wala pang thread para sa Season 83 juniors, so here it is... ;D

standings after July 30 games:

CSJL 5-1
SBC 4-2
SSC-R 4-2
CSB/LSGH 2-4
JRU 2-4
UPHD 1-5

ryan buenafe looks like a shoo-in for the MVP award, other possibilities for the mythical 5 include niko salva and la revilla (SBC), arvie bringas (SSC-R) and kevin alas and jm noble (CSJL).

any info on some of the other top players?

mighty_lion
07-31-2007, 11:16 PM
I wonder if this will be the seeding come final four. Medyo mahirap pa i-predict. SBC and SSC will definetly be gunning for a win against CSJL sa second round. Patayan ito. ;D

CSJL 5-1
SBC 4-2
SSC-R 4-2
CSB/LSGH 2-4

irateluvmachine
08-01-2007, 12:36 PM
LSGH should show some consistency...they have a couple good big men in martin reyes and christian dela paz. they upset letran and beda in the first round, pero talo naman sa perennial doormat na UPHD...

AnthonyServinio
08-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Latest Standings:

Letran 6-1
San Sebastian 5-2
San Beda 4-3
Jose Rizal 3-4
La Salle-Greenhills 2-5
Perpetual Help 1-6

August 6 results -- The Arena

San Sebastian d. San Beda, 79-77
Jose Rizal d. Perpetual Help, 96-73
Letran d. La Salle-Greenhills, 113-96

gameface_one
08-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Squires clinch first semis seat, whip Greenies

The Philippine Star

Letran drew solid games from John Noble and Kevin Alas as it blasted La Salle-Greenhills, 113-96, to gain the first Final Four spot in the juniors division of the 83rd NCAA basketball tournament at The Arena in San Juan City.

Noble uncorked 29 points and hauled down 18 rebounds while Alas scored 24 for the Squires, who improved to 6-1.

"This is really our goal, to make the semifinals," said Letran mentor Elmer Latonio in Filipino.

The Greenies fell to 2-5.

Earlier, Ryan Buenafe fired 28 points while Arvie Bringas tossed in 14 as San Sebastian repulsed San Beda, 79-77, to zero in on a Final Four berth.

Buenafe and Bringas, easily the high school basketball’s best frontline tandem, also combined for 33 rebounds as they powered the Staglets to their fifth victory in seven games for second behind the pacesetting Letran Squires (6-1).

Buenafe converted two foul shots off Leeward Lobaton’s foul with 13.4 seconds to cap the victory for the three-peat seeking squad.

The Red Cubs actually had the chance to snatch the win but Anton Altamirano’s desperation three-pointer missed its target as time expired. San Beda dropped to 4-3.

"I told my players that things will not be easy in our quest for a Final Four seat, much more our bid to repeat as champions. We can achieve it if we play hard every game," said SSC mentor Raymund Valenzona.

It was sweet revenge for San Sebastian, which dropped a 73-83 setback to San Beda in the first round.

In the second game, Bon Jovi Cipriano scored 28 points as Jose Rizal blasted Perpetual Help, 96-73, for its third win against four defeats.

It was the Altalettes’ sixth loss against a win.

Global Greenie
08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Is there a way to get the league leader's statistics?

The only available info in ncaa.org.ph are individual game statistics. Can someone get averages and come up with league leader stats in hopefully all aspects?

Thanks.

irateluvmachine
08-10-2007, 12:34 PM

The only available info in ncaa.org.ph are individual game statistics. Can someone get averages and come up with league leader stats in hopefully all aspects?

Thanks.

your wish is my command. :D

been tabulating all UAAP seniors and NCAA seniors/juniors stats on excel (points, rebounds, assists mostly), and here's what i came up with for the juniors division.

(after 7 games)

SCORING:
1. Ryan Buenafe (SSC-R) - 32.29
2. BJ Cipriano (JRU) - 28.71
3. Kevin Alas (CSJL) - 26.00
4. JM Noble (CSJL) - 21.29
5. Martin Reyes (LSGH) - 17.86
6T. Christian Dela Paz (LSGH) - 17.00
6T. Arvie Bringas (SSC-R) - 17.00
8. Jasper Agovida (JRU) - 16.57
9. Niko Salva (SBC) - 16.43
10T. Raffy Gusi (SSC-R) - 14.14
10T. Joel Jolangcob (UPHD) - 14.14

REBOUNDING:

1. Arvie Bringas (SSC-R) - 14.57
2. Martin Reyes (LSGH) - 13.71
3. JM Noble (CSJL) - 12.14
4T. Jasper Agovida (JRU) - 12.00
4T. Ric Madlangbayan (JRU) - 12.00
6. Christian Dela Paz (LSGH) - 11.14
7. Niko Salva (SBC) - 10.71
8. Ryan Buenafe (SSC-R) - 10.00

ASSISTS:

1. Ryan Buenafe (SSC-R) - 8.29
2. Joel Jolangcob (UPHD) - 6.57
3. LA Revilla (SBC) - 6.43
4. Miguel Reyes (LSGH) - 5.43
5. Ryan Monteclaro (SBC) - 5.19

lupit talaga ni buenafe...mala-magic/lebron/oscar robertson na stats...32.29/10.00/8.29, near triple double yun! ;D

mighty_lion
08-10-2007, 07:48 PM
lupit talaga ni buenafe...mala-magic/lebron/oscar robertson na stats...32.29/10.00/8.29, near triple double yun! ;D

Thanks irateluvmachine. Ang bangis nung stats nung Buenafe. Tiyak magkakandarapa ang mga teams i-recruit yan for college ball kahit na napapabalitang nagpapraktis na yan sa Moro.

