PDA

View Full Version : The 2007-08 NBA Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

mighty_lion
05-19-2008, 02:28 PM
There were two favorable calls to Boston in the last two minutes which could have altered the outcome of the game. One is the foul thrown by PJ Brown to Big Z. Dapat flagrant foul yun kung tutuusin (FT's plus possession). Second one is the time-out granted to Pierce.

erichubert
05-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't think the timeout was questionable, Pierce outhustled Lebron to the ball and had clear possession when he called timeout. I have seen less clear possession by players that were granted timeouts before. As for the flagrant foul, I think it is very borderline, the non-call was the proper thing to do.

Cleveland has a lot of soul-searching to do this offseason, they need to do something because Lebron obviously can't do it alone. The problem is how, they don't have cap space, nor do they have attractive pieces to offer in trade talks. Maybe they have to pray for a gift from Memphis :D

The_Big_Cat
05-19-2008, 02:38 PM
There were two favorable calls to Boston in the last two minutes which could have altered the outcome of the game. One is the foul thrown by PJ Brown to Big Z. Dapat flagrant foul yun kung tutuusin (FT's plus possession). Second one is the time-out granted to Pierce.

Big Z is a huge guy kaya walang epekto sa mga mata ng refs. Kung si Boobie Gibson or Damon Jones iyon na winasiwas ni PJ Brown, ayan ang Flagrant foul. ;D

The Pierce timeout was obviously a home-court call. Baka nga travellling pa nga yun because Pierce was sliding when he called time-out.

stonecold316
05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Congrats Boston fans. Nakahinga kayo ng maluwag. Ang ganda ng performance ni Paul Pierce pero it was veteran PJ Brown who did most of the damage especially when he sank a 20 footer with the Celtics only up by one in the last minute of fourth.

Boston vs Detroit. This will be interesting considering that both teams thrive on defense.

stonecold316

Raging Blue
05-19-2008, 03:09 PM
It was the puff from Red Auerbach's victory cigar from up there that changed the direction for Paul Pierce's first of two free throws, with around seven seconds left in the game, to seal the deal.

It pays to party during the NBA All-Star break. During that event in New Orleans, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett hooked up with PJ Brown and convinced him to come out of retirement to play for the kelly green and white. PJ delivered the turning point of the game, a coolly converted jump shot. If the Hornet's do not make it to the next round of the playoffs for a date with the Lakers, they only have themselves to blame as PJ Brown was in their very own backyard taking in the Big Easy.

Paul Pierce is The Man. I'm sure Red A. is very proud of him from up there. The game will be his defining moment and will ensure the place for his number 34 up there in the rafters of The Garden, whether or not he retires as a Celtic.

I believe that the grueling fourteen games the Celtics underwent the last two rounds of the playoffs will toughen them up for the succeeding rounds with the Pistons and, hopefully, the Lakers.

The Leprechaun is back!

erichubert
05-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Somehow, you get the feeling that this game 7 woke up the Celtics, this would be the defining moment for them, the moment that if they go on to win the championship they would remember and say that this is when we finally figured it out.

Paul Pierce deserves the accolades he is getting now, it has been long overdue, he is a little underrated compared to Lebron, Kobe or KG, but he is a very very good player and he showed it today.

The_Big_Cat
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
The Leprechaun is back!

The Leprechaun took the form of Eddie House. ;D
The way he hustled for those loose balls, no way an ordinary man could do that. It has to be that Leprechaun. ;D

Paul Pierce's first free-throw shot, in the last minute, that bounced off a few times before it went in should be the number 1 play of the game.

joelex
05-19-2008, 04:47 PM
I think age has slowly crept up on Ray Allen's game. He used to have that blinding quick first step combined with that power drive to the basket that has been missing nowadays and he is a little less aggressive now in looking for his shot. He seems to have lost a step as this past season went on..hoping he gets more good games against Detroit to give the C's more and much needed firepower cause he should still be capable of producing 25 pts a game today..

Dark Knight
05-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Maybe Boston like it this way, the hard way. They are good in Game 7 but i wont risk it against Detroit but still, i'll bet my money on the Celtics.

Doc should use Eddie House more. House will be the Rodman of the Celtics in terms of hustle and tenacity.

Ray Allen wont be under the rock for a long time. I see him having a monster show in at least 1 game against Detroit.

I see Boston finally winning one on the road. If not, there's always the Garden.

Its time for the Celtics to regain the glory that was once theirs. 22 years is too long.

Cassell, Allen, Brown and even Pierce are already on thier twilight. They miss the title now, they wont get it next year.

DRIVE FOR 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coreytaylor
05-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Lets go Detroit! ;D

King_stag
05-19-2008, 10:54 PM
I just hope detroit can steal a game in boston, it's one of the hostile homecourts in the league.. Anyway, i'll stay with my team ;D DEEETTROOOITTT BASKETBALL! ;)

mighty_lion
05-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Lets go Knicks! 24 hours more to go for the lottery. Hehe ;D

Mateen Cleaves
05-20-2008, 11:12 AM
San Antonio gets the road win that counts most! Puede pa Spurs-Pistons! ;D

bchoter
05-20-2008, 11:19 AM
^ David Stern must be having nightmares right now :D

erichubert
05-20-2008, 11:21 AM
The NBA's dream- Spurs vs Pistons *;D

bchoter
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
David stern's dream: "It's getting late... here come the horses again. Are the stallions? Oh no they are night mares"

marmand
05-20-2008, 12:34 PM
The NBA's dream- Spurs vs Pistons ;D

Boring!!!! ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Everybody is loving the young guns (Orlando, Cleveland & New Orleans) to make it deep in this playoffs.

I guess the more experienced teams remain standing after the semis.

1Boston vs 2Detroit (East)
1Los Angeles vs 3San Antonio (West)

No more excuses for these teams. All are defensive-oriented teams except for LA.

marmand
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
San Antonio gets the road win that counts most! Puede pa Spurs-Pistons! ;D

Watch out Lakers. Spurs in 6.

The_Big_Cat
05-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Watch out Lakers. Spurs in 6.

In the West, I like LA than San Antonio.
I would like to see Phil Jackson get his 10th ring.
And for Kobe Bryant to get off that big Gorilla off his back and prove critics otherwise he could win without Shaq.

marmand
05-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I like the champion to come from the West. Choosing between the Lakers and Spurs is difficult in the sense that both have so much rings already. My deciding factors are that sobra na maraming rings si Phil and let the Spurs finally repeat. :)

Mateen Cleaves
05-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Regardless of who wins, the East will have homecourt advantage in the Finals.

The_Big_Cat
05-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I like the champion to come from the West. Choosing between the Lakers and Spurs is difficult in the sense that both have so much rings already. My deciding factors are that sobra na maraming rings si Phil and let the Spurs finally repeat. :)

Sobra na din maraming rings si Duncan, pagbigyan naman niya si Bryant (w/o Shaq) to solidify his MVP plum. :)

marmand
05-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Best case scenario for the NBA ( ratings wise ) Lakers vs. Celtics
Worst Pistons vs. Spurs

In the East, The Pistons will have the edge because they have done this ( conference finals ) for several years already as a team.

In the West, Spurs will take it due to the same reason as the Pistons and add to it the depth of the Spurs.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
I want that 15th title (10th with Los Angeles)

The_Big_Cat
05-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Mag-ingat lang si Kobe Bryant at baka bigyan siya ni "Cheap Shot Bob" sa aching lower back niya. ;D

john_paul_manahan
05-20-2008, 01:35 PM
the 4 established franchises are at it....

pistons, lakers, celtics, spurs.

bring it on!

marmand
05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
I think that both series would reach at least 6 games and one will go the distance. ( Barring injuries )

The_Big_Cat
05-20-2008, 01:42 PM
the 4 established franchises are at it....

pistons, lakers, celtics, spurs.

bring it on!

A total of 37 NBA Championships among these four franchises.
:)

erichubert
05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Year of Tradition ito, even in the NCAA Final four, we had UNC, Kansas and UCLA. For the predictions, its too close to call for both series, but I like Lakers in 6, Celtics in 6.

The_Big_Cat
05-20-2008, 01:52 PM
For Boston, wala na silang pro-problemahin na LeBron James-like player dito sa Pistons.
Ang dapat asikasuhin ng Celtics dito is their offense because Detroit is one hell of a defensive team similar to the Celts.

For the LA vs Spurs:
First true test for LA, swept the Nuggets in the first round and easily beating the Jazz in the semis.
They will be playing a more complete squad in every position and a better defensive team in San Antonio.

mighty_lion
05-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Mag-ingat lang si Kobe Bryant at baka bigyan siya ni "Cheap Shot Bob" sa aching lower back niya. ;D

Si Bowen ang naka-assign gumawa nyan kay Kobe. Hula ko ankle ni Kobe ang target nya at hindi likod. ;D

erichubert
05-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Looks like Peja remains to be the Peja of old, choke pa rin sa clutch situations specially Game 7s. Dejavu ang performance niya kanina sa ginawa niya when he was still with the Kings. Spurs did a good job of denying Paul the ball in the end, forcing Pargo to take over, he almost took every shot down the stretch. And if you are any team facing the Hornets, you would rather see that than Paul or West taking over.

coreytaylor
05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
eto na! magkaka-alaman na kung matululoy ba ang pinaka-inaasam-asam na championship series ng lahat, The Los Angeles Lakers Vs. The Boston Celtics. San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons, prepare to upset all of them! >:( gawin niyo lahat para manalo! huwag lang mandaya, ok? :D

The_Big_Cat
05-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Looks like Peja remains to be the Peja of old, choke pa rin sa clutch situations specially Game 7s. Dejavu ang performance niya kanina sa ginawa niya when he was still with the Kings. Spurs did a good job of denying Paul the ball in the end, forcing Pargo to take over, he almost took every shot down the stretch. And if you are any team facing the Hornets, you would rather see that than Paul or West taking over.

Problema ng Hornets in game 7 is their slow start. Spurs came out smoking.
The Hornets should consider a new SG in their starting lineup next season.

erichubert
05-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Future is bright for the Hornets, one or two pieces na lang. I agree with a new SG. I think that is their only weakness right now, Bonzi and Mo Pete are not the answer, Pargo is at best an energy guy off the bench. Wala silang other options at the spot. They need a slasher who could help on offense.

