PDA

View Full Version : The 2007-08 NBA Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

flsfnoeraekadad
05-02-2008, 11:30 AM
The Lakers are entitled to be arrogant because they are the top seed in the West. And as long as they win games OK lang yan.I guess this applies to anything basta you have the balls to back it up

Pero ang Boston, mukhang nasobrahan ng arrogance at ayun nasilat sila ng 2 games. ;D ;D
But Boston is still my team to beat in these playoffs.

LOL but yeah now things are slowly turning back to the right position and order.

Dark Knight
05-02-2008, 11:31 AM
My predictions for the 2nd round playoffs

West

The DEFENDING champions Spurs will lose to the SYSTEMATIC Hornets in 6.

The ENTHUSIASTIC Jazz will lose to the ARROGANT Lakers in 5.

West Finals

The ARROGANT Lakers will lose to the HUMBLE Hornets in 6. *:D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-02-2008, 11:32 AM

West

West Finals

The ARROGANT Lakers will lose to the HUMBLE Hornets in 6. :D

Hanep parang fairytale story ha ha ha. ;D

Basta ako second round muna. Wala pa ngang kalaban e. :p

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 11:33 AM
^^Yes. Just make sure you just bring your game when you brag.
Actions speaks louder..

marmand
05-02-2008, 11:36 AM

West

West Finals

Huwag naman, may chance pa yung Rockets. ;D

coreytaylor
05-02-2008, 11:39 AM
^ bahala ng may game 7 between jazz at rockets basta jazz mananalo. spurs at jazz ako. kahit anong team pwede basta tatalunin nila lakers. ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-02-2008, 11:40 AM

West

West Finals

Huwag naman, may chance pa yung Rockets. ;D

Yeah and I'm rooting for them to come through... para di na second round virgin si T-Mac. ;D

erichubert
05-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Sige lang sa mga predictions, maganda iyan para ma-jinx. *;D

Houston still has a chance, but they really have to play a perfect game out there in Utah to win. Mas maganda ang Utah-LA, Fisher gets to play against his former team. That would be the height of irony, Utah releasing Fisher to allow him to have his daughter get the best medical treatment and then to face him in the conference semis. It would be more ironic if he plays a big role in beating the Jazz.

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 11:45 AM
I think the Rockets lacks the personnel in matching up with the Lakers.
The Jazz is a more healthy and complete opponent for LA.

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Houston still has a chance, but they really have to play a perfect game out there in Utah to win. Mas maganda ang Utah-LA, Fisher gets to play against his former team. That would be the height of irony, Utah releasing Fisher to allow him to have his daughter get the best medical treatment and then to face him in the conference semis. It would be more ironic if he plays a big role in beating the Jazz.

Remember last year, Derek Fischer was vital for the Jazz in dismantling upset-minded Golden State, whick Fisher played for a year before.

Talking about "ironic".

marmand
05-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I think the Rockets lacks the personnel in matching up with the Lakers.
The Jazz is a more healthy and complete opponent for LA.

Agree, but am just hoping for a miracle to happen for the Rockets. I am sure all the Laker fans would be rooting for the Rockets.

marmand
05-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Sige lang sa mga predictions, maganda iyan para ma-jinx. ;D

If the Rockets get game 6, I am pretty sure game 7 is theirs. The momentum and home court will carry the Rockets to the second round.

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 11:59 AM
If it will be a Lakers-Rockets in the second round.
Exciting matchups of international proportions: McGrady vs. Bryant, Scola vs. Gasol.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Wag nyo masyado i-mention baka ma-jinx. LOL. ;D

Dark Knight
05-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Sige lang sa mga predictions, maganda iyan para ma-jinx. *;D

If thats the case, ill change my predictions.

CONGRATULATIONS to the LOS ANGELES LAKERS for winning this years NBA TITLE!!!! :D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Sige lang sa mga predictions, maganda iyan para ma-jinx. ;D

If thats the case, ill change my predictions.

CONGRATULATIONS to the LOS ANGELES LAKERS for winning this years NBA TITLE!!!! :D
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :(

Lol. ;D ;D ;D

marmand
05-02-2008, 12:09 PM
If it will be a Lakers-Rockets in the second round.
Exciting matchups of international proportions: McGrady vs. Bryant, Scola vs. Gasol.

Who knows. Yao might do a Willis Reed. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Who knows. Yao might do a Willis Reed. ;D

Mas maganda kung mag Willis Reed si Yao Ming sa mismong Olympics in Beijing this August. ;D
Mag mumukhang bayani talaga si Yao. ;D

coreytaylor
05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
LAKERS NA YAN MAGCHACHAMPION! -> hope the jinx works..... :D

marmand
05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
He is sure for the olympics. Its the playoffs thats malabo.

marmand
05-02-2008, 12:46 PM

Lets start the Boston will be the Champs. jinx. ;D

tigerman
05-02-2008, 01:23 PM
The defense of the Pistons earlier was simply too match for the young and inexperienced Sixers. That was Detroittt Basketballlllll as its best!

Now its Orlando vs. Detroit in one of the east semis, I'll pick Detroit in 6 primarily because they have the tools to minimize Dwight Howard. Sheed, Maxiel, Ratliff and McDyess are simply too much for the one-man show in the Orlando frontline. Garrity and Cook are both certified softies. Turkuglu and Prince will probably cancel each other out while Detroit has a slight advantage in the backcourt (Billups/Rip vs. Nelson, Bogans, Dooling and Evans).

If there's one advantage Orlando has over Detroit, its Stan Van Gundy. Let's see if Flip Saunders can finally get over the hump.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

King_stag
05-02-2008, 01:28 PM
They clamped down on phily in the 1st quarter and scored 31. Maybe sheed's staredown on the sixers bench in game 5 worked. Guaransheed :D

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Orlando was swept by Detroit last year but the Magic has gotten better with the new additions Rashard Lewis, Maurice Evans and Bryan Cook. All of those three had playoff experience in the West. And offcourse, Dwight Howard has evolved to be the best center in the NBA this past regular season

Although the Pistons have the experience, I like the Magic in this series.

marmand
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I like the chances of the Pistons. They developed their bench for the playoffs. Youth and experience.

erichubert
05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
LAKERS NA YAN MAGCHACHAMPION! -> hope the jinx works.....* :D

Eto second the motion: Congrats to Boston for ending their championship drought!

erichubert
05-02-2008, 02:10 PM
I would go for the Pistons in that series, but I don't think it would be a sweep, maybe 6 games. Orlando relies on Dwight too much at times, the key is Rashard and Hedo, they really need to match the Pistons' starters.

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Eto second the motion: Congrats to Boston for ending their championship drought!

Here is the more specific:
1957, 1959
2008? ;D

marmand
05-02-2008, 02:18 PM
^ baka sobra na yung jinx, magreverse at mangyari. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I would go for the Pistons in that series, but I don't think it would be a sweep, maybe 6 games. Orlando relies on Dwight too much at times, the key is Rashard and Hedo, they really need to match the Pistons' starters.

The mismatch for this series will be at the point guard. Chauncey will overpower the small Jameer Nelson.
Turkoglu is Orlando's best one-on-one player. Turkoglu will get my vote as the Most Improve Player for this season.

King_stag
05-02-2008, 02:28 PM
detroit also has the advantage on the 2-guard spot. Rip over evans and bogans 'nuf said.

*Turk already won the Most Improved Player award

marmand
05-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Team play and familiarity would be the factor that places the Pistons over the Magic. I see this series as 4-1 in favor of the Pistons. Ginising ng 76ers yung Pistons.

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 02:35 PM
There is no other clutch player for the Orlando except for Turkoglu to make crucial baskets in crucial situations but I feel Orlando can make it up with their youth.
If the game stays close, Detroit will have the edge because of its clutch veterans.

marmand
05-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I just do not see this series going beyond 5 games. Pistons will advance to the Eastern Finals.

Dark Knight
05-02-2008, 03:14 PM

Thanks........you do have a knack for predicting champions. :D

erichubert
05-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Maturity is really the main edge of the Pistons, the guards obviously favor them too. That is why the forwards like Hedo and Rashard should match if not outplay Prince and Rasheed. Pero man for man, it would be a tough match-up for them.

erichubert
05-02-2008, 03:58 PM

Thanks........you do have a knack for predicting champions.* :D

Actually mahina ako magpredict, hinula ko Boston in 4 against the Hawks mali. Pistons in 4 against the Sixers mali din. Baka dito mali din ;D

marmand
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM

Thanks........you do have a knack for predicting champions. :D

Actually mahina ako magpredict, hinula ko Boston in 4 against the Hawks mali. Pistons in 4 against the Sixers mali din. Baka dito mali din ;D

May trend ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 04:32 PM
May trend ;D

Parang election, may trending. ;D

marmand
05-02-2008, 04:37 PM
May trend ;D

Parang election, may trending. ;D

Election year sa US di ba? ;D Seriously, so far the top seeds in both the East and West are doing what is expected of them. A few bumps for the Celtics but they will get there.

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Yes. The Celtics will eventually get there. Sa Round 2 na magkaka alaman kung may upset in the East and West.

marmand
05-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Which Laker team shows up in game 1. A well rested or rusty team. The winner of the Jazz-Rockets series might want to capitalize on this.

erichubert
05-02-2008, 05:02 PM
I think sa round 2, there would be no more favorites for the West, all remaining four teams (assuming the Jazz make it) are playing good basketball and are good enough to win the championship.

marmand
05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
It is a matter who is peaking now. The Spurs look like the team on the rise.

jeffjan
05-02-2008, 06:32 PM
talino talaga ni Joe Dumars. balance na yung Detroit roster. may veterans at up-and-coming stars.

dark_seid
05-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Which Laker team shows up in game 1. A well rested or rusty team. The winner of the Jazz-Rockets series might want to capitalize on this.

doesn't matter. because there's no way boozer is able to shoot over the long limbed gasol or odom, no way deron bullies his way into the paint over fish or kobe. so it's back to how lakers want to play the pick and roll defense -- with help from the smalls or the bigs.

marmand
05-02-2008, 10:12 PM

doesn't matter. because there's no way boozer is able to shoot over the long limbed gasol or odom, no way deron bullies his way into the paint over fish or kobe. so it's back to how lakers want to play the pick and roll defense -- with help from the smalls or the bigs.