Global Greenie
08-11-2007, 01:49 AM

Thanks.

your wish is my command.* :D

been tabulating all UAAP seniors and NCAA seniors/juniors stats on excel (points, rebounds, assists mostly), and here's what i came up with for the juniors division.

(after 7 games)

SCORING:
1.* Ryan Buenafe (SSC-R) - 32.29
2.* BJ Cipriano (JRU) - 28.71
3.* Kevin Alas (CSJL) - 26.00
4.* JM Noble (CSJL) - 21.29
5.* Martin Reyes (LSGH) - 17.86
6T.* Christian Dela Paz (LSGH) - 17.00
6T.* Arvie Bringas (SSC-R) - 17.00
8.* Jasper Agovida (JRU) - 16.57
9.* Niko Salva (SBC) - 16.43
10T. Raffy Gusi (SSC-R) - 14.14
10T. Joel Jolangcob (UPHD) - 14.14

REBOUNDING:

1.* Arvie Bringas (SSC-R) - 14.57
2.* Martin Reyes (LSGH) - 13.71
3.* JM Noble (CSJL) - 12.14
4T. Jasper Agovida (JRU) - 12.00
4T. Ric Madlangbayan (JRU) - 12.00
6.* Christian Dela Paz (LSGH) - 11.14
7.* Niko Salva (SBC) - 10.71
8.* Ryan Buenafe (SSC-R) - 10.00

ASSISTS:

1.* Ryan Buenafe (SSC-R) - 8.29
2.* Joel Jolangcob (UPHD) - 6.57
3.* LA Revilla (SBC) - 6.43
4.* Miguel Reyes (LSGH) - 5.43
5.* Ryan Monteclaro (SBC) - 5.19

Many thanks for this! Appreciate it.

May I have you permission to paste in this another forum? Thanks.

irateluvmachine
08-11-2007, 03:46 AM
^sige...saang forum ba? mukhang safe naman na i-post kahit saan...these were all compiled from the boxscores on ncaa.org.ph... ;D

Global Greenie
08-11-2007, 08:45 AM
^sige...saang forum ba? mukhang safe naman na i-post kahit saan...these were all compiled from the boxscores on ncaa.org.ph... ;D

Wanted to share with fellow La Salle folks sana. There are 3 Greenies in your post kasi.

Agree with you that data/stats are safe. Do I take that for a yes? Thanks.

peyups-La Salle
08-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Sayang tlga LSGH..Wonder kung sila Salva,Sia,Babilonia and Fran are in this year's lineup joined by the reyes and dela paz...ang lakas siguro nila.. sayang tlga..

BLUE HORSE
08-11-2007, 04:39 PM
You forgot to mention Revilla and Altamirano who first transferred to Beda as a package deal. Sia's problem at LSGH was different from the others. My understanding was that his parents transferred him to another school because of academic concerns.

It came down to coach or the players. Administration sided with coach Amador. The players family/guardians made the decision to transfer to Ato Badolato starting with Revilla and Altamirano. They were followed by Babilonia and Salva. Fran was also suppose to transfer out of LSGH at the same time as Salva. There was a change of heart about transferring but not playing for coach Amador. Fran played for LSGH team in the Passarelle.

irateluvmachine
08-13-2007, 07:05 AM

Wanted to share with fellow La Salle folks sana. There are 3 Greenies in your post kasi.

sorry for the delay, pare...

feel free to repost my stats anywhere. ;D another update coming up in a couple days, provided the ncaa website updates the juniors stats on tuesdays as it usually does...

Sam Miguel
08-13-2007, 11:13 AM
^^^ Irate, are ALL of these statistical leaders graduating this year?

I thought the Alas boys and Cipriano were underclassmen?

irateluvmachine
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
^^^ Irate, are ALL of these statistical leaders graduating this year?

I thought the Alas boys and Cipriano were underclassmen?

nope. most, but not all are graduating...

if i'm not mistaken, jun alas is graduating while kevin alas is in his junior year, class of '09. dunno about cipriano...graduating din ata siya.

Global Greenie
08-13-2007, 10:51 PM

sorry for the delay, pare...

feel free to repost my stats anywhere.* ;D another update coming up in a couple days, provided the ncaa website updates the juniors stats on tuesdays as it usually does...

Would you also have stats on the MVP race? Given that Buenafe is a shoo in. Who are other contenders? How about ROY?

AnthonyServinio
08-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Latest Standings:

Letran 7-1
San Sebastian 6-2
San Beda 5-3
Jose Rizal 3-5
La Salle-Greenhills 2-6
Perpetual Help 1-7

August 13 results -- The Arena

Letran d. Jose Rizal, 107-96
San Sebastian d. La Salle-Greenhills, 81-76
San Beda d. Perpetual Help, 103-82

gameface_one
08-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Squires firm up bid for twice-to-beat edge

The Philippine Star

Letran solidified its bid of earning a twice-to-beat advantage in the Final Four as it downed host school Jose Rizal University, 107-96, Monday in the 83rd NCAA junior’s basketball tournament at The Arena in San Juan.

Forward John Noble fired 34 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, while ace guard Kevin Alas contributed 21 markers, with eight boards and six assists as the Squires extended their winning streak to seven games.

