PDA

View Full Version : STI College Olympians 2007-2008

Mhel_Garrido
07-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Siyempre ngayon lang nailathala but this is our line up for this school year's NAASCU

GUARDS
Bimbo Legaspi
Haddy Porto
Raymond Tiongco
Manuel Juan Jr.
Alvin Macabasco
James Tolentino
Jen Reyes

FORWARDS
Dexter Micutuan
Michael Cabangon
Ramon Mabayo
Mark Balneg
Don Don Rufin
Rafael Bartolo
William Vasallo

CENTERS
Darryl Mendoza
Howard Flor
Arturo Dimas

Our line up consists of 17 players. Returnees are Micutuan, Cabangon, Porto, Mabayo, Legaspi, and Rufin.
Unfortunately only Cabangon will be back next year. If the Board would have made the maximum age of 24
instead of 23, then only Porto will be leaving the team. Well that's life.

Good luck to the Olympians.

Joescoundrel
07-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Mhel how long will you guys have FLOR, BALNEG and TIONGCO?

I reckon a mximum of two years considering the cases of Flor and Tiongco?

Mhel_Garrido
08-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Mhel how long will you guys have FLOR, BALNEG and TIONGCO?

I reckon a mximum of two years considering the cases of Flor and Tiongco?

Si Balneg dapat 2 to 3 years pa, pero since nag iba na ang ihip ng hangin he together with 6 others biglang
last year na nila bigla. Flor and Tiongco are both 25 na kaya last year na nila, same with sina Macalma last year.
FLor will just be a contributor this year while Tiongco will most probably have other things to do in the STI network once na aprubahan na ang inaayos naming network wide recruitment hehe... if we have a chance to have a chat during the games i kuwento ko sa iyo.

AnthonyServinio
09-09-2007, 12:56 AM
* * *ONE MORE win to the championship as STI takes Game One of the 7th NAASCU Finals against University of Manila at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium last Saturday (September 8 ). Sorry, I forgot the score because it was a blowout!

* * *Game Two of the best-of-three series is set for this Wednesday (September 12) again at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium with a tentative start time at 2:00PM.

Mhel_Garrido
09-10-2007, 09:35 AM
See you there pre.

Mhel_Garrido
09-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Congratulations to the STI College OLympians for being the first team to beat the University of Manila Hawks in a best of three finals. The whole network salutes you!

jembengzon
09-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Congratulations to the STI College OLympians for being the first team to beat the University of Manila Hawks in a best of three finals. The whole network salutes you!

congrats mhel sa team at sa iyo ! ;D

nastrans
09-14-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm happy for Haddi Porto, a former DLSU-D cager, at least he won a championship with STI. Sayang nga dati he could have won it for us but lost in a close three-game finals series to EAC in the 2005 UCAA season.

Congrats sa STI.

danny
09-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Congratulations STI!

Mhel_Garrido
09-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Marami pong salamat sa inyong pag bati

to nastrans
We are happy that Haddi joined our team last year. MEdyo injured siya almost the whole season kaya he was used sparingly by Coach Vic. Buti na lang pumutok nung game 1. We are happy for him na finally nakatikim siya ng championship!

Jem
Thanks sa pagbati

whiplash
09-16-2007, 11:55 AM
coach, who are the teams you scrimmage with? how do you rate those teams this year? both inside and outside your league....

Mhel_Garrido
09-17-2007, 06:30 PM
These are the teams we played this year:
NCAA
SSC-MANILA (January- FMC) we won by 1 pt.
PCU-MANILA (January-FMC) STI beat them by at least 8 pts
JRU -(May - FMC): JRU has yet to win against us the past three years
SAN BEDA - (FEB-FMC) STI we lost by 10 pts.
CSB -June - Practice game - STI lost by 3 pts
UAAP
UST - (July-practice game) STI lost by only 3 pts- we were the last team that UST played before the UAAP opening
ATENEO - (February-FMC) STI lost by 5 points
FEU B- - (july-practice game) STI won by 10 pts - (some of the players here will play next year for FEU)

The Olympians play a similar style with the UE warriors and DLSU GA. Pressing and trapping defense.
Since there has been lots of personnel changes the past three years, we have maintained a core of players and added some veterans to stabilize the team.
Bottomline, i think we can beat a Final 4 UAAP team if they take us for granted. The team is NCAA level na.

Hopefully we can recruit younger players for next year who can play together for the next four years and start a program that will be there for the years to come. That is our plan.
Thanks

Mhel_Garrido
09-20-2007, 01:49 PM
By the way you can catch the Olympians in picture action through this Picture MTV we made
Hope you like it.

http://stiolympians.multiply.com/video/item/6/The_STI_College_OlympiansElevation

Dark Knight
09-20-2007, 10:23 PM
FEU B-* * * *-* (july-practice game) STI won by 10 pts - (some of the players here will play next year for FEU)

Coach, have you seen Robert Kave and Pipo in the line up of FEU Team B?

Sam Miguel
09-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Bumped into Ramon Mabayo and Haddi Porto (I think...) at my building today. Small wonder they looked very happy. Congratulations to the STI Olympians!

Mhel_Garrido
09-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Bumped into Ramon Mabayo and Haddi Porto (I think...) at my building today. Small wonder they looked very happy. Congratulations to the STI Olympians!

I talked to Ramon and he said nagulat siya nung binati mo raw siya sa elevator. anway he was with Mike Cabangon.

nastrans
09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Mukhang qualified ang STI sa CCL this season dahil sila ang NAASCU champions.

Mhel_Garrido
11-22-2007, 01:37 PM
We are very happy to represent the NAASCU and more importantly we are very happy giving the league good reviews by winning over 2007 Unigames Champion FEU Tamaraws.

bchoter
11-22-2007, 02:48 PM
You've sure gone a long way sir. You've already earned the respect of hardcore fans in the past. Now the mainstream fans have taken notice with your win over FEU. Congratulations for having a sound basketball program.

Mhel_Garrido
11-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the compliment. Btw, just call me Mhel wag na mag sir hehe.
Imagine how a single win in basketball can put a school in the limelight.
ay ang saya talaga.

BLUE HORSE
11-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Mhel,

You should have run an advertisement in one of the Manila dailies on the achievement of the team just like FEATI. You would have endeared yourself to Anton and Mark. :P

Mhel_Garrido
12-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Mhel,

You should have run an advertisement in one of the Manila dailies on the achievement of the team just like FEATI.* You would have endeared yourself to Anton and Mark.* *:P

Thanks thanks...tough act to follow but then again, the journey would be very exciting if ever.

King_stag
02-22-2008, 09:46 PM

I talked to Ramon and he said nagulat siya nung binati mo raw siya sa elevator. anway he was with Mike Cabangon.

Ramon studied in baste before he was recruited by STI. He used to be my schoolmate. He was snubbed by the coaching staff of baste, Already a polished player back then. Thanks to baste's questionable recruitment

King_stag
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Sti's Ramon mabayo is playing in the PBL for the san mig coffee team. He scored 6 points in their last win against Pharex medics.