Assuming the Jazz moves on to the second round, Deron will have a field day vs. Fish or any point guards of the Lakers. Kobe can not guard him because it will create a mismatch on the other Jazz players like AK-47 and Brewer. Gasol wont guard Boozer. He will guard Okur. We all know where Okur wants to hang out. Gasol would have to extend his defense all the way out of the shaded area. This will open the paint for Deron and the rest.

King_stag
05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
This is a game of adjustments. But if the lakers can get atleast a win in utah's hostile homecourt it will be a big plus for them..

marmand
05-03-2008, 10:44 AM
LBJ and the Cavs eliminated the Wizards while the Hawks are leading late in the 4th. You got to give props to the Hawks. They refuse to give up. Using only a 7 player rotation, they are giving the Celtics all they can handle.

Mikhail
05-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Alright! GO HAWKS! ;D

MonL
05-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Actually mahina ako magpredict, hinula ko Boston in 4 against the Hawks mali. Pistons in 4 against the Sixers mali din. Baka dito mali din* ;D

May trend* ;D

Boston will win 4 (not in 4)against the Hawks.* ;D They couldn't close it at Atlanta, losing 103-100,* and will do so in Game 7 at Boston.*

erichubert
05-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Grabe ang Atlanta, at least they didn't wilt like the Sixers. Iba kasi ang energy ng crowd nila, which is something no one expected. It is refreshing to see the crowd coming out to watch the Hawks, even in the Steve Smith- Dikembe Mutombo era where they were contenders, the support was not like this.

The problem is with such a young team, going on the road is all together another story, specially a game 7 in the Garden. Boston would kill them in such a scenario.

marmand
05-03-2008, 11:12 AM
^ Not only the pressure but the lack of manpower. Marvin Williams' sprain could be a cause of concern.

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Boston will close the series at the Garden. Ill bet* my LIFE on it.* :D

Boston : Close but no cigar in Game 6

marmand
05-03-2008, 11:22 AM
The Hawks win gave LBJ a much needed rest before facing the Celtics.

erichubert
05-03-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't think anyone would bet on Atlanta in that game 7. If it were to be held in Atlanta pwede pa, pero kung sa Boston, no chance. If the game were close, I would be surprised already. Marvin Williams is key, if he can't play, the more the Hawks would be disadvantaged.

Baka naman pinagbibigyan ni Doc Rivers ang Atlanta kasi doon siya naglaro dati ;D

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
My take on the East

Boston will defeat the Cavs in 7 *;D
Pistons will defeat Magic in 6

Finals

Boston will defeat Pistons in 4. *:o :o :o

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 11:44 AM
So far, Boston is struggling with its games on the road. Not the character trait you would want if you're a Celtics fan.
But gladly, they are hosting game 7.

You have to give credit to these young Hawks. They are truly surging and making a mockery of the number 1 seed that Boston has.

Cleveland is peaking at the right time. After only winning 3 road games with their new additions Wallace, Wally, West and Smith they won crucial road games in Washington to seal the series.

jeffjan
05-03-2008, 12:14 PM
28 first half points for the Big Sleep

marmand
05-03-2008, 12:28 PM
28 first half points for the Big Sleep

Not enough support. 0-7 for him in the playoffs :(

coreytaylor
05-03-2008, 12:41 PM
akala ko ba tatalunin na ang atlanta sa game 6?? ::) sigurado ako tatalunin na sila ng boston sa game 7 dahil homecourt na nila... ::)

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Stretching Boston to a game 7 will be a big factor since the Celtics are loaded with veteran players.

erichubert
05-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Boston is loaded with veterans that is why they will handle the pressure better. Meanwhile, Kobe Bryant won this year's MVP. All I can say is :" It's about time!" He should have won it long time ago, I never expected him to win it anymore because of the media's bias against him but I am pleasantly surprised that he got it. I am expecting Kobe haters to come out again and belittle this MVP trophy :D

King_stag
05-03-2008, 01:51 PM
My take on the East

Finals

whoah. fearless forecast. hehe pistons in 4? i doubt it. Almost everyone predicted a sweep of atlanta but hey who would have thought of a game 7. still, the ball is round.

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Ok, here i am.

Kobe doesnt deserve that trophy. Im batting for Chris Paul or Lebron James to win it. The MVP award should be given to a player who not only score in 40's or 50's but he should ba an all around player. Assist, rebounds, steals. No ballhog should win that award. *;D

Wala lang, maka kontra lang. *:D

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 01:54 PM
My take on the East

Finals

whoah. fearless forecast. hehe pistons in 4? i doubt it. Almost everyone predicted a sweep of atlanta but hey who would have thought of a game 7. still, the ball is round.

Common, im not that serious.* :D But i predicted a Utah win and it happened.* ;D And im not one of those who predicted Atlanta will be swept.

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Meanwhile, Kobe Bryant won this year's MVP. All I can say is :" It's about time!" He should have won it long time ago, I never expected him to win it anymore because of the media's bias against him but I am pleasantly surprised that he got it. I am expecting Kobe haters to come out again and belittle this MVP trophy :D

Really?! I haven't seen the "wire" yet.
Yes. I think it's about time. I think he should have won it when Nash took his second MVP. The 81-point game in that season was the highlight. The argument there is that Kobe's Lakers back then were performing sub-par but now with a much improved team and an excellent team performance in the regular season where they locked the number 1 seed in the West, it is deserving for Bryant.

erichubert
05-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Only one game 7 in the first round, the least likely series to reach a decider at that. Great game by T-Mac but not enough, Jazz vs Lakers na!

erichubert
05-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Meanwhile, Kobe Bryant won this year's MVP. All I can say is :" It's about time!" He should have won it long time ago, I never expected him to win it anymore because of the media's bias against him but I am pleasantly surprised that he got it. I am expecting Kobe haters to come out again and belittle this MVP trophy* :D

Yes. I think it's about time. I think he should have won it when Nash took his second MVP. The 81-point game in that season was the highlight. The argument there is that Kobe's Lakers back then were performing sub-par but now with a much improved team and an excellent team performance in the regular season where they locked the number 1 seed in the West, it is deserving for Bryant.

It has just been reported now. I think aside from his teams not really performing well before, the knack against him was that he didn't make his teammates better which I found ridiculous considering he made Smush Parker, Brian Cook and Chris Mihm look like solid pros plus Luke Walton too. Well the only player he didn't really elevate into a good player is Kwame Brown, but I don't think anyone can make Kwame look good ;D

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Boozer, Okur, Kirilenko, Williams and Harpring will make mince meat out of the Lakers............................................ ..........for only 2 games.

cub
05-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Lakers will win this in 5. why? the Lakers have the deeper bench. nobody can guard Gasol in that Utah lineup. and the intangibles(the hunger, the HCA) is on the Lakers' side.

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Gee, im the only Lakers/Bryant hater here. Im outnumbered.

Need help here all you people who despise LA. :D

cub
05-03-2008, 02:14 PM
im a phoenix fan so im a kobe hater too. but we have to accept the reality here. Lakers will beat the hell outta that Utah team but will fall to the Spurs in the West Finals. ;D

tigerman
05-03-2008, 02:17 PM

I'm not a fan of Nash but I thought his 2nd mvp was more deserving than the first one. Two reasons; a) Amare was out for the whole season and b) Jones, House, Diaw and Barbosa had their career year in terms of scoring.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

stonecold316
05-03-2008, 02:17 PM

Need help here all you people who despise LA.* :D

LA will beat the hell out of UTAH. hahaha!
Kahit ikaw outnumered dito.
;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Bryant has been a better passer this regular season compared to his previous seasons. Evidence to that his points per game average has dipped below 30 pts.

They have the reliable Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher and Luke Wilson. Added firepower in Pau Gasol and Vladimir Radmanovich. And the improving young turks, Sasha Vujacic and Jordan Farmar.

I pick the Lakers in 6 games.

stonecold316
05-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Lakers' Kobe Bryant wins 1st MVP award - report
05/03/2008 | 12:58 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant has won the NBA's MVP award for the first time, the Los Angeles Times reported on its Web site Friday night, citing anonymous sources familiar with the outcome of voting by media members.

The newspaper reported that commissioner David Stern will be in Los Angeles next week to present the trophy to Bryant.

"We have not been told anything by the league," Lakers spokesman John Black told The Associated Press.

Bryant, who entered the season as the league's two-time defending scoring champion, had third in the MVP voting twice after the 2002-03 campaign, when he averaged 30 points for the first time, and again last season, when Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki won the award.

Bryant averaged 28.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 1.84 steals while playing in all 82 games despite tearing a ligament in his right pinkie finger in February. A hand specialist recommended surgery, but Bryant decided to put it off until after the Olympics this summer.

He led the Lakers to the best record in the Western Conference and a sweep of Denver in the first round of the playoffs.

Bryant, second in the NBA in scoring behind Cleveland's LeBron James, will be the first Lakers player to win the MVP award since Shaquille O'Neal was a near-unanimous choice in 2000. Other previous Lakers to win the award dating to 1956, when it was first presented, were Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Magic Johnson, who each won it three times. Abdul-Jabbar also won three with the Milwaukee Bucks. - AP

stonecold316
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Congrats to Kobe Bryant for winning his first ever MVP award.

Well deserved talaga baby!