The win solidified Letran’s grip for the overall lead with a 7-1 card.

"Our next goal is to get the twice-to-beat advantage," said Letran mentor Elmer Latonio.

The Squires, who made it to the semis for the first time since 2004, also got solid numbers from Darryl Reforsado (19 points), Kristoffer Alas (16 points) and Glenn Khonbuntin (12 points).

Keith Agovida had 32 points and 16 rebounds while Bon Jovi Cipriano added 20 markers for the Light Bombers, who fell to 3-5.

On the other hand, defending champion San Sebastian College formalized its entry into the semifinals, beating CSB-La Salle Greenhills, 81-76, in the second game.

Ryan Buenafe scored 36 points to lead the Staglets, who improved to 6-2 while dealing the Juniors Blazers their sixth defeat in eight games.

irateluvmachine
08-14-2007, 09:59 AM
^Global Greenie - nope, no stats on the mvp race. dunno what formula the NCAA uses for statistical points, and i'm only tallying the basic three - points, rebounds, assists - and minutes, para may per-40 averages din ako.

wala pang update sa NCAA site para sa juniors stats...hopefully it'll be there by later...

irateluvmachine
08-17-2007, 03:42 AM
statistical leaders after 8 games:

SCORING:
1. Buenafe (SSC-R) 32.75
2. Cipriano (JRU) 27.63
3. Alas Kev. (CSJL) 25.38
4. Noble (CSJL) 22.88
5. Salva (SBC) 19.25
6. Agovida (JRU) 18.50
7. Reyes Mart. (LSGH) 18.13
8. Dela Paz (LSGH) 17.00
9. Bringas (SSC-R) 16.62
10. Jolangcob (UPHD) 14.88

REBOUNDING:
1. Bringas (SSC-R) 14.00
2. Reyes Mart. (LSGH) 12.88
3. Agovida (JRU) 12.50
4T. Noble (CSJL) 12.13
4T. Madlangbayan (JRU) 12.13
6. Salva (SBC) 11.50
7. Dela Paz (LSGH) 11.25
8. Buenafe (SSC-R) 10.00

ASSISTS:
1. Buenafe (SSC-R) 8.00
2. Jolangcob (UPHD) 6.75
3. Revilla (SBC) 6.43
4. Reyes Mig. (LSGH) 6.00
5. Monteclaro (SBC) 5.38

STAT LINE OF THE WEEK - Niko Salva (SBC) - 39 pts, 17 reb, 4 ast (vs. UPHD)

eightyfiver
08-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Mas interesting yata ang labanan sa juniors. Mas match. Lupit ng scoring leaders.

oreo
08-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Can someone post the height of the following:

Dela Paz-LSGH

Martin Reyes-LSGH

Bringas-SSBC

Noble-Letran

Alas-Letran

Thanks.

irateluvmachine
08-19-2007, 04:52 PM
^reference - NSL homepage (for the LSGH players) and letran's homepage for the CSJL players.

ian dela paz - 6'3
martin reyes - 6'2
arvie bringas - 6'3 or 6'4
jm noble - 6'2

which alas would you be referring to? if it's kevin, the letran website has him listed as 6'2 but i doubt it...mga 5'10-5'11 lang ata yun. jun alas is 6'2 or 6'3...

oreo
08-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Are there any 6'5" players in the NCAA juniors?

There seems to be quite a number of 6-2 and 6-3 tandems in the current NCAA juniors dominating the league. The La Salle Greenhills tandem is quite disappointing to think their team is languishing near the bottom. The last time I saw a tandem of dominating big men in the juniors was JR Reyes-JC Intal and Rico Villanueva-Wesley Gonzales. I don't recall Intal and Reyes' listed heights but Villlanueva and Gonzales were both listed at 6-3. By the time Villanueva played in the seniors, he was already 6-5 and beefed up.

Initially, I was under the impression that the current NCAA junior players are taller than their UAAP counterparts because of the rebound stats they post. The best bigmen in the UAAP mostly came from the NCAA juniors.

Webb is around 6-2 or 6-3 while Bugarin is 6-2. I don't know about the other teams though if they have tall players. FEU-fern has always had tall and lean players. I don't know this year.

toti_mendiola
08-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Japeth Aguilar and Mike Galinato of the Mapua Red Robins though they would end up losing in the championship to the Menor-Taganas led Red Cubs.

oreo
08-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Those are tall frontline combinations!!!

JR Reyes and Intal turned out to be 6-7 and 6-4.

Aguilar and Galinato 6-8 and 6-5.

In the 90s, I think UST had Feihl, Aquino and Pineda who were 7", 6'9" and 6'7", respectively.

I agree that the best bigmen come from the NCAA.

cub
08-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Those are tall frontline combinations!!!

JR Reyes and Intal turned out to be 6-7 and 6-4.

Aguilar and Galinato 6-8 and 6-5.

In the 90s, I think UST had Feihl, Aquino and Pineda who were 7", 6'9" and 6'7", respectively.

I agree that the best bigmen come from the NCAA.

di ba adamson si Aquino at Feihl?

bugleboy
08-20-2007, 11:06 AM
^i think ust sila nag-high school, pero nag-adamson sa college.

irateluvmachine
08-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Are there any 6'5" players in the NCAA juniors?

