PDA

View Full Version : School basketball schedules: A disservice to Philippine basketball

pachador
08-14-2007, 01:25 PM
kabalbalan ng UAAP, NCAA at ibang school leagues ???

Bakit ba ang basketball competition ng school leagues katulad ng UAAP at NCAA at CESAFI ay nasa 1st semester? bakit ayaw nila ilipat sa 2nd semester para makasali ang ating young local players sa FIBA tournaments that is held usually in the 1st semester. Katulad nitong Wolrd university games, hindi tayo nakapagpadala ng Basketball team kasi laaht ng local college teams natin ay merong mga games sa UAAP, NCAA or CESAFI, etc.

Ito ang website ng World university games 2007 sa Bangkok:
http://www.bangkok2007.com/en/Sports_and_Events/basketball.shtml

nag-participate ngayon sa World university games sa Bangkok ngayon ang basketball teams ng China , South korea, Taiwan, Kazakhstan, Japan at malalakas na countries sa Europe at Australia. Buti pa mga foreign countries nahahasa mga young players at grassroots program nila

o kaya tingan ninyo ang World FIBA under 19 championships noong July:
http://www.serbia2007.fiba.com/

We always put pressure on the PBA, PBL, MVBA and NBSC, with regards to the grassroots program but ano ba ang nagagawa ng UAAP, NCAA, CESAFI at iba pang school leagues para sa grassroots program? They should move basketball games to the 2nd semester para makalaro yung nga young local players and giants ng ating grassroots program sa international tournaments !!!!

mighty_lion
08-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Paumanhin sayo pachador, pero I dont think kabalbalan is the right term. UAAP, NCAA and etc since has been held every first sem (anyone can correct me if I am wrong). Besides hindi naman yan sinasadyang hindi salihan ng Pilipinas. Kung alam yan ng karamihan me group or organized body na dapat nag-aayos nyan. Not necessarily mali at sinasadya ng organized collegiate leauge. Wala yan sa priority list ng mga schools as obviously we are speaking of student athletes. Maraming aayusin sa ganyan. Id even say mas mahirap yan i-organize kesa sa FIBA Team na pro players ang kinukuha.

pachador
08-14-2007, 01:48 PM
that was the whole point of using kabalbalan, to catch attention* ;)* seriously, how would you suggest our under 19 players get international experience? when fiba-under 19 are held in the 1st semester in july ? that would be a big blow to the grassroots program which precisely targets young players.

Paumanhin sayo pachador, pero I dont think kabalbalan is the right term. UAAP, NCAA and etc since has been held every first sem (anyone can correct me if I am wrong). Besides hindi naman yan sinasadyang hindi salihan ng Pilipinas. Kung alam yan ng karamihan me group or organized body na dapat nag-aayos nyan. Not necessarily mali at sinasadya ng organized collegiate leauge. Wala yan sa priority list ng mga schools as obviously we are speaking of student athletes. Maraming aayusin sa ganyan. Id even say mas mahirap yan i-organize kesa sa FIBA Team na pro players ang kinukuha.

Howard the Duck
08-15-2007, 12:27 AM
UAAP and NCAA na lang yata ang basketball league sa buong mundo na naglalaro tuwing june-october ;D

pachador
08-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Puede rin pala sa 1st semester pero sa mid-september na mag-start ang school leagues hanggat 2nd semester kung gusto nila kasi halos lahat ng FIBA tournaments tapos na by middle of September. see below:

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/cale/fibaCaleAll.asp

For example:

Fiba u-19 world July 12-22
Fiba asia men 28 Jul. 2007 - 5 Aug. 2007
fiba asia u-18 Sept 1
fiba asia U-16 July 1
fiba world u17 july 1

AnthonyServinio
08-15-2007, 08:35 PM
IF there is one body that can be of assistance in this situation in order to compel the school-based leagues to change or synchronize their calendars, it has to be the Commission on Higher Education (CHEd).

bluegirl
08-15-2007, 09:08 PM
sa palagay ko the following are some of the factors that come into play with regards to the scheduling of the college basketball tournaments:
1. venues
2. TV coverage
3. other sports (yes there are other sports besides basketball hahaha :P)
4. PBA draft
5. PBL

another factor to consider, the ncaa has been around for 83 years, meron na bang fiba under 19 tournament or other international tournaments noon to think of? i'm not familiar with the history of either but i'm assuming that this fiba thing is relatively new compared to the ncaa. mahirap naman atang i-expect na pwde na lang basta basta baguhin ung schedule ng isang buong liga ng ganun ganun lang. while i do undertand pachador's sentiments, hindi naman siguro rin fair to make accusations.

yungha
08-16-2007, 12:37 PM
pach,

it makes sense to schedule to the indoor sports during the typhoon season and the outdoor sports during the dry season, which is one reason why basketball is played during the first sem.

BigBlue
08-16-2007, 12:40 PM
while i do undertand pachador's sentiments, hindi naman siguro rin fair to make accusations.

I agree. Gameface has no need for attention-grabbing thread titles like this one has. I'd like to think that forumers here have a more cerebral approach to issues; mods I move that the thread title be changed to something more civil.

pachador
08-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Aliright, lest I be accused of being insensitive to the sensibilities of other posters, can someone suggest a more "civil" but still attention-grabbing title which i will use to replace the above title :) for now , i changed it to a more sedate "School basketball schedules: A disservice to Philippine basketball " .

lo siento

Howard the Duck
08-16-2007, 06:17 PM
while i do undertand pachador's sentiments, hindi naman siguro rin fair to make accusations.

I agree. Gameface has no need for attention-grabbing thread titles like this one has. I'd like to think that forumers here have a more cerebral approach to issues; mods I move that the thread title be changed to something more civil.
parang title ng pelikula sa lifetime TV ang title dati ;D

mangtsito
08-23-2007, 06:15 PM
another factor to consider, the ncaa has been around for 83 years, meron na bang fiba under 19 tournament or other international tournaments noon to think of? i'm not familiar with the history of either but i'm assuming that this fiba thing is relatively new compared to the ncaa.

Exactly. It's not as if the schedules are made to deliberately miss the FIBA tournament.

Anyway, another reason could be that the second sem is usually also the time when seniors are finishing their requirements in order to graduate. This type of pressure is not yet present in the first sem.