PDA

View Full Version : The Ilad "batok" Fampulme Incident

Dark Knight
09-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Ilad did a Salgado.

Your thoughts? ;D

joelex
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM
very immature! just caught it in the replay. what a useless punch, even maierhoffer who was aggrieved didnt think of throwing a punch

Ang Pacute!

P.S.

simon atkins nagmamatigas, kala mo sinong batang kalye na basagulero, minura lang ni fampulme umalis na.

Jump_Shooter
09-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Uunahan ko na kayong lahat: I see a potentially explosive thread here, so please refrain from bashing (why do I get the feeling this will just be ignored?)

I'll be monitoring this thread closely, guys, FYI.

BigBlue
09-13-2007, 11:39 PM
just to be clear, hindi batok tawag dun kun di suntok. it was a closed fist, and unlike salgado's version, Ilad hit Fampulme's head straight on with his knuckles.

jkad
09-13-2007, 11:42 PM
very immature! just caught it in the replay. what a useless punch, even maierhoffer who was aggrieved didnt think of throwing a punch

Maierhoffer, "aggrieved"??, I don't think so. He started the whole thing with his hard foul on Espiritu (or Borboran?).

tigerman
09-13-2007, 11:43 PM
totally uncalled for...

With its frontline being the known weakness in DLSU's armor, losing an enforcer like Ilad is a big, big blow for the Green and White.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
09-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Good thing Fampulme did'nt retaliate.

LO about Atkins.... ;D

freak
09-14-2007, 12:19 AM
very immature! just caught it in the replay. what a useless punch, even* maierhoffer who was aggrieved didnt think of throwing a punch

Maierhoffer, "aggrieved"??, I don't think so.* He started the whole thing with his hard foul on Espiritu (or Borboran?).

Foul was on Borboran.

Howard the Duck
09-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Hindi batok yun. Closed fist eh ;D

jiggerman04
09-14-2007, 01:37 AM
mukhang malapit sa ringside 109 nangyre yung incident ah...hmmm .. parang malas ata yang side ng araneta na yan..

peterstrauss
09-14-2007, 08:56 AM
i saw atkins, malabes, choloV, & maierhoffer came charging towards fampulme. & ilad threw his fist at the back of fampulme's head when the latter was near him.

grabe naman yang mga rookies ng green side !!!!! how come they are like that? wala bang character assessment? peace ....

cub
09-14-2007, 09:05 AM
bakit ba naman kasi nakikialam pa si fampulme dun? hindi naman siya ung nasaktan di ba? di ba si borboran ang nasaktan. kung hindi siya umepal dun, hindi sana nagkagulo.

LION
09-14-2007, 09:11 AM
i saw atkins, malabes, choloV, & maierhoffer came charging towards fampulme.* & ilad threw his fist at the back of fampulme's head when the latter was near him.

grabe naman yang mga rookies ng green side !!!!! how come they are like that?* wala bang character assessment? peace ....

It was the trio of Atkins, Rico and Ferdinand who approached Fampulme. *Bader came in late but he was there to pacify. *I also think (though I may be wrong) that Atkins, Rico and Ferdinand had no intention of engaging in a fist fight because their arms were extended to maintain their distance from Fampulme while "talking" to the latter. *

It was at this point that Ilad, *who was standing behind Fampulme, *sucker punched the UE player. It was not a "batok". *It was a right straight to the right side of Fampulme's head.

Good thing that Dindo Pumaren and his boys immediately intervened to prevent the situation from getting out of hand. *JV Casio was seen on tv pulling aside Ilad and giving him a mouthful. *

The UAAP officials handled the situation well. *

LION
09-14-2007, 09:16 AM
bakit ba naman kasi nakikialam pa si fampulme dun? hindi naman siya ung nasaktan di ba? di ba si borboran ang nasaktan. kung hindi siya umepal dun, hindi sana nagkagulo.

Fampulme's reaction was natural. Borboran was given an extra hard foul which Fampulme thought was intentional and he took the cudgels for his teammate. At any rate, Fampulme and the trio of Atkins, Ferdinand and Rico were just having an exchange of words.*

Nagkagulo lang dahil kay Ilad. Hindi dahil kay Fampulme.

yungha
09-14-2007, 09:28 AM
players like ilad are strong as an ox, superbly conditioned athletes. if you look at his punch, he was able to twist his hips, bumuwelo pa siya, kinasa pa niya, so his punch had all sorts of power and momentum. given that fampulme had his back turned, that punch could have caused some serious damage if it had hit fampulme in the wrong place.

i have no problem with maierhofer's foul. it was a hard playoff foul and we should get used to it as the we approach the higher-stakes games.

patupup
09-14-2007, 10:02 AM
players like ilad are strong as an ox, superbly conditioned athletes. if you look at his punch, he was able to twist his hips, bumuwelo pa siya, kinasa pa niya, so his punch had all sorts of power and momentum. given that fampulme had his back turned, that punch could have caused some serious damage if it had hit fampulme in the wrong place.

i have no problem with maierhofer's foul. it was a hard playoff foul and we should get used to it as the we approach the higher-stakes games.

ano sanction ke Ilad?
Dapat ito ban for life...

dips15
09-14-2007, 10:29 AM
i saw atkins, malabes, choloV, & maierhoffer came charging towards fampulme. & ilad threw his fist at the back of fampulme's head when the latter was near him.

grabe naman yang mga rookies ng green side !!!!! how come they are like that? wala bang character assessment? peace ....

It was the trio of Atkins, Rico and Ferdinand who approached Fampulme. Bader came in late but he was there to pacify. I also think (though I may be wrong) that Atkins, Rico and Ferdinand had no intention of engaging in a fist fight because their arms were extended to maintain their distance from Fampulme while "talking" to the latter.

It was at this point that Ilad, who was standing behind Fampulme, sucker punched the UE player. It was not a "batok". It was a right straight to the right side of Fampulme's head.

Good thing that Dindo Pumaren and his boys immediately intervened to prevent the situation from getting out of hand. JV Casio was seen on tv pulling aside Ilad and giving him a mouthful.

The UAAP officials handled the situation well.

Actually it was a right hook... but anyway, what do you guys mean by "Dindo Pumaren and his boys"? Did the UE bench approach the area? Wala bang rule against leaving the bench? In the NBA thats an automatic suspension for anyone who leaves the bench. Di ko lang alam sa FIBA rules. At any rate... wala pa bang nag-post ng video nito sa Youtube or anywhere else?

BigBlue
09-14-2007, 10:39 AM

if you saw your teammate given a hard foul, then after that, sasahurin pa sya para tumumba talaga, hindi ba mag-iinit ang dugo mo? watch the clip again, after maierhoffer lands on borboran with that hard foul, he follows it up by moving his leg in a sweeping motion across borboran's legs, ensuring the fall. fampulme gave maierhofer a piece of his mind, and rightfully got a tech.

i cant believe you cub, are you actually justifying the situation??

animoateneo
09-14-2007, 10:55 AM

It was the trio of Atkins, Rico and Ferdinand who approached Fampulme. Bader came in late but he was there to pacify. I also think (though I may be wrong) that Atkins, Rico and Ferdinand had no intention of engaging in a fist fight because their arms were extended to maintain their distance from Fampulme while "talking" to the latter.

It was at this point that Ilad, who was standing behind Fampulme, sucker punched the UE player. It was not a "batok". It was a right straight to the right side of Fampulme's head.

Good thing that Dindo Pumaren and his boys immediately intervened to prevent the situation from getting out of hand. JV Casio was seen on tv pulling aside Ilad and giving him a mouthful.

The UAAP officials handled the situation well.

