PDA

View Full Version : Eliminations Second Round Game 13: Ateneo

bigfreeze_bibby
09-03-2007, 08:42 AM
The highly awaited rematch against the Blue Eagles will take place this Sunday, September 9 and what's at stake here is the twice to beat advantage for the 2nd spot entering the playoffs. I am expecting more than war this time around due to the criticality of the game for both squads. What do you think are the keys to success for the Green Archers in this game?

flsfnoeraekadad
09-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Jai Reyes' penetration has to be stopped. He looked like Moses running around in the parted Red Sea in the first game.

LightningMan
09-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Confidence of Ateneo is up coming into this game. They beat FEU, UST. DLSU should crash the boards, perimeter shooters should connect and tough defense on Arao and the Ateneo guards.

shyboy
09-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Jai Reyes' penetration has to be stopped. He looked like Moses running around in the parted Red Sea in the first game.

I'm sure Franz will not allow this to happen again. Taga na yan sa bato.

ewe_rach
09-03-2007, 02:42 PM
-rico should continue to step up. im glad that he's out of those foul troubles from the 1st round. he's a good match against arao.
-jvee should also put on his A+ game. i hope he'll be the monster scorer that he is this sunday.

flsfnoeraekadad
09-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Kailangan malaglag din ang mga three point shots natin dahil yun yung isa sa mga aspect na wala sa first game. Three point shooting save for Jvee was lethargic.

shyboy
09-03-2007, 09:44 PM
ANIMO LA SALLE!!! BEAT ATENEO!!!

mltan
09-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Kailangan malaglag din ang mga three point shots natin dahil yun yung isa sa mga aspect na wala sa first game. Three point shooting save for Jvee was lethargic.

you mean Jvee's 1-7 3pt stat was not lethargic?

the whole team shot 2-21. Rico was the only one who hit at a better percentage... 1-1

flsfnoeraekadad
09-03-2007, 09:57 PM

you mean Jvee's 1-7 3pt stat was not lethargic?

the whole team shot 2-21. Rico was the only one who hit at a better percentage... 1-1
Oh sorry I did not see that stat. I got to review my stats. I thought he was also hitting threes in that fourth quarter where he just exploded.

But still the bottom line is that the team has to hit three point shots.

espnfanatic
09-04-2007, 02:59 AM
La Salle hopefullly can disrupt the Ateneo's penetration and passing to low post players, like Arao. They need to go man to man against their accurate shooters expecially Tiu. Long and Esqueta can also be deadly from the outside. Jaii Reyes has to be controlled. He is small but I think the key to their offense. He makes good passes and keeps their tempo up. He also penetrates well. We need to keep the ball out of Arao's hands at the low post. On the offensive side, they need to help each other by passing to the open man. No turnovers please and group rebounding and smart shot selection. Hopefully Malabes, Barua and Atkins can be used to the max.

flsfnoeraekadad
09-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Simon Atkins must guard Jai Reyes. PUHLEASE.

batangueño
09-04-2007, 10:29 AM
The Archers have to find a way to contain the Eagles' bigs (Arao, Al-Hussaini, Nkemakolam and Baclao) and shooters-guards (Tiu, Reyes, Salamat, Laterre, Long and, lately, Escueta). It is time to avenge the first round loss. ;)

GHRanger
09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
^ Basically, that's the whole Eagle bench you put in there. :D
For this game: Play good straight up team defense. Make the freethrows. Pass and select high percentage shots. Hustle, and most of all -- Focus (We had the chance to take the game in the dying seconds of regulation the last time.)

cub
09-04-2007, 07:50 PM
James Mangahas should be consistent all game long. kahit 4 points every quarter lang, ok na. :) basta may suporta kay Casio at Rico.

flsfnoeraekadad
09-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Latest ticket price: Upper A for Php 1200. Price base is dun sa mga lurking scalpers sa Mcdo malapit sa South Gate. ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
09-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Latest ticket price: Upper A for Php 1200. Price base is dun sa mga lurking scalpers sa Mcdo malapit sa South Gate. ;D

How about in Ateneo? Mas mura kaya benta ng scalpers sa kanila? Hehe. ;D

batangueño
09-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Naku! Oo nga pala. Umpisa na ng paglago ng business nina... Oooopppssss... :P ;D

I hope the Archers will get back on the Eagles on Sunday. This game will be crucial because the twice-to-beat advantage in favor of La Salle will be on the line. We lose this game to Ateneo and our twice-to-beat advantage would burst like a bubble. :o

espnfanatic
09-06-2007, 03:21 AM
ONE MORE THING. MINIMIZE STUPID FOULS, ESPECIALLY RICO,FERDINAND.

flsfnoeraekadad
09-06-2007, 08:56 AM
ONE MORE THING. MINIMIZE STUPID FOULS, ESPECIALLY RICO,FERDINAND.
Tama. Wag sila masyadong talon ng talon. Kung nakatayo nga lang sila at nakataas ang kamay eh natatawagan na sila ng fouls, how much more pag sinabayan nila yung player. ::)

dips15
09-07-2007, 10:14 AM
This is slightly off-topic. I have 2 la salle side patron tickets. I am looking for anyone to willing to swap with ateneo side patron tickets.

