PDA

View Full Version : Dear Gameface Team

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

altru_13
03-18-2006, 01:59 PM
i just want to thank all the people behind this web site.... im an avid supporter of amateur basketball here in our country.. im glad that through this website i would be able to gain more insights about Philippine amateur basketball.. im residing here in Tarlac where amateur tournaments come as rare as lunar eclipse. i just hope that collegiate tournaments at the regional or even national levels would be held here in the province in the near future... thank you guys for giving me something worthwhile to do with my computer every now and then... GOdspeed and Keep up the good work guys.

gameface_one
03-18-2006, 02:06 PM
i just want to thank all the people behind this web site.... im an avid supporter of amateur basketball here in our country.. im glad that through this website i would be able to gain more insights about Philippine amateur basketball.. im residing here in Tarlac where amateur tournaments come as rare as lunar eclipse. i just hope that collegiate tournaments at the regional or even national levels would be held here in the province in the near future... thank you guys for giving me something worthwhile to do with my computer every now and then... GOdspeed and Keep up the good work guys.

Thank you for your comment altru_13 and welcome to Gameface.ph.

Do share with us your thoughts and insights anything about Philippine Amateur Hoops. Should you have any info regarding any basketball tournament, feel free to post game info here in our forums.

Enjoy.

full battle gear
03-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Post your comments, suggestions, feedback, objections, complains here.

Let the Gameface Team know what you think!

bchoter
03-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Dear Game Face Team,

Is your server time an hour late?* At least that's what I see from my posts' time stamp. :D

R/bchoter

PS: While editing this post the time on my clock reads 12:17 PM

full battle gear
03-22-2006, 04:25 PM
I've merged the "thank you guys"thread of altru_13 to this one.

bchoter, you're right. Will see what we can do about that. In the meantime, don't set your watch to the time here on Gameface. ;D

bchoter
03-22-2006, 04:27 PM
^ Too much. Too much time on my hand :D

MargaretThrasher
03-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Hey, it looks like the forum clock has been set to the correct timezone :) Thanks admins!

arf_arf
03-26-2006, 10:30 AM
aside from MMTLBA, pleae join other Fil-Chi Amature Basketball Leagues like MASA and the FCAAF leagues. Thanks! *:)

gameface_one
03-26-2006, 10:32 PM
aside from MMTLBA, pleae join other Fil-Chi Amature Basketball Leagues like MASA and the FCAAF leagues. Thanks! *:)

Thank you for your suggestion. If you have the contact persons for this, kindly forward them to me asap.

Thanks.

atenean_blooded
03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Dear everyone:

Can we please stop arguing and talking to ourselves?

Or at least argue with ourselves using different writing styles?

Nagmamahal,

atenean_blooded

tambay_sa_recto
03-30-2006, 01:25 AM
Dear everyone:

Can we please stop arguing and talking to ourselves?

Or at least argue with ourselves using different writing styles?

Nagmamahal,

atenean_blooded

Mga kasama, ano ba naman ito? Nagbakasyon lang ako, tapos dadatnan ko kayong nakikipag-usap na sa mga sarili ninyo. Mahiya naman tayo sa mga henyong Atenistang nagtiyatiyagang makihalubilu sa mga gusgusing taong-kalye na katulad natin habang ang Atenista.net nila ay "down" pa ang forums. O, sabay-sabay... isa... dalawa... tatlo... IPAGPAUMANHIN PO NINYO NA HINDI PO NAMIN KAYANG ITAGO SA PAMAMAGITAN NG PAGBAGO NG PARAAN NG PAGSULAT NA KAMI AY NAKIKIPAGTALO LAMANG PALA SA AMING MGA SARILI. At taus-puso akong nanawagan na huwag kayong aalis ng gameface.ph kahit gawa na ang Atenista.net dahil, ika nga ng isa sa inyo, masyadong magiging matarik ang pagbagsak ng "average IQ" dito.

full battle gear
03-30-2006, 12:47 PM
tambay_sa_recto,

Everyone is welcome in this forum. It doesn't matter if their forums are down or not. Find a way to post your opinions without resorting to flame-bait statements. If your posts are meant to discredit any particular school or group of people, take it somewhere else.

LION
03-30-2006, 03:40 PM
^Full Battle Gear,

Maybe we should ask atenean_blooded to explain his post. Medyo hindi kasi klaro kung ano ang gusto niyang sabihin.

Maybe we should also ask tambay_sa_recto to clarify his post. Baka naman wala siyang malisya dun sa mga sinabi niya. Let us give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

In any case, sana magkaroon ito ng magandang ending.

full battle gear
03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
^Full Battle Gear,

Maybe we should ask atenean_blooded to explain his post. Medyo hindi kasi klaro kung ano ang gusto niyang sabihin.

Maybe we should also ask tambay_sa_recto to clarify his post. Baka naman wala siyang malisya dun sa mga sinabi niya. Let us give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

In any case, sana magkaroon ito ng magandang ending.

I understood what both of them meant. No further explanations are necessary. They've both said their piece. That's enough.

I am giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.

LION
03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Ok. Just wanna help settle this. If that is your response, so be it.

5FootCarrot
03-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

It seems that it's possible to create as many forums as you want, so the number of forums isn't really a problem cost-/bandwith-/whatever-wise, but what do you think of merging this forum with the "Officials Table" forum? This way, The Officials Table becomes the focus for forum admin matters - besides being the place where the forum rules are posted, it will also be where we members can approach you guys with our questions/concerns.

Just a suggestion. :)

gameface_one
03-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Hmmm... ok. will do that. Thanks for the good suggestion. :)

5FootCarrot
04-04-2006, 11:03 AM
(Aw, shucks :D)

Dear Gameface Team,

Is it just me or is the forum clock an hour advanced? Naka-automatic Daylight Savings Time ba yung message board or something?

Signed,
A Curious Carrot

EDITED TO ADD: Never mind, the clock seems to be running normally again. :) Curiouser and curiouser...

Howard the Duck
04-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

I was just wondering, pwede bang gawing alphabetical arrangement ang mga forums? Nakakalito kasing hanapin eh.

Signed, Howard the Duck

toti_mendiola
04-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Dear GameFace Team,

Tutal malapit na rin lang naman ang collegiate basketball season eh me balak ba kayong mamahagi ng Gameface.ph na mga t-shirts for giveaways o di kaya ay mag tinda na me logo ng gameface pero color coded para sa mga respective school colors kasama na rin ang seal ng bawat colegio?
pwede niyo rin itong ituring na marketing.

nagbabasakali pero hindi naman masyadong umaasa. (pa pity effect gaya ng ibang feeling inaapi)

toti_mendiola

gameface_one
04-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Dear GameFace Team,

Tutal malapit na rin lang naman ang collegiate basketball season eh me balak ba kayong mamahagi ng Gameface.ph na mga t-shirts for giveaways o di kaya ay mag tinda na me logo ng gameface pero color coded para sa mga respective school colors kasama na rin ang seal ng bawat colegio?
pwede niyo rin itong ituring na marketing.

nagbabasakali pero hindi naman masyadong umaasa. (pa pity effect gaya ng ibang feeling inaapi)

toti_mendiola

Thank you toti_mendiola for this. If you noticed in the Homepage (which is still being upgraded), we are already allotting a space for The Gameface On-line Store which is expected to open soon. We are planning to sell some stuffs there but the same are still subject for the final approval and consideration of Management. Should you be interested to retail them in your respective schools or stores, feel free to PM me. We could probably have some special arrangements.

true.blue
05-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Congratulations gameface for putting up such a great site. You were sensitive enough to smell a market need - a forum for basketball nuts to gather, without having to put up with the endless school bashing or bandwidth wasting fan gibberish.

To give honor where honor is due, may I know who the founders of gameface are? Not necessarily the real names, but maybe their usernames? their school affiliations? the story of how this idea came up and how the group got together? who were the first posters?

gameface_one
05-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Congratulations gameface for putting up such a great site.* You were sensitive enough to smell a market need - a forum for basketball nuts to gather, without having to put up with the endless school bashing or bandwidth wasting fan gibberish.

To give honor where honor is due, may I know who the founders of gameface are?* Not necessarily the real names, but maybe their usernames?* their school affiliations?* the story of how this idea came up and how the group got together?* who were the first posters?

Thanks true.blue for the post. Read the article of Bill Velasco in the Philippine Star entitled "The Face of the Game" which was published last March 13, 2006. A copy of the column is still posted on our Homepage under the Gameface Featured Article section.

onthebluecorner
05-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Sir,

How come that other schools have their own moderators and we don't?

how can we have our own mod? Also, how can we put a description for our subforum?