Actually it was a right hook... but anyway, what do you guys mean by "Dindo Pumaren and his boys"? Did the UE bench approach the area? Wala bang rule against leaving the bench? In the NBA thats an automatic suspension for anyone who leaves the bench. Di ko lang alam sa FIBA rules. At any rate... wala pa bang nag-post ng video nito sa Youtube or anywhere else?

i think was he meant was Dindo and the coaching staff. The coaching staff were there in a heartbeat to prevent the worst...

atenean_blooded
09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
i saw atkins, malabes, choloV, & maierhoffer came charging towards fampulme.* & ilad threw his fist at the back of fampulme's head when the latter was near him.

grabe naman yang mga rookies ng green side !!!!! how come they are like that?* wala bang character assessment? peace ....

It was the trio of Atkins, Rico and Ferdinand who approached Fampulme. *Bader came in late but he was there to pacify. *I also think (though I may be wrong) that Atkins, Rico and Ferdinand had no intention of engaging in a fist fight because their arms were extended to maintain their distance from Fampulme while "talking" to the latter. *

It was at this point that Ilad, *who was standing behind Fampulme, *sucker punched the UE player. It was not a "batok". *It was a right straight to the right side of Fampulme's head.

Good thing that Dindo Pumaren and his boys immediately intervened to prevent the situation from getting out of hand. *JV Casio was seen on tv pulling aside Ilad and giving him a mouthful. *

When Ferdinand, Maierhoffer, and Atkins were "talking" to Fampulme, it was very clear that Maierhoffer was shoving him.

Incidents like these are disappointing.

But really, if you're going to throw a punch, at least be honorable and do it when your opponent is facing you. And after punching, stand your ground, don't go cower behind your teammates.

peterstrauss
09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
it was clear as daylight that Maierhoffer shoved Fampulme .... sa replays kitang-kita mo .... tinutulak si maierhoffer si Fampulme ...

Howard the Duck
09-14-2007, 11:57 AM
2 DLSU people are now famous for hitting at the back of the head and running away the moment after :P

pablohoney
09-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Tsk tsk

Pinakita ulit ni Ilad ang kanyang katapangan ... or kaduwagan.
Susuntok lang, susuntukin pa yung nakatalikod.

It's so...... gay. ;)

Pero, really, DLSU had the chance to win it in regulation.
Pero the Red Warriors were really deemed to sWEEP.

But it ain't over yet.

MAy KO game pa ang Tigers ko.

mabelle_dj
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
SUSPEND!!!!! :D

bchoter
09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Aasta asta si Ilad mamaya basagin na naman ni Jervy mukha niya.

chocoks77
09-14-2007, 01:27 PM

Kung naglalaro ka ng basketball, maiintindihan mo aksyon ni Fampulme. Kung hindi ka marunong magbasketball at magkaroon ng team na halos magkakasama kayo at parang magkakapatid na turingan, tumahimik ka na lang.

As for the question ano ang sanction kay Ilad? 12 round sparring session with Manny Pacquiao while Pacman is still in Cebu. Airfare and accomodation courtesy of Fampulme. hehehehe

Mang_Roger
09-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Fampulme and Ilad made their mark in college hoops by playing rough and tough basketball while suiting up for Lyceum and Philippine College of Criminology, respectively. I'm won't be surprised if these two will try to squeeze each other's throat if DLSU and UE would meet again this season.

gameface_one
09-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Ilad faces stiffer sanction? Eagles eye No. 2

By ABAC CORDERO
The Philippine Star

La Salle center Brian Ilad faces suspension and a stern warning from the UAAP for punching UE’s Mark Fampulme that triggered a near free-for-all last Thursday at the Araneta Coliseum.

Commissioner Ed Cordero is conducting a thorough review of the incident that occurred in the final 56.6 seconds of the opening quarter of the game won by UE in overtime, 92-84, to complete a rare sweep of the double round elims and clinch the first berth in the best-of-three finals.

Cordero said the UAAP will come up with its recommendation Saturday. It will be forwarded to the technical committee before a final decision is laid down.

“Definitely, Ilad will be suspended. It was a clear punch that was thrown and landed,” said a member of the technical committee. Under UAAP rules, ejection from the court means an automatic suspension.

But sources said Ilad faces a suspension of more than one game as La Salle fights for the chance to make it to the finals.

Ilad was thrown out of the game after punching Fampulme on the head. Commotion started when La Salle’s Rico Maierhofer delivered a hard foul on UE’s Mark Borboran.

A lot of taunting among the opposing players followed in front of the La Salle bench, and some players and officials from UE crossed the line by charging into the La Salle camp.

“The commissioner wanted to make sure if there are other offenders because there are also sanctions for players and officials clearing the bench,” added the official.

Technical fouls were slapped on Fampulme for taunting, Maierhofer for unsportsmanlike foul, and on both benches.

Meanwhile, Ateneo is in a must-win situation when it takes on National University Saturday at the close of the elimination round in the 70th UAAP season at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium.

A victory over the out-of-it-all Bulldogs will give the Eagles the No. 2 spot plus the perks that go with it.

After University of the East booked the first seat in the best-of-three finals with a rare sweep of the elims, the second spot, which carries a twice-to-beat advantage, is the best there is left.

If the Blue Eagles nail it, they can afford a brief rest as three other teams figure in a couple of playoffs to determine the team that would challenge Ateneo for the second finals slot.

The first playoff match will be staged Monday between FEU and defending champion UST which ended up tied at 8-6. The winner then faces La Salle in another playoff.

“All we have to do is beat NU. We won’t take them for granted,” Ateneo coach Norman Black said, knowing that a loss will further complicate matters as the Blue Eagles would fall into a tie with La Salle.

In the other game, winless UP takes on Adamson in what could be the last game of coach Joe Lipa for the Maroons, a team which he steered to the 1986 championship.

Guardian Angel
09-15-2007, 12:31 PM
very immature! just caught it in the replay. what a useless punch, even* maierhoffer who was aggrieved didnt think of throwing a punch

Ang Pacute!

P.S.

simon atkins nagmamatigas, kala mo sinong batang kalye na basagulero, minura lang ni fampulme umalis na.

Excuse me, Maierhofer was the aggrieved party? Can you kindly explain? Thanks and regards

Guardian Angel
09-15-2007, 12:34 PM

I disagree that Maierhofer's foul was an o an acceptable hard foul. Look at what happened because of it. I don't disagree with fouls where the player makes sure the basket is not made, but Dolphy's clearly had an intent to hurt. I

Guardian Angel
09-15-2007, 12:38 PM
2 DLSU people are now famous for hitting at the back of the head and running away the moment after :P

I actually count at least 4: Salgado, Ilad, Arana and Bondying Dinglasan. The lowest form of scum in my opinion. At least I remember goons like Distrito, Onchie, Jay Ramirez were just out for trouble and relished in it. THe Criminal Ilad is more from the Ricky Relosa school, punch and then run. Very pathetic. Wonder if they're related. They have the same gigolo moustache....

joelex
09-15-2007, 02:06 PM

Ang Pacute!

P.S.

Excuse me, Maierhofer was the aggrieved party?* Can you kindly explain? Thanks and regards

in my opinion the foul was just an ordinary hard foul. yes it was hard, but not to the point where it could have merited him a flagrant. if it was really dirty, the refs wouldve called it a flagrant anyway. Ive seen a lot harder and dirtier fouls elsewhere. althought at the heat of the game, you cant blame fampulme showing that kind of emotion, at least walang suntok. and inspite of that outburst, rico didnt show any sign of throwing a punch, so did other dlsu players. ok na yung angasan at murahan lang. problem is sinimulan ni ilad, nagbuhat ng kamay eh.

oreo
09-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Fampulme had no fault in that altercation. His reaction was normal because of the dirty foul given by Dolphy.

