PDA

View Full Version : Eliminations First Round Game 3: FEU

bigfreeze_bibby
07-15-2007, 07:19 AM
On Thursday, we will start a tough five game swing against teams which I feel are the final four and title contenders this season (what a way actually to end our first round schedule). FEU's confidence is high with their big win against UST yesterday and as we all know, we have faced this team in the Nike Summer League finals so more or less both coaches already have a "things to do" list in their minds as to how to beat each other come Thursday.

It will be the same factor for the Tamaraws. They will still rely with their height and quickness advantage especially in the rebounding department. Aside from that, we've seen them do pressure defense yesterday and it is dangerous since that defense, when clicks is kinda hard to stop not just because of the defensive formations and execution, but also due to the materials that you have executing the said defensive ploy. Bringing in tall people to do pressure defense can make it difficult for the offensive team to make passes and find holes to make those passes.

As for the Green Archers, just bring in their A-game and I think everything will be okay. Our overall play will help us get win number 3 of the season. Put focus on rebounding and pressure defense to score easy points against a tall FEU team. I know FEU is a tall team that can run as well but then I am confident that our fast break game is also good so I see that we can use this as an advantage on Thursday. Our perimeter game should click of course. I see it that it will be hard for us to penetrate the lane and score on inside layups.

shyboy
07-15-2007, 09:05 AM
FEU's wingmen can easily play the 2 to 5 positions. Though you can see the talent and potentials, we're still lucky we're going to face them in just their third game into the season. Medyo madali pa ng konti tingin ko to win against this talented FEU team. They'll be a heavy load come the second round.

nel
07-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Aggressive perimeter defense and winning the battle of the rebounds will be keys to our success. FEU likes to take outside shots (read Adolfo), and their ability to grab defensive boards drives their fastbreaks. If we can control the game tempo and maintain the pressure defense throughout the game, while mixing up our defensive setup, we should pull this one out.

jollibeeaddict
07-19-2007, 04:51 PM
updated scores (2nd Qtr):

DLSU, 13. FEU, 22.

jollibeeaddict
07-19-2007, 05:00 PM
La Salle is inching closer to FEU...

updated scores: DLSU, 20. FEU, 24.

Mikhail
07-19-2007, 05:01 PM
sumilip ako sa pantry, walang nanonood ng cinema one..

2nd q
feu 29
dlsu 24

jollibeeaddict
07-19-2007, 05:17 PM
half-time scores: DLSU, 26. FEU, 31.

hannah17
07-19-2007, 06:03 PM
last 2 minutes..La Salle led by 4

shyboy
07-19-2007, 07:00 PM
An ugly win by the Archers over FEU, 64-61.* Amazingly, everybody seems to be off today except maybe for Maierhofer who played big down the stretch.* Although FEU's defense was great, the Archers simply didn't have it today as even open shots that they normally make were not going in this afternoon.* PJ Barua played a good game even with limited minutes to gain Best Player honors

Bennie Bangag
07-19-2007, 07:07 PM
the story of the encounter is this: the tamaraws exposed the green archers' greatest weakness (the bigs) in the 1st half. then the green archers exposed the tamaraws' chief weakness (inexperience) in the 2nd half. congrats to la salle!

boyscout
07-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Thought this game would be a blow-out so wasnt eager to watch it on the onset. When I turned on the TV with 5 minutes left, I couldnt keep still! Hehe. Good thing the Archers prevailed! Congrats guys!

OT, Dapat palitan na nila yung venue ng UAAP mukhang panay tulo yung NAS! During the ADMU vs. UE game, Lee of UE slipped at the same spot where the FEU rookie (forgot his name) slipped. Delikado yung for any UAAP player since it can cause serious injuries to them.* Sana second round ibahin na nila yung venue for the games.

bigfreeze_bibby
07-20-2007, 07:08 AM
An ugly win by the Archers over FEU, 64-61. Amazingly, everybody seems to be off today except maybe for Maierhofer who played big down the stretch. Although FEU's defense was great, the Archers simply didn't have it today as even open shots that they normally make were not going in this afternoon. PJ Barua played a good game even with limited minutes to gain Best Player honors

Pare, I don't consider this as an ugly win. I expected this to be a close game as alam kong mahihirapan tayo with FEU's athletic guards and forwards na matatangkad din at the same time. I feel that we needed these types of games because this strengthen the team's character and poise. Come second round mas dikdikan na ang labanan dyan since alam na ng bawat team on how to play your opponentskaya first round pa lang dapat ma-experience na natin itong ganitong klaseng mga laro.

