PDA

View Full Version : Adamson hunting for 5th coach in five seasons

kaybee07
10-02-2007, 05:35 PM
My source told me that Bogs Adornado tendered his resignation as head coach of the Adamson Falcons. School officials have shortlisted names of coaches being considered to replace the former PBA great. Among them are: Jing Ruiz, Nel Parado, Al Solis, Bong dela Cruz, Boysie Zamar, Robert Sison and Luigi Trillo.

Who do you think will be the Falcons' fifth coach in as many years?

stat
10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
oh! bring back luigi! someone said that he made a championship team if kung sabay-sabay sila nag mature! 2nd chance is not bad

bchoter
10-03-2007, 11:18 AM
But since his original recruits will no longer be around Luigi will start another rebuilding process daw :D

oca
10-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Rebuilding by a coach who after a season or two ay mawawala o tatanggalin o papalitan... ::)

Sinong matinong player ang mahihikayat sa ganong nakagawian ng paaralan? ::)

batangueño
10-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Sus ginoo naman itong Adamson! Nandyan na nga si Coach Jing, maghahanap pa ng iba? ::)

stat
10-03-2007, 05:00 PM
si luigi nahiya lang talaga kasi nga hindi niya mapapunta ang adamson sa final four first coaching job niya yun. ngaun my mga experiences na siya sa pbl mas matured na siya. ill get his email and motivate to have another chance with adamson

kaybee07
10-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Sus ginoo naman itong Adamson! Nandyan na nga si Coach Jing, maghahanap pa ng iba? ::)

Don't be surprised by this action by AdU school officials, they are well-known for mismanaging their basketball team! Hehe!

More names from the coaches' shortlist include Nash Racela and Koy Banal.

Dark Knight
10-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Since uso ang former players, try Al Solis.

Coaching wise, Koy Banal.

Personality wise, Luigi Trillo ;D

GHRanger
10-04-2007, 09:52 AM
If there's one thing I noticed about Luigi Trillo's time was that he brought back the basics of basketball into Adamson. He was literally rebuilding the skills and the players/team. Malas lang talaga that he went on to be winless in 2 years (please correct.) Luigi's a good candidate but he's up against stiff competition in that list. IMHO, let Al Solis be part of the team as a skills coach. :P

AnthonyServinio
10-04-2007, 10:53 AM
* * *COUNT Al Solis out of the Adamson coaching equation.* He would rather stay in Cebu with his family where he also has a stable coaching career as the head coach of Arthro Kontra Arthritis in the Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association and as an assistant coach at the multi-titled University of the Visayas Lancers.

* * *I talked to the man recently.* The idea of him coaching in Manila arose because of a Vincentian priest who was based in Cebu near where the Solis Family lives.* However, don't expect to see Coach Solis in San Marcelino even in the distant future.

stat
10-07-2007, 07:46 PM
COUNT Al Solis out of the Adamson coaching equation. He would rather stay in Cebu with his family where he also has a stable coaching career as the head coach of Arthro Kontra Arthritis in the Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association and as an assistant coach at the multi-titled University of the Visayas Lancers.

I talked to the man recently. The idea of him coaching in Manila arose because of a Vincentian priest who was based in Cebu near where the Solis Family lives. However, don't expect to see Coach Solis in San Marcelino even in the distant future.

then so be it. napaka defensive mo

mighty_lion
10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Any update on the search?

Semenelin
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
kung pwede makiboto mga taga labas boto ako kay coach koy.

stat
10-11-2007, 06:37 PM
koy banal! koy banal!

kaybee07
10-12-2007, 02:29 PM
As of today, Coach Jing Ruiz is interim coach of the Falcons. We don't know if he will be named to the head coaching position permanently.

bluefelix90
10-12-2007, 06:46 PM
As of today, Coach Jing Ruiz is interim coach of the Falcons. We don't know if he will be named to the head coaching position permanently.

from my stand point, he should be fired! he failed the number one rule of coaching ethics.... taking someones head coaching job to fulfill his aspirations... ask the letran camp, his reputation is not so good...

stat
10-12-2007, 07:58 PM

from my stand point, he should be fired! he failed the number one rule of coaching ethics.... taking someones head coaching job to fulfill his aspirations... ask the letran camp, his reputation is not so good...

