04-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Pop, back in 2003

Thanks.

marmand
04-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Lakers up 2-0 on the Nuggets. Lakers-Jazz? ;D

tigerman
04-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Byron Scott has done a terrific job at New Orleans. Who would have it thought the Hornets would take the number 2 seed in the West after the regular season.

He has led the New Jersey Nets to two finals appearance (2002 & 2003). Indeed the common factor there is the point guards (Kidd & Paul). You have also two consider he played shooting guard in the showtime Lakers in the 1980s.

I think Byron Scott is a frontrunner to win this year's Coach of the Year. And
Hedo Turkoglu as the Most Improved Player of the Year.

This is the right time for Byron Scott to prove his worth as the headcoach. He led NJ to back-to-back NBA finals but many people gave credit to Eddie Jordan (who was Byron's assistant back then) more than him.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Kid Cubao
04-24-2008, 02:14 PM
^^ yes, eddie jordan and lawrence frank. early in his head coaching career, byron scott was "criticized" for being too laid back and for delegating too much to his two assistants.

what's unique about byron scott is he's winning playoff games in the western conference using the eastern conference approach--pick and roll on offense, and suffocating pressure on defense. in contrast, jeff van gundy got really nowhere using that template in his days at houston.

The_Big_Cat
04-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Byron Scott has done a terrific job at New Orleans. Who would have it thought the Hornets would take the number 2 seed in the West after the regular season.

He has led the New Jersey Nets to two finals appearance (2002 & 2003). Indeed the common factor there is the point guards (Kidd & Paul). You have also two consider he played shooting guard in the showtime Lakers in the 1980s.

I think Byron Scott is a frontrunner to win this year's Coach of the Year. And
Hedo Turkoglu as the Most Improved Player of the Year.

The coach of the year should go to the coach of the champs. ( BUT this seldom happens ) Bottom line for playing in the NBA is winning it all so if you guide your team to its goal, the ultimate prize, then you deserve to be coach of the year.

Does anyone remember the last coach to win the championship and win the coach of the year?

I think it was Gregg Popovich and the San Antonio Spurs in 2003.
Popovich was the 2003 Coach of the Year and a few weeks later the Spurs captured the NBA title.

Kid Cubao
04-24-2008, 03:21 PM
no question, byron scott indeed is deserving of the coach of the year award after his remarkable reclamation job on the hornets. however, it must also be noted that the boston celtics, which is mentored by doc rivers, set a new record, i think, in the biggest NBA single-season turnaround--from 18-64 in '06-'07 to 66-16 this season. this is nothing to sneeze at, so if the coach of the year will not be awarded to byron scott, i'm almost certain it will go to doc rivers :)

erichubert
04-24-2008, 03:51 PM
For me Coach of the Year is really a hard award to give, just like the MVP award, there are really no set criteria. But I don't think we should just look at it based on the team's record, sure Byron Scott and Doc Rivers are both deserving as shown by their great win-loss records, but we have to remember they were also blessed with great players and determined supporting casts. Should we take it against them? No. But I think in this regard, I give the edge to Eddie Jordan and Maurice Cheeks as the Coach/s of the Year. Eddie Jordan had to battle the injuries to Arenas, Butler, Jamison and hosts of other injuries. Cheeks meanwhile coached a young and underwhelming Sixers line-up to the play-offs. He had them playing hard and focused each and every game and that for me is Coaching at its best.

The_Big_Cat
04-24-2008, 03:53 PM
What about those leading MVP candidates? They are playing a notch higher in these playoffs.

Chris Paul (Hornets leading 2-0)
Kobe Bryant (Lakers leading 2-0)
LeBron James (Cavs leading 2-0)
Kevin Garnett (Boston leading 2-0)
Dwight Howard (Orlando leading 2-0)

This might be the All-NBA First Team.
Awesome performance for these guys. Parang first five ng USA Basketball for the Olympics except for KG.
I love Kobe to win this time but Chris Paul is proving to be a deserving MVP also

Dark Knight
04-24-2008, 04:12 PM
I really hate that Kobe Bryant guy. ;D Sure he's good but IMO, he's the most arrogant player in the NBA today. The sight of him make my nerves.................. ;D

I hope the Lakers will lose big time in the second round.

Sorry and peace to all Bryant fans here. :D

aircanda
04-24-2008, 06:20 PM
I really hate that Kobe Bryant guy. ;D Sure he's good but IMO, he's the most arrogant player in the NBA today. The sight of him make my nerves.................. ;D

"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other,". "Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons." - Kobe Bryant ;D

peace bro.. kaya ka inis.. you cant admit that hes good.. hahahaha.. peace parang Dark Knight! ;D ;)

cub
04-24-2008, 06:36 PM
What about those leading MVP candidates? They are playing a notch higher in these playoffs.

Awesome performance for these guys. Parang first five ng USA Basketball for the Olympics except for KG.
I love Kobe to win this time but Chris Paul is proving to be a deserving MVP also

Amare Stoudemire should be in that list. he's a beast since the Shaq trade and it seems nobody can guard him 1on1. 25ppg, 9rpg, 2bpg is not that bad. (canadian sportswriters do vote too.. ;D)

mighty_lion
04-24-2008, 07:27 PM

Amare Stoudemire should be in that list. he's a beast since the Shaq trade and it seems nobody can guard him 1on1. 25ppg, 9rpg, 2bpg is not that bad. (canadian sportswriters do vote too.. ;D)

True. Amare is the most unstoppable bigman in the league today in terms of scoring. Notch away better than Duncan, KG and D12. Throw that ball to him and its like an automatic score. His FT shooting also improved a lot. I just hope he dont end his career as the greatest foul-phrone dominant scoring bigman ever. :(

The_Big_Cat
04-24-2008, 08:04 PM
^True Amare has the better statistics than Kevin Garnett.

The argument for Kevin Garnet is that he belongs to the better team which has played consistent basketball throughout the entire regular season.

Yesterday KG won the Best Defensive Player of the Year award. Although Marcus Camby had the better numbers, rebounds, blocks and assists, the NBA press corps gave Garnett the award because of his influence to the Celtics. The Celtics lead in almost all defensive categories: points allowed, opp. field goal percentage, team rebounds, team blocks and forced turnovers. He is the catalyst of the Celtic defense this season. And probably this mightl be the same factor in voting him in the ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM, the overall effect he has on the team.

It is all over the press that KG is a candidate for MVP while AMARE is currently not in the running. Being a candidate for MVP almost assures him of at least a spot in the All-NBA First Team.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-24-2008, 08:22 PM

JR Smith also hates him.

But did you see what Kobe did immediately? He went at him [Smith] and gave himself a three point play. ;D

tigerman
04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Not to take anything away from Amare but he still has a lot to go as far as creating his own shots. He is still most of the time dependent on the pick n' roll orchestrated by playmakers Nash and even Diaw.

And I don't think its proper to say that he is notch away better than KG and Timmy. Maybe better than the Manchild but not with the two premier biggies of the league.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

marmand
04-24-2008, 09:49 PM

Do not worry Boozer and Co. will take care of that. ;)

Dark Knight
04-24-2008, 09:59 PM
No prob aircandia. Its just me. I just hate popular players. I associate Bryant to Caguioa of the team i hate the most locally........................................... ..Ginebra. ;D

cub
04-24-2008, 10:07 PM

Do not worry Boozer and Co. will take care of that. ;)

barring any injuries, the Lakers will win the series against the Jazz, 4-1.

aircanda
04-24-2008, 10:08 PM
No prob aircandia. Its just me. I just hate popular players. I associate Bryant to Caguioa of the team i hate the most locally........................................... ..Ginebra. ;D

pare.. salungat ata tayo sa lahat ng teams.. hehehe... solid Ginebra ako at naiistar-struck ako twing nakikita ko si Caguioa.. hahaha... eh sa East, pakiramdam ko ayaw mo Cavs? tama ba pre? hehehe ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
04-25-2008, 01:33 AM
Ginebra? LOL talo pa nga sila ng Welcoat this season ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 10:50 AM
The Wizards bounced back and won today blowing out the Cavs. This is the series to watch in the East. I like the Wizards in this matchup. One sidenote, the Cavs have won only 3 road games since acquiring West, Wally, Wallace and Smith.

The Toronto Raptors proved why they are the number 1 three-point shooting team in the NBA as they rained the Magic with treys. I still though like the Magic in this series.

marmand
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Thats whats dangerous about the Cavs. They are an average team at home and a bad team on the road. The Wizards are gaining momentum and if Agent 0 and Co. get their confidence back then a first round exit is probable for LBJ.

erichubert
04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
But Agent 0 re-injured his knee in the game, day-to-day daw ang status. With this recurring knee problem of his, baka matulad na siya kay Penny dati, sana naman hindi.

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 11:44 AM
^That is the risk of coming back early. Sana pinag paliban na lang hanggang next season ang return ni Arenas. That could be disastrous to his career. Sana hindi naman.

marmand
04-25-2008, 11:51 AM
He did not want to come back but seeing that the Wizards were in contention he decided to give it a go. Some players are really injury prone and no matter what he does it just happens. Good luck to him, He is risking a big pay day next year.

