PDA

View Full Version : The 2007-08 NBA Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

marmand
05-08-2008, 02:50 PM
^ Might be a blessing in disguise. Bynum would have eaten up the playing time of Gasol or Odom. The Chemistry is great so far. Regarding his injury, Yes Laker fans must worry because it could be more serious. I remember Yao's injury, the medical staff believed it to be a minor injury. He played for a month and it did not get better. They then found out that Yao had a stress fracture. Hope Bynum gets well and that His real injury is not career threatening.

The_Big_Cat
05-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Bynum would definitely back up Pau Gasol if he ever returns to action.
The Lakers like New Orleans is riding a huge wave and nobody can't seem to stop them.
Both New Orleans and Los Angeles are peaking at the right time.

As for the Billups injury, you could see age has also caught up with Chauncey. He slipped on his own. Either your out of shape or age has caught up with you. A younger guy could have shrugged off that.
The best chance for Orlando is to use their youth, athleticism and aggresiveness ,like what Atlanta did to Boston, to be able to beat Detroit.

erichubert
05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Bynum would definitely not be back this season, he has been shut down and he might have surgery already. Just kind of surprising considering he is just 20 years old, and his body heals so slowly.

Orlando has a chance but they have to win Game 4. I think Detroit as presently constituted can withstand an injury to Chauncey better, they have better back-ups for him now.

marmand
05-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Bynum would definitely back up Pau Gasol if he ever returns to action.
The Lakers like New Orleans is riding a huge wave and nobody can't seem to stop them.
Both New Orleans and Los Angeles are peaking at the right time.

As for the Billups injury, you could see age has also caught up with Chauncey. He slipped on his own. Either your out of shape or age has caught up with you. A younger guy could have shrugged off that.
The best chance for Orlando is to use their youth, athleticism and aggresiveness ,like what Atlanta did to Boston, to be able to beat Detroit.

Best scenario for the Celtics is if the Pistons loses to the Magic. Chauncey's health is the clincher for either the Pistons or Magic. A healthy Billups, Pistons win in 5 ( cge 6 games ) but without Billups, Magic in 6.

marmand
05-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Bynum would definitely not be back this season, he has been shut down and he might have surgery already. Just kind of surprising considering he is just 20 years old, and his body heals so slowly.

Orlando has a chance but they have to win Game 4. I think Detroit as presently constituted can withstand an injury to Chauncey better, they have better back-ups for him now.

Hope it is not like what happened to Jonathan Bender. An injury cut short a what would have been a great career.

tigerman
05-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Etong si Kobe walang kakonte-kontento sa buhay. Panalo na nga sa MVP race gusto pang maging referee kanina. ;D

But seriously, I was kinda surprised with the "lopsided" voting at least as to the margin between Kobe and CP3. I was expecting a close gap between the two. Probably it was due to the latter's poor play in the last 2 regular season games and the fact that the Lakers got the no. 1 seed in the West.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

stonecold316
05-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Etong si Kobe walang kakonte-kontento sa buhay. Panalo na nga sa MVP race gusto pang maging referee kanina.* ;D

But seriously, I was kinda surprised with the "lopsided" voting at least as to the margin between Kobe and CP3. I was expecting a close gap between the two. Probably it was due to the latter's poor play in the last 2 regular season games and the fact that the Lakers got the no. 1 seed in the West.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Tama ka Tigerman. Maski ako nagulat bakit naging run-away winner si Kobe sa MVP voting. Maybe because counted rin ang win-loss record ng team. Anyway, congrats kay Kobe for winning the MVP award.

stonecold316

erichubert
05-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Wag na kayo magtaka, gumana lang ang advertising blitz ng Lakers noong voting period. ;D Seriously, the MVP is really a popularity contest, in the end of the season makikita na ang momentum ng Kobe for MVP movement among the media so the lopsided result wasn't really surprising.

marmand
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Sana naman, the MVP should go to the best player of the team with the best record in the NBA during the regular season. Having the best record says a lot and that the player that guided that team should be considered as MVP. Its just but fair.

erichubert
05-08-2008, 05:19 PM
With that, I think your saying Kevin Garnett should win it this year. I think he had a good season but his injury in the middle of the season did him in. He lost all his momentum and faded out of the MVP discussion. I say the MVP has to be the best player of a contending team, not necessarily the team with the best record. Actually I propose that they add another award- The Best Player of the Year award to be given to the player who was the best period, regardless of team record.

marmand
05-08-2008, 05:25 PM
With that, I think your saying Kevin Garnett should win it this year. I think he had a good season but his injury in the middle of the season did him in. He lost all his momentum and faded out of the MVP discussion. I say the MVP has to be the best player of a contending team, not necessarily the team with the best record. Actually I propose that they add another award- The Best Player of the Year award to be given to the player who was the best period, regardless of team record.

This year yes, if Garnett is the best player of the Celtics then so be it. Good idea on the Best Player Award.

The_Big_Cat
05-08-2008, 08:31 PM
The argument for Kobe's MVP season is that Kobe had better support this season and his team is winning.
Medyo sentimental favorite si Kobe this year because many thought he was the best offensive player in the NBA for the past three years but back then he had poor support compared to this year.

As for Kevin Garnett, he is indeed the glue to the Celtics' success in the regular season. It is no surprise because people expected that Boston would perform well considering they have three all-stars this season. And for Kobe it was a surprise that the Lakers were on top of the West after the regular season plus the mere fact that Kobe even demanded he be traded before the start of the season. It was a surprise for both LA and New Orleans to be on top of the West, that is why we saw both Kobe and CP3 in the top 3 voting of the MVP.

marmand
05-08-2008, 09:05 PM
The argument for Kobe's MVP season is that Kobe had better support this season and his team is winning.
Medyo sentimental favorite si Kobe this year because many thought he was the best offensive player in the NBA for the past three years but back then he had poor support compared to this year.

As for Kevin Garnett, he is indeed the glue to the Celtics' success in the regular season. It is no surprise because people expected that Boston would perform well considering they have three all-stars this season. And for Kobe it was a surprise that the Lakers were on top of the West after the regular season plus the mere fact that Kobe even demanded he be traded before the start of the season. It was a surprise for both LA and New Orleans to be on top of the West, that is why we saw both Kobe and CP3 in the top 3 voting of the MVP.

Thanks to the Memphis Grizzlies. Great trade Memphis :D

The_Big_Cat
05-08-2008, 09:07 PM
^Kawawa naman si Kwame Brown. Dapat sana nasa second round na rin siya. ;D

marmand
05-08-2008, 09:11 PM
^ Malamang if Kwame was still a Laker, Nagbabakasyon na sina Kobe. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-08-2008, 09:46 PM
How ironic that the 2001 Number 1 pick and 2003 Number 2 pick are both on the same team (Memphis).
Brown and Milicic. They never lived up to their expectations. :(

marmand
05-08-2008, 09:53 PM
How ironic that the 2001 Number 1 pick and 2003 Number 2 pick are both on the same team (Memphis).

Shows you a team without direction.

aircanda
05-08-2008, 10:38 PM

maybe they're trying to prove who is the more bust.. ;D

marmand
05-08-2008, 11:27 PM
They should also try to sign Mike Olowakandi. ( spelling? ) Another number 1 pick. ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Rebounds na namannnnnn!!!

MonL
05-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Rebounds na namannnnnn!!!

"No rebounds, no rings." - Pat Riley

(What am I doing, quoting the enemy?) ;D

CM_Punk
05-09-2008, 09:19 AM

maybe they're trying to prove who is the more bust.. ;D

I admit, I bought into the Darko hype back in the 2003 draft, even if I had never seen him play. While I didn't think he should have gone ahead of Carmelo Anthony, I thought he would have been good enough for the #3 pick, ahead of Bosh and Wade. Boy, was I so wrong on that one. After spending time with 3 NBA teams, Darko still hasn't done much in the league, and remains a big waste of potential.

tigerman
05-09-2008, 09:44 AM
LBJ is shooting bricks once again in game 2. I think he's 5 of 21 as of this moment. His outside shooting is still questionable. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Last season against Detroit, he also struggled in the 1st 2 games in Auburn Hills then he came back strong to lead the Cavs to 4 straight wins and a slot in the NBA finals. And that includes that classic game 5 48-point game where he scored something like 23 of the last 24 points of his team.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
05-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Lebron is Lost

8-42 in the first two games in Boston and counting more bricks.

The_Big_Cat
05-09-2008, 09:54 AM
The Boston Celtics takes away game 2 this time with a big margin.

The Celtics struggled in the first quarter. Zydrunas Ilgauskus making the first 4 FGs for the Cavs. Rondo and Perkins were struggling in the first kanto as the Cavs were using Rondo's man to double and most of the time daring Rondo to make jumpers. Come second quarter Cassell and Leon Powe came in to spark and huge rally to give Boston their first lead of the game. Sam Cassell and Leon Powe each scored 9 pts in the first half as Boston had 26 bench points in the first half.

Paul Pierce rebounded from a poor game 1 showing and netted 19 points. Ray Allen was scoreless in game 1 but came alive today scoring 16 points all in the second half.

But the story of the night belongs to the Celtics' defense as they hounded LeBron all night long forcing him to take jumps shots while gobbling him up if he comes to the paint.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Lebron will get his calls on Game 3. He should capitalize.

erichubert
05-09-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't think it is even about him getting his calls, he is just off right now. To shoot 20% and average 9 T.O. is not king-like. The question is: Is Boston's defense that good or is he just on a slump?

tigerman
05-09-2008, 10:02 AM
And he can't even take advantage of some calls going his way. He was like 9 of 13 from the line. Given the leech-like defense of Boston, he should make those freebies.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
05-09-2008, 10:05 AM
^^You have to give credit to the Boston defense. It is tops in the NBA this season.

As far as LeBron's shooting slump he is not that a consistent perimeter shooter. Boston is content LeBron taking jumpers like what San Antonio did last year's NBA Finals.

That is the big difference betwee LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. Kobe is an excellent perimeter shooter than LeBron.

Going back to the Boston-Cleveland series, I would love to see what the Celtics will do in game 3 in Cleveland.