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm not a fan of Nash but I thought his 2nd mvp was more deserving than the first one. Two reasons; a) Amare was out for the whole season and b) Jones, House, Diaw and Barbosa had their career year in terms of scoring.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Yes I agree. Individually Kobe was better but generally Nash made his team much better.

bluegirl
05-03-2008, 02:20 PM
phoenix fan, former kobe hater :P hahaha

well-deserved ang mvp award for kobe. it's his time na rin talaga.

atlanta hawks is surprising everyone. admittedly, isa ako sa mga nanghulang wawalisin sila ng boston. hahaha i was so wrong. buti pa sila may game 7! samantalang ang suns eh 5 games lang :'(

i think kaya ng lakers ang spurs. and i hope kayanin nila. actually, sana sa new orleans pa lang matalo na ang spurs eh!!! ahahaha i hate spurs :P

stonecold316
05-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Boston getting beaten by Atlanta in Game 6 was a no brainer.

Malakas rin ang Hawks with their athleticism and sheer determination to win. I just hope they can play better sa Boston Garden if they are entertaining hopes of entering the second round. Almost unbeatable ang Boston sa homecourt nila but anything is possible.

stonecold316

tigerman
05-03-2008, 02:28 PM
That's why I think Detroit is still the team to beat in the East and not Boston. In order to go all the way to the Larry 'O Brien trophy, one must be able to win on the road as well. Boston surprisingly is winless on the road so far in the playoffs.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

King_stag
05-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Black Mamba nailed it! finally *;D come 2nd round his head head will get bigger *::)

stonecold316
05-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Cavs Boot Out Wizards for Third Straight Year

The Cleveland Cavaliers did it again, eliminating the Washington Wizards in the first round of the NBA playoffs on the Wizards' home court for the third straight year.

LeBron James posted his third career playoff triple-double, and helped contain Caron Butler as the Cavaliers routed the Wizards, 105-88, to end their Eastern Conference best-of-seven series in six games on Friday.

James recorded 27 points, 13 rebounds and 13 assists, while two other Cavaliers scored 20 points or more. Wally Szczerbiak scored a career playoff-best 26 and reserve Daniel Gibson added 22. Szczerbiak and Gibson combined for 10 of Cleveland's 11 3-pointers.

Antawn Jamison led Washington with 23 points and 15 rebounds. Butler, the hero of the Wizards' Wednesday Game 5 victory, was limited to 18 points, a far cry from his 32-point outburst in the series' fifth game. Brendan Haywood added 13 points and 10 rebounds.

The Wizards played without forward Darius Songaila, who was suspended from Friday's game. Washington was already without guard Gilbert Arenas, who ruled himself out for the rest of the season before Game 5 because of his surgically repaired left knee.

Cleveland went on a 21-4 run midway through the second quarter to pull away from Washington. The Wizards coasted along the rest of the way.

Cleveland, which reached the NBA finals a year ago, will face the winner of the Boston-Atlanta series. The series is now tied at 3-3. The deciding Game 7 is on Sunday.

King_stag
05-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Boston getting beaten by Atlanta in Game 6 was a no brainer.

Malakas rin ang Hawks with their athleticism and sheer determination to win. I just hope they can play better sa Boston Garden if they are entertaining hopes of entering the second round. Almost unbeatable ang Boston sa homecourt nila but anything is possible.

stonecold316

Yeah, too bad claxton is injured. i watched the game highlights and saw kevin garnett banging his head, that dint work big fella *;D try another one of ur antics

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 02:32 PM
That's why I think Detroit is still the team to beat in the East and not Boston. In order to go all the way to the Larry 'O Brien trophy, one must be able to win on the road as well. Boston surprisingly is winless on the road so far in the playoffs.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

A good thing for Boston is that they played consistent basketball throughout the regular season and was awarded homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs.

They are really struggling on the road buti na lang ang diyan ang home court advantage nila.

tigerman
05-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Grabe ang Atlanta, at least they didn't wilt like the Sixers. Iba kasi ang energy ng crowd nila, which is something no one expected.

Speaking of home crowd, anyone who saw the Philly crowd after the game 6 victory of Detroit right at Wachovia center? They were clapping their hands to show their appreciation for their Sixers team. Although not really large in number, at least the fans who stayed in the venue showed what a true fan is. Unlike the Dallas fans at American Airlines Center in game 4...

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
05-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I think Kobe realizes that the MVP trophy doesn't really mean much, what matters is the championship. People don't really remember Dirk to be the MVP last year, what they remember is his choke job in the play-offs so this award while nice to win shouldn't make his head grow bigger. (I think it is big already as it is *:D)

erichubert
05-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Grabe ang Atlanta, at least they didn't wilt like the Sixers. Iba kasi ang energy ng crowd nila, which is something no one expected.

Speaking of home crowd, anyone who saw the Philly crowd after the game 6 victory of Detroit right at Wachovia center? They were clapping their hands to show their appreciation for their Sixers team. Although not really large in number, at least the fans who stayed in the venue showed what a true fan is. Unlike the Dallas fans at American Airlines Center in game 4...

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Yes I saw that, I think it is good that Philly fans appreciate the fact that their team overachieved for the season. Without a legit star, they battled their way to the play-offs and gave the Pistons a competitive series. If only Iguodala showed up in that series, baka umabot ng 7 games yun. Speaking of which, I think Philly has a very big decision with him coming up, is he a Josh Howard type of complimentary player or is he a franchise player? The money they would offer him would be decided by this.

marmand
05-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I think Kobe realizes that the MVP trophy doesn't really mean much, what matters is the championship. People don't really remember Dirk to be the MVP last year, what they remember is his choke job in the play-offs so this award while nice to win shouldn't make his head grow bigger. (I think it is big already as it is :D)

The main reason why players play is to win a championship. Individual awards come second.

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Jesus, Filipinos really love the underdogs. *:P

Fact,

Even if Boston dont win a single road game, they will be champions as long they will not lose in the Garden. *:P

So Atlanta pushed the Celtics to the limit, so what? Good for Atlanta. But you cant deny the fact that Boston is the much better team. *:P

So what if Kobe won the MVP? Of all the MVP winners, he's the most ballhog. Second to Jordan, And he's the only one with a rape case too. Nyahahaha. *:P

If you will read my past post, Lakers will enter the Western Finals but will lose to the much much better Hornets and humble Chris Paul. *:D

marmand
05-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Jesus, Filipinos really love the underdogs. :P

Fact,

Even if Boston dont win a single road game, they will be champions as long they will not lose in the Garden. :P

So Atlanta pushed the Celtics to the limit, so what? Good for Atlanta. But you cant deny the fact that Boston is the much better team. :P

So what if Kobe won the MVP? Of all the MVP winners, he's the most ballhog. Second to Jordan, And he's the only one with a rape case too. Nyahahaha. :P

If you will read my past post, Lakers will enter the Western Finals but will lose to the much much better Hornets and humble Chris Paul. :D

You nailed it. ;D

Dark Knight
05-03-2008, 04:05 PM
One more important fact.

If Boston lose to Atlanta and the Lakers win the title, i will imitate a fetal position in 3 weeks, will not post here for one month and change my username to "tsamba". :P

marmand
05-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Chances of the Hawks winning game 7 is very slim. Everybody knows that the Celtics are the team to beat in the entire NBA so when a situation like this happens, people tend to cheer for the underdogs. Relax, mukhang Boston vs. LA yan sa finals.

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 04:17 PM
^Inspite of all the things that has been said about Boston's shortcomings in the first round, my money is still on "my team", the Celtics.

marmand
05-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Boston is too strong to lose consecutive games which one is at home. Only the Rockets ( last year ) did that but they lost to a strong Jazz Team.

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 04:27 PM
^Ewan ko ba kay Doc Rivers at sa katapusan ng regular season ay nag singit pa ng "Alien na mukhang E.T." (Cassell). ;D
Parang na spook ang Boston sa first round. ;D

erichubert
05-03-2008, 04:28 PM
One more important fact.

If Boston lose to Atlanta and the Lakers win the title, i will imitate a fetal position in 3 weeks, will not post here for one month and change my username to "tsamba".* :P

Alam naman ng lahat mananalo Boston sa game 7, you don't have anything to worry about. May tulog din Lakers sa Utah or if ever New Orleans and San Antonio.

erichubert
05-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I think if there is anything nice to be said about Boston going to a game 7 against the Hawks is that it would hopefully awaken them and make them stronger eventually. Sometimes, teams need a little adversity early on so that when they face the same scenario later on, they know how to deal with it.

marmand
05-03-2008, 04:35 PM
^Ewan ko ba kay Doc Rivers at sa katapusan ng regular season ay nag singit pa ng "Alien na mukhang E.T." (Cassell). ;D
Parang na spook ang Boston sa first round. ;D

Magagamit din yan down the stretch if not then ET phone home na. ;D

erichubert
05-03-2008, 05:21 PM
True, may silbi si Cassell specially if Boston takes on Detroit. Ang medyo sayang na signing si PJ Brown, he is not even in the rotation right now, with Leon Powe and Glen Davis ahead of him.

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2008, 08:27 PM
^Medyo nawala sa rotation sila Glenn Davis at Eddie House with the arrivals of PJ Brown and Sam Cassell. I think earlier this year they also had veteran Scott Pollard.

Why did they signed up these veteran big men (Pollard and Brown)? Maybe, they're expecting a matchup with the Spurs (Duncan) or Phoenix (Shaq).

coreytaylor
05-03-2008, 08:38 PM

pare, im with u all the way! haha! im a kobe bryant hater!

marmand
05-03-2008, 08:50 PM

Need help here all you people who despise LA. :D

Same here. ;)

coreytaylor
05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
utah all the way pare! kaya niyo yan! talunin nnyo lakers! ;D

marmand
05-03-2008, 08:58 PM
^Medyo nawala sa rotation sila Glenn Davis at Eddie House with the arrivals of PJ Brown and Sam Cassell. I think earlier this year they also had veteran Scott Pollard.

Why did they signed up these veteran big men (Pollard and Brown)? Maybe, they're expecting a matchup with the Spurs (Duncan) or Phoenix (Shaq).