It is unbelievable how some people can say that was an ordinary foul. Dolphy did not only take a swing at Borboran's head, he sought to take down the hapless Borboran when the head was trapped under his arm. In the vernacular, "diniin pa". We commonly see those moves in WWF when a wrestler gets whipped to the ropes and the other wrestler gives him a clothes line. In this case, the force was vertical, not horizontal. Same evil intent.

After taking down Borboran, he gave the falling Borboran a nudge to finish the job. After the foul, Dolphy gave Borboran the angas look as if to say "uulit kapa?!?". I wouldn't have blamed Fampulme if he punched Dolphy then but at least, he should do it when Dolphy is facing him.

Dolphy has a habbit of taking taking wild swings at other players. It's the type of swing that says "hello ball... hello head... or hello face". It is just unfortunate, or fortunate judging from the look Dolphy gave the fallen Borboran, that the arm landed on Borboran's head. Dolphy has done that several times in his career. What aggravated it this time was the follow through ("diniin") on the swing and the nudge.

I would love to see Bruise Brothers Walsham or Dolphy get one of those fouls. Let's see how the other Bruise Brother would react.

pokpok
09-16-2007, 03:07 AM
traydor kaya nakasapak. eh kung bugbugan lang ang labanan magpapatalo ba ang taga RECTO??? helloooooo??

si atkins? matapang dahil may kasamang matatangkad at nasa bench nila. nagmamaangas kasi wala naman siyang silbi sa DLSU team this year. dapat kasi TRACK and FIELD ang laro niya.

TruVerde
09-16-2007, 07:06 AM

When Ferdinand, Maierhoffer, and Atkins were "talking" to Fampulme, it was very clear that Maierhoffer was shoving him.

Incidents like these are disappointing.

But really, if you're going to throw a punch, at least be honorable and do it when your opponent is facing you. And after punching, stand your ground, don't go cower behind your teammates.

Like what LA Tenorio did when he SNEAKED a punch to Jerwin Gaco FROM BEHIND!!!!!!!!

jembengzon
09-16-2007, 07:20 AM
is there a decision already on how this incident is going to be dealt with ?

irateluvmachine
09-16-2007, 07:39 AM
guys, let's refrain from bashing each other here and bringing up each other's schools' alleged (or actual) f**k-ups just to make a wrong look like a right...take note, this is GAMEFACE, not the "other" forum... ;)

to be brutally frank, the incident was uncalled for. and it makes me wonder if it is indeed a good analogy to compare my love for my alma mater's (and CSB's) basketball teams to a parent's love for his/her wayward (i.e. pasaway) child. and methinks it's time for a bit of tough love...

if ilad gets away with a one-game suspension and a stern warning, it's going to look like a slap on the wrist. wag naman lifetime ban, but one game ONLY? why not suspend the guy for the rest of the year, then keep him on strict probation for the rest of his UAAP career? not only did he hit fampulme with a closed fist, he hit him from behind...nanapak ka nga pero patraydor naman. masama na ngang manapak, mas lalong pangit tingnan kung patraydor.

just my two cents.

gameface_one
09-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Archer Ilad faces sanction

By NICK GIONGCO
mb.com.ph

LA SALLE center Brian Ilad’s fate is now in the hands of the UAAP technical committee.

Ilad, who was on the bench, was thrown out of the court Thursday for punching University of the East forward Mark Fampulme from behind during a melee involving Fampulme, La Salle forward Rico Maierhofer and few other Green Archers at the Araneta Coliseum.

UAAP commissioner Ed Cordero said the technical committee will deliberate on Ilad’s case today and an official announcement will be released to the media.

"It is safe to say that the 6-foot-5 Ilad, a transferee from PCCr, will be suspended for more than one game," said a UAAP insider.

La Salle remains in the running for the crown and it is unlikely, the same UAAP source said, that he will be back wearing the green jersey regardless of how many games the school has for the remainder of the season.

Meanwhile, Adamson closed out its campaign on a high note as the Falcons scored a 93-75 victory over University of the Philippines.

The Maroons absorbed their 14th straight setback, the first time in their history that they failed to post a single win.

But instead of being ridiculed for finishing dead last, many sympathized with the plight of the Maroons.

Most of the UP players were either sophomores or rookies and some of their top guns suffered injuries along the way.

While the school hymn was being sang, players and supporters from Adamson applauded UP and even players of National University and Ateneo put their hands together as they were waiting for their turn to see action.

On his way to the dressing room, Lipa received hugs and pats from the Bulldogs and Eagles.

Lipa later said his fate is also up in the air and the officials who convinced him to call the shots for the 1986 titleholder will be the ones who will decide if he will be back next year when UP celebrates its centennial.

Patrick Cabahug, who is being eyed by national team coach Junel Baculi, led the Falcons with 25 points, while rookie Mike Gamboa led the Maroons with 15.

The scores:

First Game

ADAMSON 93 — Cabahug 25, Canuday 15, Colina 12, Hugnatan 11, Alvarez 9, Canada 6, Gonzalgo 4, Gorospe 3, Lozada 2, Aguilo 2, Yambot 2, Santos 2, Olalia 0, Dela Paz 0, Margallo 0.

UP 75 — Gamboa 15, De Asis 14, Sison 11, So 11, Serios 8, Rivera 7, Reyes 5, Marfori 2, Epres 2, Lopez 0, Dela Victoria 0.

Quarters: 34-16, 53-29, 70-50, 93-75.

ADAMSON 34 19 17 23 — 93

UP 16 13 21 25 — 75

Guardian Angel
09-16-2007, 08:43 AM

Ang Pacute!

P.S.

Excuse me, Maierhofer was the aggrieved party?* Can you kindly explain? Thanks and regards

in my opinion the foul was just an ordinary hard foul. yes it was hard, but not to the point where it could have merited him a flagrant. if it was really dirty, the refs wouldve called it a flagrant anyway. Ive seen a lot harder and dirtier fouls elsewhere. althought at the heat of the game, you cant blame fampulme showing that kind of emotion, at least walang suntok. and inspite of that outburst, rico didnt show any sign of throwing a punch, so did other dlsu players. ok na yung angasan at murahan lang. problem is sinimulan ni ilad, nagbuhat ng kamay eh.

I still don't get it. How is Maierhofer the aggrieved party? I don't think your post explained that.

joelex
09-16-2007, 01:31 PM

Ang Pacute!

P.S.

I still don't get it.* How is Maierhofer the aggrieved party?* I don't think your post explained that.*

never mind... :D :D

Guardian Angel
09-16-2007, 10:27 PM

Ang Pacute!

P.S.

I still don't get it.* How is Maierhofer the aggrieved party?* I don't think your post explained that.*

never mind... :D :D

Still no explanation because there is none. NO way Maierhofer was the victim there. This is really twisted ...

pablohoney
09-17-2007, 09:52 AM
^ Ilad was suspended for 2 games.
I heard the Board is contemplating to "ban" him for the rest of the season, IF he does not make a public apology.

chupot
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I say ban him for the rest of the season. It's his only eligible year after all. We don't want these type of rogue players in the league. I can't understand why the classy Franz Pumaren would immerse himself in crap by picking players of Ilad's character. He would apologize definitely, look like a harmless innocent goof saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I just caught in the emotion..." CRAP!!! He has already incidents with Jervy Cruz before, just goes to show he is consistent with his criminal ways. BAN HIM NOW and clean the UAAP for the rest of the season.