what happen ba

bluefelix90
10-13-2007, 06:50 PM

what happen ba

one of the coaching staff of letran told me that jing ruiz during his term as assistant in pbl toyota otis had a falling out with head coach louie alas when the later found out that jing was manuevering his way to the management so he can get the head coaching position....they even called him black sheep....

do you think he is not being consistent in adamson, when the legendary pba player coach boggs adornado was ungracefully demoted from time to time in the elimination round of the uaap. (there were some games jing took the shot).

if he has the coaching ethics, definitely he will not allow the management of adamson to play around in assigning who to HEAD COACH a certain game... parang gusto tuloy nya patunayan na magaling siya kay coach boggs.

respect na lang di ba, regardless of the shortcomings of coach boggs...

for instance, there is one assistant coach in ust , his name is coach acot, everybody knew in the coaching circles that the ust head coach pido jarencio benefitted from the last years championship because of his assistant.

the instant success of the tigers under coach pido came from the system installed by coach acot. pero they worked as a team, his assistant didnt betray him. kahit na alam ng lahat eh it was coach acots magic that did the trick. naging symbolical figure lang si coach pido.

teka nga, may connection din pala si coach acot sa adamson.nABASA ko sa isang message board, cant remember kung saan, during the time of coach luigi trillo, he tried to hook coach acot to adamson to handle the high school team and assist him in the seniors but it didnt push thru because of an exclusive contract with the cebuana lhullier rp national team.

bakit di nyo pala siya i-consider to coach the adamson falcons... hehehehe just an idea po!

bchoter
10-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm sick of reading coach Beaujing's name everywhere :(

amdgc82
10-18-2007, 05:58 AM
A Falcon facelift again?
By Joel Orellana*
Reporter
http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/10182007/sports01.html

ADAMSON University appeared bent at not renewing the contract of its Soaring Falcons head coach William “Bogs” Adornado, but a school official said the former star would remain in its long-term basketball program.

BusinessMirror also learned yesterday that Adamson has already been entertaining applicants for the head coaching job of the Falcons, who finished seventh in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) Season 70 with only two victories as against 12 defeats. The Falcons beat University of the Philippines (UP), which lost all its games.

Among those reportedly being considered are Nash Racela, Adamson juniors head coach Dayong Mendoza and Adornado’s assistant, Jing Ruiz.

Adamson athletic director Ruel de la Rosa told BusinessMirror the school has not reached the point of dropping Adornado, who remains the head coach of the Falcons.

“We’re crafting a long-term basketball program for Adamson, and I believe he [Adornado] is still part of that program,” said de la Rosa.

A team insider contradicted de la Rosa’s statement, saying the Soaring Falcons will undergo changes in its coaching staff anew.

Luigi Trillo, now one of the assistants at Alaska in the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA), handled the team from 2002 to 2004. After a disappointing campaign, he was replaced by Mel Alas, brother of Letran mentor Louie.

The Falcons again faltered under Alas in 2005 before Leo Austria helped the team to its first Final Four stint last season. Most Valuable Player Kenneth Bono was on that Season 69 team.

De la Rosa confirmed the applications the school has received for the head coaching job. He refused to comment any further, though.

Racela, brother of PBA guard Olsen, has the edge among the applicants, the insider said.

Racela is no stranger to collegiate basketball, as he previously handled San Beda College in 2004 up to the middle of 2005 season before he was replaced by Koy Banal. BusinessMirror also learned that PBA great Hector Calma, an Adamson alumnus, is endorsing Racela. Calma was a member of the Adamson team that won its only UAAP crown in 1977.

But whoever gets the job, or if Adornado stays in the team, the Soaring Falcons will be headed for another rough Season 71 with the exit of key player Patrick Cabahug, the Falcons’ leading scorer and rebounder.

Cabahug is no longer eligible next season. He was the league’s top scorer with 21.3 a game and was No. 4 in rebounds with 8.4. He is currently in the pool of the Harbour Centre-backed national team of coach Junel Baculi.

Over at UP, dean Hercules Callanta of the College of Human Kinetics said the UP Chancellor’s Office has not yet accepted the recommendation of the board on the termination of Joe Lipa as Fighting Maroons head coach.