All the veterans they signed up would be an asset when they go deep into the playoffs. Who knows maybe one of the veterans would be the x factor for game 7 or the next round vs. LBJ. Brown and Cassell are playoff tested. Their experiences are more important then the physical abilities of Davis and House.

aircanda
05-03-2008, 09:34 PM
The MVP award should be given to a player who not only score in 40's or 50's but he should ba an all around player. Assist, rebounds, steals. No ballhog should win that award. ;D

Wala lang, maka kontra lang. :D

pare.. you are describing Kobe.. hahaha..

kontra sa kontra lang man! peace ;D

aircanda
05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
ok ok.. ako lang ba ang maniniwalang mananalo ang Atlanta sa Game7? sana ako lang para makapagyabang din ako tulad ni Quinito Henson nuong nagchampion ang Detroit? ;D

you see guys... bilog ang bola.. yun lang ang masasabe ko mga ka-Gamefacers!

sana wag ako pahiyain ng atlanta.. :D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Atlanta, magpatalo kayo

PAANO NA YUNG MGA RING-CHASERS SA BOSTON? ;D

marmand
05-03-2008, 10:59 PM
ok ok.. ako lang ba ang maniniwalang mananalo ang Atlanta sa Game7? sana ako lang para makapagyabang din ako tulad ni Quinito Henson nuong nagchampion ang Detroit? ;D

you see guys... bilog ang bola.. yun lang ang masasabe ko mga ka-Gamefacers!

sana wag ako pahiyain ng atlanta.. :D

My heart is with Atlanta but my money is on the Celtics. ;D

aircanda
05-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Atlanta, magpatalo kayo

PAANO NA YUNG MGA RING-CHASERS SA BOSTON? ;D

mas maganda ang istorya ng mga underdogs.. ;D

jeffjan
05-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Delikado ang Magic. may finger injury ata si D12.

marmand
05-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Pistons win 91-72. A short series in the making. 5 games tops.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Is Howard seriously injured?

The_Big_Cat
05-04-2008, 12:06 PM

Perhaps, a same story as their last year's matchup.
Chauncey Billups is having his way with the Magic guards. Orlando can't seem to get their three-point shooting going, after leading the NBA in three-point shots made in the regular season.

I think Orlando can win at least two games in their own floor.

Dark Knight
05-04-2008, 12:11 PM

may karamay pala ako dito. APIR! ;D

Dark Knight
05-04-2008, 12:12 PM

Same here.* ;)

Aba, tatlo na tayo. APIR ULI! :D

The_Big_Cat
05-04-2008, 12:26 PM

Same here.* ;)

Aba, tatlo na tayo. APIR ULI!* :D

High-five na lang para mas "macho" at convincing. ;D

MonL
05-04-2008, 01:01 PM

Spurs lose by a mile, 101-82. David West with 30 pts and CP3 with 17 pts and 13 assists broke down the Spurs. Duncan held to 5 pts.

Long series in the making?

marmand
05-04-2008, 01:11 PM

Spurs lose by a mile, 101-82. David West with 30 pts and CP3 with 17 pts and 13 assists broke down the Spurs. Duncan held to 5 pts.

Long series in the making?

6 or 7 games. Too close to call the winner. The Hornets played well but lets see if they can sustain it in game 2.

MonL
05-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Hornets shot more and shot better. Spurs outrebounded 50-34, 16-8 on the offensive end. Very telling stat. Chandler had 6 offensive out of his 15 total rebounds, on top of his usual 10 points and 3 blocks.. Duncan had only 3 rebounds and no other Spur grabbed more than 6.

marmand
05-04-2008, 01:40 PM
The question now is can they do it again and protect their home court. The experience and depth of the Spurs will take play as the series drags on. If the series ends in 4 or 5 games then the Hornets have the advantage but if it reaches ( what I expect ) 6 or 7 games then the advantage goes to the Spurs.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Nababanas ako dun sa PA sa NO Arena. Pag nakaka-shoot si CP3 palaging sumisigaw ng WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ala-Nature Boy Ric Flair.

I know gimik nila yun, pero come on... Luma na yun e saka may gumagamit na.

King_stag
05-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Is Howard seriously injured?

just a jammed finger. he'l be fine

The_Big_Cat
05-04-2008, 08:28 PM
I like the Hornets. Although its just the first game, they really raised eyebrows with todays game. Luckily for New Orleans, one advantage they have is the home court and I think this is enough for them to clinch this series.

Everybody is talking about Byron Scott getting back at Jason Kidd in the Dallas series. Well, you could add this as Byron Scott is determined to redeem himself against the awful finals series he had with the Nets against San Antonio in 2003.

erichubert
05-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Actually both West Series feature coaches who faced each other in the Finals before: Scott vs Popovich, Jackson vs Sloan.

marmand
05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Actually both West Series feature coaches who faced each other in the Finals before: Scott vs Popovich, Jackson vs Sloan.

A lot of sub plots. ;D

LION
05-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Boston mauling Atlanta non-stop.

72 -37, 2:31 left in the 3rd quarter. 35 pt. lead by the Celtics.

LION
05-05-2008, 02:58 AM
Boston lead now up to 38 points.

King_stag
05-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Get ready for a mouthful of bragging in the Prescon from pierce and KG ;D

LION
05-05-2008, 03:18 AM
Boston lead is 35 points with 6 mins left in the game. Garbage time already as Boston's combination of 2nd and 3rd stringers started the 4th quarter and maintaining the lead.

LION
05-05-2008, 03:37 AM
Final score, 99 - 65. Boston advances to the semi-final round.

It could have been a more than 50-point blow out if Doc Rivers did not sit out his starters in the 4th quarter.

stonecold316
05-05-2008, 04:38 AM
One more important fact.

If Boston lose to Atlanta and the Lakers win the title, i will imitate a fetal position in 3 weeks, will not post here for one month and change my username to "tsamba". :P

Tuparin mo yan. LA will win the title.

stonecold316

flsfnoeraekadad
05-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Atlanta: Annihilated

Dark Knight
05-05-2008, 08:17 AM
One more important fact.

If Boston lose to Atlanta and the Lakers win the title, i will imitate a fetal position in 3 weeks, will not post here for one month and change my username to "tsamba".* :P

stonecold316

Huh? Duh! ::)

Ok, what year will the lakers win the title? :P

Dark Knight
05-05-2008, 08:19 AM
GOOD NEWS!!

Boston bludgeoned Atlanta again with another 20+ lead. The Hawks looks amateur, geesh....... ;D

BAD NEWS

Lakers won. Nuff said. I dont want to dwell about it coz its not worth remembering. Who won? :D

Kid Cubao
05-05-2008, 08:40 AM
even with that 34 point blowout, boston must solve its inability to close out road games, or to put it simply, to score more points whenever they're away. the cavaliers, the celtics' next opponent, must be giddy with the prospect of stealing a victory in boston's home court, and that makes lebron james and his crew even more dangerous because THEY CAN. padapain lang nila kahit isang laro ang boston sa home court, ayos na ang buto-buto ;D

tigerman
05-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Wow! Kobe almost outscored the entire Utah team from the line. He shot 21 of 23 fts while the latter had 22 of 30.

That's the mvp validation, getting mvp calls. :)

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Jeep
05-05-2008, 08:53 AM
still too early to tell, but i am looking forward to a return to those celtics-lakers finals of the 1980s. those were the days of feeling like zombies at 3 AM as robert parrish, DJ, larry bird, and kevin mchale went head-to-head with kareem abdul-jabbar, kurt rambis, magic johnson, and james worthy.

this time around, another kevin is at the forefront of the celtics' new run to the top. but mr. garnett and his team must be able to win on the road -- and defend the homecourt as well -- if they are to remain serious contenders. this morning's blowout of atlanta will be meaningless if they can't win -- even just a squeaker of a win -- in hostile territory.

mighty_lion
05-05-2008, 08:56 AM
even with that 34 point blowout, boston must solve its inability to close out road games, or to put it simply, to score more points whenever they're away. the cavaliers, the celtics' next opponent, must be giddy with the prospect of stealing a victory in boston's home court, and that makes lebron james and his crew even more dangerous because THEY CAN. padapain lang nila kahit isang laro ang boston sa home court, ayos na ang buto-buto ;D

True. Mas lalong lalakas ang loob ng mga kalaban nila. I can forecast who will win in this Cavs-Celtics series pero may tulog ang Cs kay LBJ.

Sana ma-eliminate ng NO ang Spurs - from a bitter Suns fan. *;D

bluegirl
05-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Sana ma-eliminate ng NO ang Spurs - from a bitter Suns fan. ;D

1-0 na. sana nga! :D

from another bitter Suns fan hahaha

flsfnoeraekadad
05-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Still not a good game for the Lakers. Obviously a bit of rust. They led by 19 at one point and then they let the Jazz creep back to as close as to 4 points.

A win, but obviously they could have done better.

Dark Knight
05-05-2008, 10:01 AM
All Celtics have to do is shut LBJ down and they will advance to the next level. :D

Maybe Boston is much comfortable playing the Cavs than the Hawks.

erichubert
05-05-2008, 10:05 AM
I think it will be close, but they should advance unless Lebron comes up with a superhuman effort like what he did against the Pistons last year. I think the key for them is to keep the homecourt advantage, with their struggles on the road, winning at home is imperative.

erichubert
05-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Still not a good game for the Lakers. Obviously a bit of rust. They led by 19 at one point and then they let the Jazz creep back to as close as to 4 points.

Yes, lots of negatives in the game, specially the rebounding department, there is no way they should be outrebounded by 20 against any team. Good thing the Jazz were missing their shots.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM

Yes, lots of negatives in the game, specially the rebounding department, there is no way they should be outrebounded by 20 against any team. Good thing the Jazz were missing their shots.