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 11:58 AM
^The Wizards have been playing excellent basketball without Arenas so I think they can pull this one off.

marmand
04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
^The Wizards have been playing excellent basketball without Arenas so I think they can pull this one off.

Maybe just for the first round but if they want to advance beyond that then they need Arenas.

Dark Knight
04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
No prob aircandia. Its just me. I just hate popular players. I associate Bryant to Caguioa of the team i hate the most locally........................................... ..Ginebra.* ;D

pare.. salungat ata tayo sa lahat ng teams.. hehehe... solid Ginebra ako at naiistar-struck ako twing nakikita ko si Caguioa.. hahaha... eh sa East, pakiramdam ko ayaw mo Cavs? tama ba pre? hehehe* ;D

No, i like the Cavs, but im rooting for the Celtics. Been a Boston fan since the Larry Bird era.

To make it simple, I like all NBA teams except the Lakers.

I like all NBA players except Bryant.

I like all PBA teams except Ginebra.

:D ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 01:23 PM
^I don't like Ginebra noong overage na si Jawo at nagkakalat na sa court. ;D

The Lakers will certainly dispose of the Nuggets. After that the Lakers will have a tough time with the Jazz especially in Utah but I feel LA will still prevail over Utah.

nastrans
04-25-2008, 01:26 PM
I thought T-Mac will choke in the last minute only for Carl Landry to save him with a block on Darren Williams, Rockets now 2-1 down.

In fairness to T-Mac, he did have some big shots in the fourth quarter.

Ahh, thank goodness for broadband :D

marmand
04-25-2008, 01:28 PM
^ There is still a chance! Go Rockets. AK-47 tried to flop again. ;D ;D ;D

erichubert
04-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I remember way back in the 90s, Houston-San Antonio series, for the first 5 games, the road team won. It would be cool to see that here in the Houston-Utah series, specially considering that Utah is known to be strong at home and weak on the road.

Arenas should not have came back. No matter how much wide open the East is, the chances of Washington winning it is really slim with or without him. He should have thought of the long term.

marmand
04-25-2008, 01:43 PM
^ I remember that series. Nobody could catch a break on their home court until game 6. The Rockets closed it out with the help of the Dream. It will be difficult to beat the Jazz consecutive times at their place but after seeing what happen today then anything is still possible.

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Unless na maka recover agad si Yao Ming and play right away for Houston, mahihirapan na maka bangon ang Rockets especially now that games 3 & 4 is in Utah. Utah have a home court record of 38-4 (NBA best) during the regular season.

Yung isang booster engine ng Rockets ay nakabaon na sa lupa! Ewan ko lang kung makapag lift-off pa sila. ;D

King_stag
04-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Deron williams registered 21 points in the 1st half :o. But where is Paul Millsap? his presence is hardly felt, he scored a point and grabbed 2 boards.

marmand
04-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Unless na maka recover agad si Yao Ming and play right away for Houston, mahihirapan na maka bangon ang Rockets especially now that games 3 & 4 is in Utah. Utah have a home court record of 38-4 (NBA best) during the regular season.

Yung isang booster engine ng Rockets ay nakabaon na sa lupa! Ewan ko lang kung makapag lift-off pa sila. ;D

Possible but difficult. 22 straight and 10 without Yao, however these are the playoffs. Games go to a higher level and beating a team like the Jazz 4 times and now at least one more at home is to say the least hard.

erichubert
04-25-2008, 02:22 PM
I hope Houston extends this series even just to game 6. Medyo pangit ang first round this year, puro 2-0 starts, at tambakan. I am wishing for closer and longer series except for LA-Den, sana sweep yun ;D

marmand
04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Things are getting closer. In the East today, Toronto and Washington won cutting the lead of the Cavs and Magic to 2-1. Suns will be home and so are the Mavs and Nuggets. I predict only one sweep, the Mchale and Ainge's Celtics. ;D ( retro of the 80's )

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 03:37 PM
^Boston will surely win that series against Atlanta.

The Wizards are the only team in the NBA to beat the Celtics three times this season. Washington beat Boston in their regular season matchup 3-1.

Boston will have a tough time if they face the Wizards in Round 2?

marmand
04-25-2008, 03:58 PM
The Detroit Pistons are still the only team that can challenge the Celtics in a 7 game series. The Wizards can challenge the Celtics but in a long series ( if it reaches 6 or 7 games ) the experience of the Big 3 will dictate the flow of the game giving the Celtics an advantage.

joelex
04-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Utah loses to Houston at home??

I know there are off nights and upsets do happen. But this is a little ridiculous, considering how badly depleted the Rockets are and how tough it is to win in Utah.

Hmm...Where's Donaghy....

erichubert
04-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Well as much as Houston is depleted, they still battled Utah tooth and nail in the first two games. If not for that foul on Scola in Game 2... well that is another story all together. Plus, Rafer Alston did not play the first two games making them all the more depleted. You really have to give it to Rick Adelman, they might not win the championship or this series, but at least they overachieved and made most of what they had.

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 05:09 PM
^All for the legacy of T-Mac.

It's just a pity that he can't pass the first round. He just can't stay healthy in an 82-game regular season since his days in Toronto and Orlando.

erichubert
04-25-2008, 05:26 PM
He was relatively healthy this year, but the problem is his partner wasn't. He really can't blame anybody for his first round troubles, so many times, he already had the series won, but he couldn't deliver when it really mattered. This year was just plain unlucky.

mighty_lion
04-25-2008, 05:29 PM
What the !@#!? Wade is dating a woman 20 years older than him. Lintek si Oprah na lang sana mas mayaman pa. This must really be a very frustrating season for him. Hehe.

The_Big_Cat
04-25-2008, 05:34 PM
What the !@#!? Wade is dating a woman 20 years older than him. Lintek si Oprah na lang sana mas mayaman pa. This must really be a very frustrating season for him. Hehe.

Wade is going for experience man. ;D
This might help him going into next season and probably also for the olympics. ;D
The experience factor.

marmand
04-25-2008, 06:36 PM

It's just a pity that he can't pass the first round. He just can't stay healthy in an 82-game regular season since his days in Toronto and Orlando.

He will. Maybe not this season but he will. Reading the comments of the Jazz Fans, they were already talking about sweep ( bringing brooms for the 4th game ) and how they will do against the Lakers. Guess again! ;D Any series should be treated seriously and looking forward will always get you nowhere.

marmand
04-25-2008, 06:41 PM

Wade is going for experience man. ;D
This might help him going into next season and probably also for the olympics. ;D
The experience factor.

Mother Image. ;D

King_stag
04-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Ahh, chismax ;D
star(jones) and flash. nice combo, hehe. star jones filed a divorce from her husband 3 years ago. How 'bout d wade? he is married and got kids too. And Star jones looks like a slimmer oprah. ;)

aircanda
04-25-2008, 11:46 PM

basta't chismax si sir mighty lion talaga nauuna.. ;D

dahil siguro sa frsutrations this season.. kelangan ng mommy na magcocomfort sa kania.. hehehehe

King_stag
04-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Ok, noted! ;D

The reason why star filed a divorce is the sexuality of his husband, i cant recall the name. They said that he is involved with gay joints in new york.
Hmm, yeah a mommy to look after him. Wade is nursing too many injuries that's why he can use a ms.jones :D

flsfnoeraekadad
04-26-2008, 12:39 AM

He will. Maybe not this season but he will. Reading the comments of the Jazz Fans, they were already talking about sweep ( bringing brooms for the 4th game ) and how they will do against the Lakers. Guess again! ;D Any series should be treated seriously and looking forward will always get you nowhere.

You've been reading RealGM, huh? ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 10:24 AM
The Philadelphia 76ers took game 3 by a large margin giving them a 2-1 series lead over the Pistons.

Detroit played sloppy basketball throughout the game. Accounting for nearly 20 turnovers some of which are unforced errors. The Pistons look stunned as if they didn't know what hit them. The much more younger 76ers played pesky defense against Detroit as they run almost throughout the game. Detroit looked old in this game as Antonio McDyess suffered a broken nose.

I think if the Pistons can't make another run in the East Finals this playoffs, they should break this Detroit team as with the Mavs and Suns.

marmand
04-26-2008, 11:50 AM
If this happens then the NBA better roll the red carpet for the Celtics in the East. They will coast to sweep after sweep and take on a tired Western Conference champion. 76ers are doing a Warriors. ( last year )

marmand
04-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Spurs going to be 3-0 vs. Suns. Looks like its over for Shaq. The question now is, Is Steve Kerr a moron? ;D Let the debate begin.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Parker was fantastic today. Shaq can't defend the Spurs' pick-en-roll play. Parker and Ginobili is just eating away Shaq's pick-en-rol defense.

Remember Detroit used to do this against Shaq when he was with the Lakers in 2004. Billups was running rings around Shaq's defense.