2 game suspension? C'mon!! Commish Ed Cordero, you can do better than that. Pucha, laway lang puhunan ng Ilad na yan para mag sorry at hindi ma-ban sa liga. Guys like him don't care about reputation, makasakit lang ng kapwa player.

dips15
09-17-2007, 05:06 PM
When will the official announcement be made for the punishment? I don't think that 2 games is enough. Think about it. If you compare this to the NBA, amateur sports should be stricter in implementing suspensions from fighting. Kobe was suspended 2 games for throwing an elbow in the same motion as taking a shot. The intent there is arguable. In this case, it was a punch from behind from a player who was not even part of the game.

The suspension should be definite and should not be dependent on a whether he wants to apologize or not.

Raging Blue
09-17-2007, 06:56 PM
What is more deplorable is that his "shoolmates" applauding his dastardly act after seeing the replay in Araneta during the UE vs. La Salle game last Thursday. And check check out their reactions in archerpride.com.

mighty_lion
09-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Kung meron lang sanang parusang community service for UAAP and NCAA mas okey. Pag meron player na nagsimula ng away, mag-spend ng time magconduct ng basketball clinic sa squaters area or magturo ng good manners and right conduct ng 2 or tatlong araw sa public schools.

Minsan kasi pagpalagi na lang na-iinvolve sa gulo walang kwenta ang suspension para turuan ng leksyon. Daanin sa pampalubag loob na mga tagpo. ;D ;D

bananafrap
09-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Commissioner Ed Cordero called for a two-game suspension on Ilad “provided” that he issues a “sincere, written and public apology (to be made on television)” to Fampulme and the UAAP as well.

“We also encourage La Salle officials to address the demeanor of their fans,” said technical committee head Kiko Diaz of UP. “They were even clapping for Ilad when he was ejected.”

“to be made on television?” wtf?!! what Brian Ilad did is unacceptable and uncalled for. period. if the two-game suspension is not enough, then maybe they should just ban him for the rest of the season. bakit kailangan pa na televised ang public apology nya? Brian Ilad should apologize to Mark Fampulme, to UE, to the league and also to La Salle. bakit kailangan sa buong Pilipinas o sa buong mundo (may TFC eh hehe)? i don’t get it. ang OA naman nun. this is not the first time na merong ganyang klaseng gulo. mas malala pa nga yung iba eh and hindi lang isa ang involved. pero dahil hindi naman naglalaro si Ilad nung time na yun at dahil nakatalikod un player na sinuntok nya eh dapat un paghingi nya ng kapatawaran ay televised na? dapat siguro yung mga kriminal na nakapatay ng tao ang hingan natin ng public apology “to be made on television.” Commissioner Ed Cordero and the Technical Committee – make up your mind. Is it a two-game suspension or suspended for the rest of the season? bakit may mga “provided” ek ek pa.

Brian should sincerely apologize for what he did. it was wrong. but I don’t think it would be sincere if it’s televised. mas okay pa siguro kung mag-apologize siya kay Fampulme at sa UE personally at walang media coverage haha. para sa akin lang naman yan hehe.ü

pero sige kung sasabihin nyo na dapat lang televised yang public apology nya na yan, ano po ang purpose nito? para saan? para di na ulitin? para hindi gayahin at tularan ng kabataan?

“address the demeanor of their fans” – wtf?!! the applause Brian received was not in support of his act. meron bang Lasalista dyan na sumangayon o nagsabi na tama ang ginawa ni Brian? personally hindi ko din nagustuhan ang ginawa nya dahil hindi yun ang tinuturo sa aming mahal na paaralan at dahil hindi yun tama. at tama lang na mapatawan siya ng nararapat na parusa sa mali nyang nagawa. kahit alam namin na mali ang ginawa nya, hindi naman namin siya iiwanan sa ere eh pero hindi ibig sabihin nun na okay sa amin yun ginawa nya. We are One La Salle.

radonc
09-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Hooliganism has no place in civilised society, much less in a league supposed to be participated in by people allegedly* receiving a Christian education. Being a product of several of these so-called religious schools (including the Jesuits and Christian Brothers), I think I can say this without bias: La Salle should take it upon themselves to voluntarily remove Ilad from its basketball roster. No matter how this will affect their championship chances, they must take the high ground. La Salle has already been marred by controversy from its Benitez incident. It needs this (Ilad incident) like the Philippines needs more politicians...

Ban the man...

bananafrap
09-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Kung meron lang sanang parusang community service for UAAP and NCAA mas okey. Pag meron player na nagsimula ng away, mag-spend ng time magconduct ng basketball clinic sa squaters area or magturo ng good manners and right conduct ng 2 or tatlong araw sa public schools.

Minsan kasi pagpalagi na lang na-iinvolve sa gulo walang kwenta ang suspension para turuan ng leksyon. Daanin sa pampalubag loob na mga tagpo. ;D ;D

tama, mas okay nga pag may ganyan at least may maccontribute pa sila sa community hehe. pero wag naman magturo ng GMRC, sila nga dapat turuan eh heheü so i hope, Brian Ilad learned something from this incident and will come out a better person. let's give him a chance peeps! siguro kung may taga ibang school din ang gumawa ng ganun sa archers namin (i'm not saying may gagawa nga ng ganun hehe) malamang katulad din sa inyo ang magiging reaction ko. pero hindi ko naman hihingin na mag-apologize siya on tv (whether live o recorded o may press conference pa), too much naman ata yan. pero magagalit/maiinis din ako. so naintindihan ko dn naman mga sinasabi ng mga tao sa ginawa ni Ilad. kaya in behalf of Brian Ilad, gusto ko mag-apologize sa lahat na na-dismaya sa nagawa nya. it was wrong. sana wala ng sumunod pa na ganyan.ü alam ko wala namang difference kung mag-apologize man si Ilad o hindi eh kc nangyari na, at kung hindi na magbabago ang perception nyo sa kanya and sa La Salle, wala na kmi magagawa dun. kung meron man maganda o hindi maganda na nagawa ang isa sa amin, we are still One La Salle!ü and kung ano man ang mga pagkakamali namin, hindi naman namin tatakasan eh. we all make mistakes, but what's important is how we deal with our mistakes and how we bear the consequences of our actions.

hindi ibig sabihin na nagaral ka sa isang so-called religious school eh hindi ka na magkakamali o perpekto ka na. yes, La Salle has been marred by controversies but what i'm proud of is how my alma mater owned up to their mistakes and imperfections.

for sure, buo na ule ang "Sus..." banners ng Ateneoü hehe, wag kau magalala i have nothing against your banners. natawa nga ko sa banners nyo ehö tanggap ko namang suspended talaga kmi! tas ngaun may suspended na naman haha!

mighty_lion
09-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Kung meron lang sanang parusang community service for UAAP and NCAA mas okey. Pag meron player na nagsimula ng away, mag-spend ng time magconduct ng basketball clinic* sa squaters area or magturo ng good manners and right conduct ng 2 or tatlong araw sa public schools.

Minsan kasi pagpalagi na lang na-iinvolve sa gulo walang kwenta ang suspension para turuan ng leksyon. Daanin sa pampalubag loob na mga tagpo.* ;D ;D

Sabihin nyo na medyo jologs ang suggestion ko. Its just based on my experience, the best way to teach a guy a lesson on his life and inspire himself mismo eh hindi lang straight up punishment kundi constructive penalties. Suspend mo ng isa-dalawang games tapos community service sa mga poor. Para malaman nya kung kagaano sya kaswerte at nakakatungtong sya sa La Salle compared dun sa mga nasa squaters area. O di ba? ;D

davrub2003
09-18-2007, 05:12 AM
Commissioner Ed Cordero called for a two-game suspension on Ilad “provided” that he issues a “sincere, written and public apology (to be made on television)” to Fampulme and the UAAP as well.