Yeah they can't grab a freaking rebound to save their lives earlier. They made Okur (19 rebs) look like a Howard or a Camby on the rebounding aspect of the floor. :o :o :o

erichubert
05-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Good thing is they won, so it didn't hurt them but they need to improve come Game 2. Maybe they were sluggish from the long rest. Is it me or is their schedule weird, after this game they have a 2 day rest again before game 2, that also happened against Denver. It seems that the NBA is expecting them to sweep that is why they are trying to extend the series ;D ( Just Joking)

marmand
05-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I expect the Celtics to win it in 6 games. They probably win all their home games and win one at Cleveland.

dark_seid
05-05-2008, 10:29 AM
in the midst of the 3rd quarter when boston was laying the wood to the hawks, mike breen asked van gundy when should the celtics begin resting their starters. jeff replied, "by halftime."

classic :D

*that's why i actually stayed past the 3rd quarter of a blowout game to listen to their team do analysis and color. it's that good. :)

Kid Cubao
05-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I think it will be close, but they should advance unless Lebron comes up with a superhuman effort like what he did against the Pistons last year. I think the key for them is to keep the homecourt advantage, with their struggles on the road, winning at home is imperative.

yes i agree, but the celts should not succumb to the path of least resistance of defending their homecourt so they can afford to absorb the losses when they're away. they should be as hungry and determined playing on the road as they do at home. they should take care of the little things that spell the difference between a close victory and a sorry loss.

The_Big_Cat
05-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Boston and Cleveland leveled their regular season series matchup with 2-2.
LeBron James averaging a whopping 32.3 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 7apg.

Definitely Cleveland is much better team than Atlanta. Cleveland's veterans could matchup well with Boston.
I feel mahihirapan ang Boston dito. I think this will go to seven games unless Boston proves me wrong and win their first road game in game 3.

Go BEANTOWN!

marmand
05-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Good thing is they won, so it didn't hurt them but they need to improve come Game 2. Maybe they were sluggish from the long rest. Is it me or is their schedule weird, after this game they have a 2 day rest again before game 2, that also happened against Denver. It seems that the NBA is expecting them to sweep that is why they are trying to extend the series ;D ( Just Joking)

The NBA really wants to see a Boston vs. LA finals. ;D Ratings will go sky rocketing.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-05-2008, 10:48 AM
LA Times reports that Bynum might not return this season :(

But Ariza is probably coming back. Isang scan na lang at pag pumasa sya, larga na! ;D

marmand
05-05-2008, 10:52 AM
They should not rush Bynum back. Even if he can play, he might not be in game shape and might be a liability rather than an asset.

The_Big_Cat
05-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Bynum might follow the consequences Arenas took when he came early from injury.
Gasol can take care of the middle. He is not the 2006 World Basketball Championships MVP for nothing.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-05-2008, 11:08 AM
I-reserba na lang si Bynum for next season. Makakasira na yan sa player rotation e. Ariza might be needed for some help sa 2-3 spots so okay lang na ibalik yan.

Regarding the Boston-Cleveland series. I think it will go 7 games especially with what LeBron has been showing in the playoffs. I feel his supporting cast is better this time around compared last year with Wally, Delonte, and Boobie. The frontline can match up as well with Joe Smith, Big Ben, Big Z, and Varejao to compare with KG, Perk, Big Baby, PJ Brown, and Leon Powe. The Big Three should step up big time and as what KG had said in his post game interview that the C's need consistency to survive in the playoffs.

marmand
05-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Imagine a Hornets vs. Lakers, West Finals ( 1 vs. 2 ) while Celtics vs. Pistons ( 1 vs. 2 ) Did this ever happen before where all top seeds made it to the conference finals?

The_Big_Cat
05-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Cleveland has a good mixture of young blood and veterans with LeBron leading the way.

Boston is the NBA's number 1 defensive team this regular season. Points allowed (#2), Opponents FG% (#1), Opponents 3pt FG% (#1) and point differential (#1).

The Celtics defense will be tested in this series. Boston might change its starting lineup to be able to guard LeBron defensively. Rivers might insert Posey because you don't want Pierce exhausting his energy guarding James.

King_stag
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Guys try to view this one, maybe the worst call of the year for any team. This is the game opener between detroit and orlando

http://www.need4sheed.com/videos/may_04_08_foul.html

marmand
05-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Cleveland must get support from Wally, Delonte and Daniel. Their scoring will help keep Lebron from getting triple team.

The_Big_Cat
05-05-2008, 01:34 PM
If you look Cleveland's starting guards West and Wally. They are way taller and athletic. This could very well be exploited by the Cavs especially if they post Wally against Ray Allen. Not to mention Pierce guarding LeBron.

I see Boston inserting James Posey in the starting lineup in place of Ray Allen. So you could move Pierce to Wally and let James Posey guard LeBron James.

This could be one hell of complicated matchups for Boston rather than Cleveland..

erichubert
05-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I doubt Boston would tamper with their starting line-up right now. Posey would get his chance guarding Lebron but he won't start, Pierce should get first chance to guard the King. I think that if Cleveland's shooters connect in this series, it would be a long hard series for Boston.

Bynum won't be rushed back, and I think he has already been shut down for the season, no sense in bringing him back in the middle of the play-offs while not in game shape. For this Utah series, Ariza is more important than Bynum, because he can guard Deron.

marmand
05-05-2008, 01:50 PM
If you look Cleveland's starting guards West and Wally. They are way taller and athletic. This could very well be exploited by the Cavs especially if they post Wally against Ray Allen. Not to mention Pierce guarding LeBron.

I see Boston inserting James Posey in the starting lineup in place of Ray Allen. So you could move Pierce to Wally and let James Posey guard LeBron James.

This could be one hell of complicated matchups for Boston rather than Cleveland..

If all the new pieces of the Cavs do what they are suppose to do then LBJ can do his stuff by the 4th quarter. If at the start , there are no support in offense then the Cavs are in serious trouble. If the score is close at the end of the third, the Cavs have a better chance of taking the game rather than trying to catch up from a big deficit.

Dark Knight
05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Close Captions* ;D

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dqL10B1Q1e6E/610x.jpg

Garnett : "pareng Pierce, magpatalo naman tayo para isiping hirap tayo sa Hawks"

Pierce : "sige pero wag tayo patambak sa homecourt nila"

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09mC5sU3lQ7tE/610x.jpg

Pierce/Garnett : "ang saya saya!! pinatikim lang ng panalo, akala kaya na tayo. tingnan mo scoreboard, 34 points na ang lamang, haha"

:D :D :D

mighty_lion
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Looks like its the end of D Antoni's tenure in Phoenix. If this means goodbye run&gun and seven seconds or less system I dont know what team to root for next. D'Ant is either Chicago or NY bound. Damn, I dont want to root for Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry and I doubt they are the right players for run and gun. ;D Chicago siguro pwede pa.

Oh my Suns.... set again. :'(

erichubert
05-05-2008, 03:55 PM
From the looks of it Chicago is the front runner for him, he likes the players they have there and thinks that they can fit his system. New York is a possibility specially if they can draft Derrick Rose and trade either Curry or Randolph, actually they should trade both but that would be close to impossible.

Toronto is a darkhorse, if they decide to fire Mitchell, then I think without a doubt they would become the front runner. If you look at their roster, parang Suns din dati although poor man's version lang nga. Ford, Bosh, Kapono, Moon, Parker parang Nash, Amare, Bell and Marion. I just mean they play similarly, syempre ibang level sila Nash.

stonecold316
05-05-2008, 04:40 PM
One more important fact.

If Boston lose to Atlanta and the Lakers win the title, :P

Huh? Duh! ::)

Ok, what year will the lakers win the title? :P

Kakain ka ng alikabok kapag nanalo ng NBA title ang LAKERS.

Di ka ata marunong kumilatis kung sinong team ang malakas sa NBA ngayon? Masyadong bilib sa Boston hahaha!
;D ;D ;D

Eto na lang, tuparin mo na lang ang sinabi mo na kapag nanalo ang LA ng title:
(i will imitate a fetal position in 3 weeks, will not post here for one month and change my username to
"tsamba".

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
05-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Toronto is a darkhorse, if they decide to fire Mitchell, then I think without a doubt they would become the front runner. If you look at their roster, parang Suns din dati although poor man's version lang nga. Ford, Bosh, Kapono, Moon, Parker parang Nash, Amare, Bell and Marion. I just mean they play similarly, syempre ibang level sila Nash.

Jerry Colangelo is the Raptors' GM. He was with the Suns before leaving to take the Toronto job. It was Colangelo who hired Mike D'Antoni and traded to get Nash.

stonecold316
05-05-2008, 05:18 PM

Jerry Colangelo is the Raptors' GM. He was with the Suns before leaving to take the Toronto job. It was Colangelo who hired Mike D'Antoni and traded to get Nash.

With their history together there is no reason for D'Antoni not to take the Toronto head coaching job.

stonecold316

The_Big_Cat
05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
With their history together, there is no reason for D'Antoni not to take the Toronto head coaching job.

stonecold316

Maybe? or maybe not? Let us wait and see.
It is now the offseason for D'Antoni and he's got a lot of time to think about his future.

erichubert
05-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I think Toronto is a perfect place for European basketball followers like D'Antoni, not only is the management European with Maurizio Gherardini as assistant GM, there are also a lot of International players in the roster like Bargnani, Calderon, Nesterovic and even Parker who is an Euro League vet. Maurizio was D'Antoni's manager in Benetton in the European League.

Interesting tidbit: D'Antoni was a former coach of Denver but was fired in the year 2000-2001. With the high octane offense Denver plays right now, wouldn't it be great if D'Antoni instead of Karl was the coach.

mighty_lion
05-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I read somewhere that Denver is also a front runner for Denver and there is a possiblity trade that will revolve around Nash for Iverson.

The_Big_Cat
05-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Interesting tidbit: D'Antoni was a former coach of Denver but was fired in the year 2000-2001. With the high octane offense Denver plays right now, wouldn't it be great if D'Antoni instead of Karl was the coach.