The_Big_Cat
05-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Future is bright for the Hornets, one or two pieces na lang. I agree with a new SG. I think that is their only weakness right now, Bonzi and Mo Pete are not the answer, Pargo is at best an energy guy off the bench. Wala silang other options at the spot. They need a slasher who could help on offense.

The Hornets needs another creator after Chris Paul. A second option, who could slash and be a great defender. They already have a shooter in Stojakovic, a post-up guy in West, a rebounding machine in Chandler and main man Chris Paul.

They need that reliable SG next season in order to prosper.

erichubert
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Spurs know that they can't hold off the Hornets for long, aabutan na din sila, the youth of the Hornets just lack that experience and this series will give them that. Parang Mavs dati ang Hornets ngayon, it took the Mavs a couple of years before getting over the Spurs.

One thing about San Antonio though is that they don't over panic after a play-off loss, they don't tinker with the line-up too much, just add pieces here and there but the core remains, whether with the coaches, players or management.

coreytaylor
05-20-2008, 02:39 PM
^ age may also be a factor a couple of years from now

coreytaylor
05-20-2008, 02:42 PM
the spurs, the party crashers in new orleans... ;D

tigerman
05-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow the top 2 seeds for both the East and the West are in the final four. ;D

The majority wants to see a Celtics vs. Lakers finals
The minority for a Spurs vs. Pistons part 2 ;D

What about a Celtics vs. Spurs finals? The Big Fundamental vs. The Big Ticket. The best power forward ever vs. The underachieving forward.
What about a Pistons vs. Lakers rematch? Detroit wants to prove that their 2004 win was not a fluke while the Lakers would want to avenge that loss.

I'll go with the minority. Hence, I'll pick the Pistons and the Spurs with both conference finals ending in 6 grueling but hard-fought games.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
05-20-2008, 03:18 PM
^ correct me if im wrong but i think los angeles & new orleans are the top 2 seeds in the west.

tigerman
05-20-2008, 03:27 PM
^ Oppps sorry my mistake. I forgot that San Antonio is no. 3 and not no. 2 seed. ;D

East
Boston (1) vs. Detroit (2)

West
Lakers (1) vs. Spurs (3)

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
05-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Me and my big mouth. ;D

The Spurs foiled my prediction. Nevertheless, it will be Celtics vs Spurs in the finals.

Unless my big mouth strikes again. :D

coreytaylor
05-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Me and my big mouth. ;D

The Spurs foiled my prediction. Nevertheless, it will be Celtics vs Spurs in the finals.

Unless my big mouth strikes again. :D

pareng dark knight, pls dont jinx my spurs! it will be the celtics vs. lakers in the finals! ;D

Dark Knight
05-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Much better. Then we can pound the Lakers to bits. :D (joke lang po)

marmand
05-20-2008, 06:43 PM

Problema ng Hornets in game 7 is their slow start. Spurs came out smoking.
The Hornets should consider a new SG in their starting lineup next season.
[/quote

Experience played a big part. The Spurs know how to react on situations like this while the Hornets were running on emotions.

marmand
05-20-2008, 06:48 PM

It is a factor now. It is just that the Spurs have depth. They can compensate their " age " with depth and familiarity.

cub
05-20-2008, 07:09 PM

It is a factor now. It is just that the Spurs have depth. They can compensate their " age " with depth and familiarity.

"People always talk about you being old because you don’t dunk anymore or slash as fast as you used to slash, but we’re one of the smartest teams in the league and we have a very good coaching staff,” said Robert Horry, who’s looking to be part of an eighth championship team in 16 seasons. “We didn’t make stupid mistakes tonight.”

once again, my prediction is right. the Spurs will eliminate the Hornets. my next prediction would be the Spurs will eliminate the Lakers in 6 or 7.

dark_seid
05-20-2008, 07:45 PM
The NBA's dream- Spurs vs Pistons ;D

i personally like that match-up. and yep, i enjoyed the 2005 finals.

bchoter
05-21-2008, 11:27 AM
^ I did, too. Maybe because they're not a blur (ok 'cept for Tony) my eyes can keep up with them :D

Dark Knight
05-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Celtics with a COMMANDING :D ;D 1-0 lead over the Pistons

yungha
05-21-2008, 12:18 PM
celtics fans are starting to boo ray allen. and with good reason since he's been a bust this playoff season, missing even wide open shots. i'm a lifelong celtics fan, i've been dreaming of another championship since 86, one of those who wept when len bias died and likewise reggie lewis a few years after, and now we're 3 games away from another finals stint. ray allen's in a shooting slump which even all the greatest pure shooters go through. but this is the conference finals, the stakes are high, the pistons formidable, and if ray manages to shoot his way out of his slump, well and good for us. if not, we can't afford to wait for him. give more opportunities to posey and house who can both shoot the rock.

MonL
05-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Billups and 'Sheed didn't have that good a game, the only ones being consistent were Prince and McDyess. KG took it to the Pistons from the onset, and Pierce provided steadiness all throughout. The energizers were House and Rondo, who had 5 steals and a big three near the end. Allen still couldn't throw it into the ocean from the edge of the pier, but did make himself a decoy for the other shooters to get set up and knock down their shots. :P

MonL
05-21-2008, 12:27 PM
celtics fans are starting to boo ray allen. and with good reason since he's been a bust this playoff season, missing even wide open shots. i'm a lifelong celtics fan, i've been dreaming of another championship since 86, one of those who wept when len bias died and likewise reggie lewis a few years after, and now we're 3 games away from another finals stint. ray allen's in a shooting slump which even all the greatest pure shooters go through. but this is the conference finals, the stakes are high, the pistons formidable, and if ray manages to shoot his way out of his slump, well and good for us. if not, we can't afford to wait for him. give more opportunities to posey and house who can both shoot the rock.

I'm sure you also wept during the Ric Pitino years just like I did.* :D
Dapat si Billups nasa Celtics pa rin ngayon had they waited for him to mature. :(

LION
05-21-2008, 12:28 PM
A relatively easy win for the Celtics considering the reputation of the Pistons (and the manner they eliminated Orlando Magic) plus all the talk that the Celtics are supposed to be dead tired due to that 14 play-off games they had to undergo before advancing to the conference finals.

A pleasant surprise indeed. * *:) *

LION
05-21-2008, 12:29 PM

Dapat si Billups nasa Celtics pa rin ngayon had they waited for him to mature. :(

Add Joe Johnson to the list. >:(

MonL
05-21-2008, 12:35 PM

Add Joe Johnson to the list.* >:(

And Vlade Divac, and Tony Parker, and......

marmand
05-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Celtics with a COMMANDING :D ;D 1-0 lead over the Pistons

Sad but True. ;D ;D

Dark Knight
05-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Celtics faced a "rusty" team rather than a well rested team. Chauncy just came from an injury and still not in his usual self. Ray Allen is still on a slump but less we forget that Rasheed is also sufferin from a slump.

I think the hunger of the Celtics to win the title serves as their motivation and the driving force behind their wins even against strong teams like Detroit. Playing every other day wont be a factor against them as long as they are winning. Who cares if they dont win a single road game as long as they win in the Garden.

Its time of the Celtics. Or my big mouth will strike me again. ;D

yungha
05-21-2008, 01:20 PM

oh yeah. we expected tim duncan, instead we got billups and mercer. and we needed only to listen to pitino's presscons to know that his tenure was a disaster in waiting - we intend to apply full-court pressure all game long, we'll bring collegiate intensity to the celtics, etc. then instead of getting the most talented players available he seemed more intent on bringing together his 96 wildcats champion team like walker, mercer, mccarty, delk - never mind if mccarty couldn't hit the side of a barn.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-21-2008, 02:12 PM
I'd rather let House or Rondo shoot the wide open jumper than Ray Allen these days hehe. I dunno what's with him. Dati pag wide open siya lista mo na yan e, but right now, I can't believe it he's missing wide open three balls. Sana he gets back his shooting touch considering his counterparts in the Pistons lineup, Rip Hamilton is also a streak scorer as he is. As usual Celtics relied on good defense earlier to beat the Pistons.

Dark Knight
05-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Good thing going for the Celtics is the series format of 2-2-1-1-1. With the way things are going, had it been a 2-3-2, Boston would have been down 3-2 going to the Garden, that is if the Celts still cant win on the road.

Im pretty sure Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Dennis Johnson RIP, Danny Ainge, Bill Walton, Bob Cousy, John Havlicek and the great Bill Russel are all smiles now. Add na rin si david Thirdkill (former Tanduay import).

moving at the speed of life, drive for 17!!!!

dark_seid
05-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I'd rather let House or Rondo shoot the wide open jumper than Ray Allen these days hehe. I dunno what's with him. Dati pag wide open siya lista mo na yan e, but right now, I can't believe it he's missing wide open three balls. Sana he gets back his shooting touch considering his counterparts in the Pistons lineup, Rip Hamilton is also a streak scorer as he is. As usual Celtics relied on good defense earlier to beat the Pistons.

but if ray allen gets hot ... celts run away with the title already. let's add some more drama to the games shall we ;D

yungha
05-22-2008, 10:12 AM
wow, it's almost halftime and kobe's still scoreless. go spurs! but everytime things like this happen i get more apprehensive since it's obvious that scoring machines like kobe can't be bottled up forever. it's only a matter of time before he explodes. still, i hope the spurs hold on.

Kid Cubao
05-22-2008, 12:03 PM
^^ true enough, kobe broke free late in the 3rd and throughout the final quarter to carve a stunning dogstyle win over the san antonio spurs, 89-85. tim duncan and company led by as much as 20 pts midway in the 3rd when the lakers cranked up their defense and made the key stops. it didn't help that manu and the other spurs shooters lost their range.

The_Big_Cat
05-22-2008, 12:37 PM
The Lakers were cold in the first half with Kobe scoring 2 pts and Fisher with no field goals.
They were down as much as 20 pts midway in that 3rd quarter when Kobe and Pau led the comeback.

