PDA

View Full Version : Gerilla out of the Tam's Lineup?

freak
07-28-2007, 03:32 AM
La Salle has until 7 p.m. today to file game protest

By Jasmine W. Payo
Inquirer
Last updated 02:23am (Mla time) 07/28/2007

x x x x x

Over at Far Eastern, the Tamaraws will make do with a 14-man roster for the rest of the season after dropping sophomore forward Alfred Gerilla from its lineup.

Team officials said Gerilla got the boot after three games due to “actions contrary to the team’s best interest.”

x x x x x

Can anybody confirm this and the real reason behind Guerilla's expulsion from the team?

Edited to correct Gerilla's last name. Thanks to manong Lion ;)

Dark Knight
07-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Gee, beats me. I hope an insider from FEU can provide us some details.

bluewing
07-28-2007, 08:32 PM
nag- bonbon daw

bluegirl
07-29-2007, 12:56 AM
nag- bonbon daw

ito rin ung narinig kong usap-usapan. and supposedly, he wasn't the only one na inalok. pero sya lang daw ang tumanggap.

bluewing
07-29-2007, 01:14 AM
deleted. doble.

bluewing
07-29-2007, 01:15 AM
i'll try to get some scoop on this. pamangkin ng bespren ko yung isang emerging player ng feu. tsismoso pa naman yun.

hehe.

Dark Knight
07-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Apparently, Gerilla, along with Baracael and Adolfo did the Bonbon.

Now, what will be the Tams chances this year if this accusations were true? >:(

Dark Knight
07-29-2007, 08:32 AM
An FEU official caught Gerilla, Baracael and Adolfo holding a large amount of money at the lockerroom and Gerilla is said to be the mastermind.* ::)

I wanna know what game is this.* ???

And with Gerilla out, its time for Edgar Tanuan to shine.* :P

nash_bedista
07-29-2007, 10:53 AM
buti na lng andyan pa sila Baracael at Adolfo. Kung Nwala sila, Cawaling vs Uaap team hahahaa ;D

jembengzon
07-29-2007, 11:09 AM
An FEU official caught Gerilla, Baracael and Adolfo holding a large amount of money at the lockerroom and Gerilla is said to be the mastermind.* ::)

I wanna know what game is this.* ???

And with Gerilla out, its time for Edgar Tanuan to shine.* :P

if this is true, then shouldn't the other two be penalized as well ? or did they turn on him and accuse him of being the mastermind ?

jollibeeaddict
07-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Gerilla could be the primary suspect while Adolfo and Baracael were accomplices to the crime. Gerilla might have been dropped early but expect Adolfo and Baracael to be dropped by the end of the year. besides, pabor pa rin sa FEU yun kasi ipapasok na nila yung Cameroonian import nila na si Pipo Noondoo at yung 6'8" daw na kaklase ni Nonoy Baclao noong high school.

Dark Knight
07-29-2007, 01:24 PM
All of these are just Rumours. ;D So di pa dapat paniwalaan. ;D

Pipo i think needs a two year residency bago makapaglaro.

Likewise si Robert Kave. ;D

jollibeeaddict
07-29-2007, 01:36 PM
^ so you still call what FEU officials announced in that PDI article as a rumor? ::)

Dark Knight
07-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry, did'nt read the papers this morning. ;D

Sam Miguel
07-30-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm just wondering what the heck is going on with FEU Team Management. What the heck are Anton Montinola and Mark Molina doing, sleeping on the job? They give the impression that they really are in tight with their boys and yet things like this happen. They are always on the bench even during offseason tournaments, they attend practices, they take care even of the B Team, which brings us back to the question of: how do these things happen on their watch?

jollibeeaddict
07-30-2007, 09:22 AM
^ hindi naman siguro sa lahat ng oras ay hawak nina Anton at Mark itong mga batang ito. these kids also have lives of their own to live so my guess is that Gerilla (or even Baracael and Adolfo) met members of Binondo gambling syndicate perhaps in one occasion outside of FEU. still, it was quite late for Anton, Mark and other members of the FEU management team to intercept this illicit deal that Gerilla (and, allegedly, Adolfo and Baracael) entered with Binondo.