Respectfully,

Letranista

gameface_one
05-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Sir,

How come that other schools have their own moderators and we don't?

how can we have our own mod? Also, how can we put a description for our subforum?

Respectfully,

Letranista

We are carefully looking for mods who can meet certain qualifications. We have some candidates for the Knights' forum but we are still looking for others who might have the desire and skill to become one. If you have some candidates in mind, kindly PM them to me asap. We will have someone evaluate him.

Should you have some forum description in mind, kindly PM it also to us so that we could assess if the same can be posted as a forum description.

Thanks.

AnthonyServinio
07-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I just noticed that it's only four days into July and already the site has just accepted 103 new members! That's already a record for most members within a calendar month and probably a record for any given four-day span.

Kudos for the sudden surge in membership.

gameface_one
07-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I just noticed that it's only four days into July and already the site has just accepted 103 new members!* That's already a record for most members within a calendar month and probably a record for any given four-day span.

Thank you Anthony. The dramatic increase is actually expected when we required everybody to register effective last Monday. Isn't it interesting that we at least can deduce the characters and personalities of the guests through their registered nick names? :)

Stand by for the "New Face" of Gameface.ph.........

LION
07-05-2006, 11:46 AM
That is pretty clever. :) The timing is also perfect because b.com has been down for more than 2 days now. The Bedan population here is indeed growing.

MargaretThrasher
07-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

What do you think of having the blow-by-blow topics in the hardcore leagues forums instead of the hardcore squads forums, e.g., put blow-by-blows of the upcoming NCAA/UAAP games (the non-televised ones, pleeeease!) in the UAAP forum? I know you guys want to encourage people to use the school forums, but the league forums could be put to more use, too.

Oh, I don't know. Naisip ko lang. :)

5FootCarrot
07-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

missus_personality is wondering how she can recover her lost password. Help? ???

EDIT: Thanks, admins, for the quick response to my query. I'll pass on the info to MP :)

gameface_one
07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

What do you think of having the blow-by-blow topics in the hardcore leagues forums instead of the hardcore squads forums, e.g., put blow-by-blows of the upcoming NCAA/UAAP games (the non-televised ones, pleeeease!) in the UAAP forum? I know you guys want to encourage people to use the school forums, but the league forums could be put to more use, too.

Oh, I don't know. Naisip ko lang. :)

Puede, problem is we want to encourage the members from each school do do it on their own.

KuyaNiAtabug
07-31-2006, 09:22 PM

Do share with us your thoughts and insights anything about Philippine Amateur Hoops. Should you have any info regarding any basketball tournament, feel free to post game info here in our forums.*

Enjoy.

Dear Game Face 1:

I am glad to be finally a part of this. Great website. You've come a long way. Nice seeing you in SF a couple of years ago. Talk to you soon. More power.

gameface_one
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM

Do share with us your thoughts and insights anything about Philippine Amateur Hoops. Should you have any info regarding any basketball tournament, feel free to post game info here in our forums.*

Enjoy.

Dear Game Face 1:

I am glad to be finally a part of this. Great website. You've come a long way. Nice seeing you in SF a couple of years ago. Talk to you soon. More power.

Thank you. Pls do advise us on where we can still make some improvements.

AnthonyServinio
08-01-2006, 12:37 AM
I just noticed that it's only four days into July and already the site has just accepted 103 new members!* That's already a record for most members within a calendar month and probably a record for any given four-day span.

Thank you Anthony. The dramatic increase is actually expected when we required everybody to register effective last Monday. Isn't it interesting that we at least can deduce the characters and personalities of the guests through their registered nick names?* :)

427 new members in July, 2006 . . . that more than doubles the total membership of the site! ;D

gameface_one
08-01-2006, 10:18 PM

Thank you Anthony. The dramatic increase is actually expected when we required everybody to register effective last Monday. Isn't it interesting that we at least can deduce the characters and personalities of the guests through their registered nick names?* :)

427 new members in July, 2006 . . . that more than doubles the total membership of the site!* *;D

Yup and we do not manipulate the numbers here unlike in .........!

gameface_one
08-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Would appreciate also feedback about the new homepage though it's still only 95% complete. We expect Gameface TV to be fully functional by next week.

5FootCarrot
08-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

Could the admins set up some kind of filter in the forums that would automatically censor swear words in posts? I think it's possible to customize these filters so swear words in Filipino could also be toned down.

I'm not saying that a poster does not have the responsibility to watch his or her language, but I think it would be a big help to have language filters in place.

Signed,
Doesn't Want to Worry About This, Too

gameface_one
08-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

Could the admins set up some kind of filter in the forums that would automatically censor swear words in posts? I think it's possible to customize these filters so swear words in Filipino could also be toned down.

I'm not saying that a poster does not have the responsibility to watch his or her language, but I think it would be a big help to have language filters in place.

Signed,
Doesn't Want to Worry About This, Too

Will refer this to our CTO. Will get back to you asap. Thanks.

yungha
08-17-2006, 09:49 AM
dear gameface team,

congrats! one thousand members and counting!

keep up the good work.

-yungha

salsa caballero
08-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Congrats guys! I'm sure even Dan Brown must be very impressed by your success!

gameface_one
08-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Thank you Yungha and Salsa Caballero. Advise us also how else we can give you a better service.

Altezza
08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Kamusta na gameface_one? How about trading your Subaru Forrester for my Honda Jazz??? ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, congratulations to such a successful site. Membership seems to be booming. ;)

5FootCarrot
08-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Attn: gameface_one and/or full battle gear

Dear Gameface Team,

I'm moving a thread on NABRO officiating from the BEN to the GD forum.

I thought I would be able to keep it in the BEN, but after reading the posts therein, it appears as though the thread does not seek to apply only to Ateneo basketball. I think it could be merged with the existing "Zeroing In On the Zebras" thread because it deals with critiquing the officiating in the UAAP.

Respectfully yours,
5FootCarrot

5FootCarrot
09-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Attn: gameface_one and/or full battle gear

Dear Gameface Team,

I've moved a thread entitled "Duncil a Blue Eagle next season?" from the BEN to the GD forum and would like to request that it be merged with the existing tsismis thread.

Respectfully yours,
5FootCarrot

full battle gear
09-06-2006, 11:58 AM
^^ Request granted.

Howard the Duck
09-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Yahoo! nakapasok din ako! Sa wakas! Buti na lang dinisable ko ang AdBlock, bawal pala ang may website na may "game" sa URL! lol! ;D

5FootCarrot
09-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

Why is this forum called "The Officials\' Table"? And why is the San Beda forum called the "Red Lions\' Den"?

Signed,
A Curious Carrot

MonL
09-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

Why is this forum called "The Officials\' Table"? And why is the San Beda forum called the "Red Lions\' Den"?

Signed,
A Curious Carrot

At bakit yung numerical figure "decimal point eight" nagiging "cool" emoticon?* ;D

gameface_one
09-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

Signed,
A Curious Carrot

This is already being checked by commish. thanks.

5FootCarrot
10-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

This is to respectfully request that the poster named joelex be banned from the forums.

Despite being warned about his behavior, he has continued to be less than polite (to put it mildly) in the Blue Eagles' Nest and repeatedly disrupted the discussions instead of contributing constructively. After half a UAAP season or so, enough is enough.

Following are links to some of joelex's "greatest hits" in the BEN:

http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=577.30
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=586.msg15560#msg15560
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=586.msg15575#msg15575
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=717.345 (pages 24-26)
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=577.msg25024#msg25024

I hope that you will consider my request on behalf of the BENistas.

Sincerely yours,
5FootCarrot

PS Eto pang isa, hot off the presses: http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=813.msg25040#msg25040

Uncle Toots
10-18-2006, 02:56 PM
i agree. he's become antagonistic of late. and he hardly ever contributes anything of substance.

gameface_one
10-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

This is to respectfully request that the poster named joelex be banned from the forums.

Despite being warned about his behavior, he has continued to be less than polite (to put it mildly) in the Blue Eagles' Nest and repeatedly disrupted the discussions instead of contributing constructively. After half a UAAP season or so, enough is enough.

Following are links to some of joelex's "greatest hits" in the BEN:

http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=577.30
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=586.msg15560#msg15560
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=586.msg15575#msg15575
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=717.345 (pages 24-26)
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=577.msg25024#msg25024

I hope that you will consider my request on behalf of the BENistas.

Sincerely yours,
5FootCarrot

PS Eto pang isa, hot off the presses: http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=813.msg25040#msg25040

In light of the above, joelex is now banned from posting and replying in the BEN forum. This will take effect within today. Any similar infractions in the future may warrant him a ban from the whole Gameface forum section.

