;D

mighty_lion
09-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Everybody's "favorite" team now that PCU is taking it's "vacation"

;D

Sino yong everybody?

sino pa ba?

;D

pwedeng bedista, atenista, lasalista, maroons, tigers at madami pang iba. sya, all of them nga.* *;)

Good Luck to JRU Bombers sa F4.
Dahan dahan lang sa letran.
No doubt matibay ang puso ng knights ni Alas.
Pero wag daanin sa katawan masyado.

trencher_k
09-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Hardcore Team nga to, pwedeng pang Hardcore Champion ng WWE mga players. ::)

gameface_one
09-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Howard, let's just avoid future sarcastic remarks pls as these could ignite some unwanted bashing. Thanks.

Howard the Duck
09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Howard, let's just avoid future sarcastic remarks pls as these could ignite some unwanted bashing. Thanks.

Noted.

But I maintain there's no sarcasm. Ang matamaan, kagaya ni Mel Alas. Si Mel Alas, pikon. Ang pikon, laging talo :)

amdgc82
03-14-2008, 06:43 AM
A Podcast with JRU Head Coach Ariel Vanguardia (http://www.inboundpass.com/2008/03/13/inboundpasscom-podcast-with-jru-head-coach-ariel-vanguardia/)
by Mike Abasolo
Thursday, 13 March 2008

Christian Soler and Mike Abasolo went on a road trip to the Reyes Gym in Mandaluyong City to catch the Jose Rizal University Heavy Bombers for a chance interview with Head Coach Ariel Vanguardia.

http://www.inboundpass.com/2008/03/13/inboundpasscom-podcast-with-jru-head-coach-ariel-vanguardia/

Sam Miguel
03-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Bombers...

Drop bombs...

Bombs that don't go off are called duds...

;D

Joescoundrel
04-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Mark Cagoco and Ira Wilson almost led JRU to a victory in their tuneup game against Ateneo this evening. If they had another two minutes they might have pulled it off. Ateneo went up by as much as 16 or 17 points up to the middle of the third period. JRU came within 66-64 midway through the fourth quarter thanks to the long toms of Cagoco and the hustle off the boards of Marvin Hayes and Jun Nocom.

Coach Ariel Vanguardia had to remind his boys: "Anak ng ... NABRO pumipito dito! Hindi na ito PBL, manipis ang tawagan!" This came on the heels of starting power forward Jason Sena getting whistled for two personal fouls in the first four minutes of the game. Jeez, I think the rest of the NCAA will reap a JRU shitstorm...

LION
04-10-2008, 09:13 AM
E si Vanguardia naman nagtatago lang sa likod ng players niya pag nagka-initan na.

Sam Ekwe is, most of the time, a forgiving guy.

Kevin Emeka Udo is your prototype MMA guy with those big fists, strong arms and sharp elbows. Deadly weapons all. Pero teka teka, basketball pala tayo. ;D

mighty_lion
04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
^ I read it somewhere thats its the assistant coaches duty to calm players (especially those in the bench) whenever there is an altercation. Vanguardia is the head coach. Maybe that explains it. :D

The_Big_Cat
04-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Coach Ariel Vanguardia had to remind his boys: "Anak ng ... NABRO pumipito dito! Hindi na ito PBL, manipis ang tawagan!" This came on the heels of starting power forward Jason Sena getting whistled for two personal fouls in the first four minutes of the game. Jeez, I think the rest of the NCAA will reap a JRU shitstorm...

Maybe, yung pressures niya from the PBL, doon na pumutok sa tune-up game nila vs Katipunan?

Joescoundrel
04-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Tired like hell from a couple of highly competitive games the day previous the JRU Heavy Bombers could not get going against defending UAAP and Fil-Oil champion De Lasalle yesterday 69-53.

glock23
04-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Tired like hell from a couple of highly competitive games the day previous the JRU Heavy Bombers could not get going against defending UAAP and Fil-Oil champion De Lasalle yesterday 69-53.

boss, we knew they were tired hence DLSU rooks getting a lot of playing time. ;)

Joescoundrel
04-27-2008, 08:50 PM
It seems the St Francis chapel in Lourdes School in Mandaluyong is the favorite church of the JRU Heavy Bombers: they always hear mass there every Sunday evening, 5:30 or 6:30 PM mass. Regulars are JR Sena, Reycon Kabigting, Jay Pradas. Coach Ariel Vanguardia has never been spotted there though.

BedanRoar
04-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Frustration Blues for the Coach! After S84, his losing his key players and so far medyo below par in everybody's expection for a team made of veterans (falling short in clinching a win during the pre-season tournaments). Big pressure!

Joescoundrel
04-29-2008, 01:11 AM
JRU woes continue with San Beda handing the Heavy Bombers their asses in today's Fil-Oil.

Who the heck is that tatooed fellow who wears number 3 for JRU? He's like a Japs Cuan but with good shooting.

oca
04-29-2008, 10:32 AM
The current line-up of JRU has a core of six players whom they collectively refer to as Magic 6. Sa kanila umaasa ang communidad na wakasan na yung mahigit tatlong dekadang walang kampeonato. After S84, all six would have maxed out their eligibilities.

Personally, I don't believe they can do it. Collectively, this 6 are not smart enough to dominate or control a game.

But, I saw players that I believe JRU can build on their future-- Matute, Lituania, Njei and Montemayor. Of the 4, only Montemayor didn't show much. But from where I sat, he was tall and agile enough to be considered a good project. Pwedeng maging player to reckon with at the 5 spot by S85. Matute can shoot and will shoot, Kung walang opening, may diskarte ang bata. Lituania showed a lot of spunk in the point, and Njei, he defended well against every Red Lion in front of him. Kahit si Ekwe at Udo ay nabutata, though the refs called fouls, objectively speaking, pwedeng i-let go yung mga contact na iyon. He is also quick enough to harass Hermida's incursion into the lane.

That's 4 players in the current line-up to build their future title hopes upon.

But, for it's ultimate realization, they have to let go fo Vanguardia first.

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Parang kulang sa passion si Vanguardia.

They are too pre-occupied with their PBL stints. If they really want to bring back their glory years, kailangan mag sacrifice. Kulang sa passion ang coach.

Joescoundrel
04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
They should bring in a modern coach or at least a younger coach who knows the modern game better. For all his experience it seems the only thing Ariel Vanguardia knows how to do well is a four-in-hand knot.

I would not mind seeing for instance some one like say Mon Jose or Jamike Jarin or John Flores handle the Heavy Bombers. These guys know the modern game and should be able to work wonders with a lineup that has James Sena, Marvin Hayes, Jason Nocom, Maui Pradas, John Wilson and Marc Cagoco. Their bench also has Apinan, Kabigting, Lituania and Bulangis, not too shabby for a good run to the NCAA Finals.

Now if only they had a coach who can set up beyond the four high - one low offense...

LION
04-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Huwag na. Bayaan nyo na lang si Vanguardia sa JRU. Mas masaya kung nandun siya. He won't win championships for the school in shaw but he sure will continue to grab headlines in the sports section of every newspaper. ;D

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 12:51 PM
I think JRU's Ariel Vanguardia is having the same problem what UP's Lito Vergara had in recent years.

UP had Jay-R Reyes, Abby Santos, Jireh Ibanez, Marvin Cruz, Toti Almeda, Nestor David, Josant Cervantes.. All of which were pre-occupied with their PBL careers and never found their cohesion in Diliman.

oca
04-29-2008, 02:18 PM
C'mon guys, you are too kind and diplomatic. Pre-occupation with the PBL is not JRU's problem. The players just don't have the smarts to win it all. They look imposing because of the body mass that the senior players have developed. Pero kung gaano ka-dense yung muscle na yun, ganon rin sa taas.

But I put the blame on Vanguardia to what the players have become. He is now on his 3rd year at the job, as those players gained their seniority, the coach should have imparted something of value to improve their game.

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
^I meant not enough time to play together as a team.

Kung may panahon man sila, gahol na sa oras. They need to play as early as possible and together.
:)

Joescoundrel
04-30-2008, 12:18 AM
One thing with JRU: why have they let players such as Mark Borboran slip away form them in the first place? Can you imagine how they might have done had say Floyd Dedicatoria had a Borboran with him?

My memory is not that good anymore, but weren't Bon Custodio and Elmer Espiritu also with JRU once upon a time?

Those three plus Dedicatoria three or so years ago, then the Sena and Company era now, who knows? JRU might have given Letran, PCU and San Beda a serious run for their money in those schools' title years.

bluegirl
04-30-2008, 12:29 AM
i'm not really sure about this. but IIRC, borboran was pirated from JRU. nagka-issue pa nga raw ang JRU at UE noon because of this. at that time, hindi pareho ang "support" na binibigay ng JRU (which is an understatement really) noon kumpara sa ngayon. iba rin naman kasi ang director nila noon.

AnthonyServinio
04-30-2008, 12:42 AM
One thing with JRU: why have they let players such as Mark Borboran slip away form them in the first place? Can you imagine how they might have done had say Floyd Dedicatoria had a Borboran with him?

My memory is not that good anymore, but weren't Bon Custodio and Elmer Espiritu also with JRU once upon a time?

Those three plus Dedicatoria three or so years ago, then the Sena and Company era now, who knows? JRU might have given Letran, PCU and San Beda a serious run for their money in those schools' title years.

* * *Add also to the list of Ex-Bombers Carlos Amador Fenequito to the list . . . he hopes to suit up for Santo Tomas in the coming UAAP wars.

* * *Thinking further, it is notable that a very young Samigue Eman played for JRU fresh out of high school in 2000 before getting homesick and returning to Mindanao after a year.* That means he could have been a Heavy Bomber until 2004.

LION
04-30-2008, 05:17 AM

PUP yata galing si bonbon. Espiritu and Borboran lang ang galing ng JRU.

gfy
04-30-2008, 06:57 AM
Serios also came from JRU.