The Suns lacked another player who could create plays for them. Barbosa was supposed to be that guy but is struggling. The Spurs have Ginobili and Parker who could create plays for them. The Suns have only Nash. Grant Hill is again playing hurt. If the Suns are going to try again with Shaq in the lineup for next season, they should add another versatile player in the SG and SF position.

Mike D'Antoni was consulted before the Shaq trade as well as Steve Nash. So, you can't blame Kerr alone.
You have also to remember before the start of the season, Shawn Marion requested to be traded.

marmand
04-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Parker had a Kobe like night. Career night with 41 pts.

joelex
04-26-2008, 01:23 PM
It is a really ugly sight to watch the Suns being humilaited in front of their home fans, gone were the days of the fast breaking up tempo team of the past 3 years. What was left of the suns is a team relying a lot on one on one plays (despite their lack of materials to do so) and a Shaq who can be replaced by an obstacle in the all star game, TP and MANU absolutely tore up the SUNS, especially TP who was unconsious in the 3rd quarter. Van Gundy hit it right when he said what PHX needed was a hustle play to get them running their offense, and obviously that is the void the Matrix has left. What a sorry sight for a team that was fun to watch the apst 3 years and now down 3 zip and blown off in their home court.

Phoenix a fast breaking team? Game 2 stats showed SA up 23-4(!!) in FB points. The team has lost its identity and has completely deteriorated after the questionable trade. To think they made it to match up against the Spurs, which is now toying with them.

Is Steve Nash nursing some sort of injury? He was *a mess in game 3, not the usual spitfire point guard we know, he couldnt get a shot off much less make them, and was a little slow all game. Barbosa was the only bright spot for Phoenix.

cub
04-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Hack-A-Shaq strategy really sucks. that ended the Suns' hopes in this game. whenever the Suns is trying to comeback, "amaechi"-like players (Horry, Finley, Vaughn, Oberto) foul Shaq. BOOOOOOOOOO! UGLY WIN FOR A DIRTY TEAM!

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Probably one reason why the Mavs was unsuccessful in beating the Heat in that 2006 NBA Finals was that the Mavs guards failed to take advantage of Shaq's weak pick-en-roll defense.

I don't see the Suns coming back this series against the Spurs.
I think the Lakers and the Hornets are the only teams that could stand toe-to-toe with the Spurs in the West.

erichubert
04-26-2008, 01:34 PM
When they traded Marion, the Suns became a team without an identity. They obviously couldn't continue being a run and gun team with Shaq there, yet they didn't want to be a half-court team that Shaq can afford them. In short, they were neither here or there. Plus they still can't play defense, San Antonio had a really good shooting night, but a lot of Parker and Manu's shots were open because of the pick and rolls. Is Kerr a moron? not really, I think he gambled but it didn't work out, but there is still hope, I think next year could be the last year of this core. They have to win before Nash officially runs out of gas.

marmand
04-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Do not count out the Mavs just yet. They are at home and if they get the momentum then the Hornets will be in for a fight.

The Jazz could match up well with the Spurs. They have enough manpower to go toe to toe with the Spurs.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd like for Phoenix to go one more year with this lineup and possibly adding players that could play well with the current system.

joelex
04-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Do not count out the Mavs just yet.* They are at home and if they get the momentum then the Hornets will be in for a fight.

The Jazz could match up well with the Spurs. They have enough manpower to go toe to toe with the Spurs.

as much as the Jazz can match with the spurs, please please dont wish for it to happen, especially when the WCF begins just around the rainy season...zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz......

cub
04-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Run n Gun = run n DONE! that system is not enough to win an NBA championship. look at GSW and Denver. Phx switched from a run n gun team to a slow paced team because they know that RNG cannot win a championship.

marmand
04-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Like the Rockets, can the Suns go a full season without injuries. Can Nash, Shaq and Hill raise their games back to the level that made them All-Stars. Questions that management have to think of this summer. ( of course that is if the Suns do not do a " Red Sox", reverse sweep. )

erichubert
04-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Problem is did they really switch to the half-court brand of game? And are their players suited for such a system? If you watch the game awhile ago, the only time, the Suns showed some life was when they reverted to their old brand of basketball, fast-paced and exciting. I feel Mike D'Antoni himself doesn't want the slow ball type of game.

Utah-San Antonio? That would be a bruising encounter, I don't think it would be boring, in fact it would be a close series with equally matched players. But LA-San Antonio is still better for me.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I think ang Western Conference Champions would come from either the Lakers, Hornets or Spurs.
These are the best bets at the Western Conference.

erichubert
04-26-2008, 01:57 PM
If the Pistons go on to lose to the Sixers, don't count out Lebron and the Cavs to make another run to the Finals, If they get past the Wizards, I think Lebron can scare the wits out of the big 3 of the Celtics, I actually think he can beat them.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 02:00 PM
^The Cavs are still struggling with their new additions. The question there is "Can they jell in time?" They are probably half-way there in terms of cohesion.

marmand
04-26-2008, 02:02 PM
^ Thats possible but the Cavs have to peak at the right time. For the Celtics to lose a series, the opponent must be at its best. ( consistently )

joelex
04-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Lebron cant beat the Celtics, in fact all is not sure yet with the Wiz own big 3(2?). The mid season trade involving Big Ben is overrated, and hasnt really improved the Cavs chances, more or less its the same. Ben Wallace is FAR CRY from the Wallace we know of the champion Piston club in 04. He cant even rebound which is remaining asset, and Jamison is blowing him up. Lebron is a one man army and cleveland will win only if he plays like he is hyped up.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 02:05 PM
The Cavaliers though are a horrible road team this season. Especially with LeBron's new recruits, they just won 3 road games with these new players.

marmand
04-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Do not count out the Mavs just yet. They are at home and if they get the momentum then the Hornets will be in for a fight.

as much as the Jazz can match with the spurs, please please dont wish for it to happen, especially when the WCF begins just around the rainy season...zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz......

Remember the Rockets vs. Knicks 1994 finals. The Jazz-Spurs will mirror that series.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 02:09 PM
^The Rockets took that in seven games with the home court advantage. Olajuwon was an awesome defender on Ewing that series.

Okur will have trouble guarding Duncan.

marmand
04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
If the Pistons go on to lose to the Sixers, don't count out Lebron and the Cavs to make another run to the Finals, If they get past the Wizards, I think Lebron can scare the wits out of the big 3 of the Celtics, I actually think he can beat them.

A healthy Wizards team will be a much better match up for the Celtics compared to a Cavs that seem to be lost. Players are not ( yet ) adjusted to the system.

joelex
04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Jazz-Spurs will just resemble what happened a year ago, not much of a series really, with Utah winning a game and dominated by the Spurs. Unless of course Kyle Korver proves he is a major upgrade for the Jazz and they win more than 1 game this time around.

marmand
04-26-2008, 02:11 PM
^The Rockets took that in seven games with the home court advantage. Olajuwon was an awesome defender on Ewing that series.

Boozer on Duncan.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 02:12 PM

A healthy Wizards team will be a much better match up for the Celtics compared to a Cavs that seem to be lost. Players are not ( yet ) adjusted to the system.

The Wizards are the only team in the NBA this season to beat Boston three times, 3-1.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 02:13 PM

Boozer on Duncan.

I think Boozer is too valuable of an offensive threat to waste fouls on Duncan. He will expend a lot of energy on Duncan and that would lessen his offensive effectivity.

joelex
04-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Barring any surprises, at least we would be treated to a good finals, either way BOS-LAL or BOS-SAS would look to be barnburners, one with the history and tradition, the other pitting 2 of the BEST teams in terms of balanced in offensive firepower and defensive prowress, and it would feature the match up of the 2 prominent faces of the all nba first team from the late 90's to the early decade, and this finals could very well be the gateway for KG to balance a somewhat dominated era for Duncan in their long standing debate on who was the better forward, and to exact revenge on the many early exits KG was treated to courtesy of Duncan's Spurs when he was still a Timberwolf.

marmand
04-26-2008, 02:24 PM

Boozer on Duncan.

I think Boozer is too valuable of an offensive threat to waste fouls on Duncan. He will expend a lot of energy on Duncan and that would lessen his offensive effectivity.

If you put Duncan on Okur, then Okur can just stand around the 3 pt area and Duncan must respect his shot. This will create an opening for Williams. So Okur vs. Duncan balances things out in the defensive side of things. Boozer would guard Duncan in the 4th where they need stops. ( Still Believing in the Rockets to make a miracle. ;D )

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Everybody is talking about the dream match-up Boston vs. LA in the finals.

If only were Phoenix a different team today. I would like to see a replay of the 1976 NBA Finals, Boston vs. Phoenix.Where one of the greatest NBA game happened, a triple overtime.

The 1976 NBA Champs Boston Celtics featured Glenn McDonald, McDonald played as an import here in the Philippines in the late 1970s under Coach Tommy Manotoc for the UTEX franchise.

McDonald is one of three imports that played for NBA Champion Teams. The other two Sott Burrell (1998 NBA Champ Chicago Bulls) and Darvin Ham (2004 NBA Champs Detroit Pistons).

erichubert
04-26-2008, 02:40 PM
One thing is sure, Boston's revival certainly made things more interesting, whomever they face in the Finals if they get there would feature a good storyline.