Jeep
05-09-2008, 10:13 AM
game 2 of the cleveland-at-boston series over just a while ago, 73~89.

i didn't get to see the game. maybe those who did can share their insights. the box scorea are telling, though. (click here: http://www.nba.com/games/20080508/CLEBOS/gameinfo.html ). the cavaliers' offense is anchored mainly on lebron (which is not surprising), with wally sczerbiak and the big Z backing him up. boobie gibson was virtually a no-show with just 2 points.

on the other hand, the scoring distribution for the celtics is more even (and ray allen came to play tonight). sam cassell's numbers also helped boost bench scoring for the celtics.

if the cavs hope to be able to just hitch their wagon on lebron's star, this is going to be a tough series for them. hopefully, as the series goes to cleveland, they will be able to bounce back. a 2~0 card in a best-of-7 is nothing much as yet, and anything can happen. boston has to win at least one game on the road to be able to put the dagger into the cavs, but they haven't won any road games since the playoffs started. doc rivers and his crew hope they will be able to change all that.

marmand
05-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Its really hard to win at Boston. The Celtics are good but at their court they are better. To think they have the home court advantage until the Finals. >:(

marmand
05-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Lebron will get his calls on Game 3. He should capitalize.

and do what he did last year. Will the team to win 4 straight games.

The_Big_Cat
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
The Cavs are just happy that they are going home for games 3 & 4. Hoping they would find their form back.

As for Boston, this would be the telling point: Can they win on the road as they have dominated on their home floor?
I think they can. Boston will be happy with LeBron James shooting jumpers and having the Cavs' support crew scoring instead of LeBron.

Dark Knight
05-09-2008, 11:20 AM
EAST

Pistons vs Celtics

Celtics in 6

WEST

LaLakeros vs Hornets

Hornets in 6

note: bawal akong i quote ;D :D

erichubert
05-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Celtics and Hornets look good in their series, Lebron can come back, but these Celtics are better than last year's Pistons, mahirapan na ang Cavs.

The_Big_Cat
05-09-2008, 11:28 AM
The Hornets are leading over the Spurs in San Antonio midway in the third quarter.
New Orleans is playing exceptional playoff basketball so far together with the Lakers.

marmand
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Celtics and Hornets look good in their series, Lebron can come back, but these Celtics are better than last year's Pistons, mahirapan na ang Cavs.

Can the Cavs win at Boston? Winning at home ( at the Cavs ) is very likely.

marmand
05-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Hornets are looking good but If it remains a close game, the Spurs have the advantage.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-09-2008, 11:59 AM
It helps that NOH is 2-10 from the 3 point line.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-09-2008, 12:04 PM
SAS is pulling away. I say 2-1 na ito.

marmand
05-09-2008, 12:05 PM
The experience and depth of the Spurs are coming into play.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-09-2008, 12:08 PM
^ Sinabi ko na din yan nung nanalo ang Dallas nung game 3 nila vs the Hornets.

Come game 4, nilamon ko lahat ng sinabi ko. ;D

coreytaylor
05-09-2008, 12:10 PM
grbe ang dami nang nangyari na di ko naabutan..d kc ako nkapag-internet kahapon! anyway, i hate kobe & the lakers pa rin! nyahahaha!

marmand
05-09-2008, 12:16 PM
^ Sinabi ko na din yan nung nanalo ang Dallas nung game 3 nila vs the Hornets.

Come game 4, nilamon ko lahat ng sinabi ko. ;D

Defending champs pa rin ang Spurs. Compared to the Mavs, they have the talent to make a come back. Hornets are good but as I said they have to win one in San Antonio or else momentum could shift. Abangan ang susunod na kabanata. ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-09-2008, 12:20 PM
grbe ang dami nang nangyari na di ko naabutan..d kc ako nkapag-internet kahapon! anyway, i hate kobe & the lakers pa rin! nyahahaha!

Oo nga e. Halos pareho na kami ng sig ni Dark Knight. Celtics nga lang yun sa kanya. Hihihihihi! ;D

coreytaylor
05-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Common guys, this is becoming a Lakers vs Celtics thread.* ;D

Ok, by my count, there are 4 die hardLakers fans here

flsfnoeraekadad
erichubert
The Big Cat
aircandia

and 4 anti Lakers

yours truly
coreytaylor
jayverns
marmand

undecided

cub - self confessed Kobe hater but believe Lakers will win the title

This is going to be a lot of fun. No serious tirades. Were all peaceful persons here* ???. But im warning you, If Lakers win the title, gas prices will reach 120 pesos per liter. Rice prices will skyrocket to 229.80 per kilo.* :P :D

pareng dark knight, diba kobe hater ka rin? ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-09-2008, 01:18 PM
I think the key for the New Orleans Hornets is holding down/limiting the big three (Parker, Ginobili, Duncan) pointwise.
In game 2 the big three were only 49 pts but tonight they were above 70pts.

Chris Paul was fabulous again with 35 pts and 9 assists. Another adjustment made by Greg Popovich was that he started Ginobili today and put Finley on the bench and it worked for the Spurs. New Orleans was outscoring San Antonio in both games 1 & 2 so they needed scoring right in the beginning and Ginobili was their guy tonight.

I am for the Hornets in this series. :)

coreytaylor
05-09-2008, 01:28 PM
im with the spurs all the way, pero if they will lose in game 4, then they should kiss their hopes of going to the championship again goodbye!* ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-09-2008, 01:42 PM
If the Spurs do bow out early, I think they should start shopping for new players considering they are one of the oldest teams in the NBA together with Boston.

Horry, Barry, Thomas, Bowen, Oberto and Stoudemire are all above 30 years. Oberto, Stoudemire and Bowen are still serviceable. While Horry, Barry and Thomas are really way past their prime. Vaughn has not proven to be a good back up. And Tim Duncan has not been the same player he was when he won the 2002 & 2003 NBA MVP.

The Spurs will be expecting next season the entry of their 2007 Draft pick, 22 yearold 7-foot Brazilian Tiago Spliter who has still an existing contract with Barcelona in Europe. He will be a good addition next season for the Spurs.

erichubert
05-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Every home team has won so far in the semi-finals. Every one is just holding serve, let's see tom if Utah can do the same. Remember they have the best home court record in the regular season, but they also lost game 3 at home against Houston. It would be an interesting game.

Paul is just toying with the Spurs in their series, naubusan lang nung huli, game 4 would be closer, I think New Orleans would win.

erichubert
05-09-2008, 02:00 PM
If the Spurs do bow out early, I think they should start shopping for new players considering they are one of the oldest teams in the NBA together with Boston.

Horry, Barry, Thomas, Bowen, Oberto and Stoudemire are all above 30 years. Oberto, Stoudemire and Bowen are still serviceable. While Horry, Barry and Thomas are really way past their prime. Vaughn has not proven to be a good back up. And Tim Duncan has not been the same player he was when he won the 2002 & 2003 NBA MVP.

The Spurs will be expecting next season the entry of their 2007 Draft pick, 22 yearold 7-foot Brazilian Tiago Spliter who has still an existing contract with Barcelona in Europe. He will be a good addition next season for the Spurs.

They also have Ian Mahinmi coming up, he was their first round pick 2 years ago, he played mostly in the NBDL this season and was very impressive. In fact, he is regarded as the best big man prospect in the NBDL where his team won the championship. I think the Spurs know whether they win the championship or not that changes need to be made, the Hornets and Lakers have closed the gap or even overtaken them so expect changes.

The_Big_Cat
05-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Paul is just toying with the Spurs in their series, naubusan lang nung huli, game 4 would be closer, I think New Orleans would win.

Huli na ipinasok ni Byron Scott sila Peja Stojakovic and Morris Peterson in the 4th qtr. Scott sent them back in middle of the 4th quarter when the Spurs already had a 10 pt lead. Before that 10 point lead, both teams were toe-to-toe exchanging baskets until the Hornets ran out of arsenal.

coreytaylor
05-09-2008, 02:04 PM

tim duncan and manu ginobili are also in their 30s, as well as finley. horry will retire after this season and barry may retire too. regarding tiago, i dont think he will play right away with the spurs. consider him as a project for now. if he gets a crack at the spurs line-up next season, then expect him to play at the d-league most of the season. good example is ian mahinmi. and speaking of mahinmi, i think he is more ready for next year. a 7footer, strong and athletic.

bruce bowen may still be worthy but i think udoka will replace him in the sf spot. i think coach popovich is still training udoka and time will tell when he'll replace bowen.* *

tigerman
05-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Ang lupit ni CP3 especially that layup he made after faking a lob pass to Chandler. Pati ako napeke! ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
05-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Man, Ariza is still not ready. Hope the second-opinion doctor clears him for next week. What's wrong with the medical staff? :o

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-utah-season-2038021-team-games

The_Big_Cat
05-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Ang lupit ni CP3 especially that layup he made after faking a lob pass to Chandler. Pati ako napeke! ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Yes. This has to be the play of the day. :)

erichubert
05-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Man, Ariza is still not ready. Hope the second-opinion doctor clears him for next week. What's wrong with the medical staff? :o

I have always felt that the medical staff of the Lakers are one of the worst in the league. Every year you see players getting misdiagnosed and simple sprain ankles turn worse. Chris Mihm is a good example. I envy Phoenix, despite their penny-pinching roster moves, they still have one of the best medical team in the league. Look at Grant Hill and Shaq, since they got to Phoenix, they were able to play better because they were given better treatments.

bchoter
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Common guys, this is becoming a Lakers vs Celtics thread.* ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
erichubert
The Big Cat
aircandia

and 4 anti Lakers

yours truly
coreytaylor
jayverns
marmand

undecided

This is going to be a lot of fun. No serious tirades. Were all peaceful persons here* ???. But im warning you, If Lakers win the title, gas prices will reach 120 pesos per liter. Rice prices will skyrocket to 229.80 per kilo.* :P :D

pareng dark knight, diba kobe hater ka rin?* ;D
OO!. Ay Dark lang pala ako at hindi Knight. Pero hater pa rin.

marmand
05-09-2008, 04:19 PM

They should have checked it very well before trading for him. He had that foot injury since/before his Magic days.

marmand
05-09-2008, 04:25 PM

I have always felt that the medical staff of the Lakers are one of the worst in the league. Every year you see players getting misdiagnosed and simple sprain ankles turn worse. Chris Mihm is a good example. I envy Phoenix, despite their penny-pinching roster moves, they still have one of the best medical team in the league. Look at Grant Hill and Shaq, since they got to Phoenix, they were able to play better because they were given better treatments.