Thanks.

GHRanger
09-07-2007, 11:08 AM
^ Some people in ArcherPride.com are looking to swap their tickets as well. You might want to check there.

batangueño
09-09-2007, 01:30 AM
This is it. Mamaya na ito! ;D

batangueño
09-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Ateneo Blue Eagles def. De La Salle Green Archers, 89-87.

Classic ball game today. An almost evenly matched Ateneo and La Salle fought right infront of 15,000 people gathered inside the Araneta Coliseum. Everyone gathered inside the Big Dome were at their feet, feeling the excitement as to which between the Eagles and the Archers would win the ball game. Eventually, it was Chris Tiu's three-pointer in the dying seconds of the game which won the game for Ateneo.

Well anyway, what else can I say about the Ateneo Blue Eagles? They simply played in this game all-out. Kudos to the enormous effort placed by Chris Tiu, Yuri Escueta, Ford Arao and Nonoy Baclao. These four guys carried the bulk of Ateneo's campaign in the 40 minutes that they played. However, I should say though that I was more impressed with Escueta than the rest of the Eagles.

As for my team, the De La Salle Green Archers, all in all, I can say that we still played good basketball today despite having a horrible start and a failure to sustain things towards the end game. Rico Maierhofer, TY T@ng, Bader Malabes and Brian Ilad played very well. If there was one thing I really... well... hated to see in the team today, that would be a surprisingly "weak" JV Casio playing today, with his outside shooting virtually zero and very late timing to be lit up.

All in all, it was a great game and Ateneo clearly won it. Congratulations to the Ateneo Blue Eagles! See you guys next year. :)

james_ty
09-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Ateneo Blue Eagles def. De La Salle Green Archers, 89-87.

Classic ball game today. An almost evenly matched Ateneo and La Salle fought right infront of 15,000 people gathered inside the Araneta Coliseum. Everyone gathered inside the Big Dome were at their feet, feeling the excitement as to which between the Eagles and the Archers would win the ball game. Eventually, it was Chris Tiu's three-pointer in the dying seconds of the game which won the game for Ateneo.

Well anyway, what else can I say about the Ateneo Blue Eagles? They simply played in this game all-out. Kudos to the enormous effort placed by Chris Tiu, Yuri Escueta, Ford Arao and Nonoy Baclao. These four guys carried the bulk of Ateneo's campaign in the 40 minutes that they played. However, I should say though that I was more impressed with Escueta than the rest of the Eagles.

As for my team, the De La Salle Green Archers, all in all, I can say that we still played good basketball today despite having a horrible start and a failure to sustain things towards the end game. Rico Maierhofer, TY T@ng, Bader Malabes and Brian Ilad played very well. If there was one thing I really... well... hated to see in the team today, that would be a surprisingly "weak" JV Casio playing today, with his outside shooting virtually zero and very late timing to be lit up.

All in all, it was a great game and Ateneo clearly won it. Congratulations to the Ateneo Blue Eagles! See you guys next year. :)

AGREE!!!

By the way, Jaymee Joaquin of Games Uplate on ABS-CBN was there at the game. She was sexy in shorts and green top.
Too bad La Salle lost!

jkad
09-09-2007, 08:58 PM

It ain't over yet. We will in most likelihood meet at least one more time this year.

batangueño
09-09-2007, 09:29 PM
It ain't over yet.* We will in most likelihood meet at least one more time this year.

My bad. It was supposed to be "See you guys in next year's eliminations." ;D

se7en
09-09-2007, 10:28 PM
the shot of rico was clearly not counted but i saw the referee at the baseline signal for a foul? so why is there no freethrows? was the foul committed after the time expired? pls enlighten me

flsfnoeraekadad
09-09-2007, 11:05 PM
the shot of rico was clearly not counted but i saw the referee at the baseline signal for a foul? so why is there no freethrows? was the foul committed after the time expired? pls enlighten me
Simple. The time expired na kaya wala na ding foul. The ref was about to call one.

flsfnoeraekadad
09-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Ateneo just played a brilliant game. They matched what we offered that game. Yung mga tres nila stroke pa lang alam mo nang papasok kahit saang section ka ng Araneta umupo eh. Yung bigs nila especially Arao and Nkemakolam pag dinala mo sa freethrow line eh 2 points na. Well executed din yung press breaks nila saka yung killer na 1-4 play. Na-check nga si Jai pero iba naman ang nag-take place sa kanya. Dalawa pa in the persons of Salamat and Escueta.

Hats off to them. Just a brilliant game for Ateneo. We both know the two teams are peaking but something had to give that game.

It hurts to lose pero let's all move on. We still have a taller order to try to accomplish. UE PA!

se7en
09-09-2007, 11:48 PM
well, game over,
I just hope you beat UE, for a chance at the 2 spot, and i don't want them to sweep the elims too.

ANIMO!!!

se7en
09-09-2007, 11:50 PM
former red cubs decided the outcome of the game..

good games from Arao and Escueta, while Casio was a no show...