Callanta has already told Lipa last month that he had been dropped as Maroons coach.

amdgc82
12-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Adamson wants Welcoat coach Austria
By Reuel Vidal
Wednesday, December 5, 2007

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=sports3_dec5_2007

IS Welcoat Dragons coach Leo Austria headed back to the Adamson University Falcons?

The veteran Philippine Basketball Association coach is reportedly being wooed by Adamson University to return to the Falcons’ bench with a very attractive offer.

As head coach, Austria led the Falcons to their first-ever Final Four appearance in the University Athletic Association of Philippines in 2006. In the process, Adamson center Ken Bono also won the Most Valuable Player award.

Both Austria and Bono did not return this year and the Soaring Falcons crashed down to Earth, losing all but two of their games and finishing second to last, ahead only of the University of the Philippines Fighting Maroons.

Adamson school authorities are reportedly very eager to have Austria return so that the team can contend on even terms against other powerhouse teams La Salle, Ateneo, University of the East and Far Eastern University.

Austria is in his second year with the Welcoat Dragons and reportedly does not have a contract beyond the Philippine Cup. Bono is with the Alaska Aces.

“I will be very disappointed if he leaves the team,” said Welcoat starting center JayR Reyes. “On and off the court tinutulungan niya ako. Kahit na noong off-season, siya na ang nagtuturo sa akin ng moves at kung saan pumuwesto sa court. Nagti-tiyaga talaga siyang ituro sa akin ang lahat, pati ang pinakamaliit na detalye.”

The Dragons were dead last in the 10-team field of the PBA last year. But after the off-season acquisition of veteran slotman Nic Belasco from the Alaska Aces and the addition of no. 1 draft pick Joe Devance, the Dragons were off to a strong start in the ongoing Philippine Cup.

But the Dragons have since stumbled in large part, because of injuries to key players Reyes, Rob Wainwright and Froilan Baguion.

The injury to Reyes was devastating. Before his injury, Reyes, Belasco and Devance were able to hold their own against the league’s best frontliners.

“Mula pa noong simula ng career ko, nandoon na siya,” said Reyes of Austria. “Sa PBL pa lang, noong rookie ako, nandoon na siya, hindi lang para turuan ako kundi para i-motivate din ako. Hindi lang siya mahusay na coach, mabait pa siya at marunong makisama.”

oca
12-06-2007, 08:43 AM
I like the idea of one school doing its darn best to get the coach that it wants.

We don't know how fullfilling--monetary and emotional-- the PBA job is for Austria. But imo he can do a lot of good for Philippine basketball if he returns to collegiate basketball.

I hope the Falcons succeed in snatching Austria from Welcoat.

LION
12-06-2007, 09:10 AM
^ Parang suntok sa buwan yan a. ;D

taurus_pride
12-06-2007, 05:58 PM
sana nga bumalik na si coach leo austria sa adamson. as of the moment, coach jing is taking charge and will be coacing the team sa Fr. Martin's cup.

amdgc82
12-11-2007, 06:47 AM
http://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com/2007/12/uaap-news.html

UAAP News
Monday, December 10, 2007

Boysie Zamar and a Talk 'N Text assistant coach are the candidates for the Adamson Falcons head coaching position. Jing Ruiz is reported to remain assistant. Team management wants to bring in a seasoned coach since the Falcons are said to have a good team with a Fil-Am player also being elevated from their Team B.

kaybee07
12-11-2007, 04:10 PM
^ I think the Talk 'N Text assistant coach being referred to is Bong Ramos. According to player agent Ed Ponseja, AdU officials asked him for a copy of Coach Bong's resume`...

crees
12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
elow.. newbie here..

si coach boyzie is also a good choice, he used to coach for ue (james yap era) at masasabi kong ok na ok din sya to replace coach bogs. may experience na rin sya sa seagames (correct me if im wrong) and also sikat sya sa indonesia (just like christian bautista.. joke) dahil sa pagkaka-alam ko eh naka-base sya dun as a coach of a certain team there.