I think Boston would rather face Washington than Cleveland. Despite lots of new players and lack of chemistry, Lebron is just too dangerous a player specially in the play-offs, even if he can't beat them alone, he will give them a long overdrawn fight to the end. Plus, there is no love lost between those two teams, they hate each other and it showed even in the regular season.

Utah would fare better this year against the Spurs, although if San Antonio shoots the way they did today, then its game over for Utah.

joelex
04-26-2008, 03:16 PM
If the prevailing trend continues, the Boston Celtics are a lock for the title.

First is DLSU in the UAAP. Then, Sta. Lucia in the PBA.

;) :D

cub
04-26-2008, 03:58 PM
stop those Utah-San Antonio talks. realistically, it won't happen naman.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2008, 04:21 PM
If the prevailing trend continues, the Boston Celtics are a lock for the title.

First is DLSU in the UAAP. Then, Sta. Lucia in the PBA.

;) :D

So, "green" is your theme. ;D

I have a different trend though:
Back in December it was Harbour Centre, when February came it was the NY Giants, and by June it would probably be the Lakers? ;D

But I love Boston more.

marmand
04-26-2008, 04:45 PM
stop those Utah-San Antonio talks. realistically, it won't happen naman.

True. But its fun to imagine the scenarios if it does happen.

marmand
04-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Lakers and Magic now 3-1 against Nuggets and Raptors but the shocker of the day is the Hawks taking game 3. That series is now 2-1 in favor of the Celtics. Can a miracle happen? ;D

aircanda
04-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Lakers and Magic now 3-1 against Nuggets and Raptors but the shocker of the day is the Hawks taking game 3. That series is now 2-1 in favor of the Celtics. Can a miracle happen? ;D

Bilog ang bola.. lahat posible..

flsfnoeraekadad
04-27-2008, 02:37 PM

Slight correction: Lakers are up 3 to zip over Charles Barkley's _enver Nugeets.

erichubert
04-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Look for Boston to come back strong and I expect Paul Pierce to have a huge night, I really don't think Horford should have taunted Pierce like that specially with the game about to be over. As tha analysts said:"You don't do that to Lebron, Kobe or even Paul Pierce.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
I think the ATL-BOS series will go 2-2.

Then Pierce will punish ATL in game 5.

King_stag
04-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Lakers and Magic now 3-1 against Nuggets and Raptors but the shocker of the day is the Hawks taking game 3. That series is now 2-1 in favor of the Celtics.* Can a miracle happen?* ;D

Bilog ang bola.. lahat posible..

I concur. These teams play Pro ball.You cant count out the Underdogs, Playoff games are diffrent.

marmand
04-27-2008, 11:47 PM

Slight correction: Lakers are up 3 to zip over Charles Barkley's _enver Nugeets.

Correct. Lakers up 3-0 while Magic and Jazz up 3-1.

erichubert
04-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Can the Suns do to the Spurs what the Red Sox did to the Yankees? Which is to come back from a 0-3 deficit to win the series. They won today so that is a start. But the chances are slim to none honestly. Who would have thought that of all first round series, the closest would be Det-Phi?

marmand
04-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Anything is possible. ;)

King_stag
04-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Antonio McDyess contributed 10 points and four rebounds in 20 minutes off the bench one day after undergoing surgery in Detroit to repair the broken nose he suffered Friday in Philadelphia. Over his two painful days he had eaten only a pregame meal of fruit Sunday, yet the 33 year old made a number of high-energy plays at both ends to keep the Pistons alive when the 76ers threatened to run away with the first half. "That was a lot of courage on 'Dyess's part to come back," said Prince. "It was crazy that out of anybody on our team he was the one playing the hardest. If it wasn't for him we might have been down 20 at halftime instead of 10."

-Only 1 meal in two days? this guy is hardcore. ;D

mighty_lion
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Look for Boston to come back strong and I expect Paul Pierce to have a huge night, I really don't think Horford should have taunted Pierce like that specially with the game about to be over. As tha analysts said:"You don't do that to Lebron, Kobe or even Paul Pierce.

Narinig ko rin ito. Natawa ako ng todo dito. ;D ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-28-2008, 02:37 PM
The way Cleveland played in Game 4, it looks like they are on the verge of beating again the Wizards for the third straight year.

I smell Boston vs. Cleveland in Round 2.

coreytaylor
04-28-2008, 02:41 PM
^ dont count out atlanta yet dude. kung tatalunin ng boston ang atlanta sa game 4, tsaka na natin pag-isipan yan.

marmand
04-28-2008, 03:20 PM
^ How i wish that the Hawks do pull an upset, BUT chances are very slim. Any betting person would not like the odds of the Hawks.

The_Big_Cat
04-28-2008, 03:27 PM
I like the Hawks next year. They will be an even better team next year. And I feel this is Boston's year.

marmand
04-28-2008, 03:30 PM
I like the Hawks next year. They will be an even better team next year. And I feel this is Boston's year.

They need a low post option. Pryzbilla of the Blazers would fit them well. I do not think another young player would help them go deep in the playoffs. They need a veteran to help Bibby guide this team.

The_Big_Cat
04-28-2008, 03:34 PM

They need a low post option. Pryzbilla of the Blazers would fit them well. I do not think another young player would help them go deep in the playoffs. They need a veteran to help Bibby guide this team.

Yes. That what Atlanta needs to improve next year.

erichubert
04-28-2008, 03:57 PM
If Atlanta doesn't solve its ownership woes though, I doubt they can make any big strides next season or the year after that. Right now, the more pressing needs for the franchise is to secure their studs like Josh Smith, Childress and Horford.

marmand
04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
If Atlanta doesn't solve its ownership woes though, I doubt they can make any big strides next season or the year after that. Right now, the more pressing needs for the franchise is to secure their studs like Josh Smith, Childress and Horford.

True. Forgot about the problem with ownership.

The_Big_Cat
04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
^^I think that is not much of a problem for the Hawks organization compared to the situation in Seattle.

marmand
04-28-2008, 04:04 PM
^^I think that is not much of a problem for the Hawks organization compared to the situation in Seattle.

Seattle's problem is a foregone conclusion. Stern really wants a team in Oklahoma.

The_Big_Cat
04-28-2008, 04:17 PM

Seattle's problem is a foregone conclusion. Stern really wants a team in Oklahoma.

Yes. But it looks like he may not bring along the name of the SuperSonics.

Same situation in the NFL when the Cleveland Browns owners moved to Baltimore, a court petition prevented the owners from moving the name of the Browns to Baltimore. Instead they adapted the Ravens when they moved to Baltimore.

marmand
04-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Not bringing the moniker Sonics would be fine with Oklahoma. Read that they would want to establish their own identity.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-28-2008, 04:23 PM
WHAT THE FUCK WAS KIDD THINKING EARLIER??? ::)

I'm sorry for spewing bad words but he almost killed Pargo for Chrissakes! :o

erichubert
04-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Oklahoma is a good place for a NBA franchise as seen by their support for the Hornets last year, but I don't think it should be at the expense of Seattle. Seattle is one of the good and old markets of the NBA and they have very loyal fans, things that can't be said for Atlanta, LA Clippers and New Orleans. Good thing the Hawks and Hornets made the play-offs, people there don't seem to care about basketball.

marmand
04-28-2008, 04:29 PM
What Stern wants, Stern gets. ;D ( Sentiments of the Sonics fans )

erichubert
04-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Stern has done a good job with the NBA, elevating it into the mainstream consciousness of the American public. But sometimes he has to learn to be less cruel with his decisions. Baka matulad yan sa Charlotte, they had a very receptive market there when they were the Hornets, but when Stern allowed them to transfer, the people really resented him, now they are having problems drawing up crowds for the Bobcats.

marmand
04-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Stern has done a good job with the NBA, elevating it into the mainstream consciousness of the American public. But sometimes he has to learn to be less cruel with his decisions. Baka matulad yan sa Charlotte, they had a very receptive market there when they were the Hornets, but when Stern allowed them to transfer, the people really resented him, now they are having problems drawing up crowds for the Bobcats.

It might be different with Oklahoma. The Hornet's stay with them showed how the people are craving for a Major league team.

tigerman
04-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Jason Kidd's nasty foul on Janero Pargo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD7oMY2qeho

C'mon J-Kidd you're not a dirty player! Why the hell would you give a dangerous foul like that? Good thing Pargo was able to land with his 2 hands or else he could have suffered a head injury or something close to that.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

aircanda
04-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Jason Kidd's nasty foul on Janero Pargo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD7oMY2qeho

C'mon J-Kidd you're not a dirty player! Why the hell would you give a dangerous foul like that? Good thing Pargo was able to land with his 2 hands or else he could have suffered a head injury or something close to that.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

knowing J-Kidd.. hes not a dirty player.. maybe unintentional.. thats only my guts.. ;D .. thats the first time na nakita kong nanakit si Kidd.. hindi nga sadya siguro

tigerman
04-28-2008, 06:23 PM
^ Kidd's emotion got the better of him I guess. If there's someone so disappointed in the Dallas camp with how they have underachieved this season, it has to be him. He has high expectations of finally getting that elusive title but right now it's not even close.