Wang-Bu
10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Corny niyo naman. Sana hinamon niyo na lang ng suntukan. Mahilig rin lang makipag-away nung Atenista_Comm kung kani-kanino.

joelex
10-21-2006, 04:41 AM
i've said things that really hurt them and their pride, but this was one of the quotes that didnt sit well with them which is ridiculous.

"as much as good a shooter tiu is, marami pa siyang kakaining bigas para lang maabutan si duncil. Jojo is the top scorer in his PBL team and his game is more polished at this stage. if UST wants to win, this is one match up they should exploit."

kahit totoo sa opinyon ng marami basta't hindi puri sa player nila, masama pala.

just so others know.

gameface_one
10-21-2006, 12:08 PM
i've said things that really hurt them and their pride, but this was one of the quotes that didnt sit well with them which is ridiculous.

"as much as good a shooter tiu is, marami pa siyang kakaining bigas para lang maabutan si duncil. Jojo is the top scorer in his PBL team and his game is more polished at this stage. if UST wants to win, this is one match up they should exploit."

kahit totoo sa opinyon ng marami basta't hindi puri sa player nila, masama pala.

just so others know.

Joelex, thanks for the post.

The ateneans have control over their forum. They set some rules (as posted in their Guidelines) for all members to see and read. As Carrot mentioned and presented, this was not the first time that you posted to that effect. Due process was followed. We have no other recourse but to render a decision that should be fair for everybody. On the other hand, taking into consideration that your posts were not as bash heavy as those members who were previoiusly banned from gameface, you can still participate in the other forums except the BEN.

Hope you understand. It is our primordial duty to maintain order in this site. Thanks.

easter
11-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

Congrats! Nakita ko feature sa inyo sa Hoops Nation!

gameface_one
11-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

Congrats! Nakita ko feature sa inyo sa Hoops Nation!

Thank you easter.

Leeanna20
11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
hello.. :) im new here.. im a fun of MMTLBA"tiong lian" and all the fil-chi bbol leagues.. i hope na mas marami pa kayong ma post na pix n mga forums about the games.. madami din kc "fil-chi peeps" who are supportng gameface.ph mas masaya sana kung feature din ang tiong lian, MASA, and Fedration. sana ma update ang mga liga namin dto sa site.. eheheh tnx...

gameface_one
11-08-2006, 09:06 AM
hello.. :) im new here.. im a fun of MMTLBA"tiong lian" and all the fil-chi bbol leagues.. i hope na mas marami pa kayong ma post na pix n mga forums about the games.. madami din kc "fil-chi peeps" who are supportng gameface.ph mas masaya sana kung feature din ang tiong lian, MASA, and Fedration. sana ma update ang mga liga namin dto sa site.. eheheh tnx...

Thanks Leeanna20 and welcome to gameface.ph The Tiong Lian tournament usually starts in January. We will definitely cover it for all of you fans of fil-chinese hoops.

You can likewise help us cover the other Fil-chinese leagues by exposing them here in the forums of gameface.ph or if you have connections or links with the organizers feel free to introduce us to them and we will take care of the rest.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Leeanna20
11-09-2006, 12:25 AM
sure no problem.... ;D who will i contact directly? meron kayo ma cocover this month of november. :)

Leeanna20
11-09-2006, 12:56 AM
9th MASA(Metropolitan Amateur Sports Asso.) Basketball has already started its league last week Nov.4 2006

The member schools are:
-Hope Christian high school (Host of 9th MASA)
-St. Jude
-Sakya
-Philippine Cultural high school
-Philadelphia School
-Makati Hope Christian School
-MGC-New Life
-PIQC

GAMES on Saturday (Nov.11, 2006) @ Philippine Cultural high school Gym (Cor. Abad Santos, C.M.Recto Sta. cruz)
9:00AM -St. Jude Vs. Phil. Cultural
10:15AM -Sakya Vs. Mkti Hope christian
1:00PM -PIQC Vs. Hope Christian high school
2:15PM -Mgc-New life Vs. Philadelphia school

*FREE ENTRANCE ;D ;D ;D ;D

gameface_one
11-09-2006, 09:07 AM
You can PM to me the contact persons.

Global Greenie
11-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Are you going to cover the currrent MMBL? Can you give more info on this league? Thanks.

gameface_one
11-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Are you going to cover the currrent MMBL? Can you give more info on this league? Thanks.

Unfortunately, no student-reporters are available at this time to cover the league. We will however continue to provide you with on-line news about the MMBL whenever they become available. Thanks.

Kid Cubao
12-10-2006, 06:41 AM
dear gameface team,

dunkerslam has made an a$$ of himself from the moment he registered as a member in gameface. please BAN HIM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

BigBlue
12-10-2006, 11:24 AM
i second the motion!

gameface_one
12-11-2006, 03:45 PM
warning has been properly given. let's just wait for the next infraction.

5FootCarrot
12-15-2006, 07:44 AM
testing...

EDIT:

Dear Gameface Team,

It looks like the forum clock is an hour late again. We don't really tell time by the forum clock, but...just sayin' :)

Tsaka may prize-winning hirits na naman si dunkerslam sa "Hardcore Players Who Made Good" thread.

lekiboy
12-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi Gameface Team,
I just noticed that your web clock is not aligned with the actual time. I think it is 1 hour late.
Kindly check.
Thanks and more power to all of you!

gameface_one
12-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi Gameface Team,
I just noticed that your web clock is not aligned with the actual time. I think it is 1 hour late.
Kindly check.
Thanks and more power to all of you!

Ok, will have it checked.

Thanks.

gameface_one
12-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Carrot, mild pa naman hirit ni dunkerslam. Don't worry, we are closely monitoring him and all posts of members in general.

Thanks.

ESCALERA JR.
12-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Prrrrrrttt...TIMEOUT !* *ALL MODERATORS AND GAMEFACERS

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2 0 0 7 ;)

GO...FIGHT...ANIMO...ARRIBA...BRAVO...VIVA...MABUH AY!!!

Kid Cubao
01-25-2007, 07:48 PM
gameface team, please take decisive action on binocular. it's his type that we can do without here in gameface.

5FootCarrot
01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
In fairness, binocular was actually OK in the beginning but he seemed to have eaten something that disagreed with him (or been taken over by a pod person) and turned into the version we all know and love today.

I hope that there's a chance that he'll be back to OK again, but I don't know if that's going to happen. I think that the recent responses he has gotten from people have contributed to the negative impact on discussions whenever he is around, but I also see these responses as coming from people who have tried and failed to reason with him, and have clearly had enough of him and his posts, which have pointlessly attacked on occasion not just the Ateneo team management but also fellow Gamefacers.

Please also be informed that in addition to the public reprimands and responses to his posts here in the forums, I have also been approached in private with concerns and complaints regarding binocular's conduct in the forums.

I submit the following exchanges as evidence:

http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=659.msg28048#msg28048 (starting from this post)
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=791.msg30081#msg30081
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=963.msg30716#msg30716
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=732.msg30841#msg30841 (starting from this post)
http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=659.msg31000#msg31000 (starting from this post)

full battle gear
01-26-2007, 10:28 AM
We already banned binocular last night.

5FootCarrot
01-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Thank you. I must admit that I'm glad he's gone.

lekiboy
01-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Dear Game Face Team,
Do we have updates on the ongoing MMBL? I can't seem to find the thread for it...
Thanks and more power...

flsfnoeraekadad
01-28-2007, 11:37 PM
...I wish you fulfill my wish to have many money

Goodnight Papa Gameface.PH. ;D

gameface_one
01-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Dear Game Face Team,
Do we have updates on the ongoing MMBL? I can't seem to find the thread for it...
Thanks and more power...

Check out the thread on the MMBL found in the "Other Hardcore Leagues" sub-forum. Maybe you can help us update it as well.

gameface_one
01-29-2007, 09:20 AM
...I wish you fulfill my wish to have many money

Goodnight Papa Gameface.PH. ;D

I don't think you're alone with that wish flsfnoeraekadad. ;D

AnthonyServinio
02-10-2007, 02:39 AM
In the light of recent events, I move that all threads started before February 5, 2007 (the day of the Unity Congress) regarding the POC-BAP War, the Philippines' suspension from FIBA and other similar topics be hereby closed.

gameface_one
02-11-2007, 08:14 AM
* * *In the light of recent events, I move that all threads started before February 5, 2007 (the day of the Unity Congress) regarding the POC-BAP War, the Philippines' suspension from FIBA and other similar topics be hereby closed.

