PDA

View Full Version : Adornado "fired" by Adamson?

batangueño
08-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I heard from Aaron Atayde earlier today that Adamson "fired" Coach Bogs Adornado and replaced him on the interim by Assistant Coach Jing Ruiz. Any word on this?

john_paul_manahan
08-12-2007, 10:47 PM
no wonder that bogs was just sitting there and he was calling the shots...

but this is one reason why adamson is progressing slowly than what we expect...

batangueño
08-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I watched the entire broadcast myself and it was really Coach Jing who was calling the shots for Adamson while Coach Bogs was just sitting idly on the bench. Kahit sa huddles ng Falcons, si Coach Jing lang ang nagsasalita at tahimik lang na nanonood si Coach Bogs.

Ang sinabi pa ni Aaron kanina, "demoted" daw sa pagiging assistant coach si Coach Bogs at "promoted" si Coach Jing. ???

BigBlue
08-12-2007, 11:29 PM
baka naman "promoted" to "consultant" si bogs.

batangueño
08-12-2007, 11:35 PM

Ha? Eh mas maayos pa yung mga plays ni Jing kaysa sa plays ni Bogs tapos promoted pa to consultant si Bogs? Labo, ano? ;D

bluegirl
08-12-2007, 11:41 PM

consultant but never consulted? ahahaha

JonarSabilano
08-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Napansin ko rin kahapon sa UAAP trivia na "Adamson has had four head coaches in the last four years". Baka next week, maging "...five head coaches in the last four years" na 'yan.

At nandoon ang problema. You can't expect to build a quality team and attract quality recruits if you keep on changing your coaches and your playbooks. Last year was a good year; however, AdU team management just failed to capitalize on the chance.

oca
08-13-2007, 10:32 AM
I've observed Ruiz as head coach of the Letran Squires, the man knows how to communicate with the players. Which to me is very important. Yung Xs and Os napag-aaralan lahat yan, but how to send your message across, iba yun. Maganda rin ang tiempo niya in calling timeouts and making substitutions.

Tanong lang ay. "Hhinog na ba siya for a head coaching job sa level na ito?".

Well, the remaining games of the Falcons should be a good indicator.

bluebruiser90
08-13-2007, 12:10 PM
^He's been an assitant of Coach Louie Alas with the Knights before tagging along with Coach Mel Alas two years ago in joining the Falcons.

Prior to that, he's had stints as head coach of Shark in the PBL. To a certain extent, he does have the experience to run a college team as a head coach.

Sam Miguel
08-13-2007, 12:45 PM
^^^ As a career assistant coach over several seasons in both the amateur and pro ranks Jing Ruiz should have both the experience and the street cred to take over as headcoach for a UAAP college program.

batangueño
08-13-2007, 12:50 PM
bigfreeze_bibby of both gameface and AP said that what had transpired in Adamson yesterday, according to Eric Tipan and TJ Manotoc, was that Nogs still remain as head coach of the Falcons while for yesterday's game, Bogs handed over to Jing Ruiz the instructional chores for a "system" change.

Isn't it just the same as Bogs being "fired" from his job and getting replaced by Jing? ???

oca
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Sam and bb90,

I am not a regular at the PBL and I don’t even read the news about the league. So if he did have a head coaching stint there, then maybe he would have met the minimum requirement on experience so to speak. (I wouldn’t give much importance to one being an assistant to any coach at any team at any league. Importante makita mo kung paano siya magbalasa ng tao at yung timing ng timeout pag dikit ang laro. Asst.coaches don't make those decisions.)

I do admire how Ruiz coached the Squires and suddenly I am wanting to see how the Falcons would fare in their remaining games.

Sam Miguel
08-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Oca, I too am excited how the "Jing Ruiz" Falcons will take on the UAAP now. They did pretty well against FEU. They may have some nasty surprises in store for the likes of Ateneo and Lasalle.

Bennie Bangag
08-15-2007, 08:20 AM
simple lang naman ang sistema ni pareng jing ruiz: play solid defense and the offense will take care of itself. mula pa nung panahon nya sa shark, yan na ang trademark nya.

pero mukhang eksperimento lang ng coaching staff na ipahawak kay ruiz yung FEU game. despite keeping the game close, adamson still lost in crunchtime. samakatuwid, talagang kulang sa tao ang adamson, and no amount of brilliant coaching will offset that.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-15-2007, 08:26 AM
pero mukhang eksperimento lang ng coaching staff na ipahawak kay ruiz yung FEU game. despite keeping the game close, adamson still lost in crunchtime. samakatuwid, talagang kulang sa tao ang adamson, and no amount of brilliant coaching will offset that.

Tingin ko naman dito is that may kakulangan din sa decision making ang mga players na naglaro in crunch time for the Falcons. Kahit anong ganda ng instruction ni coach Jing kung sa loob mas mananaig ang sariling pag-iisip at diskarte ng mga players, yun mga ang magiging outcome nito.

But come to think of it Adamson also fared well against FEU in the first round, kundi lang uminit si Baracael nung last 2 minutes lauching those back breaking threes.

