08-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Match-ups?
Strategy?

Howard the Duck
08-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Strategy: Start Gile ;D

eightyfiver
08-10-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm surprised to see more people picking UST to win this one despite of the fact that LaSalle won their first round game.

I think the key here in this game is defense. They say that the dreaded DLSU press is no longer as vicious but it's still there as exemplified by their rally in the second half of their first encounter. UST must try and use their other guards aside from Japs Cuan and Jun Cortez, especially Cortez who easily succumbs and cowers in face of a double team.

On offense, DLSU has the advantage in the guard position. UST has difficulty in keeping in step with the quick moves of Casio and Tang. Both this guys can kill them from inside and outside. So UST, may learn lesson or two from NU's box and 1 since they have this tendency to use only a man-zone. On the other hand, UST's wingmen proves to be unstoppable from the outside if guarded by the smaller guards of DLSU. Jervy Cruz should be double-teamed once inside the paint and try to box him out of his comfort zone.

If this game turns out to be close, it will be DLSU. But if one of UST's wingmen will have a good shooting night, it's their's.

Howard the Duck
08-11-2007, 11:33 PM
no one won since UST in overtime ;D

gameface_one
08-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Tigers beat Archers at last

By Jasmine W. Payo
Inquirer
Last updated 05:49am (Mla time) 08/12/2007

GAMES TODAY (Araneta Coliseum)
2 p.m.—Adamson vs FEU
4 p.m.—UE vs Ateneo

MANILA, Philippines -- University of Santo Tomas finally found a way to beat De La Salle.

The Tigers staged a miraculous comeback as the Archers’ double-digit advantage and confidence fell apart, hacking out an 81-73 overtime triumph yesterday in the UAAP men’s basketball competition at the Araneta Coliseum.

For the second straight time, the Tigers turned to rookie Khasim Mirza, who fired eight of the defending champions’ 12 points in the extra period after nailing a triple in a remarkable 12-0 UST rally in the final 1:57 minutes of regulation.

“Even when we were down by 12 points, I told the boys we have to fight up to the last possession,” said coach Pido Jarencio as the Tigers ended their seven-season losing streak against the Archers.

The victory boosted the Tigers to second place in a tie with the Archers at 5-3 at the start of second round action.

The Tigers, who last won over La Salle in Game 1 of the 1999 Finals, also avenged their 90-86 overtime loss to the Archers in the first round.

Mirza finished with 16 points like Jervy Cruz, who also had 18 boards and a season-best seven blocks.

Earlier, the National U Bulldogs made whipping boys anew of the University of the Philippines Maroons with an 85-66 rout for their fourth triumph in eight games.

The Maroons took their eighth straight loss.

In an uncharacteristic meltdown, the Archers threw away a 12-point advantage, 69-57, in the final two minutes of regulation.

A Mirza triple pushed the Tigers within a bucket, 69-67, with 40.8 seconds remaining, and a June Cortez jumper with 6.7 ticks left forged the extra period, 69-69.

As the Archers continued to struggled, Mirza gave the Tigers the lead for good at 76-71.

The scores:
First Game
NU 85—Jahnke 21, Aguilar 16, Salvado 16, Fernandez 9, Asoro 7, Lingao-Lingao 5, Ponferrada 4, Luy 4, Garcia 2, Catamora 1, Galapon 0, Terso 0, Baloran 0, Malagueño 0, Dela Cruz 0..
UP 66—Gamboa 14, Agbayani 13, Co 12, Rivera 6, De Asis 5, Reyes 5, Marfori 4, Serios 4, Lopez 3, Wong 0, Epres 0.
Quarters: 15-12, 42-36, 62-56, 85-66
Second Game
UST 81—Mirza 16, Cruz 16, Ababou 15, Espiritu 14, Cuan 9, Cortez 4, Canlas 3, Dizon 2, Taylor 2, Scott 0, Gile 0, Allera 0.
LA SALLE 73—Casio 20, Villanueva 15, Mangahas 9, Maierhofer 9, Tang 6, Atkins 4, Ferdinand 4, Cua 3, Walsham 2, Ilad 1, Malabes 0, Co 0.
Quarters: 18-19, 29-34, 49-55, 69-69 (reg), 81-73 (OT)

eightyfiver
08-12-2007, 08:30 AM
For the sake of those who didn't vote, here's the result of our poll:

DLSU in regulation - 27.8%
UST in regulation - 61.1%
UST in overtime - 0
DLSU in overtime - 0
I don't care - 11.1%

In short, nobody got it right! :) Thanks for all those who voted.

This game would probably go down the annals of classic UAAP games.
UST had a total of 12 blocks: Jervy 7, Espiritu 2, Cortez 2, Allera 1. Bukol-bukol mga tira nila Espiritu at Mirza until they exploded in the last 2 minutes of regulation and overtime. I nominate Jervy Cruz for player of the week.

KuyaDanny
08-12-2007, 10:36 PM
As the Archers continued to struggled, Mirza gave the Tigers the lead for good at 76-71.

What is wrong with this sentence?

Howard the Duck
08-12-2007, 10:46 PM

the verb.

flsfnoeraekadad
08-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Looks like a sentence that goes...

La Salle failed to won. ;D

irateluvmachine
08-13-2007, 07:15 AM
tsk.* *>:(

is it just me, or is la salle turning into UAAP's version of choke city?* if memory serves me right, they had quite a few 4th quarter/2nd half collapses in '05.

if la salle "continued to struggled" - ika nga ni jasmine payo - in crunchtime, we may have to say "oh well, maybe next year" as early as now...

davrub2003
08-13-2007, 07:26 AM

the verb.

yes, it's the verb.* mirza is with ust.* so how can he give them the lead?* it should have been the archers gave the tigers the lead after struggling...

quadx
08-13-2007, 11:13 AM
The refs gave UST 49 free throws to La Salle's 18.

Quite a disparity in the calls, don't you think? Those calls in the last minute of the gameagainst La Salle, and the non-call on JV who was mugged on the way to the basket with seconds to go, did the Archers in.

I think the refs won the game, and maybe the people who 'talked' to them. Of course, they just wanted to 'trim' the lead a little, they just went overboard.

Howard the Duck
08-13-2007, 11:59 AM

Quite a disparity in the calls, don't you think? Those calls in the last minute of the gameagainst La Salle, and the non-call on JV who was mugged on the way to the basket with seconds to go, did the Archers in.

I think the refs won the game, and maybe the people who 'talked' to them. Of course, they just wanted to 'trim' the lead a little, they just went overboard.
hack a japs maybe? ;D

davrub2003
08-13-2007, 12:27 PM

Correct!* The Archers were struggling because of the disparity in the calls.* The problem is that it is hard to prove such things.* I think the NBI should be focusing their entrapment operations against game-fixing more on the referees rather than on the players.* The referees have more influence on the outcome of a game, especially in situations were the opposing teams are both good.

And for my disclaimer, I am not saying UST had a hand on this "disparity", although they benefitted from it.* It could have gone the other way, depending on whom the bet is.

pablohoney
08-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Funny thing.
When UST lost to DLSU in the first round, refs were blamed. Coach Pido was even seen flashing the finger at the refs, on national tv at that...howls of "walang breeding", "ganyan ba ang tinuturo sa UST", etc came aplenty.

When DLSU lost to UST in the second round, refs were blamed (again). I don't know if it was seen on tv, but a disgruntled DLSU supporter threw a mineral bottle (?) on the court, causing a minor disruption in the game. I believe it was directed at the refs, and not to the players nor the opposing fans.