Sam Miguel
07-30-2007, 09:52 AM
^ hindi naman siguro sa lahat ng oras ay hawak nina Anton at Mark itong mga batang ito. these kids also have lives of their own to live so my guess is that Gerilla (or even Baracael and Adolfo) met members of Binondo gambling syndicate perhaps in one occasion outside of FEU. still, it was quite late for Anton, Mark and other members of the FEU management team to intercept this illicit deal that Gerilla (and, allegedly, Adolfo and Baracael) entered with Binondo.

Hmm... so now the Binondo syndicates are involved are they...?

jollibeeaddict
07-30-2007, 09:57 AM
^ just making a wild guess. i guess no one else would be daring enough to enter into such an illicit deal with a player other than members of Binondo, right (not unless what Gerilla did was similar to what Bonbon Custodio did last year- get the payola from some people from, allegedly, a particular school)? ???

freak
07-30-2007, 10:33 PM
i'll try to get some scoop on this. pamangkin ng bespren ko yung isang emerging player ng feu. tsismoso pa naman yun.

hehe.

bluewing.. ano nasagap na tsismis nung emerging player? ;D

Kid Cubao
07-31-2007, 11:02 AM
ang malinaw sa nangyari kay alfred gerilla ay napagbintangan at nahatulan na nagkasala sa isang anomalyang may kinalaman sa pera. syempre ibang usapan na yan kung totoo nga yung bintang sa kanya dahil di naman napatunayan at mukhang di nabigyan ng pagkakataong ipaliwanag ni gerilla ang panig nya.

BigBlue
07-31-2007, 11:12 AM
baka naman may mayamang sugah-mommy lang si gerilla. kayo naman o.

Joescoundrel
07-31-2007, 12:56 PM
The UAAP as a whole should be very concerned that such things are happening.

Last year it was Bonbon Custodio, this year it is RJ Gerilla. Jesus H Christ, where does it all end?

toti_mendiola
07-31-2007, 08:21 PM

apparently the sugar mommy is Andi Manzano. ;D

ayup!

Howard the Duck
07-31-2007, 08:48 PM

ayup!
doon pala binunuhos ni andi ang perang bininigay ko sa kanya :D

bchoter
07-31-2007, 10:56 PM
^ just making a wild guess. i guess no one else would be daring enough to enter into such an illicit deal with a player other than members of Binondo, right (not unless what Gerilla did was similar to what Bonbon Custodio did last year- get the payola from some people from, allegedly, a particular school)? ???
There you go again with your pa in-the know epek. So whis particular school is that? Who are these people from that alleged school? Pari ba? Janitor? I'l make a wild guess. You don't know anything at all about both issues.

I thought gameface was different from PEX. Hadcore dito... Joy Sumilang hindi Joyce Jimenez. Walang nanghuhula...

Sorry gameface_one... just can't help it.

Now back to discussing the FACTS related to this issue. I hope people make intelligent "guesses".

atenean_blooded
08-01-2007, 02:18 AM
There are several ways of skinning this cat.

One way of looking at it is that there is obviously some sinister group trying to affect the outcome of games. Whether they be the bookies of Binondo, or influential people from member schools of the UAAP, or whoever, the bottom line is, there's something very fishy going on, and it's affecting the games. That means that we're not getting our money's worth as paying patrons, sponsors are not getting their money's worth as sponsors, and the effort of players is going to waste because of this. We often talk about being the premier inter-school sports league in the Philippines, and yet the integrity of our games, and now, even of some players, is being affected. Should the league look into this? Definitely. Should individual teams look into this? Definitely. Should the higher echelons of schools' administrative bodies look into this? Definitely.

