PDA

View Full Version : UAAP HS Players that played for NCAA College Team

Dark Knight
09-26-2007, 04:14 PM
We know a lot about NCAA High School players that transferred to UAAP school in college. Too numerous to mention.

How about something in reverse.

Anyone please name UAAP HS players that played for an NCAA school in college.

I can only think of Jonathan Banal (FEU-FERN) now playing for San Beda. ;D

BigBlue
09-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Benilde has a few namely the Urra boys (Zobel) and Stan Aldover (Ateneo).

JonarSabilano
09-26-2007, 04:25 PM
We know a lot about NCAA High School players that transferred to UAAP school in college. Too numerous to mention.

I can only think of Jonathan Banal (FEU-FERN) now playing for San Beda.* ;D

Correction. He is playing for Mapua.

There is/was a former UPIS player in CSB, if I'm not mistaken.

There is also a former Blue Eaglet in San Beda's Team Behold. Just can't remember who.

residentshooter
09-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Jacob Manlapaz (from UPIS and UP Team A) and Johnston (from the Adamson Baby Falcons, teammate of Canuday) transferred to CSB

Dark Knight
09-26-2007, 06:13 PM

I can only think of Jonathan Banal (FEU-FERN) now playing for San Beda.* ;D

Correction. He is playing for Mapua.

There is/was a former UPIS player in CSB, if I'm not mistaken.

There is also a former Blue Eaglet in San Beda's Team Behold. Just can't remember who.

I stand corrected. ;D

jmikery
09-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Not sure of this info but I heard former Eaglet PV Nadal went to San Beda for his 1st year of college and transferred back to Ateneo this year

RockLobster
09-26-2007, 07:26 PM
I heard Chito Loyzaga played for Ateneo in high school. Of course, we know he played for San Beda in college. Interestingly, his dad, the legendary Caloy "The Big Difference" Loyzaga, played for NU in high school and then moved to San Beda as well to play college ball.

WampumTribe
09-26-2007, 07:41 PM
I heard Chito Loyzaga played for Ateneo in high school. Of course, we know he played for San Beda in college. Interestingly, his dad, the legendary Caloy "The Big Difference" Loyzaga, played for NU in high school and then moved to San Beda as well to play college ball.

Not sure, but i think the Loyzaga brothers (Chito and Joey) finished their grade school in Ateneo before transferring to San Beda High School (and on to college). During that time, both Ateneo and La Salle were still part of the NCAA.

macgyver
09-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Not sure of this info but I heard former Eaglet PV Nadal went to San Beda for his 1st year of college and transferred back to Ateneo this year

Yup, that's correct. PV Nadal is back in Loyola Heights after spending a year in Mendiola.

macgyver
09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
(double post)

Mel
09-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Bong Hawkins- UST High to UPHR

LION
09-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Dante Barredo - UST High to San Beda College.

salsa caballero
09-27-2007, 11:55 AM
OT: PV Nadal and Dingdong Dantes have something in common pala -- mga ROTC via Mendiola...

RockLobster
09-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Not sure, but i think the Loyzaga brothers (Chito and Joey) finished their grade school in Ateneo before transferring to San Beda High School (and on to college). During that time, both Ateneo and La Salle were still part of the NCAA.

Tama ka, I sit (in the office) corrected. Thanks! :)

bchoter
09-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Joy Carpio and Fritz Gaston

From UST Nuggets to Ateneo Blue Eagles when they were still in the NCAA

bluebruiser90
09-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Former UAAP HS MVP Jun Longalong. From Adamson to UPHR.

yungha
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
former UST tiger cub dante barredo. played in the uaap jrs finals vs the pamintuan-tadeo-sison-quimpo blue eaglets in 95. played for san beda in college.

AnthonyServinio
09-29-2007, 01:13 AM
Richard "Chad" Mallari - played for both De La Salle-Zobel (1990) and Adamson (1992, champions) in the UAAP then went on to play for San Beda College in the NCAA.* Mallari was then hired back by DLSZ as an assstant coach on the 2005 UAAP champion team.

Dark Knight
09-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Thanks to all your answers. But it seems there are only a few UAAP HS players that played for NCAA College teams. :)

joelex
09-29-2007, 03:48 AM
Richard "Chad" Mallari - played for both De La Salle-Zobel (1990) and Adamson (1992, champions) in the UAAP then went on to play for San Beda College in the NCAA.* Mallari was then hired back by DLSZ as an assstant coach on the 2005 UAAP champion team.

is that the same as the Mallari of the NBC's tagaytay spring? yung top scorer lagi na post player daw, nakalaban pa nga ata ng ateneo in a tune up before the season if im not mistaken

BigBlue
09-29-2007, 12:13 PM
san nanggaling si Orbeta? i seem to recall him having played for the Baby Falcons, or am i just imagining stuff?

AnthonyServinio
10-01-2007, 10:43 AM

is that the same as the Mallari of the NBC's tagaytay spring? yung top scorer lagi na post player daw, nakalaban pa nga ata ng ateneo in a tune up before the season if im not mistaken

* * *THE Mallari being talked about is a shooting guard.* The Mallari you are thinking about is a 6'4" center/forward named Rodel Mallari out of Saint Jude College.