PDA

View Full Version : DUNCIL COMING BACK?

Fried Green Tomato
07-20-2007, 10:21 AM
In an unprecedented twist of event, a SPECIAL EMERGENCY BOARD MEETING has been called by the UAAP Board today upon the request of UST to discuss the possible re-inclusion of Jojo Duncil.

In a letter delivered to all UAAP Board Reps and personally handled by UST Board Rep Mrs. Francisco, the UST Head Rector has asked the UAAP Board to reconsider the case of Jojo Dunci and allow him to play even if Duncil is not in the official line-up.

Remember, Jojo Duncil has been pulled out from the official line-up submitted by UST bec. Duncil is turning "pro" and the issue regarding his birth certificates has not yet been solved.

Ghostrider
07-20-2007, 10:28 AM
^^

Heard about this rumour also. This makes for a bad precedent and hopefully the UAAP Board, in its wisdom and slendor votes this down. :-\

oca
07-20-2007, 10:38 AM
^
....wisdom and splendor.... sa Board?

Ano yun? ;D

Fried Green Tomato
07-20-2007, 10:42 AM
The season has already started and I don't really get it why the UAAP Board should even entertain this kind of request - they should have outrightly thrown this request in the garbage bin.

This is just pure & simple powertripping on the part of ust. After you've seen all the teams, now they want reinforcement? Talk about fairplay.... & honesty?!

Since it is ust that requested the uaap board to discuss jojo duncil, then it's about time for the uaap board to clear once and for all the issue about the birth certificates.

When the Duncil case is slowly fading, UST just re-opened the case again. *I just hope they did not open a can of worms.

Stupidity at its finest.

5FootCarrot
07-20-2007, 11:09 AM
oca - Pwede pa naman umasa ;D

I have to agree with Ghostrider on this one - if it does come to pass that the Board allows Jojo Duncil to come back, it would create a bad precedent.

UST is currently fielding a complete lineup. If they get Duncil back, they're going to have to scrap someone, and I don't think that's fair to the current Tigers, whom I assume worked and prayed hard to make the lineup. Next thing you know, other schools will be pulling players off their lineups because they can and want to, which means that no one's slot is secure, and honestly I don't think that's the way to go if you want to win. Instead of focusing on the game, your players will be thinking about whether they'll be next to go and busy adjusting to playing alongside new teammates. These guys are young men (some even still legally children) and students who still need to feel secure about things, especially in such an important part of their lives.

I also believe the timing of the request and continuing cloud over Duncil himself casts this proposed move in a very bad light.

For one thing, IIRC UST is currently 1-2. To me, it looks like UST wants Duncil back because they think they're tanking without him. IMO, their title defense isn't a total loss yet - it's still early in the season. Ika nga ni bluewing, "bilog ang balls." Anything can still happen!

Further, as FGT has pointed out, the issue of Duncil having two birth certificates has not yet been resolved. It has not yet been established that he is not yet overage to compete in the UAAP. (Unless, of course, the Board is privy to information that we don't know, I'll allow for that possibility. Hindi naman ako taga-Board.) If there hadn't been any problem before, all he or UST needed to do was request the NSO to correct the incorrect document and legally establish that he was born in 1983. Then he would have been included in the lineup, no problem. However, instead of doing what he was supposed to do to clear his name, Duncil decided to turn pro. To many observers, that was a strong sign that something was rotten in the state of UST, and even if there is now proof that everything's copacetic, I personally think it's too late and too bad for UST and Jojo Duncil.

I had hoped that with all the lineups finalized, we could all focus on the games. It's disappointing to find that someone/something is trying to change the rules while the game is already being played, and without good reason.

Wang-Bu
07-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Wala bang gustong sumagot mula sa UST mismo? Seryosong usapin ito, tila yata brasohan.