There seems to be quite a number of 6-2 and 6-3 tandems in the current NCAA juniors dominating the league. The La Salle Greenhills tandem is quite disappointing to think their team is languishing near the bottom. The last time I saw a tandem of dominating big men in the juniors was JR Reyes-JC Intal and Rico Villanueva-Wesley Gonzales. I don't recall Intal and Reyes' listed heights but Villlanueva and Gonzales were both listed at 6-3. By the time Villanueva played in the seniors, he was already 6-5 and beefed up.*

Initially, I was under the impression that the current NCAA junior players are taller than their UAAP counterparts because of the rebound stats they post. The best bigmen in the UAAP mostly came from the NCAA juniors.

Webb is around 6-2 or 6-3 while Bugarin is 6-2. I don't know about the other teams though if they have tall players. FEU-fern has always had tall and lean players. I don't know this year.

i don't think so.

bringas appears to be the tallest player seeing quality minutes at 6'3-6'4. letran has a 6'4 player according to their lineup, john emmanuel castillo, pero binabangko ata...i only saw his name in the first game's boxscores.

oreo
08-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Feihl, Aquino and Pineda went to UST highschool. They transferred to Adamson for college. Ironically, I think UST's 4-peat started on EJ Feihl's last year. In other words, UST did not need Feihl and company to form a strong team.

Unlike the UST 4-peat team which had different starting line-ups every year, San Sebastian had a freshman fab five that was so good they won it all in their first year.

In San Sebastian's 4 -peat team, did anyone come from NCAA juniors?

How did LSGH perform last year when you consider they had Batricevic, Ferdinand, Dela Paz and Martin Reyes?

Who do you think will be the NCAA juniors champ this year?

Who will be the mythical 5 and 10?

Howard the Duck
08-20-2007, 10:50 PM
LSGH's team finished 5-7 last year, out of the final 4

irateluvmachine
08-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Feihl, Aquino and Pineda went to UST highschool. They transferred to Adamson for college. Ironically, I think UST's 4-peat started on EJ Feihl's last year. In other words, UST did not need Feihl and company to form a strong team.

Unlike the UST 4-peat team which had different starting line-ups every year, San Sebastian had a freshman fab five that was so good they won it all in their first year.*

In San Sebastian's 4 -peat team, did anyone come from NCAA juniors?* *

How did LSGH perform last year when you consider they had Batricevic, Ferdinand, Dela Paz and Martin Reyes?

wala na si batricevic last year sa LSGH...i believe he graduated in 2004 or 2005...

christian
08-21-2007, 03:37 PM

Unlike the UST 4-peat team which had different starting line-ups every year, San Sebastian had a freshman fab five that was so good they won it all in their first year.*

In San Sebastian's 4 -peat team, did anyone come from NCAA juniors?

5-peat yan pare. Who was the coach then? I clearly remember, it was Bai Cristobal who was always standing in the sidelines. But the credit goes to Turo Valenzona, how come?

oca
08-21-2007, 05:33 PM

In San Sebastian's 4 -peat team, did anyone come from NCAA juniors?* *

5-peat yan pare. Who was the coach then? I clearly remember, it was Bai Cristobal who was always standing in the sidelines. But the credit goes to Turo Valenzona, how come?

Para sa kasagutan, look at the Red Cubs. For many years now, Señor Badolato has kept himself in his seat and allowed Rene Baena to do the "micro coaching" from the sidelines.The other assistant coaches, whatever they have to share, they don't say it to Badolato but to Baena. For many game situations, you would see Baena moving those magnets on the white board during huddles.

What is clear is this. Coach Ato has the final say on the line-up to begin with. Then during games, siya lang ang pwedeng tumawag ng time out at magbalasa ng tao.

Ano man ang nakikita ng publiko sa sidelines, is just the arrangement or set up they have agreed. Pero kung sino ang kinikilalang head coach ay malinaw sa lahat at sa kanya ang credit for those victories and even defeats.

Bukas, magkasunod ang laro Red Cubs at Red Lions. Kung aagahan niyo ang punta sa Arena, mao-obserbahan ninyo. Alas doce ang laban ng Red Cubs kontra Light Bombers.

christian
08-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks sir oca, now its clear to me, Bai was an assistant :) 12 nn ba ang laro or 11:30?

lekiboy
08-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks sir oca, now its clear to me, Bai was an assistant :) 12 nn ba ang laro or 11:30?

punta ka nang 1130 para sure... :)
paki handa yung silver metallic o kaya yung beige mica metallic ha....
at yung freebies na rin.....di na ako nagtutulog...

AnthonyServinio
08-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Latest Standings:

y - Letran 7-1
x - San Sebastian 6-2
x - San Beda 5-4
Jose Rizal 4-5
La Salle-Greenhills 2-6
Perpetual Help 1-7

y - clinched twice-to-beat advantage
x - clinched Final Four berth

August 22 result -- The Arena

Jose Rizal d. San Beda, 109-103

irateluvmachine
08-23-2007, 02:04 PM
^whoa...

how far have the mighty fallen.* is it just me or are salva and revilla the only blue-chip prospects on the red cubs roster?

and does anyone have more info on jru's big guns? - bj cipriano, keith jasper agovida and richard madlangbayan.* alam ko lang eh G, C and F respectively yung positions nila...any info on their height? or if they're graduating? they just may end up better than lituania and kabigting...na ngayo'y binabangko sa jru heavy bombers...

oca
08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
^whoa...

how far have the mighty fallen.* is it just me or are salva and revilla the only blue-chip prospects on the red cubs roster?

and does anyone have more info on jru's big guns? - bj cipriano, keith jasper agovida and richard madlangbayan.* alam ko lang eh G, C and F respectively yung positions nila...any info on their height? or if they're graduating? they just may end up better than lituania and kabigting...na ngayo'y binabangko sa jru heavy bombers...