Another way we can approach this is to see that there are some reasons why players will give in to temptations like this. Not every player in a UAAP varsity program has money to blow on school (heck, a whole lot of them just want to play in the UAAP so that they can say they've gone to school) or whatever, and obviously, they at least want the extra cash. What would push a player to give in to stuff like this? Lack of scruples? Real need for money? There can be many reasons, but the outcome is the same: the quality of the games, and the integrity of the league are both at stake and are suffering. Should the league look into this? Definitely. Should individual teams look into this? Definitely. Should the higher echelons of schools' administrative bodies look into this? Definitely.

Yet another way to look at this is that the UAAP might not be living up to what it is supposed to be. I'm under the distinct impression that the UAAP was founded because of the desire to promote inter-school relations and amateur athletics. In fact, the history of the UAAP says that the founding members of the UAAP left the NCAA because they saw the NCAA as becoming too commercial in orientation. Other members of the UAAP left the NCAA because of ongoing violence. In many ways, this situation is analogous. Apparently, commercial or monetary interests are, at least as far as some parties are concerned, more important than the integrity of friendly amateur games between schools, where we're supposed to be teaching scruples and morals and and values and promoting the formation of an upright character in addition to giving good professional training. And while things haven't broken down to the level of fisticuffs (some events notwithstanding), this new "violence" is ravaging the league. One can say that at least the fisticuffs of old were somewhat born of school pride (aside from being all macho, of course); this situation says to hell with school pride, it's the money that counts. This even worse than the ideal of "winning at all cost."Should the league look into this? Definitely. Should individual teams look into this? Definitely. Should the higher echelons of schools' administrative bodies look into this? Definitely.

bluewing
08-01-2007, 02:24 AM

hehe.

bluewing.. ano nasagap na tsismis nung emerging player?* ;D

wala pa. busy yung lecheng bespren ko eh. hirap mahagilap. pag nagka-toma kami, sasabihin ko agad sa inyo.

bluewing
08-01-2007, 02:25 AM

ayup!

ha? eh bakit ako, hindi binabayaran ni andi? ganun na lang ba yon? matapos nyang pag-pistahan ang buo kong pagkatao?

pero baka naman dahil sa mahal na nya talaga ako at iniisip nyang insulto kung batuhan nya ako ng pera...

toti_mendiola
08-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Sayang talaga. Isa pa naman itong bihirang pagkakataon na nasa iisang tropa ang isang guerilla at isang kawal(ing).

toti_mendiola
08-01-2007, 07:48 AM

ayup!

ha? eh bakit ako, hindi binabayaran ni andi? ganun na lang ba yon? matapos nyang pag-pistahan ang buo kong pagkatao?

pero baka naman dahil sa mahal na nya talaga ako at iniisip nyang insulto kung batuhan nya ako ng pera...

eh baka hindi mo naman na kasi kailangan ng pera, tlc lang. ;D

Dark Knight
08-01-2007, 08:23 AM
The UAAP as a whole should be very concerned that such things are happening.

Last year it was Bonbon Custodio, this year it is RJ Gerilla. Jesus H Christ, where does it all end?

Remember Mike Cortez during 2001? ;D :P

Howard the Duck
08-01-2007, 07:46 PM

ayup!

eh baka hindi mo naman na kasi kailangan ng pera, tlc lang. ;D

libre pala ang services ni bluewing :o ;D

toti_mendiola
08-01-2007, 09:11 PM

ayup!

ngayong wala na si gerilla, makakatipid ka na. ;D

Howard the Duck
08-01-2007, 09:15 PM

ayup!

you can never be sure. nandyan kasi si dark knight :P

bluewing
08-02-2007, 03:06 AM

ayup!

you can never be sure. nandyan kasi si dark knight :P

at maniningil na rin ako!

flsfnoeraekadad
08-02-2007, 07:46 AM

ayup!
Nagselos ata si Montinola saka si Molina sa kanya eh. ;D ;D

toti_mendiola
08-02-2007, 08:22 AM

ayup!
Nagselos ata si Montinola saka si Molina sa kanya eh.* ;D ;D

eh di kung ganun hindi pala pera ang nahuli ke gerilla kundi mga nakaw na sandali. ::)

bluewing
08-02-2007, 12:31 PM

ayup!
Nagselos ata si Montinola saka si Molina sa kanya eh.* ;D ;D

eh di kung ganun hindi pala pera ang nahuli ke gerilla kundi mga nakaw na sandali.* ::)

tama na yan!

sumasakit na ang kalooban ko. ;D

Sam Miguel
08-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Which thus begs the question: Where oh where is the good Mr Gerilla now...?