LA like Detroit yesterday might have felt the long lay-off as seen by the low energy and slow start but the good thing Lakers was home while Detroit was on the road.

erichubert
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I still can't believe they were able to pull that win out. San Antonio is a tough opponent and to come back from 20 pts down in the 2nd half at that was miraculous. Kobe's maturity showed in this game, in the past he would have shot the lights out in the 2nd half and try to take over the game by himself. Today he played a controlled game and attacked only when he saw the opening.

Dark Knight
05-22-2008, 03:10 PM
I just smashed my TV with a sledgehammer as i watched helplessly the Spurs 20point lead being overtaken by that team with a Jack Nicholson fan and an arrogant player MVP. :D

I feel for the Spurs, though im not a fan, im rooting for every Le..Le..Le..Lakers opponent. ;D

erichubert
05-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Sayang naman yung tv mo Dark Knight :D Well it is just game 1, mukhang mahabang series ito. Unlike the last Spurs series, every game in this series might come down to the wire, it would boil down to who can hit the big shot. Kobe did today, but we all know Manu, Tim and Parker can also hit the big shots.

The_Big_Cat
05-22-2008, 03:21 PM
The Spurs Big Three came smoking in the first half but lost steam in the second half.

Maybe, the 7-game series with the Hornets has taken its toll with the Spurs plus they also had a delayed flight from New Orleans. Among the Spurs' Big Three, it was only Manu Ginobili that really struggled and was completely off his game.

Kid Cubao
05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
the series is far from over. if anything, the game 1 loss is a wakeup call for the spurs. kobe and the lakers should be wary from this point on.

Dark Knight
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Sayang naman yung tv mo Dark Knight* :D

Well, its just ok. My TV is still black and white with a built in cabinet and a slidiing wooden door, concave screen, a dial channel selector and the brand name is Azenith. US made.* :D I even thought Farmar, Vujacic and Radmanovic were blacks.

I cant feel but "panghihinayang" in that 1st game. Thats the best chance the Spurs can steal one at Staples. Spurs in 6.

erichubert
05-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Huwag na, diba mas gugustuhin mo na ang Celtics ang makatalo sa Lakers sa finals? Para matuloy na din ang dream finals ng lahat ng tao. :)

marmand
05-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Sayang naman yung tv mo Dark Knight :D

Well, its just ok. My TV is still black and white with a built in cabinet and a slidiing wooden door, concave screen, a dial channel selector and the brand name is Azenith. US made. :D I even thought Farmar, Vujacic and Radmanovic were blacks.

I cant feel but "panghihinayang" in that 1st game. Thats the best chance the Spurs can steal one at Staples. Spurs in 6.

They just need to win one game at Staples and protect their home court. Yes, I believe Spurs in 6. ;D

stonecold316
05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Si kobe arrogant?

Honestly, laki na nga pinagbago ng bata. Before buwaya talaga siya sa bola pero kanina marunong na talaga siya pumasa. He let his teammates also score the points and took over the game when it really mattered. It was a nice game by LA. Mahirap humabol ng 20 points against San Antonio.

stonecold316

coreytaylor
05-22-2008, 08:27 PM
my heart bleeds over the game 1 loss of the spurs. but i gotta keep up the faith. i hope the spurs learned their lesson. congratulations lakers fans for winning game 1.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Honestly, I was about to cry when the Lakers got down to 20.

But man oh man, what resilience. :)

mighty_lion
05-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Bruce Bowen strikes again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1IwnBDHcxA

Jeep
05-23-2008, 10:45 AM
It was the puff from Red Auerbach's victory cigar from up there that changed the direction for* Paul Pierce's first of two free throws, with around seven seconds left* in the game, to seal the deal.

It pays to party during the NBA All-Star break. During that event in New Orleans, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett hooked up with* PJ Brown and convinced him to come out of retirement to play for the kelly green and white. PJ delivered the turning point of the game, a coolly converted jump shot. If the Hornet's do not make it to the next round of the playoffs for a date with the Lakers, they only have themselves to blame as* PJ Brown was in their very own backyard taking in the Big Easy.*

Paul Pierce is The Man. I'm sure Red A. is very proud of him from up there. The game will be his defining moment and will ensure the place for his number 34 up there in the rafters of The Garden, whether or not he retires as a Celtic.

I believe that the grueling fourteen games the Celtics* underwent the last two rounds of the playoffs will toughen them up for the succeeding rounds with the Pistons and, hopefully,* the Lakers.

The Leprechaun is back!

raging,

when i saw that free throw by paul pierce, i instantly remembered a feature on the celtics that i saw sometime back. sportswriter frank deford described a field goal made by celtic great don nelson in the final game of an NBA title series against the lakers -- the first of many and the first which starred a power-packed laker crew (jerry west, elgin baylor, and the newly-acquired wilt chamberlin) that was touted as the team that would end the celtic dynasty for sure. the shot hit the backrim, bounced straight up "15 feet in the air" (by deford's estimates), then went straight through the net.

as bill russell later said, the lakers were all set to take the crown. they even had their blue and yellow balloons up in the rafters. he thought to himself that it would be fun watching the lakers' maintenance crew taking those balloons down one-by-one.

fast forward to 2008. the post-game interview with paul pierce made reference to, maybe, the late red auerbach having something to do with pierce's ball behaving the way it did. well, maybe arnold did -- this time working alongside the leprechaun!

Mateen Cleaves
05-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Pistons get the road split that they were looking for, winning Game 2 of the ECF, 103-97 at Boston. All I can say is wow! This was a real heavyweight slugfest. Both teams kept knocking down clutch shots. I can't say enough about Ray Allen's rainmaker over Rasheed. But in the end, it came down to the Pistons making just a bit more of those clutch baskets and playing just a little bit stronger on defense. :)

The_Big_Cat
05-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Detroit started the game strong. Chauncey Billups scored 11 first half points while Richard Hamilton added 15 first half points.

The difference is the turnovers. Boston committed a lot of turns this ball game. And the bench points. Rodney Stuckey came off to score 13 points including 6 in the fourth quarter.

The good thing for Boston in this game is that Ray Allen finally came out of his slump to score his first 20 pts or more in a long time.

Six Pistons scored in double digits.

marmand
05-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Can the Celtics win on the road? They better figure it out or face going back home 3-1 and the Pistons aiming to close them out in game 5. The Pistons proved they can win on the road so losing 2 on the road for the Celtics will basically end this series.

erichubert
05-23-2008, 11:41 AM
This was more like a Western Conference playoff game while yesterday's Spurs-Lakers game was more like an Eastern Conference game. Detroit hit the clutch shots and didn't choke under pressure, championship poise at its finest. I expect the Celtics to win one on the road finally. Maybe game 4.

LION
05-23-2008, 11:47 AM
^^ ^But the turnovers comparison is only 12 - 9 with Boston having 3 more errors.

If you will look at the stats, they are almost even except in the free throws attempted and converted.

Both teams made 32 FGs and 5 3-pointers. *Detroit, however, has 6 more free throws, which is exactly the winning margin - 103-97. *

Agree that it's good that Ray Allen is back. But Celtics still lost.

I have this feeling that the Celtics will win game 3. * :)

Mateen Cleaves
05-23-2008, 11:56 AM
This was more like a Western Conference playoff game while yesterday's Spurs-Lakers game was more like an Eastern Conference game. Detroit hit the clutch shots and didn't choke under pressure, championship poise at its finest. I expect the Celtics to win one on the road finally. Maybe game 4.

Uhhh... no. If they played Western Conference defense tonight, the score would have been much higher. ;D

LION, this was just a beautiful endgame to watch. Defense was top-notch (except for James Posey on the Billups inbound) and the offense had to be super efficient to be effective. The execution by both teams in crunch time was incredible. I'm wishing Pacquiao-Diaz will be half as good as this, in terms of making and taking big shots. :)

P.s. Stuckey!!!

The_Big_Cat
05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Perhaps it is time for Boston to give veteran Sam Cassell the time. Since Eddie House was totally outplayed by the Detroit bench guards.

erichubert
05-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Agree with that, I think Sam will be given the chance in the next games, House was good last series but so far he has been outplayed by Stuckey. What a good pick Stuckey is, 15th overall (From Orlando for Darko) and is playing major minutes for Detroit in the Conference Finals. At least Detroit got something out of Darko Milicic.

The_Big_Cat
05-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Rodney Stuckey is doing what Boobie Gibson did for the Cavs in last year's playoffs, giving Detroit a big spark off the bench.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Doc Rivers was clueless with the Detroit strategy.

They were letting Rondo shoot. Of course, Rondo was not biting. Ayun, pilit pa din na sinasaksak o pinapasa ang bola. Where was Cassell?

erichubert
05-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Doc will definitely make the adjustments in game 3. He did the same thing with PJ Brown when he inserted him into the rotation in the middle of the Cleveland series. Good thing for Boston is that they are a deep team, there are a lot of 'hugots' that the coach can make.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-23-2008, 01:39 PM
The big question still for Boston... a road win.

erichubert
05-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Yes that is true. But I am confident they would get one in this series. Call it a hunch, but a strong veteran laden team like them will eventually break through and get that road win.

Kid Cubao
05-23-2008, 01:46 PM
tingin ko kaya nila, after all the celtics were the best road team in the regular season. however, in the playoffs, the mental aspect is already kicking in because of creeping physical fatigue. tingnan nyo mga mukha nina garnett, pierce and ray allen, parang mga duhat na nangulubot.

erichubert
05-23-2008, 01:57 PM
The scheduling also really comes to play in these conference finals series. Kasi every other game ang laro for both series, even if they travel to the road they still play every other day. For a team like Boston and San Antonio which were extended to the 7th game the previous series, they won't get to rest their bodies at all, plus puro veterans pa ang 2 teams so mahirap.

The_Big_Cat
05-23-2008, 02:40 PM
tingin ko kaya nila, after all the celtics were the best road team in the regular season. however, in the playoffs, the mental aspect is already kicking in because of creeping physical fatigue. tingnan nyo mga mukha nina garnett, pierce and ray allen, parang mga duhat na nangulubot.

Boston was 31-10 on the road this past regular season. Tops in the NBA.

I think the Boston loss today would serve them good in this playoffs. This will probably start the winning ways of the Celtics on the road.