BedanRoar
04-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Some write ups says that JRU is a threat (spoiler) to RL'S three peat aspirations. This is due to the so-called "magic 6" (as Mr. Oca describe them) veterans in their current line-up. But, I agree with Mr. Oca that it takes more than just being veterans to pull-off a Championship. You've got to have the Smarts and right Chemistry in a team. Just maybe, not yet for the current line-up & Coach.

Joescoundrel
04-30-2008, 09:12 AM

So now we have this could-have-been lineup for JRU:

SAM EMAN
MARK BORBORAN
ELMER ESPIRITU
VJ SERIOS

Together with:

CALOY FENEQUITO
FLOYD DEDICATORIA
JAMES SENA
MARVIN HAYES
MARK CAGOCO
JOHN WILSON
MAUI PRADAS
JASON NOCOM

Throw in:

REY MATUTE
RAYCON KABIGTING
CARLO LITUANIA

Jesus H Christ, if that isn't a killer lineup I don't know what is. That is a lineup that could have matched up with the 2004 PCU squad of Gabby Espinas, Ian Garrido, Rob Sanz and Jayson Castro. Or the 2005 Letran squad of Mark Andaya, Eric Rodriguez, Aaron Aban, Jon Aldave, JP Alcaraz and Boyet Bautista. Maybe even the 2006 and 2007 San Beda squads of Sam Ekwe, Yousif Aljamal, Ogie Menor and Pong Escobal.

BedanRoar
04-30-2008, 09:18 AM

So now we have this could-have-been lineup for JRU:

SAM EMAN
MARK BORBORAN
ELMER ESPIRITU
VJ SERIOS

Together with:

CALOY FENEQUITO
FLOYD DEDICATORIA
JAMES SENA
MARVIN HAYES
MARK CAGOCO
JOHN WILSON
MAUI PRADAS
JASON NOCOM

Throw in:

REY MATUTE
RAYCON KABIGTING
CARLO LITUANIA

Jesus H Christ, if that isn't a killer lineup I don't know what is. That is a lineup that could have matched up with the 2004 PCU squad of Gabby Espinas, Ian Garrido, Rob Sanz and Jayson Castro. Or the 2005 Letran squad of Mark Andaya, Eric Rodriguez, Aaron Aban, Jon Aldave, JP Alcaraz and Boyet Bautista. Maybe even the 2006 and 2007 San Beda squads of Sam Ekwe, Yousif Aljamal, Ogie Menor and Pong Escobal.

Sino Coach?

bchoter
04-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Aabot ba dapat si former Light Bomber Mark what's-his-face-reason-for-dlsu's-suspension?

toti_mendiola
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Aabot ba dapat si former Light Bomber Mark what's-his-face-reason-for-dlsu's-suspension?

gatchalian and benitez added to the list is one hell og\f a line up

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 11:48 AM

MarkBorboran played two seasons with JRU (2002 & 2003), Maui Prada played his rookie season for UE (2004). Both made transfers, Borboran to UE while Prada to JRU. Prada still plays for JRU.

erichubert
04-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Magandang coach para sa JRU si Junel Baculi, good motivator and tough minded. Like Ariel, he is volatile, but unlike Ariel, he is actually a good coach who knows his basketball.

Joescoundrel
05-01-2008, 02:46 AM
^ Uh-huh... :-X

Joescoundrel
05-01-2008, 02:50 AM

gatchalian and benitez added to the list is one hell og\f a line up

Indeed. Dare I say enough talent to beat Letran of 2005 and San Beda of 2006 with a rookie Ekwe?

Who cares about the coach? This is the NCAA for chrissakes...! With Cris Calilan around in those years they could have won titles with these could-have-been lineups.

LION
05-01-2008, 03:30 AM
^Agree. Sam Eman would have humiliated Sam Ekwe.

Thanks to UE, UP and UST. ;D

cub
05-01-2008, 09:55 AM

MarkBorboran played two seasons with JRU (2002 & 2003), Maui Prada played his rookie season for UE (2004). Both made transfers, Borboran to UE while Prada to JRU. Prada still plays for JRU.

ginawa mo namang tatak ng bags, etc ung player ng jru. Pradas yun. ;)

The_Big_Cat
05-01-2008, 10:27 AM

ginawa mo namang tatak ng bags, etc ung player ng jru. Pradas yun. ;)

Para SOSYAL naman pakinggan. ;D :D
Thanks for the correction.

mighty_lion
05-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Hate it or love it I guess you guys forgot to mention someone named "Macmac Cardona"

Joescoundrel
05-02-2008, 09:18 AM
^ Son of a b---- that's right, Mac Cardona.

Wala na, sure championship for JRU had he been around. I'll bet they could have easily taken three straight from 2004 to 2006 at the very least.

Imagine a starting lineup of Mark Cagoco, Mac Cardona, Mark Borboran, Floyd Dedicatoria and Sam Eman.

Then coming off the bench are John Wilson, Maui Pradas, Elmer Espiritu, Caloy Fenequito and James Sena.

End of the bench guys would be Marvin Hayes and VJ Serios. Deep AND talented.

mighty_lion
05-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Awww! (for what it could have been) and Ouch! (for what has happened)

lekiboy
05-02-2008, 10:19 AM
para mo na ding sinabi na: "kung di lumipat ang mga red cubs sa iba...hahaha"
1- nag-champion kaya tayo after 1978? ilan kaya?
2- nag-champion kaya ang mga nasa UAAP na niliptan ng red cubs? ilan kaya?

The_Big_Cat
05-02-2008, 11:13 AM
para mo na ding sinabi na: "kung di lumipat ang mga red cubs sa iba...hahaha"
1- nag-champion kaya tayo after 1978? ilan kaya?
2- nag-champion kaya ang mga nasa UAAP na niliptan ng red cubs? ilan kaya?

Paki breakdown nga. May edad na kasi ako at medyo makakalimutin na. ;D ;D

It would be fantastic had they kept their players in Shaw.

coreytaylor
05-02-2008, 11:22 AM
sori posted on the wrong thread

Joescoundrel
05-02-2008, 08:12 PM

Could I just ask: What is it with JRU that they seem to be the preferred school for pirating talent away by other schools, especially UE and Lasalle?

razor
05-02-2008, 08:58 PM
^ la salle or JRU. UE or JRU.

Res ipsa loquitur. ;)

mighty_lion
05-03-2008, 01:19 PM
^ Couldnt add more to that.

Joescoundrel
05-03-2008, 11:47 PM
^ But they seem to be the preferred target.

Lasalle and UE were not able to pry Kelvin Dela Pena away from Mapua for instance, or Leo Najorda from Baste, or Aaron Aban from Letran, or evn Yousif Aljamal from San Beda. And they left Floyd Dedicatoria well enough alone.

I cannot quite see how this thing could quite speak for itself.

bchoter
05-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Is Raycon Kabigting related Bambi Kabigting?

^ But they seem to be the preferred target.

Lasalle and UE were not able to pry Kelvin Dela Pena away from Mapua for instance, or Leo Najorda from Baste, or Aaron Aban from Letran, or evn Yousif Aljamal from San Beda. And they left Floyd Dedicatoria well enough alone.

I cannot quite see how this thing could quite speak for itself.
Maybe because they have consistently produced good but vulnerable HS players. And their being easy prey can be traced back to the perceived weak seniors program who seem not interested with them.

bchoter
05-14-2008, 12:05 PM
deleted

Joescoundrel
05-14-2008, 08:59 PM
^ Bchoter, I think Reycon is a very distant nephew of Bambi.

As for game action JRU is now 1-4 in the Fil-Oil and sinking fast. Today they got run out of the Arena with the transition game of Mapua 90-69. They weren't going back down on defense after a miss and there were plenty of misses. The sadder part is that they were getting good rebounds and second third fourth opportunities even but they just could not buy a basket.

bchoter
05-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Looks like Vanguardia will have to resort to their old ways

LION
05-15-2008, 12:50 AM
^ Which is? ;D

The "old ways" is precisely the reason why they did not win the important games last season. They were focusing too much on the "physical" part of the game rather than the "basketball part". Nawawala tuloy yung focus dahil sa halip na mag concentrate sa offensive or defensive patterns e iniisip kung papano balyahin, sikuhin o masaktan yung kalaban. ::)

I think it's time for JRU to change its basketball philosophy or, at the very least, its coach.

The_Big_Cat
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I think it's time for JRU to change its basketball philosophy or, at the very least, its coach.

As I have said before, walang passion si Vanguardia.
The only thing he does best is wearing that tie of his.

MonL
05-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I think it's time for JRU to change its basketball philosophy or, at the very least, its coach.*

At dahil diyan, namamasyon ang JRU. ;D

Wang-Bu
05-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Kunin na lang kaya nila si Philip Cezar...

The_Big_Cat
05-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Kunin na lang kaya nila si Philip Cezar...

Cezar once coached the San Juan Knights in the MBA.
Or Jimmy Santos?

Or Vergel Meneses? (Part of the coaching staff of Burger King in the PBL)

bchoter
05-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Pag si Cezar ang coach malamang kakampi na ako sa Heavy Bombers :D

Crispa forever... dahil yun ang pebori ng mga tito ko.

LION
05-23-2008, 03:06 PM
E papano yan pag si Fortune Cookie ang nag coach sa MIT? ;D

bchoter
05-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Semi lang. Mr. Stretch pa rin :D

danny
05-24-2008, 01:45 AM

At dahil diyan, namamasyon ang JRU. ;D

Vanguardia is there not for the Heavy Bombers. He is there for himself alone. Ego-tripping lang siguro at the expense of the character of his players. Kung magaspang na nga, pagagaspangin pa. The folly of Vanguardia.

JRU should find a replacement. The Heavy Bombers deserve a better coach.

Mabuhay Rizal! ;D

danny
05-24-2008, 01:49 AM

Could I just ask: What is it with JRU that they seem to be the preferred school for pirating talent away by other schools, especially UE and Lasalle?