Howard the Duck
07-20-2007, 12:00 PM
wag nang pabalikin. paano kung may gusot eh di sira ang pinaghirapan ng ibang players.

at saka nakakapag-adjust na rin ang mga tigers. nakakatira na nga ng tres si japs ah :D

allblue
07-20-2007, 12:05 PM
i thought duncil was a "dead horse."

aba, may resurrection pala sa espana. ;D

oca
07-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Minsan may mga bagay-bagay na mahirap paniwalaan. That UST will actually ask for the "reinstatement" of Duncil is really one for the books.

Mahabang usapan/ diskusyon ito. At ito lang ang maibabahagi ko ( liban duon sundot sa wisdom at splendor* ;D )-

UST will not ask for this meeting if it does not have the numbers.

It makes no sense for them to go through all this only to fail when voting comes in. I can just imagine the phone calls made over the past 24 - 48 hours trying to get the support of 4 other member schools.

"Haguran lang naman yan ng likod, eh."

Pero kung apat sa mga miembro ay may wisdom at splendor, sa Octobre na natin makikita maglaro si Duncil.

BigBlue
07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
what is UST's basis for asking for such a consideration? what makes Jojo Duncil such a unique and special case that 7 other schools need to bend over backwards? in the first place, it was UST's decision not to include Duncil in the lineup!

the board had nothing to do with that decision. please correct me if i am wrong, but i dont think that his case even reached the stage of investigation by any UAAP body. aside from bulung-bulungan and various newspaper write-ups, i have yet to hear of any school rasing this issue with the board.

wala bang paninindigan ang mga adminstrador ng UST? can't they just live with THEIR decision?

atenean_blooded
07-20-2007, 01:41 PM
So we're going to let a creature with 2 birth certificates back into the league?

Ano susunod? We'll let Manny Salgado back in?

Ang tigas naman ng pagmumukha ng may pakana nito.

Parang pagpili ng NAS bilang venue.

muddatrucker
07-20-2007, 01:44 PM
what is UST's basis for asking for such a consideration? what makes Jojo Duncil such a unique and special case that 7 other schools need to bend over backwards? in the first place, it was UST's decision not to include Duncil in the lineup!

the board had nothing to do with that decision. please correct me if i am wrong, but i dont think that his case even reached the stage of investigation by any UAAP body. aside from bulung-bulungan and various newspaper write-ups, i have yet to hear of any school rasing this issue with the board.

wala bang paninindigan ang mga adminstrador ng UST? can't they just live with their decision?

Exactly. It's not like he wasn't allowed to play. He wasn't included in the lineup, period.

gfy
07-20-2007, 01:52 PM
UST should have retained Duncil in their lineup. The eligibility committee allowed Ateneo to include Zialcita but at the risk of forfeiting games he played in if Ateneo did not come up with the required documents prior to a certain date. This is slightly different from the DLSU case where the committee required DLSU to produce the papers of Malabes because one can't include more than two foreigners in the lineup.

GHRanger
07-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Would anyone know what time the Emergency board meeting will start and when it will end?
Thanks.

GHRanger
07-20-2007, 02:20 PM
May balita na pala galing kay Sir Mateen sa Oblation Nation...

Motion DENIED for lack of merit

KuyaDanny
07-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Yes! Pero sira na rin ang image ng kung sino man ang umisip nito.

Wang-Bu
07-20-2007, 02:30 PM

Motion denied nga po.

At t-ang --- na lang nung kung sinomang ga-- nakaisip nito in the first place.

bluewing
07-20-2007, 04:12 PM
meron bang pa-contest na "wost host ever" ang board?

parang taun-taon, may hindi magpapatalo sa katangahan eh...

Coolmanny
07-20-2007, 06:35 PM
i would like to have Duncil in the line up, but not under these circumstances

the team seemed to have moved on without him, distraction lang ito

fujima04
07-20-2007, 06:40 PM
^Agree with Coolmanny. Makakagulo lang kung biglang isisingit si Duncil sa line-up in the middle of the season.

UST dropped him from the line-up. Finished! Period! No more coming back!

I commend the Board for denying the motion.

nash_bedista
07-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Buti na denied! Unfare naman kasi yun. At kung mangyayari yun,

Isama na sI Marvin Cruz at bumalik na sa UP!