Who wants to second this motion? :)

cackler
02-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Seconded.

gameface_one
02-11-2007, 10:39 PM
^^^ Ok, I recommend that we lock all the threads once the POC formally accredits the BAP-SBP which should happen this week.

pachador
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
i have a suggestion: I think this forum will be more popular if the name is changed. gameface is an american slang that might be too difficult to be 'embeded' so to speak in the consciousness of the filipino basketball online community. i was wondering , how about something more mundane or simple like philippinebasetball.com for example. it would be a waste if this site closes later on kasi it has maraming info on the more obscure or upcoming amateur leagues. another alternative is to keep gameface but to also have a backup site with a simple or more direct name .e.g. philbasket.com, etc with identical content to gameface then see which of the 2 twin sites get more traffic. just a suggestion ha ! no ill-intentions here...

Bennie Bangag
03-02-2007, 03:06 PM
there is no need for this. sorry, but you're in the minority. besides, there is a forum to bring your suggestions and comments to the gameface team, sana dun mo na lang ito ipinost.

gameface_one
03-02-2007, 09:38 PM
We just merged it to the Dear Gameface Thread.

Pachador may have a point but as much as we would like to be more generic, we want to emphasize the "hardcore" sense of the game of basketball. Besides, the brand/name "gameface" doesn't only pertain to a slang but to a special endeavor and passion that bind the owners together. In other words, there are more personal and intimate reasons for choosing the name. You may refer to an article previously written by Bill Velasco when it featured the website last year. You may cull it from one of the past articles in the Homepage.

mighty_lion
03-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Not sure if I am just the lone US NCAA fanatics here in gameface, I think there are more. Can I create a forum related to 2007 March Madness? Tnx.

gameface_one
03-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Not sure if I am just the lone US NCAA fanatics here in gameface, I think there are more. Can I create a forum related to 2007 March Madness? Tnx.

Suggest that you create a thread or topic first under General Discussions. If it is received well by the members then let's assess again if a sub-forum is needed. As you know, this site is focused on local hoops with some exceptions on the side.

Mateen Cleaves
03-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

It's getting tiresome. And there is no sign that he will get the point, or change his ways anytime soon.

Please BAN israeli from the Oblation Nation.

Thank you.

israeli
03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
dear Gameface Team,

i know that this is not the right venue for me to air my side of the story but i am doing this to clear myself of whatever baseless and senseless accusations and attacks that Mateen Cleeves and his cohorts have been doing to me for quite some time now.

i am a peaceful member of this forum for quite some time now. i try to share my views and understanding of things with utmost civility and friendliness as much as i can, most especially in the Oblation Nation section. however, it is also quite some time now when some individuals in the Oblation Nation section, which happens to be under Mateen Cleeves, have continuously and relentlessly slandered me and thrown baseless and senseless accusations such as comparing me to a certain mossad, el mestizo, etc. of another forum. what was even more depressing was Mateen Cleeves' obvious partiality and connivance to the people who have been assaulting me for quite some time and, eventually, participated in the assault himself. instead of just respecting what i posted, no matter how off-topic some of them are, they still resorted to mudslinging, character assassination and slander, all of which prompted me to take action instead of just being passive or merely allow them to continue with what they were doing.

i have no choice but to defend myself from Mateen and his cohorts who have been attacking me for quite awhile now. i may have posted statements where my language have gone out of bounds but such was a result of my defense to myself from attacks of some Oblation Nation people and from Mateen's obvious partiality and connivance with the said individuals.

it is my right to defend myself from all attacks. it is my right to have the freedom to express my opinion without the prejudice of some individuals here. it is my right to continue posting in any section of this Forum because i have not violated any of the guidelines set by the administration and that all the accusations that Mateen and his cohorts are all but fabricated.

i, therefore, appeal to the Gameface Team to protect my rights as an individual and from attacks being launched by Mateen and his cohorts; have me given the freedom to post in any section of this Forum, including Oblation Nation; and Mateen Cleeves stripped of his status as moderator of Oblation Nation for his obvious partiality, participation in attacks against me and continuous and deliberate disregard of one member's freedom to express his opinion.

thank you very much.

gameface_one
03-16-2007, 02:04 AM
After assessing the explanations of all parties concerned and reviewing all the posts and rules in posting in relation thereto, we hereby ban israeli from the Oblation Nation forum.

This will take effect within 24 hrs from the time of posting of this message.

Thanks.

israeli
03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
^ i would like to appeal the decision made by Gameface Team regarding my case in Oblation Nation.

first, it is me who is the aggrieved party in this case. i was consistently following the rules and regulations set by the Forum management while i was posting in Oblation Nation. it was just that there was instances that my posts were off-topic, but that should not have entitled Mateen Cleeves and his cohorts to resort to slander and accuse me of things that absolutely fabricated and baseless.

second, i would not resort to using harsh words if i was not assaulted by Mateen and his cohorts. it is my inherent and God-given right to defend myself from all forms of assault, whether in person or online. like what i said in the first paragraph, the accusations and attacks made by Mateen and his cohorts are but fabricated and baseless as i was posting things there with utmost civility and peacefulness until such time that this incident occured. i would do what it takes to defend myself from all forms of assault and persecution no matter what i takes.

lastly, having me banned from the said section would be an insult to justice and to me being the aggrieved party. God knows that i did not do anything wrong and i religiously followed the rules and regulations set by this Forum. it was Mateen and his cohorts who attacked me, and yet the administration of this Forum seemed to have obviously condoned their actions and had me penalized instead for defending myself. it seems to me that mob rule would be the one that would be taken credit instead of a fair and impartial assessment of the situation should i, the aggrieved and INNOCENT party, be the one to take the penalty instead of the guilty parties who attacked me in the Forum.

again, i am humbly asking the Gameface Team to reconsider the decision by taking credit in my position, take an alternative action by penalizing those who are really guilty in this incident and reversing the ban being set on an INNOCENT person- me.

thank you very much.

gameface_one
03-16-2007, 07:02 PM
May we hear the reply of Mateen to the appeal of israeli either through public posting or PM?

Thanks.

Mateen Cleaves
03-16-2007, 11:48 PM
It was not (is never) an easy decision to recommend the banning of any member of our forum.

But just to be clear, the reason I moved that he be banned from our home on gameface was because of the hostility and aggressive language of his postings. Plus the fact that he persisted on this unwholesome behavior even after being warned, and after other members of the forum had already tried to defuse the tension by bringing the discussion back on point. That was it.

No other reasons or "accusations".

The fact that some members of the forum believe israeli to be the same person as the one who caused the whole peyups.com forum to temporarily shut down is irrelevant. That some people may not have appreciated the quality of his contributions was, again, never the basis for our petition.

Our position is that there simply is no place for that kind of talk, and that kind of posturing on this site. Self-defense is not an excuse for this kind of behavior. Worse, there is no remorse at all in his appeal. What are we to take from a statement that basically goes: "I know that I stepped out of bounds, but I only did what I had to do. If it comes up again, I would do exactly the same thing again."?

I believe that he would indeed.

For that reason, I believe that the ban should stand.

Thank you.

gameface_one
03-16-2007, 11:51 PM
In light of the recent posts, we affirm our earlier decision to proceed with the ban of israeli from the Oblation Nation forum.

Let this decision be final and executory.

israeli
03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
again, i would like to reconsider the decision.

first, how can i be hostile and aggressive eh ako itong inaatake nila? hindi ako magiging hostile kung hindi sila ang nagsimula ng gulong ito. kahit na bigyan ako ng warning ni Mateen, eh yung fact na biased siya towards my attackers was more than enough basis for me to be defensive, thus the "hostile and aggressive behavior" that Mateen mentioned was all but irrelevant and immaterial.

also, how can i peacefully post there when Mateen simply condone the attacks being done to me? natural lang na maging defensive ako dahil wala siyang ginagawa at WALA SIYANG GAGAWIN to protect me. sinabi ko yung line na "I know that I stepped out of bounds, but I only did what I had to do. If it comes up again, I would do exactly the same thing again" because the obvious bias that Mateen has towards my assailants.

again, i would like the team to reconsider its decision. sobrang unfair naman for me na ako na 'tong agrabyado at pinagtutulung-tulungan nila eh ako pa ang paparusahan. kasalanan ko bang protektahan ko ang sarili ko? kasalanan ko bang maging "hostile and aggressive" dahil sa inaatake ako?

kayo ba, kapag inatake ba kayo nang walang kadahi-dahilan ay nakangiti pa rin kayong haharap sa mga umatake sa inyo as if walang nangyari? siyempre hindi. you will always be hostile towards your enemies up to a point na you will have aggressive* behavior. my hostily towards them is justified simply because THEY ATTACKED ME AND MATEEN CONDONED THE ACTIONS OF MY ASSAILANTS. it is UNFAIR AND UNJUST FOR ME TO BE PUNISHED JUST BECAUSE I DEFENDED MYSELF FROM THEM.