Inside job kaya yan ni Vanguardia? Uy intirga. Huwag naman sana. Pero kung makakabauti sa aming kampanya, sige pa...hehehe. ;)

Vergel Meneses is a possible coach the Heavy Bombers deserve. Someone who is really proud of his JRC roots.

paul0220
05-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Ang problema ng JRU wala sa coach. Nasa recruitment system and resources ng school para kumuha ng magagaling na players. Wag natin husgahan ang coach based lang sa pre-season games kasi puro experimento lang ginagawa nila para maghanda sa regular season...pag di pumasok sa final four ang JRU..yun tsaka tayo humusga..

christian
05-24-2008, 10:25 AM
The question is your coach's character, assuming your from JRU. Sayang yung mga players nyo, lalo na si Wilson and Hayes. He has shown in the past 2 seasons his capabilities, and the team's potential.

Anyway, good luck to JRU.

The_Big_Cat
05-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Dapat sana may sinakripisyo ni Vanguardia yung nakaraang PBL conference para sa preparation ng JRU. Nandyan ang potential ng mga players niya pero parang may kulang pa rin si Vanguardia with his ability to develop a good chemistry among his players.

Baka maluma na lang ang mga potential dyan sa JRU at maging "vintage bombs" na lang.

erichubert
05-24-2008, 12:08 PM
There comes a time when a coach loses control of his team, he doesn't get the players attention anymore and they are not as motivated to play for him anymore just like Avery Johnson with the Mavs. Somehow, this seems to be the case with Vanguardia and JRU. Parang di na nagrerespond ang mga players sa kanya, they need a new man at the helm.

Regular Grey
06-06-2008, 08:27 AM
kaya pala gustong umalis ni Sena.

The_Big_Cat
06-06-2008, 10:17 AM

tsismis na naman? ;D

razor
06-06-2008, 01:38 PM

tsismis na naman? ;D

It's a fact. ;)

christian
06-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Care to elaborate sir?

paul0220
06-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Tsismis lang yan..still practices with gusto for JRU..

Sam Miguel
06-17-2008, 07:33 PM
If the Heavy Bombers can get their collective acts together they are a Final 4 lock and might - just might - find a way into the Finals where they will give San Beda a fight for the ages. Right now they are the only team with enough talent and just enough size when everyone is healthy to compete against the Red Lions. However they just can't seem to conquer whatever ghosts they have and keep finding ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

stonecold316
06-18-2008, 02:56 AM
Huwag kayo magugulat kung isa na naman player nila ang umalis after Season 84.
:D :D :D
Anyway, goodluck na lang sa JRU Bombers.

stonecold316 :

danny
06-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Dehins yan kagulat gulat. May kumatok na nga pero sarado ang pinto.

Anyway, transferring to another school is normal nowadays. We've got Bedans from Team Behold transferring to other schools. JRU players, any player for that matter, can do the same.

bchoter
06-18-2008, 12:10 PM
^ Pero mas masakit ang paglipat ng mga Juniors nila.

Looks like 2-3 marquee light bombers won't be bombing heavily next season.

danny
06-18-2008, 02:14 PM
^^^

Poor Vanguardia. :D :D

paul0220
06-18-2008, 08:51 PM
^ Pero mas masakit ang paglipat ng mga Juniors nila.

Looks like 2-3 marquee light bombers won't be bombing heavily next season.

Di naman si Vanguardia ang coach ng Light Bombers..besides la pa naman lugar ang mga Light Bombers last year na aakyat na sa College dapat this year..Punong puno pa ang Team A ng JRU and ang mainstays nila may 2 years of eligibility pa..

danny
06-19-2008, 01:15 AM
^^^

Ayaw niya ba sa mga bigating Light Bombers? That's the context of the post.

Since there is no room for the Light Bombers, then chow time for the rest of would be recruiters. No surprise if some Light Bomgers will transfer to other schools. Thanks for the clarification, paul.

bchoter
06-19-2008, 11:14 AM
^^ So that means walang lugar yung senior na big man at scorer ng Light Bombers sa seniors next season?

paul0220
06-19-2008, 06:41 PM
^^ So that means walang lugar yung senior na big man at scorer ng Light Bombers sa seniors next season?

Kung yung mga senior big men ng Light Bombers are better than those in Team B and can replace those already in Team A then pwede. Seguro mangyayari yan if they are blue chips rookie sila like what happened in Ateneo.

bchoter
06-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Kung yung dalawang seniors niyo ngayon are not good enough to even notch a spot in Team B that means you've got one hell of a seniors line up.

bchoter
06-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Next year JRU will have 3 transferees from the UAAP. Two guards and a big man.

Regular Grey
06-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Mga katotong Bombers.
Para sa inyong inpormasyon,

Latest from inboundpass.com
“By banning Pascual, the ManCom committed a blatant injustice”

Posted: 21 Jun 2008 07:46 AM CDT

Editor’s note: Inboundpass.com received this letter from a lawyer who is, at present, a master of laws student of International Human Rights Law and Criminal Justice in the Netherlands. The sender has asked inboundpass.com not to divulge his/her identity. As such, inboundpass.com has decided to publish the letter in full, while providing two public documents that the sender furnished to us – the report of Mr. Henry Atayde, NCAA ManCom board member, and affidavit of Mr. Elvin Jake Pascual - both of which can be accessed here: atayde-pcu-report.rtf pascual-affidavit.rtf

Dear Mr. Abasolo:

Pardon my intrusion to your Multiply account. I have been searching for your official e-mail address on the Net to reach you. After an ardent search, your Multiply account was the closest I could get to.

I write to you to expose an injustice committed to one of the young players in the roster of the San Beda College Red Lions, Elvin Jake Pascual. Pascual was the 2006 NCAA Juniors Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Player awardee, playing for the Philippine Christian University Baby Dolphins. As you may know, PCU was suspended by the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) last year for various irregularities involving falsification of documents and identity switching among its athletes. Four players of the PCU Baby Dolphins were directly involved in these anomalies and have been banned from competition in the NCAA. Pascual moved to San Beda College. Subsequently, the NCAA recommended to San Beda not to include Pascual in its team last year because of certain concerns that were raised that may jeopardize the team. San Beda heeded this and as a sign of good faith, Pascual was not included in the Red Lions’ campaign in Season 83.

On June 5, 2008, the NCAA Management Committee (ManCom) issued a ruling to exclude Pascual from the official Season 84 line-up of San Beda’s seniors basketball team for violating the NCAA rule prohibiting graduating high school students who are repeaters from participating in any competition in the NCAA. Also, his purported submission of falsified documents to the NCAA became a reason for the ManCom’s ruling. As of this writing, San Beda has brought this case on appeal before the NCAA Policy Board.

In 2004, Pascual was sixteen years old and a fourth year high school student of St. Rose Catholic School in Paniqui, Tarlac. His brother brought him to Manila and encouraged him to apply for a basketball scholarship with PCU. On his own volition, he personally came to PCU with the intent to join its seniors basketball team, as he was, at that time, a graduating high school student. He was advised by a certain Pedro “Bong” Sales, head coach of the PCU Baby Dolphins, to repeat his third year of high school to gain experience and be familiar with Manila basketball. According to his sworn statement, Pascual was then instructed to officially drop out from his fourth year high school studies in St. Rose Catholic School in Tarlac, and to bring with him his second year high school report card to officially enrol as a third year high school student at PCU. Mr. Sales facilitated Pascual’s enrolment in PCU High School, enabling him to serve a one-year residency and play for a year with the Baby Dolphins. He succeeded in winning both the Rookie of the Year plum and Most Valuable Player honors in the Juniors Division that year.

From the antecedent facts, it may be inferred that there was no falsification involved in the case of Pascual as he submitted to Mr. Sales his authentic and genuine second year high school report card. Nor in any stage of this process did Pascual have any intent to repeat his third year of high school. There was no intent on his part to violate NCAA rules and regulations. As a minor who knew nothing about his chances to study in Manila, he was merely acting upon the advice of his future basketball coach. In fact, Mr. Sales, who was an athletics official in PCU, was in a position to know the regulations fairly well. The intent to falsify or undertake fraudulent acts must be imputed on Sales. For abusing the innocence and noble intent of Pascual, it is Sales who must be penalized and not the victim, who is Pascual.

The NCAA ManCom took as legal basis Rule 1.2.4 of the NCAA By-Laws to exclude Pascual from the Red Lions line up. It is the contention of San Beda that this rule, which provides that a GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT who is a REPEATER be deemed ineligible to compete in any NCAA tournament (emphasis mine), shall apply only to a current high school student and not to Pascual, who is now a bona fide graduate of PCU High School, and a bona fide student currently enrolled in twelve academic units in San Beda College. This is in faithful compliance with Rules 1.2 and 1.3 of the NCAA, which also concurrently apply to athletes in the Juniors and Seniors Divisions. Pascual’s status as a graduate of PCU High School and his eligibility to play in the Seniors Division was validated by Mr. Henry Atayde in an investigation he headed, one commissioned by the NCAA as well.

Finally, the NCAA ManCom used against Pascual the very facts that he declared to be the best of his knowledge in an affidavit he, together with San Beda College, voluntarily executed and submitted to the NCAA. This was initiated by San Beda to clarify any involvement he may have had with the PCU anomaly. With this affidavit, Pascual actually helped the NCAA gather more information leading to the responsible officials who directly took part in the fraudulent acts. Even in courts of law, an offender, who has collaborated with authorities through his testimony, is lawfully discharged from his case as a state witness. By banning Pascual on the basis of his own statements and readmitting his former Alma Mater PCU to play this season, the ManCom committed a blatant injustice by violating his right against self-incrimination.

I humbly seek your able assistance, hoping that this narration of facts merits the attention of our media, whether through print, broadcast or cyberspace, in fighting the injustice committed on the defenseless. Elvin Jake Pascual left his home in Paniqui, Tarlac, as a sixteen-year-old to secure an education with only his basketball prowess to offer. He took his chances, all knowing that his parents – his father, a tricycle driver and his mother, a simple housewife – were not financially equipped to give him this opportunity. With your help, it is hoped that the dream of this upcoming basketball star lives on.