Let's see if Rod Thorn and co. indeed got the better end of the deal over Mark Cuban and co.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Man, Pargo's lucky that his hands were there to support him.

marmand
04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
^ Kidd's emotion got the better of him I guess. If there's someone so disappointed in the Dallas camp with how they have underachieved this season, it has to be him. He has high expectations of finally getting that elusive title but right now it's not even close.

Let's see if Rod Thorn and co. indeed got the better end of the deal over Mark Cuban and co.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

That has to be a suspension. Very similar to what Dirk did to AK47 during the regular season.

The_Big_Cat
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

That has to be a suspension. Very similar to what Dirk did to AK47 during the regular season.

If Kidd gets suspended then that's the season for Dallas plus they're gonna play the Hornets in New Orleans. Definitely a tough road.

marmand
04-28-2008, 07:26 PM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

If Kidd gets suspended then that's the season for Dallas plus they're gonna play the Hornets in New Orleans. Definitely a tough road.

Even with Kidd, The Mavs will have a tough time in beating the Hornets in their home court all the more with out him. Looks like its going to be Spurs vs. Hornets.

The_Big_Cat
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Even with Kidd, The Mavs will have a tough time in beating the Hornets in their home court all the more with out him. Looks like its going to be Spurs vs. Hornets.

This will be one hell of an exciting series. Although inexperienced, I like the Hornets against the Spurs.

marmand
04-28-2008, 07:40 PM
As usual the Spurs are peeking at the right time. Their big three ( Parker, Manu and Tim ) are playing great basketball. What makes them scary is their experience and depth. A 5th title in 10 years seems to be a good bet.

CM_Punk
04-28-2008, 09:19 PM
This will be one hell of an exciting series. Although inexperienced, I like the Hornets against the Spurs.

Same here. If that matchup happens in the 2nd round, I'll be cheering for CP3 and the rest of the surging Hornets to advance to the Western Conference Finals. The Spurs have never won back to back titles, and New Orleans would be a good team to compete against them in the next round.

aircanda
04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Nice game from the King.. ;D Lebron.. and yeah.. that 3 pt shot from West would be a big help to lift his confidence up..

mighty_lion
04-28-2008, 10:40 PM

Same here. If that matchup happens in the 2nd round, I'll be cheering for CP3 and the rest of the surging Hornets to advance to the Western Conference Finals. The Spurs have never won back to back titles, and New Orleans would be a good team to compete against them in the next round.

Agree. Actually kahit ano basta matangal lang ang Spurs. Hehe.

From a die-hard Suns fan. ;D

aircanda
04-28-2008, 11:14 PM

Agree. Actually kahit ano basta matangal lang ang Spurs. Hehe.

From a die-hard Suns fan. ;D

akoy naniniwala sir mighty_lion.. na kayang mag ala-Boston Red Sox ng PHX.. maniwala lang sila sa kanilang sarili.. ;D

dark_seid
04-29-2008, 01:25 AM

finally, a mavs player put someone on a hornets jersey down. i've been waiting for something like this ever since that love tap to dirk's face back in game 1. no wonder dallas is down 3-1.

problem is, robert horry and brent barry got extended playing time due to the game 4 rout. and they're both getting their timing and legs back from the look of it.

plus, there's no way west punks anybody in the spurs uniform without a retaliation be it from bowen, oberto, horry or thomas.

MonL
04-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Pierce was fined $25k for flashing an a$$hole hand gesture at Al Horford, who was not at all penalized for taunting Pierce first.

Oh well, Atlanta should be ready to pay the price on court. Dumb schmucks should know well enough not to give any team further motivation to pound them to the ground.

mighty_lion
04-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Mas mayaman kasi si Pierce. Hehe. ;D

erichubert
04-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Jason Kidd wasn't suspended for Game 5. Naawa na din si Stern sa Mavs, with or without him though, looks like this series is over.

A lot of people are batting for the changing of the playoff format, such that the top 16 teams regardless of conference would make it to the playoffs, interestingly if that were the case this year, Atlanta and Philadelphia, two teams who are making life difficult for the top 2 teams in the league wouldn't make it to the playoffs.

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Mas mayaman kasi si Pierce. Hehe. ;D

Barya lang siguro yan para kay Pierce. ;D

Remember in the late 90s after his Manila visit, Pierce got stabbed several times in a bar, for which some witnesses said Pierce triggered.

Ok lang kung may konting swagger si Pierce.

jeffjan
04-29-2008, 10:36 AM
waiting na ang Orlando sa conference semis against Detroit/Philadelphia. ;)

MonL
04-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Hawks did the pounding to pull even in the series. Joe Johnson was unbelievable, carrying the Hawks on his shoulders with 35 points, much of it in the 4th quarter.* Josh Smith 28 points and 7 blocks. Hawks showed more athleticism to keep a step ahead of the Celtics this game.

Critical point was letting Eddie House take the point when the Celts built up that 10-point lead in the fourth. It evaporated in the heat of a Hawk comeback.* Hawks played better in the waning minutes to win, 97-92

erichubert
04-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Joe Johnson had 20 pts in that fourth quarter. What a game! Will the Celtics choke? Nah I don't think so, but this series has become very very interesting. Matutuwa si Lebron niyan kung ma-upset ang Boston.

I think the thing here is that the Celtics are not really a very athletic team, they don't have the high flyers or the athletic freaks that Atlanta has, that is why they are having a little problem matching up. That has been the problem of the Lakers too.

CM_Punk
04-29-2008, 12:07 PM
A lot of people are batting for the changing of the playoff format, such that the top 16 teams regardless of conference would make it to the playoffs, interestingly if that were the case this year, Atlanta and Philadelphia, two teams who are making life difficult for the top 2 teams in the league wouldn't make it to the playoffs.

That's why the playoffs format is fine as it is already, even if teams below .500 in the East qualified for the last 2 spots. The youthful and hungry Hawks and 76ers are giving the top 2 East teams a good fight in their series matchups, and are proving that they belong in the playoffs. It's too bad that several teams in the West missed out, but that's how the conference seedings are supposed to be, and the NBA should stick with the current format.

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I am unable to watch the Celtics-Hawks game.

You have to give credit to the Hawks especially the coaching staff.
Mukhang dadaan sa butas ng karayom ang Boston. Buti na lang sa kanila parin ang home court advantage.

marmand
04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Lets see what the Hawks can do at Boston. They attacked the paint and got good results. Joe Johnson was just eating up the defense thrown at him. Still hoping for an upset but chances still favor the Celtics.

marmand
04-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Jason Kidd wasn't suspended for Game 5. Naawa na din si Stern sa Mavs, with or without him though, looks like this series is over.

Kidd should have been suspended. His foul clear showed that he went for the head of Pargo. His foul was as bad as Dirk.( foul vs. AK47 ) Very subjective. >:(

flsfnoeraekadad
04-29-2008, 01:35 PM
In other news... Lakers sweep the Nuggs.

erichubert
04-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Time to bring on the Jazz. Kobe's worst play-off moment came against the Jazz when he was just starting out. He shot 3 airballs I think in the endgame sealing the Lakers' series loss ( a sweep at that) to the Jazz then. Key match-up here will be Deron Williams, who can stop him from the Lakers?

Of course, Houston can still come back in that series, just looking ahead.

joelex
04-29-2008, 02:00 PM
winning game 4 means it guarantees a game 6 back in the ATL, which means more revenues and a feel good story even if they eventually lose the series. :)

Kid Cubao
04-29-2008, 02:03 PM
no question, byron scott indeed is deserving of the coach of the year award after his remarkable reclamation job on the hornets. however, it must also be noted that the boston celtics, which is mentored by doc rivers, set a new record, i think, in the biggest NBA single-season turnaround--from 18-64 in '06-'07 to 66-16 this season. this is nothing to sneeze at, so if the coach of the year will not be awarded to byron scott, i'm almost certain it will go to doc rivers :)

byron scott set to be named NBA coach of the year. the runner-up was reportedly doc rivers, according to an unnamed source.

shyboy
04-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Pat Riley stepped down as Miami Heat head coach. *In his place is Erik Spoelstra, a Fil-Am.

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I guess the Atlanta coach Mike Woodson is pushing for a contract extension of some sort. Well done, Atlanta. I think these two setbacks for Boston will do them good in the playoffs.

coreytaylor
04-29-2008, 02:07 PM
^ told yah dont count out the hawks yet. kaya pa yan. 1 game at a time my dear hawks.

Dark Knight
04-29-2008, 02:08 PM
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

You all know why im mad. Boston lost. But IMO, game 4 will be Atlanta's last win of the season. Boston will take Games 5 and 6.

;D :D

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
I think with Doc Rivers coaching the Celtics with the new Big Three there is no question they will go deep in the playoffs. That was expected.