Or Ken Bono sa Adamson! grrrr

Howard the Duck
07-20-2007, 07:30 PM
they're not that stupid if they've fixed duncil's papers, right?

ok. they're very stupid :D

irateluvmachine
07-20-2007, 10:49 PM

Motion denied nga po.

thank goodness.

i agree with the others, if ever it was approved and ust had to pull out one of their players in his favor, di lang madaya kundi unfair para sa player (who most likely would've previously toiled for a year or two in Team B, i.e. badua or basa) na nagpakahirap para makapasok sa Team A para lang tanggalin in favor of a star player with dubious documentation. that's what the americans would refer to as a "bait and switch"...

5FootCarrot
07-21-2007, 08:25 AM
I think I've seen Hector Badua play for UST Team B for the past three years. Matagal din siyang naghintay.

Amen. Mukhang nagulat tayong lahat, pati yung mga kasama nating taga-UST, at biglang inungkat ang kaso ni Duncil.

gfy
07-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Si Basa yun pinalit kay Duncil.

Ranger
07-21-2007, 10:29 AM
So we're going to let a creature with 2 birth certificates back into the league?

And what's wrong if Manny Salgado should be given a pardon and allowed to watch games again?

muddatrucker
07-21-2007, 06:14 PM

And what's wrong if Manny Salgado should be given a pardon and allowed to watch games again?

I think his point is how awful the enforcement of the rules is.

jollibeeaddict
07-21-2007, 08:11 PM
puro moro-moro na lang ang lahat. nasaan na ang credibility ng UAAP board?

bchoter
07-22-2007, 10:00 PM
At least this excercise in stoopidity have given the board a good image... I wonder who voted in favor of UST's petition. Stoopidy may love company like misery.

Jump_Shooter
07-23-2007, 01:25 PM
The UAAP Board has voted 7-0 against UST's appeal to allow Duncil to suit up. With that, this thread may no longer be relevant. I'll keep it open till the end of the week. Everyone has till then to put in their two cents'. Thank you.

hands-free
07-24-2007, 04:04 PM
It's an open secret that even if the actual meeting did not produce a 7-0 result, press releases will still say such for the sake of keeping a "united board" image.

Reliable sources who have actually been on the meeting have said that the true result was a narrow 4-3 vote. There was actually a 3-3 deadlock and UP's vote was needed to break this and obviously became the swing vote (UP presided as they will be next year's host and the petitioner is the current host).

Malaki ang mali ng press release kasi kung talagang unanimous, no need for the 7th member to vote and the result should stand as 6-0.

bchoter
07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
^ Nakahanp din ako ng damay :D

But seriously, what were the good priests thinking? This will set a precedent and that everytime these schools who are in cahoots with each other think of something stoopid to raise they won't hesitate to call for an emergency meeting. Kaya pala malakas ang loob ng UST alam nilang hindi lang sila an t@nga sa board. They truly flock together.

Next question is who was the enlightened one? DLSU and ADMU most probably voted the same way as UP. I have this feeling it wasn't FEU. I'm hoping it was NU.Now jump_shooter please lock this thread up for UST's sake :D

jollibeeaddict
07-24-2007, 09:09 PM
UP, ADMU and DLSU have always been on the same side lately. ngayon, ang tanong ay alin kaya sa FEU, NU, AdU at UE yung kumampi sa UP, ADMU at DLSU to the dismay of UST. ;D

atenean_blooded
07-25-2007, 01:49 AM
And the dead horse lives on.

All from inboundpass.com

Duncil birth case in Macabebe
by Josef Ramos
Tuesday, 17th July 2007 (Viewed 196 times)
Inboundpass.com note: This article also appeared on the July 17 issue of the PHILIPPINE CHRONICLE, the first newspaper to print the Jojo Duncil issue last June 7, 2007. This article was edited by Philippine Chronicle Sports Editor Al Mendoza.

MACABEBE, Pampanga—Why only now?

This was the question posed by several coaches and UAAP officials on the move of Jojo Duncil to correct his true year of birth.