Naguguluhan na ang mga kinanang mga refs. San ba sila lulugar? ;D

oca
08-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Kayo ring dalawa ay may excuse na? ;D ;D ;D

Howard the Duck
08-13-2007, 07:13 PM
ayoko nang maging ref ;D

blue scorpion
08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Funny thing.
When UST lost to DLSU in the first round, refs were blamed. Coach Pido was even seen flashing the finger at the refs, on national tv at that...howls of "walang breeding", "ganyan ba ang tinuturo sa UST", etc came aplenty.

When DLSU lost to UST in the second round, refs were blamed (again). I don't know if it was seen on tv, but a disgruntled DLSU supporter threw a mineral bottle (?) on the court, causing a minor disruption in the game. I believe it was directed at the refs, and not to the players nor the opposing fans.

Naguguluhan na ang mga kinanang mga refs. San ba sila lulugar?* ;D

My comment of this statement: I think blaming the refs for a lost is part of the Filipino's mentality of "Kapag natalo, nadaya". This mentality should no longer be part of the athletic arena as losing is always part of athletic competition. However, some people just forget that. Yeah, "ang sakit matalo" especially if you work so hard for the victory. However, when people accept defeat in the athletic arena, he might not have won the game, but he will surely win the respect of his opponents, supporters and the opponent's supporters.

pablohoney
08-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Funny thing.

My comment of this statement: I think blaming the refs for a lost is part of the Filipino's mentality of "Kapag natalo, nadaya". This mentality should no longer be part of the athletic arena as losing is always part of athletic competition. However, some people just forget that. Yeah, "ang sakit matalo" especially if you work so hard for the victory. However, when people accept defeat in the athletic arena, he might not have won the game, but he will surely win the respect of his opponents, supporters and the opponent's supporters.*

Nadale mo beybe! ;D
Well said.
However, iba iba din ang mentalidad ng mga tao. Some would complain to the refs,then move on immediately. Others complaiin to the refs, and complain to the refs, and complain to the refs .... You get my drift. ;)

davrub2003
08-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Funny thing.

Ang refs dapat lumugar sa sense of fairness.* Mahirap nga iprove kung fair ang calls o hindi.* It is all perception lang.* If you are for one team, it may seem the calls are unfair especially if you are losing.* But the only thing going for having suspicions on the officiating is that if there are perceived "disparities", meaning, statistics would show that it is very unusual for such things to happen especially if there were no trends to based on in the past games.* One's perception could be backed up by statistics in order to prove one's case if you want to be more scientific about it.

Even investigations on supposedly game-fixing by players were just based on suspicions but the police were called in to investigate.* The main goal that we want to achieve here is to preserve the integrity of the games.* The plight of the referees, or players, are secondary.

I hope the UAAP should follow NCAA's lead, especially on the case that involves one player from CSB.* And UST being the host of this year's games, should take the initiative.* "Integrity thru sports", they say.

Scout
08-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Jervy Cruz ZERO FOULS pero naka 7 blocks pa siya sa 39 minuto sa loob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAPAKAGALING NAMAN ATA NITONG PLAYER NA ITO TALAGA.

Protektado.

pablohoney
08-14-2007, 08:58 AM
^^ Honesty through sports ata ang theme. :D

^ Really? I thought he had ZERO foul on the fourth quarter. I thought he had at least 2 fouls throughout. ;D

That's a pretty strong accusation, there my friend. Care to shed us more light? I've heard all sorts of stories about Jervy, and a LOT of people are claiming that he is as you say, "protected". Funny thing is, dirung last year's finals, what I heard was everyone (anti-UST) wanted him out of the equation to sort of even things out. What a big turnaround, if you ask me. Anyway, mas mataas na siguro ang rating ng UST sa mga bookies kase defending champs eh. ;)

quadx
08-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Jervy is a 'protected' player.

Watch him closely; he hardly leaves the shaded area, just lifts up his feet-but he never gets called for 3 seconds. He had no fouls against La Salle, ZERO.