koy banal, championship wise.. lahat na lang ata ng mahawakan nun nagcha-champion eh. feu. beda. sana adu naman. hehehe

coach luigi, sayang at hindi ko sya naabutan. si coach alas na yung naabutan ko eh. magaling sya mag-recruit.. sina bono, cabahug, hugnatan, poloyapoy et. al ang mga produkto nun. 2nd chance? why not/

but i like coach leo austria talaga. ;) kahit paano sa pag-stay ko ng adu nakapasok ang falcons sa final four.

lionbanker
12-15-2007, 07:46 PM
koy banal, championship wise.. lahat na lang ata ng mahawakan nun nagcha-champion eh. feu. beda. sana adu naman. hehehe

I think magaling lang siya pumili ng team na hahawakan, with FEU and San Beda, championship material na yun line-up nila. Timing lang na nung vacant yung coaching position ng San Beda and FEU, parehas malakas yung lineup. Hindi lahat ng hinahawakan niya nag chachampion, look at his team sa PBL right now.

crees
12-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I think magaling lang siya pumili ng team na hahawakan, with FEU and San Beda, championship material na yun line-up nila.* Timing lang na nung vacant yung coaching position ng San Beda and FEU, parehas malakas yung lineup.* Hindi lahat ng hinahawakan niya nag chachampion,* look at his team sa PBL right now.*

kungsabagay.. ;) napag-usapan din namin yan ng mga kaklase ko kanina. hindi na kasi ako nakaknood ng pbl at nasabi din nila sakin yan. i asked them kung sino gusto nila maging coach at sabi nila si coach leo daw.

crees
12-15-2007, 08:56 PM
ask ko lang po, kasama din po ba si father gregg sa pagpili ng magiging coach o ang bahala na dun ay yung mga administrators ng athletics ng adu? ???

kaybee07
12-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi crees, welcome to the AdU forum!

I think Fr. Greg and Fr. Max both have a say in deciding the Falcons' team affairs....

batangueño
01-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Unexciting Maroons, Falcons seeking coaches
By Jasmine W. Payo
Philippine Daily Inquirer (http://)
First Posted 09:06pm (Mla time) 01/04/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- Two teams that languished at the bottom of last season's UAAP basketball battles began the year with a search for new men's basketball coaches.

The Adamson Falcons are looking for their fifth mentor in as many seasons, while the University of the Philippines Maroons are seeking their third in four years.

Assistant coach Jing Ruiz took over as Falcons interim mentor after William "Bogs' Adornado's one-year contract as head coach lapsed on Dec. 31.

The Maroons dismissed the colorful Joe Lipa last September, but they still face a blank wall after top early choices Eric Altamirano and Ronnie Magsanoc begged off.

Adamson did not renew the services of Adornado, a three-time PBA Most Valuable Player, after the Falcons registered only two victories in 14 games for a seventh-place finish.

No names have been disclosed in the Falcons' short list of candidates, but among the names being floated include Ruiz, former San Beda mentor Nash Racela, Talk 'N Text assistant coach Bong Ramos and former national team mentor Boysie Zamar.

"Maybe by next week [we'll have updates],' said Fr. Max Rendon, Adamson's UAAP representative.

Altamirano and Magsanoc, Lipa's wards in the Maroons' only UAAP title run in 1986, were among the favored replacements following UP's winless campaign.

But Altamirano decided to focus on the country's grassroots program as head of the National Basketball Training Center, while Magsanoc continues to serve as Purefoods' assistant coach in the PBA.

"[On the coaching developments], there's none yet,' said Hercules Callanta, dean of the College Human Kinetics and UP's representative to the UAAP board.

Lipa returned to the Maroons bench in 2006 after the Diliman-based squad sacked coach Lito Vergara.

Before Adornado, the Falcons also had disappointing campaigns under Luigi Trillo (2002-2004) and Mel Alas (2005).

A breakthrough season came in 2006, when coach Leo Austria steered the Falcons to their first Final Four stint.

Austria, though, gave up his post to coach Welcoat Paints in the PBA.

taurus_pride
01-22-2008, 04:24 PM
let's wait for some surprises from the administration... ;)

canmaker
01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
How true is it that Bong Ramos is the new head coach of Adamson?

kaybee07
01-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi canmaker,

As of today Jing Ruiz is still handling coaching chores for Adamson.

