PDA

View Full Version : Eliminations Second Round Game 11: UP

batangueño
08-25-2007, 07:28 PM
La Salle def. UP, 89-61.

I know that from the very beginning, the game would be total mismatch in favor of the De La Salle Green Archers. I know that my other team, the UP Fighting Maroons, given the circumstances that they are into nowadays, would have a very slim chance to win over the Archers. It is really painful for me to see one of my two teams in the UAAP lose in this match-up but that is the reality of the game of basketball- one will have win while the other have to lose and hope for the best next time.

Well anyway, going back to this game, Brian Ilad... Brian Ilad... Brian Ilad. Need to say more? This guy was a revelation in today's ball game. Who would imagine that this offensive liability would score 18 points in today? Oh well, being matched with undersized UP really helped Brian to show off his stuff and contribute greatly for La Salle.

Commendations too for JV Casio and PJ Walsham for playing great basketball. Hands off to them.

As for UP, I know how bad they played in today's ball game but I have to commend how good the Zobel boys (Migs De Asis and Martin Reyes) and Mike Gamboa played in this particular ball game. With Woody Co bowing out of the game due to foul trouble, these three guys held UP's campaign against the onslaught of the Archers.

Lastly, this is one of the best UAAP days I ever had. For the first time, I saw the Zobel boys sing the Alma Mater Hymn while facing the DLSU gallery. Great act by Migs and Martin, who, just like me, share the proud heritages of the University of the Philippines and De La Salle University.

ewe_rach
08-25-2007, 09:21 PM
^ my hats off to the zobel boys and the rest of the true "fighting" maroons!
at least UP tried to play and tried to win even if they are well aware that they are out of the final four or the elims.
unlike AdU na parang walang gana at nagpatalo nalang basta.

next time UP! kaya niyo pa yan! mahaba pa ang taon niyo sa uaap.

Great game archers!!! tuluy-tuloy na yan!!!