Dark Knight
05-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Yes, im frowning right now. My prayers did'nt work. Is there patron saint of basketball? *;D

Anyway, kudos to the Pisstons for winning on the road. I hope law of average will catch up with the Celtics. Losing 6 games on the road by the best road team this season is too much. Its time for them to win one.

I have no more TV to smash. *:D

Jeep
05-23-2008, 03:12 PM
^dark knight, maybe no particular saint for hoops, but in view of boston's dominant irish ethnicity, you gotta ask st. patrick's intercession. in fact, when i got the news that the celtics were catching up at game's end, i thought my little novena to st. pat was kicking in. ;)

the luck o' the irish, well, maybe on saturday (sunday here).

The_Big_Cat
05-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Maybe, Eddie House should put on his Leprechaun suit. ;D

tigerman
05-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Ray Allen's shots finally cooperated and Rondo almost had a 3-d and yet they still lost.
Meanwhile, Sheed has yet to make a big impact in the first 2 games. I predict Detroit to sweep games 3 and 4.

Who wants to go against the flow?
Sorry David Stern and the fans of LA and Boston. Pistons vs. Spurs for the 2008 finals!!! ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

King_stag
05-23-2008, 04:11 PM
The Guards of detroit combined for 51 points. Stuckey led the bench with 13, outscoring the bench of boston that has a total of 8 ;D

bchoter
05-23-2008, 04:59 PM
On the larger scheme of things, I'm ok with both teams. It's just the natural selection process of who's gonna beat the crap out of the Lakers. Unfortunately, the Spurs will not cooperate and will just the the beating.

MonL
05-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Ray Allen's shots finally cooperated and Rondo almost had a 3-d and yet they still lost.
Meanwhile, Sheed has yet to make a big impact in the first 2 games. I predict Detroit to sweep games 3 and 4.*

Who wants to go against the flow?
Sorry David Stern and the fans of LA and Boston. Pistons vs. Spurs for the 2008 finals!!!* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Naah. We're just seeing a test on a higher level of Boston's character now that they face the adversity of trying to win on the road. But heck, their history is replete with great comebacks. So their demise for now is still greatly exaggerated.

marmand
05-23-2008, 08:38 PM
The series would reach 6 games. ( Pistons in 6 ) If the Celtics can win one at Detroit then the series goes the distance. What is scary with the Celtics is that in the playoffs, the big three have not shown the full potential of the so called Big 3. There are games that Pierce would have a bad game and sometimes it is Ray. Imagine if all three play at the top of their games for the remainder of the series. :o Either they peak too soon in the regular season or they just climbing to the peak.

cub
05-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Lakers manhandle the Spurs. hindi pa tapos pero at the 9minute mark in the 4th, Pop already benched his star players. (for them to have some rest). i expect the Spurs to beat Lakers in 10+ points in game 3.

The_Big_Cat
05-24-2008, 11:45 AM
^Good for the Lakers. I didn't get to see the game perhaps sa replay na lang mamayang gabi.

I think the 7-game series with the Hornets has somewhat affected San Antonio's first two games in the West finals.
San Antonio will have to bounce back.

But I love the Lakers in this series. Los Angeles in 6.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Good game for the Lakers but there's better news...

A TREVOR ARIZA SIGHTING! Naka-score pa. He'll definitely be needed on the defensive end, lalo na at sa SA ang laro.

erichubert
05-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Good move by Pop, they really need to rest up because they look dog tired right now. I think Doug Collins made a good point about the importance of that Game 1 win of the Lakers. If the Lakers lost that game, the Spurs could have rested their stars more in this game to give them rest since they could afford to lose Game 2 specially Manu who is obviously injured.

cub
05-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Good game for the Lakers but there's better news...

A TREVOR ARIZA SIGHTING! Naka-score pa. He'll definitely be needed on the defensive end, lalo na at sa SA ang laro.

Ariza will be helpful should the Lakers advance to the Finals (which i doubt they would). Ariza can guard Pierce or Hamilton efficiently.

erichubert
05-24-2008, 12:03 PM
He would be useful in any series, he gives them more athleticism and a welcome change of pace at the 3 spot from Luke and Vlad Rad who are rather slow-footed. He can help guard Manu in this series. Vlad obviously can't guard Manu, the Lakers are getting away with it now because Manu is injured and is reduced to a jump shooter.

Dark Knight
05-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Im banging my head right now at my pillow. :D The city of angels won. ;D

cub
05-24-2008, 09:58 PM
He would be useful in any series, he gives them more athleticism and a welcome change of pace at the 3 spot from Luke and Vlad Rad who are rather slow-footed. He can help guard Manu in this series. Vlad obviously can't guard Manu, the Lakers are getting away with it now because Manu is injured and is reduced to a jump shooter.

Kobe can guard Manu anytime. Phil will just use Ariza this series just for him to feel the game. but it will come to no avail because Lakers will lose the series.

marmand
05-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Im banging my head right now at my pillow. :D The city of angels won. ;D

Easy. Have faith. The Spurs will be back. ;) Important game would be game 5. The winner of game 5 takes the series.

The_Big_Cat
05-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Easy. Have faith. The Spurs will be back. ;) Important game would be game 5. The winner of game 5 takes the series.

Baka hindi na yan umabot ng game 5. ;D
The way the Lakers have been playing this past couple of games, they look unstoppable.

Phil Jackson when winning game 1 of a playoff series, is 40-0 playoffseries wins. Best in the NBA.
Phil Jackson just extended his NBA-record of 189 Playoff Wins.

:)

MonL
05-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Finally, the Celtics get a statement road win in, of all places, Detroit's homecourt, 94-80. The formula the Pistons used in stealing homecourt advantage was also used by Boston in regaining it, having six players scoring double figures against 3 by Detroit. All Celtic starters plus 6th man Posey racked up doubles. Plus their defense finally held up, going way below their road average of 95 pts given up.

Rip still is a gem, but got less than usual support from Sheed and glaringly from Prince. Billups had a subpar game but Rod Stuckey came up big once more with 17 pts. His strength and athleticism* continues to give Boston fits.

Sam Cassell came off the bench to make a meaningful 3 and a long 2 when the Celtics were steadying up for their big run. The Alien has finally landed. ;D

tigerman
05-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Give credit to the whole Boston team. They really played with a lot of urgency right from the opening quarter. The only time Detroit showed life was during that 13-0 run after Garnett and Allen got into early foul trouble.

And in a battle of 2 weaklings, Doc Rivers got the better of Flip Saunders. If the latter fails to lead his team back to the finals, then Joe Dumars should think twice about sticking with him.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
05-25-2008, 12:24 PM
^^You're right E.T. has phoned home (Cassell). ;D

I told you the Boston loss in game 2 served them well as they came out in game 3 with more aggression.
With that aggression the Celtics went to the line 17 times making 16 FTs. Paul Pierce had only 2 pts in the first half. Kevin Garnett scored 11 in the first half.

The Celtics were 31-10 on the road in the regular season and 0-6 in this playoffs. They got their first one on the road in convincing fashion and with the formula that gave them the best record in the NBA, GREAT DEFENSE. Limiting Richard Hamilton to only 2pts in the first half and Billups with no FGs in the first half.

The only bright spot for Detroit was rookie bench guard Rodney Stuckey with 15 pts.
Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett were brilliant for the Celtics today.

cub
05-25-2008, 01:17 PM
mas gusto ko na makita na 15points or lower lang si Allen at Pierce kesa sa 25+ points sila kasi in this way, their teammates can contribute more which results to a good win.

other interesting stat:

Ray Allen missed his second freethrow in the playoffs. he is now 43/45 or 96% from the foul line.

Dark Knight
05-25-2008, 01:38 PM
going to the East Finals, ive always thought.......

....the Celtics have been winning at the Garden for 8 games, its time for them to lose one, and they did in game 2.

....the Celtics have been losing on the road for 6 games and its high time for them to win one, they did in Game 3.

Law of Averages works in mysterious ways, and what a time for the Celtics to win. With Boston's victory, the Pistons just gave them confidence in Game 4. I wont be surprised if they will be up 3-1 returning to the Garden.

As for the Lakers..................................well i dont give a damn about the Lakers. :D

MonL
05-25-2008, 06:29 PM
going to the East Finals, ive always thought.......

....the Celtics have been winning at the Garden for 8 games, its time for them to lose one, and they did in game 2.

....the Celtics have been losing on the road for 6 games and its high time for them to win one, they did in Game 3.

Law of Averages works in mysterious ways, and what a time for the Celtics to win. With Boston's victory, the Pistons just gave them confidence in Game 4. I wont be surprised if they will be up 3-1 returning to the Garden.

As for the Lakers..................................well i dont give a damn about the Lakers.* :D

Celts just got closer to championship form. Getting the road win in one of the most hostile arenas in the NBA(remember the Artest Beer Bash? ;D) and shutting up the crowd was a character builder for them. That's essential in a 2-3-2 finals format where the team with the homecourt advantage will be at a disadvantage.*

Mateen Cleaves
05-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Celts just got closer to championship form. Getting the road win in one of the most hostile arenas in the NBA(remember the Artest Beer Bash? ;D) and shutting up the crowd was a character builder for them. That's essential in a 2-3-2 finals format where the team with the homecourt advantage will be at a disadvantage.

Naayos na ng NBA ang problemang 'yan. 2-2-1-1-1 na ang format, Bossing. :)

The_Big_Cat
05-26-2008, 07:43 AM
I see the Lakers coming out strong this game 3.

Jeep
05-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Celts just got closer to championship form. Getting the road win in one of the most hostile arenas in the NBA(remember the Artest Beer Bash? ;D) and shutting up the crowd was a character builder for them. That's essential in a 2-3-2 finals format where the team with the homecourt advantage will be at a disadvantage.*

Naayos na ng NBA ang problemang 'yan. 2-2-1-1-1 na ang format, Bossing.* :)

correct me if i'm wrong, but won't the home-and-away 2-3-2 format be used for the finals?

LION
05-26-2008, 09:22 AM
AFAIK, all games in the playoffs will follow the 2-2-1-1-1 format. For the finals, it will be 2-3-2.