What was not expected is the over-achieving Hornets. Indeed, Byron Scott is deserving to be named this year's NBA Coach of the Year.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-29-2008, 02:16 PM
I guess the Atlanta coach Mike Woodson is pushing for a contract extension of some sort. Well done, Atlanta. I think these two setbacks for Boston will do them good in the playoffs.

Not if they lose two more. ;D

And yeah, Mike Woodson's job is secure.

erichubert
04-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Can Atlanta do a Golden State? Well momentum is really a powerful thing, it can change everything in an instant. That is the key right now, Atlanta needs to ride this momentum to continue this run. Boston's twin losses in Atlanta really exposes them, that is why I feel Lebron and the Cavs have what it takes to beat them.

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
^ I still see Boston winning that series against Atlanta. The Celtics are the number 1 defensive team in the regular season so expect them to raise their level after these two defeats.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Just extending the series will do good for Boston's next opponent.

marmand
04-29-2008, 02:46 PM

Not if they lose two more. ;D

And yeah, Mike Woodson's job is secure.

The Hawks' success ( so far ) in the playoffs would help settle the ownership problem. This is the most pressing problem that the Hawks should iron out before anything else. Upon seeing a winning team, the owners should settle down and do whats good for the team.

Dark Knight
04-29-2008, 03:26 PM
^ I still see Boston winning that series against Atlanta. The Celtics are the number 1 defensive team in the regular season so expect them to raise their level after these two defeats.

Everything pointing Boston's way. Law of average caught up with the Celts. After defeating the hawks in 5 straight games, its time for Atlanta to pick a win or two.

But Boston isnt the top team for nothing. It will be very hard for the 8th seed hawks to defeat the top seed thrice or 4 times in a row.

marmand
04-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Agree with you but miracles do happen. ;D A lot of people thought that the Celtics would sweep. It was more likely after the first two games which were blowout wins for the Celtics. Then games 3 and 4 took everybody by surprise so anything can still happen.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-29-2008, 03:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSempHcQZK0

Zaza vs KG

King_stag
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Prior to the taunting that happened game 3 of the boston-atlanta series Paul Pierce was Fined 25k for the hand gestures he showed while he walked towards the bench of atlanta. Comish told "if you get baited, dont take the bait" ;)

marmand
04-29-2008, 03:57 PM
In other words, Ang pikon talo. :D

King_stag
04-29-2008, 04:00 PM
many thought it was al horford that's gonna' be fined. But the second motion always gets the attention ;D pierce should have known better. All i can say is he deserve a heftier fine

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm sure the fine didn't affect Pierce's game. But more than the fine, the loss pierced through Paul's ego. ;D ;D

King_stag
04-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm sure the fine didn't affect Pierce's game. But more than the fine, the loss pierced through Paul's ego. ;D ;D

he can handle that. He is a self-proclaimed superstar hehe. ;D m quite surprised that a playoff jersey fitted him, his head is too big for that jersey to pass thru his head.

erichubert
04-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Everything pointing Boston's way. Law of average caught up with the Celts. After defeating the hawks in 5 straight games, its time for Atlanta to pick a win or two.

But Boston isnt the top team for nothing. It will be very hard for the 8th seed hawks to defeat the top seed thrice or 4 times in a row.

I don't think the twin losses can be attributed to the law of averages, hell the Lakers beat the Nuggets 7 straight times this season. Boston should have swept the Hawks but didn't. They are still overwhelming favorites to win this series but they sure made it much more interesting than it should have been.

marmand
04-29-2008, 04:51 PM
^ They will simply too confident that they underestimated the Hawks.

marmand
04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
^ They will simply too confident that they underestimated the Hawks.

They were simply too confident that they underestimated the Hawks.

stonecold316
04-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Great job by the Lakers of sweeping its series with Denver in four games.

As I said a few weeks ago, LA will be the dominant team in the west. Kahit andyan pa ang NO at San Antonio, they are no match with the Lakers youth and team play.

stonecold316

erichubert
04-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I read in ESPN.com that Garnett, Perkins and Marvin Williams would be investigated by the NBA regarding the fracas that happened in the second quarter. My guess is Perkins and Williams would be suspended since they were in the bench and had one foot on the floor as per the replay. The NBA has been consistent with this, so I don't see why they would spare the two of them. I would be shocked if they suspended Garnett.

Dark Knight
04-29-2008, 06:09 PM

I don't think the twin losses can be attributed to the law of averages, hell the Lakers beat the Nuggets 7 straight times this season. Boston should have swept the Hawks but didn't. They are still overwhelming favorites to win this series but they sure made it much more interesting than it should have been.

Yes. But maybe, Atlanta is the kontrapelo to the Celtics regardless of their number of wins. Maybe, the Celtics are much comfortable facing a much higher seed than the Hawks. Maybe the Lakers just got Denver's numbers. Maybe the Lakers will stumble in the 2nd round.

Just maybe......... :D

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 09:19 PM
I read in ESPN.com that Garnett, Perkins and Marvin Williams would be investigated by the NBA regarding the fracas that happened in the second quarter. My guess is Perkins and Williams would be suspended since they were in the bench and had one foot on the floor as per the replay. The NBA has been consistent with this, so I don't see why they would spare the two of them. I would be shocked if they suspended Garnett.

If this is the case, there is nothing to argue. This was almost the same thing with Amare last year in San Antonio when Horry intentionally decked Nash to the sidelines, and the Amare suspension cost the Suns that series.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Garnett SHOULD be suspended for starting the fracas.

dark_seid
04-29-2008, 10:55 PM

huh? but why? that's just an elbow. didn't swing it around.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-29-2008, 11:55 PM

He also shoved off a referee. Per NBA rules, that merits a suspension. Hitting a player is one thing. But hitting a referee is an entirely different thing.

Well, let's just leave that to the league officials. That's just my opinion.

MonL
04-30-2008, 07:44 AM

He also shoved off a referee. Per NBA rules, that merits a suspension. Hitting a player is one thing. But hitting a referee is an entirely different thing.

It's official. No suspensions will be meted out to any player involved in the fracas.

MonL
04-30-2008, 07:47 AM

byron scott set to be named NBA coach of the year. the runner-up was reportedly doc rivers, according to an unnamed source.

It's already official. Scott indeed won, with Doc a far second, Ric Adelman third.

erichubert
04-30-2008, 09:31 AM

Yes. But maybe, Atlanta is the kontrapelo to the Celtics regardless of their number of wins. Maybe, the Celtics are much comfortable facing a much higher seed than the Hawks. Maybe the Lakers just got Denver's numbers. Maybe the Lakers will stumble in the 2nd round.

Just maybe......... :D

The Lakers can lose anytime whether in the 2nd round or in the finals, but at least they took care of business in the first round against a tougher opponent in the tougher conference. Whether the Celtics go on to win or not, these two losses would show the Cavs, Magic and Pistons that they are beatable. This would come back to haunt them.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-30-2008, 10:21 AM
If Utah wins, it will be interesting how will the Lakers defend the D-Will. Ariza's return in this series will be very key.

tigerman
04-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Pahiya tayong mga bumoto sa Mavs primarily due to their playoff experience. ;D

CP3 and co. off to the 2nd round. Dirk and co. off to a long summer again. ;D

I feel sorry especially for Kidd, one of my basketball heroes. Too bad the elusive championship ring continues to avoid him.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 11:16 AM
It's already official. Scott indeed won, with Doc a far second, Ric Adelman third.

As expected, this was a "no brainer". Byron Scott deserves to be this season's Coach of the Year.

If the Lakers would go up against the Jazz, i would bet on LA. LA has the deeper bench and homecourt advantage. the Center matchup between Gasol and Okur, clearly Pau has the edge. You can also say when Utah has the ball, Odom could play Okur, who is a perimeter threat. LA has the best one-on-one player on the planet right now in Kobe Bryant. Expect Kobe to attract defenses and get his teammates involved.

tigerman
04-30-2008, 11:25 AM
It looks like the Rockets-Jazz series will return to Salt Lake City for game 6 as Houston is leading 74-57 with still 11 mins. in the 4th.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

marmand
04-30-2008, 11:51 AM
It looks like the Rockets-Jazz series will return to Salt Lake City for game 6 as Houston is leading 74-57 with still 11 mins. in the 4th.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Rockets up by 22 with 2 mins. left. Hope they can extend it to a 7th game. ;D

tigerman
04-30-2008, 11:54 AM
There will be a game 6 in salt lake city.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 11:57 AM
^The Rockets are making it really hard for the Jazz. The Rockets are showing their heart this series. I would like this to go seven games.

tigerman
04-30-2008, 12:00 PM
^ And for TMac to finally get past the 2nd round hehe...

Meanwhile, the Suns are leading the Spurs 74-72 as of this writing.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

marmand
04-30-2008, 12:03 PM
^The Rockets are making it really hard for the Jazz. The Rockets are showing their heart this series. I would like this to go seven games.

Just win game 6 and I strongly feel that T-Mac gets to the 2nd round.