Denver is one of the top scoring teams in the NBA during the regular season but their problem is team defense.
The Nuggets might need a defense-oriented coach.

marmand
05-05-2008, 07:15 PM

Denver is one of the top scoring teams in the NBA during the regular season but their problem is team defense.
The Nuggets might need a defense-oriented coach.

Speaking of the Nuggets, They as a team rank as one of the worst in the defensive statistics of the league yet they are rumored to be shopping Camby around. ( Camby is their best defensive stopper. )

Dark Knight
05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
post deleted in response to Mr. Faster Than The Speeding Bullet Poster Of Obvious Posts.

Since im rooting for Boston, i cant help but think even for a bit kung bakit di ako marunong kumilatis ng malakas na team when the Celtics had the best record in the NBA.

And one more thing............WE CANT CHANGE OUR USERNAME. in case you dont get it.* ::) :P

Last hurrah........nakakain na ko ng alikabok.* ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Basta ako, Lakers pa din kahit anong mangyari.

Ayos.

Raging Blue
05-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Chris Paul should have been named coach of the year instead of Byron Scott. The former's MVP-worthy season made the latter look very good.

But seriously, give Scott credit for defining the roles of the other Hornet players around this super talented point guard. The result speaks for itself.

CM_Punk
05-05-2008, 11:19 PM

It is actually Bryan Colangelo who is currently the GM and President of the Toronto Raptors. Jerry Colangelo, his father, is still with the Phoenix Suns.

The_Big_Cat
05-06-2008, 10:35 AM

It is actually Bryan Colangelo who is currently the GM and President of the Toronto Raptors. Jerry Colangelo, his father, is still with the Phoenix Suns.

Yes. I stand corrected. Thank you.

King_stag
05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Detroit is up 2-0, Mr. Big shot fired 28 points, his best game so far in the playoffs :D

erichubert
05-06-2008, 11:42 AM
New Orleans look like they are going to go up 2-0 as well. They are making the Spurs look old.

I think Denver really needs to look at their roster and their coach, obviously they have a lot of good pieces there but they don't have chemistry. All-Star line-up nga, pero walang definite roles.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm scared of the Hornets. I can't believe I'm actually saying this.

marmand
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
The Hornets are for real. If they can get one in San Antonio then Its bye-bye Spurs.

marmand
05-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Detroit is up 2-0, Mr. Big shot fired 28 points, his best game so far in the playoffs :D

This series is over. Pistons in 5.

Joescoundrel
05-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Chris Paul totally shreds the supposedly airtight San Antonio defense with 30 points and 12 assists to lead his Hornets to a 102-84 victory over the so-called defending champions. New Orleans is now up 2-0 in a series that many believed would be a sweep, or at best five games, for the Spurs. Peja Stojacovic came through with 25 points while David West added 10 points and 10 boards and some tough D on Tim Duncan. Duncan still led the Spurs with 18 points and eight boards after a five point game in Game 1.

The_Big_Cat
05-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Chris Paul was fantastic today. 11/20 FG, 30 pts and 12 assts. He was unstoppable on the pick-en-rolls.
Tim Duncan rebounded from an awful game1 while David West was struggling with only 10pts and 10 rebs.
Peja Stojakovic took the cudgels from West and had 25 pts.

Although the Spurs had success in limiting David West they failed to stop the Hornets' other weapons.
Everybody is talking how old the Suns looked when the Spurs eliminated them in the first round. Well, San Antonio looked old in these two games against a rising young New Orleans.

erichubert
05-06-2008, 01:46 PM
That is still not the Tim Duncan of old, 18 pts 8 rebs? Di pwede yun against a young team that is full of momentum right now. Maybe just maybe that Phoenix series against Shaq did take a toll on him. I don't see them coming back in this series, mukhang Hornets na ito.

marmand
05-06-2008, 01:55 PM
The Hornets must win one at San Antonio before we can say good bye to the Spurs. The Spurs still have experience and depth to make a come back. The Hornets are for real but all they did was to protect their home court. To be branded as the " Team to beat " they must beat the Spurs at San Antonio. If the Spurs rally to win the next two at home, who knows how they will play the 5th game.

erichubert
05-06-2008, 01:59 PM
It was not just a matter of holding court, it was the manner in which they disposed of San Antonio, two impressive routs. But for the sake of the NBA, sana makabalik ang Spurs, I am still craving for one close classic series this year. Celtics-Hawks was good but the games in Boston were boring routs.

mighty_lion
05-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Sana ma-eliminate ng NO ang Spurs - from a bitter Suns fan.* ;D

2-0. Hehe. Keep it coming Paul.

from a bitter Suns fan smiling big time. *;D

marmand
05-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Case in point: Celtics vs. Hawks. Celtics won games 1 and 2 by a huge margin and almost everyone was saying sweep then the rest is history. In this case the Spurs are still the defending champs and are much stronger then the Hawks for them not to take care of their home court. The Hornets are good but let us see how they will play at San Antonio. Win one game and the series is theirs. ( or theirs to lose )

bluegirl
05-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Sana ma-eliminate ng NO ang Spurs - from a bitter Suns fan. ;D

2-0. Hehe. Keep it coming Paul.

from a bitter Suns fan smiling big time. ;D

i won't ask for a sweep, basta ma-out lang spurs. haha bonus pa na isa sa back up teams ko ang NO :D

erichubert
05-06-2008, 02:19 PM
A sweep might be hard, pero if they do sweep, I would say they would be a scary team to face (I also can't believe I am saying that). The talent level in the NBA is just phenomenal right now, imagine:

Chris Paul- Isiah Thomas
Kobe- MJ
Lebron- Oscar Robertson
Dwight- Bill Russell
Tim Duncan- Karl Malone

meron pa sila Nash, Wade, Melo, AI, T-Mac na na-out na.

King_stag
05-06-2008, 02:26 PM
The scheduling heavily favors detroit, if they eliminate orlando within 5 games they can still rest for a couple of days before the eastern conference finals.
The series between CLE and BOS is quite exciting too, will the c's dominate or will LBJ take it to another level? only one thing i can say. CLEAR THE RUNWAY FOR THE L-TRAIN!! ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Chris Paul- Isiah Thomas
Kobe- MJ
Lebron- Oscar Robertson
Dwight- Bill Russell
Tim Duncan- Karl Malone

Isiah Thomas was more of a scorer and has 2 rings
Michael Jordan is the more versatile since MJ was a many-time member of the All-Defensive team and has 6 rings.
The Big O averaged triple-double numbers in 1 season and 1 ring.
Bill Russell is more of a defensive player and has 11 rings in his fingers; and
Malone had Stockton (NBA all-time assist leader) to pass those balls to him plus 2 olympic gold medals (1992, 1996)
:)

tigerman
05-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Re: Boston vs. Cleveland

As to who would guard Lebron, I got to agree that Rivers won't destroy his starting 5 just to have a better defender on Lebron. Pierce would have the 1st crack followed by Posey and maybe Tony Allen. We might even see Rivers take a page out of Karl's playbook... Imagine KG on Lebron similar to the Kenyon on Kobe strategy... ;D

Re: San Antonio vs. New Orleans
I actually predicted the Spurs winning the series in 6 so I'm still within my bold prediction. :) But oh my the Hornets have won the first 2 games via huge winning margins... Let's see if Byron can finally get back at Pop.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
That is a good idea, if that happens, Garnett's Defensive player of the year award would severely tested. I think that would be a good match-up too, Pierce can switch and guard Ben Wallace, heck I think anybody can guard Ben Wallace. Boston is the number one defensive team in the league, so they should be ready for Lebron. For me the key is just to let him give up the ball, double him, trap him or deny him the ball, but just allow his teammates to take the shots, if they make it then good for them, but most possibly they won't make it in every game.

tigerman
05-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Or just let Lebron take all the jumpshots and not allow him to penetrate due to 2 reasons.

1. He's more deadly when driving to the lane because of either; a) his ability to take the contact and still make the shot or b) pass the ball to his open teammate.
2. For me his outside shooting is not yet in the level of a Kobe or even MJ. Not unless he makes a repeat performance of his game 5 play last year vs. Detroit.

Boston may also do a hack-a-Lebron during crunchtime.* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
05-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Before, I would agree that his free throws and outside shooting is weak, but he has improved significantly this year. Hack-a-Lebron definitely won't work, but maybe you can allow him to shoot the outside shots in the endgame instead of letting him drive, but at the start, you should throw him off his rhythm by doubling him all the time. Leave Ben Wallace, that guy can't shoot anyway.

tigerman
05-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Or let him play on both ends of the court... Whoever he's guarding (either Pierce or Rayray) should be aggressive on offense.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
05-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Im saying this time and again, NO vs LA in Western Finals. Hornets in 6. :D

cub
05-06-2008, 06:38 PM

Lakers will beat the Hornets. again, im a kobe hater, but we have to face the realities.

MonL
05-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Celtics-Hawks was good but the games in Boston were boring routs.

Boring if you're not Celtic faithful. It's been a long time coming.* ;D

A telling stat in the Hornets-Spurs series is the margin of victory each had over the other in their regular season series, split at 2-2, the wins being road wins:

The Spurs won by an average of 10 pts over the Hornets; The Hornets won by blowout margins of 24+.

Seems like the trend is continuing. Let's see if the Hornets win big time on the road.

The_Big_Cat
05-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Paul Pierce struggling early in the first quarter, picking two quick fouls.
Rondo scoring 8 pts while Garnett 12 pts in the first quarter.
LeBron struggling early with his shots and with the Celtics' defense particularly James Posey.

bluegirl
05-07-2008, 10:39 AM
as long as NO defends their home court, walang magiging problema kasi homecourt advantage na sila eh.

erichubert
05-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Parang hindi si Lebron ang naglaro kanina ah, 12 pts 9 rebs 9 assts 10 turnovers, 2-18 from the field. What an ugly game, but credit to both team's defense din. Allen was scoreless, Pierce had 4 pts. Sayang si Lebron dapat quadruple double na ;D

Dark Knight
05-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Ugly win by Boston. May tulog ang Celtics. Hirap na hirap.

