PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Batch 2007!! You're Done!

Dark Knight
08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Can anyone please post here players who will no longer play next year?

ADMU - Arao, Laterre
ADU - Cabahug
FEU - none
UP - none
UST - none
DLSU - Casio, Tang
NU - Fernandez

UE - Canizares, Gregorio, Fampulme, Espiritu, and Arellano?

Thats why UE is so keen on winning the crown this season because they will lose a lot of players next season. Its now or never for them.

If theres any errors, please feel free to correct them. If theres any omission, feel free to add them. ;D

Thanks!

actionscript
08-15-2007, 04:01 PM
UST will still be intact next year?? Whoa!!

Isn't Jervy Cruz turning 25 yet?

How about Chris Tiu? Will he be back next year to complete his 5th year in the UAAP? (though next year will already be his 6th year in Ateneo as he missed season 68 for an exchange program in France.)

Mikhail
08-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Ateneo may have as many as 5 leaving faces after this season: Only Laterre and Arao have exhausted their eligibility years, but remember Baldos and Escueta are HS batchmates of Arao, and Tiu is likely not to stay for another year; all the three mentioned are already in their 5th year, so there may be a major change next year for us.

UP has Epres and possibly Agbayani (skipped out last year but is Epres' batchmate). Serios has a year left after his one if I remember correctly.

UST: Dizon, Espiritu, Cortez will be out next year. I'm not sure if there are others that are ineligible because of transfers and such.

tigerman
08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Can anyone please post here players who will no longer play next year?

UST - none

Espiritu, Cortez and Dizon

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
08-15-2007, 04:52 PM
I forgot Cholo Villanueva. He's the only player remaining from the DLSU 2001 championship team. He miss the year 2002 and 2003. Technically, 7 years na sya, but this is his 5th year.

GHRanger
08-15-2007, 04:57 PM
DLSU - TY, Pocholo, Brian

JVee has 1 more year to go.

bananafrap
08-15-2007, 10:56 PM
parang may narinig ako last year na 2 years lng makakalaro si jervy cruz sa uaap for the reason that i forgot already hehe.. mali ba? so he'll still be playing next season or three more years pa kc it's only his 2nd year sa uaap eh?

freak
08-16-2007, 12:07 AM
parang may narinig ako last year na 2 years lng makakalaro si jervy cruz sa uaap for the reason that i forgot already hehe.. mali ba? so he'll still be playing next season or three more years pa kc it's only his 2nd year sa uaap eh?

it doesn't mean that if you have only played for 2 years you may play for 3 more years.. there is a rule regarding age limit as well. players who are older than 25 years are ineligible. case in point, Zion is just on his third year but will be ineligible next year since he will be over-age. ;)

i think jervy played for ust team b before being included in the uaap lineup so thay mey be a year or so.. just not sure how old he is today.

Dark Knight
08-16-2007, 12:12 AM
I forgot Borboran. ;D

batangueño
08-16-2007, 02:26 AM
As far as I know, the graduating Archers this year include TY and Cholo. JV still has until next year to wear the green and white.

Sa UP naman, the graduating players are Serios and Epres.

atenean_blooded
08-16-2007, 03:35 AM
I forgot Borboran.* ;D

There's some talk about him already being 25.

What gives?

pokpok
08-16-2007, 04:48 AM
UE borboran gregorio canizares....only
at balita ko may mga magagaling daw na recruits......

Dark Knight
08-16-2007, 06:18 PM
I forgot Borboran.* ;D

What gives?

Yup. but it seems the rumors arent true. But we'll never know. He might be pulling off a Duncil. ;D

Fampulme and Aguilar will play for only 2 years right? They are Masteral students. Only 2 years are allowed for Masteral studes.

freak
08-16-2007, 11:35 PM
I forgot Borboran.* ;D

What gives?

Yup. but it seems the rumors arent true. But we'll never know. He might be pulling off a Duncil.* ;D

Fampulme and Aguilar will play for only 2 years right? They are Masteral students. Only 2 years are allowed for Masteral studes.

can you imagine fampulme or aguilar going to class to attend masteral studies? ::) ;D

Dark Knight
08-17-2007, 08:19 AM
I forgot Borboran.* ;D

What gives?