Give credit to whom it is due.

The Light Bombers won not because di na "mighty" ang Red Cubs. Talagang umangat na ang competition sa NCAA Jrs. Dati SBC, MIT at CSJL lang. Nawala ang MIT, pasok ang SSC-R. Ngayon umuusbong ang JRU, take note they made the F4 last season. LSGH is long overdue, ewan ko ba bakit di pa rin sila makapasok sa semis... Huwag isama sa usapan ang Baby Dolphins, notwithstanding their finals appearance last season, dahil maraming "illegitimate" na players. ;)

Also, at the last National Championships on record, the 3rd placer in the NCAA won overwhelmingly over the UAAP champions.

christian
08-23-2007, 03:59 PM

punta ka nang 1130 para sure... :)
paki handa yung silver metallic o kaya yung beige mica metallic ha....
at yung freebies na rin.....di na ako nagtutulog...

Hehehe mas maaga pa ako dumating sayo sir! Hehehe sayang lang natalo tayo, anyway ok lang yan! Bring on the Squires!!!!

irateluvmachine
08-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Give credit to whom it is due.

The Light Bombers won not because di na "mighty" ang Red Cubs. Talagang umangat na ang competition sa NCAA Jrs. Dati SBC, MIT at CSJL lang. Nawala ang MIT, pasok ang SSC-R. Ngayon* umuusbong ang JRU, take note they made the F4 last season. LSGH is long overdue, ewan ko ba bakit di pa rin sila makapasok sa semis... Huwag isama sa usapan ang Baby Dolphins, notwithstanding their finals appearance last season, dahil maraming "illegitimate" na players. ;)

Also, at the last National Championships on record, the 3rd placer in the NCAA won overwhelmingly over the UAAP champions.

good point. ;D i think the red cubs are still a formidable team, but not as good as the casio/agbayani/arao/escueta lineup of '02, or the menor/taganas/tecson/martinez lineup of '04, to name a few. i agree that the competition is much tougher these days...with everyone except uphd fielding at least one potential blue-chipper in the lineup.

does anyone have a copy of this year's NCAA media guide, or whatever they call it? yung binebenta sa mga games...maybe someone can post the complete juniors lineups with height, position and scholastic/playing year info.

oca
08-26-2007, 09:19 PM
August 31 (Friday) --
9:30AM San Sebastian vs. Perpetual Help
11:30AM Jose Rizal vs. La Salle-Greenhills
2:00PM Letran vs. San Beda

The above is the sched of Jrs competition on its last play day.

Here is the team standings as of now:

CSJL 7 2
SSC-R 7 2
SBC 5 4
JRU 4 5
LSGH 3 6
Perpetual 1 8

Nakikita niyo ba ng scenarios?

LSGH is not yet out of the F4 race. They win against JRU, they force a tie for the fourth spot.

CSJL and SSC-R may be both on top and have secured twice-to-beat advantage. Pero, with SBC at third, neither the Squires or Staglets would want to end up 2nd after the tie break and face the Red Cubs in the F4.

The Staglets have the easiest assignment playing cellar dweller Perpetual on Friday. But They are not sure of topping the elims if CSJL wins over the Red Cubs.

Eto ang maganda para sa taga Mendiola. First, i-concede na yung panalo ng Staglets over Perpetual. Now, pag tinalo ng mga bata ni Ato ang Squires sa 31st, it will be Red Cubs vs. Squires sa F4. Pero twice-to-beat ang Squires. Tanong, kaya bang talunin ng Red Cubs ang Squires ng tatlong sunod to make it to the Finals? Una sa Friday, at dalawa sa semis.

Tatlong sunod? ::)

Paano naman kung magtabla at 8-2 ang Squires at Staglets? At magtabla rin ang JRU at LSGH at 4-6? Paano ang tie break?

Yan ang itatanong ko. ;)

oca
08-26-2007, 09:21 PM

oca
08-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Na doble....sorry. ;)

oca
08-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Mali... ;D

oca
08-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Deleted. mali. ;)

lekiboy
08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
tatlong sunod???

KAYA... ;D, boss oca.

mighty_lion
08-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Sa totoo lang medyo malabo. Pero sabi nga nila.

Never say die! ;)

christian
08-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Hehehe syempre para sa amin panalo palagi ang Red Cubs :)

Howard the Duck
08-26-2007, 11:55 PM
kung tie ang LC at SSC-R, #1 ang SSC-R with a +5 quotient...
if LSGH beats JRU, may knock out game. kasi kung 4th seed yata discarded na ang quotient at automatic knockout game na.

what if...
talo ang sbc tapos panalo JRU? eh di tie sila! :P

oca
08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
kung tie ang LC at SSC-R, #1 ang SSC-R with a +5 quotient...
if LSGH beats JRU, may knock out game. kasi kung 4th seed yata discarded na ang quotient at automatic knockout game na.

what if...
talo ang sbc tapos panalo JRU? eh di tie sila! :P

Kung gayon, no bearing na ang SBC v CSJL sa 31st, dahil malabong matalo ang SSC-R kontra Perpetual, at kahita manalo ang Squires, panalo ang Staglets sa tie-break. No bearing na rin for the Red Cubs dahil a defeat here will not actually kick them out of the F4. Of course some will say a win by the Red Cubs over the Squires will be a great psychological advantage heading into the F4. Sa puntong iyan, is it possible to carry that advantage over 3 games?