one more thing... how come the Admin is not reprimanding or penalizing Mateen Cleeves for his obvious bias towards my assailants? wala siyang ginawa para protektahan ako. rather, kumampi pa siya sa mga UMAAWAY sa akin and even pushed for me to banned in the Oblation Nation section out of my so-called "hostile and aggresive behavior". hindi ako magiging hostile at aggressive KUNG HINDI AKO INAATAKE NG GRUPO NINA MATEEN. tandaan niyo yan, Admin.

please naman Admin... alamin niyo naman muna ang tunay na dahilan kung bakit ganito ang naging reaction ko bago kayo umaksyon. lumalabas kasi na paparusahan niyo lang ako dahil nasabi nilang hostile at aggressive ako eh hindi ako magiging ganun kung hindi dahil sa bias ni Mateen towards my assailants at sa kawalan niya ng aksyon na patigilin ang mga assailants ko. ::)

p.s.: Mateen, alam mo... ANG PLASTIK MO! kunwari ay masakit sa kalooban mo na ipa-ban ako dito pero ang totoo ay kulang na lang ay magpa-fiesta kayo dahil napalayas niyo ako nang wala akong laban. i wouldn't be this hostile and aggressive towards you and the others kung naging mabait lang kayo.

ang kaso... INAATAKE NIYO AKO NANG WALANG DAHILAN... at NAPANIWALA niyo pa ang Admin na may kasalanan ako kahit na KAYO ANG NAG-UMPISA NG LAHAT NG ITO. KAYO ANG TUNAY NA HOSTILE AT AGGRESIVE, HINDI AKO.

ang matindi pa nito, palalabasin mo na irrelevant ang pambibintang niyo sa akin at yung kawalan niyo ng respeto sa opinyon ko ay irrelevant at immaterial. ANG GALING MONG MANGGGAGO, MATEEN! kayang-kaya mong BALUKTUTIN ANG FACTS para palabasin na kasalanan ko pa ang lahat. ANG GALING MONG MANGGAGO! ako na nga ang agbrayado tapos kayo pa ang makakalusot sa katarantaduhang ginawa niyo? PUTANG INA! ANG GALING!

saksakan ka ng PLASTIK, Mateen. ang galing mong umarte. sobrang convincing. kaya mo palang ipabitay ang taong walang kasalanan dahil alam niyo kung paano BALUKTUTIN ang Batas.

gameface_one
03-17-2007, 06:34 PM
^^^^^APPEAL IS DENIED!

Warning is now given to israeli for use of abrasive words.

israeli
03-18-2007, 12:35 AM
^ and how do you want me to react to them? with a smile?

come on, gameface one! para mo na ring sinabi sa akin na 'wag na akong magsalita kapag nagsasalita sila nang kabastusan towards me.

and why warn me for using politically correct words? bawal ba akong magpakita ng galit at disgusto sa klase ng desisyon na pinasok niyo? bakit ako ang paparusahan niyo eh ako na nga itong inatake nila? i will not speak in such manner if they were not the first ones to show aggression.

how can i even show humility when i am being threatened? COME ON! BE REASONABLE! 'WAG KA NAMANG MAGPAKITA NG PAGKILING SA KABARKADA MONG SI MATEEN! ::)

pumunta ka muna sa Oblation Nation. tingnan mo kung bakit ako nagreact nang ganun at kung bakit ako naging hostile. baka sakaling MATAUHAN ka at baguhin mo desisyon mo.

MonL
03-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but here it goes...

I registered on March 1 last year. I don't really remember how, but I guess I came to know about this forum then from bedista.com.

It has been a great year, and I would like to THANK YOU GUYS for giving hoops junkies like me a place to let out their passion for the game and to interact in fellowship with people with equal if not greater passion, love and knowledge of the game. And I came out a better informed guy thanks to the hardcores, fellow alumni and Den mates, professionals and friends from other schools, all of whom share a common interest and converged on this place.

May this portal, and the people who make this place so alive, live long and prosper.

It was a great and worthwhile year for me here. May we have many more together still.* * :)

Yours in hoops,

MonL

gameface_one
03-18-2007, 09:25 PM
israeli, we have decided after considering all sides. Now, it's up to you to either accept and follow our decision or remain abrasive - in which case, we won't have any other choice but to implement disciplinary measures accordingly.

gameface_one
03-18-2007, 09:27 PM
MonL, thank you very much.

We owe the success of this site to all of you members who continue to support us by sharing all your views and experiences about the sport we all love.

john_paul_manahan
03-19-2007, 04:15 PM
naks naman monL... :)

jembengzon
04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
while i enjoy reading very much the posts and the give and take between differing opinions, i'd like to remind everyone that this is a non-partisan site. unfortunately, while the number of members have grown exponentially, so have the number of posters that do not adhere to the rules.

suggest everyone reread and abide by them. this is our home, so let's take care of it. if you want partisan, do so at your own home sites, but that's not enough reason to bring whatever is commented over there to this site.

if we want to keep this site growing and thriving, then as members, be disciplined enough to abide by the rules the founders have set. :)

gameface_one
04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
^^^agree jem 100%. :)

miriko
04-20-2007, 10:03 AM
heya! just one quick note for the writers... FEATI stands for FAR EAST AIR TRANSPORT INC. & not FAR EAST ASIAN TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTE...thanks.* ;)

casual_observer
04-21-2007, 02:37 PM
hi! :)

i just want to say hello to the forum managers. it is my first time to be in gameface. hopefully i could be able to share some of my little knowledge in basketball despite my being a mere casual observer. ;)

gameface_one
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM

i just want to say hello to the forum managers. it is my first time to be in gameface. hopefully i could be able to share some of my little knowledge in basketball despite my being a mere casual observer. ;)

Welcome to Gameface casual_observer. Enjoy the articles and forums!

casual_observer
04-22-2007, 09:48 PM

thanks, gameface_one. i am enjoying reading many of the posts and participating in discussions here. it is really nice to be here. :)

Kid Cubao
04-23-2007, 02:52 PM
dear gameface team,

yet another spammer has infiltrated the general discussion thread. please delete the "pills for men's health" thread and, if possible, ban james pillzzz from the site. thanks.

flsfnoeraekadad
04-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Dear Papa Gameface,

Kailan ba magandang pumunta ng Bora? :D

gameface_one
04-24-2007, 02:29 PM
dear gameface team,

yet another spammer has infiltrated the general discussion thread. please delete the "pills for men's health" thread and, if possible, ban james pillzzz from the site. thanks.

Thanks Kid. It's done already.

gameface_one
04-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Dear Papa Gameface,

Kailan ba magandang pumunta ng Bora? :D

Sorry. Your question is OT. Pls refrain from doing the same again. Thanks.

Kid Cubao
04-26-2007, 06:48 AM
dear gameface team,

another spammer on the loose! happytablet posted a new thread in the general discussions thread. please delete the thread and if possible, ban happytablet as well. salamat!

gameface_one
04-26-2007, 09:39 AM
dear gameface team,

another spammer on the loose! happytablet posted a new thread in the general discussions thread. please delete the thread and if possible, ban happytablet as well. salamat!

Done! Thank you for advising us and pls continue to do so until we all flush them out.

5FootCarrot
05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

badshow's debut post seems harmless at first sight, but it includes many links that seem to be non-basketball related. Please deal with this "spammer in poster's clothing" as you see fit. Thank you.

gameface_one
05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

badshow's debut post seems harmless at first sight, but it includes many links that seem to be non-basketball related. Please deal with this "spammer in poster's clothing" as you see fit. Thank you.

Done. Post deleted.

gameface_one
05-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Removed message of Dubidzet. Commish will handle the spammers.

bchoter
05-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Dear GAmeface Team,

Please delete Binocular's page 5 post in the Season 70 Recruits: Scouting Report thread. It's way too offensive.

gameface_one
05-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Dear GAmeface Team,

Please delete Binocular's page 5 post in the Season 70 Recruits: Scouting Report thread. It's way too offensive.

bchoter, I think you can directly do this as mod of the Growling Tigers' Jungle Forum.

5FootCarrot
05-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

Someone brought up a fellow named Ronnie Aguilar in the BEN. Since AFAIK he is not, has never been and might not ever be a Blue Eagle, I have created a new thread for that discussion and moved it to the General Discussion forum. You may wish to merge it with the National team thread or something.

Just a heads-up.