But a win is a win no matter how you win it so 1-0 for the Celtics.

erichubert
05-07-2008, 11:06 AM
I think Boston was lucky to win given the terrible game for Pierce and Allen but they also had to win given Lebron's rare off-night. I think every game of this series can be like this, low scoring, physical and close. Imagine if Boston faces Detroit in the East finals, baka nasa 50s na lang ang scoring :D

tigerman
05-07-2008, 11:45 AM
The Cavs should have taken advantage of Pierce and Allen's lackluster games earlier and the fact that they were well-rested unlike the Celtics. Game 1 was their best chance of stealing one in the TD Banknorth Garden.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
05-07-2008, 11:46 AM
^^Yes you're correct. I'm a Boston fan. But the Celtics were very lucky to get the win today.

An awful performance for Ray Allen with 0 points while Paul Pierce had only 4 pts.
Paul Pierce had trouble guarding LeBron James early in the first quarter picking up 2 quick fouls. Pierce's defense on LeBron took away his offensive game today as i have expected. The same goes for Ray Allen, struggling against the much taller Wally both on offense and defense.

As I have said previously, I would rather take the risk of bringing in Posey in the starting spot and let Ray Allen come off the bench. Posey and Tony Allen could take turns in guarding LeBron James. Luckily for Paul Pierce, LeBron struggled today. Kumakain ng alikabok si Paul sa opensa ni LeBron at nawala si Pierce totally this game.

Kevin Garnett proved why he was an MVP contender as he carried Boston today with 28 points. KG was the MVP for Boston in the Atlanta series.

marmand
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
The game was for the Cavs, they especially LBJ did not take advantage. See what Cassell can do. His 3 pt shots and perimeter scoring was crucial when the Cavs were leading.

marmand
05-07-2008, 11:50 AM
as long as NO defends their home court, walang magiging problema kasi homecourt advantage na sila eh.

It would be best if they win one on the road. Playing game 7 against the defending champion, even at their home court is very dangerous.

The_Big_Cat
05-07-2008, 11:55 AM
It would be best if they win one on the road. Playing game 7 against the defending champion, even at their home court is very dangerous.

I feel the Hornets could win this one against San Antonio. They really look formidable.
Let us just see what New Orleans can do on the road in game 3.

Dark Knight
05-07-2008, 12:09 PM
So 3 superstars had an off night. James, Pierce, Allen. Good thing Garnett pulled thru. Thats the advantage of having 3 superstars in your team. When the other two flunked, there is still one to carry the load.

Cavs had only James to rely on. Sure Ilgauskas had a great game but it wasnt enough.

Now the Celtics will be more confident going to Game 2 while the Cavs mentality will boil down to "nakakahinayang".

erichubert
05-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I think would take Pierce's offgame on offense if Lebron would continue to struggle like that. They are deeper and have more weapons anyway. For Cleveland, who would stop KG? If he plays like this, he could carry the team all the way to the next round. Plus Sam Cassell finally woke up and played big in the end game.

In my opinion, the two coaches in this series are the most inferior among coaches left in the play-offs. It has been said that the only weakness of Boston is Doc, who tends to struggle in play-offs because he is slow in adjustments. Mike Brown is good but just not good enough, he defers too much to Lebron, in end game situations, his play would be just to give it to Lebron. Cleveland needs a better coach to lead Lebron to the championship.

coreytaylor
05-07-2008, 12:13 PM

Lakers will beat the Hornets. again, im a kobe hater, but we have to face the realities.

yep! and detroit will beat the lakers in the finals again...i will forever be a kobe hater and i hope this will happen again :P

marmand
05-07-2008, 12:55 PM
The best case scenario for the NBA would still be Celtics vs. Lakers Finals showdown but unless the Spurs are ousted, they are still the favorites to win it all even if they are 0-2 vs. the Hornets. In the East, Watch out for the Pistons.

coreytaylor
05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
^ alam ko namang makakabawi pa ang spurs dahil homecourt na nila (games 3&4) pero come to think of it, the spurs NEVER won a playoff series whenever their down 0-2 based on their franchise history. pero, bilog pa rin ang bula... i hope they will break this trend.* ;D

marmand
05-07-2008, 01:15 PM
^ Having Tony, Manu and Tim plus a deep bench, Dangerous pa rin ang Spurs and I still believe they will win the series in 6 or 7 games.

coreytaylor
05-07-2008, 01:23 PM
^syempre naman. i never doubt the spurs as long buhay pa sila sa playoffs. para sa akin, sila lang kasi pwdeng tumalo sa lakers sa playoffs in the west. sa east naman, detroit baby!

erichubert
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Iba talaga ang Lakers at si Kobe, usually we all have our favorites that we root for, pero sa kanila marami yung rooting against them so reverse ang fanbase nila :D Nagpapadagdag sila sa fans ng ibang teams :D

Any team can beat the Lakers, kahit Jazz and NO or Celtics sa East. Right now, it is really about who would peak at the right time and carry the momentum through out the remainder of the play-offs.

Dark Knight
05-07-2008, 02:27 PM
KING CLANGS (from Yahoo)

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2008/05/ipt/1210130086.jpg

Too early to tell. Cavs can even the series. I like this photo personally.* ;D

The pic said it all for the Cavs.

Dark Knight
05-07-2008, 02:31 PM
IMO, the Lakers have the biggest fanbase in the Philippines. They are the most popular team. Celebrities root for them (ask Jack Nicholson ;D). Every Filipino celebrity being interviewed say they're Lakers fan. Evry people i run to are Lakers fan.

The analogy is simple really.

LA Lakers = Bgy. Ginebra

Kobe Bryant = Mark Caguioa

:D ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-07-2008, 02:32 PM
^^LeBron James will surely bounce back strong in game 2.

The King has not left the building yet. ;D

Dark Knight
05-07-2008, 02:33 PM
^^LeBron James will surely bounce back strong in game 2.

The King has not left the building yet. ;D

Still absorbing the shock of their loss? :D

stonecold316
05-07-2008, 03:11 PM

Hello! La will beat the crap out of Chris Paul and New Orleans.

Again, hindi lang best record ang basehan para sabihin na kaw ang the best sa NBA or sa iba pang liga.

Example was the Dallas and Golden State series last year.

UE vs DLSU finals last year

and the UST vs Ateneo title series in 2006.

I can go on and on just to prove my point.

Boston may have the best record in the NBA but the NBA play-offs is different thing. Kung malagpasan man nila ang Cleveland, they still have to go through either Detroit or Orlando and those two teams are no patsies. Mahirap na kalaban yan. Manalo muna sila sa Eastern Conference before they think of the NBA Finals.

Anyway. LAKERS ang mananalo ng NBA finals. PEACE!

:D :D :D

stonecold316

coreytaylor
05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
IMO, the Lakers have the biggest fanbase in the Philippines. They are the most popular team. Celebrities root for them (ask Jack Nicholson ;D). Every Filipino celebrity being interviewed say they're Lakers fan. Evry people i run to are Lakers fan.*

The analogy is simple really.

LA Lakers = Bgy. Ginebra

Kobe Bryant = Mark Caguioa

:D* ;D

ot: saktung-sakto dude! mark caguioa and brgy. ginebra hater din ako! wahahaha! go red bull & air21!

coreytaylor
05-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Iba talaga ang Lakers at si Kobe, usually we all have our favorites that we root for, pero sa kanila marami yung rooting against them so reverse ang fanbase nila* :D Nagpapadagdag sila sa fans ng ibang teams* :D

Any team can beat the Lakers, kahit Jazz and NO or Celtics sa East. Right now, it is really about who would peak at the right time and carry the momentum through out the remainder of the play-offs.

true, these teams can beat them. sabi ko nga from my previous post, any team will do basta tatalunin nila ang lakers. but san antonio and detroit are more capable of defeating them. hehe

Mateen Cleaves
05-07-2008, 03:31 PM
One important thing to remember, the Eastern Conference will have homecourt advantage in the Finals if either Boston or Detroit get there.

erichubert
05-07-2008, 03:36 PM
There are teams who just elicit controversial reactions from people, the Lakers, Yankees, Duke Blue Devils etc. They usually do because they are the most glamorous teams and because they are usually successful. So I think Laker fans should be flattered that a lot of people are praying for our team's loss, it just means we are back in championship form and that we are that much closer to regaining the championship.

coreytaylor
05-07-2008, 03:42 PM
^yep, lakers fans should be happy. anyway, i dont really hate the the lakers. i just hate kobe. since i am a kobe hater and the la lakers is kobe's team, this only means the same thing: i hate the lakers! bwahahaha! im not making any sense anymore... basta, im rooting for the kobe-led lakers to lose in the playoffs! ggrrrrr!* ;D

aircanda
05-07-2008, 05:57 PM
There are teams who just elicit controversial reactions from people, the Lakers, Yankees, Duke Blue Devils etc. They usually do because they are the most glamorous teams and because they are usually successful. So I think Laker fans should be flattered that a lot of people are praying for our team's loss, it just means we are back in championship form and that we are that much closer to regaining the championship.

well said pare! madaming ayaw sa kanila dahil tinatalo ang teams nila..apir!

mga pareng corey at dark knight.. mvp na si kobe.. malamang eh sapul na sapul kayo.. :D

if you can beat him.. join him na lang pre! hehehe peace mga bro! :D

The_Big_Cat
05-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Glamour team is the LA Lakers. If only nasa Boston ang Hollywood, then we could see all those blockbuster celebrities watching every Celtics game. :)

marmand
05-07-2008, 07:15 PM
The rivalry itself is something to look forward to. In the 80's , The Celtics vs. Lakers was like ADMU vs. DLSU to us today. Its a big thing and by reviving it this season, could do wonders for the NBA.

MonL
05-07-2008, 08:19 PM
The rivalry itself is something to look forward to. In the 80's , The Celtics vs. Lakers was like ADMU vs. DLSU to us today. Its a big thing and by reviving it this season, could do wonders for the NBA.

