PDA

View Full Version : Stepladder Series Game 2: La Salle vs. Ateneo

Jump_Shooter
09-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Here they go again...

Ateneo holds a 2-1 edge this season, but La Salle has the twice-to-beat edge. I feel kind of lazy tonight, so I'll just skip right over to the part where I say...

Thoughts?

flsfnoeraekadad
09-25-2007, 10:14 PM
I hope manalo La Salle para tapos na kaagad at wala nang complications and additional implications.

GO LA SALLE!

GREEN WHITE FIGHT!

mighty_lion
09-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Dear Lord,

Simple lang po hiling namin. Sana po may Game 2.

Anonymous,
President of Araneta Scalpers Association

Peace! ;D ;D

Dark Knight
09-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I hope no untoward incidents will happen.

Hoping JV will have a breakout game while Long will score in 30's.

Battle of the conos (konyos) ;D

austin316
09-27-2007, 04:27 PM
no tv? but in the office...... have net access? but in the office.....
fret no more....

get live score updates here:

http://ph.88db.com/ph/views/landingpage.aspx?CatID=2280000

james_ty
09-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Breaking News ...

Ateneo just won today, 65-64, on a Chris Tiu basket with 7.3 seconds left.

That means that we will have a deciding game on Sunday at the Big Dome.

Game starts at 3 pm.

La Salle led, 64-58, with 90 seconds left but the Archers couldn't protect their lead as the Eagles finished the game with a 7-0 run.

aircanda
09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
clap clap clap...
congrats sa ateneo..
galeng.. :)

gameface_one
09-27-2007, 10:54 PM
(UPDATE) Ateneo forces sudden death vs La Salle
abs-cbnnews.com

The Ateneo Blue Eagles fought to live another day as they pulled off an upset against the De La Salle Green Archers, 65-64, in front of a jampacked crowd at the Araneta Coliseum Thursday.

Despite being hampered by numerous turnovers, Ateneo managed to draw a shocker during the dying seconds the game, which was a fight for the remaining finals slot for the UAAP crown.

Ateneo was down just a single point, 64-63, when Eagle Chris Tiu sank the winning two-pointer to turn the tables against the Archers with just 7.3 ticks left in the final quarter.

The Archers failed to answer back as the clock winded, giving Ateneo another chance for a finals berth against the UE Red Warriors.

Both teams were neck-and-neck during the first half with La Salle leading over Ateneo by just a point at 31-30.

The Archers pulled away at the third quarter by scoring 21 points against the Eaglesís 17.

It was a nail-biter for the Eagles at the fourth quarter as they were still down by three, 64-61, with two minutes remaining.

Ateneo, however, sparked a 4-0 run to overtake La Salle.

La Salle, which enjoyed a twice-to-beat advantage, still has a chance to snuff Ateneoís title aspirations when they face off Sunday at the Big Dome.

The winner of the knockout game will face the UE, which gained an automatic finals slot after making a historic 14-0 sweep of the UAAP eliminations.

Bossenteng
09-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Ateneo showed a lot of character yesterday in pulling off that win against DLSU. The keys to the battle between these two teams are FOCUS AND EXECUTION. And Ateneo had those keys yesterday especially when it mattered most. They did not succumb to pressure eventhough they were behind coming into the last 2 minutes of the ballgame. They did not lose focus and they executed well their plays. On the other hand, players from La Salle were so eager to put the dagger into the hearts of the Ateneans and in the process committing costly mistakes in the end. They just simply lost composure in the end. Casio taking a hurried shot (driving into the basket) after stealling the ball with DLSU on the lead. Walsham taking an ill-advised 3 point shot - rookie mistake (as Boom Gonzales pointed out).

You will notice that the games were won by either team on the last seconds of the ball game. No team can really claim that they have the edge judging from their performance in the first 3 quarters or on which team has the lead during the last 2 minutes of the game. Chris Tiu has been La Salle's nightmare especially when it comes to the winning basket time at the end of the ballgame. In Ateneo's 3 wins against DLSU this year, Chris made the crucial baskets down the stretch. Yesterday, the La Salle defenders thrown on Chris Tiu did a good job except during the last 90 seconds of the ballgame. Maybe Tang, Casio, Malabes and Villanueva have short memories of how Chris broke their hearts in their first 2 encounters. If only the criteria in choosing an MVP is not merely based on statistical points but rather on the leadership qualities and the character in taking the big shots of the game, then Chris would be a runaway winner in the MVP race. Just like a Steve Nash who brings a lot of difference in the Suns team.

Goodluck to both DLSU and Ateneo on Sunday. May the best team win. Peace to all.

mighty_lion
09-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Ateneo showed a lot of character yesterday in pulling off that win against DLSU.* The keys to the battle between these two teams are FOCUS AND EXECUTION.* And Ateneo had those keys yesterday especially when it mattered most.* They did not succumb to pressure eventhough they were behind coming into the last 2 minutes of the ballgame.* They did not lose focus and they executed well their plays. On the other hand, players from La Salle were so eager to put the dagger into the hearts of the Ateneans and in the process committing costly mistakes in the end. They just simply lost composure in the end. Casio taking a hurried shot (driving into the basket) after stealling the ball with DLSU on the lead. Walsham taking an ill-advised 3 point shot - rookie mistake (as Boom Gonzales pointed out).

I certainly agree with this. This is also the same reason natalo ang La Salle dun sa isang game na lamang sila last 2 minutes against UST. Poor execution on the minutes where it will matters most. I watched the last 5 minutes of the game yesterday at nung makita kong lamang ang DLSU with more than a minute to go, I never thought ADMU can catch up. As the game closes out, you can see Tiu and Arao wanted to catch up. Both of them showed flare that ADMU can still win.