They gave 49(29 made) free throws to UST, 18(12 made) to La Salle. A difference of 17 BIG points. The 3 second call against La Salle in the last minutes, an attempt was made, Ferdinand got the rebound, dropped the ball and picked it up again-and a 3 sec. call was made. Very quick 3 secs. really. And yet Jervy pitches camp in the shaded area. No call.

Mikhail
08-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Kayo naman. Ang tindi naman ng 'protected'..

..sabihin nyo na lang, superstar calls. ;D

davrub2003
08-14-2007, 10:44 AM
kaya may mga tao o mga group na "baka" involved in such activities. could be ust, could be la salle, could be ateneo, could be any team, or could not be any of the teams. what was troubling about this game (though i personally think ust played an honest game, not that great (la salle was better) but honest), even atenistas who saw the game thought the game was full of questionable calls which went against la salle. before the game, i bet ateneo supporters have wished la salle would lose the game and they got their wish. after the game, some have pointed out about the absurdity of some calls which went against la salle.

and if anyone would bother to look at the numbers in games since UAAP first started, numbers that tabulate factors that can be attributed to calls made by referees such as freethrows given due to fouls, turnovers, violations, i bet again that this particular game is one for the books.

Howard the Duck
08-14-2007, 10:51 AM
the difference in free throws was "only" 7 points since UST made 19 of 33, while LS made 12 of 18.

japs had 7 FTs.

and LS compensated with 68 FGA, as compared to UST's 51. Not to mention UST had more TOs than LS. ;D

davrub2003
08-14-2007, 10:53 AM

^ Really? I thought he had ZERO foul on the fourth quarter. I thought he had at least 2 fouls throughout. ;D

That's a pretty strong accusation, there my friend. Care to shed us more light? I've heard all sorts of stories about Jervy, and a LOT of people are claiming that he is as you say, "protected". Funny thing is, dirung last year's finals, what I heard was everyone (anti-UST) wanted him out of the equation to sort of even things out. What a big turnaround, if you ask me. Anyway, mas mataas na siguro ang rating ng UST sa mga bookies kase defending champs eh. ;)

pablohoney, i wish you didn't write that last sentence, toungue-in-cheek or not. *don't we all wish that gambling should not, and never be a part of the UAAP? *whether it is done by outsiders or not.
no superstar calls or what have you. *it should be a level playing field for all teams. *

davrub2003
08-14-2007, 11:06 AM
the difference in free throws was "only" 7 points since UST made 19 of 33, while LS made 12 of 18.

japs had 7 FTs.

and LS compensated with 68 FGA, as compared to UST's 51. Not to mention UST had more TOs than LS. ;D

it is not the no. of free throws made that matters, it is the no. of opportunities given to a team to score thru free throws -- whether that affects the outcome of a game or not.*

same as with la salle's protest against ateneo.* the violation still happened even if it did not affect the game results.* as @#%$&# as one could get, the tech committee shot down the protest for the wrong reason.* they could have just said:* ok, la salle, you're correct in your protest.* but since the uaap still doesn't know what to do in this situation, we will just leave it at that.* okay and everybody's happy.* but i digress.

Howard the Duck
08-14-2007, 01:01 PM

japs had 7 FTs.

it is not the no. of free throws made that matters, it is the no. of opportunities given to a team to score thru free throws -- whether that affects the outcome of a game or not.

same as with la salle's protest against ateneo. the violation still happened even if it did not affect the game results. as @#%$&# as one could get, the tech committee shot down the protest for the wrong reason. they could have just said: ok, la salle, you're correct in your protest. but since the uaap still doesn't know what to do in this situation, we will just leave it at that. okay and everybody's happy. but i digress.

it is not the wrong things that matter on the whole game that matter, it was the the booboos by the refs on the last 2 minutes, especially the offensive foul on t@ng. that in itself was the gatorade game-turning point. LS lost their will to win at that point.

and f LS won, would you be yapping about this?

pablohoney
08-14-2007, 02:32 PM

pablohoney, i wish you didn't write that last sentence, toungue-in-cheek or not. *don't we all wish that gambling should not, and never be a part of the UAAP? *whether it is done by outsiders or not.
no superstar calls or what have you. *it should be a level playing field for all teams. *

You are right. My bad. I was trying to see things your way, kaya lang talagang di ko carry. ;D

@ Howard: ^ A question that was also lingering in my mind. ;)

nightowl
08-14-2007, 09:00 PM
The stats say that UST was awarded 49 free throws, and they made 29. La Salle made 12 of 18, so the difference in points is 17.