Thank you for your valuable attention.

Joescoundrel
06-29-2008, 10:19 AM
JRU got off on the wrong foot in Season 84 getting walloped by Season 83 Final 4 nemesis Letran. James Sena had 19 points and something like nine rebounds but found little help from his teammates: no one else scored in double digits according to the newspaper box scores. They could not find a solution to the all out hustle of Boyet Melegrito and the great movement off the ball of John Foronda. John Wilson, Mark Cagoco and the rest of the JRU perimeter weren't bombing anything that afternoon.

The_Big_Cat
06-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Coach Vanguardia used Mark Cagoco as the shooting guard most of the time in the opening game against Letran. But he failed to explode. It seems to me that the coach cannot get this team into the groove with all the experienced players like Sena, Prada, Wilson, Hayes, Nocom and Cagoco. JRU needs a playmaker to glue this team together like a Pong Escobal of San Beda or a RJ Jazul of Letran.

oca
06-30-2008, 06:49 PM
I like what I saw from their 7th man up to the 9th and even 10th player in that rotation. Promising. But I seriously doubt if the current coach can fully harness the talents at his disposal.

As for their vaunted six-pack. Collectively, that's all there is to it -- form, no substance. For all their size and advantage in playing years, they can't impose their will on Letran!

Looking forward to the rebuilding stage... and hopefully under a new coach.

mighty_lion
06-30-2008, 07:31 PM
The Matute guy looks promising.

toti_mendiola
06-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Tsaka yung Kabigting. Kabig ng kabig ng puntos eh.

christian
06-30-2008, 09:50 PM

Shooter yan, wala pang takot tumira. Fil-Am yata.

The_Big_Cat
07-01-2008, 04:16 PM
^Yes he looks impressive. Agas showed some excellent perimeter shooting. And yung big guy nila Lopez magaling din.

The_Big_Cat
07-01-2008, 04:20 PM

Kabigting came from their juniors (Light Bombers). Mythical 5 selection pa yata noong 2006 together with Jake Pascual (PCU HS).

paul0220
07-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Kabigting came from their juniors (Light Bombers). Mythical 5 selection pa yata noong 2006 together with Jake Pascual (PCU HS).

Yes Kabigting came from the Light Bombers and played in Team B last year. Agas used to be one of the scorers of JRU but got injured and was sidelined the previous seasons.

paul0220
07-01-2008, 05:54 PM

Shooter yan, wala pang takot tumira. Fil-Am yata.

Matute is a Fil-Am, tried out for La Salle but was cut eventually tried for JRU last summer and played in Team B last season. Laging kasama niya tatay niya sa practice.

Sam Miguel
07-05-2008, 07:32 AM
^^^ I believe Nate Matute and Jon Semira of Baste were friends and teammates in the US.

San Sebastian made it a double over Jose Rizal yesterday as the Stags and Staglets overcame the Light and Heavy Bombers. It was a blowout for the Staglets and a come from behind for the Stags. Looks like JRU's woes have continued into the regular season.

The_Big_Cat
07-05-2008, 01:06 PM
The Heavy Bombers are lacking leadership and playmaking.

The PBL stints of their 6 players and coach aren't helping JRU's cause right now. Mukhang "nag kanya-kanya" sila sa opensa especially Cagoco.

Joescoundrel
07-05-2008, 11:04 PM
John Njei rejected three shots in the last NCAA playdate and seems on course to become the first player under 6-feet to have a shot at being the NCAA shotblocks leader.

joelex
07-06-2008, 02:14 AM
it seems we have a coach on the hot seat now. well, he was since last season but all the more now with 2 successive defeats.

one former bomber is said to be seen regularly voyaging the air of shaw blvd and replace ariel vanGWARDYA.

MonL
07-06-2008, 05:45 AM
it seems we have a coach on the hot seat now. well, he was since last season but all the more now with 2 successive defeats.

one former bomber is said to be seen regularly voyaging the air of shaw blvd and replace ariel vanGWARDYA.

A clue! A clue!! :D

Regular Grey
07-06-2008, 07:18 AM
He he he/ Clue na Clue a.

nastrans
07-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Niyoyoyoyo pa yung bola sa bandang Shaw Blvd :D

lekiboy
07-06-2008, 10:22 AM

hahaha- get that handy dandy notebook!!!!

nicksy
07-06-2008, 10:45 AM

yan ba yun may tatoo sa braso niya ng mga mikha ng pamilya niya?, mukang GINAGWARDYAHAN na ang posisyon ni vanGWARDYA. ;D

mighty_lion
07-06-2008, 10:53 AM
I think marami dito ang nagsasabing JRU will go nowhere in the hands of Vanguardia. Thier players will dribble the ball at least three times from an offensive rebound, the trajectory of lauching easy boarding shots is wrong, positioning is awful, dribbling is unpolished for most players.... madami pa. Individual skills palang yan and it seems parang hindi na nag-improve for the last two years. They hedge to much on playing experience (PBL, Offseason leagues) and strengthening which is nothing if players fundamental are not polished. Inboundpass lang yata ang naniniwala sa kanya.

Kung totoo man ang tsismis, hulaan ko na rin kung sino... The Voyager?

The_Big_Cat
07-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Right now walang "piloto" ang Heavy Bombers ngayon!
Parang naka auto-pilot lang. ;D
Hulog ng hulog ng "bomba", hindi naman tumatama sa target.

Kailangan nila ng isang magaling na navigator! Isang "Aerial Voyager"!

lekiboy
07-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Right now walang "piloto" ang Heavy Bombers ngayon!
Parang naka auto-pilot lang.* ;D
Hulog ng hulog ng "bomba", hindi naman tumatama sa target.

Kailangan nila ng isang magaling na navigator! Isang "Aerial Voyager"!

hindi ba "tapal king"?

LION
07-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Coach lang ba kailangang palitan? E yung mga players? ;D

Howard the Duck
07-06-2008, 03:32 PM
na gets ko na! :P

nastrans
07-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Akala ko yung isang alumni na nag "I Love You Three Timessss a dayyyyy" u-u-uyyyyyyy oha! :D

paul0220
07-07-2008, 07:45 AM

hahaha- get that handy dandy notebook!!!!

Ariel Vanguardia's contract with JRU is expiring this season. If JRU will replace him wag yung "voyager" na sinasabi niyo kasi wala ring magagawa yan for JRU. Una wala pang credential yan as a coach. Sana kung magpalit talaga ng coach sila habulin na lang nila yung dati na rin sina suggest dito na si Philip Cezar. Yun may credentials.

But in fairness to Ariel Vanguardia, mahina talaga ang recruitment program ng JRU. Ang mga players na naglalaro for JRU ngayon, majority sa kanila hindi niya recruits na mana lang niya from the previous coaching staff. Mabait si coach Ariel and knows his basketball ang problema la sa coach lang pati rin sa mga players.

stonecold316
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Home > Sports > Top Stories JRU defeats Benilde in 'NC' hoops
07/07/2008 | 03:33 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us PASAY CITY, Philippines - The Jose Rizal U (JRU) Heavy Bombers defeated the Saint Benilde Blazers 75-67 in the National Collegiate Athletic Association men's basketball tournament Monday at the Cuneta Astrodome.

The victory was the Bombers' first after dropping their first two games.

Big man James Sena led JRU with 21 points, while Marc Cagoco added 20.

Jeff Morial led the Blazers with 17 points. Benilde, which won its first two games, has dropped its last two. - GMANews.TV

Joescoundrel
07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
DOUBLE HAPPINESS

Jose Rizal University made it a double joyride in spite of the bad weather as both the Light Bombers and the Heavy Bombers made mincemeat of Perpetual Help. In the junior division Joshua Saret, Louie Vigil, Kevin Oliveria, Ric Madlangbayan and Keith Agovida needed the first quarter to warm up before kicking the shit out of the Perpetual Altalets 107-93. In senior division action veterans pointguard Mark Cagoco and center James Sena presided over a fourth period breakaway to turn back the Perpetual Altas 74-57.

Filipino-African forward Joseph Eriobu and forward-center Ralvin Torres kept pace with Agovida and company inside, even engaging in a couple of lead changes in the first quarter. Jhorren Baptista and Joel Jolangcob also joined in with their nifty perimeter play.

By the second half however the Light Bombers were in full attack mode and took a double digit spread 62-48 midway through the third period and were never seriously threatened. Saret led the way with a flurry of three-pointers even as Vigil and Agovida attacked from the high post. It didn't help that Perpetual bigs Torres, Eriobu, Jon Canusa and JM Gonato got into foul trouble early in this period.

Perpetual still had one last rallye left in them coming within 88-80 sometime late in the fourth period. But Madlangbayan, Agovida and Vigil kept the Altalets at bay all the way to the final buzzer. Saret had a tournament high 30 points, Vigil 24, Madlangbayan 22 and Agovida 19 in a showcase of offensive firepower. Jolangcob led Perpetual with 21.

In the seniors game Mike Kong, Jim Kong, Nat Salanga and Rob Hainga kept pace with the JRU in the first half but ran out of steam midway through the fourth period. Cagoco meanwhile waxed hot from all over and was named best player at the end of the game. Kong and company kept the fight close in the first half with their sniping, swift ball movement and dribble penetration.

By the time the second half rolled around though it was the Bombers' turn to run some solid execution. Cagoco went nuts from the outside, Sena established himself in the low blocks, Maui Pradas and Jason Nocom provided solid play off the bench and Ildefonso Bulangis played as the second pointguard on the floor as JRU began to pull away 58-46 late in the third period. Bulangis was particularly effective running the halfcourt sets and finding the open man. Bulangis was also chiefly responsible for shutting down Perpetual main man Ronald Reyes. Reyes struggled to get eight points after averaging close to 16.

Cagoco led the Bombers with 21 points to go with six assists and two steals while Sena had 14 points and nine boards. The Kong boys had 12 and 11 points respectively for Perpetual Help.