Yes, one of the worst together with the Rocket's medical staff. >:(

erichubert
05-09-2008, 04:29 PM
The Lakers knew about Ariza's foot problems, I think they still went on with the deal because they felt his upside was high and because of salary cap constraints. Cook and Evans were really made dispensable with Vujacic and Radmanovic's emergence this year.

marmand
05-09-2008, 04:41 PM
2007-08 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM
Position Player, Team (1st Team Votes) Points
Forward Kevin Garnett, Boston (118) 612
Forward LeBron James, Cleveland (117) 610
Center Dwight Howard, Orlando (86) 546
Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (127) 635
Guard Chris Paul, New Orleans (124) 629

2007-08 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM
Forward Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas (1) 189
Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio (25) 397
Center Amaré Stoudemire, Phoenix (30) 412
Guard Steve Nash, Phoenix (2) 311
Guard Deron Williams, Utah 228

2007-08 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM
Forward Carlos Boozer, Utah 174
Forward Paul Pierce, Boston (2) 151
Center Yao Ming, Houston (2) 71
Guard Tracy McGrady, Houston (1) 137
Guard Manu Ginobili, San Antonio 123

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first team votes in parentheses): Allen Iverson, Denver, 116; Carmelo Anthony, Denver, 89; Marcus Camby, Denver, 59; Chauncey Billups, Detroit, 38; Baron Davis, Golden State, 32; David West, New Orleans, 24; Rasheed Wallace, Detroit, 22; Tyson Chandler, New Orleans, 18; Antawn Jamison, Washington, 15; Al Jefferson, Minnesota, 14; Chris Bosh, Toronto, 11; Joe Johnson, Atlanta 8; Andre Miller, Philadelphia, 7; Caron Butler, Washington, 5; Shaquille O'Neal, Phoenix, 5; Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers, 5; Kevin Martin, Sacramento, 4; Ray Allen, Boston, 4; Hedo Turkoglu, Orlando, 3; Jason Kidd, Dallas, 2; Josh Howard, Dallas, 2; Richard Hamilton, Detroit, 2; Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia, 1; Brandon Roy, Portland, 1; Michael Redd, Milwaukee, 1; Tayshaun Prince, Detroit, 1; Tony Parker, San Antonio, 1.

Mcgrady and/or Ginobili should have been in the 2nd team.

cub
05-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Common guys, this is becoming a Lakers vs Celtics thread. ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
erichubert
The Big Cat
aircandia

and 4 anti Lakers

yours truly
coreytaylor
jayverns
marmand

undecided

This is going to be a lot of fun. No serious tirades. Were all peaceful persons here ???. But im warning you, If Lakers win the title, gas prices will reach 120 pesos per liter. Rice prices will skyrocket to 229.80 per kilo. :P :D

nope. let me make things straight. yes i do hate Kobe but i don't believe that they will win the title. like what i've posted days ago, Lakers will beat Utah but will fall to the SPURS in the conference finals.

tigerman
05-10-2008, 09:12 AM
To those who are wondering what happened to Ben Wallace during game 2:

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) -- Cavaliers starting forward Ben Wallace is doubtful for Game 3 of Cleveland's playoff series against the Boston Celtics because of allergies and a left inner ear infection.

Wallace started but played less than four minutes in Thursday night's game before he became dizzy and asked to come out. He staggered to the bench and had to be assisted by his teammates before the Cavs' training staff stepped in.

Wallace underwent a series of tests at the Cleveland Clinic on Friday. The team said the defensive stopper could be upgraded but it was "best case, 50-50'' that Wallace would play Saturday in Game 3.

Cavs coach Mike Brown said if Wallace can't go, Anderson Varejao would likely start up front alongside LeBron James and Zydrunas Ilgauskas as Cleveland tries to climb back from an 0-2 deficit in the best-of-seven series.

Wallace joined the Cavaliers in a trade from Chicago in February. He missed several regular-season games because of back spasms.

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/wallacedoubtful_080509.html

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
05-10-2008, 10:25 AM

Just like what I predicted after the regular season.
:)

marmand
05-10-2008, 11:19 AM

Just like what I predicted after the regular season.

If Yao did not go down with an injury, do you think he should have been in this list? Slide Howard to PF.

marmand
05-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Boozer is on fire. He is killing the Lakers. :o

erichubert
05-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Home teams continue their winning ways. Boozer played much better, he outplayed Gasol today. More than his points, the 20 rebs were the bigger stats for him. LA really needs to improve on their rebounding.

Raging Blue
05-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Jazz over the Lakers 104-99

flsfnoeraekadad
05-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Lakers lose a winnable one. The endgame mistakes just killed the chances.

The_Big_Cat
05-10-2008, 12:39 PM
If Yao did not go down with an injury, do you think he should have been in this list? Slide Howard to PF.

I am a Yao Ming fan. If he got healthy before the All-Star weekend, we would probably see Yao in the center spot in the first team and Dwight could have been in the second team. There are no other dominating centers in the NBA beside Yao and Howard today.

The_Big_Cat
05-10-2008, 12:41 PM

Yeah I agree. Butter fingers for Luke Walton and Pau Gasol.

marmand
05-10-2008, 01:07 PM

I am a Yao Ming fan. If he got healthy before the All-Star weekend, we would probably see Yao in the center spot in the first team and Dwight could have been in the second team. There are no other dominating centers in the NBA beside Yao and Howard today.

Howard could have stayed in the first team. Its KG that would go to the second team.

The_Big_Cat
05-10-2008, 01:13 PM
^Ang position kasi ni Howard is Center while Kevin Garnett is a power forward.
These are what KG and Howard have submitted to the NBA in regards to their position in the playing court.

marmand
05-10-2008, 01:14 PM

Yeah I agree. Butter fingers for Luke Walton and Pau Gasol.

Breaks of the game. Even Kobe had a few turnovers in the last 2 minutes. He was forcing his shots. Yung iba parang tinatapon na lang like the 3 pt shot. ( nothing but glass )

The_Big_Cat
05-10-2008, 01:16 PM
^It was a close game compared to games 1 & 2 at the Staples Center.
The important thing for Utah is they won at their home floor.

marmand
05-10-2008, 01:22 PM
^Ang position kasi ni Howard is Center while Kevin Garnett is a power forward.
These are what KG and Howard have submitted to the NBA in regards to their position in the playing court.

Howard can play the 4. Remember the Duncan issue during the All-Star balloting. Center daw si Dunacn tapos nilipat sa PF because they knew Yao will get that spot. The All-NBA teams should have players possibly playing two positions because it would be so unfair if one has to go against Yao in voting. Howard had a more impact season compared to KG.

marmand
05-10-2008, 01:23 PM
^It was a close game compared to games 1 & 2 at the Staples Center.
The important thing for Utah is they won at their home floor.

Can Utah win in Staples?

The_Big_Cat
05-10-2008, 01:25 PM
^^Yes I remember the Duncan issue. Tim Duncan listed himself as power forward/center. Kaya medyo bias ang pagka pili kay Duncan. Amare Stoudemire listed himself as center.

The_Big_Cat
05-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Can Utah win in Staples?

Yes. I think Utah can steal one in LA.
Pero kitang kita mo yung nagawa ng Gasol trade for the Lakers. Another arsenal in their offense.

marmand
05-10-2008, 01:32 PM
^^Yes I remember the Duncan issue. Tim Duncan listed himself as power forward/center. Kaya medyo bias ang pagka pili kay Duncan. Amare Stoudemire listed himself as center.

Just get players who did well base on possible two positions that they play.

marmand
05-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Can Utah win in Staples?

Yes. I think Utah can steal one in LA.
Pero kitang kita mo yung nagawa ng Gasol trade for the Lakers. Another arsenal in their offense.

Regalo ng NBA at Memphis Gizzlies. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-10-2008, 03:40 PM

And the Lakers are utilizing that one-sided trade to their advantage.
Buti nga wala na si Jerry West sa Memphis at baka si Rudy Gay isama pa. ;D

coreytaylor
05-10-2008, 04:48 PM
no question the la lakers benefited a lot from the gasol trade. guys, come to think of it, if only memphis learned to be patient and didn't trade their core of players 3 or 4 years back (posey,williams,watson,battier,gasol,swift), they should have been a very strong team by now. ang kulang lang siguro nila noun ay playoff experience and maturity. tapos, malas din sila kasi puro malalakas na team nakakalaban nila in the 1st rd. kaya sila na-eliminate agad. do you think it was a bad idea that they traded their core of players to add veterans to the team (jones, stoudamire,etc)?

The_Big_Cat
05-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Sadly, the Memphis Grizzlies are looking for new ownership.

marmand
05-10-2008, 09:02 PM

And the Lakers are utilizing that one-sided trade to their advantage.
Buti nga wala na si Jerry West sa Memphis at baka si Rudy Gay isama pa. ;D

Mike Miller pa kamo.

marmand
05-10-2008, 09:04 PM
no question the la lakers benefited a lot from the gasol trade. guys, come to think of it, if only memphis learned to be patient and didn't trade their core of players 3 or 4 years back (posey,williams,watson,battier,gasol,swift), they should have been a very strong team by now. ang kulang lang siguro nila noun ay playoff experience and maturity. tapos, malas din sila kasi puro malalakas na team nakakalaban nila in the 1st rd. kaya sila na-eliminate agad. do you think it was a bad idea that they traded their core of players to add veterans to the team (jones, stoudamire,etc)?

They indeed had a strong team but they started to get cheap on their players.

marmand
05-10-2008, 09:06 PM

The Sonics should have stayed in Seattle and the Grizzlies franchise should have been the one on the move.

Dark Knight
05-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Wooh...ive been out for a while. Just came from Utah to support the jazz. Turned out to be a good move as the MIGHTY LAKERS lost.* ;D

Ok, its not true.

Coreytaylor. Yes, im an anti Bryant too. He should go to college to study B.S. Humblelism major in Passing Ball to Teammates.* :D

Bchoter, Thanks mam for symphatizing. Wait, you are dark?

flsfnoertoungetwistersomething, thanks for inspiring my sig.* ;)

cub, thanks for the clarification, i might have misread your post. :)

If Boston win tomorrow, they will be the only team without a loss in the 2nd round. Hahaha, how fate turns without notice.* :D Hmmm, ive spoken too soon. Damn!

tigerman
05-11-2008, 08:04 AM
The Billups-less Pistons won over the Magic 90-89.

Orlando had a chance to steal the game but Hedo's terrible decision-making in the last possession sealed their fate. Hedo should have attacked the basket once he got the inbound pass. Instead he wasted about 3 seconds before attempting a shot. Otherwise, there could have been enough time for them to foul and have another chance.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
05-11-2008, 09:38 AM

The Sonics should have stayed in Seattle and the Grizzlies franchise should have been the one on the move.