LION
08-02-2007, 01:36 PM
^ Namundok na daw. Ginawang guerilla ni freak e. ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
08-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Na-disbar din sa FEU Tams ala-Kume Eala style. ;D

ayup!
Nagselos ata si Montinola saka si Molina sa kanya eh. ;D ;D

eh di kung ganun hindi pala pera ang nahuli ke gerilla kundi mga nakaw na sandali. ::)

MVBA
08-03-2007, 12:49 AM

* * *There will always be a roster spot waiting for JR Gerilla should he want to play in the Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association.* He is from Leyte and was once a member of the training team of the University of the Visayas Lancers.

Dark Knight
08-03-2007, 01:14 PM

* * *There will always be a roster spot waiting for JR Gerilla should he want to play in the Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association.* He is from Leyte and was once a member of the training team of the University of the Visayas Lancers.

Good suggestion sir. sana lang di sya mag game fix sa Liga nyo. :)

toti_mendiola
08-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Maraming matutuwa nito pag nagkataon at magkakalayo na sila ni andi manzano. ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
08-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Maraming matutuwa nito pag nagkataon at magkakalayo na sila ni andi manzano. ;D

Ano bang siste? May namumuo na ba talaga sa kanila ni Andi? ;D

Sam Miguel
08-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Gentlemen please, whatever is going on between Mr Gerilla and Ms Manzano is strictly their business and none of ours.

Which still begs the question: where the heck is he...?

mighty_lion
08-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Nakakaenganyo talagang manoud ng FEU games dahil kay Andi. ;D Buti na lang hindi ako taga FEU. Malamang tatamarin akong manoud ng live games lagi.

Howard the Duck
08-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Mapa-NBI nga kayo, robbery na yan :P

Speaking of robbery, magkano kaya ang nasabat ni gerilla?

freak
08-07-2007, 04:30 AM
^ Namundok na daw.* Ginawang guerilla ni freak e.* *;D

Ooops!!* ;D My bad.. hehe..

Anyway, after that news article, not much has been heard regarding Gerilla much like what happend to Bonbon Custodio's case. And like the Custodio case, we're all left guessing what really happened.* ???

mighty_lion
08-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Hindi ba nakakatakot ito. Masyadong tahimik. At least yong kay Bonbon alam natin kung nasaan sya at buhay. Di kaya? ..... ummm wag naman siguro.

Dark Knight
08-09-2007, 07:05 PM
May gag order ang FEU admin at Mr. Montinola. Total secrecy must be implemented.

Ok, joke lang. ;D

Dark Knight
08-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I got this from PEX ;D

c/o ako_ay_prangka of PEX

since many of you are asking me as to what is the real score behind gerilla's departure of the team, i have finally decided to tell the things that i know. and i also believe that the die-hard supporters of the tamaraws are entitled above all others to know the truth.

gerilla was removed from the team because he admitted to having received some money from a group of people who are believed to be a part of a syndicate who enjoys turning the UAAP basketball tournament into an opportunity for gambling. believe me gerilla is also a victim but he has to face dire consequences of his actions.

but the question is who introduced gerilla to this vile people? well its none other than his former senior team mate, jeff chan. and apparently jeff chan is not the only tamaraw who received money on several occassions last year and in season 66, 67 (where the championship was lost to DLSU) 68.

its appears that 4 out of the most prominent tamaraw cagers from those aforementioned seasons received some money from the syndicate. but i believe its useless already to mention their names so i believe that their names should just stay as a secret and let their guilty conscience bother them. especially yung iba na nagpupunta pa rin sa games ng FEU not knowing that Montinola and his cohorts already know what they have done.

now if you think that the case is closed better think again, there is still one player in the FEU team who received money from the syndicate but i believe that its up to you tamaraws to discover him. and no he is not a rookie (so ligtas si cutie cawaling ninyo. ) the only reason he is not yet removed is probably because he did not admit it unlike gerilla. goodluck.