Yup. but it seems the rumors arent true. But we'll never know. He might be pulling off a Duncil.* ;D

can you imagine fampulme or aguilar going to class to attend masteral studies?* ::) ;D

Oooops, sorry, something wrong with my post. ;D ;D

Sam Miguel
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Manny Dandan mentioned that REY AGUILAR is a one-and-done deal because of age. Edwin Asoro MIGHT have one more year of eligibility left depending on his birthday.

Mark Borboran, Kelvin Gregorio and Mark Fampulme have used up all eligibility. I am not absolutely sure of Elmer Espiritu, Hans Thiele, Barry Llagas and Toto Bandaying.

I think UP does not have anyone leaving.

batangueño
08-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Manny Dandan mentioned that REY AGUILAR is a one-and-done deal because of age. Edwin Asoro MIGHT have one more year of eligibility left depending on his birthday.

Mark Borboran, Kelvin Gregorio and Mark Fampulme have used up all eligibility. I am not absolutely sure of Elmer Espiritu, Hans Thiele, Barry Llagas and Toto Bandaying.

Asoro still does have one more year of eligibility but then I am thinking that he might do a Ken Bono or a Marvin Cruz- not using his last year of eligibility by seeking the PBA draft in 2008.

Ang UE naman, no wonder na parang it's now or never ang attitude nila this year. Marami ang mawawala sa kanila, most of them key players.

As for UP, Serios and Epres are playing for the last time this year. Hindi ko lang alam si Agbayani.

sa_pula
08-17-2007, 04:09 PM
ndi masteral stud si fampulme..grad sya sa lyceum at 2nd course nya ng bs It sa ue.pero isa sya s mga mawawala sa ue next year.. ;)

cub
08-17-2007, 04:26 PM

Asoro still does have one more year of eligibility but then I am thinking that he might do a Ken Bono or a Marvin Cruz- not using his last year of eligibility by seeking the PBA draft in 2008.

Ang UE naman, no wonder na parang it's now or never ang attitude nila this year. Marami ang mawawala sa kanila, most of them key players.

As for UP, Serios and Epres are playing for the last time this year. Hindi ko lang alam si Agbayani.

pwede pa maglaro si Agbayani kasi hindi naman siya nakapaglaro last season.

batangueño
08-17-2007, 06:19 PM

I see. I was thinking that Agbayani would also graduate this year because he is a batchmate of Ford Arao in San Beda. So, dalawa pa pala sila ni JV, another batchmate of his, na maiiwan next year?

jiggerman04
08-17-2007, 08:51 PM
yup..according to agi pede pa siya nextseason (his 5th yr)..due to his injury last year kaya wala siya sa lineup,,at hindi yun counted sa eligibility nya..

irateluvmachine
08-18-2007, 03:07 AM

I see. I was thinking that Agbayani would also graduate this year because he is a batchmate of Ford Arao in San Beda. So, dalawa pa pala sila ni JV, another batchmate of his, na maiiwan next year?

about time agbayani steps up...though he seems to be showing some improvement in the past few games.

erichubert
08-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I think last year Jervy was in his senior year in college so that means he is in his 5th year this year, if he isn't over the age limit yet, he still has 2 years left. To recap, I think these are the players who are playing their final years:
ADMU- Arao, Laterre (Baldos and Escueta have 2 years left, Tiu has 1 left; whether they come back or make the team is another matter all together.)
DLSU- Ilad, TY, Cholo (Casio and Cua has one more year left)
UP- Serios, Epres (Agbayani- one more year)
UST- Scott (transferee from Lyceum and was teammate of Fampulme), Espiritu, Cortez and Dizon
NU-??? ( Probably Aguilar )
FEU- Reyes (the back up point guard)
UE- Borboran, Gregorio, Fampulme, Canizares
ADU-Cabahug, Hugnatan

Looks like Adamson and UE would be the worst hit by departures next year.

batangueño
08-18-2007, 04:22 PM
NU will be badly hit as well. The Bulldogs are slated to lose Aguilar, Fernandez, Jahnke and Lingao-Lingao in 2008. If Edwin Asoro would do a Ken Bono or a Marvin Cruz by not playing last year of eligibility and seeking the PBA draft next year, you may also add him to the list.