The Grizzlies never should have moved out of Vancouver after only 6 years, and been more determined to look for new Canadian owners. While Vancouver isn't as big a city compared to Toronto, if they had only put out a stable, competent and winning product, I'm sure the fans and sponsors would have been able to soundly support the franchise. Now, they are suffering the same problems in Memphis :(

marmand
05-11-2008, 09:52 AM

The Grizzlies never should have moved out of Vancouver after only 6 years, and been more determined to look for new Canadian owners. While Vancouver isn't as big a city compared to Toronto, if they had only put out a stable, competent and winning product, I'm sure the fans and sponsors would have been able to soundly support the franchise. Now, they are suffering the same problems in Memphis :(

Move the franchise to Las Vegas. During the All-Star game last year, the idea of having a NBA team was discussed in Las Vegas.

erichubert
05-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Wooh...ive been out for a while. Just came from Utah to support the jazz. Turned out to be a good move as the MIGHTY LAKERS lost.* ;D

Ok, its not true.

Coreytaylor. Yes, im an anti Bryant too. He should go to college to study B.S. Humblelism major in Passing Ball to Teammates.* :D

Bchoter, Thanks mam for symphatizing. Wait, you are dark?

flsfnoertoungetwistersomething, thanks for inspiring my sig.* ;)

cub, thanks for the clarification, i might have misread your post.* :)

If Boston win tomorrow, they will be the only team without a loss in the 2nd round. Hahaha, how fate turns without notice.* :D Hmmm, ive spoken too soon. Damn!

Yes indeed you have spoken too soon. What's up with Boston and road games anyway? Lebron is extemely lucky to be winning game 3, he continued to struggle and they still won, and routed Boston at that, he better wake up if he wants to get to the next round.

coreytaylor
05-11-2008, 04:23 PM

The Grizzlies never should have moved out of Vancouver after only 6 years, and been more determined to look for new Canadian owners. While Vancouver isn't as big a city compared to Toronto, if they had only put out a stable, competent and winning product, I'm sure the fans and sponsors would have been able to soundly support the franchise. Now, they are suffering the same problems in Memphis* :(

Move the franchise to Las Vegas. During the All-Star game last year, the idea of having a NBA team was discussed in Las Vegas.

And if this happens, they should call the team the Las Vegas Gamblers! ;D

coreytaylor
05-11-2008, 04:35 PM
hehe sabi ko na nga ba eh, someday toronto will have a dilemma on which pg to keep... either calderon or ford... pero para sa akin, they should stick with calderon. they should trade tj ford for a solid SF player who can score and defend well - which i think they lack in their starting 5. no offense j. moon fans.

tigerman
05-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Lebron should thank his supporting cast for a job well done earlier.* ;D Without them, the Celtics would have been 3-0 now.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

marmand
05-11-2008, 07:07 PM
hehe sabi ko na nga ba eh, someday toronto will have a dilemma on which pg to keep... either calderon or ford... pero para sa akin, they should stick with calderon. they should trade tj ford for a solid SF player who can score and defend well - which i think they lack in their starting 5. no offense j. moon fans.

Ford is injury prone and Calderon is still going to peak. Agree with you in trading Ford and getting a guy like Scola to help Bosh inside.

marmand
05-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Lebron should thank his supporting cast for a job well done earlier. ;D Without them, the Celtics would have been 3-0 now.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The question now is can the Cavs beat Boston at Boston?

The_Big_Cat
05-12-2008, 07:43 AM
The Utah Jazz just equalized their series with LA 2-2.

Kobe Bryant hurt his back and it obviously hampered his mobility as he was able to manage only a field goal both in 4th quarter and overtime.

Jazz was up ahead late in the fourth quarter by 12 when Fisher and Odom hit three's to help force overtime.
This would be a big deal in the series: Kobe now saddled with a back injury, how will it affect LA's hopes?

Dark Knight
05-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Will Kobe play in Game 5? (cross finger that he will not) ;D

erichubert
05-12-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't think any injury would force him to miss any game this playoffs, the question is how the injury would affect his game right now. Actually, he had the injury from the start of the first quarter onwards, its back spasms and this things are hard because you could only treat it but it is not sure it would go away. Good thing also they have a 2 day rest before game 5.

marmand
05-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Will Kobe play in Game 5? (cross finger that he will not) ;D

Chances are He will. >:(

marmand
05-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Here comes the Spurs. Up 24 in the 3rd. Do not give the Spurs momentum or else this would end by game 6.

The_Big_Cat
05-12-2008, 10:41 AM
The Hornets are taking a beating in game 4. By far, their worst game of the playoffs.
Thier inexperienced kinda showed in this game but they still hold the home floor advantage.
I think that home floor edge would be enough to beat San Antonio even if goes 7 games.

For the Lakers, I am pretty confident they can still come out that series on top. Even though with the Kobe injury, they have a lot of weapons there at LA and the Lakers still hold home court advantage.

Now with that Kobe injury, I think the Western Conference Champions would now come from the
New Orleans vs. San Antonio series???

marmand
05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
The Hornets are taking a beating in game 4. By far, their worst game of the playoffs.
Thier inexperienced kinda showed in this game but they still hold the home floor advantage.
I think that home floor edge would be enough to beat San Antonio even if goes 7 games.
[/b]
For the Lakers, I am pretty confident they can still come out that series on top. Even though with the Kobe injury, they have a lot of weapons there at LA and the Lakers still hold home court advantage.

Now with that Kobe injury, I think the Western Conference Champions would now come from the
New Orleans vs. San Antonio series???

Yes, the strong points of the Spurs are taking place. Experience and Depth. Winning one in San Antonio was a MUST for the Hornets, the play of the Spurs will carry them to a victory in New Orleans in either game 5 or game 7. If the Spurs win game 5, they will finish it in game 6. If the Hornets win game 5, I still pick the Spurs to win it in game 7.

The_Big_Cat
05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
So far, the Detroit Pistons are the only team to win on the road in this second round of the playoffs.

CM_Punk
05-12-2008, 05:40 PM

I also think that Jose Calderon is the more steady and cerebral PG of the two. Jose should renew his contract with the Toronto Raptors, and become their fulltime starter. Calderon is one of the leaders of the Spanish national team, and has made an impact in all the leagues and tournaments that he's played in, such as the FIBA World Championships, the Euroleague, and now the NBA. I look forward to seeing him lead the Spanish squad in the Olympics this year.

The_Big_Cat
05-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I also think that Jose Calderon is the more steady and cerebral PG of the two. Jose should renew his contract with the Toronto Raptors, and become their fulltime starter. Calderon is one of the leaders of the Spanish national team, and has made an impact in all the leagues and tournaments that he's played in, such as the FIBA World Championships, the Euroleague, and now the NBA. I look forward to seeing him lead the Spanish squad in the Olympics this year.

When TJ Ford got injured Calderon took over as the Raptors starting PG but when Ford returned Calderon was back in the reliever's role. Its safe to say that Sam Mitchell's starting PG is TJ Ford.

If Calderon's contract is up for grabs, he may look somewhere else. Perhaps a reunion with Spanish teammate Pau Gasol? Remember, Derek Fisher is not young anymore and Jose Calderon fits the description of Phil Jackson point guards of the past.

CM_Punk
05-12-2008, 06:52 PM
^ As long as TJ Ford is around, then there would be a problem on who starts. But, Calderon is a restricted free agent, and I read that GM Bryan Colangelo intends to match whatever contract offer he gets this summer. Jorge Garbajosa is also in Toronto, so it's not like Calderon doesn't have a Spanish friend with him on his current team. Of course, if Jose signs a new contract with the Raptors, then TJ Ford becomes trade bait, as long as he doesn't injure his neck or spine again next season.

BigBlue
05-12-2008, 07:12 PM
TJ Ford is an NBA feel-good success story, so it's not easy for the Raptors to let him go just like that. But with Calderon playing so well, medyo pressured to choose ang Raptors to choose between the two.

marmand
05-12-2008, 09:27 PM
So far, the Detroit Pistons are the only team to win on the road in this second round of the playoffs.

The Celtics might accomplish that in game 4. ;D

King_stag
05-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Billups will probably rest in game 5. But if Orlando wins that game it's a no brainer that he will play in 6th game in orlando. Strength and conditioning coach Arnie Kander gave billups the green light but the coaching staff opted to rest him. Wise choice, he need those legs in the eastern conference finals.

stonecold316
05-13-2008, 10:07 AM
LA is not just about Kobe Bryant. Kahit hindi siya maglaro I do think LA still has a chance to win its series against Utah. Malakas ang faith ko sa Lakers.

Andyan naman si Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher. etc. May laban pa rin sila.

stonecold316

marmand
05-13-2008, 10:20 AM
LA is not just about Kobe Bryant. Kahit hindi siya maglaro I do think LA still has a chance to win its series against Utah. Malakas ang faith ko sa Lakers.

Andyan naman si Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher. etc. May laban pa rin sila.

stonecold316

They still have the advantage having the home court advantage. Lets face it, the Lakers will only go as far as Kobe carries them.

tigerman
05-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Robert "I am Legend" Horry is a game away from breaking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's record for the most no. of playoff games played. Grabe tanda mo na! ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
05-13-2008, 10:36 AM
The NBA-All defensive team

http://www.nba.com/news/defensive_team_080512.html

First team
KG, Kobe, Camby, Bowen and Timmy D.

Second team
CP3, Bell, Prince, Battier, Dwight

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
05-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Boston's road woes continue. The series is now tied at 2-2.
It's now up to them to protect their homecourt. A must-win for them no doubt or else we might see a repeat of last year's East finals.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
05-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Everybody is talking about Boston-LA, well right now, they have to come up with big games on game 5 to keep that dream alive.

East playoff games are really something else; it is much more physical and defensive. I think for a while there, both teams were concentrating on defense so much that they forgot how to score :D

coreytaylor
05-13-2008, 11:26 AM
ang saya ko siguro kung makaka-isa ang utah at cleveland in game 5 on the road ;D

erichubert
05-13-2008, 11:51 AM
This has been the play-offs of home dominance, I don't think this has happened before where road wins have become so few and far in between. Hope that trend continues.

Anybody saw the incident with Lebron's mom? That was funny, Lebron telling his mom to sit his butt down! Happy Mother's Day to her ;D

marmand
05-13-2008, 12:16 PM
ang saya ko siguro kung makaka-isa ang utah at cleveland in game 5 on the road ;D

Malamang, Utah. ;D

joelex
05-13-2008, 12:39 PM
East playoff games are really something else; it is much more physical and defensive. I think for a while there, both teams were concentrating on defense so much that they forgot how to score* :D

contrary to popular belief that high scoring, no defense games are exciting, I actually enjoy these defensive struggles and physical play, we are treated to more intense games. Who wants to see games decided by free throw shooting contests due to touch fouls. These kind of games suit Lebron James well, he really likes to draw contact and finish strong to the hoop unlike say TMAC or VC who is content on shooting from the outside.

erichubert
05-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes that is true, this is reminiscent of the New York-Miami series before, those were great play-off match-ups. With Lebron though, he has become a jumpshooter because of Boston's defense, aside from that final dunk, he has not been able to drive to the hoop and score. The question is why are they still in this series?