Now, kung magtabla ang JRU at SBC and they will have a playoff, yan ang maganda. For I am sure none of this two would want to meet top seed SSC-R. Kaya bakbakan yan for the 3rd spot. For lets admit it, the Squires is not as dominant as the Staglets.

Personally, the Light Bombers or Red Cubs winning 2 or 3 consecutive times, as the case maybe, over the Squires is doable. But beating the Staglets dalawang sunod is highly improbable in the F4. Kaya saan ka lalagay kung ikaw ang JRU o SBC?

Pero sana naman, pagsabayin ang F4 ng Jrs at Srs. Ewan ko ba itong tinamaan ng kung anong JRU/host, bakit pati semis ng mga bata at kuya ay pinagbukod.

mighty_lion
08-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Pero sana naman, pagsabayin ang F4 ng Jrs at Srs. Ewan ko ba itong tinamaan ng kung anong JRU/host, bakit pati semis ng mga bata at kuya ay pinagbukod.

Para daw hindi mahuli kung sino talaga si Oca. Baka kasi me magbantay kung sino ang hindi aalis ng upuan mula juniors hanggang seniors. And the search continues... :D

oca
08-27-2007, 04:16 PM

Para daw hindi mahuli kung sino talaga si Oca. Baka kasi me magbantay kung sino ang hindi aalis ng upuan mula juniors hanggang seniors. And the search continues...* *:D

Puts@, wanted pa rin ba ako hanggang ngayon? ;D ;D ;D

Kidding aside, NCAA Juniors competition is really top notch. It deserves to have that same audience as the Seniors have. Of course, malaking katipiran sa ticket, oras at pamasahe na sa isang puntahan lang ay mkakapanood ako ng Jrs at Srs.

Ewan ko nga ba bakit pati sa semis ay di pinagsabay.... Lin-tek na host ito! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( (Makulit na ba ako....sorry mods ;))

christian
08-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Agree ako sayo sir Oca, Lintek ang host! ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
08-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Punyeta. Ang tindi ng laban ng Letran at San Beda. ;D

Howard the Duck
08-31-2007, 06:40 PM
parang tira ni long yung tira ni red cub ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
08-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Ah si Lobaton. Pero yung tira ni Lobaton eh straight-up. Mas matindi yung degree of difficulty nung kay Long. Pero 2 game winners in AC in a span of less than 24 hours. How about that?! ;D

Howard the Duck
08-31-2007, 07:47 PM
walang sistema ang squires, basta kung anong mang yari, yun na

ang SBC may plays talaga

nash_bedista
08-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Salva ang Revilla! Mga Idol! hahah

luranski
08-31-2007, 08:29 PM
danny seigle salva!

AnthonyServinio
09-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Latest Standings:

y - San Sebastian 7-2
y - Letran 7-3
x - San Beda 6-4
x - Jose Rizal 5-5
La Salle-Greenhills 3-7
Perpetual Help 1-8

y - clinched twice-to-beat advantage
x - clinched Final Four berth

August 31 results -- Araneta Coliseum

Jose Rizal d. La Salle-Greenhills, 86-70
San Beda d. Letran, 98-96

September 3 (Monday) -- The Arena
11:00AM San Sebastian vs. Perpetual Help (last game of elimination round)

toti_mendiola
09-01-2007, 08:28 AM
ang tatangkad na bata nang mga high school students ngayon mas lalo na yung mga players ng squires. Atsaka magand ang pangangatawan ngayon ng mga bata. parang mga mama na.

Global Greenie
09-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Who are current statistical leaders now that the second round is over? (Will be over by Monday)

oca
09-01-2007, 06:27 PM
...NCAA Juniors competition is really top notch. It deserves to have that same audience as the Seniors have.

After the Squires-Red Cubs game, I believe pwede kong ulitin ang sinabi ko...

Kahit anong match-up basta walang Perpetual, magandang laban yan. The bigger crowd just created a different kind of excitement. Pero yung quality of play ay laging commendable.

aircanda
09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
mga sir.. ive been reading a lot about buenafe and the alas brothers..and from what ive been reading eh npakagaling ng mga i2.. pwde po ba malaman kung san most likely maglalaro ng college ang mga i2 and ano ang mga heights nila..tipong ala james martinez/jv casio dn ba ang mga height nila or 6 footers na? sori ala na kc aqng balita sa juniors ng ncaa since grumad aq at nagsara ang mapua hi-skul (my alma mater).. salamat.. :) ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
09-01-2007, 09:36 PM
mga sir.. ive been reading a lot about buenafe and the alas brothers..and from what ive been reading eh npakagaling ng mga i2.. pwde po ba malaman kung san most likely maglalaro ng college ang mga i2 and ano ang mga heights nila..tipong ala james martinez/jv casio dn ba ang mga height nila or 6 footers na? sori ala na kc aqng balita sa juniors ng ncaa since grumad aq at nagsara ang mapua hi-skul (my alma mater).. salamat.. :) ;D
Buenafe's touted to go to Ateneo de Manila.