Joescoundrel
07-17-2008, 10:39 AM
A lot of people think Keith Agovida is the most college-ready of the Light Bombers. That may be so. But a case could be made for Louie Vigil, a 6'2" or 6'3" forward every bit as gifted if not more so than the high profile Agovida. Vigil is a better ballhandler and passer and has a better trigger on his shot. He may not be the super athlete that Agovida is but he seems to play smarter and understands the subtle nuances of the game better. Vigil sees the floor and how the play develops, as indicated by his ability to go to the best position on the court as the play unfolds. With Agovida around he is often at the high quarter courts for the long shot or along the baseline for the drive and draw play.

nicksy
07-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Congrats JRU, good game,

Animo San Beda.

The_Big_Cat
07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Congrats to JRU for a well deserved win!

You bombarded us with your dreaded three-point shots. See you in the 2nd round.

Howard the Duck
07-23-2008, 04:31 PM
SBC's zone defense backfired

nastrans
07-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Rebounding was also a factor and the defense also worked for JRU.

michaelangelo_kid
07-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Congrats to the JRU Heavy Bombers.

Everyone now knows how to beat San Beda. In the perimeter.The *SBC coach is too arrogant to even admit *the weaknesses of the zone defense, i.e., the zone offense. *This was seen in the PCU, SSC and now JRU games.

No one is saying that the zone defense is an inferior system. It is in fact one of the best defensive schemes in amateur basketball. *But when the opposing team is making their perimeter shots, then you should adjust and cover the perimeter shooters. *As simple as that. *It's a matter of making real time adjustments, use what actually works on a particular situation. *

paul0220
07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
It was both the outside shooting and not being afraid of Ekwe that propelled the Bombers to their win against San Beda. And those were designed by the coach that many in this thread want replaced.

Howard the Duck
07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
And those were designed by the coach that many in this thread want replaced.

sapul hahaha

nash_bedista
07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Vanguardia - "TEARS OF JOY" *;D

Bawi nalng tayo..

boozer
07-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Vanguardia - "TEARS OF JOY" ;D

Bawi nalng tayo..

Hahaha.

Kulang na lang "We are the Champions" yung background.

Pero as a Red Lion fanatic, it felt good in a way that our opponents are really playing their hearts out.

Or medyo kulang lang tayo sa defensive adjustments?

Schortsanitis
07-23-2008, 08:32 PM

How many shots did they take, and what was their percentage?

Didn't see the game, caught it on the dying minutes only. Got to watch the next game, though.

Howard the Duck
07-23-2008, 10:35 PM

How many shots did they take, and what was their percentage?

Didn't see the game, caught it on the dying minutes only. Got to watch the next game, though.

JRU's 3-pt shooting: 12/40 (30%)... not that bad

LION
07-23-2008, 10:41 PM
It was both the outside shooting and not being afraid of Ekwe that propelled the Bombers to their win against San Beda. And those were designed by the coach that many in this thread want replaced.

From what I saw, those 3 point shots in the last 2 minutes were not designed plays. *They were creative plays coming from broken plays.

But clearly, JRU deserved to win. *You could see it from the faces of their players during the game. They wanted it more, they fought harder. They went for those rebounds, steals, and they outhustled and outplayed the Red Lions in all aspects of the game. *

The Red Lions lost the battle today. *Courageous stand by the Bombers. Vanguardia and Cagoco were in tears. *;D *

See you in the second round.

Schortsanitis
07-23-2008, 11:09 PM

It only about slightly below the average of 33%, unless they came in bunches towards the end of the game.

What a 3-point shot does, though, is open up your opponents defense for drive in or post plays.

danny
07-24-2008, 01:39 AM

Splendid indeed.

You guys deserve the win.

oca
07-24-2008, 07:33 AM
From the opening tip off, this was clearly an "emotional game" for the Heavy Bombers. There was nothing new in what they did yesterday but raise the emotional level of the game.

First quarter pa lang, when they are able to score inside or grab an offensive rebound, the bench was ecstatic as if it was an end game situation.

Even in the middle game, with every converted 3-ptr, the reaction was as if it was a game defining shot.

For the way the Bombers were motivated, Vanguardia deserves a "10".

But this is a type of game that no team will be able to sustain on successive playdays, much less for the duration of the tournament. Papatayin mo ang players mo nyan.

Regular Grey
07-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Congratulations Bombers!

eightyfiver
07-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Congrats JRU! Ang dami nilang inarkilang bus just for this game. All-out support talaga ang management.

LION
07-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Postgame interview of Mark Cagoco:

Cagoco: (Holding back tears of joy) Tatlong taon na namin na gustong talunin ang San Beda. Finally natalo rin namin. ;D

Again, congratulations to JRU. This goes to show that San Beda can be beaten in a fair and square manner. No need to use dirty tactics.

JRU's win - meaningful.
CSB's "win" - ::)

oca
07-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Maraming miron ang walang bilid kay Vanguardia, but the players kept their faith in their coach and did what they were told to do and were rewarded with a morale boosting win.

Totoo, mangiyak-iyak ang halos lahat sa team kahapon.

Sabi ng nasa likuran ko, mga estudyante na halatang PE attendance ang sadya sa Cuneta, "Pasok na ba sa championship?".

Sounds funny. But I think she just described aptly how the whole scene looked like after the final buzzer.

red18
07-24-2008, 09:45 AM
congrats to the heavy bombers, you deserve to win, you guys were the better team that day. im a bedan but you prove that you have what it takes to win! you won fair and square. not like CSB. see u next round.

mabuhay!
animo!

Joescoundrel
07-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Veteran pointguard Mark Cagoco had 18 points as he led the JRU Heavy Bombers to a stunning 79-74 victory over defending champion San Beda Red Lions.

JRU lived up to their team moniker and literally kept bombing from outside to counteract the superior size of the Red Lions. "I just told the boys to keep shooting," remarked JRU head coach Ariel Vanguardia.

It was all this mad outside bombing that kept JRU in it. Just as San Beda looked about ready to break away a JRU trey would bring the Bombers back into it. John Wilson, Jay Bulangis and Maui Pradas joined Cagoco in firing away.

From a 52-44 deficit late in the third period JRU came back on the efforts of their perimeter. With the perimeter clicking their inside men found the going a little better against the tall San Beda timber. James Sena, Marvin Hayes and Jason Nocom all found themselves going against one on one coverage and outmaneuvered Sam Ekwe, Chris Taupa and Jake Pascual inside.

The 6'5" Sena was particularly impressive as he took it strong against the larger Ekwe inside - scoring on variations of his patented one-handers.

JRU earned the distinction of being the first team to beat the defending champions in Season 84.

LION
07-24-2008, 10:09 AM

It only about slightly below the average of 33%, unless they came in bunches towards the end of the game.*

What a 3-point shot does, though, is open up your opponents defense for drive in or post plays.

40 attempts from the rainbow area. That says it all. Unfortunately, they converted when it mattered most.

oca
07-24-2008, 10:55 AM

It only about slightly below the average of 33%, unless they came in bunches towards the end of the game.

40 attempts from the rainbow area. That says it all. Unfortunately, they converted when it mattered most.

12 conversions. 5 or 6 of which all came in the 4th! About 4 in the last 5 minutes or so.

bchoter
07-24-2008, 11:03 AM
In fairness to Vanguardia he seem to have "resurrected" the Bombers after they were dismissed as goners after Calilan stepped down (forcibly or otherwise)

Schortsanitis
07-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Well, you know, a 3-point shot is a low percentage shot. Sometimes you get lucky, but most times you don't. That's why a team just can't live on 3-point shooting alone.

When you shoot 30% from that area, and they came in bunches in the last 5-6 minutes of the game .... I'd say they got lucky. Statistically wise, that's how it goes.

Think about it: JRU took 40 shots in the game. Of those 40, they made 6 in the fourth quarter. This means that for the 1st 3 quarters, they were, what, 6 out of 34?

Imagine that. Out of 34 shots, 'anim lang pumasok. So kung ikaw nga naman bantay, magtataka ka, ba't ba to bato ng bato, puro mintis naman.'

'Pero yun nga, sinuwerte. The law of averages says you cannot continue to shoot that high, or that low. JRU was shooting so low in the first 3 quarters, that the law of averages says it has to rise up, in this game, or the next. Just our luck, that it rose up in this game.

Schortsanitis
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
It seems like Ariel Vanguardia threw the dice in this game.* He probably thought, everybody expected us to lose in this game, so why not bet on the 3-point shot?* If we lose, then that's expected.* But if we win .... and they won.* The 3-point shots went in.*

But I think its more of a one time thing, though.* That kind of a gamble doesn't work every game.* It doesn't even work on MOST games.*

But if I were Frankie, I'd keep a close watch on those law of averages also, especially where the opponent is taking the shot.

The_Big_Cat
07-24-2008, 01:42 PM

JRU hit 13 three-point shots:
6 from Cagoco, 3 from Bulangis, 3 from Wilson and 1 from Kabigting.

ESCALERA JR.
07-24-2008, 06:10 PM
JRU Bombers Gambled and Won on the 3 point shot.

Kahit masakit sa paningin ang 30% accuracy which is considered low, in a game where it was close till the last 5 minutes, it surely was a risk worth taking.

Magandang diskarte ang ginawa ni Vanguardia. Alam niyang butata ang naghihintay sa malapitang tira because of Sam Ekwe so he opted for his snipers to just fire at will from the outside. Luckily they all went in at the appropriate time.

Godd game for the Bombers.

Howard the Duck
07-25-2008, 09:16 PM
JRU = party-pooper for two years in a row :D

mrard
07-26-2008, 11:05 AM
congratulations to the heavy bombers for winning 3 straight games in a row.....that's uphsd,sanbeda and mapua respectively...:)

i guess now, gaganahan na ang jru community to watch jru games live.........next victim: the PCU Dolphins on the 30th..:)

paul0220
07-27-2008, 10:05 AM
congratulations to the heavy bombers for winning 3 straight games in a row.....that's uphsd,sanbeda and mapua respectively...:)

i guess now, gaganahan na ang jru community to watch jru games live.........next victim: the PCU Dolphins on the 30th..:)
Its already 4 straight they have also defeated CSB after losing to Letran on opening day and an unlucky loss to SSC..

danny
08-01-2008, 05:38 AM

Its already 4 straight they have also defeated CSB after losing to Letran on opening day and an unlucky loss to SSC..