“We also encourage La Salle officials to address the demeanor of their fans,” said technical committee head Kiko Diaz of UP. “They were even clapping for Ilad when he was ejected.”

“to be made on television?” wtf?!! what Brian Ilad did is unacceptable and uncalled for. period. if the two-game suspension is not enough, then maybe they should just ban him for the rest of the season. bakit kailangan pa na televised ang public apology nya? Brian Ilad should apologize to Mark Fampulme, to UE, to the league and also to La Salle. bakit kailangan sa buong Pilipinas o sa buong mundo (may TFC eh hehe)? i don’t get it. ang OA naman nun. this is not the first time na merong ganyang klaseng gulo. mas malala pa nga yung iba eh and hindi lang isa ang involved. pero dahil hindi naman naglalaro si Ilad nung time na yun at dahil nakatalikod un player na sinuntok nya eh dapat un paghingi nya ng kapatawaran ay televised na? dapat siguro yung mga kriminal na nakapatay ng tao ang hingan natin ng public apology “to be made on television.” Commissioner Ed Cordero and the Technical Committee – make up your mind. Is it a two-game suspension or suspended for the rest of the season? bakit may mga “provided” ek ek pa.

Brian should sincerely apologize for what he did. it was wrong. but I don’t think it would be sincere if it’s televised. mas okay pa siguro kung mag-apologize siya kay Fampulme at sa UE personally at walang media coverage haha. para sa akin lang naman yan hehe.ü

pero sige kung sasabihin nyo na dapat lang televised yang public apology nya na yan, ano po ang purpose nito? para saan? para di na ulitin? para hindi gayahin at tularan ng kabataan?

“address the demeanor of their fans” – wtf?!! the applause Brian received was not in support of his act. meron bang Lasalista dyan na sumangayon o nagsabi na tama ang ginawa ni Brian? personally hindi ko din nagustuhan ang ginawa nya dahil hindi yun ang tinuturo sa aming mahal na paaralan at dahil hindi yun tama. at tama lang na mapatawan siya ng nararapat na parusa sa mali nyang nagawa. kahit alam namin na mali ang ginawa nya, hindi naman namin siya iiwanan sa ere eh pero hindi ibig sabihin nun na okay sa amin yun ginawa nya. We are One La Salle.

i agree in everything you posted.* mag po post na rin ako sana on this matter pero sabi ko sa sarili ko huwag na lang.* i think mag-abide na lang ang La Salle sa mga utos ng technical committee at mag focus na lang sa championships.* dapat nga wala ng pakialam ang commissioner sa mga fans.* hindi na niya sakop yan.* at ano ba ang magagawa ng school?* it was a spur of the moment reaction from the La Salle fans.* ganun din naman ang ibang schools in the past pero wala naman ganitong directive from the technical committee.

anyway, to all La Sallites, just focus on the championships.

5FootCarrot
09-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Ilad says sorry, but faces stiff penalty
philstar.com Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Brian Ilad of La Salle yesterday apologized for punching Mark Fampulme of UE during a first-quarter melee last Thursday but still faces a severe penalty when the UAAP board tackles the issue today.

“I apologize for what I’ve done. I really thought and felt that Fampulme was about to attack or hit my teammate Simon Atkins who is much smaller than he is,” Ilad said over the phone.

“But I regret my move. If the UAAP wants me to apologize on public, on television, I will do it,” said the 22-year-old La Salle rookie, who has written a letter apologizing to Fampulme and UE.

“He will issue a public apology. All he wants is to play. He will heed the demand of the UAAP commissioner,” said La Salle board representative Chuck Buenaventura.

Ilad punched Fampulme at the back of the head as the UE slotman engaged La Salle’s Rico Maierhofer and Simon Atkins in a heated exchange in front of the La Salle bench.

Ed Cordero, the UAAP commissioner, has recommended a two-game suspension on the 6-foot-5 Ilad “provided” that he makes a “sincere, written and public apology” to Fampulme and the UAAP.

However, sources said members of the technical committee are not satisfied with a two-game suspension, and has elevated the matter to the board which meets this afternoon.

A ban for the rest of the season is even being considered against Ilad.

The UAAP said Fampulme should accept Ilad’s apology “so that any hurt physical or emotional can be set aside and this incident be laid to a definite closure.”

Coach Dindo Pumaren of UE said Fampulme has considered the issue water under the bridge. “Mark has put the incident behind. And if Ilad apologizes, Mark will accept it.”

Fampulme is being advised by the UAAP “not to take matters into his own hands” and warned “on future similar actions.” – Abac Cordero

If the information in this article is true, then I'm glad Brian Ilad has made the necessary apology.

chupot
09-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Ban the man!

No other way to deal with this but to suspend him from the league for life. This is all an act, who knows what he is thinking when he issued an apology. The thought that his penalty will be lighter, pressure from the La Salle community so their image would not be as bad as it looks now, him losing privileges as a player if he is banned from the UAAP, who knows. Let the penalty be based on what the people in Araneta saw, a treacherous sneaky punch aimed to hurt someone. Ika nga ng commentator, may bwelo pa. it was so force ul, fampulme ran smack into another person's face. it should be based on this, not on some crappy apologies.

ROGUE, ROGUE, ROGUE...
BAN, BAN, BAN...

chupot
09-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Ban the man!

No other way to deal with this but to suspend him from the league for life. This is all an act, who knows what he is thinking when he issued an apology. The thought that his penalty will be lighter, pressure from the La Salle community so their image would not be as bad as it looks now, him losing privileges as a player if he is banned from the UAAP, who knows. Let the penalty be based on what the people in Araneta saw, a treacherous sneaky punch aimed to hurt someone. Ika nga ng commentator, may bwelo pa. it was so force ul, fampulme ran smack into another person's face. it should be based on this, not on some crappy apologies.

ROGUE, ROGUE, ROGUE...
BAN, BAN, BAN...

chupot
09-18-2007, 11:51 AM
oops, sorry. na-double post.

a_ron
09-18-2007, 11:57 AM
go ateneo...ill just hoe nothing untoward acident happen this after like wat hapen during the la salle ue game..

oca
09-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Let's be carefull will the "ban".

This is a collegiate league. Mga bata pa yan. To ban is to say a kid is beyond reform.

Also, a ban resulting from this act is to set a precedent. In the future would you deprive a kid a collegiate career and the scholarship that comes with it dahil sa isang pagkakamali?

Maaring "karumaldumal" yung ginawa, but we should not deny them the chance to reform and improve themselves.

pablohoney
09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Ask ko lang...

Is the UAAP governed /adheres to the FIBA?

If so, why is Ilad the only one that meted sanction?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it that when players leave their bench, to get involved in the melee or not, they would be ejected as well?

Once ko lang nakita ang replay, so I really can't remember kung sino ang umalis sa bench nila, etc.
Also, is this Ilad's last year in the UAAP?

irateluvmachine
09-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Ask ko lang...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it that when players leave their bench, to get involved in the melee or not, they would be ejected as well?

Once ko lang nakita ang replay, so I really can't remember kung sino ang umalis sa bench nila, etc.

^good question. i've heard elsewhere that this is ilad's first and only year in the UAAP, can someone please confirm?

crystalclear
09-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Ask ko lang...

both benches were given a technical. this is Ilad’s first and last year. transferee lang siya eh and based sa eligibility rules, 1 year lang siya pwede maglaro.