Jeep
05-26-2008, 09:53 AM
^thanks for the clarification, lion.

on another related topic, i like the chemistry of the team covering the eastern finals (mike breen, coach jeff van gundy, and mark jackson). van gundy's florid words contrast greatly with jackson's off-the-street straight-up language ("momma, there goes that man again!" as KG does yet another flush-down) , and breen refereeing the two. an example is yesterday's game at the palace. with detroit floundering, coach van gundy uses "quagmire" to describe the pistons' woes. then, without provocation, turns to mark jackson and says, "that's an SAT word for you." :D thankfully, mark jackson was able to hold his own, and all three have a good laugh about it.

OTOH, in the west, i always have this fear that sir charles is going to take very violent objection to his commentating from the others in the panel, particularly reggie miller. ;D it's just a good thing they're on opposite ends of the line-up.

dark_seid
05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
^yep kaya nga sana mark jackson does not yet get a head-coaching gig eh. sayang yun team nila with van gundy and breen.

Dark Knight
05-26-2008, 12:48 PM
The Spurs returned the favor via a 19 point blowout against the Lakers.

Im happy. ;D Enough said. :D

stonecold316
05-26-2008, 05:25 PM
The Spurs returned the favor via a 19 point blowout against the Lakers.

Im happy. ;D Enough said. :D

Pinagbigyan lang ang Spurs. :D :D :D

LA in five games.

stonecold316

MonL
05-26-2008, 09:53 PM
AFAIK,* all games in the playoffs will follow the 2-2-1-1-1 format. For the finals, it will be 2-3-2.

The 2-3-2 was implemented in 1985 to address the issues regarding long distance cross-country travel between eastern and western conference cities during the NBA Finals series (at least that's the official party line). Playoff series between teams in the same conference follow the old format as travel is not as tiring.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-26-2008, 09:54 PM
BAWI TAYO LAKERS!!!

Dark Knight
05-26-2008, 10:41 PM
::)* ::) ::)

flsfnoeraekadad
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Nasobrahan ata sa intake ng hangin si stonecold316 ;D

Dark Knight
05-26-2008, 10:49 PM

I can take it. :D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-26-2008, 10:51 PM

I can take it. :D

Kahit maka-Lakers ako hindi ko kaya ang wind speed! Kaya pala nagbababagyo ngayon lately. :D

King_stag
05-27-2008, 11:45 AM
pistons won ;D J-max made all of his 6 attempts plus a highlight block on KG. Antonio McDyess Led the team with 21 points and 16 rebounds

erichubert
05-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Crucial game 5 coming up. I think Detroit wanted and needed the game more, they can't fall behind 3-1 with the next game in Boston. McDyess came up big again, good thing Big Ben is gone, now McDyess is getting to show what he can do in more minutes.

erichubert
05-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Good day in Detroit: Red Wings go 2-0 up in Stanley Cup finals, and Pistons even their series. Imagine that, two big games in two major sports in the US played in the same city on the same day.

The_Big_Cat
05-27-2008, 12:13 PM
The Pistons 10-0 strong start in the first quarter turned out to be the telling point as they never looked back and eventually won the game by 9 points.

tigerman
05-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Detroit's penchant for playing great when down or doubted continues. ;D

Their play earlier was vintage "Detroit Basketballll", tough defense coupled with great execution on offense.

It's now down to a best-of-three affair.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

bigfreeze_bibby
05-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Na-home court mentality na naman ang Celtics kanina. Sinigurado lang nila na ibalik ang home court advantage sa kanila and then malamyang performance na naman ang ipinakita nila kanina. Just better make sure that they win their remaining home court games to secure the win.

mighty_lion
05-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Their play earlier was vintage "Detroit Basketballll", tough defense coupled with great execution on offense.

Naaliw ako dun sa announcer ng Detroit especially dun sa announcement ng starting five.* ;D

Tingin ko aabot ng game 7 ang Boston-Detroit.

stonecold316
05-27-2008, 04:17 PM

I can take it.* :D

Kahit maka-Lakers ako hindi ko kaya ang wind speed! Kaya pala nagbababagyo ngayon lately. :D

Kayo naman, masyado kayong seryoso. The Spurs won convincingly and that's it. Alam ko naman na marami sa inyo ang ayaw sa Lakers so as expected may reaction from you guys. ;D ;D ;D
Mahangin ba ang post ko? sorry naman. My bad.

Anyway, I'm still confident of a Lakers victory. With Phil around, sure na may adjustment ang LA come Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals.

By the way, hope the Celtics also survives Detroit. Pano pa yung LA vs Boston dream duel kung di sila makapasok sa NBA Finals? Ganun din sa Lakers, kung sakali makabawi ang Spurs sa kanila.

Again LA vs Boston will be a blockbuster kung matutuloy.

stonecold316

marmand
05-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Crucial game 5 coming up. I think Detroit wanted and needed the game more, they can't fall behind 3-1 with the next game in Boston. McDyess came up big again, good thing Big Ben is gone, now McDyess is getting to show what he can do in more minutes.

The winner of game 5 will take the series. ;)

marmand
05-27-2008, 04:38 PM
The Pistons 10-0 strong start in the first quarter turned out to be the telling point as they never looked back and eventually won the game by 9 points.

They wanted the game more. The idea of going down 1-3 and going back to Boston will all but end the series.

The_Big_Cat
05-27-2008, 04:39 PM

5 is the number of Kevin Garnett (Boston). And 5 is the number of Jordan Farmar (Los Angeles). ;)

Ang tahinik ng thread pagka natatalo ang Boston at LA. ;D

Boston at LA are the good picks.

tigerman
05-27-2008, 04:47 PM

Naaliw ako dun sa announcer ng Detroit especially dun sa announcement ng starting five.* ;D

Tingin ko aabot ng game 7 ang Boston-Detroit.

John Mason is the best P.A. in the whole world!!! ;D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dxnpSgMQai0

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
05-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Boston is the smart pick to win this series eventually simply because Detroit falls into lapses too often. They can't seem to play the way they did today and in Game 2 every game, they like to put themselves in a hole before they play their best basketball and against the best team in the league, that won't work.

aircanda
05-27-2008, 06:36 PM
BAWI TAYO LAKERS!!!

babawi talaga tayo! Iba body language ni "MVP=Kobe Bryant" hehehe

cub
05-27-2008, 06:59 PM

5 is the number of Kevin Garnett (Boston). And 5 is the number of Jordan Farmar (Los Angeles). ;)

Walter Herrmann (Pistons) and Ime Udoka wears jersey number 5 too.

MonL
05-27-2008, 09:42 PM
The final score was not an indicator of how intnese the game was played. Though the Pistons started fast, Boston kept fighting back and kept close by. The Pistons reserves save the day, particularly Jason Maxiell, whose game long energy sustained the Pistons. He kept on making big plays and never gave up on defense, especially wigth that big block of a Garnett dunk attempt on the break. They weathered repeated Celtic rallies until Boston gave up the ghost in the last minute.

The Celtics on the other hand were inconsistent. They were tentative on a lot of their offensive plays; they made one pass too many on many occasions when a shot was needed and available. On the other hand, they made ill advised shots done in haste when working the ball in was better.

Good thing is that they can take what the Pistons* can dish out. The Pistons simply had more energy this time out.

But bet on it, Boston will win Game 5.

King_stag
05-27-2008, 10:47 PM

The winner of game 5 will take the series.* ;)

Pansin ko nga ;D. Anyway i like the pace of the game, maxy looked like a runaway bull, detroit fed from the energy he provides off the bench. DETROIT BASKETBALL

batangueño
05-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Boston Celtics vs Los Angeles Lakers finals? Naku! Siguradong matutuwa diyan si David Stern at ang mga TV networks. Pati na din ako. ;) ;D

King_stag
05-28-2008, 05:18 AM
One game at a time bro. Still a lot of surprises to unfold (i hope) ;D

shyboy
05-28-2008, 11:56 AM
It's not an odd year kaya no Spurs championship this year.

Go Lakers! :)

Mateen Cleaves
05-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Joey Crawford gets the last laugh. Screws Tim Duncan and Spurs again! No way that Fisher didn't foul Barry on that last attempt. :o ... Now we know why David Stern reinstated Crawford. Ha ha. ;D

erichubert
05-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Lakers always make thing interesting, there is no way they should have let the Spurs back in the end there. They got lucky against Utah, and got lucky against San Antonio again. Better learn to close teams out or it will come back to bite them eventually. Barry almost killed the Lakers today, but Manu was really off, they can't win if he plays like that.

The_Big_Cat
05-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Joey Crawford gets the last laugh. Screws Tim Duncan and Spurs again! No way that Fisher didn't foul Barry on that last attempt. :o ... Now we know why David Stern reinstated Crawford. Ha ha. ;D

Barry should have passed the ball to a wide open Michael Finley on the corner but he didn't.

Jordan Farmar's jersey number is 5. The Lakers will finish them in 5. ;)

char11
05-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Too bad with Brent Barry but with all the physical defense going around, Kobe with 0 free throw attempts would make this a controversial game indeed. ;D

marmand
05-28-2008, 01:13 PM
To the Spurs, Please REBOUND! They were playing as if there were iron balls attached to each of their ankles. >:(

Mateen Cleaves
05-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Barry should have passed the ball to a wide open Michael Finley on the corner but he didn't.

With only 2 seconds, I don't know if the Spurs had time for an extra pass in that situation.

dark_seid
05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
^ just a bad end game play/execution by the spurs then.

batangueño
05-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Ah! Basta ako, mga Kabayan, I am still rooting for a Celtics vs Lakers finals this year. Dream come true yan for all basketball fanatics at pati na din kay David Stern at sa ABC. :D

john_paul_manahan
05-28-2008, 02:57 PM
basta all four teams have what it takes (coaches flip and doc nonewithstanding)....

Kid Cubao
05-28-2008, 03:49 PM

With only 2 seconds, I don't know if the Spurs had time for an extra pass in that situation.

not only that, brent barry was the most consistent shooter for the spurs in game 4, so he had the surest hand under those circumstances. hayun lang, si joey crawford kasi ang head ref sa larong iyon. makes you wish they had the other crawford--danny--as head ref instead ;D

tigerman
05-28-2008, 04:16 PM
What about Kobe's answer to the question given to him by Craig Sager during the post-game interview :re Fisher's foul on Barry?