Since its from PEX, lol!! Pero kung seseryosohin ito, maybe Denok deliberately miss his shot during game 3 of the 2004 finals against DLSU. Jeff Chan is also involved.

Kalokohan na to. ;D

Dark Knight
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
At the Probe Team show, Mark Molina did not categorically said that Gerilla is involved in game fixing brouhaha. He said that Gerilla has problems regarding his relationship with the team.

Really??

Its time to reinstate Mangahas next year!!!! ;D

Sam Miguel
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
So is FEU Management therefore categorically saying that there is no gambling-related problem with the FEU Team?

Mark Molina is a good friend but perhaps he is just trying too hard to be clever, trying to be a good team player for Team Anton. If Gerilla is indeed involved in gamefixing or gambling or whatnot, then FEU should do the responsible thing and report this to the proper authorities like the NBI. Sweeping this thing under the rug ultimately is not good for the tema, the league and the sport.

Dark Knight
08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
I guess FEU does'nt want this incident get blown out of proportion. Damage control ang pinaiiral nila. They are trying to fix the problem internally.

May isa pa raw involve sa game fixing. Si Gerilla lang daw ang umamin pero yung isa, deny to death kaya nakakapaglaro pa sya.

My intelligent guess would be......MARLON ADOLFO!! ;D

If ever he will be found guilty, down to 13 players na lang FEU. Kaya pala medyo limited ang playing time nya ngayon.

batangueño
08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Sa tingin ko, yung isang Tamaraw na hindi umaamin ay siguradong tatanggalin nina Anton next year. Hindi naman siguro balak magpatuklaw sa ahas ni Anton, di ba? ;)

sa_pula
08-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I got this from PEX ;D

c/o ako_ay_prangka of PEX

since many of you are asking me as to what is the real score behind gerilla's departure of the team, i have finally decided to tell the things that i know. and i also believe that the die-hard supporters of the tamaraws are entitled above all others to know the truth.

gerilla was removed from the team because he admitted to having received some money from a group of people who are believed to be a part of a syndicate who enjoys turning the UAAP basketball tournament into an opportunity for gambling. believe me gerilla is also a victim but he has to face dire consequences of his actions.

but the question is who introduced gerilla to this vile people? well its none other than his former senior team mate, jeff chan. and apparently jeff chan is not the only tamaraw who received money on several occassions last year and in season 66, 67 (where the championship was lost to DLSU) 68.

its appears that 4 out of the most prominent tamaraw cagers from those aforementioned seasons received some money from the syndicate. but i believe its useless already to mention their names so i believe that their names should just stay as a secret and let their guilty conscience bother them. especially yung iba na nagpupunta pa rin sa games ng FEU not knowing that Montinola and his cohorts already know what they have done.

now if you think that the case is closed better think again, there is still one player in the FEU team who received money from the syndicate but i believe that its up to you tamaraws to discover him. and no he is not a rookie (so ligtas si cutie cawaling ninyo. ) the only reason he is not yet removed is probably because he did not admit it unlike gerilla. goodluck.

Since its from PEX, lol!! Pero kung seseryosohin ito, maybe Denok deliberately miss his shot during game 3 of the 2004 finals against DLSU. Jeff Chan is also involved.

Kalokohan na to. ;D

kaya ba d na nagpadraft si jeff chan??

Dark Knight
08-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Di ko ga alam bakit umatras si Chan. Baka guilty. ;D

bchoter
10-03-2007, 11:09 AM
If Adolofo is really on the take it wasn't obvious in theie 2nd round UST game. He made crucial plays in the upper half that helped sink the Tigers.

Dark Knight
10-03-2007, 10:59 PM
During that game against UST, i guess he was already given a warning. Kaya play to death sya. Anyway, he still has 1 more year for FEU. If i were the coaching staff, i will not renistate him anymore. ;)