Ban the man!

dito tayo magkaiba. tama lang na mapatawan si Brian Ilad ng nararapat na parusa, kung hindi enough ang two-game suspension eh di suspended for the rest of the season - kung ano man yung fair para sa lahat. pero to say na "suspend him from the league for life" parang OA naman ata yan. actually it doesn't matter naman eh kasi nga 1 year lang siya maglalaro. pero kung kunyari eligible pa siya maglaro next year tapos mangyayari yang hinihingi mong suspended for life, i don't think its fair naman. parang ginawa mo naman siyang nakapatay ng tao. may life sentence. that's crazy!

- bananafrap (sa kaibigan ko itong account, nakalimutan kong isign-out hehe)

Guardian Angel
09-18-2007, 08:00 PM

Maybe Ilad can take lessons from Pappy Revillame on how to cry on TV. It won't matter. It won't be sincere.

bananafrap
09-18-2007, 10:44 PM
^ kaya nga for me mas ok kung mag-apologize siya personally kay Fampulme and sa UE. bakit pa kc hinihingi ng commissioner na mag-apologize siya on TV. bakit pa kailangan ng drama? pero i'm not saying hindi sincere yung pag-apologize ni Ilad, tsaka bakit pa natin qquestionin. the fact lang na nag-sorry siya, ok na yun. bahala na kayo kung tatanggapin nyo yung sorry nya o hindi. alam nyang nagkamali siya at pinagsisisihan nya yun at siguro naman may natutunan siya dun, hindi ba yun ang importante? ano pa bang gusto ng mga tao? mapahiya siya at kailangan matinding pagdudusa ang makuha nya? kung hindi enough ang two or three-game suspension, hindi ba't sobra din naman yang suspension for life na hinihingi ng ibang tao dyan? akala mo naman napakatindi ng pagkakasala ni Ilad.

atenean_blooded
09-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Actually, having Ilad apologize on TV is the most economically responsible way of making him give the public apology which is morally obliged to give. This is because having him talk on TV will cost less in terms of airtime and potential advertising revenues than having to resort to printing a public apology in newspapers of general circulation, which will be a waste of both space and money, since newspaper space isn't cheap.

Since I expect that readers of this post will naturally react and say that there are newspaper stories saying Ilad "apologized," this is obviously not the public apology contemplated in the decision of the UAAP.

mighty_lion
09-19-2007, 12:22 AM
Pahirit lang, last na to.

Tama na yong two game suspension. Nag-issue naman na ng apology (if that is sufficient). Kulang na lang i-volunteer ng La Salle sit-out si Ilad for the rest of the Season. ;D ;D

gameface_one
09-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Suspension ends Ilad’s UAAP stint

The Philippine Star

Despite his apology, Brian Ilad of La Salle Tuesday was slapped a five-game suspension by the UAAP board for punching Mark Fampulme of UE during their game last Thursday.

Technically, Ilad is out for the rest of the season.

And worse, since this is his last year of eligibility in college basketball, it means that his short stint in the UAAP is also over.

The 22-year-old Ilad is a transferee from the Philippine College of Criminology and has played several seasons in another collegiate league. This is his first and last year in the UAAP.

Under UAAP rules, a player is eligible for only five playing years or until he turns 24 years old. For transferees, his previous playing years with other leagues are counted, along with the one-year residency.

“The UAAP board of trustees, after due deliberation with all the members present, by a unanimous vote, decided to impose a five-game suspension on Brian Ilad,” an official statement said.

The five-game suspension, according to the UAAP is on top of the automatic one-game suspension for an ejection. Ilad served that one-game suspension last night against Ateneo.

Ilad has apologized to Fampume, to UE, the UAAP and La Salle, not knowing that the UAAP board was all set to throw the book on him. He played 13 games this year, averaging 4.2 points and 4.2 rebounds. Abac Cordero

aircanda
09-19-2007, 09:03 AM
kawawang Ilad, nagpadala kasi sa init ng ulo...

patupup
09-19-2007, 09:38 AM
kawawang Ilad, nagpadala kasi sa init ng ulo...

hindi kinakaawaan ung ganun, dapat nga dun ban for life pa e...

Guardian Angel
09-19-2007, 09:54 AM
La Salle adds insult to injury.* They place Ilad's number on their jerseys.* What they did was to glorify the criminal act.* Unless they think he's innocent.* Putting signs on jerseys is a powerful message sender. And it means only one thing -- para sa yo 'to.*

We dedicate our remaining games to you, Brian. Why? Because you are a thug and got caught...

I have lost all respect for Casio.* I just saw an interview of him and he said they support Ilad because he was only trying to defend a teammate.* Really? Who?* I read the official release trying to justify Ilad's punch.* They say he did what he did because he thought Fampulme was going to attack a much smaller Atkins. Wow. Big lie.

Check out the video. Atkins was not even near Fampulme at that time.* Plus, was Fampulme poised to attack?* He was standing still.* Plus, how does one act to defend?* Sucker punch from behind?* Isn't it more normal to physically restrain him by, say, wrestling him?* Why punch?

For Dolphy Maierhofer, I have not LOST respect.* I had none to begin with.* He said more or less the same thing when interviewed.* He feels for Ilad daw.* Nuff said about that.

Franz had the best B.S. Ilad's apology was sincere daw and the board should be more open minded.* "Nuff said about that BS.

I saw the La Salle gallery again in the video.* Really appalling how educated people behave. Borboran was down and he was being cursed in a menacing manner.* Take that, may duro pang kasama.

Ilad punches Fampulme.* La Salle fans mad at Fampulme, and cheer Ilad.

Finally, Brother Bernie ALLOWS his team to glorify these acts by placing Ilad's number on their jersey.* All these acts appear to be sanctioned by the institution.

WOWOWEE... Ibang klase.

chupot
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow! Guardian Angel's post says it all, right in the heart's SA node.

Justice is served. A 5 game suspension, technically a ban for life in the league since it is his only eligible year. A few shining moments for the UAAP board this year.

THUG, THUG ,THUG...

bananafrap
09-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Whatever bickering goes on on the net- in fora where UAAP games are discussed- about the De La Salle Green Archers being inappropriate for bearing Brian Ilad's number on their jerseys, I will be forever proud of the team for dedicating the game earlier to him.

For all intents and purposes, Brian's season- no, Brian's UAAP career is OVER. He has been suspended an unprecedented total of 5 games (after already being suspended for 1) in his only year of UAAP competition right when La Salle was slated to play only 5 games tops.

He was there for the team long before this season started; he endured our suspension, attended our practices, helped in our preparations. Right or wrong, he IS a Green Archer. We condemned his actions but as a person he is a friend and teammate to La Salle. The only thing I would hate more than his lapse in judgment is Brian feeling that he is no longer a part of the team.

I will not allow him to feel orphaned by a team that he worked so hard for to help to get to this level. Our success, and the pride we will still feel if we fail, is as much his as it is ours. Whether anybody else realizes it or not, he helped get us here.

We are dishonoring the punch, but we are not disowning the man, and we are appreciating the effort he put in to help get us where we are now.

Mali pa rin siya, at di na magbabago yon. Pero bahagi pa din sya ng team natin ngayong taon, at yun din hindi na magbabago. What kind of community would we be if we never gave second chances? What kind of teammates would we make if we turn our back on a fellow player, right at his darkest hour?

2nd chances and personal growth through care and genuine love have always characterized the La Salle attitude.

We believe in transformation, in growth, in redemption. We believe in unity, loyalty, and keeping the faith. We believe in punishing a mistake, righting a wrong. But we also believe that a person, even one as maligned as Brian nowadays, can change his ways. And when we remember him, we believe in remembering the best parts of him, not the parts that make us wince in frustration. We believe in celebrating his many other contributions and not dwelling on his flaw.

