarding that was someone close to one of the Zobel players involved in the rumor. Nai-share ko lang dito at sa Archerpride kasi bukod sa gusto kong malaman from the insiders kung totoo ba o hindi ay wala naman ako intention na bigyan ng malisya yung narinig ko. All I wanted to do was to just share it to my fellow Lasallians. No more, no less. :(

bigfreeze_bibby
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Hey guys we are going out of hand dito. Please transfer all La Salle related inquiries to the other threads involving La Salle's season 71 team or recuits thread. Mas magandang pag-usapan ang mga "scoops" doon ni Batangueño.

nel
10-22-2007, 11:55 AM

That is also what I wanted to know. Yung nagsabi kasi sa akin regarding that was someone close to one of the Zobel players involved in the rumor. Nai-share ko lang dito at sa Archerpride kasi bukod sa gusto kong malaman from the insiders kung totoo ba o hindi ay wala naman ako intention na bigyan ng malisya yung narinig ko. All I wanted to do was to just share it to my fellow Lasallians. No more, no less. :(

bfb, permit me one last post on this topic in this thread

=========================

One of our faults as a people is our fascination with gossip. This he-said, she-said habit has brought a lot of grief to people who would like nothing better than to be allowed to live their lives as private citizens. This should include promising high school players who are being recruited by the various colleges and universities to play for them.

Being a good high school player does not make the person fair game for speculation. These are 16-17 year old kids who should be enjoying the last year of their stay in high school. Let's allow them to make the important decision on where the boy will take his collegiate studies without speculating on whether the boy or his parents were influenced by monetary or other incentives.

Until the players have graduated from high school, and have been confirmed as enrolled by the school in the first semester of SY 2008-09, nothing is certain, no matter if the source of the news tidbit (gossip) is someone who knows the family. Let's respect their privacy and their right to decide on the future of the student, without imputing any motives other than they want the best education for the athlete.

Until the student has formally enrolled in the first sem of next school year, everything is just speculation. The credibility of the source and the repeater of the gossip is in question until then.

bchoter
10-22-2007, 05:23 PM
bfb sorry for the out of topic post.

nel I assure you there is no malice in my post.