During the UAAP press conference on July 2, the University of Sto . Tomas, through its athletic director Ermito de Sagon, said that Duncil was dropped from the UST roster this season because Duncil has two certificates of birth containing two different years of the cager’s year of birth—one was 1982 and the other 1983.

Duncil had said during the press conference that he had filed a case in Apalit, Pampanga, to correct the alleged flaw.

Said De Sagon, “One of Duncil’s birth certificates will make him eligible to play (1983) and the other (1982) not.”

On Friday, July 13, this writer went to Apalit, Pampanga, to check on Duncil’s court case.

There was none and instead, the case was filed here, which is 30 minutes by bus from Apalit.

The CHRONICLE/inboundpass.com learned that the case, filed by lawyer Victor Rodriguez on Duncil’s behalf, did not mention about Duncil’s two alleged NSO-certified certificates of birth as mentioned by De Sagon on July 2.

Maria Chico, the clerk of court in Apalit, said Apalit only hears criminal and civil cases.

Duncil’s case is “a special proceedings case.”

This town’s clerk of court said Duncil’s case was filed last June 7, 2007, the day the CHRONICLE first broke the news about Duncil’s birth certificate.

“The hearing of Duncil’s case might last for three months, depending on documents and pieces of evidence presented,” said the clerk of court, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The case, docketed as No. 07-05-85-M, would initially require Duncil to present documents like his voter’s ID, school records, baptismal and affidavits showing his purported year of birth.
Duncil’s case has sparked a lively debate among UAAP officials.
“Why did Mr. Duncil not correct his records when he was still in high school or elementary?” said one UAAP official, who requested anonymity. “If he had done so, this mess would not have happened in the first place.”

“We’re wondering why Jojo waited for more than 10 years to settle his true year of birth,” said former Far Eastern U mentor Bert Flores, now the team’s consultant.

“The way he was dropped from UST was very doubtful,” said William “Bogs” Adornado, the Adamson coach, who was a star UST cager during his heyday. “If there was really no problem with his year of birth, why did they drop the player from the line-up? And why only now?”

REVIVING A “DEAD HORSE”
by Tony L. Atayde
Monday, 23rd July 2007 (Viewed 152 times)

FACT 1: Right before the beginning of the season, the issue of Jojo Duncill’s birth certificate(s) was reported.

FACT 2: Pido Jarencio, Jojo Duncil and the whole UST hierarchy, denied that there was anything wrong with Duncil’s birth certificate(s).

FACT 3: UST announces that Duncil had decided to join the PBA draft.

FACT 4: Fr. De Sagun calls the Duncil issue is a dead horse.

FACT 5: UST starts the season with a 2 win 2 loss record, beating only winless Adamson and UP, in hard fought games.

FACT 6: UST calls for a UAAP board meeting to appeal to have Duncil reinstated even after the season had already started and the final line-ups submitted.

FACT 7: The UAAP Board unanimously denies UST’s appeal.
I really cannot understand what the UST Board reps were hoping to accomplish when they filed this appeal. It was Fr. De Sagun himself who called this issue a “dead horse”. Yet here they were reviving the “dead horse”.

This is definitely a desperation move by UST. It is probably an unprecedented request for a team to want to add a player this late in the first round. I’m sure UST was aware that it would be difficult to convince the UAAP Board to approve thir request, as it would open the flood gates of roster changes in the future. On the other hand, if by some weird stroke of luck, UST would have succeeded in its appeal, it would have tainted any success the team would have had in its title defense.

UST has all but admitted that they are not confident of their chances without Duncil in their line-up. It has been evident that the UST offense has been very limited with their present line-up. Jervy Cruz’s inside game would have been more effective if Jojo Duncil complimented this with his type of outside game.

What is very sad about this whole incident is bringing that it brings game to the boardroom rather than keeping it on the hard court. Once the season begins, there should no longer be any involvement by the Board except in matters concerning game matters such as protests.

I am just glad that the vote of the UAAP Board was unanimous. This truly helps in solidifying the integrity of the Board.