That is what teammates do. That is the La Sallian way.

As Dr. quebengco said, "standing up for the truth is our version of winning." And the truth of the matter is, Brian Ilad has been a vital cog in our build-up and campaign. He has contributed selflessy to the team for the past 2 years. No one errant punch will erase the fact that he is a part of the team, just now forced to be so in spirit.

Good luck, brian, in your future endeavors. Thank you for being a part of the cause, the 2007 Green Archer redemption tour. Learn from your mistakes, kid, and redemption- the personal kind- will beckon for you, too.

ANIMO!

Again, we are One La Salle.

Ghostrider
09-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Whatever bickering goes on on the net- in fora where UAAP games are discussed- about the Da La Salle Green Archers being inappropriate for bearing Brian Ilad's number on their jerseys, I will be forever proud of the team for dedicating the game earlier to him.

For all intents and purposes, Brian's season- no, Brian's UAAP career is OVER. He has been suspended an unprecedented total of 5 games (after already being suspended for 1) in his only year of UAAP competition right when La Salle was slated to play only 5 games tops.

He was there for the team long before this season started; he endured our suspension, attended our practices, helped in our preparations. Right or wrong, he IS a Green Archer. We condemned his actions but as a person he is a friend and teammate to La Salle. The only thing I would hate more than his lapse in judgment is Brian feeling that he is no longer a part of the team.

I will not allow him to feel orphaned by a team that he worked so hard for to help to get to this level. Our success, and the pride we will still feel if we fail, is as much his as it is ours. Whether anybody else realizes it or not, he helped get us here.

We are dishonoring the punch, but we are not disowning the man, and we are appreciating the effort he put in to help get us where we are now.

Mali pa rin siya, at di na magbabago yon. Pero bahagi pa din sya ng team natin ngayong taon, at yun din hindi na magbabago. What kind of community would we be if we never gave second chances? What kind of teammates would we make if we turn our back on a fellow player, right at his darkest hour?

2nd chances and personal growth through care and genuine love have always characterized the La Salle attitude.

We believe in transformation, in growth, in redemption. We believe in unity, loyalty, and keeping the faith. We believe in punishing a mistake, righting a wrong. But we also believe that a person, even one as maligned as Brian nowadays, can change his ways. And when we remember him, we believe in remembering the best parts of him, not the parts that make us wince in frustration. We believe in celebrating his many other contributions and not dwelling on his flaw.

That is what teammates do. That is the La Sallian way.

As Dr. quebengco said, "standing up for the truth is our version of winning." And the truth of the matter is, Brian Ilad has been a vital cog in our build-up and campaign. He has contributed selflessy to the team for the past 2 years. No one errant punch will erase the fact that he is a part of the team, just now forced to be so in spirit.

Good luck, brian, in your future endeavors. Thank you for being a part of the cause, the 2007 Green Archer redemption tour. Learn from your mistakes, kid, and redemption- the personal kind- will beckon for you, too.

ANIMO!

Again, we are One La Salle.

My only hope is that since Ilad is basically limited to practices, that he continues to be "enrolled" in DLSU and that he works to complete his degree.

Mahirap naman kung biglang tatanggalin ang scholarship niya porke't wala na siya sa team. Hindi lahat ng player pwedeng mag-PBA, at hindi din lahat ng player na umaabot sa PBA ay tumatagal dun. I sincerely hope that for his sake, he has something to bank on after his playing days are over.

Guardian Angel
09-19-2007, 01:41 PM
The quotes from the green archers are quite telling. Never mind the (misplaced) sentimentality about Ilad being part of the team, enduring the school's suspension etc.

I think the UAAP teams and schools are in a position of influence and should be more responsible.

I am wondering if the rest of the La Sallian community rationalize the same way Casio and Dolphy Maierhofer do, because the official release is that Ilad thought Fampulme was going to hit Atkins. If this is the premise, the subsequent actions automatically flawed.

Again, I request all to check the video in youtube. Atkins was nowhere near Fampulme, and Fampulme was not in a position to attack.

The subsequent actions, therefore, are based on a lie.

I am still grappling with the logic behind all this. After being handed a guilty verdict, friends and relatives of Erap cried "unfair" and tried (but failed) to rally support in the streets and media. This would be the rough equivalent of La Salle placing Ilad's number on their jerseys. Hence, this necessarily means that they feel they need to dedicate the game , or season, to someone whom they thought was wrongly accused.

Was he wrongly accused? I guess it's difficult to expect La Sallians, who seem to be blinded by all this, to see things objectively. It reminds me of a very poignant scene after Dolphy whacked Borboran. An otherwise respectable looking middle aged fan in green stood from his seat and pointed at a fallen Borboran, and uttered some clearly menacing words. Why?

That makes me sick in the gut...

Kid Cubao
09-19-2007, 02:05 PM
let it go. just let it go.

Raging Blue
09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Here's a little trivia:

Question: Previous to Brian Ilad, who wore jersey number "15" for the Green Archers?

Answer: Mark Benitez

"Nuff said.

JonarSabilano
09-19-2007, 04:42 PM
^ Baka para kay Benitez naka-dedicate 'yung laro kahapon.

joelex
09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
The quotes from the green archers are quite telling.* Never mind the (misplaced) sentimentality about Ilad being part of the team, enduring the school's suspension etc.*

I think the UAAP teams and schools are in a position of influence and should be more responsible.

I am wondering if the rest of the La Sallian community rationalize the same way Casio and Dolphy Maierhofer do,* because the official release is that Ilad thought Fampulme was going to hit Atkins.* If this is the premise, the subsequent actions automatically flawed.*

Again, I request all to check the video in youtube.* Atkins was nowhere near Fampulme, and Fampulme was not in a position to attack.

The subsequent actions, therefore, are based on a lie.

I am still grappling with the logic behind all this.* After being handed a guilty verdict, friends and relatives of Erap cried "unfair" and tried (but failed) to rally support in the streets and media.* This would be the rough equivalent of La Salle placing Ilad's number on their jerseys.* Hence, this necessarily means that they feel they need to dedicate the game , or season, to someone whom they thought was wrongly accused.

Was he wrongly accused?* I guess it's difficult to expect La Sallians, who seem to be blinded by all this, to see things objectively.* It reminds me of a very poignant scene after Dolphy whacked Borboran.* An otherwise respectable looking middle aged fan in green stood from his seat and pointed at a fallen Borboran, and uttered some clearly menacing words.* Why?