King_stag
05-13-2008, 06:04 PM
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *"Mom, Sit Down!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-Lebron James* *;D

Dark Knight
05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Boston will set an NBA record by winning the title by losing all road games. ;D

The best team on the road (36-10) seems lost. One stumble in the Garden and they are finished. :D

cub
05-13-2008, 07:10 PM
ML, it seems we two are the only Phoenix fans here. mukang sinasama ni D' Antoni si Nash sa Knicks ah. o kaya naman daw si Diaw and Barbosa. tsk tsk tsk.

cub
05-13-2008, 07:14 PM
double post

bluegirl
05-13-2008, 11:57 PM
phoenix fan here as well. :)

parang hindi bagay kay steve nash ang knicks na jersey. :-X

joelex
05-14-2008, 03:12 AM
as long as the Celts win all their home games, they couldnt care less about losing all their roadies; theyll still be the 07-08 NBA champs. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Another fourth quarter collapse by the Orlando as they were eliminated by Billups-less Detroit Pistons.
Same story in Game 4, where the Magic cannot simply finish the game off. You could see that their inexperience showed in this series.

Tayshaun Prince blocked a potential game-tying lay-up by Hedo Turkoglu. That block, I guess, cemented Prince's selection to the NBA Defensive team. This clincher will give more ample time for Billups' injury to heal.

marmand
05-14-2008, 10:50 AM
5 and done for the Magic. This would give the Pistons the much needed rest. The Celtics vs. Cavs looks like it will go the distance.

The_Big_Cat
05-14-2008, 12:26 PM
The New Orleans Hornets beat the San Antonio Spurs in Game 5 to take a 3-2 lead. Once again the Hornets did it in convincing fashion on their home floor.

David West was phenomenal today scoring a playoff career-high 38 points and grabbing 14 rebounds. Chris Paul woke up in the third quarter to help New Orleans to come from the first half deficit.

The Spurs, like the veteran Boston, is struggling to win on the road against a young and upstart New Orleans.
The Hornets' home court advantage will be enough to beat the Spurs.
It looks good for New Orleans.

erichubert
05-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Are there more underrated players than Rip Hamilton and David West? They were superb today specially David West outplaying Duncan despite suffering a back injury late in the game. I think West is one of the better power forwards in the game today.

The_Big_Cat
05-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Are there more underrated players than Rip Hamilton and David West? They were superb today specially David West outplaying Duncan despite suffering a back injury late in the game. I think West is one of the better power forwards in the game today.

I think David West is not underrated anymore. He is now an All-Star.
David West's built remind me of a young Derrick Coleman. Parehong parehon ang katawan nila, excellent low-post moves at yung explosiveness nila in offense. Perhaps, a re-incarnation of the young Coleman?

King_stag
05-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Rodney Stuckey played inspired ball after being named to the 2nd all-rookie team. He contributed 15 points, 6 assist, and 2 steals.

marmand
05-14-2008, 01:05 PM
The Spurs will win game 6. The problem is that they have to go to New Orleans for game 7. The difference in play at home compared to the road is very glaring for the Spurs.

tigerman
05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
With Lebron though, he has become a jumpshooter because of Boston's defense, aside from that final dunk, he has not been able to drive to the hoop and score.

Actually in game 4 I saw him being more assertive as far as penetrating to the basket is concerned. Most of his fgs if I'm not mistaken were from the paint while his shooting touch from the perimeter has yet to appear.

The question is why are they still in this series?

Cleveland's defense and the fact that only KG has shown up. Allen had some moments in game 4 while Pierce continues to struggle.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

joelex
05-14-2008, 01:16 PM
while KG was the lone bright spot for Boston, he was questionably benched the first five and a half minutes of the 4th where they could have made a strong final push. inside were seldom used big baby and pj brown.

marmand
05-14-2008, 01:32 PM
^ The weakest link in the Celtics is the COACH.

tigerman
05-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Rodney Stuckey played inspired ball after being named to the 2nd all-rookie team. He contributed 15 points, 6 assist, and 2 steals.

And the irony of him playing well earlier vs. Orlando

Detroit selected the sturdy point guard with the 15th pick -- acquired from Orlando for Darko Milicic -- and he was good enough during an injury-stunted regular season to be named to the All-Rookie second team.
http://www.nba.com/games/20080513/ORLDET/recap.html

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

King_stag
05-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Detroit set an NBA record for the fewest Turnovers in a playoff game (3). Detroit eliminated orlando in game 5 with team effort, they managed to win even if missed 64% of their shots. Rip Hamilton led the team in scoring with 31 points. Antonio McDyess who is playing through grief after learning of his grandmother's death contributed 17 points and 11 rebounds. Tayshaun Prince made a key block on turkoglu's dunk attempt that could have turned the game around.

erichubert
05-14-2008, 03:10 PM

David West's built remind me of a young Derrick Coleman. Parehong parehon ang katawan nila, excellent low-post moves at yung explosiveness nila in offense. Perhaps, a re-incarnation of the young Coleman?

Although West is an all-star, I don't think people still give him credit for what he has done, Chris Paul has gotten all the attention, but West is as integral as Paul. You don't hear his name often when the discussion is about the best power forwards in the league.

I like the comparison with Coleman hopefully sans the attitude and lack of discipline, he can go places if he keeps his head straight. Coleman also had his Kenny Anderson then but they didn't last long because of attitude problems. Paul and West have a bright future ahead in NO.

Kid Cubao
05-14-2008, 03:22 PM
ang tingin ko naman, david west is built along the lines of former bull and laker orlando woolridge. same physique, athleticism, inside strength, and medium range accuracy. plus they're both righties, while derrick coleman is a southpaw.

The_Big_Cat
05-14-2008, 04:09 PM

Kaya nga hindi naging coach of the year yan. ;D
The Cavs on defense are using Rondo's man to double down in the paint leaving him to take jumpers which is Rondo's waterloo. I would like to see Eddie House more often in this series.

LeBron James averages 32 ppg and 9 rpg in the regular season. Against the Celtics, he is averages 21ppg and 7rpg. Medyo moral victory yan for Boston but their problem in their two road loses in Cleveland is their offense. In the 4th qtr game 4, Boston shot only 4 FGs in the first 11 minutes. I think Pierce's defense on LeBron is taking away Paul's offense. Paul Pierce in the regular season averages 19 ppg but against the Cavs this series only 11ppg. Kevin Garnett went scoreless in the 4th qtr in game 4.

Boston's problem is their 4th quarter offense.

marmand
05-14-2008, 04:34 PM

Kaya nga hindi naging coach of the year yan. ;D
The Cavs on defense are using Rondo's man to double down in the paint leaving him to take jumpers which is Rondo's waterloo. I would like to see Eddie House more often in this series.

LeBron James averages 32 ppg and 9 rpg in the regular season. Against the Celtics, he is averages 21ppg and 7rpg. Medyo moral victory yan for Boston but their problem in their two road loses in Cleveland is their offense. In the 4th qtr game 4, Boston shot only 4 FGs in the first 11 minutes. I think Pierce's defense on LeBron is taking away Paul's offense. Paul Pierce in the regular season averages 19 ppg but against the Cavs this series only 11ppg. Kevin Garnett went scoreless in the 4th qtr in game 4.

Boston's problem is their 4th quarter offense.

It is their road game mentality. At home, they seem to be more focused.

erichubert
05-14-2008, 05:11 PM
I've said it before and I still believe so now that Boston and Cleveland have the two weakest coach among the play-off teams left. Doc really made some big mistakes with his rotation in game 4, specifically regarding Rondo. As for their road woes, I think it is the coach's job really to get his team ready for play-off road games, it just seems that Boston is not ready for these matches mentally, and Doc is to blame for that.

mighty_lion
05-14-2008, 06:33 PM
During the regular season im counting Boston out come playoff because of the Doc Rivers and depth. If Boston is surviving the turmoil as long as it can, its because of Thiboudeu defense. Lebron is averaging 18ppg at 25% FG shooting and yet the series is 2-2.

marmand
05-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Until the Cavs beat Boston in Boston, The Celtics shall/will win this series. I would not be surprise if game 5 would be a blow out in favor of the Celtics.

Mateen Cleaves
05-14-2008, 07:41 PM

I don't see it. West was the National Player of the Year in 2003. Yet he wasn't picked until the 18th slot of the NBA draft that year. Teams thought he was too small. He did not have the size and length of a modern power forward, in contrast to Coleman who practically defined the physical prototype for the position.

Coleman was a natural. West isn't. He's had to put in the extra work to overcome his lack of size. Now, we're finally seeing the pay-off from all that hard work.

cub
05-14-2008, 09:26 PM
David West should be in that All NBA team. kahit 3rd team man lang. remove Yao from that list. West>Yao IMHO.

BigBlue
05-14-2008, 09:34 PM

This Derrick Coleman (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/06/24/gallery.nbabusts/content.4.html)?? wag naman sana. :P

nash_bedista
05-14-2008, 10:33 PM
hu's better?

West or Boozer?

thx

CM_Punk
05-14-2008, 10:39 PM
The 2003 NBA draft class just keeps getting better though the years. Six 1st round players who have played in the All-Star game- James, Anthony, Bosh, Wade, David West, and Josh Howard. Other notable players in the 1st round are Darko, Kaman, Hinrich, Ford, Pietrus, Collison, Ridnour, Diaw, Delfino, Perkins, Barbosa. Players taken in the 2nd round include Jason Kapono, Luke Walton, Steve Blake, Zaza Pachulia, Keith Bogans, Kyle Korver, Matt Bonner. Lots of talent in that deep draft.

Kid Cubao
05-15-2008, 08:04 AM
2003 was a vintage year for draft picks. trust me, it won't be long before the 2003 draft will be exalted as among the greatest alltime draft years together with the class of 1984. yes, 1984 and 2003 are the greatest draft classes in my book :D

mighty_lion
05-15-2008, 09:18 AM
The 2003 NBA draft class just keeps getting better though the years. Six 1st round players who have played in the All-Star game- James, Anthony, Bosh, Wade, David West, and Josh Howard. Other notable players in the 1st round are Darko, Kaman, Hinrich, Ford, Pietrus, Collison, Ridnour, Diaw, Delfino, Perkins, Barbosa.* Players taken in the 2nd round include Jason Kapono, Luke Walton, Steve Blake, Zaza Pachulia, Keith Bogans, Kyle Korver, Matt Bonner. Lots of talent in that deep draft.