As others have mentioned, in other areas of the game like FGAs and turnovers, La Salle was clearly superior. Sadly, the fouls against La Salle and non-calls on UST (Jervy no fouls???) can quickly negate that superiority, and turn the game around. It is so easy to control a game, for the refs, that is.

That, sadly, is how games or sports where referees are sooooo important (basketball, boxing-judges, ice skating/dancing-judges again), questions will always exist, and the wooing of referees and judges by competitors will always happen-not to mention those in the gambling business.

Howard the Duck
08-15-2007, 12:23 AM
but the thing is, even with the so-called biased officiating, LS was still leading by the 2 minute warning. they could've still won the game. that's why I mentioned the gatorade game turning point. it doesn't matter how many times the officials screw you, it is when they screw you. ;D

davrub2003
08-15-2007, 05:26 AM

japs had 7 FTs.

it is not the no. of free throws made that matters, it is the no. of opportunities given to a team to score thru free throws -- whether that affects the outcome of a game or not.*

same as with la salle's protest against ateneo.* the violation still happened even if it did not affect the game results.* as @#%$&# as one could get, the tech committee shot down the protest for the wrong reason.* they could have just said:* ok, la salle, you're correct in your protest.* but since the uaap still doesn't know what to do in this situation, we will just leave it at that.* okay and everybody's happy.* but i digress.

it is not the wrong things that matter on the whole game that matter, it was the the booboos by the refs on the last 2 minutes, especially the offensive foul on t@ng. that in itself was the gatorade game-turning point. LS lost their will to win at that point.

i probably would not if LS won this game.* but if someone raised this issue (biased officiating) from the other side, i will support their opinions especially if there is a reason to do so.* like i've said, it should be a level playing field for all teams.* cheers.

Scout
08-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Kayo naman. Ang tindi naman ng 'protected'..

..sabihin nyo na lang, superstar calls. ;D

Ganun na rin yun! ;)

Superstar ng host school, vying for MVP honors...eh kung ma foul out yan ....tagilid!

Ranger
08-15-2007, 09:21 AM
but the thing is, even with the so-called biased officiating, LS was still leading by the 2 minute warning. they could've still won the game. that's why I mentioned the gatorade game turning point. it doesn't matter how many times the officials screw you, it is when they screw you. ;D

The refs called 4 fouls on DLSU in the last two minutes. This gave UST 5 freethrows and prevented the time from running...

Coolmanny
08-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Jervy Cruz no fouls in 39 minutes??! I remember ilang games din syang na foul trouble, di ba pwedeng natututo yung bata na mag pacing at dumepensa nang malinis?

May mga tao talagang parang yung kalbong naka berde na nakaupo sa may game officials nung sabado

Howard the Duck
08-15-2007, 10:20 PM

The refs called 4 fouls on DLSU in the last two minutes. This gave UST 5 freethrows and prevented the time from running...
maybe there were really fouls, or what appeared to be fouls, at the point?

bananafrap
08-15-2007, 10:45 PM
jervy cruz is a legend. hanep ah, zero fouls with 7 blocks pa! has anyone ever done this? meron cguro sa nba hehe. pero nakakagulat lng un stats nya, he played for 39 minutes with 18 rebounds and 7 blocks with no fouls to his name! that's amazing kaya! tapos it's only his second year sa uaap! or is it because mashadong maliit lng ang players ng lasalle?? hehe! pero seryus nga, malinis tlga un mga blocks nya? walang contact at all lahat? i guess kung ganun nga, he's a monster tlga! galing eh!