That makes me sick in the gut...

masyado kang hot sa dlsu. seems like as far as anger management is concerned, you ar at par with ilad. thats like a week ago man.

bananafrap
09-19-2007, 05:17 PM
naku, uminom ka agad ng gamot.. baka lumala yang sakit mo.

ha? anong connection nito kay Erap? anong connection ng verdict kay Erap sa paglagay ng archers ng number ni Ilad sa jerseys nila? i'm lost..

again, when Ilad was ejected from the game, we (the "fans" whose demeanor apparently needs to be addressed) clapped for him as a sign of support. what the hell is wrong with that???!! how is that considered as bad behavior?? pati ba naman yan may issue pa rin, my gad.

again, we all know what Brian did was wrong and he deserves to be punished -nothing more, nothing less. he should apologize to Fampulme and UE because he knows he made a mistake and he regrets it AND not because people want him to apologize. now, if you won't accept his apology because its not sincere -then its your problem. hingi ka sa NBI ng pang lie detector test.

it was a lapse of judgment, an immature act. at that moment that's what he thought that's why he acted without thinking. if you don't believe his explanation, then don't. no one's forcing you. whether his reason is valid or not, whether it's a lie or not - it doesn't matter anymore. kc hindi din naman kayo maniniwala eh. what kind of explanation/reason did you want to hear ba to say it's a big lie?

as a lasallian, i'm not proud of what Ilad did. it was wrong. but still, as a lasallian, i will support him all the way. at the end of the day, we all are just human, we make mistakes. nakakatawa na akala mo naman si Brian Ilad ang nag-iisang player sa isang basketball game na nanuntok.

what? you lost your respect for Casio because of their continuing support for Ilad? La Salle and the Green Archers glorified Ilad's "criminal act" by placing his number on their jerseys? and we think he's innocent? haha, this is so funny! :D

p.s. we (La Salle) are not blinded by all this. it is you who needs to see things objectively. we know one of our own made a mistake but we are not making excuses for him and we believe that he should be given a punishment that is just and fair. he apologized to Fampulme and UE and i know that he was sincere about it. if you can't forgive him -bahala ka, it's your choice eh. also La Salle did not let the incident pass without any disciplinary action - Ilad was given a one week suspension in school and he is required to attend 40 hours of community service. If that's still not enough for you, i would think that you're a perfect human being. good for you then!

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-19-2007, 09:02 PM
^ Baka para kay Benitez naka-dedicate 'yung laro kahapon.

In that case, tama pala ang VL Salle. What Benitez did was indeed "standing up for the truth." ;)

bananafrap
09-19-2007, 09:30 PM
at least kung may pagkakamali man ang La Salle ng pinaglaro nila si Benitez, inamin nila yun sa UAAP. hindi yun bigla mo na lang tatanggalin ang isang player sa kanilang lineup at sasabihing sasali ito sa PBA at tatawagin siyang 'dead horse.' :D
kung tama naman pala yung age ni dead horse eh. yan tuloy sayang. isasama ko na din si Benitez sa One La Salle namin.ö haha!

at least ang wrong spelling pwede mo pa mapalitan, eh ang score?ö

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/kraczs/ANIMOLASALLEcorrect.gif

Jump_Shooter
09-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Off-topic na kayo. At hindi na ako natutuwa sa direksyon ng diskusyon dito. Mag-ingat.

bananafrap
09-20-2007, 09:12 AM
ok poü

peterstrauss
09-20-2007, 09:55 AM
IT IS NOT THE 1ST TIME ILAD DID IT !!!! OH MY GOD!!! IS THIS HIS NATURAL WAY OF BEHAVING ??? :o

No mercy for Ilad
SPORTING CHANCE By Joaquin M. Henson
Thursday, September 20, 2007

La Salle cager Brian Ilad played four years for the Philippine College of Criminology (PCCr) before becoming a Green Archer in the UAAP this season.

Ilad is playing in his first and only year for La Salle. There won’t be another chance for Ilad to wear the green and white because his stint with PCCr was counted in determining his five-year UAAP eligibility.

Last May, Ilad was suspended twice during the Fr. Martin Cup, gaining a rough houser’s reputation. He punched Jervy Cruz in a game against University of Santo Tomas (UST) and figured in another skirmish against Lyceum.

When La Salle played the University of the East (UE) last week, Ilad was involved in another unsportsmanlike incident. Coming off the bench, he punched Mark Fampulme in the back of the head during a lull in the game.

UAAP commissioner Ed Cordero recommended a sit-out of two games because of the gravity of the offense. Under FIBA rules, the infraction carries an automatic one-game suspension.

However, the UAAP Technical Committee, made up of representatives of the schools in the league, junked Cordero’s recommendation and put a rope around Ilad’s neck. The Technical Committee’s recommendation to the UAAP Board of Trustees was to suspend Ilad for five games in addition to the automatic one-game penalty.

The Board approved the Technical Committee’s recommendation, which for all intents and purposes, sent Ilad to the gallows.

Why five games and not six or seven or whatever? My guess is the Technical Committee computed the possible maximum number of games La Salle might play until the end of the season. After beating Ateneo last Tuesday, La Salle could play as many as five more games.

The Archers will take a twice-to-beat advantage against the winner of Sunday’s Ateneo-UST knockout showdown in the pre-finals so that could go two games. If La Salle survives, the Archers play UE in the best-of-three finals, which if it goes the full route, will mean three more games for a total of five.

La Salle’s Board representative, Bro. Bernie Oca, described the penalty on Ilad as “too severe.” Bro. Bernie said he is exploring the possibility of appealing the sentence. He had proposed a compromise of a three-game suspension, instead of five, but it was denied.

The Board argued that the penalty was consistent with what was meted out former La Salle assistant team manager Manny Salgado for hitting Far Eastern University star Arwind Santos in the nape during a melee on the floor a few years ago. Salgado was banned for life from participating in any UAAP activity. Since Ilad is playing out his UAAP eligibility, the penalty is effectively a ban for life.

Probably because of Ilad’s bad boy reputation, the Board was merciless in handing out the penalty without giving the player a chance for remorse.

In Cordero’s recommendation, he asked for Ilad to make a public apology, which the player did. The apology got Ilad nowhere.

The Board’s decision to sit out Ilad for the rest of the season (and his UAAP career) struck down Cordero’s recommendation with a mighty blow. As Commissioner, Cordero is supposed to serve as an independent overseer of the tournament. It’s within his purview to suspend players because of their actuations on the court since he is the supervisor of games.

Neither the Technical Committee nor the Board can claim the independence that the Commissioner has. Since the Technical Committee and the Board are composed of representatives of the different schools in the league, they are involved parties, meaning they have vested interests.

This is not to cast doubt on the intentions of the Technical Committee or the Board but surely, there are three teams represented in both bodies that would benefit from Ilad’s suspension for five more games.

Ilad, by the way, is averaging 4.2 points and 4.6 rebounds. He scored in double figures once in a game against the University of the Philippines and posted twin digits in rebounds twice.

jembengzon
09-20-2007, 10:08 AM
let it go. he's been suspended, a final decision has been rendered. it's time to move on.

oreo
09-20-2007, 10:15 AM
To all La Sallites (or La Sallians whatever you call yourselves),

I hope your sons and grandsons who watch the game grow up to be like Ilad. May they grow up thinking that despite fighting in summer league games and punching a defenseless person in the head, my community will support me.

Wear your jersey proud!!!

Howard the Duck
09-20-2007, 11:28 AM
As if may maitutulong si ilad?

parang mas ok pa ngang suspended siya at may rallying cause na ang LS

bluegirl
09-20-2007, 01:18 PM
dear mods,

before the discussion gets out of hand, i suggest that this thread be closed. tapos naman na ung incident. lumabas na rin ang sanctions for brian ilad.

mighty_lion
09-20-2007, 01:49 PM
dear mods,

before the discussion gets out of hand, i suggest that this thread be closed. tapos naman na ung incident. lumabas na rin ang sanctions for brian ilad.

motion seconded.

shyboy
09-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Aww, why close when many are still wasting time splitting hairs on this?* ::)

bananafrap
09-20-2007, 02:21 PM
To all La Sallites (or La Sallians whatever you call yourselves),

I hope your sons and grandsons who watch the game grow up to be like Ilad. May they grow up thinking that despite fighting in summer league games and punching a defenseless person in the head, my community will support me.

Wear your jersey proud!!!

To our dear sons and grandsons,

We all know Brian made a mistake. We hope that all of you would learn something from this incident and would know what's right and what's wrong. But we are here to guide and support you.

chupot
09-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Pahirit bago isara and thread...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! ;D

Jump_Shooter
09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
dear mods,

motion seconded.

Fine by me. Locking...