As my kumareng taurus_pride said, we are awaiting the school admin's announcement regarding this matter. Something BIG and POSITIVE (for a change! hehe!) is in the works, or so we've heard...

canmaker
01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Salamat gid ... good luck to Adamson ...

-----

Hi canmaker,

As my kumareng taurus_pride said, we are awaiting the school admin's announcement regarding this matter. Something BIG and POSITIVE (for a change! hehe!) is in the works, or so we've heard...

stat
01-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi canmaker,

ano yang big and positive na yan. bakit wala ung mga team a kanina. i am impressed with the workout of ruiz. ang gagaling nila sa praktis e. para ateneo maglaro..

sa praktis lang

taurus_pride
02-06-2008, 10:52 PM

It is confirmed... ;)

batangueño
02-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Share naman dyan, please? ;D

kaybee07
02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I don't want to make any premature statements but let's just say if all goes well, a great coach will be handling the Falcons this coming UAAP. Am I right mareng taurus? :)

dioning
02-07-2008, 05:02 PM
baka si joe lipa
or si manong derek

may nag-tsismax din sa oblation nation na nag-transfer daw sa adamson si soc rivera
is that true?

stat
02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
cmon, dali na im excited. sabi nga c derek pumaren ang bagong coach? is this mean wala na si bigote sa coaching staff? baka naman c joel banal o kaya naman si trillo. kelan ba pwde sabihin yan

stonecold316
02-08-2008, 01:44 AM
For the sake of Adamson, sana hindi si Jing ang coach ng school... ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

batangueño
02-08-2008, 03:44 AM
Derrick Pumaren? Hmmmmmm... Kasi naman, i-share niyo na po kasi please? ;D

Dark Knight
02-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Si Nel Parado na lang. ;D

stonecold316
02-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Si Nel Parado na lang. ;D

Nakupo, wag na at baka lalong walang mangyari sa Adamson. Look at USTe, when he handled the team lalong pumangit performance ng Tigers. Bakit di ninyo i-consider si Hector Calma? The player who guided ADU to its first and only UAAP title in 1978. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

AnthonyServinio
02-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Si Nel Parado na lang.* ;D

Nakupo, wag na at baka lalong walang mangyari sa Adamson. Look at USTe, when he handled the team lalong pumangit performance ng Tigers. Bakit di ninyo i-consider si Hector Calma? The player who guided* ADU to its first and only UAAP title in 1978.* ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

* * *OF COURSE Hector Calma was the team's best player and leader but the coach was the very colorful character Moises "Barok" Urbiztondo!

* * *By the way, Calma's coaching experience is limited to a brief stint with Pop Cola as an assistant to Norman Black.

batangueño
02-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Off-Topic: So, is there anyone in San Marcelino who can now confirm the transfer of Soc Rivera from UP to Adamson?

On-Topic: I have this strange feeling that Manong Derrick is the "surprise" of Adamson to the rest of the UAAP. :D

stat
02-09-2008, 12:16 PM
confirmed na! rivera will gonna play for adamson. sana a bigtime coach will gonna teach the young guns of adu,.

coreytaylor
02-09-2008, 01:24 PM
confirmed na! rivera will gonna play for adamson. sana a bigtime coach will gonna teach the young guns of adu,.

^ Still, he needs to sit out 2 more years tsk

coreytaylor
02-09-2008, 01:52 PM

^ Still, he needs to sit out 2 more years tsk

stat
02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
^bkt 2 years? dba ncaa to uaap ang to years

AnthonyServinio
02-10-2008, 02:21 AM
On-Topic: I have this strange feeling that Manong Derrick is the "surprise" of Adamson to the rest of the UAAP. :D

* * *IF THAT is the case, then the UAAP will transform into the University Athletics Association of the Pumarens!* *:o

coreytaylor
02-10-2008, 01:09 PM

i dont know basta ang pagkakaalam ko, 2 yrs from uaap to another uaap skul

AnthonyServinio
02-10-2008, 03:42 PM

* * *IN ORDER to prevent animosity brought about by piracy among fellow UAAP member schools, hence the residency period is two years for intra-UAAP transfers.* A player will also think twice since two years of inactivity is already too long for most athletes.