5FootCarrot

gameface_one
05-20-2007, 07:55 PM
^^^thanks Carrot. Will merge it with the Fil-Am thread. Thanks.

chba_dude
06-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Gameface_one,

A plea from the Den:

"On behalf of my brothers, may I request for a reconsideration of the banning of Mang Roger from the cheers thread. Mang Roger has already proven that he is a responsible member of this forum. Whilst he may have reacted inappropriately to aguila who is just a new member and whose reason for membership is suspect, we nevertheless believe that Mang roger should have been given the benefit of the doubt and given another chance.

We will highly appreciate your favorable response to our request.

Regards."

LION
06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

I second my motion. :)

Joescoundrel
06-15-2007, 06:31 PM
I also second this motion for the reinstatement of Mang Roger.

lekiboy
06-15-2007, 09:29 PM
same here....

mighty_lion
06-15-2007, 09:47 PM
count this as the fourth motion for reconsideration ;D

razor
06-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Gameface_one,

A plea from the Den:

"On behalf of my brothers, may I request for a reconsideration of the banning of Mang Roger from the cheers thread. Mang Roger has already proven that he is a responsible member of this forum. Whilst he may have reacted inappropriately to aguila who is just a new member and whose reason for membership is suspect, we nevertheless believe that Mang roger should have been given the benefit of the doubt and given another chance.

We will highly appreciate your favorable response to our request.

Regards."

I concur. Mang Roger was as peaceful as his namesake - SBC's legendary balut vendor - until he got provoked ;)

MonL
06-15-2007, 11:56 PM
I concur. Mang Roger was as peaceful as his namesake - SBC's legendary balut vendor - until he got provoked* ;)

This Bedan says "Aye," too.

danny
06-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Aye!

AnthonyServinio
06-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I concur. Mang Roger was as peaceful as his namesake - SBC's legendary balut vendor - until he got provoked* ;)

This Bedan says "Aye," too.

Another Bedan says Aye also. Lift the ban.

christian
06-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Aye Aye! (counted ba na 2 votes yun?) ;D

SIMBA
06-16-2007, 02:09 PM
dont ban Mang Roger. he was just defending our school.

another bedan asking to lift the ban. thanks

gameface_one
06-16-2007, 06:18 PM
In consideration of the above requests, Mang Roger may post again in the General Discussions Forum. This will take effect within 24 hrs from now.

chba_dude
06-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Thank you Sir.

true.blue
06-16-2007, 10:10 PM
If I recall correctlly, the initiator or flame-baiter in that sequence of unfortunate exchanges was a new poster named bentot, jr. I was expecting he would be the one at least warned.

gameface_one
06-16-2007, 10:20 PM
^^^A warning was already given to him. Good thing he didn't repeat the offense after that. Refer to page 18 of the "Stop Copying ....." thread in General Discussions.

SIMBA
06-17-2007, 01:21 PM
thank you gameface one for lifting the ban.

Go San Beda Fight!!!

LION
06-17-2007, 06:33 PM
In consideration of the above requests, Mang Roger may post again in the General Discussions Forum. This will take effect within 24 hrs from now.

Thank you gameface_one! Salamat!

mighty_lion
06-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks. ;) Rest assured, the Bedan Community has and will always be in support of the rules and objectives of this site.

Pax!

JonarSabilano
06-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi,

There's another spammer named YenneBD in the "General Discussion" forum. Kindly delete the "Just dropped by to say Hello" thread. Thank you.

gameface_one
06-18-2007, 09:10 PM
^^^Done.

5FootCarrot
06-19-2007, 07:35 AM
And YenneBD is back with another thread, "Very nice...good job!"

gameface_one
06-19-2007, 11:14 AM
^^^Deleted!

JonarSabilano
06-19-2007, 02:12 PM
There's a post made by TrudyKing called "Low Cost Vacation, Air Travel, Hotel Room Specials" in the General Discussion forum. Methinks this is spam as well.

(Where do all of these spammers come from?)

gameface_one
06-19-2007, 02:55 PM
^^^deleted!

Howard the Duck
06-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Saang forum dapat ilagay ang U.S. NCAA thread? O meron na ba nito?

gameface_one
06-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Yes. There's is a thread about the US NCAA March Madness 2007 in General Discussions forum. You can start a new one under the same forum. Thanks.

Howard the Duck
06-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Yes. There's is a thread about the US NCAA March Madness 2007 in General Discussions forum. You can start a new one under the same forum. Thanks.
Thanks, I'll just revive the thread once U.S. NCAA basketball season tips off. :)

Joescoundrel
06-28-2007, 01:01 PM
There's a post made by TrudyKing called "Low Cost Vacation, Air Travel, Hotel Room Specials" in the General Discussion forum. Methinks this is spam as well.

(Where do all of these spammers come from?)

Jeez, has gameface.ph attracted that much traffic now that its getting SPAM-ed by people? I bet the site owner must be wallowing in revenue up to his eyeballs. ;D

gameface_one
06-28-2007, 03:40 PM
^^^^It's an industry-wide problem actually. :)

5FootCarrot
06-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

I've moved a speculative thread entitled "Two point guards" from the BEN to the GD forum. I would like to request that it be merged with the Tsismis thread, which seems to be the right place for it.

Thank you,
5FootCarrot
BEN Moderator

fujima04
06-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

Another spammer in the General Discussion Thread.

Please delete Hot Latina Sex Pics and if possible ban LinerTda. Thanks

Global Greenie
07-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Will the stats of the NCAA Juniors' games for Season 83 be available for posting? I've been trying to secure but have not been able to access any info. (Who's doing well? Anyone with potential to move up to Seniors worth following/watching?)

gameface_one
07-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

I've moved a speculative thread entitled "Two point guards" from the BEN to the GD forum. I would like to request that it be merged with the Tsismis thread, which seems to be the right place for it.

Thank you,
5FootCarrot
BEN Moderator

DONE.

gameface_one
07-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Will the stats of the NCAA Juniors' games for Season 83 be available for posting? I've been trying to secure but have not been able to access any info. (Who's doing well? Anyone with potential to move up to Seniors worth following/watching?)

We'll do it as soon as we get a copy. We would also like to request for any member to post the same as soon as they get their own official copy. Thanks.

jembengzon
07-02-2007, 03:05 PM
this requests a rather useless thread titled trash your rivals in the uaap sub-forum be locked, as its purpose is to flamebait and not discuss anything pertienent to this site.

gameface_one
07-02-2007, 10:24 PM
^^^jumpshooter will address this. Thanks.

5FootCarrot
07-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Dear Gameface team,

I've moved a query on basketball venue directions from the BEN to the GD forum. I'd like to request that it be merged with our existing "hardcore hoops venues" thread.

Thanks in advance,
5FootCarrot

casual_observer
07-03-2007, 06:16 PM
to the admin: please be informed that i am requesting the thread "UP vs. DLSU (1), July 7, 2PM. Araneta Coliseum" at the Oblation Nation be closed. it is due to the fact that i was the one who started it, thus all members of the Oblation Nation community would refuse to post there or in any thread that i have started.

i also would like to ask the admin on procedures on how i would DELETE MY ACCOUNT. the Gameface community already intends harm to me so it would just be fair for me to withdraw as soon as possible.

thank you.

Posterized
07-03-2007, 06:48 PM
^
Boo-f***ing-hoo.

Edited due to use of profanity. Posterized, kindly watch your language. Thank you.

Added by Posterized: Sorry Mods. Minsan lang naman. Nabwisit lang ako. Paumanhin.

atenista_comm
07-03-2007, 07:19 PM
to the admin: please be informed that i am requesting the thread "UP vs. DLSU (1), July 7, 2PM. Araneta Coliseum" at the Oblation Nation be closed. it is due to the fact that i was the one who started it, thus all members of the Oblation Nation community would refuse to post there or in any thread that i have started.

i also would like to ask the admin on procedures on how i would DELETE MY ACCOUNT. the Gameface community already intends harm to me so it would just be fair for me to withdraw as soon as possible.

thank you.