irateluvmachine
09-02-2007, 07:32 AM
mga sir.. ive been reading a lot about buenafe and the alas brothers..and from what ive been reading eh npakagaling ng mga i2.. pwde po ba malaman kung san most likely maglalaro ng college ang mga i2 and ano ang mga heights nila..tipong ala james martinez/jv casio dn ba ang mga height nila or 6 footers na? sori ala na kc aqng balita sa juniors ng ncaa since grumad aq at nagsara ang mapua hi-skul (my alma mater).. salamat..* :) ;D

as far as i know, these are the heights of some of the top graduating players...

buenafe - 6'2
salva - 6'2
noble - 6'2
dela paz - 6'3

arvie bringas, the alas brothers and martin reyes are all juniors...

sana may nakabili ng ncaa media guide for this season...it'd be much appreciated if someone posts the player heights/positions for all teams...

aircanda
09-02-2007, 10:12 PM
mga sir.. ive been reading a lot about buenafe and the alas brothers..and from what ive been reading eh npakagaling ng mga i2.. pwde po ba malaman kung san most likely maglalaro ng college ang mga i2 and ano ang mga heights nila..tipong ala james martinez/jv casio dn ba ang mga height nila or 6 footers na? sori ala na kc aqng balita sa juniors ng ncaa since grumad aq at nagsara ang mapua hi-skul (my alma mater).. salamat..* :) ;D

as far as i know, these are the heights of some of the top graduating players...

buenafe - 6'2
salva - 6'2
noble - 6'2
dela paz - 6'3

sana may nakabili ng ncaa media guide for this season...it'd be much appreciated if someone posts the player heights/positions for all teams...

tnx sa mga sir na nagreply.. sana ung mga player na yan eh makagawa ng impact sa UAAP.. pansin q kc ang huling nagpakitang gilas sa UAAP na galing sa juniors nc eh si casio.. c salamat, magaleng.. pero dpa talaga nakakabreak-out.. is buenafe related to buenafe na nadraft ng coke?

Guardian Angel
09-03-2007, 09:14 PM

buenafe - 6'2
salva - 6'2
noble - 6'2
dela paz - 6'3

tnx sa mga sir na nagreply.. sana ung mga player na yan eh makagawa ng impact sa UAAP.. pansin q kc ang huling nagpakitang gilas sa UAAP na galing sa juniors nc eh si casio.. c salamat, magaleng.. pero dpa talaga nakakabreak-out.. is buenafe related to buenafe na nadraft ng coke?

I think the buenafes are brothers

Guardian Angel
09-03-2007, 09:16 PM

buenafe - 6'2
salva - 6'2
noble - 6'2
dela paz - 6'3

I think the buenafes are brothers

mighty_lion
09-03-2007, 09:20 PM

buenafe - 6'2
salva - 6'2
noble - 6'2
dela paz - 6'3

You forgot to name Ford Arao. 8)

irateluvmachine
09-04-2007, 01:20 PM
^ford arao...better late than never. ;D also, elmer espiritu of UE (JRU's top light bomber in the '02-'03 season) is doing quite well in the UAAP, but is overshadowed in the warriors' star-studded lineup. cua, walsham and agbayani, other top juniors from the class of '03, haven't panned out as expected.

mighty_lion
09-04-2007, 07:12 PM
...NCAA Juniors competition is really top notch. It deserves to have that same audience as the Seniors have.

Kahit anong match-up basta walang Perpetual, magandang laban yan. The bigger crowd just created a different kind of excitement. Pero yung quality of play ay laging commendable.

No offense meant, pero kakaining hilaw ng NCAA Juniors ang UAAP sa Bantay-bata this year.

1. Buenafe
2. Salva
3. Alas
4. Bringas
5. Cipriano

You may argue na iisa lang ang bola sa court pero bigyan mo na lang ng isang pure point guard ang apat dyan sakit ng ulo depensahan nyan. Not to mention the others scorer and rebounding demons not included above.

aircanda
09-04-2007, 08:52 PM

buenafe - 6'2
salva - 6'2
noble - 6'2
dela paz - 6'3

You forgot to name Ford Arao.* 8)

c ford naman kc sir ngaun lang nagpakita..nagiicp na nga aq nun date na mdio lugi na ateneo sa kania..pero like irateluvmachine, i agree..better late than never ika nga.. hehehe

danny
09-05-2007, 01:33 AM

No offense meant, pero kakaining hilaw ng NCAA Juniors ang UAAP sa Bantay-bata this year.

1. Buenafe
2. Salva
3. Alas
4. Bringas
5. Cipriano

You may argue na iisa lang ang bola sa court pero bigyan mo na lang ng isang pure point guard ang apat dyan sakit ng ulo depensahan nyan. Not to mention the others scorer and rebounding demons not included above.

Pre, matitindi naman talaga ang mga manlalaro ng NCAA juniors at aminado naman diyan ang marami.

gameface_one
09-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Finals or bust for Squires, Red Cubs

The Philippine Star

Before clashing for the seniors’ crown starting Wednesday, Letran and San Beda meet Friday in a do-or-die battle for the last slot in the 2007 NCAA juniors championship.

The Squires and the Red Cubs mix it up at 12 noon at The Arena in San Juan, disputing the right to challenge the two-time defending champion San Sebastian Staglets in the best-of-three final.

The third-seeded Red Cubs forced the rubber-match with a 96-86 win over the second-seeded Squires Wednesday at the Araneta Coliseum.