Hindsight is a 20/20 vision. Its just ironic to realize that Detroit once had a chance to grab anyone of those all starts except Lebron James in 2003. Marunong din si Lord otherwise it would have been Detroit dynasty. ;D

tigerman
05-15-2008, 10:27 AM
^ That's probably the only notable mistake of Joe Dumars as Detroit President of Basketball Operations. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

BigBlue
05-15-2008, 10:30 AM
2003 was a vintage year for draft picks. trust me, it won't be long before the 2003 draft will be exalted as among the greatest alltime draft years together with the class of 1984. yes, 1984 and 2003 are the greatest draft classes in my book :D

KC, idagdag mo na din dyan ang 1996 draft. AI, Camby, Nash, Kobe, Ray Allen, Peja and Jermaine were all part of that draft class.

tigerman
05-15-2008, 10:32 AM
^ dude, ikaw din ba yung BigBlue sa pex? Salamat sa link nung boston-cleveland game. Badtrip itong destiny eh! ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
05-15-2008, 10:36 AM
As of this writing, Boston is up by 7, 91-84.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

BigBlue
05-15-2008, 10:37 AM
^ dude, ikaw din ba yung BigBlue sa pex? Salamat sa link nung boston-cleveland game. Badtrip itong destiny eh! ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

di ata ako yun; BigBloo ako sa pex, and i rarely go there unless i really need a laugh.

tigerman
05-15-2008, 10:42 AM
^ Ah tama. Big_Man pala username nun.

Ray Allen redeems himself by giving back the possession to Boston. The ball was stolen from him earlier.
The score is now 93-87 with only 15 seconds remaining.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
05-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Boston now up 3-2. Finally Lebron with a break-out game in the series... :D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
The Boston Celtics are a game a way from advancing to the East Finals.

Boston struggled offensively in the first half, even trailing the Cavs by 14 points with 3 minutes left in the second quarter. They eventually cut that lead to a manageable 3 point deficit at halftime. LeBron scorched the Celtics in the first half accounting for 23 out of the Cavs 46 first half points. James was handcuffed in the second half by the Boston defense. KG, Pierce and Rondo played fantastic basketball for the green and white

erichubert
05-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Cleveland had all sorts of chances in the game, but they just couldn't hit the shots when it mattered. Even in the end game, they were able to keep the game close, but they had those missed shots, missed freethrows or missed rebounds.

The_Big_Cat
05-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Cleveland had all sorts of chances in the game, but they just couldn't hit the shots when it mattered. Even in the end game, they were able to keep the game close, but they had those missed shots, missed freethrows or missed rebounds.

Cleveland shot poorly from the free-throw line. Missing 13 or more attempts.

tigerman
05-15-2008, 01:24 PM
close game at staples
Lakers 107, Utah 102 20 seconds remaining in the 4th

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
05-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Lakers win despite Kobe attempting only 10 shots. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
05-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I think Kobe played the game right this time, he wasn't forcing it and was giving it up to his teammates. The back injury might have something to do with it, but it made the team more balanced. Come game 6, I expect another close game, it will come down to the end game, who can execute and who will get the breaks.

marmand
05-15-2008, 01:51 PM
^ The series would reach game 7. This is were Kobe will do what he does best. Probably score 35 point or more.

erichubert
05-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Kobe I think wants to do his thing every game, it's just his aching back that is the problem. I think every remaining series has a big chance to go to game 7, and I'm betting that at least 2 of them will definitely go to a game 7.

The_Big_Cat
05-15-2008, 03:44 PM
close game at staples

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Pau Gasol got away with a push over Mehmet Okur to grab the offensive rebound and score the two points to give the Lakers that 5-point lead.

stonecold316
05-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Lakers na sana ang manalo. Lakas pa rin ng Utah Jazz para sakin. Game 6 will be crucial. Hope Kobe and company are ready for the Jazz.

stonecold316

joelex
05-15-2008, 03:59 PM
The Jazz got the raw end of the calls in the most important possessions, one is the phantom foul called on Kirilenko when it was clear Vujacic (spelling?) lost handle of the ball on his own and should have been Jazz ball. Instead, he was given 2 shots on what could've been a 2 point game. The other was the Gasol push for the put back slam to give them the 5pt lead and the much needed cushion to win. These 2 questionable calls overshadowed what was a hotly contested and physical match where the refs let the players play.

The_Big_Cat
05-15-2008, 04:05 PM
The Jazz got the raw end of the calls in the most important possessions, one is the phantom foul called on Kirilenko when it was clear Vujacic (spelling?) lost handle of the ball on his own and should have been Jazz ball. Instead, he was given 2 shots on what could've been a 2 point game. The other was the Gasol push for the put back slam to give them the 5pt lead and the much needed cushion to win. These 2 questionable calls overshadowed what was a hotly contested and physical match where the refs let the players play.

Let go na dapat yung Vujacic slip.
Vujacic even got a technical for trash-talking Korver in the earlier minutes.

tigerman
05-15-2008, 05:01 PM
close game at staples

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Pau Gasol got away with a push over Mehmet Okur to grab the offensive rebound and score the two points to give the Lakers that 5-point lead.

I think Okur did a Manu on that play. In other words, he flopped.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
05-15-2008, 06:08 PM
so far my prediction fopr the finals are shaping up

WEST Lakers vs Hornets. Hornets in 6

EAST Celtics vs Pistons. Cekltics in 6

:D

marmand
05-15-2008, 06:52 PM
close game at staples

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

I think Okur did a Manu on that play. In other words, he flopped.

Trade mark of the Utah Jazz.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

marmand
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM

Spurs in 6. ( Spurs vs. Lakers )
Pistons in 7

bluegirl
05-16-2008, 09:15 AM

Spurs in 6. ( Spurs vs. Lakers )
Pistons in 7

the spurs have to beat the hornets first :P

tigerman
05-16-2008, 11:23 AM
^ Looking at the score it looks like they will. They're up 93-71 with only 4 mins. remaining. Byron Scott has raised the white flag by taking out CP3. To make matters worse for them, David West re-injured his back after being on the receiving end of a hard backpick from Horry.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
05-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Horry is really the MVP of these Spurs, he does the little things, if you know what i mean. ;)

tigerman
05-16-2008, 11:33 AM
^ Sinuklian ng "Horry, Horry" chants ng fans yung ginawa niya. ;D

I have to agree with CP3's 1st offensive foul (using his left hand to ward off Bowen) but the 2nd one? That was an erroneous call.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

bluegirl
05-16-2008, 11:41 AM
^ Looking at the score it looks like they will. They're up 93-71 with only 4 mins. remaining. Byron Scott has raised the white flag by taking out CP3. To make matters worse for them, David West re-injured his back after being on the receiving end of a hard backpick from Horry.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

i meant the series, not just today. the spurs have yet to beat the hornets in the hornets' home court. so i'm hoping they never do. hahaha

The_Big_Cat
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
The Hornets and Spurs will go to a seventh game.

San Antonio was just fabulous in the opening quarter. They shot 15/21 from the field with their Big Three starting well, Duncan with 8, Ginobili and Parker both had 6 on that first quarter.

For New Orleans, they also started well with Peja Stojakovic scoring 9 of his 13 pts in the first quarter but never scored in the second half. David West struggled from the field with a terrible percentage and ended up with only 10 pts.
As always, it was Chris Paul that was consistent throughout the night with Chandler coming out alive in the third quarter.

Paul and West got their 4th foul midway in the third quarter. Hornets' support crew were non-existent during this game. Pargo shooting bricks and Wells commiting silly fouls.

The Keys to this game was the great start of the Spurs' Big Three and the horrible shooting of David West, who got an accidental elbow to his pinched nerve at his back from Big Shot Bob.

bluegirl
05-16-2008, 01:20 PM
The Hornets and Spurs will go to a seventh game.

San Antonio was just fabulous in the opening quarter. They shot 15/21 from the field with their Big Three starting well, Duncan with 8, Ginobili and Parker both had 6 on that first quarter.

For New Orleans, they also started well with Peja Stojakovic scoring 9 of his 13 pts in the first quarter but never scored in the second half. David West struggled from the field with a terrible percentage and ended up with only 10 pts.
As always, it was Chris Paul that was consistent throughout the night with Chandler coming out alive in the third quarter.

Paul and West got their 4th foul midway in the third quarter. Hornets' support crew were non-existent during this game. Pargo shooting bricks and Wells commiting silly fouls.

The Keys to this game was the great start of the Spurs' Big Three and the horrible shooting of David West, who got an accidental elbow to his pinched nerve at his back from Big Shot Bob.

i doubt if that were accidental. and cheap shot bob na sya for me since last year. >:(

erichubert
05-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Game 7 would still be on Tuesday so I don't think the injuries would play a big role in that deciding game. West will be fine. I honestly don't know who I favor for that game, since the start of the play-offs I have felt that New Orleans is too young and too inexperienced to succeed but they have proven me wrong, my bet would be that they protect home court and advance to the conference finals.

The_Big_Cat
05-16-2008, 01:28 PM
i doubt if that were accidental. and cheap shot bob na sya for me since last year. >:(

Maybe?
From the replay, the pass to David West was way above his head. West jumped high, Horry being on the defensive side was just trying to protect his position when West was coming down from his jump. Unfortunately, West landed onto Horry's body particularly Robert's forearm and elbow.

I just hope that will not ruin the Hornets chances in game 7. I see New Orleans grabbing a win in their home floor.

tigerman
05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
^ Actually there was no pass made to David West. The Spurs were in possession. Manu was holding the ball from the left side then he suddenly launched a jumper. Meanwhile, Horry thinking that Manu would drive to the basket gave a backpick in order to free him up and in the process hitting West's back.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
05-16-2008, 01:57 PM
^I got my signals mixed.

Anyways, West jumped trying to reach the ball and landed on Horry's body, who had his forearm extended when West landed.

stonecold316
05-16-2008, 02:41 PM
LA vs Boston pa rin with LA winning the NBA title.
:D :D :D :D :D

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
05-16-2008, 02:46 PM
A lot of players getting injured in this second round:

Chauncey Billups (right hamstring)
David West (pinched nerve at lower back)
Kobe Bryant (back spasms)
Deron Williams (sore right wrist)
Tyson Chandler (left turf toe)

Chauncey's team proved they can win without him. Let's see how the other teams react to their respective star's injury.

erichubert
05-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Add Daniel Gibson to that list, he has a separated shoulder and would be out for 1-2 weeks. His absence would give Boston a bigger chance against the Cavs tomorrow. They should be able to close them out already, without Gibson, the Cavs lack the shooters to space out the floor for Lebron.