Timeline and Exhibits of a player described as a Good Boy
by Kim Lesaca
Monday, 23rd July 2007 (Viewed 163 times)

And now, on with the facts…

Much has been said about the Jojo Duncil issue. A lot of people came out to publicly defend Duncil, while others continue to portray him as a cheat. Even the school where he came from was not spared from all these talks. In some forums, discussions on this issue sometimes turn into ugly debates because the participants are very passionate about their stand.

But the question is: have these people seen the documents before they can make their conclusions? When they participate in these discussions, is it based on facts, or do they just use certain perceptions of those being talked about?

Inboundpass.com is committed to bring out stories that concern college basketball leagues in the country. Some of us in this site may have a thing or two for our alma mater. But more important, this website has committed itself in helping preserve pureness in these leagues by tackling issues that may become detrimental to all concerned in the long run. Such as the Jojo Duncil issue.

I have observed that a lot of people joining the discussions haven’t seen the documents that inboundpass have. Some even speculate on certain pieces of evidences, and eventually these speculations become the “gospel truth”. Through a timeline, inboundpass.com wishes to share the documents and the inside information that we have gathered for your appreciation.

June 5, 2007 - inboundpass.com’s Tony Atayde posts a story of an alleged high profile player from a UAAP school having a tampered birth certificate which will make him ineligible to play in UAAP Season 70

June 7, 2007 - Joselito “Jojo” Duncil files a petition before the Macabebe RTC (through lawyer Victor Rodriguez) to have his birth certificate entry changed, specifically the entry on date of birth from January 13 1982 to January 13 1983. Case no. 07-05-85-M Macabebe RTC.

June 10, 2007 - UST basketball coach Pido Jarencio comes to the defense of his player Jojo Duncil. When asked about Duncil having a tampered birth certificate, Jarencio says that it’s pure hearsay and that the rumor is not true. Jarencio adds that Duncil was born in 1983 according to records submitted to UST, and everything is okay with Jojo.

June 13, 2007 - inboundpass.com secures birth certificate and the Varsity Athletes’ Information System Eligibility Report submitted by UST to the UAAP in school year 2004-05. Both documents state Duncil’s date of birth as January 13 1983.

June 22, 2007 - inboundpass.com secures Duncil’s birth certificate from the National Statistics Office. The document states that he was born January 13 1982. The NSO also vouches authenticity of the birth certificate, stating that the document is a digital copy of the birth certificate coming from the Municipality of Apalit; and that it is the only document concerning Duncil’s birth certificate in their data base. Furthermore, the NSO states that the birth certificate submitted to the UAAP is tampered.

June 25, 2007 - UAAP Eligibility Committee meets; UST submitted a lineup with Duncil in it. But when questioned about the birth certificate, UST presents two birth certificates with NSO authenticity, one with DOB January 13 1982 (the same document secured by inboundpass.com) and another with DOB January 13, 1983.

June 27, 2007 - Duncil was interviewed by inboundpass.com and Philippine Chronicle reporter Josef Ramos; in the taped interview, Duncil vowed to fight tooth and nail over this matter. He claimed that the Municipality of Apalit lost his birth certificate when his sister tried to reprieve it, and that the municipality replaced it with the wrong DOB (January 13, 1982).

June 29, 2007 - UST declares Duncil will turn professional. Here is UST’s press release:

Duncil foregoes final year of eligibility, decides to turn pro.
JOJO Duncil, the 24-year-old who led the Santo Tomas Growling Tigers to an improbable Cinderella finish last year, has decided to forego his final year of UAAP eligibility to join the coming Philippine Basketball Assocation Draft.

The crafty, 6-foot shooting guard got the blessings of school officials and his coach, Pido Jarencio, after a long talk yesterday, with Jarencio saying that he will not in any way “stand in the way of his progress.”

"It is his and his family’s decision,” Jarencio said. “He already served his school well, and with that we are grateful. It’s time for us, as his guardians here (at UST), to support him in his career move.”