coreytaylor
02-10-2008, 03:58 PM

* * *IN ORDER to prevent animosity brought about by piracy among fellow UAAP member schools, hence the residency period is two years for intra-UAAP transfers.* A player will also think twice since two years of inactivity is already too long for most athletes.

tama po kayo ;D

professor
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
It seems that coach leo austria will be the next coach of AdU. Coach Ruiz is still handling the team for the FMC but Leo has been seen in the gym and has been rumored to take the top coaching job for the MBB. If soc rivera is coming in he has to line up behind Pappy Galinato who is now manning the 5 spot.

toti_mendiola
02-10-2008, 06:35 PM

IF THAT is the case, then the UAAP will transform into the University Athletics Association of the Pumarens! :o

pwede ring U.A.A. of Pido ;D

stat
02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
It seems that coach leo austria will be the next coach of AdU. Coach Ruiz is still handling the team for the FMC but Leo has been seen in the gym and has been rumored to take the top coaching job for the MBB. If soc rivera is coming in he has to line up behind Pappy Galinato who is now manning the 5 spot.

bro kelan mo nakita si leo na nasa gym? dont worry si rivera sa 2010 pa maglalaro. mukhang wala na si galinato nun. akala ko si derek si leo pala.

Dark Knight
02-10-2008, 09:32 PM

The Montinola Effect ;D

The Montinola Effect ;D

batangueño
02-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Whether it is Derrick Pumaren or Leo Austria, having either of them as Bogs Adornado's replacement is surely a positive development on Adamson's campaign this coming season.

Nike Air
02-12-2008, 01:09 PM
How about Koy Banal? Does that name ring a bell? ;D

batangueño
02-12-2008, 02:00 PM
How about Koy Banal? Does that name ring a bell? ;D

:o

erichubert
02-12-2008, 02:33 PM
There is a strong possibility that coach Leo can take over but it would only happen if Welcoat would let him go and I think if Welcoat finishes last again next conference that might really happen. I think he has remained as a consultant to the team even after his coaching stint so it wouldn't be a surprise for him to be seen in the Adamson gym. Maybe they should just bring back Luigi Trillo, at least even if they lost, they were up there in the recruiting wars ;D

stat
02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
^inalok na nga kay trillo e. inayawan

amdgc82
02-12-2008, 07:17 PM
http://joshuatadena.wordpress.com/2008/01/31/austria-back-as-falcons-coach/

Austria: Back as Falcons Coach?
by: Joshua Felix S. Tadena

Adamson Falcons men’s basketball team head coaching job is now up for grabs and the coach that brought the cellar dweller team on a high note last UAAP season 69 is being eyed once again to reclaim lost glory.

An alleged lucrative deal is waiting for the former Adamson Falcons coach Leo Austria by Adamson University for the vacant head coaching post in the men’s basketball team.

Austria is remembered as the first ever Falcons mentor to drive the men’s basketball team to a Final Four finish in its 14 years existence. He preceded coach Mel Alas after a dubious 3-11 stint on 2005 UAAP hoop wars, the season that was hosted by Adamson. However, the Cinderella story ended on the Final Four “win or go home” game against Ateneo Blue Eagles, a game that was closely contested up to the final buzzer and ended with just a three point deficit. Under coach Austria’s mentorship, former Adamson main man Ken Bono achieved the highest individual award in the most prestigious collegiate tourney, the UAAP Most Valuable Player award.

The back-to-back departure of Austria and Bono proved to be a fatal blow in the championship hopes of the team as the Adamson Falcons went down to the second to the last place, only two games ahead of the winless UP Fighting Maroons. Austria’s assistant coach and former Crispa legend William “Bogs” Adornado succeeded the post but was nowhere near from the achievement of the latter.

Adornado’s one year contract expired last December 31 and his assistant and former Letran Squires mentor Jing Ruiz took over as the interim coach. Head coaching rumors are looping around with the names of Austria, Ruiz, former San Beda coach Nash Racela, Talk ‘N Text assistant coach Bong Ramos and former national team mentor Boysie Zamar.

Austria’s two-year PBA contract is expiring within the Philippine Cup and there was no extension talks as of press time.

~ by Joshua Tadena on January 31, 2008.

coreytaylor
02-13-2008, 10:45 AM
^ pwede pwede 8)

Dark Knight
02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
No offense meant to the Adamsonians but IMO, even if Austria accepts the coaching job again, they are not poised to make the F4 this season, not with their current line up.