Dennis Bringas scored 17 points while Luis Revilla had a solid all-round game with 16 points, nine rebounds, six assists and two steals to lead the way for the Cubs who’re looking to regain lost glory in the juniors play.

John Noble and brothers Kevin and Kristoffer Alas, sons of Letran Knights coach Louie, are likely to be the Cubs’ biggest thorns in their bid.

Howard the Duck
09-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Panalo daw ang LC. Ano ang score?

redz16
09-14-2007, 05:31 PM

96-92 i think

james_ty
09-14-2007, 07:01 PM

96-92 i think

Yes, 96-92 was the final score.
Letran led by 15 points at halftime.
Humabol ang San Beda pero time ran out on the Red Cubs.

abcdef
09-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Both teams are deserving however the better team won. Walang ka angal angal. If ALL the games of the Seniors would be like that of the juniors then we would have a very EXCITING season ahead of us.

Yung anak ni Alas na maliit yung gumawa maski ako napabilib din. Anyway the Red Cubs are transforming again into a dynasty in the making. Maybe they wouldn't want to share the limelight with their kuya's. hehehe! ;D

jayverns
09-15-2007, 01:31 AM
nai-imagine ko na sa finals kung sino ang kakampihan ng Red Army sa Juniors, parang last year...hehehe

gameface_one
09-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Letran on track for rare double as Squires win

By NELSON BELTRAN
The Philippine Star

Letran gained a crack at a double championship in the 83rd NCAA season as the Squires advanced to the juniors final with a 96-92 decision over the San Beda Red Cubs in a knockout set Friday at The Arena in San Juan.

The Squires made a big run in the second quarter and overcame the Cubs’ furious rally at the finish to reach the best-of-three final against the two-time defending champion San Sebastian Staglets.

Philip Jose and brothers Kevin and Kristoffer Alas once again played big for the Squires who joined their senior team, the Knights, in the finals, giving the Intramuros-based school a chance to score the first double championship in 14 years.

Letran itself was the last school to accomplish the feat in 1983 with Samboy Lim and Romy Ang bannering the senior squad and the late Gido Babilonia and Dong Libed leading the juniors team. Letran first did the trick in 1979.

Only three other schools have done the feat with UP doing it in 1926, Mapua in 1965 and Ateneo in 1933, 1937, 1975 and 1976.

Letran, however, will be the underdog in both best-of-three finals set to start Wednesday at the Araneta Coliseum. The Knights are looking for their 17th crown and the Squires their 11th.

“It’s going to be a tough series. San Sebastian is the defending champion and they have the leading MVP contender (Ryan Buenafe). But we’ll do everything we can to bring the juniors title back,” said Letran coach Elmer Latonio.

San Jose scattered 15 of his personal-best 26 points in the third period while the Alas brothers combined for 32 points to lead Letran past San Beda, owner of 16 NCAA juniors crowns.

“Defense played a big part in the first half. It became the key in our breakaway. Fortunately, the boys hang tough at the finish,” said Latonio.

After a sluggish first quarter, Letran took control in the second period, going on to take a 60-45 lead at halftime.

The Squires were still up, 90-80, after a Kevin Alas three-pointer when the Red Cubs used a 7-1 run capped by an undergoal stab by Nicolas Salva to move closer, 87-91, with 47.4 seconds left.

But that was San Beda’s last stand as Kristoffer Alas scored a putback that gave Letran a 93-87 advantage with 21.8 seconds remaining.

Letran, which failed to enter the Final Four in the last two years, is aiming to win its first juniors title since beating San Beda in the 2001 finals.

strife
09-15-2007, 10:25 AM
nai-imagine ko na sa finals kung sino ang kakampihan ng Red Army sa Juniors, parang last year...hehehe

aba'y siyempre, love thy neighbor ;D

batangueño
09-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Who are the potential members of this year's NCAA Juniors' Mythical Five aside from Ryan Buenafe?

Guardian Angel
09-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Who are the potential members of this year's NCAA Juniors' Mythical Five aside from Ryan Buenafe?

I'm guessing Bringas/Noble, Alas, Cipriano and Salva

mighty_lion
09-15-2007, 12:42 PM

aba'y siyempre, love thy neighbor* ;D

Naisip ko na rin to kahapon. Hehe. Kung meron lang mag-trigger na isa, sunod sunod na yan. ;D.

se7en
09-15-2007, 09:09 PM
naalala ko last year, kitang kita sa players ng SSC ang pasasalamat nila sa cheering ng RED ARMY!! "kaway" at nag " bow" sa atin

christian
09-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Hahaha after that championship game by the Staglets and the Baby Dolphins, lumipat sa atin si Elvin Pascual and Anacta from the baby Dolphins... Hehehe ano naman kaya ang scenario after their finals? ;D

aircanda
09-27-2007, 07:09 PM
wala bang video ni buenafe sa youtube?

monstermash
09-29-2007, 04:18 AM
di ko na mahintay lineup ng nc juniors sa bantay bata, kelan ba bantay bata?

mighty_lion
09-29-2007, 10:47 AM
di ko na mahintay lineup ng nc juniors sa bantay bata, kelan ba bantay bata?

Walang hustisya ang larong yan! ;D

monstermash
10-03-2007, 01:20 AM
sige gawa na lang ng team b yung junios, tapos iyon ang ilaban, para may hustisya.