From the "Bad Boys" of the NCAA to a legitimate championship contender. You are making some of us eat our words. That's good for hardcore NCAA competition.

ankle breaker
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
JRU is a surprise this year.

gider
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/IMG_2995.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/IMG_3001.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/IMG_3004.jpg

The_Big_Cat
08-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Jose Rizal U beats Benilde for 7th straight win in NCAA hoops
08/11/2008 | 05:44 PM

MANILA, Philippines –Jose Rizal University is starting to look really unbeatable.

The Heavy Bombers claimed their seventh straight victim after they dismantled the Saint Benilde Blazers 87-60 in the men’s basketball tournament of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Monday at the Astrodome in Pasay City.

Starting point-guard Mark Cagoco went four-of-seven from three-point range for 16 points and big man James Sena finished with the same output to go with seven rebounds to help JRU seal second place overall behind idle Letran.

The Bombers sport a 7-2 record, a half-game behind Letran’s 7-1.

The Blazers fell to 3-6. – GMANews.TV

ankle breaker
08-11-2008, 09:45 PM
where's the boxscores?

The_Big_Cat
08-12-2008, 10:02 AM
where's the boxscores?

JRU 87 — Cagoco 16, Sena 16, Wilson 10, Agas 8, Bulangis 7,Nocom 7, Kabigting 7, Hayes 6, Montemayor 4, Lopez 2, Njei 2, Pradas 2, Apinan 0.

CSB 60 — Dalanon 17, Johnston 11, Mañalac 9, Sevilla 6, Morial 5, Dela Paz 4, David 4, Montecastro 2, Manlapaz 2, Abolucion 0, Wong 0, Posadas 0, Martinez 0, Umlas 0, Santos 0.

Quarters: 22-12, 42-22, 70-41, 87-60.

BedanRoar
08-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Can Wilson play on Friday JRU vs CSJL?

christian
08-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Ano ba nangyari sa kanila ni david? I-aappeal daw nila yan dahil hindi sumuntok si Wilson.

danny
08-12-2008, 03:43 PM
JRU is a surprise this year.

Not really.

JRU was correctly predicted to perform this year especially among gamefacers. Actually the team was expected to reach the finals last year but failed.

I was more surprised by the "non-contact game" they did against San Beda. Compare that to last year's WWF. ;)

coachav
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Go Heavy Bombers!

Howard the Duck
08-13-2008, 11:19 PM
JRU can grab the #1 seed with a 14-point win vs. LC

mrard
08-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Haha,.my bad, 4 straight na pala sila when i posted last july..yung 2nd,3rd and 4th wins kasi napanood ko...:)

anyways, Wilson will play tomorrow. David of Benilde is suspended. A win tomorrow will boost their confidence more and momentum will be on their side when they clash with the defending champions again on the 22nd.:)

The_Big_Cat
08-15-2008, 06:03 PM
JRU beats Letran 76-72.

mrard
08-15-2008, 10:51 PM
This win definitely gave the momentum for the JRU Heavy Bombers. :) HOping they could extend their golden8 to 9 on the 22nd:)

Sam Miguel
08-15-2008, 11:48 PM
JRU came back from as any as 14 points down in the first half to edge Letran 76-72. Kojak Melegrito had six treys in the first half to help give the Knights a 39-26 lead. But JRU came alive with tighter defense and more patience on offense to grab the lead at 53-50 on a John Wilson trey. James Sena then scored the pivotal baskets from the low post including an off-balance throw in the last two minutes of play. Marvin Hayes came away with crucial baskets off high-low passes from Sena even as Mark Cagoco and Jay Bulangis masterfully orchestrated in the end-game.

ankle breaker
08-15-2008, 11:57 PM
ariel vanguardia's grin is up to his ears.

danny
08-16-2008, 03:25 AM
^^^

I don't think it's just a grin. I think he is really happy. Happiness brings out the positive humanity in everyone. That's good.

barurot
08-16-2008, 05:58 AM

anong gusto mong gawin ng tao?

malungkot???

may sayad ka yata eh! ;D

The_Big_Cat
08-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Don't forget they have an excellent "Defensive Coordinator" in Lito Vergara.* ;)
Credit half of the 8 wins by JRU to him as he has done wonders for this team.

Joescoundrel
08-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Letran may still be the best defensive team in the NCAA but JRU, especially in last night's game against the Knights, showed they can match the best of any team in the NCAA. JRU's defense kept Letran at bay for three of the last four minutes of the contest. Nigerian swingman John Njei made sure Boyet Melegrito and then Dino Daa would not get any of the good ones they got in the first half. Jay Bulangis, two inches shorter than RJ Jazul, forced Jazul into a mess of turnovers in the last period. James Sena and Jason Nocom held strong on the defensive boards even against the relentless Letran frontline.

Ariel Vanguardia's best coaching move this far has been to trust Lito Vergara completely to set up that JRU defense.

gameface_one
08-16-2008, 01:24 PM

anong gusto mong gawin ng tao?

malungkot???

may sayad ka yata eh! ;D

Hi barurot. Kindly refer to the rules in the Officials' table Forum about proper use of language. Refrain from repeating such remark.

Thanks.

oca
08-16-2008, 03:02 PM
As far as the Xs and Os are concerned, JRU is doing it right. Maganda ang progression ng team as the tournament moves from one play day to the next. Ang hindi ko gusto ay yaong "emotion" factor na naroon sa bawat laro nila. Pipigain mo ang mga bata niyan, such that they will have very little to give pagpasok ng F4.

Dont drain the kids.

christian
08-17-2008, 12:03 PM
They are peaking right now. I must agree, ang ganda ng pasok ni Lito Vergara sa kanila.

Good luck Heavy Bombers.

mrard
08-18-2008, 01:22 AM
The remaining games of the Heavy Bombers in the eliminations:

Aug 22, 2008 JRU vs. San Beda

Aug 27, 2008 JRU vs. San Sebastian

Sept 5, 2008 JRU vs. Mapua

All 3 are strong so expect the Heavy Bombers to give their very best when they battle their last 3 opponents most especially San Sebastian who gave them their 2nd loss in the 1st round of the eliminations. The Bombers believe that their last 3 opponents are tough but they believe they are tougher. :)

BedanRoar
08-18-2008, 06:39 PM
The remaining games of the Heavy Bombers in the eliminations:

Aug 22, 2008 JRU vs. San Beda

Aug 27, 2008 JRU vs. San Sebastian

Sept 5, 2008 JRU vs. Mapua

All 3 are strong so expect the Heavy Bombers to give their very best when they battle their last 3 opponents most especially San Sebastian who gave them their 2nd loss in the 1st round of the eliminations. The Bombers believe that their last 3 opponents are tough but they believe they are tougher. :)

Wow, a sweep to these remaining teams is certainly a confidence booster!

mrard
08-18-2008, 09:11 PM
^^ my bad. i forgot to include that JRU will also go up against PCU on Sept. 1:)

I guess we can also consider PCU as a tough opponent cosidering that we almost lost to PCU in the 1st round if James Sena's almost-buzzer-beater shot didn't go in.:)

Thank you for the good words BedanRoar. The match on friday is a must-see.:)

christian
08-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Exciting na ang mga remaining games!

BedanRoar
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Sana mapuno niyo and JRU side para masaya at buhay na buhay ang game. Half-day ba JRU?

mrard
08-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Exciting na po talaga ang last 4 games ng JRU.

Hindi naman po nagpapa-halfday ang JRU. May PE Classes lang talaga na required manood every game day.:)

Sana nga po mas madaming manood sa friday, mas napupump-up yung team to play pag malaki ang crowd support.:)

christian
08-19-2008, 04:54 PM
A little OT: May idea ka na ba dun sa African player nyo? stats etc.? ty in advance

LION
08-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Exciting na po talaga ang last 4 games ng JRU.

Hindi naman po nagpapa-halfday ang JRU. May PE Classes lang talaga na required manood every game day.:)

Sana nga po mas madaming manood sa friday, mas napupump-up yung team to play pag malaki ang crowd support.:)

Pano yun? Mga 3-4 hours ang mawawala sa mga bata dahil 2 hours ang game time at 2 hours ang travel time balikan so that's practically half-day.

mrard
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
A little OT: May idea ka na ba dun sa African player nyo? stats etc.? ty in advance

Hi. Sa stats, wala pa po akong masasagot ngayon pero nung nakita ko sya sa practice ng team B one time, he looks promising naman. Mabilis bumaba, ok din humawak ng bola in terms of dribbling and passing, pero kailangan pa mag-bulk up.

Yung sa high school students po, i'm not sure, pero yung sa college students na nanonood, excused po sila sa masasagasaan na classes pag required manood ng JRU game. Basta mapakita nila sa professor yung ticket(or nagpapaalam na yung students sa prof nila days before sila required manood) kaya sila nag-absent.

christian
08-20-2008, 01:03 PM

Hi. Sa stats, wala pa po akong masasagot ngayon pero nung nakita ko sya sa practice ng team B one time, he looks promising naman. Mabilis bumaba, ok din humawak ng bola in terms of dribbling and passing, pero kailangan pa mag-bulk up.

Yung sa high school students po, i'm not sure, pero yung sa college students na nanonood, excused po sila sa masasagasaan na classes pag required manood ng JRU game. Basta mapakita nila sa professor yung ticket(or nagpapaalam na yung students sa prof nila days before sila required manood) kaya sila nag-absent.

TY pare.

mrard
08-20-2008, 05:17 PM

TY pare.

No Problem. Actually, i believe Joe is also from Cameroon(same origin as Nchotu John).:)

christian
08-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Good luck tomorrow. Sana makabawi kami .

mrard
08-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Good luck tomorrow. Sana makabawi kami .