"No foul. No foul." And Kobe's facial expression during the interview was priceless. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

batangueño
05-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Ay! Marami palang Spurs fans dito? ;D

Still, sana Celtics vs Lakers finals pa din para maraming happy. :D

Kid Cubao
05-28-2008, 04:24 PM
ang sa akin, kung may pagkakamaling nagawa si brent barry, it's the observation that he didn't sell the foul when derek fisher landed on him after he got faked off his feet. on hindsight, he could have thrown up his arms and flayed all about like he was shot to attract the attention of the refs, but he didn't. kung si manu yung tumira, malamang yun ang ginawa nya ;D

anyway, i don't want to second-guess anymore. brent barry played the best playoff game in his career, and i applaud his performance. if he nailed that three, kobe would have been the GOAT for his two highly-questonable shot selections in the last 50 seconds in regulation.

tigerman
05-28-2008, 04:30 PM
What if a superstar was involved on that play and not a role player like Barry? Would the result be the same?

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

stonecold316
05-28-2008, 04:51 PM
The Lakers also got the raw end of the deal pagdating sa mga fouls. Hindi ko na mabilang ang dami ng fouls na binigay sa Lakers that was translated into free throw attempts by the Spurs. Siguro more than 30 freebies ang tinira ng Spurs sa foul line. Kung hindi sila tumira ng ganung kadaming free throws I'm sure tambak na sila.

Anyway, malas rin talaga ang Spurs. There were a lot of times na pwede na nila makuha ang lead from the Lakers pero most of the time din they wasted their opportunities. Grabe, sa offensive rebound bumawi ang Lakers. Aside from that maganda rin ang nilaro ng bench players ng LA most notably Luke Walton.

3-1 na ang Lakers but don't count out the Spurs. Time and again pinakita nila na kaya nila bumalik sa isang series. A victory in LA will do just that.

For LA, sana nga makapasok na kayo sa NBA Finals.

Dilaw ang kulay ng NBA ngayon! Five games to go, 15th straight NBA title na!

stonecold316

;) ;) ;)

erichubert
05-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Di pa tapos ito, the key really is to finish them in game 5. You never want to give an experienced team like the Spurs a second life, and I think no one fancies the chances of the Lakers against the Spurs in a game 7 situation.

Dark Knight
05-28-2008, 07:29 PM
MY LIPS ARE SEALED............................for the meantime. :D

I did'nt know NABRO is the one officiating in the NBA. ;D

Raging Blue
05-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Iniisip ko na lang karma yung non-call on Barry's jumper on the Spurs for getting away with murder for the rather hash one-game suspension meted on Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw for allegedly leaving the bench after Horry's Cheap Bob shot on Nash. The suspension was the turning point of the Suns-Spurs playoff series last year.

But seriously, I wanted the Spurs to win to extend this series with the Lakers to six games at least.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Also, it was a make-up call.

Raging Blue
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
And the make-up non-call was courtesy of Tim Duncan's "favorite" referee, ta-dah, Joey Crawford.

And a word of advice for Manu Ginobili to wipe out the bad karma he has been experiencing: "GET A SHAVE!". But not by Sweeny Todd :D

nash_bedista
05-28-2008, 10:38 PM
ask ko lng,

anung team/s ang nakabalik from 3-1 deficit papuntang finals? :)

King_stag
05-28-2008, 10:42 PM
ask ko lng,

anung team/s ang nakabalik from 3-1 deficit papuntang finals?* :)

Six teams (Boston, 1968; Los Angeles, 1970; Washington, 1979; Boston, 1981; Houston, 1995; Miami, 1997) have rebounded from a 3-1 deficit

The_Big_Cat
05-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Boston moved within a win of going to the NBA Finals in 22 years.

Celtics' Big Three was huge. Pierce with 16 pts, Allen had his second 20pt-game in the postseason ended with 27 points and Kevin Garnett had 31 pts. The Boston bench contributed only 3pts.

MonL
05-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Celtics survive the Pistons, 106-102 through clutch free throw shooting down the stretch. Celts got big games from KG and Ray Allen as usual but got a monster game from Kendrick Perkins who put in an 18 point and 16 rebound effort, and a 13 assist effort from Rajon Rondo.

Celtics starters practically never rested as they were on court at least 38 minutes each. That probably told near the end when the Pisotns razed a 17 point deficit to make the game more exciting. Detroit used more men but were hampered by the foul trouble by 'Dice' and Maxiell.

Rod Stuckey was the most disappointed Piston in the endgame as his intentional free throw miss went in, to douse a possible comeback. Sheed had a monster game, firing five threes, but his technical foul hurt them later.

Celts showed their lack of maturity, making bad decisions at crunch time, though they made up for it with clutch plays.

The_Big_Cat
05-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Lindsey Hunter's steal off Sam Cassell then threw an alley-up pass to Jason Maxiell for a thunderous dunk is probably the best play of the day.

Dark Knight
05-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Im relieved, thats all i can say. *:D

With the way the Celtics play down the stretch, im having second thoughts if they have what it takes to win this years title.

MonL
05-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Im relieved, thats all i can say. *:D

With the way the Celtics play down the stretch, im having second thoughts if they have what it takes to win this years title.

The World Championship is actually being played in the East. If the Celtics survive the Pistons, they will win against the Lakers, should they dispose of the Spurs as expected.

MonL
05-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Lindsey Hunter's steal off Sam Cassell then threw an alley-up pass to Jason Maxiell for a thunderous dunk is probably the best play of the day.

Hunter is physically equipped to be a stopper in the backcourt, though he is 35 years old. His wingspan is that of a much taller player and that, coupled with his quickness, made him adept at picking the pockets of the Celtics time and again in this series.

Jeep
05-29-2008, 02:24 PM
The World Championship is actually being played in the East. If the Celtics survive the Pistons, they will win against the Lakers, should they dispose of the Spurs as expected.*

magdilang-anghel ka, monL.* :)* having been a celtics follower for the longest time, i will hang on to your word. prior to their being packaged as the big 3, KG, paul pierce, and ray allen were, to me at least, more role players than stars in the NBA constellation. sure, even in their former teams, KG and ray allen were the go-to guys when it mattered, but they didn't -- and even now don't -- have the glam-and-glitter of a kobe bryant, a lebron james, or a shaquille o'neal.

so when faced with superstar MVP, i don't know how the big 3 will fare. like many say, though, in the end, it's 5 guys making beautiful music together that will matter down the stretch.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Im relieved, thats all i can say. :D

The World Championship is actually being played in the East. If the Celtics survive the Pistons, they will win against the Lakers, should they dispose of the Spurs as expected.

Not so fast. We have the best closer in the game. And the most pesky bench player/shooter.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-29-2008, 02:58 PM
What I didn't like sa Boston kanina is that during the 4th quarter run of the Pistons, may mga times na KG, Pierce, or Rondo was open for the jumper but they just kept passing the ball around the perimeter looking for a better attempt at the basket. It was good, yes, but nagiging sloppy yung plays and most of the time, imbis na better shot ang makukuha mo, the passes result to turnovers which enabled Detroit to comeback big time.

Rondo's high looping passes were so much of a high risk earlier in the 4th quarter. Malilikot pa naman kamay ng Pistons and they are very good in deflecting those passes resulting to Celtic turns. Buti na lang at mainit all game long si Allen after a long slump and KG and KP43 was there to man the frontline against Dyess, Sheed, and Maxiell. There were stretches in the ballgame that Prince played power forward. Hamilton played good defense on Pierce also in the 4th quarter.

dark_seid
05-29-2008, 03:00 PM
from ESPN ... fines to be imposed for flopping next season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3416579

to summarize, no reseeding of playoffs and hack-a-shaq can still be used.

The_Big_Cat
05-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Detroit played terrific basketball in one stretch in the 4th qtr where they played small ball. Hamilton, Hunter, Stuckey, Wallace & McDyess. This five played exceptional double teaming schemes especially on Pierce.

Rasheed Wallace got his league-leading postseason 6th technical foul. One more and he will be suspended for one game.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-29-2008, 04:45 PM
This series:

Stuckey > Billups

Flip might think of starting Stuckey

batangueño
05-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Muntik na kanina ang Boston. Wala lang. If things are doing to go the way things went at the Celtics-Pistons earlier, David Stern, ABC, myself and so many others out there will be so damn disappointed because our dream Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics finals will just remain a fantasy. ::)

By the way, anong nakain ni Perkins at bigla siyang sumiklab kanina? Pati na din si Stuckey. :o

Mateen Cleaves
05-29-2008, 05:19 PM
This series:

Stuckey > Billups

Flip might think of starting Stuckey

Not for Billups. But he might consider Stuckey for Hamilton if Rip's sTrained elbow doesn't get better. In the regular season, Flip started Afflalo when Hamilton couldn't play. Afflalo is closer in size to Rip but hasn't seen action in this series yet.

coreytaylor
05-29-2008, 05:31 PM
kahit 3-1 na, spurs pa rin ako. it ain't over till its over. ;)

batangueño
05-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Still, it's a Lakers-Celtics finals for me, David Stern, ABC and the majority of NBA fanatics. ;)

Mananalo pa ba ang Spurs sa Staples bukas? Ewan lang natin pero baka sa fans pa lang ng Lakers lead by Jack Nicholson, katay na sina Manu at TD. ;D

stonecold316
05-29-2008, 05:55 PM
:D :D :D

Grabe, medyo humangin dito ah. The world championship being played in the East? You've gotta be kidding me. Yan hirap sa ibang Boston fans eh, nakapasok lang sa Eastern Conference Finals and Celtics medyo tumaas ang ere.

Kung pwede, don't count the Detroit Pistons out yet. Maswerte lang talaga ang team ninyo kaya nanalo kanina.

Hirap sa iba, grabe maliitin ang kakayahan ng Lakers. Wait till the Lakers face Boston, diyan magkakaalaman kung sino magaling.

Oops, actually Boston was only good till 1986 when they last won an NBA title. From there, it was all down hill for a team which won a record of 16 NBA championships. Again, malakas talaga ang Boston because of its big three (Garnet, Pierce and Allen) but I'm sure the Lakers are much solid in terms of its own big three players (Bryant, Gasol and Odom) and of course their bench players. Mas magaling din ang coaching staff ng Lakers so I'm sure that they will have the advantage kahit may home court edge ang Boston kung sakali magkaharap ang dalawang team sa Finals.