Adamson made the F4 in season 69 because of two things.

La Salle's absence and a weakened FEU team because of Santos and company's departure.

They even barely made it to the F4 if not for UST. :D ;D

THE ONLOOKER
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM

Adamson Falcons men’s basketball team head coaching job is now up for grabs and the coach that brought the cellar dweller team on a high note last UAAP season 69 is being eyed once again to reclaim lost glory.

An alleged lucrative deal is waiting for the former Adamson Falcons coach Leo Austria by Adamson University for the vacant head coaching post in the men’s basketball team.

Austria is remembered as the first ever Falcons mentor to drive the men’s basketball team to a Final Four finish in its 14 years existence. He preceded coach Mel Alas after a dubious 3-11 stint on 2005 UAAP hoop wars, the season that was hosted by Adamson. However, the Cinderella story ended on the Final Four “win or go home” game against Ateneo Blue Eagles, a game that was closely contested up to the final buzzer and ended with just a three point deficit. Under coach Austria’s mentorship, former Adamson main man Ken Bono achieved the highest individual award in the most prestigious collegiate tourney, the UAAP Most Valuable Player award.

The back-to-back departure of Austria and Bono proved to be a fatal blow in the championship hopes of the team as the Adamson Falcons went down to the second to the last place, only two games ahead of the winless UP Fighting Maroons. Austria’s assistant coach and former Crispa legend William “Bogs” Adornado succeeded the post but was nowhere near from the achievement of the latter.

Adornado’s one year contract expired last December 31 and his assistant and former Letran Squires mentor Jing Ruiz took over as the interim coach. Head coaching rumors are looping around with the names of Austria, Ruiz, former San Beda coach Nash Racela, Talk ‘N Text assistant coach Bong Ramos and former national team mentor Boysie Zamar.

Austria’s two-year PBA contract is expiring within the Philippine Cup and there was no extension talks as of press time.

I think Leo Austria's coaching stint in Adamson University is already a done deal but it is still a handshake agreement as of the moment. :)

We are not expecting to climb up the rankings next season. Speaking of blue chip rookies, there are tons of players who are willing to play under Coach Leo. That's why Adamson is really offering a large amount of moolah in the head coaching post. ;)

stat
02-18-2008, 12:56 PM

I think Leo Austria's coaching stint in Adamson University is already a done deal but it is still a handshake agreement as of the moment. :)

We are not expecting to climb up the rankings next season. Speaking of blue chip rookies, there are tons of players who are willing to play under Coach Leo. That's why Adamson is really offering a large amount of moolah in the head coaching post. ;)

who are the rookies. sa palagay ko, talagang pang amateur level si austria

amdgc82
03-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Adamson wants Leo Austria to plot UAAP redemption (http://sports.inquirer.net/inquirersports/inquirersports/view/20080319-125608/Adamson-wants-Leo-Austria-to-plot-UAAP-redemption)
By Jasmine W. Payo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 05:54:00 03/19/2008

MANILA, Philippines—Adamson University Tuesday wasted no time luring coach Leo Austria back to the UAAP.

The Falcons offered the head coaching job to Austria just a day after the 50-year-old mentor resigned from Welcoat in the Philippine Basketball Association.

“This development paved the way for us to offer the job to him,” said Adamson athletic director Ruel dela Rosa. “We will be talking to him as soon as possible.”

Austria, who steered the Falcons to Final Four for the first time in 2006, said he will “reflect” on his options.

“I will take a break,” said Austria, who left for Quezon province Tuesday. “It’s the Holy Week and I will reflect on it. I have no job right now, so everything is possible. I’m open to all offers.”

The Falcons appointed assistant mentor Jing Ruiz as interim coach early this year after William “Bogs” Adornado’s one-year contract as head coach lapsed on Dec. 31.

With the UAAP basketball tournament just four months away, Adamson officials expressed willingness to gamble on the late coaching changes.

“We have to take a risk to make our team more mature,” said Dela Rosa. “We’re investing on the strength of our new head coach.”

After a breakthrough season with the Falcons, Austria gave up his post to coach Welcoat in its maiden stint in the pro league.