A native of Apalit town in Pampanga, Duncil, who won the Finals MVP last season when the Tigers upset the Ateneo Blue Eagles, 2-1, in the title series, was also a vital cog of the Harbour Centre team that won the PBL Unity Cup recently. His contract with the Batang Pier will expire at the end of this month.

”I want to play against the best and it is at this stage of my career where I feel that I can do that,” Duncil, who is the second blue-chip player to skip this year’s UAAP after Adamson’s Ken Bono, said in Filipino. “I am very thankful for UST officials for giving me their blessings.”

The PBA Draft is set in the second week of August and Duncil is expected to be snagged high in the order. Duncil attended practice at the UST gym yesterday to bid teammates farewell and wish them the best in their title defense, which starts Saturday next week.

Bono, the burly 6-foot-5 center who has a soft, accurate touch from the outside, is also reportedly set to enlist in the pool, which could go down as one of the richest in recent years.

July 2, 2007 - UAAP President Fr. Ermito De Sagon answers question on why Jojo Duncil left for the pro ranks.

“Ok, let me answer that. Of course, Jojo Duncil was our player. He was a UAAP player. As far as we are concerned, he is a dead horse and it is useless to talk about a dead horse. Sabi ko nga, kaya tinanggal na lang sa line-up kasi hindi nakaka-excel yung iba. Natatakpan yung ibang player namin kaya iba naman. But really, as far as the controversy is concerned, we know from the family. In fact, Jojo Duncil is the nephew of the rector of UST. So, as far as his person is concerned, we have no doubts against his person. He is a good boy. But the only problem is he has two NSO-certified birth certificates. One will make him ineligible. Kasi kung 1982, ineligible. Kung 1983, eligible. Now, we think that this is, as far as UST is concerned, is an additional burden, an excess load. We don’t want any member of our team to have excess load. It will be a distraction to our games. We don’t want to have games and put into question. Kaya better, mag-pro ka nalang. And of course, as a matter of fact, that was his real intention. He was weighing the possibility of going pro because he was watching the list of those who will go pro. Kasi siyempre, yung player, nakakiramdam din when is the best time to turn pro. Siyempre kung maraming magagaling na mag-turn pro, mahihirapan ka rin. So parang for him, that’s his decision and the family’s decision and we respect it. Sa UST, hindi na namin pinag-uusapan yun”.

July 7, 2007 - Start of UAAP Season 70

July 13, 2007 - As of this date, there’s still no schedule for the special proceeding for Duncil’s petition. The Clerk of Court of Macabebe RTC also said that Duncil has yet to submit the documents needed for his petition.

July 20, 2007 - Mrs. Felicitas Francisco asked for an emergency meeting of the UAAP Board to discuss the UST Rector’s request to let Duncil play this Season. The Board junks the request 7-0 during the said meeting.

I had a chat with a UAAP insider after the meeting, and I’m glad that he was able to answer my queries. When I asked about the basis of the UST Rector’s request, the UAAP insider said that the Rector was “out of the loop” and didn’t see the wisdom of Fr. De Sagon and Mrs. Francisco in deleting Duncil from the list of UAAP players.

When asked about the issue on the birth certificates, the UAAP insider acknowledged that the birth certificate UST submitted to the UAAP in 2002 was a tampered version of the NSO document with DOB January 13, 1982. The UAAP insider added that the other “NSO” document De Sagon was referring to during the July 2 press conference was not similar to the one submitted to the UAAP. So essentially, it was the tampered birth certificate that spelled the difference.

I asked why they have to submit such document to the UAAP if they have an alleged NSO (with DOB 1983) to begin with; the insider simply shrugged and said that its something between UST and Duncil. The insider also gave me the same reply when I asked when that alleged NSO (with DOB 1983) surface. The insider also noted that both NSO documents are authentic; though the insider admits that the birth certificate with DOB 1982 indeed came from the NSO, the insider can only observe the NSO document’s ( the one with DOB 1983) authenticity by looking at the document, and not verifying with the NSO. Maybe the UAAP Board can check with the NSO on this particular document.

