PDA

View Full Version : Pro Players and where they came from

Howard the Duck
08-19-2007, 11:05 PM
this should be easy ;D

can anyone supply me the colleges of these people?
Jack Tanuan
Peter Jao
Noli Locsin
Sonny Alvarado

thanks ;D

Bennie Bangag
08-20-2007, 05:00 AM
wrong thread, howard.

Howard the Duck
08-20-2007, 10:05 AM
then do either of the following:
- post it where appropriate
- answer the damned question

Sam Miguel
08-20-2007, 10:10 AM
this should be easy ;D

Jack Tanuan
Peter Jao
Noli Locsin
Sonny Alvarado

thanks ;D

I'll answer the damned questions then. ;D

Jack Tanuan is from FEU.
Noli Locsin is from Lasalle.
Sonny Alvarado is from the University of Texas (is this the Longhorns? if it ain't then I got the wrong Texas school)
Peter Jao, I cannot recall, but I think its also FEU.

Howard the Duck
08-20-2007, 10:13 AM
this should be easy ;D

Jack Tanuan
Peter Jao
Noli Locsin
Sonny Alvarado

thanks ;D

Jack Tanuan is from FEU.
Sonny Alvarado is from the University of Texas (is this the Longhorns? if it ain't then I got the wrong Texas school)

marami pong salamat :)

AnthonyServinio
08-21-2007, 01:04 AM
this should be easy ;D

Jack Tanuan
Peter Jao
Noli Locsin
Sonny Alvarado

thanks ;D

Jack Tanuan is from FEU.

* * *Peter Jao is from the University of San Jose-Recoletos in Cebu City.

Ghostrider
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
I think Noli Locsin is from CSB.

If memory serves me correct, DLSU forfeited several games in which he played in the UAAP because of this. I think DLSU was quite liberal during those days of "drafting" outstanding players from CDD to play for DLSU main. I'm not sure, but scuttlebutt has it that prominent members of the DLSU champion teams have CSB diplomas. The practice was stopped when the labor union of DLSU main demanded that employees of CDD be deemed members of the Union by virtue of the "closed shop" agreement in their CBA.

DLSU main responded by invoking the so-called seperate juridical entity of CDD (seperate location, different members of Board of Trustees). In a nutshell, the Supreme Court agreed and thus, CSB was formally born.

Di ako sigurado so please correct me if I'm misinformed.

Jack Tanuan, I think was a transferree from Trinity College. When Trinity left the NCAA, he moved to FEU.

AnthonyServinio
08-22-2007, 12:41 AM
I think Noli Locsin is from CSB.

If memory serves me correct, DLSU forfeited several games in which he played in the UAAP because of this.* I think DLSU was quite liberal during those days of "drafting" outstanding players from CDD to play for DLSU main.* I'm not sure, but scuttlebutt has it that prominent members of the DLSU champion teams* have CSB diplomas. The practice was stopped when the labor union of DLSU main demanded that employees of CDD be deemed members of the Union by virtue of the "closed shop" agreement in their CBA.

DLSU main responded by invoking the so-called seperate juridical entity of CDD (seperate location, different members of Board of Trustees).* In a nutshell, the Supreme Court agreed and thus, CSB was formally born.
* * *Actually, Luis "Noli" Locsin was deemed ineligible after it was found out that he played in a Negros Basketball Association (NBA) tournament in Bacolod City in December of 1989 during his residency year after transferring from a provincial college.* UAAP rules stipulate that a player undergoing residency must not see action in outside leagues while doing so.

salsa caballero
08-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Yes, but didn't he at least matriculate at CSB as Ghostrider pointed out?

pio_valenz
08-22-2007, 03:35 PM
^Yes, I believe he did, along with Johnedel Cardel and Jun Limpot. CSB was still considered part of DLSU-Taft back then. Of course our resident La Sallians are free to correct me.

Lucas Palaka
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I think they were enrolled in CSB while playing for the Green Archers. Others who followed suit were Adi Papa, Jonas Mariano, and Bonel Balingit.