Anyway, wait and see pa rin tayo kung matatapos ng Boston ang Pistons on Saturday. Ganun din ang Lakers by tomorrow.

Good luck na lang sa atin lahat.

stonecold316

stonecold316
05-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Tama, a Boston vs LA Finals series will be a classic. Expect the legends (former players of both teams) to come out and watch the games. Mga artista at sikat na entertainers will also surely watch the Finals. Di rin ako magtataka kung ang high-ranking government officials sa Amerika eh manood dahil elections season dun.

Ginaya ba sa Pinas? hehe!

stonecold316

cub
05-29-2008, 06:38 PM
ask ko lng,

anung team/s ang nakabalik from 3-1 deficit papuntang finals? :)

Six teams (Boston, 1968; Los Angeles, 1970; Washington, 1979; Boston, 1981; Houston, 1995; Miami, 1997) have rebounded from a 3-1 deficit

last time I checked, it was the Chicago Bulls and the Utah Jazz were the teams that fought for the 1997 NBA finals.

Dark Knight
05-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Grabe, medyo humangin dito ah. The world championship being played in the East? You've gotta be kidding me. Yan hirap sa ibang Boston fans eh, nakapasok lang sa* Eastern Conference Finals and Celtics medyo tumaas ang ere.

::) ::) ::)

(very PEX like)* :D

Id rather believe MonL's single post than someone here's 1000 plus posts combined. ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
05-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Re: Stuckey and Billups. I'd still stick to the veteran Billups. Nagkataon lang na he was defended well in the last sequences of the ball game resulting to missed layups. Billups made the big plays down the stretch to cut Boston's lead. Banderang kapos nga lang sabi nga nila. Stuckey is also good but pinakita kanina ang pagkabagito niya by his wrong judgment of his last set of free throws (missing the first and instead of missing also the second, pinasok pa rin niya ito).

I am not sure kung mag-click pag pinagsabay sila but Saunders must consider Afflalo as well as what Mateen had said kung magiging doubtful ang status ni Rip on Saturday. Kung defensive purposes lang din, I'd place siguro si Hunter as Billups' backcourt partner while Stuckey comes off the bench to provide that offensive support along with Maxiell. I love also the double teaming trap of the Pistons every time Boston goes for its pick and roll. Dun lagi nadadali ang Boston especially in game 4. Buti na lang at may pondong lamang ang Boston kanina, kundi Detroit might have the 3-2 going to game 6.

MonL
05-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Grabe, medyo humangin dito ah. The world championship being played in the East? You've gotta be kidding me. Yan hirap sa ibang Boston fans eh, nakapasok lang sa* Eastern Conference Finals and Celtics medyo tumaas ang ere.

::)* ::) ::)

Id rather believe MonL's single post than someone here's 1000 plus posts combined.* ;D

I don't see why not.** ;D

After all, I did put in a down-to-earth "IF"in what I said. :D

I have been a Celtic fan since the 70's, so I aint got no "recent entry" airs.

Ahihihihi....

batangueño
05-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Ah! Basta. Magkakampi kami ni David Stern this time. We want a Lakers-Celtics finals match! ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Doug Collins to be the next CHI coach

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/977280,collins052908.article

MonL
05-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Spurs are fighting for their lives. They are up, 30-15 in the second quarter after making a big run. But the Lakers are not yet done. Far from it. They can and have come back from worse.

yungha
05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
go spurs! tambakan nyo, break their spirits.

yungha
05-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Spurs are fighting for their lives. They are up, 30-15 in the second quarter after making a big run. But the Lakers are not yet done. Far from it. They can and have come back from worse.

you actually get the impression that kobe likes it when they have to come back from big deficits. he's at his best when he's rallying his team through sheer force of will. there were rumors that kobe intentionally kept his games in high school close in order that he may take, and make, the winning shot.

canmaker
05-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Manu's injury proves fatal for SA ...

Stern gets half of his dream finals matchup !!!

MonL
05-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Lakers did come back, winning 100-92. A new champion will be crowned this year.

From the East.* ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-30-2008, 11:50 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers advance for their 29th Finals appearance.

MVP Kobe Bryant was spectacular scoring 17 of his 39 points in the fourth quarter. The Spurs' Big Three accounted for only 48 pts as San Antonio struggled in the second half against the surging Lakers.

Manu Ginobili for the 2nd straight game struggled. Against JR Smith (Denver) and Morris Peterson (New Orleans), Manu was fabulous but against the Lakers' Radmanovic he was struggling. Perhaps the size of Radmanovic had an effect.

The Lakers was +18 in points in the paint.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Now for the other half

GO DETROIT!!!

MonL
05-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Celtics are 29-0 when they win game 5 of a series.

Make it 30-0, Boston. And 31-0 soon. ;D

joelex
05-30-2008, 12:03 PM
The Celtics have no choice but to win it this year. Kobe and co. have the next 5 years to dominate.

GO CELTICS!

The_Big_Cat
05-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Boston may again face another game 7 if they come out flat tomorrow.

I like Boston to win. GO BEANTOWN!

flsfnoeraekadad
05-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Kobe hit that three to start the 4th and I just knew that it was game over for the Spurs.

The Machine with the stat-padding to end the game. Finley got mad at him. I know that was wrong and kinda unsporstman-like but I can't help but laugh. Magkano kaya taya ni Sasha sa odds?

The_Big_Cat
05-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Phil Jackson is now 41-0 (playoff series win) when winning game 1 of the series.

stonecold316
05-30-2008, 02:39 PM

Id rather believe MonL's single post than someone here's 1000 plus posts combined.* ;D

Eh di maniwala ka. Kung di mo gusto opinion ko eh di huwag. Dapat si Mon nga mag react sa post do diba? Bakit kaw ang humirit?

Besides I'm just reacting to his statement na ang NBA championship daw eh nilalaro sa Eastern Conference. Ano ba tingin ninyo sa LA at San Antonio? pipitsugin?

Kung kayo babanat sa Lakers/fans ok lang. Pero kung idedefend ko ang favorite team ko very PEX like? Ano rin ba tingin ninyo sa lahat ng nagpo-post sa PEX? ignorante? Discussion forum ito diba? So I guess it's ok to criticize basta hindi below the belt ang banat.

Hope this will clarify things up. Hindi ko inaaway si Mon, nag-react lang ako sa statement niya. Thanks.

stonecold316

Dark Knight
05-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Grabe, medyo humangin dito ah. The world championship being played in the East? You've gotta be kidding me. Yan hirap sa ibang Boston fans eh, nakapasok lang sa Eastern Conference Finals and Celtics medyo tumaas ang ere.

(very PEX like) :D

Id rather believe MonL's single post than someone here's 1000 plus posts combined. ;D

Eh di maniwala ka. Kung di mo gusto opinion ko eh di huwag. Dapat si Mon nga mag react sa post do diba? Bakit kaw ang humirit?

Besides I'm just reacting to his statement na ang NBA championship daw eh nilalaro sa Eastern Conference. Ano ba tingin ninyo sa LA at San Antonio? pipitsugin?

Kung kayo babanat sa Lakers/fans ok lang. Pero kung idedefend ko ang favorite team ko very PEX like? Ano rin ba tingin ninyo sa lahat ng nagpo-post sa PEX? ignorante? Discussion forum ito diba? So I guess it's ok to criticize basta hindi below the belt ang banat.

(yup, confirmed, its PEX like ) :D

Dark Knight
05-30-2008, 02:44 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:LEKh9eFWBEtpqM:http://www.10000takes.com/GetGarnett.jpg

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stonecold316
05-30-2008, 02:47 PM
The Celtics have no choice but to win it this year. Kobe and co. have the next 5 years to dominate.

GO CELTICS!

Yes, tama ka. Ang Boston pang this year lang ang title run nila kasi yung big three nila eh matatanda na halos. Quick fix ang ginawa ni Danny Ainge sa Boston dahil gutom na ang team/fans for a championship. Wheras sa Lakers, good for six years pa sila dahil s Derek Fisher lang ang 30 above kung di ako nagkakamali. The rest ng team batang bata pa.

To Laker fans: Our team will win the crown regardless kung sino ang kalaban nila. Basta remain focus sila ang play the game with intensity and determination. Gusto ko sana ang Boston makalaban nila dahil tagal na ng team nito na umiiyak (lalo na ang fans) at puro talo ang inabot nila since winning the 1986 NBA crown. Pero I'm now rooting for Detroit kasi feel ko mas deserve nila makapasok sa Finals.
;D ;D ;D

GO LAKERS! Four more games champs na kayo.

stonecold316

stonecold316
05-30-2008, 02:48 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:LEKh9eFWBEtpqM:http://www.10000takes.com/GetGarnett.jpg

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iiyak ang isa rito.
;D ;D ;D

stonecold316
05-30-2008, 02:50 PM
The Lakers will be playing in the finals for the 23rd time since moving from Minneapolis to Los Angeles in 1961 and the 29th time overall. They have won 14 championships — nine in Los Angeles and five in Minneapolis.

Simply dominating.

stonecold316

Dark Knight
05-30-2008, 02:51 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to the LA LAKERS for winning the Western Conference Title

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4192/cookkisszq8.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/407812775_93f3290388.jpg

Mind you, this is not a SEXUAL HARRASMENT on court

Dark Knight
05-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Nope, I dont cry, i just bang my head hard. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-30-2008, 03:42 PM
^Grabe! Wala pa nga tayo sa NBA Finals, nagbabanatan na! ;D

Seriously, the Celtics' Big Three aren't that old. Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen are both 32 years while Paul Pierce is only 30 years old.

For Detroit, I would like to see Tayshaun Prince come alive. He has been quite this series. Prince is my "x-factor" for tomorrow's game.

batangueño
05-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Congratulations to the Los Angeles Lakers, 2008 NBA Western Conference Champions! :)

The dream Lakers vs Celtics finals is almost complete. ;D

God bless the Boston Celtics. ;)

coreytaylor
05-30-2008, 06:32 PM
men it hurts my team lost. congratulations to all lakers fans.

aircanda
05-30-2008, 09:15 PM
hehehe.. mga bro... buhayin ko lang uli ang diskusyon.. di nio pa ren bna matanggap na magaling at talagang may maipagmamayabang si Kobe?

hehehe.. peace!

i see the pistons winning it in the garden in game 7.. they almost won last time around.. breaks of the game lang nagpanalo sa boston.. Im rooting for the Pistons kasi i feel they are the underdogs in this matchup..