FEU knew how to play us. Pinaghandaan talaga. Barua had a splendid game playing only for 9 minutes and scoring 11 points to bail the Archers out. Even though TY played not so good yesterday, andun pa rin leadership niya sa floor stabilizing the offense in the last 2 miniutes. Composure ang nagdala sa tin yesterday. Kinabog yung mga FEU "rookies" resulting to missed free throw attempts in the closing stages of the game as well as missed field goal attemtps.

The game yesterday will be La Salle's last game in Ninoy in the first round. So wala na worries regarding the flooring and init sa loob hehe. Slippery floor ba kamo? The biggest break that we had yesterday was when Cawaling slipped on his own pagkatanggap ng bola after the inbound in our side, which enabled us to get the lead and never relinquished from then on.

anghusay
07-20-2007, 08:06 AM
FEU played great yesterday considering the team is loaded with "rookies". The offense of the Tamaraws was very fluid. Teamwork was very evident causing easy baskets via the extra pass. Sanga looks like a reincarnation of Arwind Santos. IHMO, the Tams are a serious final four contender this year.

shyboy
07-20-2007, 04:58 PM
An ugly win by the Archers over FEU, 64-61.* Amazingly, everybody seems to be off today except maybe for Maierhofer who played big down the stretch.* Although FEU's defense was great, the Archers simply didn't have it today as even open shots that they normally make were not going in this afternoon.* PJ Barua played a good game even with limited minutes to gain Best Player honors

Pare, I don't consider this as an ugly win.* I expected this to be a close game as alam kong mahihirapan tayo with FEU's athletic guards and forwards na matatangkad din at the same time.* I feel that we needed these types of games because this strengthen the team's character and poise.* Come second round mas dikdikan na ang labanan dyan since alam na ng bawat team on how to play your opponentskaya first round pa lang dapat ma-experience na natin itong ganitong klaseng mga laro.

FEU knew how to play us.* Pinaghandaan talaga.* Barua had a splendid game playing only for 9 minutes and scoring 11 points to bail the Archers out.* Even though TY played not so good yesterday, andun pa rin leadership niya sa floor stabilizing the offense in the last 2 miniutes.* Composure ang nagdala sa tin yesterday.* Kinabog yung mga FEU "rookies" resulting to missed free throw attempts in the closing stages of the game as well as missed field goal attemtps.*

The game yesterday will be La Salle's last game in Ninoy in the first round.* So wala na worries regarding the flooring and init sa loob hehe.* Slippery floor ba kamo?* The biggest break that we had yesterday was when Cawaling slipped on his own pagkatanggap ng bola after the inbound in our side, which enabled us to get the lead and never relinquished from then on.

I know FEU will come out strong yesterday but there's this something that you can feel sorely lacking yesterday.* I tried to give FEU's defense the benefit but still, we had many open looks which we didn't capitalize on.* That 30-second violation towards the end solidified my opinion that the Archers were not their usual selves.* That was crucial as it stopped the clock and allowed FEU to call a timeout and setup on offense. True enough, a 3-pointer by Baracael in the ensuing play. Buti na lang Cholo made those two FTs to put the lead back to 3 points.

I'm sure we learned some lessons in this game.* The positive point in this win is that PJ Barua has now come to fore as another option on offense for us.* We're now 9-10 man deep in terms of capability to provide instant offense, not to mention their own defensive abilities as well.

Sana lumabas na rin laro ni Malabes next game.

bigfreeze_bibby
07-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Sana mga ma-break in na rin si Malabes. We definitely need his scoring on the succeeding games. Maaaring may kulang sa tin nung Thursday pero I have to give also our boys credit for giving out all that they've got. Naramdaman ko na medyo dehado tayo sa style ng laro nung 1st to 3rd quarters pero nung 4th quarter alam kong babalik at babalik ang team no matter how good FEU was playing at that point.