In the 1984 Finals, Kevin McHale clotheslined a fastbreaking Kurt Rambis in Game 4 at the Forum, triggering a bench clearing incident that changed the complexion of the finals the rest of the way.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ

Rondo's takedown in the*Celtics-Hawks series looked severe though Marvin Williams actually held on to him to cushion the fall somewhat.* *Rambis' takedown was a freefall worthy of MaxEx. ;D

I can only imagine the bad blood that will be resurrected if that happened in a Celtics-Lakers finals once more, fines and sanctions notwithstanding.

jayverns
05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Celtics vs. Lakers? wow maganda nga yun, tapos matatalo ang Lakers!!! wahahaha ang saya!!!

flsfnoeraekadad
05-07-2008, 09:54 PM

Amen!!! Let's go LAKERS!!!

;D

Dramatic story ito, magchachampion tayo ng wala si Bynum this year, tapos next year, dudurugin natin silang lahat. BWAHAHA!!! 8)

Dark Knight
05-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Common guys, this is becoming a Lakers vs Celtics thread.* ;D

Ok, by my count, there are 4 die hardLakers fans here

flsfnoeraekadad
erichubert
The Big Cat
aircandia

and 4 anti Lakers

yours truly
coreytaylor
jayverns
marmand

undecided

cub - self confessed Kobe hater but believe Lakers will win the title

This is going to be a lot of fun. No serious tirades. Were all peaceful persons here ???. But im warning you, If Lakers win the title, gas prices will reach 120 pesos per liter. Rice prices will skyrocket to 229.80 per kilo.* :P :D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Anti-Lakers A.K.A. Celtic Fans. ;D ;D ;D

aircanda
05-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Common guys, this is becoming a Lakers vs Celtics thread. ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
erichubert
The Big Cat
aircandia

and 4 anti Lakers

yours truly
coreytaylor
jayverns
marmand

undecided

This is going to be a lot of fun. No serious tirades. Were all peaceful persons here ???. But im warning you, If Lakers win the title, gas prices will reach 120 pesos per liter. Rice prices will skyrocket to 229.80 per kilo. :P :D

bro it's aircanda.. ;D .. hehehe... anyway.. like you guys, i was once an Anti-Kobe guy, especially when Shaq moved to Miami.. I've just learned to appreciate Kobe when he learns to pass and trust to his teammates, and take over when needed.. na hindi nio naman naappreciate at nakita. hehehe.. ;D ...

Im not really a Lakers fan.. subject ako ni The King, pero if Boston and LA would meet in the finals.. i would root for the Lakers.. mas masarap makitang patayin ng isang bida ang 3 kontrabida.. ;D peace

marmand
05-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Common guys, this is becoming a Lakers vs Celtics thread. ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
erichubert
The Big Cat
aircandia

and 4 anti Lakers

yours truly
coreytaylor
jayverns
marmand

undecided

This is going to be a lot of fun. No serious tirades. Were all peaceful persons here ???. But im warning you, If Lakers win the title, gas prices will reach 120 pesos per liter. Rice prices will skyrocket to 229.80 per kilo. :P :D

One each na lang kulang, pwede na mag 5 on 5. ;D Lakers vs. the rest of the World ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-08-2008, 10:28 AM
^ You're keeping track, Marmand. ;D

I like the Lakers. But if you pit the Lakers against my Celtics, I will go with Boston. :)

The_Big_Cat
05-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Orlando notched their first win in the second round. Reducing the Pistons series lead to 2-1. Rashard Lewis was brilliant in his offensive game while Howard was dominating the paint.

Side note: Billups had a strained hamstring in the second quarter.

erichubert
05-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I have always been a Lakers and Kobe fan, and even in the dark ages of their careers, I have remained a fan. I am not really expecting them to win the title right away this year, I am just very happy that at least they have a legitimate shot and if they play well, they can win it. I also love it that so many people are against them, it makes winning so much better. :D

marmand
05-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Orlando notched their first win in the second round. Reducing the Pistons series lead to 2-1. Rashard Lewis was brilliant in his offensive game while Howard was dominating the paint.

Side note: Billups had a strained hamstring in the second quarter.

If the injury does not sideline Billups, then I still see this series to end by game 5.

marmand
05-08-2008, 02:27 PM
^ You're keeping track, Marmand. ;D

I like the Lakers. But if you pit the Lakers against my Celtics, I will go with Boston. :)

Its fun to revive the rivalry. Although I am neither a Celtics Fan nor a Laker fan, the rivalry is/was always fun to watch.

marmand
05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I have always been a Lakers and Kobe fan, and even in the dark ages of their careers, I have remained a fan. I am not really expecting them to win the title right away this year, I am just very happy that at least they have a legitimate shot and if they play well, they can win it. I also love it that so many people are against them, it makes winning so much better. :D

This year is their best chance for a championship. The road to the finals is not as tough considering that some teams like the Suns and Mavs ( Rockets ;D ) are out. Sure, the Spurs and Hornets are still there but by getting the top spot, they coasted in the first round which is giving them that extra boost in the 2nd round.

stonecold316
05-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Para sa mga Kobe Haters:
MVP po ang best player of the world.

Kobe receives MVP trophy prior to Game 2 vs Jazz
05/08/2008 | 11:29 AM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us LOS ANGELES - Lakers star Kobe Bryant received his MVP trophy from NBA commissioner David Stern in a brief ceremony before Los Angeles faced Utah in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals Wednesday night.

"I'm at a loss for words, I don't know what to say," Bryant said as the Staples Center crowd of 18,997 roared its approval and chanted M-V-P. "I love you guys so much. We're going to play until June. Let's get this party started."

The 29-year-old Bryant was a runaway winner of his first MVP award, receiving 82 first-place votes and 1,100 points to far outdistance New Orleans' Chris Paul in the voting of 126 media members. The results were announced Tuesday

Following the presentation, Bryant's wife and two young daughters presented him with a bouquet of flowers at center court. - AP

stonecold316
05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
eto pa ang isa, sisiw ang Jazz.
::) ::) ::)

MVP Bryant leads Lakers past Jazz for 2-0 lead
05/08/2008 | 01:43 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Lakers celebrated Kobe Bryant's MVP award the best way possible.

Bryant had 34 points, eight rebounds and six assists Wednesday night, and the Lakers beat the Utah Jazz 120-110 to take a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference semifinals and remain the NBA's only unbeaten team in the postseason.

The series shifts to Utah for Games 3 and 4 on Friday night and Sunday. The Jazz had an NBA-best 37-4 home record this season, but one of the losses was by 11 points to the Lakers on March 20.

Bryant received his Most Valuable Player trophy from NBA commissioner David Stern in a brief ceremony before the game.

"I'm at a loss for words, I don't know what to say," Bryant said as the Staples Center crowd of 18,997 roared its approval and chanted M-V-P. "I love you guys so much. We're going to play until June. Let's get this party started."

The 29-year-old Bryant was a runaway winner of his first MVP award, receiving 82 first-place votes and 1,100 points to far outdistance New Orleans' Chris Paul in the voting of 126 media members. The results were announced Tuesday.

Following the presentation, Bryant's wife and two young daughters gave him with a bouquet of flowers at center court.

Derek Fisher, who played for Utah last season, added 22 points, Pau Gasol scored 20, and Lamar Odom had 19 points and 16 rebounds for the Lakers, who shot 57.4 percent from the field and made 35 free throws 22 more than the Jazz.

Seven Utah players scored in double figures, led by Deron Williams, who had 25 points, including three 3-pointers in the final minute, and 10 assists. Paul Millsap added a career playoff-high 17 points and 10 rebounds, Mehmet Okur scored 16 points and Andrei Kirilenko added 14. Okur and Kirilenko both fouled out in the final minute.

Carlos Boozer was held to 10 points all in the second half. He played less than seven minutes in the first half because of foul trouble.

The Jazz outrebounded the Lakers 58-41 in Game 1, but lost 109-98. They won the battle of the backboards again 41-37, but shot 44.6 percent while attempting a season-high 101 shots 33 more than Los Angeles.

The Jazz outscored the Lakers 11-4 to get within five points with just under six minutes to play. But a jumper by Sasha Vujacic, a 3-pointer by Fisher and a free throw by Gasol extended the Lakers' lead to 105-94 with 4:26 left.

A three-point play by Kirilenko made it 107-99 before Bryant fed Gasol for a dunk with 2:40 to go, and the Jazz weren't closer than six points after that.

The Jazz drew within nine points early in the third quarter before Bryant outscored them 9-4 by himself to make it 82-68. A 3-pointer by Williams with 1.5 seconds left in the third quarter trimmed the Lakers' lead to 93-83.

The Lakers led 55-40 before Williams made a 3-pointer for his only points of the first half. It was 63-49 at halftime, and it might have been worse for the Jazz had Millsap not scored 13 points three more than his previous playoff high.

Williams and Boozer combined to average 39.9 points during the regular season and 35.8 points in Utah's first seven playoff games. They totaled three points in the first half of Game 2.

The Lakers made their first six shots, but trailed by one before Bryant scored six points and Odom added four during a 13-0 run that gave them a 25-13 lead. Boozer left with two fouls and Utah coach Jerry Sloan picked up a technical before Ronnie Brewer's jumper ended the spurt.

The Jazz drew within eight before two 3-pointers by Fisher and a basket by Ronny Turiaf made it 33-18 at the end of the first quarter. Boozer was scoreless when he went to the bench again just 19 seconds into the second quarter after picking up his third foul, and didn't return until the second half. - AP

erichubert
05-08-2008, 02:42 PM
This year, of course there is a chance, but what is worrying me with the team is the absence of Bynum, as we can see here in the Jazz series, they are rather soft inside without Bynum.

In related news, Bynum might need surgery with his knee, well I just hope if he does need to go under the knife, he does it right away, I am really puzzled with his condition, what was supposed to be a 8-12 week injury, has now become 20 weeks and even more!