Howard the Duck
08-15-2007, 10:49 PM
baka natuto nang mag-manage ng fouls, lagi kasi siyang foul last year ;D

IMO, another reason for LS's loss was Jvee's injury.

at parang dios nga ang mga archers, kasi lahat ng rason ng pagkatalo nila, hindi sa kanila nanggaling ;D

Ranger
08-16-2007, 07:59 AM

It's like being in penalty situation in the first 2mins of the game but why would you want to do that if you had a 12pt lead?

Howard the Duck
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM

It's like being in penalty situation in the first 2mins of the game but why would you want to do that if you had a 12pt lead?

they screwed up?

Lasallians can't seem to think of the GA as screwing up :D

Ranger
08-16-2007, 10:28 AM

they screwed up?

Lasallians can't seem to think of the GA as screwing up :D

Yes, DLSU screwed up in part... the refs screwed us the other part!

quadx
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM
I think the referees are certainly managing the games.

If true, this is not good for the game. Some investigation should be done. A 49 to 18 free throw difference is certainly more than enough to change the outcome of any game. Even if the game was won in the last seconds, the referees obviously were in control, and managing to keep the game at least close enough so that the final score would be "in their favor", or those of their benefactors.

I think when the lead ballooned to 12, they had to bring that down, so the questionable calls. They may have overdone it a bit, though. Ahit lang sana yon.

davrub2003
08-16-2007, 11:44 AM
I think the referees are certainly managing the games.

If true, this is not good for the game. Some investigation should be done. A 49 to 18 free throw difference is certainly more than enough to change the outcome of any game. Even if the game was won in the last seconds, the referees obviously were in control, and managing to keep the game at least close enough so that the final score would be "in their favor", or those of their benefactors.

I think when the lead ballooned to 12, they had to bring that down, so the questionable calls. They may have overdone it a bit, though. Ahit lang sana yon.

quadx, the referees have to overdo it because la salle had a 12-point lead!*

uh-oh!* parang nasabi ko yata na la salle talaga ang nanalo kung hindi lang sila na screw-up ng mga referees and that ust has nothing to brag about even if they have nothing to do with the screwing-up.

oca
08-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Ano pa man ang ibintang sa mga referees, had the Archers played smart, that was supposed to be a won ballgame.

120 seconds and a 12 point lead!

Kahit mag shot clock violation ang Archers at every possession, UST would be hard pressed to score 12 points on their own possessions.

Granting, the refs were baby sitting the point spreads, Dos por Dos por Santo, how could one team give up 12 pts in 120 seconds and not score one more point at their end.

Teka, pinagbawalan ba ng refs na tuimira ang DLSU? May sinabi ba ang ref na hindi na kayo pwedeng umiskor?

Huwag na maghanap ng sisi.

Ilang araw na ang lumipas... Dalawang bagyo na dumating...

Move on.

pablohoney
08-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Actually, yung first round game ng UST-DLSU, marami ang tawag na naging pabor sa DLSU.
Tit for tat? ;)
Yun nga lang... talagang mahirap tanggapin ang pagkatalo ng DLSU dahil 12 points ang lamang going into the final 2 minutes, nagawa pang makatabla ang kalaban? Ouch talaga.

And yes,before I forget.
Jervy Cruz fouled out with about 3 minutes to go nung game 3 Finals last year, in regulation, but UST still found a way to win and get that championship. In overtime. Superstar? Para sa mga Thomasians, YES!!!!! ;D

japs had 7 FTs.

i probably would not if LS won this game.* but if someone raised this issue (biased officiating) from the other side, i will support their opinions especially if there is a reason to do so.* like i've said, it should be a level playing field for all teams.* cheers.