Good luck din po tomorrow. HOpefully, maka-2-0 kame sa inyo:)

The_Big_Cat
08-21-2008, 11:20 AM
mrard, sino yung mga matatangal next year sa current lineup ng Heavy Bombers?

Any good prospects from your Team B?
Thanks.

mrard
08-21-2008, 11:33 AM

Thanks.

Sir The_Big_Cat AFAIK, si Jayson Nocom and Maui Pradas po ang mga mawawala by next year.

From our Team B naman po, i believe mababalik ng team A si carlo lituania(supposedly kasi team a sha pero na-cut eh). manggagaling din po sa Team B yung 1 pang import since he's serving his residency na po ngayon. :)

The_Big_Cat
08-21-2008, 01:40 PM

Thanks.

Sir The_Big_Cat AFAIK, si Jayson Nocom and Maui Pradas po ang mga mawawala by next year.

From our Team B naman po, i believe mababalik ng team A si carlo lituania(supposedly kasi team a sha pero na-cut eh). manggagaling din po sa Team B yung 1 pang import since he's serving his residency na po ngayon. :)

Thanks.
Naalala ko si Pradas came from UE. Rookie year nila ni Marcy Arellano noong 2004.

christian
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM

Thanks.

Hehehe galit galit muna tayo :)

Si Cagoco ba hindi pa ga-graduate?

mrard
08-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Thanks.

Thanks.
Naalala ko si Pradas came from UE. Rookie year nila ni Marcy Arellano noong 2004.

Yup, kaya bawas na po yung playing years ni pradas when he came to JRU.:)

@ christian -- alam ko po may 1 year pa si Marc Cagoco with the team.:)

animo
08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
anong height ng import nyo sa team b?

christian
08-21-2008, 10:06 PM

Thanks.

Thanks.

Hehehe thanks pare. Wala muna pansinan!

nash_bedista
08-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Meron din kayo Galing UST, yung Baldua Point Guard ? ???

The_Big_Cat
08-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Great game by the Heavy Bombers.

Played excellent basketball in the first 15 minutes of the game. JRU lead after the first quarter 14-12 and made a strong start early 2nd quarter with a commanding 10 point lead at 25-15.

JRU shot the ball well today as Cagoco lead his team with 16 markers. Nocom had few brillliant plays with post moves against Sam Ekwe but his propensity to pick up silly fouls kept him on the bench in the 4th. Sena struggled with the defense of JR Taganas

mrard
08-22-2008, 09:17 PM
anong height ng import nyo sa team b?

around 6'5-6'6 po:)

mrard
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM

Thanks.

Thanks.

Hehehe thanks pare. Wala muna pansinan!

Congrats po sa Red Lions.

mrard
08-22-2008, 09:21 PM

alamin ko po sir. baka nasa team b po...

mrard
08-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Played excellent basketball in the first 15 minutes of the game. JRU lead after the first quarter 14-12 and made a strong start early 2nd quarter with a commanding 10 point lead at 25-15.

JRU shot the ball well today as Cagoco lead his team with 16 markers. Nocom had few brillliant plays with post moves against Sam Ekwe but his propensity to pick up silly fouls kept him on the bench in the 4th. Sena struggled with the defense of JR Taganas

Even with the loss today po, JRU remained at the #1 spot as shown in the standing flashed on the big screen right after the game.:) I really do hope the Bombers get 1 of the twice to beat advantage in the final 4:)

nash_bedista
08-22-2008, 09:25 PM
cge2x salamat mrard.. btw, intense ang crowd kanina between two teams..

mrard
08-22-2008, 09:37 PM
cge2x salamat mrard.. btw, intense ang crowd kanina between two teams..

no prob po nash_bedista....totoo po bang nagpa-half day ng classes ang san beda para makapanood students sa inyo? samen kasi, hindi, pero sort-of namigay ng tickets kaya madami din nakanood.

cub
08-22-2008, 10:02 PM

Even with the loss today po, JRU remained at the #1 spot as shown in the standing flashed on the big screen right after the game.:) I really do hope the Bombers get 1 of the twice to beat advantage in the final 4:)

i dont know kung pano nila inayos ung team standings pero kung gagamitin ang quotient system, dapat 1st ang San Beda. 1st rd 78-73 2nd rd 71-59. so +7 ang SBC niyan. pero matagal pa naman ang eliminations, many things could happen.

LION
08-23-2008, 12:00 AM
^Simple lang yan. Kaya nauna ang JRU dahil ang ginawa ng Mancom e alphabetical order. J tapos S. ::) Only in the NCAA. ::)

Regular Grey
08-23-2008, 01:27 AM
Mrard,

Ikaw lang ba talaga ang taga JRU dito sa Gameface? E bakit sa PEX o Inboundpass, andaming nag susulputang mga pasaway na mga Bombers??

I just hope dumami pa kayo dito. Para naman hindi nagmumukhang MRARD HEAVY BOMBER THREAD LANG ITO.

Sam Miguel
08-23-2008, 09:03 AM
JRU decided to play straight up basketball and succeeded for the first half. Every thing unraveled in the second half however as San Beda went to its size advantage and came away with the 71-59 win. Mark Cagoco, Jason Nocom and James Sena gave the Heavy Bombers a 25-15 lead midway through the first period. Then San Beda clamped down on defense and busted out on transition as Ogie Menor's and-1 play at the end of the first half gave the Red Lions a 27-25 lead. It was all downhill from there for the boys from Shaw Boulevard as Sam Ekwe got his jumpshot going, even as JR Taganas kept Sena quiet.

mrard
08-23-2008, 09:22 AM

i dont know kung pano nila inayos ung team standings pero kung gagamitin ang quotient system, dapat 1st ang San Beda. 1st rd 78-73 2nd rd 71-59. so +7 ang SBC niyan. pero matagal pa naman ang eliminations, many things could happen.

Honestly po, nagtaka din ako kasi nga mas malaki yung margin ng win ng RedLions kahapon kesa sa win ng Bombers nung 1st round. Oh well. :)

mrard
08-23-2008, 09:26 AM
^Simple lang yan. Kaya nauna ang JRU dahil ang ginawa ng Mancom e alphabetical order. J tapos S. ::) Only in the NCAA. ::)

Congratulations to the San San Beda Red Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

mrard
08-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Mrard,

Ikaw lang ba talaga ang taga JRU dito sa Gameface? E bakit sa PEX o Inboundpass, andaming nag susulputang mga pasaway na mga Bombers??

I just hope dumami pa kayo dito. Para naman hindi nagmumukhang MRARD HEAVY BOMBER THREAD LANG ITO.

Sir Regular Grey,

Hindi ko din po alam bakit ang tamad ng mga tao sa JRU na magpost sa forum. I'm also registered sa PEx pero kasi nga po, sabi nyo na nga, puro pasaway eh. At least dito, maayos and civilized ang mga nagpopost. May order at sinusunod ang posting guidelines.

I'll do my best to encourage other JRU students to start checking gameface po.

Thanks.

Regular Grey
08-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks padre. Sana nga mas masaya para maraming ka kwentuhan dito.

The_Big_Cat
08-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Halftime cheerdance ng JRU, a young lady mistimed her jump. Buti na lang nasalo siya.

mrard
08-23-2008, 10:25 AM

Sir, actually, girl po ako.:)

@ The_Big_Cat

oo nga po eh. :) hehe

The_Big_Cat
08-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Marvin Hayes is too small to play the power forward position. At 6'2", he is undersized.
If he wants to make a career out of playing basketball in the pros, he should convert himself to be a shooting forward like what Dino Daa of Letran is trying to do.

gelaibabydoll
08-23-2008, 02:20 PM

yay! dumadami na rin ang mga girls sa gameface! hehehe...

ridgemark
08-23-2008, 04:01 PM

@ The_Big_Cat

Aha! kaya pala ok ka kausap ;)

The_Big_Cat
08-23-2008, 04:52 PM
^Naks! May pahabol pa na kindat si ridgemark. ;D

christian
08-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Great game by both teams!

Pano ba yan mrard, nakabawi kami :)

Buti mabait ka... yan mga gusto ni Regular Grey... ;D

mrard
08-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Marvin Hayes is too small to play the power forward position. At 6'2", he is undersized.
If he wants to make a career out of playing basketball in the pros, he should convert himself to be a shooting forward like what Dino Daa of Letran is trying to do.

Makakarating po sir The_Big_Cat pero pabulong ko lang sasabihin,hehe.

mrard
08-24-2008, 01:19 AM

yay! dumadami na rin ang mga girls sa gameface! hehehe...

haha. kasi puro away sa PEx, nakakatamad magpost and magbasa. Dito peaceful. :)

thank you po pala sa lahat for being respectful dito sa heavy bombers' squadron:)

mrard
08-24-2008, 01:22 AM

@ The_Big_Cat

Aha! kaya pala ok ka kausap ;)

ngek, salamat po sa compliment.;) eh wala naman po kasi akong mapapala kung yung mga panlalait posts eh papatulan ko dito, don na lang yung mga pasaway na jru supporters kuno manggulo sa PEx, wag dito.:D

mrard
08-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Great game by both teams!

Pano ba yan mrard, nakabawi kami :)

Buti mabait ka... yan mga gusto ni Regular Grey... ;D

Hahaha! Hopefully sir hindi pa yon ang last na paghaharap ng jru and san beda..hehe finals perhaps? *keeping my fingers crossed* It's my final year at jru, sana bago ako maggraduate(after spending 7years in college!haha pero 4 lang sa jru) makita ko sila makapasok ng finals and eventually win the crown. Now pa po na i'm acquainted with majority of them.:)

lekiboy
08-24-2008, 04:17 AM
^Naks! May pahabol pa na kindat si ridgemark.* *;D

bwahahaha--- o, o, o, lady pala si mrard....

welcome to gameface, ma'am.