Oh c'mon!

casual_observer
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
^ bawal na bang ipadelete yung thread na inumpisahan ko? besides, standing rule na sa Oblation Nation ever since i came on board here na basta ako ang nagsimula ng thread, walang magpopost. nagbibigay galang lang ako sa mga hari kaya ako na ang nagpaparaya para isara yun at umpisahan ng bago ng dapat mag-umpisa. tatanga-tanga kasi sila kaya nauunahan.

as for my account, mabuti na rin yung i-delete ko ito tutal gaguhan lang naman ang lahat dito eh. ano nga bang reputasyon ang meron ako dito eh gusto niyo para OK ang isang tao sa inyo, susunod siya sa bawat kapricho niyo?

gameface_one
07-03-2007, 08:43 PM
casual_observer, pls course your request to the mod of Oblation Nation, mateen cleaves. Thanks.

joelex
07-03-2007, 11:21 PM
drama mo naman dude. hahaha

casual_observer
07-04-2007, 12:21 AM
gameface_one: pero yung pagde-delete ng account ko dito? hindi ba admin lang ang pwedeng sumagot sa tanong na yun?

full battle gear
07-04-2007, 12:37 AM
casual observer:

you can also just stop logging on to your account here thus making it inactive. if you wish, you can create a new account using a different email address. i believe that goes on here pretty often.

casual_observer
07-04-2007, 12:52 AM
^ no. hindi ganun ang gusto kong mangyari.

having my account deleted is the only way for me to redeem myself after all the bullshit that happened here. gusto ko lang patunayan sa mga tao dito na sincere ako sa pag-alis kaya gusto ko sana na malaman kung paano mai-delete itong account kong ito. nagkaleche-leche naman ang stay ko dito in the first place so mabuti pa na tulungan na lang ako ng Admin na i-delete itong account na ito.

jollibeeaddict
07-04-2007, 02:50 AM
hello! first time to post po. saan po ba pede magtanong tungkol sa tickets. salamat.

atenean_blooded
07-04-2007, 04:24 AM
gameface_one:

Maybe you should bend over backwards to put casual_observer out of his misery.

gameface_one
07-04-2007, 09:23 AM
hello! first time to post po. saan po ba pede magtanong tungkol sa tickets. salamat.

There are several ticket booth threads in different sub-forums.

Welcome to Gameface.ph.

gameface_one
07-04-2007, 09:27 AM
^ no. hindi ganun ang gusto kong mangyari.

having my account deleted is the only way for me to redeem myself after all the bullshit that happened here. gusto ko lang patunayan sa mga tao dito na sincere ako sa pag-alis kaya gusto ko sana na malaman kung paano mai-delete itong account kong ito. nagkaleche-leche naman ang stay ko dito in the first place so mabuti pa na tulungan na lang ako ng Admin na i-delete itong account na ito.

You just have to stop loggin in. It will have the same effect.

I don't think it is a question of sincerity. Everybody has to learn to adopt and adapt.

BigBlue
07-04-2007, 11:41 AM

gameface_one, if i may propose my own opinion, actually i think it is a matter of sincerity, on the part of casual_observer at least. if he were indeed sincere, well, he could take things into his own hands and quit visiting this site, rather than just waiting for something to happen. this is getting tiring. too much inane whining.

gameface_one
07-04-2007, 12:04 PM
^^^noted BigBlue.

Jump_Shooter
07-04-2007, 01:24 PM
It's not like he's really going away. He's just going to create another alternick, which he has already did, and try to start fresh.

jollibeeaddict
07-04-2007, 05:24 PM
nabasa ko po ang sinasabi niyo. kung ako po ang pinatutungkulan niyo, nagkakamali po kayo. subukan niyo pa pong tingnan ang IP address ko for proof. sinisigurado ko pong mapapahiya lang kayo. konting galang lang naman po sa amin na mga baguhan. kung paranoid na po kayo, hindi ko na po kasalanan yun. yun lang po. salamat po.

GHRanger
07-04-2007, 05:29 PM
^ I don't think deleting is the key as well.* It will screw up the whole database by keeping some references hanging.* Locking/Disabling is much better.

Dear Gameface.

Please send a warning to all people who quote from PEX, mentions the word PEX or acts like one of the trolls in PEX.* Warn him/her not to come back.* :) :D

Thanks.

jollibeeaddict
07-04-2007, 05:32 PM
sana lang po ay wag po tayong mag-resort sa bastusan kapag may bago na lang na miyembro dito. nandito po kami para makisama nang maayos pero kung babastusin po kami dahil lang sa paranoia ng ilan, lalaban po kami. hindi po dahil bago kami ay alternick na kami ng kung sinong kumag o kung sino man na kinasusuklaman niyo. kung may hinala pa rin kayo, katulad ng hamon ko, i-check niyo po ang IP address ko. sinisigurado ko po sa inyo na hindi po ako yung iniisip niyo. yun lang po. salamat po.

atenean_blooded
07-04-2007, 06:41 PM
gameface_one:

Is there an Ignore function so we can just go about our Gameface business without having to put up with decepticons?

gameface_one
07-04-2007, 06:49 PM
jollibeeaddict, I have answered your PMs.

GHRanger, I think those from PEx will find it amazingly challenging to adopt and adapt the Gameface environment. There's no need for a warning at this point. Things will fall into place....naturally.

atenean_blooded,

The ignore function is simply ignore the unwanted acts.

john_paul_manahan
07-04-2007, 11:09 PM
i guess this is a lesson learned for all of us....

hopefully, we all come out better...

(based from the posts and from the people that i have met, we all are mature enough to handle and deal these things)

*if only we can prune this mess up....

Wang-Bu
07-06-2007, 12:34 PM
^ I don't think deleting is the key as well.* It will screw up the whole database by keeping some references hanging.* Locking/Disabling is much better.

Dear Gameface.

Please send a warning to all people who quote from PEX, mentions the word PEX or acts like one of the trolls in PEX.* Warn him/her not to come back.* :) :D

Thanks.

Sang-ayon ako dito. Hindi na ito PEx kaya dapat hindi ugaling PEx o sistemang PEx ang palakad. Sa awa ni bathala matino naman sa pangkalahatan ang usaping basketball dito. Sana naman panatiliin ninyong ganun ang palakad.

OK lang naman na dumami ang mga kalahok sa ating mga usapan dito, kahit saan pa man nagmula ang mga nagnanais na sumapi sa ating munting daigdig dito sa gameface.ph. Subalit panatiliin naman natin ang pangkalahatang magandang antas na talastasan at usaping basketball dito. 'Yon kasi ang pinagmamalaki dito, sana naman manatiling ganun.

gameface_one
07-06-2007, 01:12 PM
^^^Noted Wang-bu. Pareho ang comment ko sa sagot ko kay GHRanger. Salamat.

Howard the Duck
07-11-2007, 11:30 AM
pwede bang ma-edit ang calendar?

gameface_one
07-11-2007, 12:06 PM
^^^What about it?

Howard the Duck
07-11-2007, 01:17 PM
^^ like adding game skeds and the like

gameface_one
07-11-2007, 04:31 PM
^^^We are planning to have a separate page on this. Nevertheless, if you need to know the sked of games of a particular league, you can go directly to the forum concerned and see the availability of the same. Thanks.

5FootCarrot
07-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

Please be informed that we have another spam thread, "Get A Better, Higher Paying Job" in the General Discussions forum.

Carrot

full battle gear
07-12-2007, 02:22 PM
^^ deleted.

fujima04
07-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

Please delete another spam thread entitled "Did You See Anything Similar" at the General Discussion Forum. Thanks.

fujima04
07-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

Please delete another spam thread entitled "Best Quality Pharmacy. Cheapest Price" at the General Discussion Forum. Thanks.

gameface_one
07-15-2007, 10:14 PM
^^^Done.

AnthonyServinio
07-17-2007, 11:47 AM
* * *I HEREBY move that a separate forum for the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (BAP-SBP) be created wherein we may discuss everything pertaining to the national sports association, particulary matters on the national teams and BAP-SBP-sanctioned activities.

* * *Thank you at mabuhay ang Pilipinas.

gameface_one
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
who wants to second this motion?

amdgc82
07-17-2007, 12:38 PM
i agree

john_paul_manahan
07-17-2007, 06:42 PM
can we have that as a sub-board (ala the walang kinalaman group?)

i third it

gameface_one
07-17-2007, 10:27 PM
^^^^Done. Special thanks to Commish.

5FootCarrot
08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

We have some fresh spam in the Gen Discussion forum - "pharmacy at lowest prices." ;D

5FootCarrot
08-05-2007, 05:38 PM
And Hugh Hefner has spammed the GD forum, too! Aba'y sikat na talaga ang Gameface! ;D

Howard the Duck
08-06-2007, 04:32 PM
parang ang bagal ng server ah ???

BigBlue
08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
parang ang bagal ng server ah ???

akala ko connection ko lang! mabagal nga mag-load ang gameface the past few days.

gameface_one
08-06-2007, 05:27 PM
We will have this checked immediately. Thanks.

Howard the Duck
08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
maayos na ulit ;)

mighty_lion
08-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Sir Gameface_one, pwede na kayang gumawa ng another thread for top HS prospects for 2008 season?

gameface_one
08-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Why not? Go ahead. If it will cover more than 1 league, I suggest that you post it in the General Discussions Thread.