Howard the Duck
08-16-2007, 04:08 PM
basta. hindi nag chochoke ang LS. Laging dinadaya lang sila ::)

flsfnoeraekadad
08-16-2007, 05:58 PM
I watched the replay... and I think it did not help the recovery process. ;D

freak
08-16-2007, 11:36 PM
I watched the replay... and I think it did not help the recovery process. ;D

felt the same when i watched the ADMU-UE replay ;D

eightyfiver
08-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Re: Jervy Cruz, the guy is really fun to watch. More so when you're watching it live. For a basketball fan, you'd really get your money's worth. He really mastered the art of rebounding. Pag medyo mag-isa lang, kinakalawit. Kapag maraming kalaban, tatapik-tapikin niya hanggang sa mapunta sa kaniya. Or ita-tapik niya sa kakampi niya. The replay showed that his blocks were clean including some on taller opponents like Maierhoffer and Ilad. I think he stands only 6'3" but plays taller than his height.

pablohoney
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Agree. Kaya ganun na lang ang paghihimutuk ng iba jan kase talagang kakaiba si Jervy Cruz. ;D
Hindi kalakihan pero hayuf kumuha ng rebounds, at halos sure two points na kapag nakuha ang bola sa ilalim.
Tapos gumaganda na rin ang defense niya (blocking shots) as proven last game. I watched the replay at CLEAN ang mga tapal niya, gunggong lang ang magsasabi ng otherwise. ;D

Re: Jervy Cruz, the guy is really fun to watch. More so* when you're watching it* live. For a basketball fan, you'd really get your money's worth.* He really mastered the art of rebounding. Pag medyo mag-isa lang, kinakalawit. Kapag maraming kalaban, tatapik-tapikin niya hanggang sa mapunta sa kaniya. Or ita-tapik niya sa kakampi niya. The replay showed that his blocks were clean including some on* taller opponents* like Maierhoffer and* Ilad. I think he stands only 6'3" but plays taller than his height.

davrub2003
08-17-2007, 11:30 AM
wala naman yata sa thread na ito na pumintas directly on jervy cruz' skills as a basketball player.* ang mga na question lang ay yung calls ng refs at yung absurdity of jervy not being called with a single fall in this game which is very unlikely of jervy but nonetheless, it is still possible for jervy to really have played a very good game.

yung mga kampi sa dlsu ang mga posts were mainly targeted towards the manner of officiating although may konting pa-daplis against sa uste, hehe.

Agree. Kaya ganun na lang ang paghihimutuk ng iba jan kase talagang kakaiba si Jervy Cruz. ;D
Hindi kalakihan pero hayuf kumuha ng rebounds, at halos sure two points na kapag nakuha ang bola sa ilalim.
Tapos gumaganda na rin ang defense niya (blocking shots) as proven last game. I watched the replay at CLEAN ang mga tapal niya, gunggong lang ang magsasabi ng otherwise. ;D

Re: Jervy Cruz, the guy is really fun to watch. More so* when you're watching it* live. For a basketball fan, you'd really get your money's worth.* He really mastered the art of rebounding. Pag medyo mag-isa lang, kinakalawit. Kapag maraming kalaban, tatapik-tapikin niya hanggang sa mapunta sa kaniya. Or ita-tapik niya sa kakampi niya. The replay showed that his blocks were clean including some on* taller opponents* like Maierhoffer and* Ilad. I think he stands only 6'3" but plays taller than his height.

pablohoney
08-17-2007, 06:15 PM
^ Doon din pupunta ang usapan eh. ;D

Anyway siguro talagang GREAT game all-around ang pimakita ni Jervy nung araw na iyun.
Let's give credit where credit is due.
Tutal, naghintay naman siya ng panahon niya to show his wares, eh.
If I'm not mistaken, he languished for 1-2 years sa Team B before siya hinugot ni Coach Pido.

And I heard na dapat sa FEU talaga siya magta-tryout... Dumaan lang muna sa UST kase he heard may tryout, pero sa FEU niya talaga gusto.

Buti na lang, ganun ang nangyari. ;D