NU, Adamson and UE will be the ones worst hit by the departures. The teams that would remain virtually intact are UP and FEU.

cl.blue.24
08-18-2007, 06:25 PM
I think last year Jervy was in his senior year in college so that means he is in his 5th year this year, if he isn't over the age limit yet, he still has 2 years left. To recap, I think these are the players who are playing their final years:
ADMU- Arao, Laterre (Baldos and Escueta have 2 years left, Tiu has 1 left; whether they come back or make the team is another matter all together.)
UST- Scott (transferee from Lyceum and was teammate of Fampulme), Espiritu, Cortez and Dizon
ADU-Cabahug, Hugnatan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Yuri's last year will be next year. He'll be turning 25 during the February after Season 71.

cub
08-18-2007, 06:52 PM
ADU-Cabahug, Hugnatan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Yuri's last year will be next year. He'll be turning 25 during the February after Season 71.

kung 25 na siya next year, ibig sabihin 20 years old na siya nung grumaduate sa SBC at 19 years old nung naglaro sa Red Cubs? ang alam ko, hanggang 18 years old lang ang juniors sa NC.baka mali ang impormasyon mo.

cl.blue.24
08-18-2007, 08:38 PM
ADU-Cabahug, Hugnatan

kung 25 na siya next year, ibig sabihin 20 years old na siya nung grumaduate sa SBC at 19 years old nung naglaro sa Red Cubs? ang alam ko, hanggang 18 years old lang ang juniors sa NC.baka mali ang impormasyon mo.

He just turned 23 last February. He'll be 24 in 2008 (Season 70), and 25 in 2009 (Season 71), making him ineligible for Season 71.

erichubert
08-19-2007, 02:32 PM
In that case Yuri would only have one year left, I was referring to their playing years, I did not factor the age limit. In any case, I doubt Yuri would be back anyway next season, he is hardly being used right now, and I think there are a lot of up and coming guards in Ateneo's team B ready to come in next year. Same with Baldos.

So is it confirmed that Fernandez, LingaoLingao and Jahnke would leave after this year? I think Fernandez was the batchmate of Jobe so he should be in his senior year only, will he be over 25 too next year? Lingao Lingao would only turn 25 after next year's opening so he should still be within the limit, I just don't know about his playing years because he came from Cebu.

cmq23
08-31-2007, 02:19 PM
ADU-Cabahug, Hugnatan

My friend asked Chris Tiu several weeks ago if he would play next year, and he said he really doesn't know. He said the only reason he's still playing this year is that Ateneo still doesn't want to let him go. He's already graduated with his ME degree, and he's taking another one, BSM AMF, just so he can play. Whether he'll continue with pursuing the second degree or even playing till next year is just a big question mark.

Dark Knight
08-31-2007, 08:05 PM
correct me if im wrong but i think Jobe whatever rookie year was in 2003.

nash_bedista
08-31-2007, 08:13 PM
correct if im wrong, Alam ko nag stop Si Yuri ng 1 yr sa skul

Howard the Duck
08-31-2007, 09:36 PM
last year na ba ni asoro?

batangueño
09-02-2007, 01:34 AM
last year na ba ni asoro?

Not yet. He still has one more year to play for the NU Bulldogs in the UAAP. However, I have this feeling that Asoro might opt not play next year and join the PBA draft.

MVBA
09-02-2007, 01:52 AM
* * *GRADUATING UAAP 70 players, especially those of Visayas-Mindanao origin, are most encouraged to go back to home and see action in the Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association.* By the way, our teams may also be need one or two Tagalog "imports".

irateluvmachine
09-02-2007, 07:42 AM
correct me if im wrong but i think Jobe whatever rookie year was in 2003.

nope. his rookie year was in 2004, then he spent '05 and '06 in the B team.

which means aguilar graduated from baste at the age of 20? alam ko ka-batch niya sina agbayani, arao, walsham, etc...HS class of 2003. si asoro naman, sa tingin ko mga 50-50 yun, he's not really putting up the best numbers of his career so he might want to play out his eligibility. ubelt.com shows him being born in 1984, so he's still within the age limit...

espiritu has one year left...kasama din siya sa HS class of '03, but he joined the UE lineup in '04...

Dark Knight
09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I heard from Magsanoc that UE's Fampulme is also a one year deal. Wala na sya next year.

Guardian Angel
10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Is marcy returning next year?

erichubert
10-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Marcy has one year left, I think he should return as UE still has a good chance to win it all next year.