Looks like Boston and San Antonio are the only team spared from the injuries. Could they be the fortunate ones all the way to the finals? Well it is just about fair too considering they are the two oldest teams left.

The_Big_Cat
05-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Boston has struggled to win road games during the playoffs.

What a way to break that if they could win one in Cleveland tomorrow.
I love Boston's chances especially at home if it goes to a game 7.

marmand
05-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Game 7 would still be on Tuesday so I don't think the injuries would play a big role in that deciding game. West will be fine. I honestly don't know who I favor for that game, since the start of the play-offs I have felt that New Orleans is too young and too inexperienced to succeed but they have proven me wrong, my bet would be that they protect home court and advance to the conference finals.

Depth and experience will be the deciding factor. Battle tested ang Spurs. They will finish the Hornets and proceed to take on the Lake show.

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Cleveland edge Boston 74-69 to level the series 3-3 and force a deciding game 7.

Cavaliers 74:
James 32, West 10, Szczerbiak 9, Smith 9, Ilgauskus 7, Varejao 4, Pavlovic 3, Wallace 0, Jones 0

Celtics 69:
Garnett 25, Pierce 16, Allen 9, House 8, Perkins 5, Davis 4, Rondo 2, Posey 0, Brown 0

Quarter Scores: 18-18, 42-33, 59-50, 74-69

CAVS CELTICS
TO 15 16
STEALS 5 4
BLOCKS 3 3
FT% 84% (21/25)84% (11/13)
BENCH POINTS 16 12

coreytaylor
05-17-2008, 11:25 AM
delikado boston dito. hope they will become overconfident in their homecourt so that... ehem! nervermind... ;D

erichubert
05-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Maganda ang game 7 dito, Boston must hope that Lebron doesn't take over like he did against Detroit last year. Sayang 330 ng umaga nanaman, hate afternoon games of the NBA.

MonL
05-17-2008, 11:44 AM
delikado boston dito. hope they will become overconfident in their homecourt so that... ehem! nervermind...* ;D

They let Game 6 slip away with sloppy plays, stupid fouls and poor decisionmaking. Main culprits were Perkins and Rondo (where were his teardrop shots when they needed them?). They didn't make full use of Eddie House and kept Cassell on the bench, when the playoffs were the prime reason for his signing. Allen still couldnt get out of his funk and continues to slump and be shut down by Sczerbiak.

No, overconfidence will be the last thing in the Celtics' minds. They will pound the Cavs at home. That's a guarantee at this point, the way they play at home.

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 11:51 AM
The inconsistencies of the Boston guards are the biggest factors in the Cavs series.
A struggling Ray Allen who only averages 10pts in this series. Shooting slump of Cassell, the limited playing time of Eddie House and disappearing acts of Rondo in Boston's road games.

The Cavs outrebounded the Celtics today in game 6 and scored more second chance points.

The Keys for Boston in Game 7 is they should start out smoking especially The Big Three. Boston should take a copy of Greg Popovich's playbook in designing plays for the Spurs' Big Three fast starts in their wins against New Orleans.

And the last key is for Rajon Rondo to come out alive and shoot well for Boston.
GO BEANTOWN!

stonecold316
05-17-2008, 11:52 AM
MALALING ARAY for Boston fans!

James scores 32, Cavs beat Celtics to force Game 7
05/17/2008 | 11:12 AM

CLEVELAND - LeBron James scored 32 points — 19 in the second half — and the Cleveland Cavaliers forced a decisive and fitting finale to this home-sweet-home playoff series with a 74-69 win Friday night over the Boston Celtics, who have gone from regular-season road kings to postseason road kill.

James, whose jump shot has mysteriously been missing in this series, made two key baskets midway through the fourth quarter to slow a Boston comeback, Wally Szczerbiak hit a 3-pointer with 2:10 remaining and Joe Smith dropped two free throws with 14 seconds left. - AP

stonecold316

stonecold316
05-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Hmm, I think the Cavs will have a chance to steal a home game here. hehehe. Baka matalo dito ang Boston.
Baka Big 3 ang mag choke this time.

stonecold316

erichubert
05-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Cassell has been struggling the whole series, I think Doc did well in putting House in, he contributed a lot to the team. Garnett missed a lot of shots in the 4th, the bad thing was it was open jumpers and floaters. I think with Pierce pre-occupied with guarding Lebron in this series, Garnett and Allen should be the go to guys on offense. What the hell is wrong with Ray Allen? At this point Wally is totally outplaying him.

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 12:04 PM
^Yes Wally is definitely outplaying Ray Allen. Allen on a few occasions got his shots blocked by Wally while on offense he simply cannot take easy looks because of Wally's size.

Among the Big Three it is Allen that hasn't live up to his billing.
Wala naman problema ang Boston pagdating sa Defense, their problem is their offense on 4th quarters especially on the road. But they are going to play game 7 on their own floor, it will be a big advantage for Boston.

stonecold316
05-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Lakers up by 19 points after two quarters. Eto na ito!

stonecold316

MonL
05-17-2008, 12:06 PM
The inconsistencies of the Boston guards are the biggest factors in the Cavs series.
A struggling Ray Allen who only averages 10pts in this series. Shooting slump of Cassell, the limited playing time of Eddie House and disappearing acts of Rondo in Boston's road games.

The Cavs outrebounded the Celtics today in game 6 and scored more second chance points.

The Keys for Boston in Game 7 is they should start out smoking especially The Big Three. Boston should take a copy of Greg Popovich's playbook in designing plays for the Spurs' Big Three fast starts in their wins against New Orleans.

And the last key is for Rajon Rondo to come out alive and shoot well for Boston.
GO BEANTOWN!

To their credit, Boston didnt allow the Cavs to race away in the 1st, the way they did in the early games of the series. It was digging-in-the-trenches time. Too bad the Celtics failed to sustain that. Their combined score in the 1st would have been just one team's production in ordinary games. They need to be fearless, and playing before a home crowd will ensure that.

stonecold316
05-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Lakers na ito. hehehe!

stonecold316

cub
05-17-2008, 01:24 PM
just like what i've predicted, Lakers will win the series against the Jazz. pero 5 games ang hula ko. :)

anyways, the spurs will eliminate the Lakers in 6 or 7. :P

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Good win for the Lakers. Authenticating its bid as one of the favorites in the Western Conference.
The Jazz after grabbing the best home record in the regular season, 37-4, have lost its second home game this playoffs. The first one to the Rockets in the first round. Boozer was just horrable from the field with just 12 points.

MVP Kobe Bryant had a monster game with 33 points with a bad back.

I have always felt since last season that the Jazz are a man short of becoming a contender particularly their shooting guard position. Unless they fill that they will always be second fiddle to the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets and the others.

coreytaylor
05-17-2008, 01:54 PM
too bad my team lost. congrats to all lakers fans. see u in the western conf. finals. ;D

cub
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
MVP Kobe Bryant had a monster game with 33 points with a bad back.

Kobe said earlier that he's already feeling well. no need to say that he had a bad back, anyways, they won naman.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-17-2008, 02:01 PM
YEHEY!!! ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 02:04 PM
The win will also enable Kobe to rest his back.

In time for the Hornets or Spurs on thursday in the Staples Center.

erichubert
05-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Sabi ko nga 2 out of the 3 series would go to a seventh game. That was a scary finish for LA, I think they have to remedy their habit of building big leads and letting their opponents come back in the game. Killer's instinct is lacking. Good win though, now they have 4 days at least to rest their injuries and wait for NO or Spurs.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Checklist of things to repair for the WCF:

- Kobe's back

- Machine's toe

- Pau's toughness

- More practice for Ariza

- Walton's ego ;D

- Farmar's talent ;D

;D

erichubert
05-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Checklist of things to repair for the WCF:

- Kobe's back

- Machine's toe

- Pau's toughness

- More practice for Ariza

- Walton's ego ;D

- Farmar's talent ;D

;D

I think the first 3 would not be a problem, mahirapan tayo with Walton and Farmar, isama mo pa si Vlad Rad who is so inconsistent in these play-offs. The good news is Lakers won even with Walton and Farmar's awful game, bad news is I think they have to wake up if we are to get to the Finals.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Vlad suddenly turns it on when Phil Jackson calls him out. Jax called him out after game 4, Vlad delivered two good games in Gm 5 and Gm 6.

Sana Phil calls out Vlad Rad after every game. ;D

Si Luke, inconsistent.

Si Farmar? Balik na lang kaya natin si Crittenton? ;D ;D

coreytaylor
05-17-2008, 02:38 PM
^ dude, j. farmer is way far more better than j. crittenton. it's just that, j. farmer is struggling right now. i know coach phil will give him time to adjust and surely he will deliver. we'll see.

erichubert
05-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Farmar is better than Critt right now, and has more experience, that is the only reason why he was kept over Critt. But base on potential and upside, I think Crittenton has a higher ceiling and he started to show that at the end of the season.

Vlad Rad just needs to shoot those damn 3s! pumuwesto lang siya sa corner at intayin ang pasa ni Kobe. Wag na siya gumalaw o magdribble :D

Raging Blue
05-17-2008, 02:45 PM
One of the referees who officiated Game 6 between the Celtics and Cavaliers is veteran Dick Bavetta.

He officiated a crucial game during one of the tumultuous New York Knicks vs. Miami Heat playoff series in the middle nineties. In one of those post game interviews after a Heat loss, all-star guard Tim Hardaway expressed his frustration by calling the referee, KNICK Bavetta with reference to the latter's perceived bias.

After the controversial Celtics loss, I am sure fans of the Celtic Nation would start addressing him as Nick CAVetta. Of course it goes without saying that the Boston had its opportunities to steal a win (and the series) in Cleveland.

The Lakers did their part in moving a step closer to achieve NBA Commissioner David Stern's (and many other basketball fans) dream finals. I hope the Celtics do their part in Game Seven.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-17-2008, 02:51 PM
One of the referees who officiated Game 6 between the Celtics and Cavaliers is veteran Nick Bavetta.
Dick Bavetta po sir

Farmar is better than Critt right now, and has more experience, that is the only reason why he was kept over Critt. But base on potential and upside, I think Crittenton has a higher ceiling and he started to show that at the end of the season.