Bennie Bangag
08-15-2007, 08:33 AM
^^ tama ka rin. pag talagang di na-gets ng mga player yung gusto ng coach, sasablay nga pag balikatan na ang laban.

sosyal
08-15-2007, 12:59 PM
tignan nalang natin sa saturday kung sino ang mag cocoach and next season if adornado steppd down as coach will he be in the side on the falcons? as a asst coach and maging coach si jing ruiz? baka nexty game si mon santos ung coach. . i think mon santos and jing ruiz must give credit edit dahil nagpapakahirap sila in practices while adornado ay nakatayo lang at nanood sa mga players

batangueño
08-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Was there really an experiment or was Bogs really replaced by Jing? It was pretty obvious that the Falcons played better basketball with Jing at the helm as compared to Bogs. ;D

Bennie Bangag
08-15-2007, 05:51 PM
^^ the experiment called for bogs to yield the coaching chores to jing ruiz. they should already be playing better as they no longer have any pressure to repeat as semifinalist.

taurus_pride
08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
well, to answer your questions. bogs adornado wasn't fired nor demoted. let's call it trying out another and see what will happen... as for me, coach bogs is not really a head coach material. that's all!

kaybee07
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
well, to answer your questions. bogs adornado wasn't fired nor demoted. let's call it trying out another and see what will happen... as for me, coach bogs is not really a head coach material. that's all!

I guess you are the best source of info when it comes to this topic, mareng taurus.

I agree with you of course. The team responded better to the coaching of Jing Ruiz during the Falcons' last outing. Hopefully we will see him lead the team again in the coming games. Sana sya na lang ang naging head coach ng Adamson from the beginning..

taurus_pride
08-23-2007, 04:54 PM
korek ka jan mare! late na siguro narealize ng adu na di talaga pwede si adornado. nagpakatanga na naman ang adu for the nth time! anong balita sayo?

batangueño
08-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I thought Adamson is willing to give more time to Jing Ruiz than to Bogs Adornado eh sa laro kanina ay si Bogs yung nag-coach all along. ;D

taurus_pride
08-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I thought Adamson is willing to give more time to Jing Ruiz than to Bogs Adornado eh sa laro kanina ay si Bogs yung nag-coach all along. ;D

a okay. i wasnt able to watch the game. so that answers why ganun na naman kalaki ang nilamang ng kalaban. aside from the coach, may mga players kase na pinipilit na itira na lang lagi ang bola e. i dont know kung gusto ba ng mga players na yun na ipanalo ang team nila o pataasin na lang ang stats nila kaya nagbabakaw! nakakabwisit na tuloy manuod ng adu games!!!

bluetruck
08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
i was a fan of bogs when he was still a player for the redmanizers. he was an excellent player. perhaps the phils' best ever catch and shoot guy. but he never had success as a head coach. he had it coming. i was surprised why adamsonr hired him in the first place. his record as a coach speaks for itself. he is probably good as an assistant (for offense) or a shooting coach but never as a head coach. perhaps it's a case of
`peter principle' catching up on bogs.

Wang-Bu
08-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Napapansin ko lang na mas aktibo sa pag-utos sa mga play at diskarte si Coach Jing Ruiz kaysa kay Coach Bogs Adornado. Nung laban nila sa amin kapuna-punang mas madalas tumayo at nagtuturo ng play si Coach Jing, mas vocal din siya pagdating sa recovery sa depensa at sa pag-set ng sona ng Adamson.

taurus_pride
09-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Hopefully, hindi na talaga si Adornado ang magcoach next season. May nabalitaan kase ako na he's trying to prove something sa Adu admin na hindi coach ang problema kundi players. Kaya in the middle of the season e sinubukan si Ruiz to coach the team. Isisi daw ba sa players na sumusunod lang sa gusto niya ang pagiging walang kwenta niyang magcoach!!!

james_ty
09-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Guys, you must know that Bogs didn't last long as Alaska coach in the PBA.

He was replaced by Tim Cone, who still handles the Aces until today.

He did win some championships with Crispa in the PBL, but that was because the Redmanizers had a strong team led by Johnny Abarrientos during that time.

5FootCarrot
09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I suppose that being head coach of a team carries with it some prestige, but I would recommend that Coach Bogs specialize in being a shooting coach. IIRC, that's really his area of expertise, and people who can teach players to shoot better are very rare.

batangueño
09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Bleachers' Brew
Here’s one for the thankless
Rick Olivares
Business Mirror (http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/09102007/sports06.html)

x x x

Lastly, why is Jing Ruiz still referred to as the assistant coach of the Adamson Falcons? We all know it’s him calling the shots not Bogs Adornado. But you have to hand it to these Falcons and coach Jing. They may have another letdown of a season, but they still play plenty tough much to the delight of their never-say-die supporters like Hector Tabuzo. Good luck to Roel Hugnatan (who idolizes Tim Duncan and looks forward to playing with his brother Rey over at Alaska) and Patrick Cabahug who will be turning pro given the chance.

kaybee07
09-25-2007, 03:52 PM
A reliable source said that Bogs Adornado did not say a word to the team after its last game against UP and has not returned to Adamson since then. Could that mean that the Falcons will yet again be coached by a different person next season? That's five coaches in five years!

batangueño
09-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Should Adamson look elsewhere? Anong ginagawa ni Coach Jing Ruiz? Ruiz deserves the position of head coach more than anybody else now. ::)

stat
09-25-2007, 10:57 PM
JING IS COACHING THE TEAM RIGHT NOW E

THE ONLOOKER
02-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Adamson University did not renewed Bogs Adornado's contract which expired last December 31, 2007.

To make this issue clear. ;)