PDA

View Full Version : philippine basketball batman and robin combination

a_ron
09-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Can we make a list of Batman and Robin combination in philippine baskketball.

1.Paras-Magsanoc (Up-Shell)
2.David- Aquino (Stag-Ginebra)

aircanda
09-19-2007, 09:10 AM
* * * * * * * * * * * Can we make a list of Batman and Robin combination in philippine baskketball.

1.Paras-Magsanoc (Up-Shell)
2.David- Aquino* (Stag-Ginebra)

Taulava-Alapag

irateluvmachine
09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
the original batman and robin of the pba...jaworski and arnaiz. correct me if i'm wrong...

aircanda
09-19-2007, 10:22 PM
speaking of arnaiz..
nakakabilib talaga ung mga tira niang looper..
panis si tony parker dun..

a_ron
09-20-2007, 12:02 AM
yes u r coorect jaworski and arnaiz

how about caguioa - helterbrand..da fast and the furious

yokam
10-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Mark Caguioa and Jayjay Helterbrand (Ginebra)
Danny Seigle and Danny Ildefonso (San Miguel Beer)
Alvin Patrimonio and Jerry Codiņera (Purefoods)
Benjie Paras and Ronnie Magsanoc (Shell)
Danny Ildefonso and Olsen Racela (San Miguel Beer)
Johnny Abarrientos and Kenneth Duremdes (Alaska)
Nelson Asaytono and Vergel Meneses (Swift)

Rommel Adducul and Alex Compton (MBA-Manila Metrostars)
Joseph Yeo and Mark Cardona (UAAP-DLSU)
Enrico Villanueva and Richard Alvarez (UAAP-ADMU)
Don Allado and Florendo Ritualo (UAAP-DLSU)
Arwind Santos and Dennis Miranda (UAAP-FEU)

BigBlue
10-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Enrico Villanueva and Richard Alvarez (UAAP-ADMU)

If Enrico had a robin, IMO, it would have been LA Tenorio, rather than Rich.

yokam
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
^^If I'm not mistaken, Rico Villanueva and Rich Alvarez has been playing together in ADMU longer than LA Tenorio. And If my memory brings me right, Villanueva was already a senior when Tenorio played for ADMU (or was it Alvarez, not quite sure).

Anyway, if I'd put Tenorio in the Batman-Robin tandem it would be:

LA Tenorio and Larry Fonacier

or

LA Tenorio and JC Intal

Sam Miguel
10-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Sonny Jaworski and Francis Arnaiz are the true and original Batman and Robin tandem of Pinoy hoopdom, every one else sort of just followed the template. Later on Jaworski would have Rudy Distrito as his new "Robin" in the Ginebra title years.

I don't know if Marlou Aquino and Bal David would qualify as a Batman-Robin duo given that they had Vince Hizon and Noli Locsin as fellow superstars on that Anejo/Gordon team.

Johnny Abarrientos and Vic Pablo would also make for one of the best Batman-Robin tandems when they were FEU Tamaraws.

Who could forget Allan Caidic and Jerry Codinera in their UE championship year? And when he turned pro, Codinera would have a new "Batman" in Alvin Patrimonio during their long tenure together at Purefoods.

a_ron
10-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Solomon Mercado and Gabe Norwood could be added to the list......

Joescoundrel
10-09-2008, 08:27 AM
JV Casio and Rico Maierhofer
Rabeh Al-Hussaini and Chris Tiu
Japs Cuan and Jervy Cruz
Danny Francisco and Gilbert Reyes
Richie Ticzon and Vince Hizon

King_stag
10-09-2008, 11:09 AM
How 'bout the former MVP's of ncaa Najorda and Espinas of RB? they seem comfortable with each other. Najorda issued atleast 3 assist to espinas.

pedro21
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
How 'bout the former MVP's of ncaa Najorda and Espinas of RB? they seem comfortable with each other. Najorda issued atleast 3 assist to espinas.

pong escobal and sam ekwe (SBC days)
jimmy alapag and asi taulava (Tn'T days)
don allado and renren ritualo (DLSU days)
la tenorio and larry fonacier (ADMU days)

a_ron
10-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Paras - Esplana .........

Sam Miguel
10-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Jason Castro and Gabby Espinas were quite the duo winning it all for the PCU Dolphins in 2004 (?) in the NCAA. They were not quite as effective in the PBL with the old Ateneo Lee Pipes team though.

erichubert
10-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Aside from Jaworski-Arnaiz, the best combo in the PBA would probably be Paras-Magsanoc, they really knew each other well and carried that Shell team in the 90s. Of course Patrimonio-Codinera can't be far behind, in terms of championships they had more than the Shell combo but they had more help. In that same era, the Meneses-Asaytono partnership could have won more crowns but they feuded ala Shaq-Kobe cutting short that team-up.

a_ron
11-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Aside from Jaworski-Arnaiz, the best combo in the PBA would probably be Paras-Magsanoc, they really knew each other well and carried that Shell team in the 90s. Of course Patrimonio-Codinera can't be far behind, in terms of championships they had more than the Shell combo but they had more help. In that same era, the Meneses-Asaytono partnership could have won more crowns but they feuded ala Shaq-Kobe cutting short that team-up.

agree if Meneses - Asaytono did not have a feud a grandslam for Sunkist is possible that time..

chinito_guy
11-07-2008, 05:20 PM
^^If I'm not mistaken, Rico Villanueva and Rich Alvarez has been playing together in ADMU longer than LA Tenorio. And If my memory brings me right, Villanueva was already a senior when Tenorio played for ADMU (or was it Alvarez, not quite sure).

or

LA Tenorio and JC Intal

well we can now see Tenorio - Villanueva or Tenorio - Alvarez combo now in Purfoods, that is if Yap-Raymundo will give them more playing time :)

aircanda
11-08-2008, 03:18 PM

or

LA Tenorio and JC Intal

well we can now see Tenorio - Villanueva or Tenorio - Alvarez combo now in Purfoods, that is if Yap-Raymundo will give them more playing time* :)

sorry.. i dont get it? natrade ba si LA?

chinito_guy
11-09-2008, 02:40 PM
nakup my mistake, sa Alaska nga pala napunta si LA, nasobrahan ko ata ng beer ;D cheers!

bchoter
11-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Atoy Co and Philip Cezar. Batman and Robin hanggang sa inuman :D
Jun Limpot and Dindo Pumaren in La Salle

Would love to watch a in their prime Benjie-Ronnie vs Danny-Jun two-on-two.

-insane-
11-11-2008, 10:13 AM
pong escobal and sam ekwe of sbc grandslam for ncaa

denok miranda and arwind santos of feu for uaap

the fast and the furious of ginebra for pba

stockton tumalone of utah for nba

KobeWanKenobi
12-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Fernandez-Jaworski as the top two players for Toyota.

Jaworski-Arnaiz as the best backcourt duo of all-time.

Patrimonio-Codinera as the best offense/defense frontcourt combo.

Aquino-Feihl as the tallest local starting frontcourt.