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 12:05 PM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

All for T-Mac's legacy.
Phoenix is still fighting. "All for the Legacy of Steve Nash"? ;D
I'm still in favor of Phoenix though.

erichubert
04-30-2008, 12:05 PM

It's official. No suspensions will be meted out to any player involved in the fracas.

I wonder how Phoenix fans are taking the news that both Williams and Perkins won't be suspended despite having a foot on the floor from the bench. Add to the fact that both David Stern and Stu Jackson were in attendance that night, where is the consistency? The situations are similar, both incident occured in Game 4, both series are tied at 2-2, why the difference in dealing with it?

marmand
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

All for T-Mac's legacy.
Phoenix is still fighting. "All for the Legacy of Steve Nash"? ;D
I'm still in favor of Phoenix though.

Win game 5 then go back home to win game 6 then go back to San Antonio for a 7th game. Hmm....

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Win game 5 then go back home to win game 6 then go back to San Antonio for a 7th game. Hmm....

It's a tough task but possible.
Baka mawalan ng gasolina si Shaq pagdating ng game7? ;D

erichubert
04-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Shaq has missed 11 freethrows already and they are down by 1. Kahit si Steve Kerr hindi siya maturuan magfree throw :D Seriously, those are gimmes, he is already in his what 15th year? At least man lang dapat 60% shooter na siya.

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Shaq has missed 11 freethrows already and they are down by 1. Kahit si Steve Kerr hindi siya maturuan magfree throw :D Seriously, those are gimmes, he is already in his what 15th year? At least man lang dapat 60% shooter na siya.

Kaihit sinong coach siguro ang i-hire to teach Shaq ay mahihirapan.
Tingnan mo naman yung grip nya sa free-throw line, parang tennis ball yung bola sa kamay niya. ;D :D
Shaq has huge hands.
He may opt to try "The Arinola shot". ;D Rick Barry-style.

marmand
04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
^ Package deal yan kay Shaq. You get the inside force but you also get Bricks. ;D

tigerman
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Ang sama ng tawag ng ref dun sa 5th foul ni Shaq. But Phoenix with their costly turnovers and terrible ft shooting...

Suns down by 2 points vs. Spurs

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
04-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Another crucial turnover by Nash! He probably ate butterfingers before the game.

Spurs up by 4 91-87. This series is over.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
04-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Its New Orleans vs. San Antonio in the West semis

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

marmand
04-30-2008, 12:42 PM
^ Parker vs. Paul, Tim vs. David, Manu vs. Peja. The bench will decide this series.

tigerman
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Steve Nash's performance earlier is probably his worst playoff game in his 2nd stint with Phoenix. He finished with just 3 assists, 5 to's (mostly crucial ones) and 11 points on just 4 of 16 from the floor. Credit goes to Bowen and the Spurs' vaunted team defense.

Can Bowen duplicate the same against playoff neophyte Chris Paul? Let's see.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

King_stag
04-30-2008, 01:23 PM
ďIím proud of Arron (Afflalo). Arronís going to be a hell of a defensive player in this league once he starts to get regular minutes every night. I just told him to go out there and listen for my voice, I try to yell to him from the bench, if the pick is coming from the left or the right. Just go out there and play your game. He takes pride in that defensive end of the floor. He always wants to go out there and guard the best guy which isnít too common for a rookie.Ē
-Sheed On Afflalo's D. I think arron's game is quite similar with rajah bell, in his UCLA days he is a scorer but he is a better on-ball defender. Anyway, nice win for detroit hope they can close out the series in 6 at phili. ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 01:31 PM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Chris Paul is much younger than Nash. Bowen will have trouble guarding Paul.
This will be a great series Hornets vs. Spurs. I am for the Hornets in this series.

dark_seid
04-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Chris Paul is much younger than Nash. Bowen will have trouble guarding Paul.
This will be a great series Hornets vs. Spurs. I am for the Hornets in this series.

yep, but can paul handle arm-wrestling with bowen? and maybe the other "tricks" up bruce's sleeve?

marmand
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Steve Nash's performance earlier is probably his worst playoff game in his 2nd stint with Phoenix. He finished with just 3 assists, 5 to's (mostly crucial ones) and 11 points on just 4 of 16 from the floor. Credit goes to Bowen and the Spurs' vaunted team defense.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Nash's game has been dipping. He is not the same Nash of 2004 and 2005.

erichubert
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
I think we are seeing Steve Nash showing his age, his body has been through a lot of battles. Right now, the important thing for him is to have an able back-up so that he won't be forced to play heavy minutes day in and day out, reserve that body for the play-offs. He probably still has a good 2-3 years in him, provided he gets his minutes sliced.

King_stag
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Maybe a reliable backup guard from the draft can help? or a veteran free agent for next season, he playd tons of minutes that's why he's a step slower. what's next for the suns? maybe shaq can make another movie or a single ;D and Raja Bell can focus on improving his website, he looked good with those cardigans :D

tigerman
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
^ Same goes for Jason Kidd. That nasty foul on Pargo was not the Kidd we know on the court (of course his off-the court battles with his wife is beside the point ;D). Halatang disappointed siya sa nangyari eh.

With the premature playoff exits of Dallas and Phoenix, both CP3 and Deron have overtaken the oldies Kidd and Nash in the best pgs of the league.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
04-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Meron na dapat back-up si Nash sa draft eh, si Rondo sayang na-trade. For the draft, I think that should be their priority considering they have the 15th pick, and point guard heavy itong draft. DJ Augustin or Ty Lawson would be good for them. The good thing is both are within their drafting range so it is not a longshot for them to acquire one of these two.

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Meron na dapat back-up si Nash sa draft eh, si Rondo sayang na-trade. For the draft, I think that should be their priority considering they have the 15th pick, and point guard heavy itong draft. DJ Augustin or Ty Lawson would be good for them. The good thing is both are within their drafting range so it is not a longshot for them to acquire one of these two.

DJ Augustin is a Jameer Nelson. They are small-size guards and looks similar with their plays.

King_stag
04-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Very deep indeed. They can also get mario chalmers or lester hudson.

marmand
04-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Carlos Arroyo would be a good pick up for the Suns.

erichubert
04-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Medyo deep din ang free agent class for back-up point guards. They could choose from Tyronn Lue, Anthony Carter, Juan Dixon, Jason Williams, Beno Udrih, Keyon Dooling, Chris Duhon and much much more.

From this list I like Duhon for the Suns, can play defense probably won't cost much given his bad year this year and has a solid offensive game. Intriguing din si J-Will showtime naman ang laro ng Suns pwede siya.

marmand
04-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Medyo deep din ang free agent class for back-up point guards. They could choose from Tyronn Lue, Anthony Carter, Juan Dixon, Jason Williams, Beno Udrih, Keyon Dooling, Chris Duhon and much much more.

From this list I like Duhon for the Suns, can play defense probably won't cost much given his bad year this year and has a solid offensive game. Intriguing din si J-Will showtime naman ang laro ng Suns pwede siya.

Ok si J-Will but like Shaq, injuries would hunt him the entire season.

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Injury-prone narin si Jason Williams.
He's not the "white chocolate" anymore. Wala na ang "white" sa chocolate niya. ;D
Next season baka pang back-up na lang siya.

mighty_lion
04-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Suns and Dallas fans. Inuman tayo. ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 04:17 PM

It's payday. ;D
Sa wakas pwede na uminom ulit si Carmelo Anthony. ;D ;D

marmand
04-30-2008, 04:59 PM

Sana hindi rin yung mga Rockets fans sa sabado. :D

flsfnoeraekadad
04-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Pwede na ulit mag pot-session si J-Ho. ;D

cub
04-30-2008, 07:40 PM
What to do for the teams eliminated in the playoffs this offseason:

Phoenix - do not release anyone. please. (except for guys like Marks, Pike, Alando). get a free agent who is a good defender like Quinton Ross, Hassell or a rookie (Russell Westbrook or Dorsey).

Dallas - fire Avery. release Jones or Stack, add a rookie who plays the 2 position so that Kidd and Terry can relieve each other. Brandon Rush or Eric Gordon maybe? i guess they will fall late in the first round.

Denver - Trade Melo to the East and relive the rivalry between him and LeBron, also, Melo can reach the second round there. Fire George Karl.

Toronto - sign and trade Calderon if possible. he's an expirer and is looking to move to another team. so sign him and get a good back PG or a Center in return.

Washington (will be eliminated tomorrow) - sign Jamison no matter how much he will cost and get a back up for Haywood and Jamison.

mighty_lion
04-30-2008, 08:13 PM

Phoenix - do not release anyone. please. (except for guys like Marks, Pike, Alando). get a free agent who is a good defender like Quinton Ross, Hassell or a rookie.

Phoenix:
- Its time to trade Barbosa. Barbosa is a great season player guy but a now show come playoff year on year.
- Retain Nash, Amare, Shaq, Bell and Diaw.
- Get a quality wing who can create offense for himself and defend the hell out of it. Artest, Maggette, Iggy or even Josh Howard.
- Rehire Ivaroni if Memphis fires him.
- and the most important one, find a way to trade Sarver for Mark Cuban. ;D

marmand
04-30-2008, 08:42 PM

Phoenix - do not release anyone. please. (except for guys like Marks, Pike, Alando). get a free agent who is a good defender like Quinton Ross, Hassell or a rookie.