Vlad Rad just needs to shoot those damn 3s! pumuwesto lang siya sa corner at intayin ang pasa ni Kobe. Wag na siya gumalaw o magdribble :D
Farmar started his downgrade since Pau got traded to the Lakers. Nawala daw kasi yung back-up pointguard competition eh. He's been on the end of some frustrated Laker Fans. Salitan sila ni Luke Walton sa katawagan na "Smush 2.0"

Re Vlad Rad, marunong naman syang mag dribble and drive. Nakakapoints din naman sya pag ginagawa nya yung dribble and drive. Yun nga lang, nakaka-kaba talaga pag binaba nya yung bola. :D

Raging Blue
05-17-2008, 03:10 PM
One of the referees who officiated Game 6 between the Celtics and Cavaliers is veteran Nick Bavetta.
Dick Bavetta po sir

Sorry sir. Made the correction na. Got confused with the rhyming of Nick and Dick.

erichubert
05-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Madami nga namang questionable calls sa game ng Celtics kanina. I think the offensive foul on Pierce was huge so was the no-continuation call on Allen. But I think if not for Boston playing so poorly in the first half, those calls wouldn't have mattered. Point is, they should not have let the game come to the point that the referees decided it.

King_stag
05-17-2008, 03:21 PM
The game is very physical and the refs let them gut it out, as a result it's a low scoring game with a lot of TO and no calls ;D. Lebron had 8 turnovers, pierce had 6. As i've said before, good things will happen if you clear the way for the L-Train!

*Detroit's billups returned to practice and is looking sharp. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 04:26 PM
New Orleans Hornets Game 7 Veterans:

1. Mike James. Played for Houston, lost Game 7 2005 West First Round to Dallas, 3-4.
2. Peja Stojakovic. Played for Sacramento, lost Game 7 2002 West Conf. Finals to Lakers, 3-4.
3. Bonzi Wells. Played for Portland, lost Game 7 2000 West Conf. Finals to Lakers, 3-4.
4. Byron Scott. Played for Indiana, lost Game 7 1995 East Conf. Finals to Orlando, 3-4.

*All Road game 7 defeats.

This time they will be playing at home.

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I forgot one more.

5. Morris Peterson. Played for Toronto, lost Game 7 2001 East Semis to Philadelphia, 3-4.

*Lost this one also on the road.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-17-2008, 04:41 PM
No Spurs team in the Duncan era has come back to win when their opponent gets to be the first to score three wins.

marmand
05-17-2008, 05:13 PM
^ This will be the first. ;D

tigerman
05-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Kobe was simply amazing during the clutch moments of the 4th quarter except his defensive mistake. After Ak47 inbounded the ball, Kobe went to Deron to trap him which led to the former being free for that crucial 3-pointer. Kobe did a Rasheed on that situation. *;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

marmand
05-17-2008, 05:21 PM
You have to give it to the Lakers. They came out strong and showed that they really wanted to end it. The Jazz just was out of it. Their game came a bit too late. Climbing back from a large margin really takes its toll. The dream is still alive. Celtics vs. Lakers ;D >:(

marmand
05-17-2008, 05:46 PM

1. Mike James. Played for Houston, lost Game 7 2005 West First Round to Dallas, 3-4.
2. Peja Stojakovic. Played for Sacramento, lost Game 7 2002 West Conf. Finals to Lakers, 3-4.
3. Bonzi Wells. Played for Portland, lost Game 7 2000 West Conf. Finals to Lakers, 3-4.
4. Byron Scott. Played for Indiana, lost Game 7 1995 East Conf. Finals to Orlando, 3-4.

But you got to remember that the Spurs played several games 7 together as a team. The Hornets may have veterans but they have not played in one as a unit.

tigerman
05-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Let's see if the Hornets can duplicate what Dallas did during game 7 of the 2006 west semis vs San Antonio held at the latter's homecourt. Nobody gave Dallas a chance that time bec. of the experience factor and because they were on the brink of a total collapse after allowing SA to win 2 straight to tie the series and force that crucial game 7.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
05-17-2008, 06:19 PM
My Lips Are Sealed. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-17-2008, 08:21 PM

I don't think so my friend. ;D

I maybe wrong but I love the Hornets' chances at their home floor.
David West's pinch nerve maybe a factor come tuesday.

Mateen Cleaves
05-18-2008, 08:06 AM

Mike James was on the winning team of a Game 7 when he was with the Pistons. They beat the Nets at home, in Game 7 of the 2004 Eastern Conference semis. They went on to win the championship that year.

marmand
05-18-2008, 10:02 AM

I don't think so my friend. ;D

I maybe wrong but I love the Hornets' chances at their home floor.
David West's pinch nerve maybe a factor come tuesday.

It will be good to see new faces in the West Finals however the Spurs are favored to take game 7. ;D

mighty_lion
05-19-2008, 06:53 AM
NBA - Where in your face rejection happens. ;D ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsB8HuRLiA&NR=1

Congrats to Boston. Lots of scary moments in the fourth.

MonL
05-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Celts close out the Cavs, 97-92 as Paul Pierce engaged LeBron James in a fierce scoring battle. James won 45-41, but the Celtics got great games from PJ Brown and firebrand Eddie House as well. *

Ray Allen made two clutch charities to put in a critical contribution. He hasn't taken off at all during the series. Delonte West put in a superb performance, complementing James with 15 points, while Wally World disappeared along with his man on defense, Allen. Reminds me of the trade the Celts made for Charlie Scott in exchange for Paul Westphal in 1976. Scott was a 24 ppg scorer for the Phoenix Suns while Westphal was an important reserve who averaged 9ppg on a deep Celtic team. When the Suns and Celts met in the Finals that year, Westphal torched them by averaging 24+ppg while Scott all but disappeared.

jeffjan
05-19-2008, 07:10 AM
buhay pa din ang Celtics-Lakers matchup! ;D

marmand
05-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Pistons vs. Celtics - Pistons in 6 :)

The_Big_Cat
05-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Paul Pierce and LeBron James played fantastic basketball today.

Pierce had 26 pts out of Boston's 50 first half points ending the game with 41 points.
James had 23 pts out of the Cav's 40 first half points ending the game with 44 pts, 5 rebs, & 6 assts.

Ray Allen struggled again missing wide open 3-pt shots but made two crucial free-throws down the stretch.
Eddie House provided the spark and hustle off the bench. And PJ Brown had 10 pts off the bench, his highest point total since joining the Celtics.

James' support crew were non-existent especially Wally and Big Z.

Great playoff series win by the Celtics.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Which shows us that the Cavs' supporting cast is useless.

erichubert
05-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Guess who played a big role awhile ago? PJ Brown! Just a couple of weeks ago, we were wondering what his use was in this team, and the past two games, he showed what he could do. Pierce is the MVP of this team, when they need points or someone to take over, Pierce is the man, Garnett is a better complimentary star than a go-to-guy. As for Allen, well nevermind.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Saying Garnett is a better complimentary star is just a more fragrant and better excuse for him being a big-game choker.

Ray Allen was on vacation mode the whole series.

Pierce and Brown saved the Celtics' season.

MonL
05-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Guess who played a big role awhile ago? PJ Brown! Just a couple of weeks ago, we were wondering what his use was in this team, and the past two games, he showed what he could do. Pierce is the MVP of this team, when they need points or someone to take over, Pierce is the man, Garnett is a better complimentary star than a go-to-guy. As for Allen, well nevermind.

He wasnt on anyone's roster before the All-Star break, enjoying his retirement. The Celts, particularly Pierce and Garnett actually sought him out in New Orleans and talked him into coming back and playing. Good move to toughen their roster for the hard grind ahead.

Dark Knight
05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
My prediction is still shaping up for both East and West Finals

Celtics in 7
Hornets in 6

MonL
05-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Saying Garnett is a better complimentary star is just a more fragrant and better excuse for him being a big-game choker.

Ray Allen was on vacation mode the whole series.

Pierce and Brown saved the Celtics' season.

"Today it was basically, 'Get the ball to Paul Pierce and get the hell out of the way,'" Kevin Garnett said.

He did, at least, *get 13 rebounds and took care of the defensive end as Kendrick Perkins continued to be a dud and to sulk and complain on bad calls coming his way. Celts actually fed off House's energy when he was on the court. And Brown showed his veteran smarts during crunch time.

A critical play was the jumpball situation near the end of the game. A possession by either team would decide their fate. The play was for Z to tap the ball to James, as they had successfully done so in earlier plays. The tap went to no one and Pierce cut James off and dived for the ball and called a timeout. And on the Cavs' last play when James muffed his drive and they made a kickout to him for a 3 attempt, Eddie House cut in and stole the pass out to James.

Those plays won't show up or be a highlight up on the stat sheet but they were defining moments on top of many more that were done in ths game that may become the stuff of Celtic lore should Boston win it all this year.

eightyfiver
05-19-2008, 01:46 PM
A critical play was the jumpball situation near the end of the game. A possession by either team would decide their fate. The play was for Z to tap the ball to James, as they had successfully done so in earlier plays. The tap went to no one and Pierce cut James off and dived for the ball and called a timeout.

I think the timeout call was prematurely acknowledged by the referees. He doesn't have a clear possession of the ball and a jumpball would have been fairer.

MonL
05-19-2008, 01:53 PM
A critical play was the jumpball situation near the end of the game. A possession by either team would decide their fate. The play was for Z to tap the ball to James, as they had successfully done so in earlier plays. The tap went to no one and Pierce cut James off and dived for the ball and called a timeout.

I think the timeout call was prematurely acknowledged by the referees. He doesn't have a clear possession of the ball and a jumpball would have been fairer.

That was a close call. Jeff Van Gundy had a comment on the officiating too, that they needed consistency. Remember that charging foul called on Pierce in Game 6 that doused the Celtic comeback that might have closed the series at Quicken Arena? That would have been called a blocking foul* on Lebron had that occurred in Boston Garden.

erichubert
05-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Despite being stretched to 7 games for the first two series, I think Boston is still in good shape to make the finals. Those two series toughened them up, facing elimination games are tough and makes teams bond and rely on each other more. I don't think Detroit has faced that kind of adversity this year yet.

The_Big_Cat
05-19-2008, 02:12 PM
If there is one team that could matchup Boston, its gonna be Detroit.

Both are good defensive teams. They match-up well in every position.
Allen vs Hamilton, Rasheed vs KG, Billups vs Rondo/Cassell and Pierce vs Prince.

I bet Detroit would come out firing this Wednesday.

Pierce got a bruised left hip when he landed on the cameraman's knee.