PDA

View Full Version : where to download sports classics

yungha
08-29-2007, 10:25 PM
any idea where we can download basketball and other sports classics for free? at torrentspy i was able to download a torrent for a 1990 ncaa tournament game between jim jackson's ohio state vs the legendary unlv runnin' rebels of augmon, johnson, greg anthony and anderson hunt. i got the torrent but there weren't any peers so i wasn't able to download the game.

it would be interesting to be able to download classic games like laettner's jumper that beat kentucky in 92, duke's upset of unlv in 91, games from ewing's hoya paranoia in the early 80s, games when tark's rebels were blowing opponents away by 30, the fab 5 era, the original dream team, soviet union's upset of team USA in 88, etc.

for non-basketball classics, it would be awesome to once again witness michael chang's french open upset of ivan lendl in 87 or 88, barrera's annihilation of naseem hamed, argentina's world cup win in 86 and france's in 94, etc.

if anyone knows of any good websites where we can download, for free or otherwise, please share.

thanks!

WampumTribe
08-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't know about websites, but the Marcos-era channel 4 was known as a sports channel. One of their programs Milo's Golden Moments featured classic sporting achievements and legends. Though the footages are just clips, they were still worth watching. Maybe the present PTV 4 can make their archives available to the public.

Aside from "Milo's Golden Moments," the station ran other sports documentaries. Among the stories I remember are: The Miracle Mets; Notre Dame's Four Horsemen; Nadia Comaneci's perfect 10s; Johnny Most's "Havlicek stole the ball! Havlicek stole the ball!"; the US hockey team's Miracle on Ice; Bob Beamon's record jump; the Black Panther Salute; Roger Bannister's 4-minute mile; and the African Olympic marathon runner who refused to quit, crossing the finish line on a dislocated knee hours after the medals had been awarded, and getting a rousing standing ovation from the crowd that was building up for the closing ceremony.