Thanks.

mighty_lion
08-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Why not? Go ahead. If it will cover more than 1 league, I suggest that you post it in the General Discussions Thread.

Thanks.

thanks mod.

mighty_lion
08-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Sir Mod(s),

Theres another spammer in town. Thread is titled "Size Does Matter!". Unahan ko na si ms. 5FC, medyo inappropriate kasi this time.

Thanks, mighty_lion

gameface_one
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
^^^Sorry, it took us a while to delete it. thanks.

Sam Miguel
08-13-2007, 12:51 PM
There's an idiot selling Viagra on the General Discussions thread.

Howard the Duck
08-13-2007, 07:29 PM
bakit ba ang daming spammer? wala naman sa ibang forums to ah ;D

gameface_one
08-13-2007, 10:11 PM
^^^hardcore kasi. ;)

mighty_lion
08-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Sir, another Mercury Drug competitor is trying to market his/her products on General Discussion Fora.

gameface_one
08-16-2007, 08:03 PM
^^^^deleted!

gamephase
08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Why was my topic regarding a UCAA coach coming out of the closet deleted? No freedom of expression here in gameface? UCAA coach who is guilty requested it to be deleted? If there is smoke, there must be fire.

gameface_one
08-19-2007, 11:32 PM
^^^pls refer to the Officials table. This topic will be moved from the UCAA sub-forum to the Dear Gameface thread under the Official's Table sub-forum.

gameface_one
08-21-2007, 11:28 PM
^^^^some posts concerning the same topic were edited and modified to reflect a more generalized tsismis than narrowing down to defined obvious choices. Pls be reminded that the forum section should not be used for character assassinations nor for abuses that would promote and protect particluar whim(s) and interest(s) of certain individuals or institutions only. Even if there is somewhat some form of relationship to basketball, we will still control and edit the posts if there is a degree of evidence of malicious intent present to besmirch the reputation of another individual or institution.

5FootCarrot
08-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

I've moved an off-topic post from the BEN to the Gen Discussion forum. Since the post contains an inquiry about Araneta Coliseum, I would like to request that it be merged with the Basketball Venues thread (page 2 or 3 of the topic index).

Thank you,
5FootCarrot

gameface_one
08-23-2007, 10:47 AM
thanks. This is done.

freak
08-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Mods,

Another Viagra selling buffon created a new thread in the General Discussions board..

..and another one selling video products I would have considered if they were offered elsewhere ;D, also opened shop in the said page.

flsfnoeraekadad
08-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Is there an alternate link for Gameface forums? I can't access it from school, the ITC blocked the whole Gameface.ph page and all of its subsections. :(

full battle gear
08-24-2007, 07:40 AM
thanks, freak. deleted the topics.

flsfnoeraekadad, i am not aware of an alternate link for gameface. nevertheless, will check with gameface_one.

gameface_one
08-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Is there an alternate link for Gameface forums? I can't access it from school, the ITC blocked the whole Gameface.ph page and all of its subsections. :(

According to commish, it depends on how it is blocked. You can use web proxies if they are not blocked too.

mighty_lion
08-26-2007, 01:31 PM

According to commish, it depends on how it is blocked. You can use web proxies if they are not blocked too.

Holy cow! That is an on of a kind unjustifiable suppression of our freedom for basketball fanaticism. ;D

bluewing
08-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Gameface Team,

magkakaroon ba ng IGNORE USER feature dito? i really hope so kasi i believe it would be extrememly helpful for a lot of gamefacers here.

salamat.

allblue
08-31-2007, 01:13 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

I just noticed that all my messages are gone. Is there a time limit to how long you can store PMs in your inbox?

Thanks.

gameface_one
08-31-2007, 07:37 AM
^^^^Bluewing/Allblue, will check with commiish and get back to you asap.

5FootCarrot
09-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

"Wala Lang..BEN Edition" should actually read "Wala Lang...BEN Edition" (please note that there should be three dots in the ellipses).

I'm also not quite sure why I wasn't informed in advance that the BEN would be getting a new sub-forum. :(

gameface_one
09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Will ask commish to edit. Sent you a PM about your other concern. We apologize for the lapse in protocol. Thanks.

danny
09-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Guys, can please review the posts of Howard the Duck. It seems that he is trying to convert gameface into another of those B.S. sites.

Thank you.

Howard the Duck
09-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Now what did I do? ;D

Edit: Mods, please delete this thread: http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=1825.0
Thanks.

bananafrap
09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Dear Gameface Team,

I have one big favor to ask. The "Another stupid UAAP rule" thread is now locked but if it's possible, can I just say a few words as a closing statement? It won't be long, I promise. But if you can’t grant my request, I understand.

I also want to apologize if we strayed far away from the topic and for my constant reposting of facts.

Thank You.

jembengzon
09-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

I have one big favor to ask. The "Another stupid UAAP rule" thread is now locked but if it's possible, can I just say a few words as a closing statement? It won't be long, I promise. But if you can’t grant my request, I understand.

I also want to apologize if we strayed far away from the topic and for my constant reposting of facts.

Thank You.

i don't think so. please read and understand the rules on posting before you post. the fact that the thread was locked shows that it has become a pain to deal with due to posters' behavior. next time, please be considerate and let's take care of this site, lest it turn into PEX or some of the others :)

gameface_one
09-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Dear Gameface Team,

Thank You.

PLs course your appeal to jump_shooter.Thanks.

gameface_one
09-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Guys, can please review the posts of Howard the Duck. It seems that he is trying to convert gameface into another of those B.S. sites.

Thank you.

I agree with this. Howard, pls tone down your posts specially about the definition of the La Salle "animo" and about its corresponding "redundant" meaning. Let's focus on the issue and not on items that could attract bashing. Technical foul on this.

Howard the Duck
09-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Thank you.

I agree with this. Howard, pls tone down your posts specially about the definition of the La Salle "animo" and about its corresponding "redundant" meaning. Let's focus on the issue and not on items that could attract bashing. Technical foul on this.

Noted.

gameface_one
09-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks Howard. :)

Joescoundrel
09-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Any chance my firm could post want-ads in the site?

gameface_one
09-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi Joe. If you are pertaining to banner ads, then we have some advertising charges for the same. But if you just want to post them ala classified ads, you can start a thread for this in the Wala Lang sub-forum under General Discussions. thanks.

mighty_lion
09-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Sir Gface1,

Someone using the username "yuck_UE" is attacking our fellow red colored brods and sis in CM Recto. Please review the posts made and check if a an immediate ban can be imposed to this guy. Username pa lang kasi dapat i-ban na. Thanks.

gameface_one
09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
^^^Thanks. A warning and technical foul have already been given. We are monitoring him closely.

Joescoundrel
09-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Dear Team, ban yuck_UE NOW! Before he/she/it turns this place into PEx.

gameface_one
09-21-2007, 09:58 AM
^^^Easy. We are giving everybody here due process. :)

Sam Miguel
09-21-2007, 05:19 PM
I've gone over this yuck_UE member's posts and they are all personal attacks that have nothing to do with basketball.

I am one with the rest in calling for an immediate ban on this member.

mighty_lion
09-21-2007, 05:36 PM
I've gone over this yuck_UE member's posts and they are all personal attacks that have nothing to do with basketball.

I am one with the rest in calling for an immediate ban on this member.

Sir GF1 I agree with Joescoundrel and Sam Miguel. Fair warning was already given last night under UE warriors thread. Early this morning yuck_UE yet again posted blatant remarks in UAAP forum. In addition, I would like to request that all yuck_UE's post on this site be deleted.

gameface_one
09-21-2007, 06:00 PM
^^^mighty_lion, we have reviewed the posts and they do not warrant a ban at this point. We have already applied due process so let's just allow it to take its natural course. Your comments are noted and we are monitoring his posts closely. Thanks.

mighty_lion
09-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Okey. Thanks.

batangueño
09-22-2007, 01:35 AM
Reporting this thread (http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=1903.0) in Oblation Nation. Another spammer, I guess.

Mateen Cleaves
09-22-2007, 05:38 AM
I deleted a spam thread from a user named mikey_mic19. Please ban immediately from Oblation Nation and elsewhere.

Thanks.

gameface_one
09-22-2007, 01:25 PM
ok, thanks.

5FootCarrot
09-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I know gameface_one has already spoken on the matter, but I would still like to add my concerns to the ones already raised about yuck_UE's continued presence in the forums. I don't think this person is interested in contributing intelligently to the discussions in Gameface.