When asked if UST was negligent on the matter, especially when the school submitted other documents such as the Athletes’ Information Record with DOB 1983, the UAAP insider simply said that since Duncil will no longer play in the UAAP, then the issue should be between UST and Duncil. But if the issue is discussed in the board room, then the Board will look it up, the insider adds.

What’s interesting is the date when Duncil filed his petition, filing it two days after Tony Atayde first wrote his blind item. Another interesting point is Duncil’s reply during the interview on why he had a birth certificate with DOB 1982, practically blaming the Municipality of Apalit for losing his document and replacing it with a wrong entry on DOB; and his conflicting reply to the UAAP Board (oh yes, the UAAP insider did confirm this) that his birth certificate was indeed altered in 1989 to make it appear that his DOB is January 13 1982 so he can enter elementary school (in 1989).

So there, you have the facts as gathered and compiled by inboundpass.com. I don’t expect everybody to swallow this as gospel truth, especially when some are hurt by it. For it’s been said that the truth may be your friend or your own worst enemy, depending on where you stand. As for inboundpass.com, we take full responsibility in presenting these facts to you. Also, we’d like to encourage you to check out the institutions mentioned if you have any doubts on the veracity of these materials.

http://www.inboundpass.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/jojo-duncil-documents.jpg

(Image above from inboundpass.com)

shyboy
07-25-2007, 04:07 AM
The next question will be...Which board member is brave enough to file this case to the UAAP Board?

Howard the Duck
07-25-2007, 09:04 AM
so lets say even if duncil has fraudulent BCs, he's still applicable to study in college since you don't need BCs to enter university, right?

oca
07-25-2007, 09:22 AM
The next question will be...Which board member is brave enough to file this case to the UAAP Board?*

Not just for shyboy, but to anyone who ask and repeatedly ask the same-

Don't be naive. Matagal na natin alam ang kalakaran sa UAAP Board.

The fact that the "attempt to reinstate Duncil" got 3 votes, should REVALIDATE what we - the basketball community- have thought all along about the "Board".

O, bawal magmura!

( Buti na lang at collective noun ang salitang Board. Malinaw na kung nagmura ka, ito ay di patungkol sa lahat ng miembro.)

oca
07-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Minsan may mga bagay-bagay na mahirap paniwalaan. That UST will actually ask for the "reinstatement" of Duncil is really one for the books.

Mahabang usapan/ diskusyon ito. At ito lang ang maibabahagi ko ( liban duon sundot sa wisdom at splendor* ;D )-

UST will not ask for this meeting if it does not have the numbers.

It makes no sense for them to go through all this only to fail when voting comes in. I can just imagine the phone calls made over the past 24 - 48 hours trying to get the support of 4 other member schools.

"Haguran lang naman yan ng likod, eh."

Pero kung apat sa mga miembro ay may wisdom at splendor, sa Octobre na natin makikita maglaro si Duncil.

Tama nga ang kutob ko. UST will not ask for that metting unless it knows it has the numbers. Buti na lang at may isang luminaw ang pag-iisip sa oras ng botohan.

Can anyone confirm from whom the 4th vote came from? (Aside from ADMU, DLSU and UP.)

nightowl
07-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Could it be UE was the 4th vote.....?

Anyway, with the inboundpass chronology of events, it's clear that the Board will need to have closure of the duncil case. They need to answer a simple question: was the NSO submitted by UST to the UAAP Board fraudulent or not?

One can go to college with fraudulent BC's, I guess, but the UAAP has rules on the submission of required documents. If, at the time of the entry of Duncil into the UAAP, his NSO certificate (NSO is required by the UAAP) said 1982, and it was changed to 1983, then he AND UST have a problem. That would mean submission of fake documentation.

hands-free
07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Pasensya na po kung hindi pwedeng sa akin manggaling kung sino ang ika-4 na miyembro. Isa po kasing kilalang malapit sa akin na nagtatrabaho sa loob ang nagsabi ng mga detalyeng ito at medyo maiinit na daw siya sa mata ng ibang tao. Baka ito pa ang gawing mitsa para matanggal siya ng trabaho. :-[..