Regular Grey
08-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Welcome to Gameface Madam. Good luck sa remaining games ninyo.

mrard
08-25-2008, 12:34 AM
^Naks! May pahabol pa na kindat si ridgemark. ;D

bwahahaha--- o, o, o, lady pala si mrard....

welcome to gameface, ma'am.

Hehe..lady talaga, 23 nako eh.:) thanks po.

mrard
08-25-2008, 12:38 AM

sir, actually, matagal na po akong registered member dito, lurker lang talaga...pero nung nakilala ko yung team last month, tapos nakabond yung iba, naganahan magpost dito. actually po, yung pinapasabi po ni sir The_big_cat kay marvin hayes na magconvert nalang sha sa shooting forward kesa power forward, nasabi ko na po earlier.:) he's positive about it and ittry daw po nya.:)

mrard
08-25-2008, 12:48 AM

sir nash_bedista opo, meron pong nasa team B na baldua...pero ACL daw po ngayon eh according to lituania.:)

and oh, yung import po namen na nasa team B, around 6'6-6'7 po pala ang height.:)

The_Big_Cat
08-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Meron din kayo Galing UST, yung Baldua Point Guard ?* ???

sir nash_bedista opo, meron pong nasa team B na baldua...pero ACL daw po ngayon eh according to lituania.:)

and oh, yung import po namen na nasa team B, around 6'6-6'7 po pala ang height.:)

Is he eligible to play next year?
Sana makuha din ng Heavy Bombers si Keith Agovida next year.

mrard
08-25-2008, 01:18 PM

I think so po. He's playing na po as a part of Team B of JRU sa FMC.
Hopefully po, magstay si Keith Agovida.( Sana talaga wag mapirate)

christian
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Badua yata yan, from UST.

King_stag
08-25-2008, 10:02 PM

sir, actually, matagal na po akong registered member dito, lurker lang talaga...pero nung nakilala ko yung team last month, tapos nakabond yung iba, naganahan magpost dito. actually po, yung pinapasabi po ni sir The_big_cat kay marvin hayes na magconvert nalang sha sa shooting forward kesa power forward, nasabi ko na po earlier.:) he's positive about it and ittry daw po nya.:)

-Leave the husstle and dirty work to njei. this guy is a MAN not a kid ;D built like a rock.
Marvin hayes should move to the 2 or 3 spot. he's not that tall, he's around 6'2" and may tawad pa un ;D

mrard
08-25-2008, 11:37 PM

-Leave the husstle and dirty work to njei. this guy is a MAN not a kid ;D built like a rock.
Marvin hayes should move to the 2 or 3 spot. he's not that tall, he's around 6'2" and may tawad pa un ;D

hehe. King_stag, ganda ng game sa wed.:) sana makabawi na kami sa first round loss namen sa san sebastian.

King_stag
08-26-2008, 12:44 PM
I concur, it'l be a fun game to watch. Both teams are loaded with PBL vets :)

Regular Grey
08-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Pareho itong Larong Mama.

bchoter
08-26-2008, 05:11 PM

Malamang hindi mo makikita sa Team B ngayon si Hector Badua at nagpapagaling pa siya ng pilay niya. Ang makikita mong galing sa USt ay si Parala, may taas na 6'5" at ok ang pangangatawan. Magaling yang batang yan kung hindi lang nawala ang focus. Napabayaan ang basketball at pati ang pagaaral pero naka recover na siya sa pagaaral. Bago na diskaril ng kaunti dating paborito ng mga tiga IPEA yan dahil walang problema sa grades. Sana makabawi sa inyo.

mrard
08-26-2008, 09:23 PM

Malamang hindi mo makikita sa Team B ngayon si Hector Badua at nagpapagaling pa siya ng pilay niya. Ang makikita mong galing sa USt ay si Parala, may taas na 6'5" at ok ang pangangatawan. Magaling yang batang yan kung hindi lang nawala ang focus. Napabayaan ang basketball at pati ang pagaaral pero naka recover na siya sa pagaaral. Bago na diskaril ng kaunti dating paborito ng mga tiga IPEA yan dahil walang problema sa grades. Sana makabawi sa inyo.

pilay po ba? sabi sa akin ACL.....Sa saturday pa lang po ako makakanood ng FMC game ng jru team b. kikilalanin ko po ang mga nandon. :)

ganda ng game bukas, pero pass muna ako. thesis mode na po.:D

King_stag
08-26-2008, 09:26 PM
tsk. it's really a good game :(
nakakasira tlaga ng panonood ng basketball 'yang pag-aaral na yan ;D

mrard
08-26-2008, 09:38 PM
match na match yung game eh..:( too bad i've to content myself with the television. tapos imagine, 1st-3rd qtr mapapanood ko except for the 4th kasi 3:30 yung class ko..:(

hahaha! nakakasira talaga ng pagnood ng basketball ang pagaaral..same with nakakasira ng tropa ang pagpasok sa klase..;)

I ran into Bulangis and Wilson today at school, and they are positive naman about the game tomorrow....hopefully, they'll win. so king_stag galit-galit muna bukas ha, 2-4pm lang..hehe

rockstar
08-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Mrard,

another rizalian here.. ü

mrard
08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Mrard,

another rizalian here.. ü

welcome rockstar!:)

nash_bedista
08-27-2008, 12:30 PM

Parang JR Cawaling ng FEU ang ginawa ng JRU ngayon. HIghschool palang pero kasali na sa Team B ng Heavy Bombers..

mrard
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM

Parang JR Cawaling ng FEU ang ginawa ng JRU ngayon. HIghschool palang pero kasali na sa Team B ng Heavy Bombers..

Sir, yung nasa Team B po na nirerefer ko, yung import po next year hindi po si Keith Agovida.:)

nash_bedista
08-27-2008, 01:00 PM
ahh .. :D kla ko kasi si Keith yung tinukoy nyo po mam.. ;D Peace

mrard
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM

:Dsorry din po sa confusion..:D di ko napaghiwalay yung 2 statement..:)

gwaps
08-27-2008, 07:02 PM
ahh .. :D kla ko kasi si Keith yung tinukoy nyo po mam..* ;D Peace

And ang alam ko bawal maglaro sa kahit saang league ang isang player ng NCAA kapag ongoing ang season.* Lagot sa Mancom yun.

Bakuran nyo na yang si Agovida habang maaga pa.* Sayang yan!* ;D

mrard
08-27-2008, 09:00 PM

And ang alam ko bawal maglaro sa kahit saang league ang isang player ng NCAA kapag ongoing ang season. Lagot sa Mancom yun.

Bakuran nyo na yang si Agovida habang maaga pa. Sayang yan! ;D

hehe. di pa din naman po ako sure if he's playing sa fmc kasi this saturday pa lang ako makakanood. pero 1 thing i'm certain, nagttraining sha sa team B.:D

ehhh....kahit bakuran or harangan naman po ng sibat, kung gugustuhin nung bata umalis, desisyon po nya yon di ba?:)

King_stag
08-27-2008, 09:02 PM
ahh .. :D kla ko kasi si Keith yung tinukoy nyo po mam..* ;D Peace

And ang alam ko bawal maglaro sa kahit saang league ang isang player ng NCAA kapag ongoing ang season.* Lagot sa Mancom yun.

Bakuran nyo na yang si Agovida habang maaga pa.* Sayang yan!* ;D

hehe. di pa din naman po ako sure if he's playing sa fmc kasi this saturday pa lang ako makakanood. pero 1 thing i'm certain, nagttraining sha sa team B.:D

ehhh....kahit bakuran or harangan naman po ng sibat, kung gugustuhin nung bata umalis, desisyon po nya yon di ba?:)

Exactly. Si ryan nga may bakod na may kadena pa ;)

mrard
08-27-2008, 09:08 PM

And ang alam ko bawal maglaro sa kahit saang league ang isang player ng NCAA kapag ongoing ang season. Lagot sa Mancom yun.

Bakuran nyo na yang si Agovida habang maaga pa. Sayang yan! ;D

Exactly. Si ryan nga may bakod na may kadena pa ;)

wala ng kawala yan king_stag, hehe parang kinulong na eh.

King_stag
08-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh he did, he's now with ateneo. It's his own choice ;D
still, the community supports him.

mrard
08-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Oh he did, he's now with ateneo. It's his own choice ;D
still, the community supports him.

Ahh.,that's ryan buenafe pala na you're talking about..hehe ryan lang kasi yung sa previous post mo...that's good that your community still supports him. He's making waves now sa uaap, and i'm pretty sure the san sebastian community is so proud of him.

on the other hand, because of our new gym and the addition of coach lito vergara, i do hope some of the light bombers would think twice about transferring. Since the arrival of Coach Vanguardia at JRU, he has done wonders with regards to the team through the years.

When i entered JRU in 2005, the head tactician that time was still Coach Calilan and i must admit, he is sooooo different from coach vanguardia. I guess factor nadin yung mas bata si Coach Ariel kesa Coach Chris so mas nakakjive and nakaka-get along ng Bombers.

Ayun. nagsentimiyento lang po.:)

BedanRoar
08-28-2008, 09:19 AM
JRU has to review their Plays again. The "Live or Die with the 3pt shot" game plan is taking it's negative toll in the final crucial stretch of the season.

franz_inwurdz
08-28-2008, 10:30 AM

Agovida training in JRU seniors team b? Meaning scrimmages? Would he be wearing his rubber shoes, during this scrimmages? ;D

mrard
08-28-2008, 10:41 AM

Agovida training in JRU seniors team b? Meaning scrimmages? Would he be wearing his rubber shoes, during this scrimmages? ;D

Sir, i was referring to the import next year, training in team B, not agovida..;)

mrard
08-28-2008, 10:43 AM
JRU has to review their Plays again. The "Live or Die with the 3pt shot" game plan is taking it's negative toll in the final crucial stretch of the season.

True. For today, they're just gonna have a run through and shooting lang daw so light lang practice today. :)

franz_inwurdz
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM

Sir, i was referring to the import next year, training in team B, not agovida..;)

Had to read previous post. sorry about that. ako na wow-mali dun. ;D