PDA

View Full Version : LF - historical stats/lineups for UAAP/NCAA

irateluvmachine
08-18-2007, 03:23 PM
where can i find information on ALL UAAP and NCAA seniors and juniors lineups and stats from the postwar years onward? this is for something i've been trying to develop since about five years ago...a complete statistical database of philippine professional, amateur and collegiate basketball...which has gotten sidetracked mostly due to work-related reasons...

what i used to do before was copy the lineups and stats off moldy, jurassic-era newspapers in the national library...but i hope there would be an easier way around this...

Howard the Duck
08-19-2007, 11:03 PM
UBelt has some data from the final 4 era...

kryptonite
08-20-2007, 12:12 AM
where can i find information on ALL UAAP and NCAA seniors and juniors lineups and stats from the postwar years onward? this is for something i've been trying to develop since about five years ago...a complete statistical database of philippine professional, amateur and collegiate basketball...which has gotten sidetracked mostly due to work-related reasons...

what i used to do before was copy the lineups and stats off moldy, jurassic-era newspapers in the national library...but i hope there would be an easier way around this...

I have a list of UAAP and NCAA champions all-time and some MVPs of the Seniors and Juniors. You can try the Wikipedia.

pachador
08-20-2007, 11:02 AM
keep us posted irateluvmachine !!! it would be nice if you can also do the MICAA from the 1940s, 1950s and onward.
thanks

irateluvmachine
08-20-2007, 11:30 AM

...which is what i'm working with as of the moment. kumpleto seniors stats nila ng UAAP and NCAA from 2001 onwards. they don't list player heights, which could be a problem for the lesser-known players...especially those one-game/one-season wonders...still, a great resource to work with.

micaa stats i can laboriously compile from the national library's piles of old newspapers. i got a lot of them when i first started working on this (circa 2002), but i can't find most of my old notes. since it's a long-defunct league, asa pa ako na may makukuha akong detalyadong player info...except for player names/individual scores. what i'm really hoping for is a one-stop shop for uaap and ncaa player info. wala ba silang sports info department na nagcocompile ng mga historical stats, or even old season yearbooks like what they sell at the games?

thanks for the input/suggestions so far! ;D i don't see myself spending much time on this till i get regularized (hopefully) this coming november, then i can make use of my leave credits to research...

chorizo
08-20-2007, 11:51 AM
try mo ateneo archives, open to the public naman eh. It is beside the main library of the college. they just might have info on the ncaa and uaap not just of ateneo.

pachador
08-20-2007, 11:51 AM
what i'm worried is that those old newspapers will rot away soon and the stats from the 40s , 50s and 60s specially will be gone forever. sana once you get them you can also save them not only on the net but also copy to cd/dvd for posterity sakes.

...which is what i'm working with as of the moment.* kumpleto seniors stats nila ng UAAP and NCAA from 2001 onwards.* they don't list player heights, which could be a problem for the lesser-known players...especially those one-game/one-season wonders...still, a great resource to work with.

micaa stats i can laboriously compile from the national library's piles of old newspapers.* i got a lot of them when i first started working on this (circa 2002), but i can't find most of my old notes.* since it's a long-defunct league, asa pa ako na may makukuha akong detalyadong player info...except for player names/individual scores.* what i'm really hoping for is a one-stop shop for uaap and ncaa player info.* wala ba silang sports info department na nagcocompile ng mga historical stats, or even old season yearbooks like what they sell at the games?

thanks for the input/suggestions so far! ;D* i don't see myself spending much time on this till i get regularized (hopefully) this coming november, then i can make use of my leave credits to research...

JonarSabilano
08-20-2007, 12:30 PM
try mo ateneo archives, open to the public naman eh. It is* beside the main library of the college. they just might have info on the ncaa and uaap not just of ateneo.

The closest you can get would be the Microforms section of the Ateneo Rizal Library. As far as I know, the University Archives hosts only Ateneo-related data. There is a collection on Ateneo athletics, but none regarding other UAAP/NCAA teams.

You might also want to check with the UAAP itself. They usually publish media guides containing information they deem significant, like track records.

Howard the Duck
08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm betting most college libraries have complete collections of their school newspapers, even those before the war.

oca
08-21-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm betting most college libraries have complete collections of their school newspapers, even those before the war.

For schools whose campuses were located at the south side of Pasig river at the time of the Battle of Manila, malamang nasunog na lahat yan.

I remember one senior member of the family narrating, he stood at the walls of Intramuros a few weeks after the war ended. From that part across Manila Hotel, sabi niya walang naiwang nakatayong building o bahay. From there, unobstructed ang kanyang view at tanaw niya raw ang Baclaran and its neigboring suburbs.

Seems exaggerated. But who are we to dispute those who were there then?

Howard the Duck
08-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Believe me, may nasalba pa doon. ;D

pachador
08-21-2007, 11:58 AM
sana someone has started to convert the old newspapers to digital form stored on CDs, hard drives ,etc kasi even microfilm gets damaged after a while from constant use