MonL
05-30-2008, 09:55 PM
The Lakers will be playing in the finals for the 23rd time since moving from Minneapolis to Los Angeles in 1961 and the 29th time overall. They have won 14 championships — nine in Los Angeles and five in Minneapolis.

Simply dominating.

stonecold316

Still they are second to a certain eastern city in terms of total championships with 16 including eight straight, and winning percentage,* 16 in 19 trips.

They also are tops all time as losing NBA finalists with 13, 1 in Minneapolis and 12 in L.A.(8 courtesy of you-know-who) ;D

Someone else simply is better.* :)

Dark Knight
05-30-2008, 09:56 PM

Simply dominating.

stonecold316

Still they are second to a certain eastern city in terms of total championships with 16 including eight straight, and winning percentage,* 16 in 19 trips.

They also are tops all time as losing NBA finalists with 13, 1 in Minneapolis and 12 in L.A.(8 courtesy of you-know-who) ;D

Have you somehow read my very informative sig? :D

Dark Knight
05-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Before anyone react, just remember

Learn The Beauty Of Parody And The Art Of Sarcasm

http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-kobe-leaves-lakers-kFh.jpg

King_stag
05-30-2008, 10:05 PM
hehehe.. mga bro... buhayin ko lang uli ang diskusyon.. di nio pa ren bna matanggap na magaling at talagang may maipagmamayabang si Kobe?

hehehe.. peace!

i see the pistons winning it in the garden in game 7.. they almost won last time around.. breaks of the game lang nagpanalo sa boston.. Im rooting for the Pistons kasi i feel they are the underdogs in this matchup..

Rip Hamilton is questionable for game 6. However, Detroit is composed of playoff Veterans, i hope that will be a key factor if they want to extend the series.

MonL
05-30-2008, 10:22 PM
^^Have you forgotten the Magic and Isiah lovefest in their finals appearance in 1988? They exchanged beso-beso kisses several times during the games but beat each other black and blue on court. Tough love talaga. :D

MonL
05-30-2008, 10:45 PM

Simply dominating.

stonecold316

Have you somehow read my very informative sig?* :D

I hope I somehow added some value with what I put in... ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-31-2008, 02:44 AM
Trash-talking to the max... basta ako mag-uupdate ng sig... 29th conference championship. I know the NBA title is more important but I'll update what can I update now. 8)

MonL
05-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Trash-talking to the max... basta ako mag-uupdate ng sig... 29th conference championship. I know the NBA title is more important but I'll update what can I update now. 8)

Trash talking? Di naman... Parang Magic and Isiah lang naman tayo dito, diba? ;D

'Yoko nga. Gusto ko Larry and Magic. 8)

Dark Knight
05-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Right now, i dont care if the Lakers win the title. If LA win it, so be it.

I'll still remain a Celtics fan win or lose.

BTW, everyone is talikng about Bostons Big 3. Lakers also has Bog 3. Bryant, Gasol and Odom. But not as big as Jabbar, Johnson and Worthy.

cub
05-31-2008, 09:48 AM
right now, the Celtics are looking good. despite KG playing only 16mins in the 1st half (because of 3fouls), they have the lead going to the locker room. Ray Allen has found his touch for the last three games and it spells byebye deeeetroit. :P

cub
05-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Boston came from 10points down to beat the Pistons at the Palace to go to the NBA finals to face the Lakers.

Kudos Celtics!

The_Big_Cat
05-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Boston's terrific defense in the 4th quarter help themselves advance to the NBA Finals in 21 years.

Ray Allen paced the Celtics in the first quarter with 10 early points including 2 threes. Garnett struggled with only 4 points and 1 rebound in the first half while Pierce had only 10 points. Detroit was paced early by an aggressive Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups.

The Celtics were outscored in the third quarter 20-31 and trailed at the start of the 4th. Their league-leading defense neutralized the Pistons.

It is a fantastic victory for Boston as they now meet long time nemesis, LA Lakers.
Boston beat LA in their regular season matchup, 2-0 but that was without Pau Gasol.

cub
05-31-2008, 11:35 AM
i think it's time to fire Flip Saunders. three times you've been eliminated in the ECF. i think he had enough chance to prove himself. also, the Pistons should trade either Rip or Sheed. Rip because he is just a jump shooter (mediocre defense and Sheed because he's getting older and older). Trade one of them for a true big man with good post moves.

hey Flip, after being fired next week, apply for the coaching position at The Desert. ;D

stonecold316
05-31-2008, 11:39 AM

Simply dominating.

stonecold316

Still they are second to a certain eastern city in terms of total championships with 16 including eight straight, and winning percentage, 16 in 19 trips.

Someone else simply is better. :)

Boston was only good up to 1986, After that they were trash. Anyway, congrats Boston fans for entering the Finals. Enjoy lang kayo kasi after ng NBA Finals, LA ang may hawak ng korona!

By the way:

Yes, mas maraming korona ang Boston compared to LA pero panahon pa ni Bird ang last championship nila and this was in 1986. LA, on the other hand, has 29 Finals appearances while Boston only has 20. Percentage wise, mas mataas ang record ng LA when it comes to winning. When was the last time na hindi nakapasok ang LA sa playoffs? Eh Boston? Panay kulelet diba? Ainge had to push the panic buttom to sign Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett before the start of the season.

Fact rin na 8-2 ang Boston sa head-to-head match-up nila sa LA sa Finals pero yung eight na yun eh panahon pa ni Bill Russel at ni Wilt Chamberlain. Ngayon, its Kobe Bryant's time na patunayan na mas magaling ang LA compared to Boston.

The big three of Kobe, Gasol ang Odom will do the job for them.

LA, Beat Boston!

stonecold316

tigerman
05-31-2008, 11:49 AM
My thoughts about the just-concluded east finals between Detroit and Boston:

1. Credit goes to the Boston supporting cast for making big plays down the stretch.
a) Rondo's jumpshot that made it 83-76
b) Perkins' block of Billups' layup attempt
c) Posey's steal off Prince with Boston only up by four, 83-79.

2. Paul Pierce is really the main man for Boston not KG. Missing two crucial ft's and passing up on shots are not exactly the attributes of a main man. KG is really better when he's the no. 2 guy.

3. Much has been said about Doc Rivers' coaching but you have to credit him for putting Posey on Billups in the curcial minutes of the 4th quarter.

4. It's time for Joe Dumars to look for a replacement for Flip Saunders. Detroit has lost the last 3 east finals with the latter at the helm. Larry Brown was their coach the last time they made it to the finals. Maybe Joe Dumars can give it a try as the headcoach. ;D

Sorry for my bold prediction of a Detroit-San Antonio finals. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
05-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Yesterday I said that Prince will be my "x-factor" going into today's game and he was.
Definitely, if he had played extremely well, Detroit could have forced a game 7. The same with Rasheed who played very bad today.

James Posey's steal off a careless Tayshaun Prince is the play of the game.

joelex
05-31-2008, 11:56 AM
This is the best and most evenly matched finals since probably 2004 (which turned out to be a rout). While many say Boston has no reason to lose given their big 3, I dont see any reason why the lineup in LA isnt as formidable. KG, PP, Rayray = KB, Pau, Odom for me. And Kobe is that explosive variable that Boston doesnt have, who can simply take over a game.

More or less what we have here are 2 teams which are just about even as far as their lineup is concerned. But LA wins the coaching duel I think. :) And Boston wins the title I hope :)

Dark Knight
05-31-2008, 11:57 AM
What is it with people and time?

So what if Lakers lost during the time of Chamberlain? Does it mean that Bryant and co are better than the LA of Chamberlain?

Dark Knight
05-31-2008, 11:59 AM
To All Boston fans here

APIR!!!!!* :D

stonecold316
05-31-2008, 12:01 PM

So what if Lakers lost during the time of Chamberlain? Does it mean that Bryant and co are better than the LA of Chamberlain?

Tumpak!

stonecold316

stonecold316
05-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Buhay na buhay na ang mga fans ng Boston.
Ilan kaya sa kanila ang fair weathered?

;D ;D ;D

Anyway, LA vs Boston will be a classic and I don't mind if LA will sweep Boston in Four games.
hehehe!

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
05-31-2008, 12:05 PM
I say the coming edition of the NBA Finals between Boston and LA will be an "Offense vs Defense" series.

The Lakers are the more potent offensive team with MVP Kobe Bryant anchoring their offense. But the Celtics is the NBA's leading defensive team which will be anchored by Defensive Player of the Year Kevin Garnett.

Kobe has not met a physical defensive player yet. He ran wild against JR Smith (Denver), Brewer (Utah) and Bowen (SA). All are not physical and wide enough to slow down Bryant. We might see Pierce guard Bryant.

Boston is defintely the better defensive team than SA. LA's other advantage will be at the post with Pau Gasol.

I like Boston over LA.

tigerman
05-31-2008, 12:13 PM
James Posey's steal off a careless Tayshaun Prince is the play of the game.

Prince also was obviously tentative on that play. A very rare sight for a playoff-tested player like him. He should have either brought the ball down himself or even call a timeout.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
05-31-2008, 12:17 PM
The matchups will also determine who's going to win the crown.

Who will guard Kobe? Rayray or Pierce?
Who will guard KG? Lamar or Gasol?
After guarding the likes of Iverson, D-Will and Parker, Fisher will have to contend with another quick guard in Rondo. :D

Doc Rivers' acid test will be in this finals series against no less than Phil Jackson, who by the way is looking to surpass Red Auerbach for the most number of titles as headcoach.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
05-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Buhay na buhay na ang mga fans ng Boston.
Ilan kaya sa kanila ang fair weathered?

Look whos talking? ::)

I cant believe this statement came from someone with the least board credibility.

(And someone who cant answer to a certain Willy Wonka at PEX) :D

Dark Knight
05-31-2008, 12:21 PM

Tumpak!

stonecold316

Ill go for a single Wilt Chamberlain than a million Bryant. ;D