Dallas - fire Avery. release Jones or Stack, add a rookie who plays the 2 position so that Kidd and Terry can relieve each other. Brandon Rush or Eric Gordon maybe? i guess they will fall late in the first round.

Denver - Trade Melo to the East and relive the rivalry between him and LeBron, also, Melo can reach the second round there. Fire George Karl.

Toronto - sign and trade Calderon if possible. he's an expirer and is looking to move to another team. so sign him and get a good back PG or a Center in return.

Washington (will be eliminated tomorrow) - sign Jamison no matter how much he will cost and get a back up for Haywood and Jamison.

For Josh Smith ( sign and trade ) and Marvin Williams. Great for both teams. Hawks gets help for Joe Johnson and Denver gets young legs who can play defense.

Mateen Cleaves
04-30-2008, 09:31 PM

Bottomline. Defense wins championships.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Calderon is a keeper. His PG skills are just awesome. If he's moving, I hope Mitch can snatch him.

cub
04-30-2008, 10:18 PM

Phoenix:
- Its time to trade Barbosa. Barbosa is a great season player guy but a now show come playoff year on year.
- Retain Nash, Amare, Shaq, Bell and Diaw.
- Get a quality wing who can create offense for himself and defend the hell out of it. Artest, Maggette, Iggy or even Josh Howard.
- Rehire Ivaroni if Memphis fires him.
- and the most important one, find a way to trade Sarver for Mark Cuban. ;D

Phx can't sign Artest, Maggette, Iggy or J-Ho. they don't have enough room for salary cap that's why i just put Ross in there. but if they are willing to pay the luxury tax, they may sign Mike Miller. a good defender and a guy who can shoot the lights out from the perimeter.

mighty_lion
04-30-2008, 10:33 PM
^ Three way deals and Sign and Trade ideas may do the trick. GS has a TE that can absorb Diaws contract. Or maybe trade up by packaging the Atlanta pick with Barbosa.

cub
04-30-2008, 10:39 PM

ambilis naman nito. hahaha. fired na agad! ;D http://bleacherreport.com/articles/20516-Breaking-News-Dallas-Mavericks-Fire-Avery-Johnson

@ML,

pwede na rin i-trade si LB. pero dapat willing maging role player or off the bench yung magiging kapalit niya..

aircanda
04-30-2008, 11:33 PM

It's payday. ;D
Sa wakas pwede na uminom ulit si Carmelo Anthony. ;D ;D

emotional pa ko mga sir.. hehehe.. kelan pa kaya makakabawi ang Suns sa Spurs na yan?! bad trip eh.. hehehe..peace sa mga spurs jan!

marmand
04-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Do not worry fans of 29 teams every year feel the same. ;D

CM_Punk
04-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Calderon is a keeper. His PG skills are just awesome. If he's moving, I hope Mitch can snatch him.

Jose, while not as flashy as TJ Ford, proved to be more steadier and reliable as the starting point guard for the Raptors. He is also only 26 years old, so he still has plenty of years left to improve on his defensive game. But, it would be difficult to trade TJ Ford, who demanded to be the starter once he returned from his injury and was very unhappy coming off the bench, so the Raptors have a tough choice to make this year regarding their two point guards, who can start for a whole bunch of NBA teams. I do think one of them will get traded in the next few months.

Dark Knight
05-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Paul Pierce is a man possessed in the 1st quarter. ;D

marmand
05-01-2008, 10:15 AM
The Wizards are giving LBJ all that he can handle. Game 6 will be at Washington and if they take this then it will be a classic game 7. Despite game 7 being played at Cleveland, the Wizards have to be favored because of the momentum of winning two in a row.

marmand
05-01-2008, 11:16 AM
To the Hawks, Reality Bites.

marmand
05-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Bye-Bye Avery. Cuban did the expected by firing head coach Avery Johnson. This coming only a day after the lost. :o

The_Big_Cat
05-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Bye-Bye Avery. Cuban did the expected by firing head coach Avery Johnson. This coming only a day after the lost. :o

And maybe put himself in as the new head coach. ;D

marmand
05-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Doubt it. He so hyper that he will average a technical a game. Probably thrown out a minimum of 10 times a season. Fined at least 1 million a year. ;D

Dark Knight
05-01-2008, 02:38 PM
The Hawks are getting pulverized at the Garden.

Game 1 lost by 23
Game 2 lost by 19
Game 5 lost by 25

By the way things are going, should the series reach a game 7, it will be Boston by 20 at least. ;D

King_stag
05-01-2008, 02:54 PM
All Remaining series in the east have the same card at 3-2. ORlando is the only team that is entitled to rest >:(

The_Big_Cat
05-01-2008, 03:22 PM

Game 1 lost by 23
Game 2 lost by 19
Game 5 lost by 25

By the way things are going, should the series reach a game 7, it will be Boston by 20 at least. ;D

Hindi na siguro paaabutin ng Boston sa Game 7. If you are the Celtics you would like to finish this early. The blowout win in Game 5 says "OK you got us scared for two games, that's the last". ;D
Same with Detroit in the other series

King_stag
05-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Detroit will throw d KO punch come game 6. ;)

Dark Knight
05-01-2008, 07:42 PM
All Remaining series in the east have the same card at 3-2. ORlando is the only team that is entitled to rest* >:(

Come to think of it, everyone is talking about the wild, wild west. How teams there are so good that any of the 8 seeded teams can defeat each other. Their number of wins are so close, you would'nt know who will be no. 1 until the last few games.

But if you look at the east, at least 3 series went to six games while the series in the west are already finished by 4 or 5 games. (except for the Utah-Houston series).

So, the EAST are wilder than the WEST IMO. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-01-2008, 08:01 PM
The top-seeded teams in the East are not doing what they are supposed to do and that is dispatching their lower-seed counterparts. As for the top-seeded West teams are doing their jobs right on time.

marmand
05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Good for the West. It was predicted that the East Champs would be rested while the West Champs would be banged up. The West will get tougher. There would not be any sweep or 4-1 series. I see the semi-finals to go at least 6 games each.

King_stag
05-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I go for detroit, but the top two teams in the east have one problem in common. ARROGANCE

marmand
05-01-2008, 09:37 PM
^ Which will cause their downfall.

tigerman
05-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Game 1 lost by 23
Game 2 lost by 19
Game 5 lost by 25

By the way things are going, should the series reach a game 7, it will be Boston by 20 at least.* ;D

During the closing moments of game 5, Dominique Wilkins was shown on tv flashing his 7 fingers. Game 7 back in Boston for him. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
05-01-2008, 09:42 PM
The top-seeded teams in the East are not doing what they are supposed to do and that is dispatching their lower-seed counterparts. As for the top-seeded West teams are doing their jobs right on time.

Good point. But maybe, when it comes to playoffs, seedings mean nothing. You throw all the stats out the window. Teams are back to square one. Atlanta just showed that they can face any team from the higher bracket.

And speaking of ARROGANCE, Kobe and the Lakers are the top seed. *;D

marmand
05-01-2008, 09:44 PM

Good point. But maybe, when it comes to playoffs, seedings mean nothing. You throw all the stats out the window. Teams are back to square one. Atlanta just showed that they can face any team from the higher bracket.

And speaking of ARROGANCE, Kobe and the Lakers are the top seed. ;D

Oh. So True!

King_stag
05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
That's fine kobe looks good in his bobblehead figure. hehe Pierce? nah, his head is already too big, u'l hit the wall paul

Dark Knight
05-02-2008, 12:03 AM

Game 1 lost by 23
Game 2 lost by 19
Game 5 lost by 25

By the way things are going, should the series reach a game 7, it will be Boston by 20 at least.* ;D

During the closing moments of game 5, Dominique Wilkins was shown on tv flashing his 7 fingers. Game 7 back in Boston for him.* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Maybe he means they should lose by 7 only.* :D

flsfnoeraekadad
05-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Detroit vs Orlando.

Me picks Detroit in 7. If Orlando snatches one on the road, it's gon be them in 6.

erichubert
05-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Well Maurice Cheeks after losing Game 5 said they will be back in Detroit for Game 7, that was bold but I guess it was an empty boast on his part.

Bottomline is Detroit and Boston were too arrogant and didn't respect their opponents in the first round. Good thing they were against inferior opponents, allowing them to survive, they can't do that in the next rounds. Arrogant man ang Lakers, at least they showed respect for their opponents and never underestimated them.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Hindi naman arrogant ang Lakers. Sakto lang. Yung 49 lang ni Kobe ang medyo arrogant. ;D

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
The Lakers are entitled to be arrogant because they are the top seed in the West. And as long as they win games OK lang yan.

Pero ang Boston, mukhang nasobrahan ng arrogance at ayun nasilat sila ng 2 games. ;D ;D
But Boston is still my team to beat in these playoffs.